Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,518 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Repairs - Car Talk (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Repairs (55863 Views)

Who Repairs AUDI Cars In Nigeria? / Car Repairs You Should Never Try To Do Yourself. / Any Experience With Thermocool Generators (after Sales Repairs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Repairs by olasworld(m): 1:03am On Nov 03, 2020
doctorgold:

Good afternoon and welcome back.
I have a scan code p2715 on my toyota corolla 2007.
When accelerating, it drags and revs up alot before changing gear. I have had a mechanic check transmission fluid quality and guage which was reported to be fine.
One even mentioned having to change a solenoid and bla bla bla.
What is your advice?

You fit check your Plugs and clean the nozzles to the engine block
Re: Repairs by ThatErha: 10:49pm On Nov 04, 2020
olasworld:

You fit check your Plugs and clean the nozzles to the engine block

This seems to be a transmission issue o.
Not engine issue.
Re: Repairs by ThatErha: 10:55pm On Nov 04, 2020
@RADAUTOWORKS

Welcome back.

Please let us know. How do we book an appointment?
Or should we just drive in first?
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 3:51am On Nov 05, 2020
ThatErha:
@RADAUTOWORKS

Welcome back.

Please let us know. How do we book an appointment?
Or should we just drive in first?

Hi!

Thanks smiley Appointments can be booked here https://www.mrtransmissionmilexnigeria.com/appointments

1 Like

Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 5:03pm On Nov 05, 2020
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 5:03pm On Nov 05, 2020
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 9:43pm On Nov 10, 2020
New shipment of drive belts just arrived. When serpentine belts break they can also flap around and cause A LOT of damage to the engine.

Stop buying poor quality belts when good ones with warranties are available for N5,000 up.

Re: Repairs by sultaan(m): 9:58pm On Nov 10, 2020
At 5k it is very cheap.
I had a mechanic get me one and he got runner belt with no metal braids, so many fake cheap parts in Nigeria.
Belts and most replacement parts are supposed to last 5-10 years. Manufacturers give 3 years 50k miles bumper to bumper warranty which is atleast 1/2 of expected lifespan of any part on the vehicle
Re: Repairs by londonerr: 4:15am On Nov 17, 2020
radautoworks:
New shipment of drive belts just arrived. When serpentine belts break they can also flap around and cause A LOT of damage to the engine.

Stop buying poor quality belts when good ones with warranties are available for N5,000 up.
Good morning, I need to fix a valve cover oil leak. Can blue devil oil stop leak work? If yes how much is it? 2002 ML320 Mercedes Benz... Or what alternative solutions do you have? Thanks.
Re: Repairs by sultaan(m): 5:20am On Nov 17, 2020
londonerr:

Good morning, I need to fix a valve cover oil leak. Can blue devil oil stop leak work? If yes how much is it? 2002 ML320 Mercedes Benz... Or what alternative solutions do you have? Thanks.

Just get a new pvc valve and valve cover gasket, don't take short cuts
Re: Repairs by londonerr: 6:32am On Nov 17, 2020
sultaan:

Just get a new pvc valve and valve cover gasket, don't take short cuts
The engine doesn't use pcv valve... Getting OEM valve cover gasket is almost impossible
Re: Repairs by intrepidjay1(m): 7:03am On Nov 17, 2020
A
Re: Repairs by Nobody: 11:09am On Nov 17, 2020
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 4:24pm On Nov 17, 2020
londonerr:

The engine doesn't use pcv valve... Getting OEM valve cover gasket is almost impossible

Re: Repairs by londonerr: 7:01pm On Nov 17, 2020
[quote author=radautoworks post=96143204][/quote]
Tau Mogale. Kindly assist.

1 Like

Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 10:40pm On Nov 17, 2020
londonerr:

Tau Mogale. Kindly assist.

Here you go https://www.nairaland.com/post/92790045
Re: Repairs by Stanleyallen17(m): 6:12pm On Nov 19, 2020
What can be used to service brake caliper pins and piston, without having negative effects like the rubbers expanding after some time. Please help.
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 4:39pm On Nov 23, 2020
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 10:34pm On Nov 23, 2020
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 2:31am On Dec 02, 2020
This post is to about two things.
1) people keep wondering why a woman chose this path
2) the myth about hybrids/electric cars in Nigeria.

So to answer number one, I grew up in a house full of men. Not any men, they were ALL engineers. My dad, my uncles, my cousins, engineers. So little wonder that tickled my fancy too. The post/pictures below are not my work but the work of one of the men in my family. In fact some of you may recall I mentioned him before as having a Tesla with no problems in Nigeria.

Well, guess what? HE BOUGHT ANOTHER TESLA. This time, it needed work and he rebuilt it! Even handled the computers himself cool

My point is hybrid/electric is not the big mystery everyone makes it. They are well worth buying and if properly maintained do not give problems. If you're looking for a car to take to kazeem, waka pass. If you take time to do your oil changes and routine maintenance when needed, it makes no sense NOT to buy a hybrid because of worries about skilled hands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBEw6_EXEbk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m6hb5usEMk

Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 2:44am On Dec 02, 2020

Re: Repairs by sultaan(m): 2:33pm On Dec 02, 2020
My best guess to this was a bent subframe from a Nigerian road hole.

