Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,878 members, 7,821,052 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ (14681 Views)

My Own Way VS Nigeria Way On Marriage / I Lost My Junior Brother Yesterday, Please Console Me In Your Own Way / I Lost My Junior Brother Yesterday, Please Console Me In Your Own Way (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by Magnoliaa(f): 7:04am On Sep 17, 2019
baby124:
Indeed!!! The ones that like sex too will be shouting MGTOW, until they see a girl twerking and they GTOW! Mtschew! Keep deceiving yourselves with other deceptive entities in your group who cannot go one week without sex. They chop, clean mouth and then come and shout your national anthem! We know una grin. It’s your type that will be crying to just put the tip cheesy wink

You know, I think gay men are the TRUE mgtow. They have absolutely zero thing to do with women (except being friends and colleagues with them).

2 Likes

Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by missjo(f): 7:05am On Sep 17, 2019
gram:
If you don’t live in the west and don’t have a full understanding of the family court system, you will never understand why MGTOW. It is a natural response to the changing society and it just a concept at its very depth. Call it what you want. Now, the whole idea of a group of people claiming ownership to this concept is what I don’t want to participate in, neither do I subscribe to the shaming of women.
This

Phuckin labels
Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by missjo(f): 7:08am On Sep 17, 2019
Magnoliaa:

You know, I think gay men are the TRUE mgtow. They have absolutely zero thing to do with women (except being friends and colleagues with them).
Would you also think lesbians are the true feminists?cheesy
Guess not.
Same coin,two sides. With extremists and hardliners on both ends

3 Likes

Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by pocohantas(f): 7:17am On Sep 17, 2019
MGTOW is very different from feminism.
Feminism is equality for sexes.

Men going their way is men trying to do away with any sort of attachment with women.

Feminism didn't ask women to do away with men, except if we are talking misandry.

That said, Nigeria men will never go their own way in full force. It will be easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, than for that to happen. I am yet to see anything that would propel that, they are heavily advantaged in unions that involves both gender.

Just like they said they will replace women with sex-dolls and years later, we are still here. Naso this one go take pass. Give it 2yrs...

4 Likes

Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by missjo(f): 7:23am On Sep 17, 2019
pocohantas:
MGTOW is very different from feminism.

Feminism is equality for sexes.

Men going their way is men trying to do away with any sort of attachment with women.

Feminism didn't ask women to do away with men, except if we are referring to misandry.

That said, Nigeria men will never go their own way in full force. It will be easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, than for that to happen.
I take it this is partly directed at me.
You are right,feminism in its original sense does not want to do away with men. Are you saying there are no feminist ideologies today that believe men are to be done away with?

4 Likes

Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by pocohantas(f): 7:23am On Sep 17, 2019
missjo:

I take it this is partly directed at me.
You are right,feminism in its original sense does not want to do away with men. Are you saying there are no feminist ideologies today that believe men are to be done away with?

It wasn't directed at you. Thanks

1 Like

Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by Magnoliaa(f): 7:24am On Sep 17, 2019
Smile4mee01:
I have been flowing the MGTOW people for sometime now. Even though I dont agree to all of what they preach, I can relate especially if you are a man in the West.

All the laws are skewed to favor women with the men having little or no rights. It's time put themselves first, sign pre nups, if you must marry.

I dont see why I should risk my financial future because I am married to woman.

The society will suffer.... I see this trend growing...many teen boys are waking up to the fact that a woman can ruin you, so why risk it. The part I admire most is the part that emphasizes the need for men to better themselves , improve and encourage themselves. And be examples to thier sons....

A few corporations in the USA have an unwritten law to employ less females.... because of the metoo# movement. Yet they will ask for equal pay despite not deserving of it.

Well, they should get to it. It's long overdue, they should sit up and start acting decent.

Your last statement, how do they not deserve it? Because they are less qualified or aren't working as much as men do?

@missjo hello - who is a lesbian, who is a feminist?

Does feminism advocate for women going their own way and absolute forsaking of the male gender?
Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by missjo(f): 7:29am On Sep 17, 2019
pocohantas:
Just like they said they will replace women with sex-dolls and years later, we are still here. Naso this one go take pass. Give it 2yrs...

The origin of sex dolls have no connection with mgtow or men not needing women. I think it has a Japanese origin way back in history,there was a need for it culturally. Can't recall exactly,will have to go check up on that later

2 Likes

Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by missjo(f): 7:30am On Sep 17, 2019
pocohantas:

It wasn't directed at you. Thanks
Ok,just a question.
Are there no feminist ideologies today with the belief that men should be done away with?

