Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,500 members, 7,954,918 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:30 PM

Life in Beijing As an International Student. - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Life in Beijing As an International Student. (82162 Views)

Cost Of Living In Australia: 5 Things You Must Know As An International Student / China Completes It's £9 Billion Mega Airport In Beijing After 4 Years (Photos) / Beijing Daxing International Airport: Making Of World Largest, Biggest Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by odimbannamdi(m): 4:57pm On Dec 12, 2019
Interesting
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by odimbannamdi(m): 5:44pm On Dec 12, 2019
FA13:
Hello, I am creating this thread as a source of enlightenment for as many as have plans to come to Beijing.

Having gained a lot from travel page, I wish to document my experience and findings here. Hopefully it will help others too to achieve their dreams. To these people, I pray the desire of their hearts be fulfilled speedily and to 'freelancers', happy following.

Hello Bro,

Again, i want to thank you for the selfless acts you have been doing as regards this CGC scheme. I recently stumbled on your compilation and it has been revealing for me.

I graduated with a B.Sc in Microbiology in 2012, and i have since been working in the field of Supply Chain Management with quality experience and professional achievements and certifications to my credit. I have decided to further my education, but not in the field of Microbiology anymore as my academic knowledge in that field has now become rusty, plus a career in Supply Chain Analytics now appeals to me.

I was able to get 2 admissions to study B.Sc Business and IT-related courses in Germany, tuition-free, but i have been unable to go on with the process as the German consulate has not been forthcoming with visa interview appointment dates. It seems they are no longer interested in having Nigerians come into Germany to study. I really cant say though.

Now, i have decided to face the CGC venture squarely and i am ready to make the necessary sacrifices and hardwork. Thank God i still have ample time to understand the entire process and put my application together.

Is it possible to get a scholarship (full or partial) in a Business-related Masters programme, even though i have a background in Microbiology, but extensive experience? I know exactly what i want now and i can effortless write an SOP indicating my aspirations and defending them to any professor.

Secondly, If the above is not possible and there is insistence on me applying for a consecutive Masters programme, what chances do i have considering i have not been practicing my profession and my CGPA is not exactly stellar (i made a 3.31), even though i manage to turn in a solid SOP?

Thirdly, as a last resort, what are the chances of me getting a scholarship (full or partial) for a B.Sc in either Business or IT-related programmes? I am 27 already. Will my age pose a challenge?

Finally, can you suggest ways we can get access to the email addresses of professors to message them about being under their supervision for this scheme?

I look forward to your usual seasoned and throughtful answer.

Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by FA13(m): 1:02am On Dec 13, 2019
odimbannamdi:

Hello Bro,

Again, i want to thank you for the selfless acts you have been doing as regards this CGC scheme. I recently stumbled on your compilation and it has been revealing for me.

I graduated with a B.Sc in Microbiology in 2012, and i have since been working in the field of Supply Chain Management with quality experience and professional achievements and certifications to my credit. I have decided to further my education, but not in the field of Microbiology anymore as my academic knowledge in that field has now become rusty, plus a career in Supply Chain Analytics now appeals to me.

I was able to get 2 admissions to study B.Sc Business and IT-related courses in Germany, tuition-free, but i have been unable to go on with the process as the German consulate has not been forthcoming with visa interview appointment dates. It seems they are no longer interested in having Nigerians come into Germany to study. I really cant say though.

Now, i have decided to face the CGC venture squarely and i am ready to make the necessary sacrifices and hardwork. Thank God i still have ample time to understand the entire process and put my application together.

Is it possible to get a scholarship (full or partial) in a Business-related Masters programme, even though i have a background in Microbiology, but extensive experience? I know exactly what i want now and i can effortless write an SOP indicating my aspirations and defending them to any professor.

Secondly, If the above is not possible and there is insistence on me applying for a consecutive Masters programme, what chances do i have considering i have not been practicing my profession and my CGPA is not exactly stellar (i made a 3.31), even though i manage to turn in a solid SOP?

Thirdly, as a last resort, what are the chances of me getting a scholarship (full or partial) for a B.Sc in either Business or IT-related programmes? I am 27 already. Will my age pose a challenge?

Finally, can you suggest ways we can get access to the email addresses of professors to message them about being under their supervision for this scheme?

I look forward to your usual seasoned and throughtful answer.

Thanks bro

Hello,

I will suggest the Masters approach as against the Bachelors.

