Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,539 members, 7,823,362 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Help! Am I HIV Positive? - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help! Am I HIV Positive? (49981 Views)

Help Me Confirm If I Am HIV Positive / Help!!!! Am I Losing My Sight?? / I'm A Virgin HIV Positive Lady: Please Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by Mosco100(m): 7:42am On Sep 20, 2019
follow Jesus and always eat green vegetables
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by tomdon(m): 7:44am On Sep 20, 2019
You stopped cos you have kidney problen
What if you are positive and have to depend on the drug

1 Like

Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by Ournolly: 7:45am On Sep 20, 2019
babzo:

Haba. Suicide because of HIV. Even people that have malaria and cancer dont commit suicide.
Malaria kills more people in a year than HiV has ever killed in 30 years.
Oga calm down.
The fear and stigma of HIV kills 100 times faster than HIV.

HIV just means your immune system is weak. And something as simple as a cold can kill you. BUT if you eat right (healthy foods) and take the medicine that is now readily available in Nigeria, HIV wont kill you.
No one needs to die from HIV anymore if they are not stubborn, but cancer and malaria are killing thousands every day.

The big issue with HIV is the stigma of sex. Everybody loves sex, but we like pretending that we dont. And everyone assumes that if you have HIV, you have been sleeping around. Yet is this current issue not because of simple razor blade?

People with HIV still marry and have kids.
People are making billions from HIV and they have to continue making those billions by scaring people.

Please oga, go and do a test in 4 weeks and calm down. No need to worry.

Go to the graveyard tonight, there are millions there who will gladly exchange their life for yours. Infact go to the hospital.
Well said bro, nothing to add.
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by stan4guy6(m): 7:47am On Sep 20, 2019
Sirmuel1:
The last time I had unprotected sex, I vowed to stay away from sex or stick with masturbation if the urge becomes unbearable.

HIV is a very scary thing. I will rather use condom or abstain from sex! I can't risk my life for some dirty pvssy.
same with me bro.its more than a year now.
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by Neoteny(m): 7:52am On Sep 20, 2019
Fug you with that shitty razor story, you both did a double on that girl....
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by mechanics(m): 7:55am On Sep 20, 2019
Did you later do the test and were you confirmed HIV+ before taking the drugs, you don't just take drugs anyhow, that's drug abuse.

1 Like

Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by Nobody: 7:55am On Sep 20, 2019
Starke:
Lord Jesus! All these people accusing me of sleeping with the girl, I said I didn't f**k her. The girl prior to her illness was quite bubbly and I gist with her anytime am around. That's how I got to know all that, she was quite frank about her sex life. Moreover I am no saint and I have a gf I f**k on a regular basis.

For the ones asking why I'd take retroviral drugs when am not HIV+ should know that there a procedure called Post exposure Prophylaxis(PEP) which anybody can undertake when they have cause to believe they were in a risky position. The drugs will prevent you from becoming positive even when the virus enters your blood stream.
you have strength to answer them self. That girl was recently infected. Your friend should do a check up as well. But in all. Your exposure was a no risk one.
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by sikells(m): 8:02am On Sep 20, 2019
dominique:
Oga talk true. I don't think any pharmacist will administer PEP to you because you were cut by a razor blade lying idle in a bag. If you had unprotected sex, then you should the drugs diligently and go for test 4 weeks later. If you were only cut by a razor, chances of being infected are slim to none.
lol ...You don catch the Op....I think he had Sex with the Girl

1 Like

Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by FRS(m): 8:03am On Sep 20, 2019
Starke:
I am a young professional sharing a room and parlour self contain with a friend. Now my friend has always been in the habit of bringing all sorts of girls to the house. This is a conduct which I have tried my best to ignore in order to allow peace to reign.

At some point he brought this particular girl and she stayed for sometime with us. From my conversations with her, she has an impressive body count and really dislikes condoms. At some point, she became very sick. Had white patches in her mouth and was very feverish. We had to take her to the hospital so she doesn't die in the house. The Doctor ran several tests on her and her HIV status was positive.

About a week later, I took my laptop to work and when I returned, I dipped my hands in the bag to retrieve my key only to be severely cut by a razor blade my roommate left in the bag. I asked him who owns it and he said he it belongs to the girl and he put it there hoping to dispose of it later. My heart bled. I rushed that night at about 9:45pm to Ikoyi military hospital to get PEP, but the hospital said I have to wait until the next day as the pharmacy had closed. The next morning at about 11:00am, after a lot of delay, I finally got the anti retroviral drugs.

Now after taking the drugs for about 3 days, the side effects were terrible and unbearable. I already had a subsisting kidney problem and the drugs was making it worse so I had to stop. What I want to know is what are my chances if I permanently discontinue the drugs? Am I going to seroconvert? I am scared shitless and if this happens to make me HIV+, I am seriously considering suicide.

Pls help me people.