1 Like

Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by Nobody: 7:32am On Sep 17, 2019
gram:
If you don’t live in the west and don’t have a full understanding of the family court system, you will never understand why MGTOW. It is a natural response to the changing society and it just a concept at its very depth. Call it what you want.

this is what i always reference for the silly foolish boys shouting red pill and mgtow

this is nigeria

a woman has issues with her husband, the husbands family can just seize the kid and everyone will look the other way.
women who are separated and with the kids and taking care of them fully with no support from the husband
you can do all the deadbeat dad you want, nothing will happen

these same kids are the ones who call women evening newspaper or fairly used product and other names.
only 18 rape convictions in this countries history
this is a heavily patriarchal society, and it is only in states like Lagos where the government tries to be progressive

so when you see all the kids 'subscribing' to this movement, they are as stupid as people bringing in ferraris to drive on lagos roads.
jumping on a system or philosophy without any logical thinking as to how it applies in this society
Nigerian men are not in danger of anything. they literally have it all.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by pocohantas(f): 7:32am On Sep 17, 2019
This was a thread in 2018,

https://www.nairaland.com/4295146/which-gender-worst-affected-widespread#64277885

When Nigerian men wanted to jump on the sex doll saga, maliciously. Same way they are jumping on this one too...

I made a post that everyone will be alright. From that Jan,2018 till now- mugu has been falling.

Feminism in its true form, is even more sustainable than MGOW or whatever.

Which part of sexual or marital relationship is skewed to heavily disadvantage the Nigerian man? He keeps the house and pays 5k child support. Is that why he is GHW?

Jokers grin grin

Abeg, make I go hustle small.

6 Likes

Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by missjo(f): 7:35am On Sep 17, 2019
Magnoliaa:

Well, they should get to it. It's long overdue, they should sit up and start acting decent.

Your last statement, how do they not deserve it? Because they are less qualified or aren't working as much as men do?

@missjo hello - who is a lesbian, who is a feminist?

Does feminism advocate for women going their own way and absolute forsaking of the male gender?
No it does not but are there feminists who believe men should be done away with?

Let us not do this,i don't want to do this. Just understand that extremists and hardliners exist among movements.
From what i see in the starting post,there are levels to this mgtow. Not everyone is going to go up the levels same way not every feminist believes men are not needed for sex or procreation anymore.

2 Likes

Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by cooooooks(m): 7:37am On Sep 17, 2019
I think that ubunja character will lead some men down dark paths. I've seen a few posts of ubunja followers being unnecessarily rude.

I just hope they don't throw away true love to make some vague, inane point.

Fountainofyouth:

Haaaaaaaaa Oga you're wrong, we have some in Nigeria, infact here on NL, he has declared himself a monk, what remains for him is to quit his job or school and seclude himself in one of the northern deserts to be in the highest hierarchy of MGTOW, his name is Martinez39, their boss of all bosses here is ubunja, they are his followers but the ubunja still wants to be chooking his diick into pussiès till thy Kingdom come, lmao cheesy

3 Likes

Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by pocohantas(f): 7:37am On Sep 17, 2019
missjo:

The origin of sex dolls have no connection with mgtow or men not needing women. I think it has a Japanese origin way back in history,there was a need for it culturally. Can't recall exactly,will have to go check up on that later

Nnem, my post didn't suggest MGTOW was the origin of sex dolls. Some men said it will help them do away with women, Nigerian women. Which I believe is part of the MGTOW plan.

Of course there are versions of feminism that are toxic, but it never started out to be so. Same can't be said for MGTOW, leaves me wondering what the different waves or misconstrued version of it would be like.

But then, this is Nigeria. A heavily patriachal society. Anyone that claims the Nigerian man is at a disadvantage in a marriage is a highly deluded being.

7 Likes

Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by missjo(f): 7:38am On Sep 17, 2019
ornicus:

this is what i always reference for the silly foolish boys shouting red pill and mgtow

this is nigeria

a woman has issues with her husband, the husbands family can just seize the kid and everyone will look the other way.
women who are separated and with the kids and taking care of them fully with no support from the husband
you can do all the deadbeat dad you want, nothing will happen

these same kids are the ones who call women evening newspaper or fairly used product and other names.
only 18 rape convictions in this countries history
this is a heavily patriarchal society, and it is only in states like Lagos where the government tries to be progressive

so when you see all the kids 'subscribing' to this movement, they are as stupid as people bringing in ferraris to drive on lagos roads.
jumping on a system or philosophy without any logical thinking as to how it applies in this society
Nigerian men are not in danger of anything. they literally have it all.
Good one.

