Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,719 members, 7,816,964 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

We Are Endangered In Benue – Igbo Residents Cry Out - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Endangered In Benue – Igbo Residents Cry Out (29900 Views)

Igbo Residents In Lagos: I Fear We Are Getting To The End Of Nigeria — Ezeife / The Hausas Are Endangered ! / Igbo Residents In Ondo State, Who Are You Voting For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Are Endangered In Benue – Igbo Residents Cry Out by onward4life(m): 7:25pm On Sep 02, 2019
"black skulls"
Re: We Are Endangered In Benue – Igbo Residents Cry Out by Obec70(m): 7:25pm On Sep 02, 2019
Got this same information not long ago, what have we turned this country into? When has the Igbo race became endangered species in the middle belt / northern Nigeria? The security agencies turning a blind eye?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Are Endangered In Benue – Igbo Residents Cry Out by slam7000(m): 7:26pm On Sep 02, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Lol, I know right

Another is actually making a joke that the issue of the Danish cartoonist led to the killings of Igbos by Hausas. grin

I didn’t like what he wrote in the original comment but yes the Danish cartoon had terrible repercussions in Nigeria. I’m certain that most of the crowd who participated in the killings didn’t know why they were doing that.

Lives were lost and properties burnt and looted because someone drew a cartoon of prophet Mohammed in Denmark.

Similar incident happened when there was controversy when the miss world beauty pageant was to be held in Nigeria.

The Muslim society and some outspoken individuals condemned it. They didn’t want it hosted in Nigeria and this was after Agbani Darego had won it the previous year...trouble started when one journalist miss Isioma wrote in one of the dailies that she couldn’t understood the fuss about the opposition from the north that maybe prophet Mohammed would’ve supported it...More than 100 people lost their lives after that...however, this thread is about the plight of some people who are facing had times from kidnappers and thieves and I believe the authorities should listen and do the right thing.

2 Likes

Re: We Are Endangered In Benue – Igbo Residents Cry Out by goodnessme1(f): 7:27pm On Sep 02, 2019
Clean2016:

Wow. Truly we are a nation of morons. And you went to school truly? You need to seek for refund. It's a wasted effort and investments on you
The truth is bitter.

2 Likes

Re: We Are Endangered In Benue – Igbo Residents Cry Out by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 02, 2019
YorubaHero12:
Damn, the ever gallant Biafla navy seal should as a matter of urgency deploy the best of the best to Benue.

We will no longer fold our arms and watch the Fulanis kill and maim our kinsmen like chickens.

Chukwu Abiama is our strength and no one can withstand our mighty force when we really want to fight.

Benue is in trouble!

Is IPOB = Igbo?
Re: We Are Endangered In Benue – Igbo Residents Cry Out by Iamgrey5(m): 7:31pm On Sep 02, 2019
slam7000:

I didn’t like what he wrote in the original comment but yes the Danish cartoon had terrible repercussions in Nigeria. I’m certain that most of the crowd who participated in the killings didn’t know why they were doing that.

Lives were lost and properties burnt and looted because someone drew a cartoon of profile her Mohammed in Denmark.

Similar incident happened when there was controversy when the miss world beauty pageant was to be held in Nigeria.

The Muslim society and some outspoken individuals condemned it. They didn’t want it hosted on Nigeria and this was after Agbani Darego had won it the previous year...trouble started when one journalist miss Isioma wrote in one of the dailies that she couldn’t understood the fuss about the opposition from the north that maybe prophet Mohammed would’ve supported it...More than 100 people lost their lives after that...however, this thread is about the plight of some people who are facing had times from kidnappers and thieves and I believe the authorities should listen and do the right thing.
Majority of the riots happen in Kaduna which is flash point between Christains and Muslims in the North.

We often forget that there is a significant difference between religious crisis and ethnic crises in the Northern Nigeria.

Benue is the state with the highest numbers of christains in northern Nigeria and they are allegedly targeting Igbos as suggested by this article.

Hence, none of those protest was particularly against Igbos on both occasions.

