Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,541 members, 7,958,667 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:09 PM

Nigeria, Igbo And Anambra ----time To Call A Spade A Spade - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria, Igbo And Anambra ----time To Call A Spade A Spade (11479 Views)

“IPOB Terrorists”: Tinubu Is Blunt; He Called A Spade A Spade / Kayode Ogundamisi Embarrass A One Nigeria Igbo Boy On Twitter(photo) / Open Grazing: Northern Governors Finally Called Spade, A Spade – Atedo Peterside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria, Igbo And Anambra ----time To Call A Spade A Spade by astrodome: 4:00pm On Sep 10, 2019
Nigeria, Igbo and Anambra ----time to call a spade a spade

Yesterday, I made this thread 10 South East Igbos Who Can Be Great Nigerian Presidents https://www.nairaland.com/5407788/10-south-east-igbos-great

As you can see there, 70% of those in the list are from Anambra. What does that say, it says that Anambra people are great set of Igbos and I recognize that, even though I am not from Anambra (I am from Abia).

So, when I say the things I am going to say below, don't come after me. I am not biased, just stating the obvious, which is the sweet truth and the bitter truth.

Now, to the point of this post.

Nigeria's image has been badly battered world over in the last several years. All Nigerians are responsible for the battered image either from home or abroad. However, the battered image from abroad is more painful because it directly bothers on how the outside world views us who live abroad. Here is my breakdown of who has battered our image and how.

Fulani, Kanuri, and Hausa: through kidnappings (Kaduna), killings by murderous Fulani herdsmen and through Boko Haram, and involvement in ISIS (Some northern kids were returned to Nigeria recently from Syria; also, the underwear plane bomber in Detroit was a northerner inspired by ISIS)

Edo: through prostitution and human trafficking in Italy and Spain

Yoruba: through fraud (internet, marriage, visa and all sorts of scams), human trafficking in the Middle East and West Africa, and human ritual (both dead and living) in Nigeria

Igbo: same as Yoruba for fraud + DRUGS, and human trafficking (in SA and Malaysia)

By specific states, the 7 states that have battered Nigeria's foreign image the most are

1. Borno
2. Anambra
3. Ogun
4. Edo
5. Lagos
6. Imo
7. Kaduna

(Fulani cattle herdsmen killers are scattered all over, with no specific state)

I am not interested in further discussing Fulani, Kanuri, Yoruba or Edo contributions to the image battering. If they are capable of being honest with themselves, they should dare to call their own spade a spade. Or, they can blame it all on others. I am interested in that of the Igbo, because I am Igbo and charity must begin at home.

The Igbos have disgraced Nigeria thoroughly through drug trafficking; I am ashamed. Now, among the Igbos, 80% of those caught disgracing Nigeria abroad are from one state alone. That state is ANAMBRA. Go to China, Malaysia, Ghana, SA, US etc. Of the Igbos in these places, it is preponderantly Anambra folks running afoul of the laws of those lands. Do you know where nearly all 77 of the Igbos arrested in the recent FBI raid come from?

While ANAMBRA STATE is arguably the greatest Igbo state (Zik, Ojukwu, Ekwueme, just name it), it is also the worst Igbo state in terms of criminality and lust for filthy lucre. Money is king in Anambra, and if you don't have it you are doomed. That is why every illiterate person who failed in education, business, and other genuine endeavors that Anambra is known for resorts to traveling abroad to make money. When you hear these criminals speak, it reeks of illiteracy, ill manner, boastfulness, money, and more money. Some Anambra parents condone it; it is evident.

Following Anambra is Imo 15%. The rest SE States, Enugu, Abia and Ebonyi, share a very tiny fraction of the battering, 5%. In fact, if these three states were the only Igbo states, then Igbos would be contributing almost nothing in Nigeria's image battering. I am not saying these three states are holy, but they are incomparable to Anambra and Imo

That being said, Anambra people must revisit their value systems and stop making everything about money. The good ones among them (and they are in millions) should speak out, NOW. As things stand, unless Igbos, starting with Anambra, get their act together and fight the crime culture head-on, if Igbos get Biafra today, it will be the most criminal state in Africa, comparable to Colombia and Mexico. It will be a small country with high crime rate by its people abroad.

Now, let me speak to the rest of Nigeria. It is counterproductive for you to not let Igbos go. There is really nothing earthshaking that Nigeria is gaining from Igbos that will make it not allow Igbos go. If I am a Nigerian leader from the North or SW, I will let Igbos go now, so that their contribution to battering Nigeria’s image will go with them. Shouldn't ya'll non-Igbo Nigerians be interested in protecting the image (if any) of your green passport?

