Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,709 members, 7,820,490 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

Nurse Or Pharmacist Which Is The Best. - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nurse Or Pharmacist Which Is The Best. (27558 Views)

Susan Eboh: Death Of A Uniben Queen (A Pharmacist Gone) After Gunshot / Folashade Salako Wins Pharmacist Award For Best Pharmacy Brain / Registered Nurse Or Chew Nurse... Pls Mature Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nurse Or Pharmacist Which Is The Best. by Mrukk: 10:47pm On Sep 21, 2019
amaniro:
In Nigeria, Nurses are doctors slaves. I've seen instances where a nurse runs Erands completely out of work for a doctor
That's a personal problem of that nurse. No one is anyone's slave. Each job has it roles spelt out and everyone is important. Comments like this further add to the already existing beef between health practitioners
Re: Nurse Or Pharmacist Which Is The Best. by RxTreasure: 10:57pm On Sep 21, 2019
sassysure:
Two things are involved, pharmacy must have hurt you in one way or the other..or you have an enemy who is a pharmacist. This hate isn't natural mehnn

U are very emotional.
Tramadol is still in the market bc pharmacist like u import them into the country.
Nobody imports drug into Nigerian without the backing of a licenced pharmacist.

Pharmacists don't go through any shit.
They don't pass through rigourous training like veterinary Drs yet they don't make noise.
They don't pass through what those that studied agric did.
Let me not talk about medicine and surgery.
Men of honour ke cheesy
U are very funny.
Seems u are still in school.

Female pharmacists are hot cake in igboland. Not because they will work but bc their certificates are in huge demand for drug importation. Marry them and everything becomes easier. Then open one big drug store with supermarket for her grin

Check all the big drug stores u know, am I lying?

As per where I live, never mind. I might be in my village kiss

Emzor owner tried bc late dora marketed her. The importers almost ran her out of market even though what she does is mixing up imported active ingredients and they are of low qualities.
I will tell u the deep secrets of pharmacy in Nigeria.
Stop arguing with me.

U need to see these guys feeling on top of the world cheesy
Empty brains. Their lecturers mostly advice them to go and learn about the 101 of drugs from the big chemist shops. U guys don't know anything.
Some doing industrial attachments or whatever it's called use medical terms to attend to ordinary people thinking that speaking big grammar makes them special.
U ask them simple question they will start fumbling.
Mtcheew.
I'm not responding to u again

Re: Nurse Or Pharmacist Which Is The Best. by RxTreasure: 10:59pm On Sep 21, 2019
sassysure:

U are very emotional.
Tramadol is still in the market bc pharmacist like u import them into the country.

They don't pass through rigourous training like veterinary Drs yet they don't make noise.
Men of honour ke cheesy
U are very funny.

Female pharmacists are hot cake in igboland. Not because they will work but bc their certificates are in huge demand for drug importation. Marry them and everything becomes easier. Then open one big drug store with supermarket for her grin

Emzor owner tried bc late dora marketed her. The importers almost ran her out of market even though what she does is mixing up imported active ingredients and they are of low qualities.
Stop arguing with me.

Empty brains. Their lecturers mostly advice them to go and learn about the 101 of drugs from the big chemist shops. U guys don't know anything.
Some doing industrial attachments or whatever it's called use medical terms to attend to ordinary people thinking that speaking big grammar makes them special.
Mtcheew.

Two things are involved, pharmacy must have hurt you in one way or the other..or you have an enemy who is a pharmacist. This hate isn't natural mehnn

1 Like

Re: Nurse Or Pharmacist Which Is The Best. by Hahjascho(m): 11:07pm On Sep 21, 2019
ayox1:
PHARMACY PHARMACY PHARMACY PHARMACY PHARMACY PHARMACY PHARMACY
Your reason?
Re: Nurse Or Pharmacist Which Is The Best. by chuksbogus2001: 11:49pm On Sep 21, 2019
ikyTech:
Abeg show us the way
Are you still a student or U are aan RN already ? . It is very rewording to be a nurse both in Nigeria and abroad. Nursing is one of the professions that will put food on your table in Nigeria. If you then manage come abroad you go hail!!! Making ,..............make I no talk am
Re: Nurse Or Pharmacist Which Is The Best. by Chartey(m): 11:53pm On Sep 21, 2019
Jman06:
You have limited knowledge about pharmacy!

