Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,457 members, 7,770,133 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:13 AM

Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun (133584 Views)

Black Maria 5 - Retribution (The Final Book) / Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by Israeludoudo(m): 8:50am On Oct 30, 2019
The Story Is Ok Sha
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by dflking: 9:04am On Oct 30, 2019
Make I relax 4 here... bar man.. one cold beer plz
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by William5432: 9:49am On Oct 30, 2019
You're a genius bro. Pure literature with everything painted as if in real life.

Respect!

2 Likes

Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by oluangelkay(f): 10:51am On Oct 30, 2019
Larrylove, just know that I will never stop loving you. You are simply the best of them all.
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by IgweBUIKE1(m): 11:31am On Oct 30, 2019
another story that will take the op one year to update...you would have been done reading like five stories om here before this one will even get to chapter two
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by mondaypemisire(m): 12:54pm On Oct 30, 2019
oluangelkay:
Larrylove, just know that I will never stop loving you. You are simply the best of them all.
What about devipen1?
read the guy story
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by queenitee(f): 2:32pm On Oct 30, 2019
Beautiful
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by Hormohwumi(f): 11:37am On Oct 31, 2019
pls where can I find the full story
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by emonis88: 6:46pm On Oct 31, 2019
Nice one.!
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by Holluwaphlexy(m): 10:06pm On Oct 31, 2019
larrysun abi LSD in short both.. it's a privilege to have you around at this generation I appreciate your writing skills sooooo natural
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by King2019(m): 7:56pm On Nov 01, 2019
LarrySun:
The first update shall be posted on Sunday.

I tried to refill my account in okada books but I have not seen any result..
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 12:06am On Nov 02, 2019
King2019:

I tried to refill my account in okada books but I have not seen any result..
Really? And was your account debited?
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 12:07am On Nov 02, 2019
Ehmjay:
My Greatest writer on Nairaland
Awwww! You give me too much credit. Thank you, sir. smiley
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 12:07am On Nov 02, 2019
Israeludoudo:
The Story Is Ok Sha
Thanks.
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 12:08am On Nov 02, 2019
dflking:
Make I relax 4 here... bar man.. one cold beer plz
LOL! Welcome to my humble abode. The next meal is on Sunday. wink
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 12:09am On Nov 02, 2019
William5432:
You're a genius bro. Pure literature with everything painted as if in real life.

Respect!
Thank you, boss. I'm just doing my thing. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 12:10am On Nov 02, 2019
oluangelkay:
Thank you, dearie. The feeling is mutual.
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 12:12am On Nov 02, 2019
IgweBUIKE1:
another story that will take the op one year to update...you would have been done reading like five stories om here before this one will even get to chapter two
Well, all I have to do is prove you wrong. Keep your calendar close, brother.
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 12:13am On Nov 02, 2019
queenitee:
Beautiful
Thank you, ma'am. smiley
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 12:13am On Nov 02, 2019
Hormohwumi:
pls where can I find the full story
Here. wink
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 12:14am On Nov 02, 2019
Holluwaphlexy:
larrysun abi LSD in short both.. it's a privilege to have you around at this generation I appreciate your writing skills sooooo natural
Wow! This means a lot. Thank you, sir.

1 Like

Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 12:15am On Nov 02, 2019
emonis88:
Nice one.!
Thanks.
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by King2019(m): 12:20am On Nov 02, 2019
LarrySun:
Really? And was your account debited?
yes... thought I sent it wrongly but I confirmed I was right
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 12:28am On Nov 02, 2019
King2019:

yes... thought I sent it wrongly but I confirmed I was right
Kindly hold on till daybreak.
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by King2019(m): 12:31am On Nov 02, 2019
LarrySun:
Kindly hold on till daybreak.
I doff my cap for you sir...you woke my love for literature...when I thought it was dead...now I think your book will be really worth it...
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 12:40am On Nov 02, 2019
King2019:

I doff my cap for you sir...you woke my love for literature...when I thought it was dead...now I think your book will be really worth it...
Thank you, boss. I'm sure you'll love it.
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 12:31pm On Nov 03, 2019
Update 4

OJB, Officer John Balewa, did not know how to navigate the tendons of his legs to make him run faster, but he sure knew how to navigate the gears of a motorcycle to speed a lot faster. However, his effort seemed futile because of the person he was chasing. As he was good with a vehicle of two wheels, so was Blackie good with vehicles of four wheels. He knew exactly who he was dealing with; and for a moment, he had forgotten totally about Maria and was now bent on catching Peter Black. What he was going to do with him, he had no idea yet but he was surely going to make him pay for what he did to him five years earlier. Peter had stabbed him in the back, and he was going to repay that cruelty, this time, however, he was going to look him in the eyes as he stabbed him in the chest. Only cowards attack from the back, and he, John Balewa, was not a coward; he had never been.

