Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,518 members, 7,954,967 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:25 PM

Ijaws Or Yorubas Who Own Ondo. - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaws Or Yorubas Who Own Ondo. (10624 Views)

APC Yoruba Tinubu Thugs Attack Yorubas Who Look Like Ibo. / WHO ARE SS Brothers''igbos Or Yorubas? / Between The Igbos And Yorubas Who Has Aligned With The North More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaws Or Yorubas Who Own Ondo. by jafol(m): 7:12pm On Sep 08, 2019
funmijoyb:

Ondo is never 100 percent yoruba lets say ondo is 50% yoruba or less . mind you I'm yoruba
Pls u r not Yoruba no Yoruba lady will say that. Any ondo person is always proud of being ondo. You have failed missy with fake Yoruba name

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ijaws Or Yorubas Who Own Ondo. by funmijoyb(f): 8:12pm On Sep 08, 2019
jafol:

Pls u r not Yoruba no Yoruba lady will say that. Any ondo person is always proud of being ondo. You have failed missy with fake Yoruba name
Say whatever you like many tribes in Ondo and are not yorubas . why are u insulting?

2 Likes

Re: Ijaws Or Yorubas Who Own Ondo. by niyidenrele: 9:23pm On Sep 08, 2019
goodnessme1:
BUT how can it be 100% yoruba land when we have ijaw indigenes in ondo,people like Sowore.
people will not cease to amaze me,does Sowore sounds Ijaw??...and if it was truly Ijaw, please tell us what it means in Ijaw language, thanks
Re: Ijaws Or Yorubas Who Own Ondo. by niyidenrele: 9:28pm On Sep 08, 2019
Odingo1:

But Ilaje people can’t hear Yoruba language or can a Yoruba man hear Ilaje language. Just like in Lagos also where Egun or Awori man have their own language which Yoruba person cannot hear.

You know Yorubas successfully put all this non Yorubas tribes as Yorubas because other Nigerians don’t put division among them the same way Yorubas and the North put divisions between the Igbos and related tribes in Niger Delta because of oil.

In real situation Aworis, Eguns, Ilaje have a unique language that a Yoruba man cannot understand when they are speaking it.
...can u ( am sure u r flatinnos) understand Ijebu,when spoken ,or Ekiti ,or Igbomina (@Kwara) or Owo,...and because of that,we should say they are not real Yoruba??...Mr Flatinnos,have read the story of Ekiti Parapo war ?? I doubt it ....why not stick to your potopoto region and leave us alone ,...hatred and jealousy at its peak

2 Likes

Re: Ijaws Or Yorubas Who Own Ondo. by niyidenrele: 9:36pm On Sep 08, 2019
Odingo1:

A Yoruba man cannot hear Ilaje language, Ilaje have Yoruba as central language just the same way all minority tribes in the North have Hausa as central language but have individual languages that a Hausa person cannot hear.

If you are Yoruba man that have not lived in Ondo before and come to Ilaje part of Ondo, Oga as a Yoruba man you can’t hear Ilaje.

You hear Ilaje because you are an Ondo man, a Yoruba from Osun or Oyo can’t hear Ilaje language.
but Delta too have Igbo ,can u too speak Delta Igbo ?
Re: Ijaws Or Yorubas Who Own Ondo. by niyidenrele: 9:40pm On Sep 08, 2019
hammerVJ:

IS SOWORE YORUBA?

IS HE FROM ONDO STATE?
No ,he's from Imo state
Re: Ijaws Or Yorubas Who Own Ondo. by goodnessme1(f): 10:35pm On Sep 08, 2019
niyidenrele:
people will not cease to amaze me,does Sowore sounds Ijaw??...and if it was truly Ijaw, please tell us what it means in Ijaw language, thanks
I did not say so.
Is your yoruba brothers that denial sowore saying he is not a yoruba but an ijaw from ondo state.
Re: Ijaws Or Yorubas Who Own Ondo. by Atigba: 11:23pm On Sep 08, 2019
goodnessme1:
pls and am here to learn.

Before i thought all six south west state are fully Yorubas.

But recently a man who i thought is a yoruba man was arrested(sowore)
that was when i get to know he is an ijaw from ondo state.

My question now is between ijaw and yorubas who have more population in ondo.

Ondo state belong to Ijaw and Edo
Re: Ijaws Or Yorubas Who Own Ondo. by Atigba: 11:25pm On Sep 08, 2019
Odingo1:
Ijaw own the oil in Ondo state, there are other tribes in Ondo like Ilaje related to Yorubas and Izon related to Ijaw. Ijaw and Ilaje own Ondo but Yorubas are majority.
Ilaje people are from Edo State, they are not Yoruba
Re: Ijaws Or Yorubas Who Own Ondo. by 9jakool: 11:26pm On Sep 08, 2019
chennaija:

I'm telling you that what is happening in Ondo is like what is happening in Edo and Kwara. I 'll touch on Kwara, like Ondo like you said, Kwara is also run by Hausa-Fulani but doesn't mean that they own the state. Yoruba own Kwara but they don't run it. Likewise Ijaw own Ondo but don't run it. Likewise too Edo with Igbo blood are the true owners of Edo but Edo with yoruba blood run it.

Then you should agree with me that Igalas own Anambra but they don't run it.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaws Or Yorubas Who Own Ondo. by Atigba: 11:27pm On Sep 08, 2019
abdulwastecx:

Ilaje are Yoruba not a tribe on its own. Ondo state is a state of different Yoruba group that are not of OYo stock but that doesn't make them a distinct tribe from Yoruba.

Ilaje people are not yoruba, they are from Edo State
Re: Ijaws Or Yorubas Who Own Ondo. by Jasparrow1: 12:05am On Sep 09, 2019
9jakool:

Then you should agree with me that Igalas own Anambra but they don't run it.
This one has drank too much of brukutu grin grin how is Anambra become igalas land grin some people with their thinking faculty is surprising grin grin Anambra is 100% Igbo land. All the local government, markets, towns, areas, villages, schools, hotels etc are named after igbos grin Everything about that state is Igbo. The igalas are from kogi that migrated to Anambra. They're just visitors there grin grin stop decieving yourself on Nairaland grin
Re: Ijaws Or Yorubas Who Own Ondo. by jafol(m): 2:39am On Sep 09, 2019
funmijoyb:

Say whatever you like many tribes in Ondo and are not yorubas . why are u insulting?
Did they tell u that they r yorubas?
Re: Ijaws Or Yorubas Who Own Ondo. by jafol(m): 2:41am On Sep 09, 2019
Atigba:

Ilaje people are not yoruba, they are from Edo State
I have family in ilaje pls ondo share borders with edo and delta. What do y’all think they will surely be mixtures of intermarriage between them
Re: Ijaws Or Yorubas Who Own Ondo. by Atigba: 4:51am On Sep 09, 2019
jafol:

I have family in ilaje pls ondo share borders with edo and delta. What do y’all think they will surely be mixtures of intermarriage between them

It is not about intermarriage, they are purely from Edo State

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mele Kyari: 3% To Communities More Than 30% Share For Oil Exploration / Appeal Court Reinstates Binani, Bwacha As Adamawa & Taraba APC Guber Candidates / Tinubu’s First 6 Months: FG, States Spend Hugely, Citizenry Not Feeling Impact

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.