Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,082 members, 7,821,721 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ (14683 Views)

My Own Way VS Nigeria Way On Marriage / I Lost My Junior Brother Yesterday, Please Console Me In Your Own Way / I Lost My Junior Brother Yesterday, Please Console Me In Your Own Way (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by genq(m): 10:34am On Sep 17, 2019
Breaststroke:

She did right? cheesy Well as far as I can tell, you didn't throw any shades you kept things civil. Which is very commendable by the way.

I like the way she floored certain users to the point where they could only throw shades, as is their usual manner grin

Madam, who are these "certain users"? grin
Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by emmaodet: 10:50am On Sep 17, 2019
bukatyne:
Interesting.

I was scanning to find they are staying off sex and I can see that.

So I can take them serious.

That said, 70k men pulling out of society might seem small, constant addition over the years would spell doom for the women in that society interested in heterosexual marriages.

Such women would also have to lower their standards else a lot of them would be single or settle for men already in relationships.

This would also herald the official state of babymamaism. Now, we still have baby mamas of A marrying B. Then it would be baby mamas staying as baby mamas.

It is really going to be a bleak situation and I believe, another movement especially for the women (anti-feminism? Red pill girls? Religious movement?) would act as a balance so that more men would be pulled back into the society.

A society where men decide to pull out would fail and breed unnatural mating laws. Also think of lower birth rates, poor role models for the male child, gender selection favoring the male child at conception, rise of homosexuality, transgender etc.

It is a grim picture.

Hopefully, both genders would go back to the drawing board before it fails at the center.

And this is peculiar to the West for now. Nigerians have a different problem.

I like you contribution, you are not baised.
And you have earned a follower.
It is true if things continue like this then there is problem.
I think it will get to a point were both genders will be called to the table to renegotiate the terms and conditions.
Just like disgruntled groups against government like Niger delta militant, IPOB etc.
When it gets to a stage the disgruntled parties will be called for renegotiation.
Just like employee/employer situation during salary increment brouhaha.
I may be wrong though
Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by cooooooks(m): 10:55am On Sep 17, 2019
LOL

She was taking ZERO prisoners. Frankly, the loudest MGTOWS are missing the point entirely because they spend all their time talking about women and MGTOW.

What would Nairaland be if not a shade-throwing stadium?

Breaststroke:

She did right? cheesy Well as far as I can tell, you didn't throw any shades you kept things civil. Which is very commendable by the way.

I like the way she floored certain users to the point where they could only throw shades, as is their usual manner grin

5 Likes

Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by baby124: 11:15am On Sep 17, 2019
missjo:

Baby124, feminism and mgtow are two sides of the same golden coin and in my opinion,anyone who is a part of one but despises those who are part of the other simply does not understand the concept of cause & effect. Just like feminism has hardliners,mgtow also has hardliners. As a feminist yourself, there are certain feminist ideologies you certainly consider extreme, i guess that is how there are men who are not fully mgtow and will not end up foregoing pucci in the long run.
And this is what brings me to my point, becoming part of a movement and not encompassing the full substance of it is to me a farce. I hate labels same way i hate peanut butter. Africa does not understand either of these two concepts in its entirety because the dynamics are different. I had spent most of my life in western countries before experiencing my mother land Africa and i can see that social movements can never be replicated exact in societies with different cultural dynamics, it just doesn't happen.

Africans can not on one hand hate feminism and love mgtow, same way Africans can not hate mgtow and love feminism.
Let love lead.
You have no clue what you are talking about.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 17, 2019

1 Like

Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by missjo(f): 11:26am On Sep 17, 2019
baby124:

Okay mummy who did not know Nigerian navy is restricted to Nigerian waters,i see you Sherlock.undecided

2 Likes

Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by emmaodet: 11:27am On Sep 17, 2019
bukatyne:

I wonder why they are getting married

No simple synergy.

She quit her job and expects the guy to pick up the slack because of the wedding plans.

1. Did she discuss with him?
2. Did he express his disagreement and make it clear he would not pick the slack?
3. If they do not have so much, is it not wise to reduce the spend of the wedding?
4. The wife says her dream wedding... Has she found out the guy's dream wedding?
5. What would their lives be like after marriage financially?