Do you think gender inequality in Africa is a social issue or a cultural issue?
Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by cooooooks(m): 7:39am On Sep 17, 2019
Thank you and I'm happy to help.
smiley

And yeah, baby124 clearly overpowered me with her energy. grin

Breaststroke:

Nah baby124, cooooooks didn't strike me as MGTOW or as being in support of it, from his first comment to the last one.

I got the impression he was genuinely explaining the origin/history of MGTOW and I appreciate the background info he provided, because up until now I've never heard of this movement, so yeah the education is appreciated.

He is right about you having energy sha grin. The energy to debate the topic/issue, you kept me entertained while also wearing out your opposing debaters who have resorted to throwing shades.
Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by missjo(f): 7:39am On Sep 17, 2019
pocohantas:

Nnem, my post didn't suggest MGOW was the origin of sex dolls. Some men said it will help them do away with women, Nigerian women. Which I believe is part of the MGOW plan.

Of course their are versions of feminism that is toxic. But at least, it never started out to be so. Same can't be said for MGOW, leaves me wondering what the different waves or miscinstrued version of it would be like.

But then, this is Nigeria. A heavily patriachal society. Anyone that claims the Nigerian man is at a disadvantage in a marriage is a highly deluded being.
Yup cool
Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by Magnoliaa(f): 7:40am On Sep 17, 2019
CHoccolaTE:
What I have realised from talking with mgtow and redpill losers is that they are just angry about not being able to get the kind of woman they desire so they childishly resort to insulting all women on earth and swearing to avoid all of us as if we all ganged up to cause their frustration.

Men are free to go their own fvcking way, they should go, get the fvck out, get lost! Leave women alone ooo, men, please leave them. Maybe then all these violent crimes perpetrated against women will drastically reduce, no rapes, no serial killing like the ones in port Harcourt, no domestic assaults or armed robberies from their criminal minded asses.

I strongly believe women will be far happier without marriage, if they stuck with their families and raised kids with her own family instead of the traditional system of women abandoning her father's name and adopting the name of some loser that will most likely maltreat her and cheat on her without remorse at least her blood family will show her more love and care then the family of strangers she was forced to join and adopt the name of because she married some guy.

And the nerve of those deluded mgtow fools to claim men don't gain anything from marriage.
The fvcking nerve.

You he goats are the ones who own children from marital unions, they bear your names, not wives names, after a poor woman goes through the pain and misery of pregnancy and childbirth and raising the kids the man gets to claim them as belonging to his family and having his place as state of origin.
You he goats are the ones cheating on your wives with impunity and getting away with it because African society overlooks your bullshit, infecting wives with all manner of stds and still expecting respect and submission from her.
Where in Nigeria do women just relax and let men provide everything without working and supporting him? Where? Which part?

Stupid lonely socially inept whiners. You go on the Internet where you spend your entire lives and read about the travails of men in western countries where their laws and ways of life differ greatly from what obtains in Africa but you stupidly decide to adopt their movement in Nigeria because you all are fools that cannot think for yourselves.

Please get lost and go your own way as quickly as possible. Idiots
Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by pocohantas(f): 7:42am On Sep 17, 2019
CHoccolaTE:
What I have realised from talking with mgtow and redpill losers is that they are just angry about not being able to get the kind of woman they desire so they childishly resort to insulting all women on earth and swearing to avoid all of us as if we all ganged up to cause their frustration.

Men are free to go their own fvcking way, they should go, get the fvck out, get lost! Leave women alone ooo, men, please leave them. Maybe then all these violent crimes perpetrated against women will drastically reduce, no rapes, no serial killing like the ones in port Harcourt, no domestic assaults or armed robberies from their criminal minded asses.

I strongly believe women will be far happier without marriage, if they stuck with their families and raised kids with her own family instead of the traditional system of women abandoning her father's name and adopting the name of some loser that will most likely maltreat her and cheat on her without remorse at least her blood family will show her more love and care then the family of strangers she was forced to join and adopt the name of because she married some guy.

And the nerve of those deluded mgtow fools to claim men don't gain anything from marriage.
The fvcking nerve.