I rest my case.

25 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigeria, Igbo And Anambra ----time To Call A Spade A Spade by Nobody: 4:17pm On Sep 10, 2019
Lolzzzz....Trash of the 21st century.

When people fails to make money , it now become anambra.

Please anambra is not responsible for anybody poverty.

Men must make money and cash...You just writing trash evident as if u can't bear them, then you join them..

Anambra state has contributed her own quota immensely.

Nwata kwochaa aka, osoro ogaranya rie nri....

Is now obvious that hatred reeks in the mind of the Op..

Anambra is disgracing you that's why Abia state is like Sudan and Somalia.

Please blame yourself for your failure and leave anambra alone...

Oochim.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria, Igbo And Anambra ----time To Call A Spade A Spade by astrodome: 4:19pm On Sep 10, 2019
MelesZenawi:
Lolzzzz....Trash of the 21st century.

When people fails to make money , it now become anambra.

Please anambra is not responsible for anybody poverty.

I know people like you will respond this way. You are a condoner of criminality. FYI, I make genuine money. With a PhD in (Environmental) Engineering, not many Nigerians make the money that I make in America. Okay!!! But I am tired of the disgrace. Only a criminal Igbo person will turn this thread laced with the truth into sub-ethnic bashing.

Abia state is decrepit; I do not need to be reminded. That is why in my post from yesterday https://www.nairaland.com/5407788/10-south-east-igbos-great I excluded three of its past governors from the list of those I would like to see as Nigerian presidents of Igbo extraction. I tell myself the truth. Try and do so for yourself. Chukwu gozie gi.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria, Igbo And Anambra ----time To Call A Spade A Spade by xelly: 4:21pm On Sep 10, 2019
I see the happenings as failure of the leaders. We will continue to get such if we don't change the way we do things. Our law is easily cornered and officials are open to bribe. The effect of our Leadership, Law is what the world is witnessing. The earlier the world find solutions to that, the better.
Re: Nigeria, Igbo And Anambra ----time To Call A Spade A Spade by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 10, 2019
astrodome:

I know people like you will respond this way. You are a condoner of criminality. FYI, I make genuine money. With a PhD in (Environmental) Engineering, not many Nigerians make the money that I make in America. Okay!!! But I am tired of the disgrace.

Then go and invest it in Abia state and leave anambra alone.

You should be more concerned with the Image of Abia state not what Anambra can give.

We have and have been settling our scores. I didn't remember anytime anambra has called for Abia state assistance in sorting her issues out.

Whether you make clean or dirty money is non of my business. Take your cash and lift the face of Abia but then leave anambra with their illiteracy, arrogance because it seems all Abians are literate, meek and saint...

Obi ojooo is real, I now see one in day light.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Igbo And Anambra ----time To Call A Spade A Spade by astrodome: 4:27pm On Sep 10, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Then go and invest it in Abia state and leave anambra alone.

You should be more concerned with the Image of Abia state not what Anambra can give.

We have and have been settling our scores. I didn't remember anytime anambra has called for Abia state assistance in sorting her issues out.

Whether you make clean or dirty money is non of my business. Take your cash and lift the face of Abia but then leave anambra with their illiteracy, arrogance because it seems all Abians are literate, meek and saint...

Obi ojooo is real, I now see one in day light.

I know people like you will respond this way. You are a condoner of criminality. FYI, I make genuine money. With a PhD in (Environmental) Engineering, not many Nigerians make the money that I make in America. Okay!!! But I am tired of the disgrace. Only a criminal Igbo person will turn this thread laced with the truth into sub-ethnic bashing. Abia state is decrepit; I do not need to be reminded. That is why in my post from yesterday I excluded three of its past governors from the list of those I would like to see as Nigerian presidents of Igbo extraction. I tell myself the truth. Try and do so for yourself. Chukwu gozie gi.

Yes, I have genuine investments in Abia. It is not from drug money

I am not going to fall into your silly Anambra-is-better-than-Abia crap. If you want to compare anything, compare yourself and me in real life.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria, Igbo And Anambra ----time To Call A Spade A Spade by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 10, 2019
astrodome:

I tell myself the truth. Try and do so for yourself. Chukwu gozie gi.

Take your truth to Golgotha....Is filled with obi ojoo and pain. we having been fighting external foes, internal will also be defeated...Ndi Ara.
Re: Nigeria, Igbo And Anambra ----time To Call A Spade A Spade by astrodome: 4:29pm On Sep 10, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Take your truth to Golgotha....Is filled with obi ojoo and pain. we having been fighting external foes, internal will also be defeated...Ndi Ara.

