Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,413 members, 7,819,482 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Help! Am I HIV Positive? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help! Am I HIV Positive? (49972 Views)

Help Me Confirm If I Am HIV Positive / Help!!!! Am I Losing My Sight?? / I'm A Virgin HIV Positive Lady: Please Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by richPHAROAH: 11:41pm On Sep 19, 2019
Bleep you. man. u are here speaking big gramer. the fucck is serocovert abi wetin. bro u can spirocovert if you like. that virus shit doesnt stay outside for up to 30 seconds
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by Nanop1: 11:41pm On Sep 19, 2019
Officialgarri:
Calm down bro. Stop using Google to check symptoms of every thing that's wrong with you.... Google will give you hypertension.

That was how Google told me my headache was brain tumor and I was just there for a week thinking about life....

And so many others....

This ur comment show say u Don yash raw come chk Google B4 hospital test the symptoms wey Google giv u almost killed cuz it was like all was happening... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by marostan(m): 11:41pm On Sep 19, 2019
Kingdollar28:
wink
my guy my guy!! wink
U nyashed d girl wink

Tell us d truth.... She doesn't like condoms.... Finish dat part cheesy

grin
Kingdollar28:
wink
my guy my guy!! wink
U nyashed d girl wink

Tell us d truth.... She doesn't like condoms.... Finish dat part cheesy

Bad! Badoo! Baddest!
Lol!! That razor blade part come dey be like one Nollywood script..

2 Likes

Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by Midas01: 11:41pm On Sep 19, 2019
Hard guy hard guy but wan commit suicide untop HIV wey you no get.
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Sep 19, 2019
Ok
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by ohem007(m): 11:42pm On Sep 19, 2019
virago:

You can see he was asking a question so his heading is perfectly correct

Dude changed it...

Buh anyways not my problem though
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by princeFAD: 11:42pm On Sep 19, 2019
@op, haba, how could you be taking anti retroviral drug when you are not confirmed to be hiv+. You need to stop taking it. Go for test first. And like others have said, the virus cant survive outside condition, so you could hv been invected like that
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by Dearlord(m): 11:42pm On Sep 19, 2019
What is wrong with some people?

I don't know if there is any hospital here in Nairaland?
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by jovialswag(m): 11:42pm On Sep 19, 2019
Nigga don kpansh d girl grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by Parable007: 11:43pm On Sep 19, 2019
Dear OP from all you said, I strongly doubt that you have been infected with the virus, the chances are slim like very slim, because:
1. how sure are you that the razor have cut the lady before?
2. if yes how sure are you that its the same part of the blade?
3. if yes how sure are you that the virus last that long on the razor (which is rare because viruses really do not last long outside the human body, it would have been long dead even if the first 2 of the above mentioned are true.
never the less, what you are suffering from is a psychological traumer and not necessarily HIV and please before taking ANVD consult your doc. and after 3 months go for proper check up just to be sure.... if you have any complications at all or you need someone to talk to feel free to tall to me... stop thinking suicidal pls... one love bro.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by miketayo(m): 11:44pm On Sep 19, 2019
Starke:
I am a young professional sharing a room and parlour self contain with a friend. Now my friend has always been in the habit of bringing all sorts of girls to the house. This is a conduct which I have tried my best to ignore in order to allow peace to reign.

At some point he brought this particular girl and she stayed for sometime with us. From my conversations with her, she has an impressive body count and really dislikes condoms. At some point, she became very sick. Had white patches in her mouth and was very feverish. We had to take her to the hospital so she doesn't die in the house. The Doctor ran several tests on her and her HIV status was positive.

About a week later, I took my laptop to work and when I returned, I dipped my hands in the bag to retrieve my key only to be severely cut by a razor blade my roommate left in the bag. I asked him who owns it and he said he it belongs to the girl and he put it there hoping to dispose of it later. My heart bled. I rushed that night at about 9:45pm to Ikoyi military hospital to get PEP, but the hospital said I have to wait until the next day as the pharmacy had closed. The next morning at about 11:00am, after a lot of delay, I finally got the anti retroviral drugs.

Now after taking the drugs for about 3 days, the side effects were terrible and unbearable. I already had a subsisting kidney problem and the drugs was making it worse so I had to stop. What I want to know is what are my chances if I permanently discontinue the drugs? Am I going to seroconvert? I am scared shitless and if this happens to make me HIV+, I am seriously considering suicide.

Pls help me people.