You he goats are the ones who own children from marital unions, they bear your names, not wives names, after a poor woman goes through the pain and misery of pregnancy and childbirth and raising the kids the man gets to claim them as belonging to his family and having his place as state of origin.
You he goats are the ones cheating on your wives with impunity and getting away with it because African society overlooks your bullshit, infecting wives with all manner of stds and still expecting respect and submission from her.
Where in Nigeria do women just relax and let men provide everything without working and supporting him? Where? Which part?

Stupid lonely socially inept whiners. You go on the Internet where you spend your entire lives and read about the travails of men in western countries where their laws and ways of life differ greatly from what obtains in Africa but you stupidly decide to adopt their movement in Nigeria because you all are fools that cannot think for yourselves.

Please get lost and go your own way as quickly as possible. Idiots

Finish them...

2 Likes

Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by Magnoliaa(f): 7:43am On Sep 17, 2019
genq:

grin grin
Exactly the same way Nigerian fools women adopted feminism to thier own detriment. Now y'all have to bear the responsibilities of being a man in addition to the natural burden of being a woman. You now bear children, raise kids, maintain a home and still have to go out to work in slave corporate offices. Congratulations!

Yes, men will continue going their own way and proudly too wink

So, for your mind, men wey dey to contribute for house work, raise their children and be there for them (emotionally, physically, spiritually, financially, etc) in Nigeria no dey abi?

1 Like

Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by cooooooks(m): 7:44am On Sep 17, 2019
With all the suicides going on in our country, you shouldn't joke about it. Please, mods take note.

baby124:

I am the child, but but... you are MGTOW? I am sure if I decide to ignore you, you will commit suicide. Since rejection from women has caused you to be celibate grin cheesy cheesy
Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by Nobody: 7:47am On Sep 17, 2019
all these antifeminist wankers

let their dads pass away or fall ill and their eyes will open

i am on a whatsapp group of my old classmates. when one of us falls seriously ill or dies, na for everyone to rush to donate. because almost all the people involved were not earning that much to start with and their wives are more or less housewives. completely unsustainable

some years back i had this useless indian oga. randy man who was always using us to sort out some issues with his runs girls. he was telling us about how his fav runs girl was a lady whose dad had died, and this was what she now had to do to raise money.

I always reference awolowo's story for the same reason. his dad was rich, but the man died when awo was 10, and awos extended family simply shared everything. one of the brothers even wanted to inherit awo's mum. they were instantly destitute.

these anti feminist trolls do not know the short thread they are hanging on;the horrible lives their kids will live if they pass on with unempowered wives, or the possibilities for them as well. i know a couple where the dad was in BAT, pulling down the big dough. the wife had a party business. today the man has been out of work for over 5 years and it is madam carrying them. dey there dey shout feminist upandan. unfortunately most of you are not capable of actually providing a family with a comfortable living

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by cooooooks(m): 7:48am On Sep 17, 2019
Actually, some versions did. There were more than one women's rights groups from the late 1800s to the 1900s in both N.America and Europe.

Some were interested in equality for all. Some (the oldest groups) were interested in equal rights for "landed women"; i.e: women who had property. Bear in mind that voting in the USA used to be limited to "landed gents" which sometimes extended the honour to "landed women" (think of the harlot towns in Nevada). Some were interested in rights for white women only...and so on.

pocohantas:

Nnem, my post didn't suggest MGTOW was the origin of sex dolls. Some men said it will help them do away with women, Nigerian women. Which I believe is part of the MGTOW plan.

Of course their are versions of feminism that are toxic, but it never started out to be so. Same can't be said for MGTOW, leaves me wondering what the different waves or misconstrued version of it would be like.

Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by cooooooks(m): 7:52am On Sep 17, 2019
You speaking madd truth!!

I know a family like that too. The wife had spaere money from her small business because the husband insisted that HE ALONE must provide for the family. So she started investing in properties. HE was angry and tried to stop her but she continued. Now, he is not making much again and she is able to support the university fees of their kids.