I am not going to fall into your silly Anambra-is-better-than-Abia crap. If you want to compare anything, compare yourself and me in real life.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria, Igbo And Anambra ----time To Call A Spade A Spade by Nobody: 4:31pm On Sep 10, 2019
astrodome:

Yes, I have genuine investments in Abia. It is not from drug money

Then allow anambra the home of drug Lords as you say to be. You shouldn't be losing sleep on that rather you should be more concerned on the Image of Abia.

Continue with the Abia investment and allow we drug investors to have peace. ....ndi Ara.

Anambra is now the cause of bad governance in Abia state......Aka bikwa gi na ani.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Igbo And Anambra ----time To Call A Spade A Spade by Nobody: 4:34pm On Sep 10, 2019
astrodome:

Then you should personally limit your rubbish to real you and the drug dealer in anambra by giving the name of the person if such comparison is deemed fit.

You don't stylishly deviate from what you wrote. Give the name of the drug dealer in anambra and compare with you saint from Abia state.........Ozu nwuru anwu.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Igbo And Anambra ----time To Call A Spade A Spade by astrodome: 4:35pm On Sep 10, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Then allow anambra the home of drug Lords as you say to be. You shouldn't be losing sleep on that rather you should be more concerned on the Image of Abia.

Continue with the Abia investment and allow we drug investors to have peace. ....ndi Ara.

Anambra is now the cause of bad governance in Abia state......Aka bikwa gi na ani.

I am an Igbo man and a Nigerian (until we get Biafra). My well-earned image is being dented by ciminals and you want me to allow you the criminal to rest? Who does that? Just wait for those criminals in SA to come back, we shall see who they are and where they come from in Nigeria - I can already guess. The true Nigerian professionals in SA will continue to be there. And that includes great Igbos from all 5 states, and Yorubas.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, Igbo And Anambra ----time To Call A Spade A Spade by astrodome: 4:37pm On Sep 10, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Then you should personally limit your rubbish to real you and the drug dealer in anambra by giving the name of the person if such comparison is deemed fit.

You don't stylishly deviate from what you wrote. Give the name of the drug dealer in anambra and compare with you saint from Abia state.........Ozu nwuru anwu.

Ask Abike Dabiri. She loudly proclaimed that of 23 Nigerians in Malaysian prison, 22 are from Anambra and one from Edo. It is not about Abia. It is about protecting Enugu and Ebonyi as well. It is about protecting the great good people of Anambra and Imo. Again, only a criminal (it seems you are one) will be arguing with these facts.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Igbo And Anambra ----time To Call A Spade A Spade by Nobody: 4:40pm On Sep 10, 2019
astrodome:

I am an Igbo man and a Nigerian (until we get Biafra). My well-earned image is being dented by ciminals and you want me to allow you the criminal to rest? Who does that? Just wait for those criminals in SA to come back, we shall see who they are and where they come from in Nigeria - I can already guess. The true Nigerian professionals in SA will continue to be there. And that includes great Igbos from all 5 states, and Yorubas.

You Image means nothing to us or anybody in general. Whatever you are ends in father's doorstep.

Anambra hasn't asked you or by extension to protect her image.. uchu and they haven't and will not in the nearest.

So take whatever you think and you Igbo to Abia state and let us define ours the way we always take.

Douses of obi ojoo are the reason over there stagnation breeds because morning and night, they are discussing Anambra.

Take your Igbo man to your state.... Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Igbo And Anambra ----time To Call A Spade A Spade by astrodome: 4:41pm On Sep 10, 2019
Invictus Obi -------from Ukpor Anambra State. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Igbo And Anambra ----time To Call A Spade A Spade by LLobiorah: 4:41pm On Sep 10, 2019
MelesZenawi.. Most times, you have to leave the state rancour and face the truth. Just like Ebonyi is noted as having numerous hawkers, in all the major cities in Nigeria, so is Anambra having A+ in criminality. And both of them, are a huge shame to the Igbo nation.

Pretending that all is well, isn't what's best for us. If you are truly an Anambra indigene, that knows his worth and doesn't run away from the truth, You gotta accept this fact.

P.S: I know you wouldn't accept anyway, I'm waiting for your rebuttals. grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, Igbo And Anambra ----time To Call A Spade A Spade by astrodome: 4:42pm On Sep 10, 2019
MelesZenawi:

You Image means nothing to us or anybody in general. Whatever you are ends in father's doorstep.

Anambra hasn't asked you or by extension to protect her image.. uchu and they haven't and will not in the nearest.

So take whatever you think and you Igbo to Abia state and let us define ours the way we always take.