Pls help me to move this post. I need to get as much input as possible.

calm down, if u r +ive it won't be because of the blade. the chances of contracting it from that blade is low, the virus can live 3-4 days on a blade on in open air and the blade had to have cut the girl before 3-4 days before it cut you.
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by PrimadonnaO(f): 11:44pm On Sep 19, 2019
ruggedtimi:
what about ur friend

No one is asking about this. Even the OP. Something's not right.

5 Likes

Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by Jones4190(m): 11:45pm On Sep 19, 2019
carry you HIV comot hare , don't come and nkechi. she will distribute the the all members
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by dominique(f): 11:45pm On Sep 19, 2019
Oga talk true. I don't think any pharmacist will administer PEP to you because you were cut by a razor blade lying idle in a bag. If you had unprotected sex, then you should the drugs diligently and go for test 4 weeks later. If you were only cut by a razor, chances of being infected are slim to none.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by ORJINTAIYKE(m): 11:45pm On Sep 19, 2019
Brother to be honest with you, she doesn’t like condom, mmmmm. What has that got to do with your story? Or is there something you are not telling us. Well, I understand the situation u are in . I don’t how long the lady used the blade before you had the cut. So I will assume that her blood didn’t come in contact with the blade and secondly on a 50-50 that the virus can’t stay that long outside a living host. My advice is for u to forget about Google and all that, if not you will just kill yourself. After a while, go for HIV test
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by Parable007: 11:46pm On Sep 19, 2019
Dear OP from all you said, I strongly doubt that you have been infected with the virus, the chances are slim like very slim, because:
1. how sure are you that the razor have cut the lady before?
2. if yes how sure are you that its the same part of the blade?
3. if yes how sure are you that the virus last that long on the razor (which is rare because viruses really do not last long outside the human body, it would have been long dead even if the first 2 of the above mentioned are true.
never the less, what you are suffering from is a psychological traumer and not necessarily HIV and please before taking ANVD consult your doc. and after 3 months go for proper check up just to be sure.... if you have any complications at all or you need someone to talk to feel free to tall to me... stop thinking suicidal pls...

1 Like

Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by jubrilELsudan: 11:46pm On Sep 19, 2019
Being HIV positive is not a death sentence. Majority of nigerian girls are HIV+ so if you have fvcked a 9ja chick without condom before then you got it from her and not the innocent razor blade.

Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by GREATESTPIANIST: 11:46pm On Sep 19, 2019
babzo:

Haba. Suicide because of HIV. Even people that have malaria and cancer dont commit suicide.
Malaria kills more people in a year than HiV has ever killed in 30 years.
Oga calm down.
The fear and stigma of HIV kills 100 times faster than HIV.

HIV just means your immune system is weak. And something as simple as a cold can kill you. BUT if you eat right (healthy foods) and take the medicine that is now readily available in Nigeria, HIV wont kill you.
No one needs to die from HIV anymore if they are not stubborn, but cancer and malaria are killing thousands every day.

The big issue with HIV is the stigma of sex. Everybody loves sex, but we like pretending that we dont. And everyone assumes that if you have HIV, you have been sleeping around. Yet is this current issue not because of simple razor blade?

People with HIV still marry and have kids.
People are making billions from HIV and they have to continue making those billions by scaring people.

Please oga, go and do a test in 4 weeks and calm down. No need to worry.

Go to the graveyard tonight, there are millions there who will gladly exchange their life for yours. Infact go to the hospital.
how do they get married, will the kids be infected also
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by Devilpen(m): 11:47pm On Sep 19, 2019
ITbomb:
Fish you no chop, bone wan come chuck you. Never!

Ask for the drugs side effects, you should be alright.
I doubt if the virus can survive that long outside a host
i thought the virus never dies
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by Rexnegro(m): 11:48pm On Sep 19, 2019
bro you are negative , cos the virus can't spend a sec in the air . go for test proper to clear your doubt that you are not positive.
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by sapeleboi(m): 11:48pm On Sep 19, 2019
if you read about words and opposite in primary school hit like and let's gather here

Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by Sirmuel1(m): 11:48pm On Sep 19, 2019
Devilpen:
i thought the virus never dies

You're right Bro. The virus does not die, thats why we were warned not to share those things. Once the virus comes in contact with a living cell, it comes alive. Abeg ignore that poster

2 Likes

Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by Ebenaba(m): 11:49pm On Sep 19, 2019
Yes, your suspicion is right. You have HIV.
I have run the tests here for you on NL and it's reactive, unserious element.
If you think you have HIV, do TEST first.
Have you even considered it could be Hepatitis cos that's the most likely thing due to the exposure period?