Pls help me to move this post. I need to get as much input as possible.
If your explanations are true, then you're 100% free from HIV. The fact is the virus can't survive outside its host for a long time. Even if there's a cut from an infected person, the blood must run in a (bleeding manner) before it can enter into the mucous membrane of the uninfected body.

However, our medical personnel should be able to ask questions before giving out Prep as it is not for everyone. But the truth is that oftentimes, people lie when explaining themselves to the doctor.

The lady should enrol for treatment immediately at any government hospital and the other guy should visit a testing center to ascertain his status.

But if you are planning to discontinue the Prep, then there is a need to consult your doctor.

2 Likes

Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by Nobody: 8:12am On Sep 20, 2019
ITbomb:
Fish you no chop, bone wan come chuck you. Never!

Ask for the drugs side effects, you should be alright.
I doubt if the virus can survive that long outside a host

Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by spiceadole: 8:16am On Sep 20, 2019
Kingdollar28:
wink
my guy my guy!! wink
U nyashed d girl wink

Tell us d truth.... She doesn't like condoms.... Finish dat part cheesy

Exactly
..after yanshing the girl..
He is now using razor blade gist to cover up
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by CaesarDon(m): 8:22am On Sep 20, 2019
Starke:

Am not a kid bro. If I f**ked her, I would have said so.

Hiv virus dosent live outside s his or in dried blood more than an hour, I've been in ur shoes before

You can be rest assured that you're negative

1 Like

Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by Sirmuel1(m): 8:29am On Sep 20, 2019
stan4guy6:
same with me bro.its more than a year now.

Na that one sure pass oh. You won't have reasons to be afraid.
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by skyfather09(m): 8:31am On Sep 20, 2019
Starke:
I am a young professional sharing a room and parlour self contain with a friend. Now my friend has always been in the habit of bringing all sorts of girls to the house. This is a conduct which I have tried my best to ignore in order to allow peace to reign.

At some point he brought this particular girl and she stayed for sometime with us. From my conversations with her, she has an impressive body count and really dislikes condoms. At some point, she became very sick. Had white patches in her mouth and was very feverish. We had to take her to the hospital so she doesn't die in the house. The Doctor ran several tests on her and her HIV status was positive.

About a week later, I took my laptop to work and when I returned, I dipped my hands in the bag to retrieve my key only to be severely cut by a razor blade my roommate left in the bag. I asked him who owns it and he said he it belongs to the girl and he put it there hoping to dispose of it later. My heart bled. I rushed that night at about 9:45pm to Ikoyi military hospital to get PEP, but the hospital said I have to wait until the next day as the pharmacy had closed. The next morning at about 11:00am, after a lot of delay, I finally got the anti retroviral drugs.

Now after taking the drugs for about 3 days, the side effects were terrible and unbearable. I already had a subsisting kidney problem and the drugs was making it worse so I had to stop. What I want to know is what are my chances if I permanently discontinue the drugs? Am I going to seroconvert? I am scared shitless and if this happens to make me HIV+, I am seriously considering suicide.

Pls help me people.

baba no fear... nothing dey sup
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by AFONJAPIG(m): 8:31am On Sep 20, 2019
U never won tell us the truth... U nyash the girl jooor spare us the crab, anyway possibly ur immune system can fight it off with the antiviral drugs if ur case is on advance stage... But if e Don tey u knack this girl and u never won go for test due to fear... Bro I am sorry to say this, u are HIV positives
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by FuckDaMods: 8:51am On Sep 20, 2019
grossintel:
Can you explain how the side effects are? Like was it that bad?
Very bad o.. It's almost like you are unconscious when you take it.
Like being totally drunk, your head will be feeling very heavy, the dizziness you feel is out of this world, you will be seeing double, loss of total focus, infact you can't spell 'boy' when you take that drug.
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by GREATESTPIANIST: 8:53am On Sep 20, 2019
grossintel:
If they take their drugs no the kids will not be infected. How do they marry? By marring of course. Who do they marry? Their girlfriend/boyfriend. Whether positive or negative. Lol, Nairalanders need to get some education.
wow, so much hope,.......we need the education on this like seriously o
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by heendrix(m): 9:03am On Sep 20, 2019
Starke:

Pls help me people.

instead committing suicide and going to burn eternally.....why not use ur HIV status to serve God wholeheartedly and later die to be with ur God in heaven cool

anyway I wish ur negative tho
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by Crown033: 9:03am On Sep 20, 2019
The blood last only 8 seconds outside the body, as long as the blade has been there for hours before it cuts ur hand, be rest assured that u r not infected.
Don’t think much my dear, u r free except u did smfin with her then u r not free.

1 Like

Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by hermesprogidy(m): 9:04am On Sep 20, 2019
Starke:

Pls help me people.

If you had sex with her, then you need to go for a test. But my concern also goes to the girl, your friend and their other partners. They all need to go for the test and get enrolled into care if positive. You can PM me privately to get them linked into treatment in any public facility on Lagos for free treatment.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by cedrix(m): 9:11am On Sep 20, 2019
First and foremost, the virus doesn't live that long outside a human host. So the chances of contracting are slim.