He pursued the car at top speed. At first, he lost sight of it, but he soon saw it speeding down the major express-road. He hoped Black would continue down that path, but knowing how smart the boy was, Balewa was certain that Peter would not fall in that trap, except if he was no longer as intelligent as he used to be. And when the car took a right turning, Balewa almost smiled; the bastard still got it after all. He was going to prove to Peter this time around that his cunningness, his cleverness, his smartness would not work on him this time around. For years, he had been cleverly stabbing him in the back because he, Balewa, trusted him. And after his departure, he had sworn never to be a victim of betrayal again. Rather than being the victim, he would be the perpetrator. He had net a lot of devious people in his journey through life, and he had dealt with every one of them accordingly. Peter Black had taught him to be more wary of people, to see their tricks miles away, and he had protected himself effectively with this knowledge. With this wisdom, he had managed to rise high in the police force; but at a certain level of his career, he refused to be ranked. He had his reason; the only single reason was Peter Black.

It was only after he had succeeded in putting Peter in jail that he would allow himself to be ranked. He prayed God help him to achieve that; because if Peter so much as resisted arrest, he would not hesitate to put the thief down. Black might want to call his bluff, but it would be shocking to him to find out that the friend he betrayed five years ago was now a completely changed person.

The various turnings in the streets annoyed Balewa; these was the kinds of streets criminals thrived in. They could easily make an escape by simply taking a turn and they would be gone forever; and Black had chosen this street for that particular purpose. This proved to him that Peter was not new in the neighbourhood; his knowledge of this place was proof that he had been in Lagos for a while. Balewa wondered why they had just been meeting now.

As he turned the corner, he wondered who came to Lagos first between them. It must have been Peter. The criminal had been conceiving the idea of coming to Lagos for a while. He had planned to elope with Rhoda and come down to Lagos; but he, Balewa, had been too trusting and too stupid to see all the bold handwritings on the walls. The days Peter would skip schools for no serious reasons, the moment he would suddenly come upon Rhoda and Peter in a room even when he did not invite her; he had suspected nothing, everything had been screaming to him that both of them were having a secret affair but he was too silly to see it, too trusting to suspect anything remote.

He wondered who other people actually suffered this kind of deception. A husband might trust his wife enough to leave her in the house while he went out to search for the daily bread, but the innocent male neighbour next door always sneaked in to screw her without his knowledge. He might even have caught both of them alone on various occasions but he didn’t suspect anything because he trusted his wife. This deception, of course, might go on forever without the man knowing anything, except he literally caught both of them together in bed. Sometimes, the cheating spouse might play safe, she might not be giving it to the next-door neighbor but to her spiritual father in church; she would kneel before the ‘man of God’ but never bowed before her own husband, because the ‘chosen one’ has more control over her than her better-half.

Discreet cheating can come in various ways; the next-door neighbor, the pastor, the plumber, the husband’s brother, his father, the ex, the university classmate, the secondary school crush, the street thug, the neighbour’s teenage son, even the wife’s cousin, her step-father, her step-brother, anyone, even her father and brother. But the innocent husband would not suspect anything because the wife gives him no reason whatsoever to be suspicious; he would think he was the only one who had access between her legs but he would be greatly mistaken; his wife is just too good in the game of deception, and it might continue without being detected.

The wife, too, can be a victim of cheating. In fact, some will argue that men tend to cheat more than women; but Balewa was not ready to accept that. However, he was willing to agree that some men could be so devious that they were willing to sleep with anything wrapped in skirts, and they were crafty enough to hide their infidelity from their wives. On many occasions, a wife has brought her sister to live with them, to assist in the house-chores, but her husband has always been screwing the girl since the first week of her arrival. And since the girl too is jealous of her sister, will keep this affair a secret. But the wife will not suspect anything because her husband is always complaining of her sister, giving her the idea that he doesn’t like the fact that her family member is living with them; he will suggest she leaves because she is invading their privacy. But he doesn’t want her to leave. He is being an Iago who is always whispering to the ears of Othello about his suspicion of Desdemona and Cassio, and still tells Othello not to take his words seriously because he’s not sure of what he’s saying. Indeed, the husbands have always proved to be the greatest deceivers in some circumstances. He could be sleeping with the next-door neighbour, the next-door neighbour’s wife, the neighbours’ teenager daughters, the pastor’s wife, the street’s most beautiful girl, the housemaid, the wife’s hairdresser, the wife’s fashion designer, her makeup artist, the wife’s friend, the wife’s enemy, her mother, her cousin, both the wife’s older and younger sisters; but the innocent wife would never suspect anything until she catches them entangled in bed, or one of these aforementioned people got pregnant for her husband. Then she would realise that the man she had always trusted was a beast; and the marriage that had always seemed so sweet would suddenly turn sour.