Those alluding to the fact that nurses have better opportunities abroad seem not to be aware that no pharmacy opens in America even when the pharmacist is only out for lunch. The pharmacy must remain closed until the pharmacist is back from lunch. They also don't know about NAPLEX which qualifies a Nigerian trained pharmacist for licensure in the US.

Where pharmacists can work include:

Hospital, academic, Industry (production, quality control, sales etc), community, NGOs, Government agencies and parastatals, research institutions, military, etc

In a nutshell, pharmacists have broader scope of work than nurses.

It's the numbers. Whether you like it or not there are more openings for nurses even in those places you just mentioned. An NGO may employ 2 pharmacists at a base, 10 nurses and 5 doctors so you see what I mean. Pharmacists don't have as many overseas options as doctors yet nurses even have easier routes to and more jobs overseas than we do.

4 Likes

Re: Nurse Or Pharmacist Which Is The Best. by sorom4: 12:03am On Sep 22, 2019
doyinbaby:
Pharmacy where you can be your own boss
Nursing whether in Nigeria or abroad.. you may have to work for people or organisation
But follow that which gives you joy
And who told you that you can't be your own boss in Nursing? As a Nurse Practitioner...you can practice independently or otherwise

3 Likes

Re: Nurse Or Pharmacist Which Is The Best. by steric58(m): 12:41am On Sep 22, 2019
sorom4:

And who told you that you can't be your own boss in Nursing? As a Nurse Practitioner...you can practice independently or otherwise
don't mind him, I have my own government licensed clinic, employ fellow Nurses and a Visiting Doctor. Nursing is a goldmine a noble profession. It's hurt so much they aren't giving the recognition they deserve in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Nurse Or Pharmacist Which Is The Best. by Lagusta(m): 1:33am On Sep 22, 2019
amaniro:
In Nigeria, Nurses are doctors slaves. I've seen instances where a nurse runs Erands completely out of work for a doctor

Those are not professional nurses, they are quacks or just being stupid...

No qualified nurse rubs errands for doctors

2 Likes

Re: Nurse Or Pharmacist Which Is The Best. by Nobody: 4:30am On Sep 22, 2019
Lagusta:

Those are not professional nurses, they are quacks or just being stupid...

No qualified nurse rubs errands for doctors
you now have sense, praise Allah. Your posts about nurses in the past on Nairaland so nausauting. Your gf is a nurse? or ine correct nurse put u where u belong?

2 Likes

Re: Nurse Or Pharmacist Which Is The Best. by eleojo23: 6:57am On Sep 22, 2019
sassysure:

U are very emotional.

Men of honour ke cheesy
U are very funny.

Stop arguing with me.

Mtcheew.

It is obvious that you have something personal against pharmacists.

1 Like

Re: Nurse Or Pharmacist Which Is The Best. by Nobody: 8:10am On Sep 22, 2019
Pharmacy o

1 Like

Re: Nurse Or Pharmacist Which Is The Best. by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 22, 2019
camobri:

you are a big pig. I am a king nurse even as a student, never ever sub ro any empty head doctor. if u a doctor, pray to not work with me, they shake when they work with me, I dont take bullshit, I protect my patients like egg. u wanna make any mistake, u end up crying by the time I'm done correcting your stupid assss
This actually cracked me up. Pharmacy is better than nursing and you know that, king of nurse ko, queen of nurse ni, nurses can't work without the doctor's supervision, so you guys are directly linked to the doctor. Go and have several seats, if you want to be a king, buy jamb form and apply for medicine and surgery. Doctor will always be your king.

1 Like

Re: Nurse Or Pharmacist Which Is The Best. by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 22, 2019
Pattypatt:
This actually cracked me up. Pharmacy is better than nursing and you know that, king of nurse ko, queen of nurse ni, nurses can't work without the doctor's supervision, so you guys are directly linked to the doctor. Go and have several seats, if you want to be a king, buy jamb form and apply for medicine and surgery. Doctor will always be your king.
you will continue to be bitter . i need no stupid mbbs. never was interested, and I'm still the king

2 Likes

Re: Nurse Or Pharmacist Which Is The Best. by mercyviv(f): 9:34am On Sep 22, 2019
Nursing, because you'll find job regardless of your location. Can't say the same for pharmacy
Meanwhile...
Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to the best compilation of school lesson notes/plans, curriculum and exams. Visit my signature for details...
Re: Nurse Or Pharmacist Which Is The Best. by Drzak(m): 9:37am On Sep 22, 2019
You should know that the both profession suffers the mess in our health care sector. So what ever affects nursing practice in Nigeria as a result of bad governance might likely affect the pharmacy practice as well. Poor governance, poor regulations which leads to infiltration of quacks puts the health care sector in shambles .