If you will keep swallowing those PEP drugs, you don't need to commit suicide, yea, cos you will later die and that will be a waste of rope.

I might sound harsh but this is how I pass this advice.

1 Like

Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by babzo(m): 11:50pm On Sep 19, 2019
GREATESTPIANIST:

No. Magic Johnson has had HIV for over 20 years. If you use the meds exactly as prescribed, a point comes when you cant transmit to another person again. But there are other options for marriage, condoms first, then intro for child bearing. Otherwise many hiv couples marry each other.
Most important thing is NEVER hide your status from a partner. Very bad to infect another person or even your own child.

2 Likes

Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by chinae(m): 11:52pm On Sep 19, 2019
Starke:
I am a young professional sharing a room and parlour self contain with a friend. Now my friend has always been in the habit of bringing all sorts of girls to the house. This is a conduct which I have tried my best to ignore in order to allow peace to reign.

At some point he brought this particular girl and she stayed for sometime with us. From my conversations with her, she has an impressive body count and really dislikes condoms. At some point, she became very sick. Had white patches in her mouth and was very feverish. We had to take her to the hospital so she doesn't die in the house. The Doctor ran several tests on her and her HIV status was positive.

About a week later, I took my laptop to work and when I returned, I dipped my hands in the bag to retrieve my key only to be severely cut by a razor blade my roommate left in the bag. I asked him who owns it and he said he it belongs to the girl and he put it there hoping to dispose of it later. My heart bled. I rushed that night at about 9:45pm to Ikoyi military hospital to get PEP, but the hospital said I have to wait until the next day as the pharmacy had closed. The next morning at about 11:00am, after a lot of delay, I finally got the anti retroviral drugs.

Now after taking the drugs for about 3 days, the side effects were terrible and unbearable. I already had a subsisting kidney problem and the drugs was making it worse so I had to stop. What I want to know is what are my chances if I permanently discontinue the drugs? Am I going to seroconvert? I am scared shitless and if this happens to make me HIV+, I am seriously considering suicide.

Pls help me people.

Oga there's nothing wrong with you, the virus can't survive outside a host after some seconds. The blade cut means nothing.
Run a test
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by stonecoldcafe: 11:52pm On Sep 19, 2019
Starke:
I am a young professional sharing a room and parlour self contain with a frie I am scared shitless and if this happens to make me HIV+, I am seriously considering suicide.

Pls help me people.

You are fine. By God's grace you dont have nothing. You took PEP within the required time. Besides unless that razor blade was dripping the infected blood when it cut ✂ you only then you may be infected. Chances are low. Do a test for your peace of mind n repeat again in 30days. You are going to be fine.

If all fails then remember hiv does not kill. Take your drugs religiously and you'll be fine. Its untreated hiv leading to full blown AIDS that kills.

Finally move out of that house. I suspect your flatmate. He knew the girl was infected yet put her blade in your bag. Who does that? I can bet he had unprotected sex with her and has hiv himself. Hiss. Misery loves company

7 Likes

Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by nairalanduseles: 11:55pm On Sep 19, 2019
U cant be positive the virus can not stay alive in its own for 5 seconds so be rest assured you re not

1 Like

Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by Ebenaba(m): 11:56pm On Sep 19, 2019
GREATESTPIANIST:

1. The normal way.
2. With the right medical procedures, No. I was told about it in my HIV club and it was plausible

2 Likes

Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by Chigold101(m): 11:59pm On Sep 19, 2019
Starke:

Pls help me people.

Calm down Brotherly...
You can't contact HIV like that because the virus can't survive more than 5 minutes outside the body.

2 Likes

Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by stonecoldcafe: 12:00am On Sep 20, 2019
nairalanduseles:
U cant be positive the virus can not stay alive in its own for 5 seconds so be rest assured you re not

True. As long as the blade had been exposed op is fine. @starke
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by nairalanduseles: 12:00am On Sep 20, 2019
If u kmow how many abanas we don chop raw
.....and never carry anything
My brother no lie u ya that babe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

My Girlfriends Have Left Me Because I Have Erectile Dysfunction / Seven Foods That Keep You Forever Young / Favour Lawal, Girl Born Without Anus Who Excretes Through Her Stomach (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.