But this situation perfectly describe my point of view on cars in Nigeria.
There is no expertise on the street for the current generation of cars desired by Nigerians, so its up to the owner to be informed on how to own the car of their dream and not just buy any.

If you are in Lagos and you want to buy a 2015 Chevy Tahoe as your family hauler, here is why.
Its is way cheaper to buy, no fear of robbery, and more luxurious than a Toyota Land Cruiser.
If Radauto has the parts and support for your car why not.

A 2011 Corolla might go for N3.5m, and a Ford Edge of same year for same price.
You can by the Corolla, use any roadside and your car will look like any roadside Corolla in a year if not stolen/vandalized before then. or you buy the Edge/Jeep get support from Radauto your car should be in a better shape in that same year.

If a car buyer know what they want in their car, get it as long as you know you have support for it at a price you can afford.

1 Like

Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 5:01pm On Dec 02, 2020
sultaan:
My best guess to this was a bent subframe from a Nigerian road hole.

But this situation perfectly describe my point of view on cars in Nigeria.
There is no expertise on the street for the current generation of cars desired by Nigerians, so its up to the owner to be informed on how to own the car of their dream and not just buy any.

If you are in Lagos and you want to buy a 2015 Chevy Tahoe as your family hauler, here is why.
Its is way cheaper to buy, no fear of robbery, and more luxurious than a Toyota Land Cruiser.
If Radauto has the parts and support for your car why not.

A 2011 Corolla might go for N3.5m, and a Ford Edge of same year for same price.
You can by the Corolla, use any roadside and your car will look like any roadside Corolla in a year if not stolen/vandalized before then. or you buy the Edge/Jeep get support from Radauto your car should be in a better shape in that same year.

If a car buyer know what they want in their car, get it as long as you know you have support for it at a price you can afford.

Well put. The car was imported with damage though simply so he could work on it. The bulk of the work was actually on the electronics.
Re: Repairs by Eddee(m): 2:57pm On Dec 07, 2020
radautoworks:
This post is to about two things.
1) people keep wondering why a woman chose this path
2) the myth about hybrids/electric cars in Nigeria.

So to answer number one, I grew up in a house full of men. Not any men, they were ALL engineers. My dad, my uncles, my cousins, engineers. So little wonder that tickled my fancy too.

This 'Engineering' family, wife-material vacancy dey? Asking for a good friend and brother cc: heavenlybang

1 Like

Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 3:31pm On Dec 07, 2020
Eddee:

This 'Engineering' family, wife-material vacancy dey? Asking for a good friend and brother cc: heavenlybang

Shortage dey of that gender for this family grin

1 Like

Re: Repairs by Eddee(m): 4:27pm On Dec 07, 2020
radautoworks:

No be for my turn (sorry my padi turn) grin - we know our onions

Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 5:23pm On Dec 07, 2020
Eddee:

No be for my turn (sorry my padi turn) grin - we know our onions

see gold!

1 Like

Re: Repairs by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:50pm On Dec 07, 2020
Eddee:

Thank you, my brother. cheesy

radautoworks:

No dey whine me. I'm aggressively looking a wife with big bumbum.
Re: Repairs by Eddee(m): 5:55pm On Dec 07, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Thank you, my brother. cheesy

No dey whine me. I'm aggressively looking a wife with big bumbum.

Na offine talk be this baba. This family has so much to offer brave men.
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 5:43am On Dec 08, 2020
Thought I'd drop the results of scanner giveaway challenge 8 here. The correct billing for both front and rear brakes and an oil change for 2009 v6 Camrys (and most late model Camrys) is a grand total of N81,011.49 with a one year warranty!

Front brakes N26k
Rear brakes N22k
Oil change N25k

Tell the truth, you thought it would be more cool

Re: Repairs by obidevine(m): 4:59pm On Dec 21, 2020
Radautoworks , my 2012 Toyota Camry needs your magic touch.

When I'm driving i hear some funny sound coming from inside the steering. A "kazeem" says it's the steering knuckle. I don't know how true it is.

I also want to change my 2 front shock absorbers. Especially the front passenger side shocks ( but you know you have to change them both).

My air conditioner also does not cool like it's supposed to.

I would also like to do a diagnostic scan to show me other underlying issues ( which I know you can fix).

1 Like

Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 8:01pm On Dec 21, 2020
obidevine:
Radautoworks , my 2012 Toyota Camry needs your magic touch.

When I'm driving i hear some funny sound coming from inside the steering. A "kazeem" says it's the steering knuckle. I don't know how true it is.

I also want to change my 2 front shock absorbers. Especially the front passenger side shocks ( but you know you have to change them both).

My air conditioner also does not cool like it's supposed to.

I would also like to do a diagnostic scan to show me other underlying issues ( which I know you can fix).

please email support@radautoworks.com or use this to set an appointment and we will take care of you https://www.mrtransmissionmilexnigeria.com/appointments

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (30) (Reply)

INNOSON MOTORS - World's First Black-owned Car Manufacturer / Imagine If All Dangote Trucks Were Built Like This (Photos And Video) / Luxury Audi R8 Car Worth Over N40million Spotted At Lagos Airport. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.