Nursing is a good profession with widescope of practice and evolving trends as well Pharmacy . But honestly if you are business oriented and would like to work quickly in the private sector u can study pharmacy. Both nurses and pharmacists are respected abroad.

I’m a proud pharmacist & I have a good relationship with nurses.

2 Likes

Re: Nurse Or Pharmacist Which Is The Best. by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 22, 2019
eleojo23:

It is obvious that you have something personal against pharmacists.
No, I don't.
I'm just trying to point out the rot in the once esteemed profession which u guys chose to overlook like other professions in Nigeria.

U and I know that what I wrote up there is the undiluted truth.

Dora tried to rebuild the face of this profession through nafdac but that was where it ended.
Importers almost killed her then.

Now drugs are littered everywhere unchecked.
I read the federal govt placed a ban in the importation of some drugs, as if that will do anything.

I will never advice anybody I know to study pharmacy in Nigeria. Labs are obsolete. UNN used to pride itself as the best pharm school in Nigeria and I heard u can get their para and few other drugs in the campus but what now?

I'm just angry at what the profession has been reduced to.
Just name only.

2 Likes

Re: Nurse Or Pharmacist Which Is The Best. by CaesarDon(m): 11:29am On Sep 22, 2019
camobri:

you are a big pig. I am a king nurse even as a student, never ever sub ro any empty head doctor. if u a doctor, pray to not work with me, they shake when they work with me, I dont take bullshit, I protect my patients like egg. u wanna make any mistake, u end up crying by the time I'm done correcting your stupid assss

You're uncouth and immature, that's why you couldn't be a doctor, I couldn't care any less how you react or not succumb to any doctor whatsoever, I just gave an advise without attacking anyone explicitly, but because of your self esteem issues with regards your profession you resort to insults, I stand by my words, be it home or abroad nurses are subordinates to doctors, i never even said I approve of the hierarchical structure in hospitals, I'm just saying it the way it is, DEAL WITH IT!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nurse Or Pharmacist Which Is The Best. by Nobody: 1:51pm On Sep 22, 2019
camobri:

you will continue to be bitter . i need no stupid mbbs. never was interested, and I'm still the king
You are so pained, doctors will always be the boss, followed by pharmacists, then we can think of nurses.
Re: Nurse Or Pharmacist Which Is The Best. by Jman06(m): 2:58pm On Sep 22, 2019
Chartey:

It's the numbers. Whether you like it or not there are more openings for nurses even in those places you just mentioned. An NGO may employ 2 pharmacists at a base, 10 nurses and 5 doctors so you see what I mean. Pharmacists don't have as many overseas options as doctors yet nurses even have easier routes to and more jobs overseas than we do.
The only thing you could say is that we have more nurses in Nigeria who seek overseas opportunities than pharmacists. Nigerian pharmacists are fewer and are not even enough to serve Nigeria let alone going abroad (although some still go). Pharmacists have more job coverage than nurses everywhere in the world and the reason is because their jobs are not restricted to healthcare alone unlike nurses. You have to have drugs first before you talk about using them in healthcare. From research to formulation, distribution, sales and then to dispensing and use in healthcare, pharmacists are in charge of drugs!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nurse Or Pharmacist Which Is The Best. by Nobody: 3:17pm On Sep 22, 2019
Pattypatt:
You are so pained, doctors will always be the boss, followed by pharmacists, then we can think of nurses.
is it by force? They are ur boss, not mine. I am my own boss.

1 Like

Re: Nurse Or Pharmacist Which Is The Best. by Nobody: 3:18pm On Sep 22, 2019
CaesarDon:

You're uncouth and immature, that's why you couldn't be a doctor, I couldn't care any less how you react or not succumb to any doctor whatsoever, I just gave an advise without attacking anyone explicitly, but because of your self esteem issues with regards your profession you resort to insults, I stand by my words, be it home or abroad nurses are subordinates to doctors, i never even said I approve of the hierarchical structure in hospitals, I'm just saying it the way it is, DEAL WITH IT!!!!
cry me a river, big pig.
Re: Nurse Or Pharmacist Which Is The Best. by Lagusta(m): 8:29pm On Sep 22, 2019
camobri:

you now have sense, praise Allah. Your posts about nurses in the past on Nairaland so nausauting. Your gf is a nurse? or ine correct nurse put u where u belong?

can we PLEASE forget the past and focus on whats ahead of us please?? come on, lets be more matured na, we are men....