In some cases, both the husband and the wife were incurable cheats, hiding the truth from each other. The cheating husband might trust his wife to be faithful, and the cheating wife her husband to be faithful too. The result of this is usually disastrous. There are some marriages that are so broken that both spouses only share a roof, they both go out to screw whoever and then return to live as families. They know each other’s deepest secrets and they are willing to live by that. It is an unwritten agreement. At least, these ones know where they stand, they are still a lot better off than the cowards that cannot be honest with their spouses.

To Balewa, Peter Black and Rhoda Gold were such cowards. He was more hurt by the actions of Peter than of Rhoda. He had never expected that he would be betrayed by his best friend. This was why he was able to easily forgive Rhoda; Peter, however, he would destroy. He wondered again why he forgave Rhoda. Maybe even after everything, she still had a hold over him; he had never stopped falling in love with her, and that was why he took the ultimate decision. He loved Rhoda enough to be able to forgive her but he just couldn’t bring himself to let what Peter did go unpunished. This seemed like his best opportunity to exert his revenge on the traitor.

Without thinking whatsoever, he was taking every fist turning he found. Oftentimes, this was the best form of movement; if you followed all the first turning enough, and they all led to one exit, you would have exhausted all available turning before you got to the exit. He had come up with this theory by learning about the riddle of the maze. A child had once found his way out of a maze simply by making sure his hand did not leave the wall as he followed the tracks. And so he hoped that he would be able to see Peter’s car soon enough if they had not yet left through the exit. As he moved around with his motorcycle, he never failed asking people around if they had seen a black car with two people in it drive by. Some had shaken their heads and others had pointed him toward the right directions. Eventually, he came upon the car. It was parked in a street corner. As he rode closer to it, he knew that the car was empty. He dismounted from the bike and checked the interior of the car. There was a patch of blood at the headrest of the passenger’s seat. He knew what had happened. Maria was already bleeding again from her wound.

Only if Maria knew that her condition was critical. Balewa was sure the two would be nearly; the bleeding showed that the girl needed medical assistance, so she would not be able to run as fast as she had been running before. Balewa was no longer interested in arresting Maria; the girl had suffered enough, all he wanted for her was just make sure she got the treatment she needed. He needed not to drag her back to prison. It was not even his job to bring her back; other policemen would be tasked with that. If she was able to elude them – after getting treated, of course – then good for her. Balewa now had his mid set on Peter Black. It was only so unfortunate that Maria allied with Peter of all people. He wondered if she would still have gone with him had she known the grievous crimes the seemingly innocent young man had done.

When he eventually arrested Peter, he would prove to her and the rest of the world than Peter Black was a monster, he was a plague that she always be avoided. The world would feel a lot safer if he was locked up in some prison where no one knew whether he existed or not. Then, only then, would Balewa have a rest of mind.

Once again, he asked people around there if they had seen a black-skinned young man and a fair girl come out of the car. Some of them were staring at him weirdly, only a few pointed him in the right direction.

He followed the directed path. It was a straight road, tarred but undivided. It was long, unbent. At first, he saw only cars and sellers of wares, but the road was not as crowded as the one around the National Arts Theatre. There were only a few traders on either sides of the road; indeed, traders are more than buyers, this showed that pedestrians were only few. He rode faster down the road, looking around, searching for his preys. His initial fear was that the two might have taken another turning, but he didn’t seem to notice any turning as he rode past.

Then he saw them.

They were still quite far away from him. They were like a dot on the horizon, a smidgen of existence. He was overjoyed. They had made a grave error by ditching the car; they probably thought he had been pursing them with other officers in patrol cars who would be searching for a black Mercedes. He increased the speed of the bike.

Then he made a grave mistake that cost him a lot. Knowing the kind of person Peter Black was, he shouldn’t have made that blunder; he was supposed to know better.

“Maria stop!” he called from afar; he had already spoken the words before he could stop himself, and he knew it was a grave error indeed.