Too many questions.

Hello Buka, you are talking this way bcus you are a woman.
Alot of modern women are not considerate and not intune with realities, am sorry for saying this.
Before, marriage was encouraging and cheaper for 2 people to stay together because our mothers were considerate but now it is cheaper to stay alone than be with the modern woman.
E.g
My wife grandmother died last week and d burial scheduled for 1st week next month (less than a month to prepare for an emergency that was not factored into the family plan before now)
They will use 2 clothes, 1 for wake-keep and other for burial totalling 40k for one person and 80k for my wife and i.
Told her we dnt have such money dat i can only give 40k, maybe she should sew why i use what i have bcus we will still gv her mum support money, buy souvenir to share and other miscellaneous.
It as been hell and quarrel for the past 2/3 days about how we are not going to meet up with other family members,
How some are giving there parents millions from canada blah blah blah
That am used to low quality and inferior things and in there family they use standard.
Buka, alot is happening in modern day families and believe me, even though alot of women will come out and tell you how they will manage wt a guy and understand situation, IT IS A BIG LIE BCUS THEY DON'T

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by baby124: 11:34am On Sep 17, 2019
missjo:

Okay mummy who did not know Nigerian navy is restricted to Nigerian waters,i see you Sherlock.undecided
Lol. Please go to school and stay there. Stop quoting me abeg. I don’t have time for you.

4 Likes

Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by missjo(f): 11:37am On Sep 17, 2019
baby124:

Lol. Please go to school and stay there. Stop quoting me abeg. I don’t have time for you.
cheesy
Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by CHoccolaTE: 12:11pm On Sep 17, 2019
genq:

grin grin
Exactly the same way Nigerian fools women adopted feminism to thier own detriment. Now y'all have to bear the responsibilities of being a man in addition to the natural burden of being a woman. You now bear children, raise kids, maintain a home and still have to go out to work in slave corporate offices. Congratulations!

Yes, men will continue going their own way and proudly too wink

Hahaha
So Nigerian women adopted feminism so idiotic criminal gender decided to be copy cats and adopt western ideologies even when they live in a country that places them above women?

Thank god you are determined to go your own way, be fast about it. Get lost, don't let the door hit you on your way out.

Women can have peace of mind and deal with less crime and corruption if majority of men go their fvcking way.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by CHoccolaTE: 12:14pm On Sep 17, 2019
baby124:

grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by IceColdVeins(m): 12:47pm On Sep 17, 2019
You got me
baby124:
Indeed!!! The ones that like sex too will be shouting MGTOW, until they see a girl twerking and they GTOW! Mtschew! Keep deceiving yourselves with other deceptive entities in your group who cannot go one week without sex. They chop, clean mouth and then come and shout your national anthem! We know una grin. It’s your type that will be crying to just put the tip cheesy wink

5 Likes

Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by doitforyou(f): 1:23pm On Sep 17, 2019
FALSE EQUIVALENCE.

I am going to assume you meant to say MGTOW is a response to the feminist movement. What you are NOT going to do is compare a movement that seeks to fight for women to gain access to opportunities and rights that men already have so we can have a gender equal society, to an alt-right movement that seeks for men to separate themselves from a society that they deem harmful/non beneficiary to men. You compare feminist women that came before you that fought for all the rights that you now enjoy to incels. Do not conflate misandry with feminism, even the radical of feminists (feminists that believe that society should do away with patriarchy, they challenge existing social norms, objectification of women etc) cannot be compared with the mildest of a MGTOW. Do you know what MGTOW hardliners do? They shoot people. Please can you post for the class what these extreme feminist ideologies are?

lol talking about "I spent most of my life in Western countries" Feminism started in Nigeria before your grandparents were born and they made voting rights possible for women, and made it possible for women to run for office. There are some men that still believe women think and behave like children so they shouldn't vote. You can be anti-feminist if you want, no one cares, brave women will continue to fight for opportunities that you will undoubtedly enjoy. I just couldn't ignore your false balance. You have the nerve to compare feminism with a movement that came out of online white supremacy groups. A bunch of social rejects that live on the fringes of society. I don't blame you, it's times like this I wish time travel was possible, so I can throw you back to the 20th century.