2 Likes

Re: Nurse Or Pharmacist Which Is The Best. by Nobody: 8:44pm On Sep 22, 2019
Lagusta:

can we PLEASE forget the past and focus on whats ahead of us please?? come on, lets be more matured na, we are men....
you need to apologize. On that diary. you have a large followership and that asides, Nairaland enjoy large followership. many would have been misinformed.

1 Like

Re: Nurse Or Pharmacist Which Is The Best. by Nobody: 8:54pm On Sep 22, 2019
camobri:

is it by force? They are ur boss, not mine. I am my own boss.
Pharmacists are more respected than nurses, you know it, so keep shut.
Re: Nurse Or Pharmacist Which Is The Best. by Nobody: 8:59pm On Sep 22, 2019
Pattypatt:
Pharmacists are more respected that nurses, you know it, so keep shut.
that's your cup of tea, you swerved from the initial discourse. Doctors are ur boss not mine.
Re: Nurse Or Pharmacist Which Is The Best. by ikyTech(m): 8:13am On Sep 23, 2019
Wow. Sounds rewarding. How can RN in Nigeria move abroad ? Need to move but how sir
chuksbogus2001:

Are you still a student or U are aan RN already ? . It is very rewording to be a nurse both in Nigeria and abroad. Nursing is one of the professions that will put food on your table in Nigeria. If you then manage come abroad you go hail!!! Making ,..............make I no talk am
Re: Nurse Or Pharmacist Which Is The Best. by Chartey(m): 9:46pm On Sep 23, 2019
Jman06:
The only thing you could say is that we have more nurses in Nigeria who seek overseas opportunities than pharmacists. Nigerian pharmacists are fewer and are not even enough to serve Nigeria let alone going abroad (although some still go). Pharmacists have more job coverage than nurses everywhere in the world and the reason is because their jobs are not restricted to healthcare alone unlike nurses. You have to have drugs first before you talk about using them in healthcare. From research to formulation, distribution, sales and then to dispensing and use in healthcare, pharmacists are in charge of drugs!
Cancel research in Nigeria. No R&grin is done here. Sales and distribution is also done by biochemistry, anatomy, physiology, microbiology graduates and the companies even prefer them sometimes because they can pay them less. When it comes to dispensing, most community pharmacies just have 1 pharmacist supported by a number of pharmacy technicians.
I have pharmacist friends looking for jobs but I don't have a nurse friend looking for a job.
Like I said, pharmacy looks attractive to people outside but those of us inside know nursing has more opportunities. I'm neither a nurse nor pharmacist.

3 Likes

Re: Nurse Or Pharmacist Which Is The Best. by Jman06(m): 2:29pm On Sep 24, 2019
Chartey:

Cancel research in Nigeria. No R&grin is done here. Sales and distribution is also done by biochemistry, anatomy, physiology, microbiology graduates and the companies even prefer them sometimes because they can pay them less. When it comes to dispensing, most community pharmacies just have 1 pharmacist supported by a number of pharmacy technicians.
I have pharmacist friends looking for jobs but I don't have a nurse friend looking for a job.
Like I said, pharmacy looks attractive to people outside but those of us inside know nursing has more opportunities. I'm neither a nurse nor pharmacist.
So many researches are on going in Nigerian pharmacy schools and in NIPRD by pharmacists.

Well, all the pharmacists I know are gainfully employed. Some pharmaceutical companies use the science graduates as reps mainly due to shortage of pharmacists. But it is wrong because those guys know nothing about drugs! I know that many learned doctors send them out of their offices once he notices that the rep isn't a pharmacist. Do you know why?? Because they can't provide the doctors useful information about drugs. When I finished my first degree, I worked for a pharmacist in his distribution company and I know what I experienced trying to detail drugs to doctors.

Stop lying that you have a pharmacist who is unemployed. Unless the pharmacist didn't attend an accredited pharmacy school or perhaps he/she just graduated and awaiting induction. If you are sure of what you are typing, give me the pharmacist's contact, I have a job for him!