2 Likes

Re: We Are Endangered In Benue – Igbo Residents Cry Out by Deepfeel(m): 7:36pm On Sep 02, 2019
MetaPhysical:

grin grin

Benue is part of Biafra, not Nigeria. grin
Biafrans should not kill fellow Biafrans. Where is Ipob to intervene in the matter?

Benue state is not biafra my friend, Benue fought against us during biafran war, tiv people had a prominent tiv son that participate very well in the biafran war,
he was the chief of army staff from 1967 to1968 when he was killed in an helicopter crash during the biafran war, his name was colonel Joseph akahan from gboko

Akahan was also one of the leaders of the Nigerian Counter-Coup of 1966 in which Aguiyi-Ironsi was killed and replaced General Yakubu Gowon, and in which there was a mass slaughter of Igbo officers at 4th Battalion in Ibadan under Akahan's command.

Adaibeku Biko tell them cause I don't even believe the story in this thread is actually what is happening in gboko , it's in zakibiam not gboko

2 Likes

Re: We Are Endangered In Benue – Igbo Residents Cry Out by gwafaeziokwu: 7:40pm On Sep 02, 2019
Mizwisdom:

You're wrong, is it not the same thing happening in Ghana, South Africa, Cameroon, India, Kenya and Malaysia? are they also kidnapping you in these places too? humble yourselves that's all, you can't be more prosperous than the owners of the land where you do business, you're just louder and more proud than the average person

" You can't be more prosperous than the owners of the land where you do business". This is the root cause of Igbophobia summarised. grin grin grin.

Every talented,business oriented race have had their fair share of the hate. 6 million Jews had to go through the gas chambers in Germany because there have to be an easy scape goat for all the economic hardship imposed on the poor by clueless leadership. How can every body be poor (known as humility in some people’s dictionary), while others live in opulence. So the people progressing must be responsible for the woes of others.

The Jews got respite when they got their own Jewish state. At least they can fight their cause both diplomatically and militarily, chose their friends, allies and foes,charting a prosperous course for its people. A Biafra state will do same for Igbos too. The burden of greatness is not beans and yam. I am now convinced more than ever that my children and grandchildren will need their own country where their interest will be protected, and they flourish without bothering about offending anyone with "success".

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: We Are Endangered In Benue – Igbo Residents Cry Out by zedman1(m): 7:41pm On Sep 02, 2019
goodnessme1:
That is how core north started boko haram by killing only igbos,
then west and their allies in north were rejoicing.
You don't know a thing about the history of boko haram bro, even if you weren't born then a simple research will help, at least Google is there for you.

1 Like

Re: We Are Endangered In Benue – Igbo Residents Cry Out by Ikechunna: 7:42pm On Sep 02, 2019
When several Igbos kept informing all this one Niggerian Igbos to stop caring about what Fulanis are doing to benue people and the amount of murder inflicted on them, oya they kept claiming Nnamdi Kanu is teaching hate and Igbos don't tolerate injustice. Oya see am. I keep saying it the same mofos that danced over the death of IPOB Members that were Unarmed don't care about you. Idk why some Igbos show pity to people that won't show pity to them. Like I can never fathom it.

Since the Igbo indigenous in Benue reported marginalization and the ones here kept trying to deny those people their territory, wtf decieved you people those niggas are your friends. This is why I didn't care how many times Fulanis murdered them. The Benue people and Fulanis are one of the same. Probably now it's happening to SE Igbos in that territory maybe now you'll start listening to Igbos indigenous of that territory.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Endangered In Benue – Igbo Residents Cry Out by Obiwank: 7:50pm On Sep 02, 2019
This is one of the fruits of IPOB verbal attacks/ insults on all other ethnic groups across the country once you dont agree with him.

Igbos need more allies but Mr Kanu and his followers dont have a clue. Sad!!!