However if you write your SOP and contact Prof in business related field and they accept you no problem.

Also with your CGPA, it is not impossible to get the scholarship.

Just try and get an acceptance letter from a Prof first either in your field or business field. The acceptance may be oral or written.
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by odimbannamdi(m): 7:00pm On Dec 13, 2019
FA13:

Hello,

However if you write your SOP and contact Prof in business related field and they accept you no problem.

Just try and get an acceptance letter from a Prof first either in your field or business field. The acceptance may be oral or written.

I appreciate your precise response.

Thanks bro
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by odimbannamdi(m): 8:36pm On Dec 17, 2019
FA13:

Hello,

Hello bro,

I have begun my search for courses and schools for the CSC and my focus is on Logistics-related Masters or MBA.

I have narrowed my search to the options in the attached pictures.

What do you think about the choice of courses and schools?
Are they Continuing Education, such that even though my B.Sc degree is unrelated, my experience can cut it for me?
What are my chances of getting admission, especially since i am Nigerian?
How about scholarship? Any chances for partial or even full scholarship?
I can self-fund, any hope of getting jw202 after getting admission?

I covet your experienced answers, bro.

Thanks

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by uchman(m): 11:43pm On Dec 17, 2019
odimbannamdi:

Hello bro,

I have begun my search for courses and schools for the CSC and my focus is on Logistics-related Masters or MBA.

Are they Continuing Education, such that even though my B.Sc degree is unrelated, my experience can cut it for me?

Thanks

What app is that, you are using?
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by odimbannamdi(m): 2:09pm On Dec 18, 2019
uchman:

What app is that, you are using?

CampusChina
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Cvesta(m): 10:28pm On Dec 22, 2019
odimbannamdi:

CampusChina
Where did you download this?
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Yungbitz(m): 3:46am On Dec 23, 2019
FA13:

Can a student copy of a Transcript be accepted both for the sake of getting a supervisor and applying for scholarships /admission?
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by sambroose(m): 3:33pm On Dec 23, 2019
This china sef, my only major concern na weytin person go dey do, make small small money for dey enter person hand for der

1 Like

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Hotspotbro(m): 12:38pm On Dec 30, 2019
Do they have Fine girls

1 Like

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Nobody: 8:15am On Jan 05, 2020
FA13:
To start with, I got in through chinese government scholarship by the Chinese Scholarship Council (CSC).

I will highlight the process in the following posts.

Hello,

I saw your thread and will want to know if it is a must that recommendation letters come from professors or associate professors? What if one's recommenders aren't (associate) professors? Can they suffice?

Thanks.
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by FA13(m): 11:11am On Jan 06, 2020
NaotoKan:

Hello,

I saw your thread and will want to know if it is a must that recommendation letters come from professors or associate professors? What if one's recommenders aren't (associate) professors? Can they suffice?

Thanks.
I think some schools accept them.
But my school stated they wanted associate or higher.

But you know, the way they name professor here and most countries is different from Nigeria.
A newly employed PhD holder into full time faculty position in US for example is an Assistant Professor.

So may be any Doctor can be used.
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Anontymous(m): 2:53pm On Jan 06, 2020
FA13 please can you check your mail sir

1 Like

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jan 06, 2020
FA13:

But you know, the way they name professor here and most countries is different from Nigeria.
A newly employed PhD holder into full time faculty position in US for example is an Assistant Professor.

Thank you for your reply.
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by essy4060: 8:34am On Jan 08, 2020
I intend applying to MOFCOM, please how do i apply..Someone should help me with the procedure.
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by VicThory(m): 9:15am On Jan 08, 2020
Hey there FA13. First thanks for the information. Secondly, i am an O level student and want to know if i can apply for scholarship to any good school there and if i can use NECO result as my o level.

Thanks in advance as i look forward gearing from you.
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by FA13(m): 8:41am On Jan 10, 2020
VicThory:
Hey there FA13. First thanks for the information. Secondly, i am an O level student and want to know if i can apply for scholarship to any good school there and if i can use NECO result as my o level.

Thanks in advance as i look forward gearing from you.

You can.

NECO is good.
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by FA13(m): 8:46am On Jan 10, 2020
odimbannamdi:

Hello bro,

Thanks

Hello, Sorry for just responding. I was busy with exams.

Chance of getting JW202 is very good once you can prove that you have the fund.