Douses of obi ojoo are the reason over there stagnation breeds because morning and night, they are discussing Anambra.

Take your Igbo man to your state.... Nonsense.

You are a pained man. Say the truth and free yourself from pain grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria, Igbo And Anambra ----time To Call A Spade A Spade by Nobody: 4:44pm On Sep 10, 2019
astrodome:

Ask Abike Dabiri. She loudly proclaimed that of 23 Nigerians in Malaysian prison, 22 are from Anambra and one from Edo. It is not about Abia. It is about protecting Enugu and Ebonyi as well. It is about protecting the great good people of Anambra and Imo. Again, only a criminal (it seems you are one) will be arguing with these facts.

That's why lies are easily swallowed. I have come in contact with countless of people and they will say they from Anambra state, so such claim is not new to me..

So is not something to debate. You keep masturbating on Anambra while una future for Abia state has been sold, bought and resold without return

They caught 21 and so what?......You should just mind your business and whatever you think you doing

Anambra are not begging for your assistance nwoke m. Take it and help your people not long sermon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, Igbo And Anambra ----time To Call A Spade A Spade by horsepower101: 4:45pm On Sep 10, 2019
Anambra, IMO, Abia, delta, Enugu, Ebonyi and rivers are all artificial lines. This whole my artificial line is better than yours mentality has to stop. I am sure if I forcefully draw another state line within the south east, in few years time those idiots will start comparing themselves.

Igbos be wise. Stop being gullible and falling for Nigerian tricks.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria, Igbo And Anambra ----time To Call A Spade A Spade by astrodome: 4:45pm On Sep 10, 2019
LLobiorah:
MelesZenawi.. Most times, you have to leave the state rancour and face the truth. Just like Ebonyi is noted as having numerous hawkers, in all the major cities in Nigeria, so is Anambra having A+ in criminality. And both of them, are a huge shame to the Igbo nation.

Pretending that all is well, isn't what's best for us. If you are truly an Anambra indigene, that knows his worth and doesn't run away from the truth, You gotta accept this fact.

I tire oh! Even after acknowledging that Anambra is arguably the greatest Igbo State, the criminal is frothing in the mouth all over the damn place. He likes the praise, but he does not like the criticism. Yesterday he was happy with my post showing 7 of 10 Igbo who are from Anambra that will make great presidents. Today, he is angry at me for stating another obvious fact that most Igbo criminals are from Anambra.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Igbo And Anambra ----time To Call A Spade A Spade by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 10, 2019
astrodome:

You are a pained man. Say the truth and free yourself from pain grin grin grin

Pained in what maybe you new to the forum. Channel your whatever is left of your Igbo to Abia state.

Anambra is not the source of infrastructural decay there.......

When people fail, they will look for where to drop there failure.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Igbo And Anambra ----time To Call A Spade A Spade by astrodome: 4:48pm On Sep 10, 2019
horsepower101:
Anambra, IMO, Abia, delta, Enugu, Ebonyi and rivers are all artificial lines. This whole my artificial line is better than yours mentality has to stop. I am sure if I forcefully draw another state line within the south east, in few years time those idiots will start comparing themselves.

Igbos be wise. Stop being gullible and falling for Nigerian tricks.

There is no gullibility anything here. I clearly stated that every Nigerian group has contributed to denting Nigeria's image. I am an Igbo and want us to address our own contribution. However, you cannot do so successfully without identifying the root cause.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Igbo And Anambra ----time To Call A Spade A Spade by Nobody: 4:48pm On Sep 10, 2019
LLobiorah:

Mr look for your fellow fulani and discuss and not me...

If you Hawking and is your trade mark and patent, is non of my business.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Igbo And Anambra ----time To Call A Spade A Spade by astrodome: 4:49pm On Sep 10, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Pained in what maybe you new to the forum. Channel your whatever is left of your Igbo to Abia state.

Anambra is not the source of infrastructural decay there.......

When people fail, they will look for where to drop there failure.

My Mercedes Benz-is-better-than-yours is a failed defensive strategy. Try something else more positive, like addressing the crime culture in Igboland.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Igbo And Anambra ----time To Call A Spade A Spade by mrvitalis(m): 4:50pm On Sep 10, 2019
astrodome:

I know people like you will respond this way. You are a condoner of criminality. FYI, I make genuine money. With a PhD in (Environmental) Engineering, not many Nigerians make the money that I make in America. Okay!!! But I am tired of the disgrace. Only a criminal Igbo person will turn this thread laced with the truth into sub-ethnic bashing. Abia state is decrepit; I do not need to be reminded. That is why in my post from yesterday I excluded three of its past governors from the list of those I would like to see as Nigerian presidents of Igbo extraction. I tell myself the truth. Try and do so for yourself. Chukwu gozie gi.
How many igbos are abroad how many are into crime ...if u chose to dwell in the negative side like nigerian media thats u

For me anything that brings money into nigeria is good money anything that takes money out is bad money

Are nigerians into drugs more than mexico or russians ?