They were not walking. The girl was tired. Peter Black would have loved to continue running but the girl couldn’t go on anymore. She was looking very weak now. The blood that was seeping from the back of her head had started to get conspicuous. He knew she needed medical supplies very fast. He was on the lookout for a pharmacy. He would have loved to take her to a hospital but he wasn’t willing to take that chance. It was because of Maria they were now in the open. Had she been all right, he wouldn’t have exposed them to this road, but he needed to get medical supplies, and it was in this public place he could find a pharmacy.

They had found a pharmacy after many minutes of walking. Peter had bought some band aid, cotton wool, hydrogen peroxide, surgical scissors, thread, and some other stuff and drugs Maria had also told him to get. He paid for the supplies and they left the pharmacy to continue their escape. Now they needed another vehicle. If they could find one, they would be home free. He would take her to his apartment and get her treated. Finally, he was sure they had shaken off Basket.

“Maria stop!” they heard the voice from behind. It was distant and faint but Peter could recognise the voice if it was a whisper, Maria too was too familiar with the voice to not know who it belonged to.

Black looked back and saw Basket speeding towards them on the same motorcycle. He knew running was useless now, and there was no way they could get a vehicle now.

“He’s coming!” Maria wailed, “Save me! Please save me! I don’t want to go back to jail! Please Peter, save me!”

Her words cut through his heart. He was sure he would give up his life for her right there if that would ensure her freedom. He looked into her eyes and said:
“Do you trust me?”

There was doubt in her eyes. Peter could see it.

“I know you are just knowing about me now. But I promise you that you’re not going back to jail. I need you to trust me.”

Her reply came in a soft whisper, a soft painful whisper, “I trust you.”

“I’m getting us out of here. He’s not going to catch us.”

Having said that, Peter looked back again; Basket was gaining very fast. He searched around. His brain working furiously. He lived for these kinds of danger; if he could not escape now, then he was no longer the Peter Black he used to be. He would as well change his name to something else.

He quickly crossed to the other side of the road to meet a woman selling okra. She had a basin of freshly ground okra that she was about to tie in bits in nylons for sale.

“Good afternoon, ma’am,” Peter greeted quickly and continued without waiting for response, “How much will you sell your okra to me?”

He didn’t wait for a reply either. He reached into his pocket and counted out money which he gave to her. Then he picked up the basin, poured its content in a bucket and added plenty water. He picked up the bucket and went to the road; he pretended to trip and allowed content of the bucket to splash across the road.

He returned the bucket to the woman who was looking at him as if he had gone mad. “Oops! I tripped.” He placed down the bucket.

The woman was telling him she would not refund him but Peter was no longer listening. He went to Maria and said, “Let’s go.”

Although he was still considerably far away, Basket was seeing everything Peter was doing but he didn’t understand why he was doing it. And by the time he realised what was going on, it was too late.

The wheels of the motorcycle glided across the floor and the handle began to wobble in his hands. He tried to control it but it was futile; he lost his navigation and balance. The motorcycle fell and rolled across the road. They both fell in a nearby gutter. He was not critically injured but his clothes and body were soiled with grimes and filths from the gutter; in fact, a few drops of the green algae of the gutter fell on his lips.

By the time he crawled out of the drainage system, Peter and Maria were already boarding a bus. He saw Peter cast one final look at him; the criminal was smiling. Balewa knew what that smile meant.

Peter Black was ready to play the game of cat and mouse with him, and Maria was the trophy.

11 Likes

Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 12:33pm On Nov 03, 2019
The next update shall be posted on Sunday. Thanks for following. For the PDF of other subsequent updates at N50 each, you can contact me directly on WhatsApp via 09061754872 smiley

Don't forget to buy Book 1 and 2 if you have not read them. wink

Cheers,

LSD

2 Likes

Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by OlufemiWhit(m): 12:55pm On Nov 03, 2019
Wonderful........ Bless up larry
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by jenifer007: 1:14pm On Nov 03, 2019
Thank you Professor Larry.....your level of intelligence is undisputed
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by King2019(m): 4:30pm On Nov 03, 2019
LarrySun:
The next update shall be posted on Sunday. Thanks for following. For the PDF of other subsequent updates at N50 each, you can contact me directly on WhatsApp via 09061754872 smiley

Don't forget to buy Book 1 and 2 if you have not read them. wink

Cheers,

LSD

the issue of okada books has not being resolved... please help me out
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by arfezces: 9:42pm On Nov 04, 2019
Thanks for this update, have been follow this story for so long now, I must say you are such a grate writer, I wish you more wisdom.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply)

The New Girl / THE UNKNOWN: The Mega-hit Series / Unrequited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.