Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,829 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates - Politics (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates (94052 Views)

Why Service Chiefs Were At Buhari’s 2019 Next Level Campaign Launch – Presidency / 'I Will Not Fund Buhari's 2019 Campaign' - Fashola / PoliticsNGR Poll: 70% Vote Against President Buhari's 2019 Re-election Bid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by fergie001: 2:56pm On Sep 11, 2019
Jchi9876:
Garba e done do oooooo I beg
Shey you dey beg am abi?

Abeg this kind matter I go go sleep,no appeal abeg...I don tire!
Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by Jchi9876: 2:56pm On Sep 11, 2019
I come to the conclusion that the issues 1 and 2 raised by petitioner are ruled against them

Next is issue 3

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by agabusta: 2:57pm On Sep 11, 2019
CaptainMeks:
BREAKING NEWS!

Atiku heads to Appeal Court. Next round of sucking money from him begins.

Details Shortly....

The present court is the Appeal court. He would have to go to the supreme court.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by alaboski(m): 2:57pm On Sep 11, 2019
Jchi9876:
I come to the conclusion that the issues 1 and 2 raised by petitioner are ruled against them

Next is issue 3
English please
Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by HimName: 2:57pm On Sep 11, 2019
Whether it is Muhammadu Buhari with the 'U' or Mohammed Buhari with the 'O'... Na sha the same person get d name.

The issue is hearby resolved against them (the petitioner)

IPOB Atiku's slav3 right now

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by fergie001: 2:59pm On Sep 11, 2019
Buhari is not only qualified but eminently qualified to contest the presidential election, says Tribunal.

Buhari would have been qualified by mere showing that he had primary school education. The tribunal says the courses attended by Buhari are higher than secondary school education. Exhibits 21 and 24 tendered by the petitioners showed that Buhari had WASC.

The petitioners have failed to discharge the burden of proof of the allegation of non-qualification or submission of false information which is fundamental in the aid of the 2nd respondent’s qualification, the tribunal declares.

Tribunal notes that Buhari’s witnesses confirmed that Buhari had secondary school education.

“In effect, the 2nd defendant went through secondary education and then proceeded to military school. The military school is higher than secondary education,” says the tribunal.

Tribunal says it is established that a candidate is not required under the Electoral Act to attach his certificate to his Form CF001 before a candidate is adjudged to have the requisite qualification to contest the election.

Citing a previous Supreme Court judgment, the tribunal says, “Submission of educational certificate is not a requirement for qualification to contest election for governor under section 177 Constitution.”

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by Iamgrey5(m): 2:59pm On Sep 11, 2019
Update

Any Election declared by the Returning officers is correct and valid.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by otokx(m): 2:59pm On Sep 11, 2019
CaptainMeks:

Its a Gbas Gbos season and Garba is panel beating the PDP legal team and witnesses without mercy

It is called home advantage in football.
Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by fergie001: 3:01pm On Sep 11, 2019
otokx:

It is called home advantage in football.
Everything na home for buhari nah.... grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by ejimatic: 3:04pm On Sep 11, 2019
CGMedia:
Lawyers have started arriving the Court of Appeal in Abuja, venue of the Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal, as the tribunal set to deliver judgment today, Igbere TV reports.

Our correspondent at the venue observed that several journalists and supporters of both parties involved (APC and PDP), have equally gathered at the door of the court hall, waiting for staff to open it.

There is heavy security presence (comprising of army, police, NSCDC) at the court premises, even as security operatives are taking their time to screen people seeking access to the court.

The tribunal is expected to resume at 9am as they decide the fate of PDP and its candidate Atiku Abubakar and President Muhammadu Buhari of the APC over the February 23 presidential election.

Igbere TV recalls that INEC had declared Buhari and the APC as winner of the election, having polled a total of 15,191,847 votes to defeat his closest rival, Atiku, who it said polled a total of 11,262,978 votes.

The five-man panel of justices of the Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal, is headed by Justice Mohammed Garba, as Chairman.

http://igberetvnews.com/977003/presidential-tribunal-lawyers-arrive-set-to-deliver-judgement/

. Why are Women. not used by APC and PDP as their lead counsels?
Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by Iamgrey5(m): 3:04pm On Sep 11, 2019
Update

It is not enough for the petition to only tender documents but call witnesses to prove beyond reasonable doubt.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by fergie001: 3:07pm On Sep 11, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Update

It is not enough for the petition to only tender documents but call witnesses to prove beyond reasonable doubt.
And one shouldn't substitute for the other.

These witnesses should also be eyewitnesses.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by senatordave1(m): 3:07pm On Sep 11, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Update

I hammered on this
Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by senatordave1(m): 3:08pm On Sep 11, 2019
fergie001:

And one shouldn't substitute for the other.

These witnesses should also be eyewitnesses.
Is that not what i have been saying? You must call from polling units especially polling unit agents and voters.voters are the most important
Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by fergie001: 3:10pm On Sep 11, 2019
Fashola laughing....

Ngige was asking him the nonsense Justice Garba was saying because he has been there for hours and can't understand.....

Fashola laughs and tells him this is not a cadaver-room grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by State001: 3:11pm On Sep 11, 2019
The Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal (PEPT) sitting in Abuja, on Wednesday, dismissed an application of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, challenging the academic qualifications of President Muhammadu Buhari, Igbere TV reports.