Secondly, you need to first do an HIV test to figure out before choosing to start the post exposure prophylaxis(pep) because it is optional

Thirdly, yes there are side effects with taking the pep, tenofovir(one part combination of the drug) can cause kidney damage hence worsen your condition. Discontinuing the meds may not be a bad option as not everybody does complete it due to the massive side effects of the pep but if it turns out you are positive having discontinued, there is a possible chance of resistance later on in future

Lastly, being positive isn't a death sentence, I have been opportune to manage so many people with hiv who have lived n loved everyday of their lives. Yours can't be any different.

In conclusion, do a test, seek medical advice outside here, as well as a psychotherapist too and be carefulf next time

1 Like

Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by mkoabiola: 9:12am On Sep 20, 2019
Kingdollar28:
wink
my guy my guy!! wink
U nyashed d girl wink

Tell us d truth.... She doesn't like condoms.... Finish dat part cheesy

The guy story does not add up jare
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by Allikola(m): 9:15am On Sep 20, 2019
Starke:

Pls help me people.

Don't worry over this HIV issue . Google "How to cure or protect yourself from HIV with black seed and honey remedy "
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by Allikola(m): 9:17am On Sep 20, 2019
For Black Seed, Honey, and other prophetic medicine, call 08031505760 08054642960
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 20, 2019
GREATESTPIANIST:
wow, so much hope,.......we need the education on this like seriously o
The Mods won't push educative threads on Frontpage, it's nudity they promote. HIV is not deadly, AIDS is the deadly one. HIV will advance to aids if left without drugs, it takes 10 years or less to get to this stage without drugs. Now do you know that Infection with one type of malaria, Plasmodium falciparum can kill a person in less than 2 weeks if left untreated? Something that can kill you in 2 weeks and something that can kill you in 10 years which one should you be afraid of? This is 2019 not 2002, HIV people live normally and with the improvements of ART drugs you will live like normal people do. The most important thing is knowing your status on time, if you don't check your status and it advances to AIDS then you're out of luck.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by Nobody: 9:19am On Sep 20, 2019
Bro I don’t think you’re positive it’s just your mind fvcking with you

I had a fling with a very raunchy girl in poly last year and then all of a sudden I fell really sick I googled the symptoms of the sickness and i was told that HIV stage 2. I almost killed myself. But it was just peptic ulcer

This thing is all in your mind just take your mind off of it then go for hospital check up to confirm. HIV is not that easy to contract.

P.s ignore all those people saying you slept with the girl them no wan help nah gist them just wan hear
Starke:

Pls help me people.

1 Like

Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by BRATISLAVA: 9:20am On Sep 20, 2019
post=82390824:

Do you mean you did not carried out any HIV test, and you just went ahead to get the retroviral drugs?

Let's start from there.

Who knows, all these may only be in your head/Subconciousnness!

Why must he wait until he tests positive before taking it? He can prevent it in a situation like this, and that's what he did. It's not in his head.
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by BRATISLAVA: 9:23am On Sep 20, 2019
tojahh:
Boss you have not HIV... It can hardly survive out a host for that long needless to say transferring to you.
Your fears are playing on your head already. You have been thinking of stuffs you've shared with your roommate whom might have the virus already as the girl is not a condom fan. Don't panic bro, you're fine. Discontinue the PEP and let your mind at peace.

If it doesn't exist outside the body, why is it that sharp objects carry the risk of HIV? Stop believing the things they tell you to stop the stigma. It is truly transmissible by sharp objects. The risk is only decreased after a certain number of days the object has been deprived of water and gained exposure.
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by MartinsD12(m): 9:38am On Sep 20, 2019
Starke:

Pls help me people.

She doesn't like condom meaning you slept with her
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by tojahh(m): 9:49am On Sep 20, 2019
BRATISLAVA:

If it doesn't exist outside the body, why is it that sharp objects carry the risk of HIV? Stop believing the things they tell you to stop the stigma. It is truly transmissible by sharp objects. The risk is only decreased after a certain number of days the object has been deprived of water and gained exposure. I have done volunteer work so I know.

You win
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by jeff2010(m): 9:52am On Sep 20, 2019
You should be asking a doctor this.
Explain your situation to them and the underlying kidney problem
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by sleekier(m): 10:07am On Sep 20, 2019
miketayo:

calm down, if u r +ive it won't be because of the blade. the chances of contracting it from that blade is low, the virus can live 3-4 days on a blade on in open air and the blade had to have cut the girl before 3-4 days before it cut you.

3-4 days or 3 - 4 minutes?
Olodo

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Seven Foods That Keep You Forever Young / My Girlfriends Have Left Me Because I Have Erectile Dysfunction / Favour Lawal, Girl Born Without Anus Who Excretes Through Her Stomach (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.