missjo:

Baby124, feminism and mgtow are two sides of the same golden coin and in my opinion,anyone who is a part of one but despises those who are part of the other simply does not understand the concept of cause & effect. Just like feminism has hardliners,mgtow also has hardliners. As a feminist yourself, there are certain feminist ideologies you certainly consider extreme, i guess that is how there are men who are not fully mgtow and will not end up foregoing pucci in the long run.
And this is what brings me to my point, becoming part of a movement and not encompassing the full substance of it is to me a farce. I hate labels same way i hate peanut butter. Africa does not understand either of these two concepts in its entirety because the dynamics are different. I had spent most of my life in western countries before experiencing my mother land Africa and i can see that social movements can never be replicated exact in societies with different cultural dynamics, it just doesn't happen.

Africans can not on one hand hate feminism and love mgtow, same way Africans can not hate mgtow and love feminism.
Let love lead.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by doitforyou(f): 1:33pm On Sep 17, 2019
missjo:

No it does not but are there feminists who believe men should be done away with?

Let us not do this,i don't want to do this. Just understand that extremists and hardliners exist among movements.
From what i see in the starting post,there are levels to this mgtow. Not everyone is going to go up the levels same way not every feminist believes men are not needed for sex or procreation anymore.

Are there some women that believe men should be done away with? YES! Are they feminists? NO! There is a dictionary word for them and it's called misandry. You do not get to be disingenuous, invent and ascribe ideologies to a movement to prove a point.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by doitforyou(f): 1:37pm On Sep 17, 2019
missjo:

I take it this is partly directed at me.
You are right,feminism in its original sense does not want to do away with men. Are you saying there are no feminist ideologies today that believe men are to be done away with?

Please post them here. What are these ideologies

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by missjo(f): 1:47pm On Sep 17, 2019
doitforyou:
FALSE EQUIVALENCE.

I am going to assume you meant to say MGTOW is a response to the feminist movement. What you are NOT going to do is compare a movement that seeks to fight for women to gain access to opportunities and rights that men already have so we can have a gender equal society, to an alt-right movement that seeks for men to separate themselves from a society that they deem harmful/non beneficiary to men. You compare feminist women that came before you that fought for all the rights that you now enjoy to incels. Do not conflate misandry with feminism, even the radical of feminists (feminists that believe that society should do away with patriarchy, they challenge existing social norms, objectification of women etc) cannot be compared with the mildest of a MGTOW. Do you know what MGTOW hardliners do? They shoot people. Please can you post for the class what these extreme feminist ideologies are?

lol talking about "I spent most of my life in Western countries" Feminism started in Nigeria before your grandparents were born and they made voting rights possible for women, and made it possible for women to run for office. There are some men that still believe women think and behave like children so they shouldn't vote. You can be anti-feminist if you want, no one cares, brave women will continue to fight for opportunities that you will undoubtedly enjoy. I just couldn't ignore your false balance. You have the nerve to compare feminism with a movement that came out of online white supremacy groups. A bunch of social rejects that live on the fringes of society. I don't blame you, it's times like this I wish time travel was possible, so I can throw you back to the 20th century.

I can't engage you,too much anger projecting. You only need to learn the meaning of false equivalence.
How you also assume i am anti-feminist is quite funny considering that i have participated in equality matches in Sacramento and you are in your cubicle typing internet speeches when you have never held a placard in your life. Do not teach me about women rights,i have enjoyed those rights mor than you have and probably ever will. Bye Felicia

4 Likes

Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by cooooooks(m): 1:48pm On Sep 17, 2019
Soo true! smiley

Breaststroke:

You made me laugh with this whole comment.

A civil, sane & pleasant stadium.

There's nothing wrong with benevolent shades, that comes from a good place and makes you smile, because you know someone is fooling around and don't mean any harm.

It's the really vile and malicious sort aimed at demeaning others I cringe at.

Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by missjo(f): 1:49pm On Sep 17, 2019
doitforyou:

Are there some women that believe men should be done away with? YES! Are they feminists? NO! There is a dictionary word for them and it's called misandry. You do not get to be disingenuous, invent and ascribe ideologies to a movement to prove a point.
They are a group called separatist feminists,not like i thought you knew anything. It is not surprising you have never heard of them beforecheesy

2 Likes

Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by missjo(f): 1:51pm On Sep 17, 2019
doitforyou:

Please post them here. What are these ideologies
Go use your phone as usual to learn about separatist feminism dollycheesy
We have actually expelled ladies from our group who try to internally recruit members from the gen pop to that branch.

I do not know what your problem is
Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by Jman06(m): 1:51pm On Sep 17, 2019
baby124:

Let’s take a brief look on Isaac Newton shall we?:

Shall we look at why he was peeved towards his mother again and probably why he doesn’t like women?:

Isaac Newton did not like women, maybe because Isaac Newton was Gay?:

We know your type who will rather not touch SMELLY PUSSY wink. Enjoy the sweet dicks grin cheesy. You people just follow anything and anyone blindly. Tpia must be a psychologist because she profiled you people quite well. LMAO
Trying too hard to prove what doesn't exist!
Newton was never lonely, at least not all his life since he used most of his time studying and researching.
Agreed that his mother's action of leaving him behind to marry another man might have contributed to his decision to stay away from women. His mother's action buttressed all what we have been saying about women! Very selfish beings! She already had a son, selfishness wouldn't allow her to stay at a place and take care of his son.

Hey! Your speculation that Newton was gay remains a speculation and has no proof whatsoever. Those who held such view were obviously ladies like yourself and perhaps pussywiped men who never thought it possible that a man could decide to stay celibate and live his life without being married to any woman.

FYI, I'm NOT gay but just an analytical thinker who has thought severally about marriage and came to the realization that it is a grand scam against the menfolk.

5 Likes

Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by doitforyou(f): 1:55pm On Sep 17, 2019
missjo:

I can't engage you,too much anger projecting. You only need to learn the meaning of false equivalence.[b][/b]
How you also assume i am anti-feminist is quite funny considering that i have participated in equality matches in Sacramento and you are in your cubicle typing internet speeches when you have never held a placard in your life. Do not teach me about women rights,i have enjoyed those rights mor than you have and probably ever will. Bye Felicia

AKA I absolutely have NO clue what I am talking about and I just decided to jump into a thread that I know nothing about. At least you were honest from the start, unlike some of your anti-feminist cohorts. Also you haven't participated in any equality marches, if you have, you would NEVER compare feminism to MGTOW. lol "Sacramento"

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by doitforyou(f): 1:58pm On Sep 17, 2019
missjo:

Go use your phone as usual to learn about separatist feminism dollycheesy
We have actually expelled ladies from our group who try to internally recruit members from the gen pop to that branch.

I do not know what your problem is

I thought you were just bold on this thread claiming you know extreme feminism ideologies that is same as MGTOW. Alas! you know nothing, you were just making sh!t up. Post them here.

My problem is anti-feminist like you that make up sh!t about the movement because you disagree with the movement. I am still waiting on your extreme feminist ideologies.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by missjo(f): 1:59pm On Sep 17, 2019
doitforyou:

AKA I absolutely have NO clue what I am talking about and I just decided to jump into a thread that I know nothing about. At least you were honest from the start, unlike some of your anti-feminist cohorts. Also you haven't participated in any equality marches, if you have, you would NEVER compare feminism to MGTOW. lol "Sacramento"
Lmao..just buzz off please. You never heard of Sacramento?lol
A feminist who has never heard of feminist separatismcheesy
Is this not why i earlier said that none of these movements concern Africans. You do not understand it,not at all.
Please go away dolly

2 Likes

Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by missjo(f): 2:01pm On Sep 17, 2019
doitforyou:

I thought you were just bold on this thread claiming you know extreme feminism ideologies that is same as MGTOW. Alas! you know nothing, you were just making sh!t up. Post them here.
cheesy
I just gave the name of the feminist group with ideologies likened to mgtow and you are still on me. What is it dolly?

2 Likes

Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by pocohantas(f): 2:01pm On Sep 17, 2019
Man that is supposed to be going his own way, has been on NL- quoting women since morning.