2 Likes

Re: We Are Endangered In Benue – Igbo Residents Cry Out by Nnukwueze: 7:53pm On Sep 02, 2019
Ikechunna:
When several Igbos kept informing all this one Niggerian Igbos to stop caring about what Fulanis are doing to benue people and the amount of murder inflicted on them, oya they kept claiming Nnamdi Kanu is teaching hate and Igbos don't tolerate injustice. Oya see am. I keep saying it the same mofos that danced over the death of IPOB Members that were Unarmed don't care about you. Idk why some Igbos show pity to people that won't show pity to them. Like I can never fathom it.

Since the Igbo indigenous in Benue reported marginalization and the ones here kept trying to deny those people their territory, wtf decieved you people those niggas are your friends. This is why I didn't care how many times Fulanis murdered them. The Benue people and Fulanis are one of the same. Probably now it's happening to SE Igbos in that territory maybe now you'll start listening to Igbos indigenous of that territory.

Liberal Igbos can be very stupid.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Are Endangered In Benue – Igbo Residents Cry Out by Csami(m): 7:55pm On Sep 02, 2019
Mizwisdom:
Everywhere they go people hate them, it's a pity sha, maybe if you humble yourselves you will be liked, peace to all

I was thinking you have sense
Re: We Are Endangered In Benue – Igbo Residents Cry Out by Ikechunna: 8:01pm On Sep 02, 2019
Nnukwueze:

Exactly. I never can fathom how blinded all these "one Niggeria" seeking Igbos are. When I saw some igbo wailing over the death of Benue people in the hands of fulani, literally kept wondering wtf kind of stupidity is that. Those people are the same fuckers that actually stopped Igbo bus to slaughter Igbo passengers be it women, children and men prior to the Biafra and you actually telling me some Igbos are moaning on their behalf. Are you fucking kidding me? I'm posting this article on FB. I honestly want to see the reactions of one Niggerian Igbos. I want to see how far their blindness goes.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Are Endangered In Benue – Igbo Residents Cry Out by Nnukwueze: 8:05pm On Sep 02, 2019
Ikechunna:

Exactly. I never can fathom how blinded all these "one Niggeria" seeking Igbos are. When I saw some igbo wailing over the death of Benue people in the hands of fulani, literally kept wondering wtf kind of stupidity is that. Those people are the same fuckers that actually stopped Igbo bus to slaughter Igbo passengers be it women, children and men prior to the Biafra and you actually telling me some Igbos are moaning on their behalf. Are you fucking kidding me? I'm posting this article on FB. I honestly want to see the reactions of one Niggerian Igbos. I want to see how far their blindness goes.

Those guys are a lost cause. There is little that can be done to redeem them. Personally I wish they can be cut off from the Igbo race.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Are Endangered In Benue – Igbo Residents Cry Out by ProfBrugo: 8:06pm On Sep 02, 2019
These alarmists cannot just live at peace with their neighbours.
Re: We Are Endangered In Benue – Igbo Residents Cry Out by Kennydoc(m): 8:09pm On Sep 02, 2019
Mizwisdom:

You're wrong, is it not the same thing happening in Ghana, South Africa, Cameroon, India, Kenya and Malaysia? are they also kidnapping you in these places too? humble yourselves that's all, you can't be more prosperous than the owners of the land where you do business, you're just louder and more proud than the average person

South Africans are killing Africans generally. It appears like the focus is on Nigerians simply because there are more Nigerians in South Africa than people of any other country. In most countries where you have black foreigners, most of them will be Nigerians. The reason is obviously because Nigeria is the most populous black nation on earth, and the country is in a mess, so most Nigerians cherish any opportunity to leave the country.

https://www.nairaland.com/5393765/south-africans-burn-properties-cars
https://www.nairaland.com/5393517/xenophobia-south-africa-nigerians-run
The 2 links above are links to posts shared this morning about South Africans destroying the property of Nigerians. Watch the 2 videos in both posts and tell me the Nigerian tribe represented in both of them.
You see, some of you mock Igbos over such attacks cos you think it's only Igbos that are affected, or you think it's a focussed attack on Igbos. That's just ignorance.
Re: We Are Endangered In Benue – Igbo Residents Cry Out by Gentlewarrior1(m): 8:10pm On Sep 02, 2019
Nnukwueze:

I swear to God I hate those bastards with every fiber of my being. I wouldn't care if I saw afonja babies being smashed to death. I just pray they go ahead and start some kind of attack on Igbos.
Nwanne stop talking trash pls

Don't poison yourself with hate

Flee from such dirty despicable thoughts. Why talk about innocent babies in such gruesome manner

That's very low and shameless of you. You're above that please

Mind you i am also a fellow biafran but i don't support talk about death of innocent babies. Not even that of my enemies

7 Likes

Re: We Are Endangered In Benue – Igbo Residents Cry Out by gwafaeziokwu: 8:12pm On Sep 02, 2019
Obiwank:
This is one of the fruits of IPOB verbal attacks/ insults on all other ethnic groups across the country once you dont agree with him.

Another one. grin grin" Igbos needed more allies"

If you don't want to be targeted for kidnapping in Nigeria, find an ally. Gospel according to Obiwank. After all the west and the North have allies so those guys held hostage in different forest in IBADAN, osogbo ,Kaduna, Kastina and Zamfara are the unfortunate Igbos without allies. grin

Things we learn in Nairaland everyday grin

2 Likes

Re: We Are Endangered In Benue – Igbo Residents Cry Out by Ikechunna: 8:12pm On Sep 02, 2019
Obiwank:

This has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with Nnamdi Kanu or IPOB. Was Nnamdi Kanu alive when the Benue people stopped buses and dragged Igbo passengers out to murder them before the Biafran war?

Was Nnamdi Kanu present when the Igbos that are indigenous of Benue reported the maltreatment and marginalization they recieve by both the people of Benue as well as government?

The hate they had for Igbos have always been there even before Nnamdi Kanu came into picture.

Nnamdi Kanu came and replicated your actions towards Igbos even before my ass was born. Now you morons are now trying to use him as an excuse for it despite you Niggerians have always been doing it even before Kanu was born, hell even before any of our parents were born.

2 Likes

Re: We Are Endangered In Benue – Igbo Residents Cry Out by Elliot2(m): 8:13pm On Sep 02, 2019
Mizwisdom:
Everywhere they go people hate them, it's a pity sha, maybe if you humble yourselves you will be liked, peace to all
Sharrap! It is envy! I have seen communities where every essential goods and services in the communities are being provided by igbo men. From pharmacy, to pos,electrical appliances,to just anything you could think of. Most start from nothing until it blossoms and then they create chains of businesses. While most citizens of host communities lazy around,they work! But you will come around to hate them when your women chose them over you; when you ask to buy something on credit and they refuse you,e.t.c. It is then you remember they are proud,they are non one of you,bla bla bla.

4 Likes

Re: We Are Endangered In Benue – Igbo Residents Cry Out by Gentlewarrior1(m): 8:14pm On Sep 02, 2019
Nnukwueze:

True though

Especially those blinded by One Nigeria
Re: We Are Endangered In Benue – Igbo Residents Cry Out by janykute: 8:14pm On Sep 02, 2019
Mizwisdom:

You're wrong, is it not the same thing happening in Ghana, South Africa, Cameroon, India, Kenya and Malaysia? are they also kidnapping you in these places too? humble yourselves that's all, you can't more prosperous than the owners of the land where you do business, you're just louder and more proud than the average person
since when has this become a crime?

1 Like

Re: We Are Endangered In Benue – Igbo Residents Cry Out by Gentlewarrior1(m): 8:15pm On Sep 02, 2019
Nnukwueze:

Shameless fool I can never love anyone that hates me.
Nna you sound like an extremist

I don't love them either. But that doesn't mean i should throw away my humanity

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Governor Buni: ‘I Spend Three Days In A Month In Yobe’ / Second Niger Bridge Users Will Pay Toll - FG / Sunday Akoji Claims Army Has Found Buhari's certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.