It is obvious you are biased on this topic, maybe pharmacy don do you strong thing... lol

I respect nurses as professionals but it is not true that they have better job opportunities than Pharmacists!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nurse Or Pharmacist Which Is The Best. by Chartey(m): 10:27am On Sep 25, 2019
Jman06:
So many researches are on going in Nigerian pharmacy schools and in NIPRD by pharmacists.

Well, all the pharmacists I know are gainfully employed. Some pharmaceutical companies use the science graduates as reps mainly due to shortage of pharmacists. But it is wrong because those guys know nothing about drugs! I know that many learned doctors send them out of their offices once he notices that the rep isn't a pharmacist. Do you know why?? Because they can't provide the doctors useful information about drugs. When I finished my first degree, I worked for a pharmacist in his distribution company and I know what I experienced trying to detail drugs to doctors.

Stop lying that you have a pharmacist who is unemployed. Unless the pharmacist didn't attend an accredited pharmacy school or perhaps he/she just graduated and awaiting induction. If you are sure of what you are typing, give me the pharmacist's contact, I have a job for him!

It is obvious you are biased on this topic, maybe pharmacy don do you strong thing... lol

I respect nurses as professionals but it is not true that they have better job opportunities than Pharmacists!

I am a doctor.
I rarely ask drug reps for drug information anyway because they can't provide much that concerns my patients whether they're pharmacy or anatomy graduates.

Give me links to papers about work done in NIPRD that's currently in use in healthcare in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Nurse Or Pharmacist Which Is The Best. by Jman06(m): 3:28pm On Sep 25, 2019
Chartey:

I am a doctor.
I rarely ask drug reps for drug information anyway because they can't provide much that concerns my patients whether they're pharmacy or anatomy graduates.

Give me links to papers about work done in NIPRD that's currently in use in healthcare in Nigeria.
Even if you're a doctor, you don't know 1/8 of what an average pharmacist knows about drugs! Some of you think that your 8 months pharmacology is all there is about drugs! FYI, wise doctors know the truth that only a pharmacist can give accurate info about drugs and such are the doctors that usually excel in practice because they keep pharmacists close and gain as much info as possible about drugs.
You could be one of the fake who go with the delusion that they know drugs while they keep making different medication errors and sending patients to early graves.

You have evaded my request to have the contact of your supposed unemployed pharmacist friend just like I expected. What does it profit you to lie about pharmacists on this thread? Did a pharmacist collect your babe

2 Likes

Re: Nurse Or Pharmacist Which Is The Best. by Chartey(m): 4:04pm On Sep 25, 2019
Jman06:
Even if you're a doctor, you don't know 1/8 of what an average pharmacist knows about drugs! Some of you think that your 8 months pharmacology is all there is about drugs! FYI, wise doctors know the truth that only a pharmacist can give accurate info about drugs and such are the doctors that usually excel in practice because they keep pharmacists close and gain as much info as possible about drugs.
You could be one of the fake who go with the delusion that they know drugs while they keep making different medication errors and sending patients to early graves.

You have evaded my request to have the contact of your supposed unemployed pharmacist friend just like I expected. What does it profit you to lie about pharmacists on this thread? Did a pharmacist collect your babe

I don't like doing this but this above is a problem.

You know about drugs but don't know how they function in the setting of disease as much as the people who understand pathology and the pharmacology you know.
Now, I manage patients and I see how they respond to drugs (whether intended or adverse). I see these things on a daily basis but you think some book knowledge of pharmacology will make you know what I know. Those of you closer to doctors as clinical pharmacists respect this because they're better exposed. I won't talk to a marketer about pharmaceutics, medicinal chemistry because it will be difficult to make me see how those will uniquely affect direct patient care for a drug being marketed so it largely comes down to the pharmacology which I studied and see in patients every day but you don't.
You already have this notion which is clear from your earlier replies that I have something against pharmacists and it's wrong. I sincerely believe nurses have more (numbers) opportunities (may not necessarily be better paid) in the clinical, field and industrial settings than pharmacists. I also believe it is easiest for them to move overseas among all health professionals and this is common knowledge. You can disagree with points and it's fine but there's no need for insults.
Bye.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Your First Day In Campus Experience / Seplat Joint Venture 2020/2021 Scholarship Application Is Ongoing / Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.