Are they into froud more than indians

Shay people just scammed nigeria over 9 billion dollars u wont write long story on that one

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Igbo And Anambra ----time To Call A Spade A Spade by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 10, 2019
astrodome:

I tire oh! Even after acknowledging that Anambra is arguably the greatest Igbo State, the criminal is frothing in the mouth all over the damn place. He likes the praise, but he does not like the criticism. Yesterday he was happy with my post showing 7 of 10 Igbo who are from Anambra that will make great presidents. Today, he is angry at me for stating another obvious fact that most Igbo criminals are from Anambra.

Mr go and fix your state, if you have reasonable cash to do so and not trolling anambra state.

Maybe you prefer everybody to be in same gutters with you...

Don't be silly is allowed ,only if you do...

Swerve.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Igbo And Anambra ----time To Call A Spade A Spade by astrodome: 4:52pm On Sep 10, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Now, I see why you do not like Umahi in my post from yesterday---- you are an ANAMBRA SUPREMACIST. Shame on your little self.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Igbo And Anambra ----time To Call A Spade A Spade by LLobiorah: 4:52pm On Sep 10, 2019
astrodome:

My brother, that's the attitude of a typical average Anambra man, despite the academic prowess he might possess, but you see that innate boasting and over bloated ego.. I really doubt, education can change that.

And is so bad for them, that even when a common truth is staring them on the face, they would rather stick to the saturation of 'get money quick syndrome', either by crook or hook, than listening to brotherly advice. So I'm not really surprised he's by any means defending, or trying to absolve his state from this facts, by pushing another narrative of what's not important about the thread.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Igbo And Anambra ----time To Call A Spade A Spade by horsepower101: 4:52pm On Sep 10, 2019
astrodome:

There is no gullibility anything here. I clearly stated that every Nigerian group has contributed to denting Nigeria's image. I am an Igbo and want us to address our own contribution. However, you cannot do so successfully without identifying the root cause.

Ogun state has the highest record of skull mining activities in the south west but you will never see Yoruba person open a thread to throw Ogun state under the bus for ridicule. We have to stop this self-righteous mentality.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, Igbo And Anambra ----time To Call A Spade A Spade by Nobody: 4:54pm On Sep 10, 2019
astrodome:

My Mercedes Benz-is-better-than-yours is a failed defensive strategy. Try something else more positive, like addressing the crime culture in Igboland.

More dilapidated Benz...

When you come, go and drive the Benz in Abia state and Aba...

Evil hearts pervading the space to vent their frustration at any slightest opportunity.

Take that to your failed village.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Igbo And Anambra ----time To Call A Spade A Spade by LLobiorah: 4:54pm On Sep 10, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Mr look for your fellow fulani and discuss and not me...

If you Hawking and is your trade mark and patent, is non of my business.

Hehehe!
Is no one's trademark, and even if some people have chosen it as one, these people wouldn't wanna continue to be lowlifes. However, I believe insane human beings like you, don't mind continuing in the ugly narrative known for your state. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Igbo And Anambra ----time To Call A Spade A Spade by astrodome: 4:55pm On Sep 10, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Mr go and fix your state, if you have reasonable cash to do so and not trolling anambra state.

Maybe you prefer everybody to be in same gutters with you...

Don't be silly is allowed ,only if you do...

Swerve.

You are an illiterate. In real life you will be calling me Sir, Sir, all over the place. From your argument it is obvious you are a half-baked trader in Onitsha market. The real Anambra people that I am friends with agree with me that Anambra is both very great and very bad (in this case, in crime). They read this post and approved it before I posted it here.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Igbo And Anambra ----time To Call A Spade A Spade by LLobiorah: 4:55pm On Sep 10, 2019
horsepower101:

Ogun state has the highest record of skull mining activities in the south west but you will never see Yoruba person open a thread to throw Ogun state under the bus for ridicule. We have to stop this self-righteous mentality.

Eh!
You are right bro. I concur.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Anambra@30: Anambra To Unveil Man Of The Year Soon / FEC Approves N124bn For Reconstruction Of Enugu-Port Harcourt Road, Four Others / NUT Protests In Oyo Against Privatization Of Schools – Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.