Make una ignore am small and see how he would perish grin grin

So much for GHW...

11 Likes

Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by doitforyou(f): 2:08pm On Sep 17, 2019
missjo:

cheesy
I just gave the name of the feminist group with ideologies likened to mgtow and you are still on me. What is it dolly?

Okay got it! So you do NOT know any extreme feminist ideologies.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by doitforyou(f): 2:18pm On Sep 17, 2019
missjo:

cheesy

So, the thread is still waiting on you to name these extreme ideologies that feminism espouses. Miss Sacramento.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by baby124: 2:22pm On Sep 17, 2019
Jman06:
Trying too hard to prove what doesn't exist!
Newton was never lonely, at least not all his life since he used most of his time studying and researching.
Agreed that his mother's action of leaving him behind to marry another man might have contributed to his decision to stay away from women. His mother's action buttressed all what we have been saying about women! Very selfish beings! She already had a son, selfishness wouldn't allow her to stay at a place and take care of his son.

Hey! Your speculation that Newton was gay remains a speculation and has no proof whatsoever. Those who held such view were obviously ladies like yourself and perhaps pussywiped men who never thought it possible that a man could decide to stay celibate and live his life without being married to any woman.

FYI, I'm NOT gay but just an analytical thinker who has thought severally about marriage and came to the realization that it is a grand scam against the menfolk.
But, what about the husband who refused for a single mother to bring in her son. We know how life was for single parents then. He is not selfish and wicked At least the mother was able to use the wealthy man’s money to educate her son, which is why you have Newton’s Genius today.

You say he was not lonely? So you know better than all the sources cited in his era from your Nigerian enclave? Lmao!

A man who lived in the same room with another man for 20yrs and exchanged such letters with a younger gay man? Keep deceiving yourself. Lmao. His letters are public, you can request access to clear all doubt. Newton was a gay man who was a genius. He lived a lonely, depressed and sad life because he was repressed just like you!

Yes you are a gay man. Only closeted gay men are repulsed by pussy and talk about women this way. You are just not out of the closet yet wink.

3 Likes

Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by baby124: 2:46pm On Sep 17, 2019
pocohantas:
Man that is supposed to be going his own way, has been on NL- quoting women since morning.

Make una ignore am small and see how he would perish grin grin

So much for GHW...
Wait... they will soon open a thread to discredit the witches in the family section wink. It is here all their frivolous ideas come to die grin cheesy. Those useless small boys with small brains hate us die. grin

8 Likes

Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by missjo(f): 3:00pm On Sep 17, 2019
Lmaocheesy
This is the thing with some of you and how you give the real equality activists a bad name. I only came here to let some of yous know there are hardline feminists just as there are hardliners in mgtow and all i get are insults from the group of feminist practitioners here.lol, i was warned about this anyway.
Ladies who have never organized or participated in equality marches or given speeches suddenly call me anti-feminist.cheesy

I can not deal with you guys.
Until you learn the difference between social issues and cultural issues and how what you have in Africa is a cultural problem which a social western invention like feminism will never cure,you will not make progress in eliminating gender inequality. This is something some of us actively work on in our little way.
Same goes for the mgtow boys supporting a misplaced ideological position.

You all deserve each other honestly.

2 Likes

Re: What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ by missjo(f): 3:08pm On Sep 17, 2019
doitforyou:

ha I see another dumb anti-feminist. All these your tactics are not working, POST these extreme feminist ideologies or shut the fvck up. Next time know about a topic before you post ignorant sh!t on the internet.
You are really angry and bitter,the reason i do not know.
I have given you the name separatist feminists, these are ladies i have personally dealt with, most of whom went to high school with me. You do not know of this, never heard of it before, and you ought to have found out by now what their ideologies are if you were truly intent on learning something new yet you are hounding me for no just cause trying to chase clout that won't help in your fight for gender equality.

Allow me to take my L in peace. And i wish u happiness.kiss

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Here Are A Few Security Tips In The Light Of The Security Challenge In Nigeria / Have You Ever Found Yourself Emotionally Attached To Your Siblings' Children? / Photos: At What Age Should Kids Stop Playing Naked With Their Parents?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.