I want a PARTNER for a wife. Someone with whom I will build a life/empire TOGETHER.

ornicus:
all these antifeminist wankers

let their dads pass away or fall ill and their eyes will open

i am on a whatsapp group of my old classmates. when one of us falls seriously ill or dies, na for everyone to rush to donate. because almost all the people involved were not earning that much to start with and their wives are more or less housewives. completely unsustainable

some years back i had this useless indian oga. randy man who was always using us to sort out some issues with his runs girls. he was telling us about how his fav runs girl was a lady whose dad had died, and this was what she now had to do to raise money.

always reference awolowo's story for the same reason. his dad was rich, but the man dies when awo was 10, and awos extended family simply shared everything. one of the brothers even wanted to inherit awo's mum. they were instantly destitute.

these anti feminist trolls do not know the short thread they are hanging on;the horrible lives their kids will live if they pass on with unempowered wives, or the possibilities for them as well. i know a couple where the dad was in BAT, pulling down the big dough. the wife had a party business. today the man has been out of work for over 5 years and it is madam carrying them. dey there dey shout feminist upandan. unfortunately most of you are not capable of actually providing a family with a comfortable living

2 Likes

Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by pocohantas(f): 7:53am On Sep 17, 2019
cooooooks:
Actually, some versions did. There were more than one women's rights groups from the late 1800s to the 1900s in both N.America and Europe.

Some were interested in equality for all. Some (the oldest groups) were interested in equal rights for "landed women"; i.e: women who had property. Bear in mind that voting in the USA used to be limited to "landed gents" which sometimes extended the honour to "landed women" (think of the harlot towns in Nevada). Some were interested in rights for white women only...and so on.

It never started out to be toxic was the statement Sir. Not that some versions/waves were not toxic.

1 Like

Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by cooooooks(m): 7:56am On Sep 17, 2019
Let me explain:
There is no "it". There was never any "one" movement. Some feminist movements started out with "good" intentions. Some did not.

Till today, there is no "one" feminism. So your definition of the word/movement could vary wildly from the definition of the person sitting next to you.

pocohantas:

It never started out to be toxic was the statement Sir. Not that some versions/waves were not toxic.
Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by Nobody: 7:58am On Sep 17, 2019
pocohantas:

thats why i can partially understand some of the male pushback in western societies
women in conjunction with lawyers can game the hell out of the system.
women's empowerment has peaked and now diminishing returns are setting in

if i dey uk i no go even look any chick eye - they wake up after one night stand with regrets and accuse you of rape
you have small argument with madam, police is giving you restraining order
you divorce without prenup and madam dey take half - see as paul macartney almost enter one chance

but as falz would say THIS IS NIGERIA

2 Likes

Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by pocohantas(f): 8:00am On Sep 17, 2019
cooooooks:
Let me explain:
There is no "it". There was never any "one" movement. Some feminist movements started out with "good" intentions. Some did not.

Till today, there is no "one" feminism. So your definition of the word/movement could vary wildly from the definition of the person sitting next to you.

Dude, don't give me headache this morning na. There was never one movement, but there was a first movement.

What was the aim of that first movement? Answer am for your mind, because I no get energy for unnecessary back and forth.

1 Like

Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by cooooooks(m): 8:35am On Sep 17, 2019
The first feminist movement, a far as I know, was the movement for "landed women". It was not for all women. It was not for equality.

pocohantas:

Dude, don't give me headache this morning na. There was never one movement, but there was a first movement.

What was the aim of that first movement? Answer am for your mind, because I no get energy for unnecessary back and forth.
Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by pocohantas(f): 8:54am On Sep 17, 2019
ornicus:

thats why i can partially understand some of the male pushback in western societies
women in conjunction with lawyers can game the hell out of the system.
women's empowerment has peaked and now diminishing returns are setting in

if i dey uk i no go even look any chick eye - they wake up after one night stand with regrets and accuse you of rape
you have small argument with madam, police is giving you restraining order
you divorce without prenup and madam dey take half - see as paul macartney almost enter one chance

but as falz would say THIS IS NIGERIA

No mind them. Round pegs in square holes. Wetin concern Naija man with GHW? When marriage is designed to make him king sef.

Does the average Naija woman know the meaning or concept of child support and alimony? No be Wizkid babymama dey cry everywhere. Davido own sef been wan do anyhow, God save her say Davido get conscience... grin

3 Likes

Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by Nobody: 10:12am On Sep 17, 2019

2 Likes

Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by genq(m): 10:33am On Sep 17, 2019
pocohantas:

Same way you feminist wh0res tried to replace men with dildos and vibrators.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Here Are A Few Security Tips In The Light Of The Security Challenge In Nigeria / Have You Ever Found Yourself Emotionally Attached To Your Siblings' Children? / 16 Signs She Is A Masculine Woman - Valorforfreedom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.