Also MBA especially does not depend on your bachelors major mostly, so you are good to go.

You can PM me if you need any more info.
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by FA13(m): 8:48am On Jan 10, 2020
Yungbitz:

Can a student copy of a Transcript be accepted both for the sake of getting a supervisor and applying for scholarships /admission?
For supervisor yes.
For applying for scholarship, if you can notarise it, I think it can work.
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Yungbitz(m): 8:55am On Jan 10, 2020
FA13:

For supervisor yes.
For applying for scholarship, if you can notarise it, I think it can work.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by FA13(m): 9:25am On Jan 10, 2020
Happy new year to every one . wink wink. Long time no see abi! Naa exam and presentation kept me off.
How have you been doing? For me it has been all good.

God will help all of us to achieve our aspiration this year. Double the hustle though! I hope applications are being submitted.

For those that contacted me to help them, I think I used high price to scare some aware. It was somehow deliberate too so as to keep the number low.
So if you still need help, let us see what we can do. Help does not end with someone (I think the translation is right, if you know, you know).

And I help order and buy things from here, watches, some small electronics, phones( not so cheap though but confirm quality). So if you need anything, you can DM. I dont want to post picture of what I have helped ordered before as I think is against the rule. But those on my whatsapp status can see some.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by FA13(m): 9:39am On Jan 10, 2020
The weather has been good. Winter is here but not extreme in Beijing here.
Some snow here and there. Nothing that pass manage. grin.

Attached is someone doing Oshodi style in the heart of Beijing. This is on top of a bridge close to the Nigerian Embassy at Chaoyang district if i get the name right.

1 Like

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by VicThory(m): 12:15pm On Jan 10, 2020
FA13:

Yes very well. What level of education and course of study?

Please how? Can you explain. I have searched and i didn't see any.
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by FA13(m): 1:35pm On Jan 10, 2020
VicThory:

Please how? Can you explain. I have searched and i didn't see any.

Did you read the thread at all?
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by VicThory(m): 1:43pm On Jan 10, 2020
FA13:

Did you read the thread at all?

Well, i read little and skip most part. I would go through it thanks. But the Toefl, is it really compulsory and how can i process my recommendation letter?

Thanks and don't be annoyed. I am still a novice at all these.
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 10, 2020
FA13:

One more question, looking at the screenshot, how did you scale through the medical certification result? Did you undergo yours at a Chinese approved medical facility or where (public or private hospital)?

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by FA13(m): 1:45am On Jan 11, 2020
NaotoKan:

One more question, looking at the screenshot, how did you scale through the medical certification result? Did you undergo yours at a Chinese approved medical facility or where (public or private hospital)?

I did. Any government hospital is ok. No private.
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jan 14, 2020
FA13:

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by kennyblack94: 10:24am On Jan 20, 2020
FA13:
Happy new year to every one . wink wink. Long time no see abi! Naa exam and presentation kept me off.
How have you been doing? For me it has been all good.

God will help all of us to achieve our aspiration this year. Double the hustle though! I hope applications are being submitted.

For those that contacted me to help them, I think I used high price to scare some aware. It was somehow deliberate too so as to keep the number low.
So if you still need help, let us see what we can do. Help does not end with someone (I think the translation is right, if you know, you know).

And I help order and buy things from here, watches, some small electronics, phones( not so cheap though but confirm quality). So if you need anything, you can DM. I dont want to post picture of what I have helped ordered before as I think is against the rule. But those on my whatsapp status can see some.

Thanks.

Hello bro.. please can you help me with your statement of purpose to serve as a guide for me.. thanks drblackjunior94@gmail.com
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by VicThory(m): 1:43pm On Jan 29, 2020
FA13:

Hey bro, hope you're safe wherever you are. And that virus whatever is disturbing where you're studying.

1 Like

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Miraj22(f): 1:29pm On Feb 12, 2020
FA13:
The weather has been good. Winter is here but not extreme in Beijing here.
Some snow here and there. Nothing that pass manage. grin.

Attached is someone doing Oshodi style in the heart of Beijing. This is on top of a bridge close to the Nigerian Embassy at Chaoyang district if i get the name right.
Hope you're good over there

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State / Danfo Driver Who Took One-Way Fled & Abandoned His Bus When He Sighted Sanwo-Olu / How Much Does It Cost To Travel By Road From Lagos To Ghana?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.