Igbere TV recalls that Buhari who, according to INEC, defeated Atiku in the February 23 election, is being dragged before the tribunal where it is being alleged that the president was not academically qualified to vie for the office.

Delivering judgement, the presiding judge, Justice Mohammed Garba, said the evidence of the opposition candidate and his party presented before the tribunal shows that Buhari is eminently qualified to seek election into the office of the President, Federal Republic of Nigeria.

More details later…
Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by docadams: 3:12pm On Sep 11, 2019
Jchi9876:
Abba Kyari has shown to be a credible witness

The issue of spelling of Mohammed or Muhammed
Is hereby struck out

Garba used the issue of Dr Levy or Livi to buttress his point

This judge na baba

I shouted Boomerang on hearing this pronouncement

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by CaptainMeks: 3:13pm On Sep 11, 2019
INEC SERVER RESULT PETITION ABOUT TO BE RUBBISHED AND THROWN OUT AS WELL
Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by fergie001: 3:13pm On Sep 11, 2019
'BUHARI'S CV IMPRESSIVE'
Mohammed Garba, the lead judge, said: “The CV contains impressive credentials that enables the second respondent (Buhari) to contest for the presidential election."

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by positivelord: 3:16pm On Sep 11, 2019
fergie001:

'BUHARI'S CV IMPRESSIVE'
Mohammed Garba, the lead judge, said: “The CV contains impressive credentials that enables the second respondent (Buhari) to contest for the presidential election."

You can imagine what a presiding judge is saying...
Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by fergie001: 3:16pm On Sep 11, 2019
Server flung out....

4 Likes

Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by fergie001: 3:17pm On Sep 11, 2019
positivelord:

My bro leave me oooo....I no fit shout

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by Iamgrey5(m): 3:17pm On Sep 11, 2019
Update

Coalition for National elections was manual based on evidence

There's no provision for E coalition of results in the Constitution or Inec guidelines.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by pikaelite(m): 3:18pm On Sep 11, 2019
fergie001:

'BUHARI'S CV IMPRESSIVE'
Then I think they shud ask buhari what his motion was when he submitted a fake WAEC result
Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by CaptainMeks: 3:18pm On Sep 11, 2019
positivelord:

The presiding Judge was very right. Buharis CV is very impressive. Our constitution said the president should have AT LEAST a school cert. However buhari surpassed even that with an impressive CV which showed his educational background. Plus he also still had a secondary school education.

I believe you know what AT LEAST means

4 Likes

Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by anexxus(m): 3:19pm On Sep 11, 2019
The court just said that the reliance on server is misplaced. So the Petition is doomed to fail

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by Tospringe: 3:20pm On Sep 11, 2019
2.53 pm: Justice Mohammed Garba of the presidential tribunal says, “The onus rests squarely on the petitioners to prove their assertion that the 2nd respondent does not possess the educational qualification to contest the election or that he submitted false information which is fundamental in nature to aid his qualification. This I have mentioned that the petitioners failed to prove. The petitioners cannot, therefore, rely on any failure in the case.”

2.58 pm: Justice Garba says, “I have no doubt in my mind that the petitioners have failed to prove that the second respondent does not possess the qualification to contest the election into the office of the President as stipulated in section 131, 137, 138 of the Constitution. I am also of the firm view that the petitioners have failed to prove that the second respondent submitted false information which is fundamental in nature to aid his qualification to contest the election into the Office of the President as prescribed in section 35(1) of the Evidence Act, 2011.”

“I come to the conclusion and I resolve issues 1 and 2 against the petitioners,” he states.

3.00 pm: The tribunal considers Issue 3, which is whether or not Buhari was elected by a majority of lawful votes cast on February 23, 2019 election.

Source: https://punchng.com/live-updates-buhari-vs-atiku-tribunal-ruling-on-2019-election/

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by fergie001: 3:20pm On Sep 11, 2019
There is no provision by law electronically or any other means except by manual.

At every stage of our national elections, there is nothing constitutionally or either by PW8 or by SCR......It must be manually collated at every stage of our national elections.

SERVER THROWN OUT

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by CaptainMeks: 3:20pm On Sep 11, 2019
ELECTRONIC TRANSMISSION TO INEC SERVER AS PETITIONED BY PDP HAS BEEN RUBBISHED AND THROWN OUT

EVIDENCE BY OSITA CHIDOKA SUPPORTED INECS POSITION THAT THE RESULTS WERE NOT TRANSMITTED ELECTRONICALLY. PDPs WITNESSES KILLING THEM BACK TO BACK

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by Kyase(m): 3:20pm On Sep 11, 2019
fergie001:

I did......nigga...she is sharp and the camera stayed long with her...
hahaha I know her ooo
Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by fergie001: 3:22pm On Sep 11, 2019
Kyase:

hahaha I know her ooo
How far nah,make we rub minds?
Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by Kyase(m): 3:25pm On Sep 11, 2019
fergie001:

How far nah,make we rub minds?
na your pocket ooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (30) (Reply)

Traditional Marriage Of Peter Obi's Daughter, Gabriella Nwamaka Frances Obi / Photos From Nnamdi Kanu's Parents Burial In Umuahia / Altine Daniel, The Policewoman That Shot Sowore (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.