Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,215 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

Help! Am I HIV Positive? - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help! Am I HIV Positive? (49968 Views)

Help Me Confirm If I Am HIV Positive / Help!!!! Am I Losing My Sight?? / I'm A Virgin HIV Positive Lady: Please Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by peacettw: 6:30am On Sep 20, 2019
tpapi:
then y u r so scared, did u av sex with razor blade, or was d blade filled wit blood before it cut u , u r jus worrying unnecessarily, if u r sure u did not sleep wit her, then u better go for thanksgiving in church

I understand the op's psyche all too well. Unless you have been placed in the same position, you may not get it. Yes, the books tell us that the risk of getting it in the manner the op explained is minuscule but what if?

What if the virus the girl has is a mutant variant that can survive for a week?
What if the flatmate is the one who used the razor and not the girl like he claimed?
Why put the razor in the first place in someone else's bag? What is the flatmate's true intent?
Working on the above logic, how sure are we the flatmate who at this point may have the virus is not using the op's toothbrush and other personal items?
Just what if?

This isn't something you leave to chance. Good enough there are drugs that can be taken for a month so why not do that and improve the chances of reducing the what ifs?

Personally, I am of the opinion that the op should leave that place ASAP. It is a hot bed for all manner of blood transmitted diseases.
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by bluebay(m): 6:35am On Sep 20, 2019
There’s 90% chance you not infected because if it happens she used the razor blade like hours before you made contact with it, the blood cells on it must have died sir . Live your life sir for you are free.
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by mercyviv(f): 6:42am On Sep 20, 2019
The virus as I've learnt can't survive outside the host body for too long. One of the mysteries of the disease. However, you might have to take a test later on, but not so soon due to the fact that even if you've contracted anything, it will still take a while for tests to show that. There's the incubation period for this thing. My advise is, take a deep breathe and cool down. I definitely don't think you've contacted anything yet.
By the way, my heartfelt condolences to that your friend who slept with the lady, apparently without any "safety". God is his strong tower right now. If it turns out he didnt contact the disease after testing, kindly tell him to devote the remaining part of his years to the seminary. God loves him so much.
Meanwhile...
Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to the best compilation of school lesson notes/plans, curriculum and exams. Visit my signature for details...

1 Like

Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by Nobody: 6:42am On Sep 20, 2019
Starke:
I am a young professional sharing a room and parlour self contain with a friend. Now my friend has always been in the habit of bringing all sorts of girls to the house. This is a conduct which I have tried my best to ignore in order to allow peace to reign.

At some point he brought this particular girl and she stayed for sometime with us. From my conversations with her, she has an impressive body count and really dislikes condoms. At some point, she became very sick. Had white patches in her mouth and was very feverish. We had to take her to the hospital so she doesn't die in the house. The Doctor ran several tests on her and her HIV status was positive.

About a week later, I took my laptop to work and when I returned, I dipped my hands in the bag to retrieve my key only to be severely cut by a razor blade my roommate left in the bag. I asked him who owns it and he said he it belongs to the girl and he put it there hoping to dispose of it later. My heart bled. I rushed that night at about 9:45pm to Ikoyi military hospital to get PEP, but the hospital said I have to wait until the next day as the pharmacy had closed. The next morning at about 11:00am, after a lot of delay, I finally got the anti retroviral drugs.

Now after taking the drugs for about 3 days, the side effects were terrible and unbearable. I already had a subsisting kidney problem and the drugs was making it worse so I had to stop. What I want to know is what are my chances if I permanently discontinue the drugs? Am I going to seroconvert? I am scared shitless and if this happens to make me HIV+, I am seriously considering suicide.

Pls help me people.

Pls help me to move this post. I need to get as much input as possible.
No you don't have hiv. You can contact hiv through blades if it was used within minutes.
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by Afamed: 6:45am On Sep 20, 2019
This OP story , I totally disagree. No registered pharmacist will sell PEP for you on the basis of having Razor cut. It's 100% certain that the OP had unprotected sex with lady in question, or OP is really his acclaimed friend

2 Likes

Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by jidxin(m): 6:52am On Sep 20, 2019
Starke:
I am a young professional sharing a room and parlour self contain with a friend. Now my friend has always been in the habit of bringing all sorts of girls to the house. This is a conduct which I have tried my best to ignore in order to allow peace to reign.

At some point he brought this particular girl and she stayed for sometime with us. From my conversations with her, she has an impressive body count and really dislikes condoms. At some point, she became very sick. Had white patches in her mouth and was very feverish. We had to take her to the hospital so she doesn't die in the house. The Doctor ran several tests on her and her HIV status was positive.

About a week later, I took my laptop to work and when I returned, I dipped my hands in the bag to retrieve my key only to be severely cut by a razor blade my roommate left in the bag. I asked him who owns it and he said he it belongs to the girl and he put it there hoping to dispose of it later. My heart bled. I rushed that night at about 9:45pm to Ikoyi military hospital to get PEP, but the hospital said I have to wait until the next day as the pharmacy had closed. The next morning at about 11:00am, after a lot of delay, I finally got the anti retroviral drugs.

Now after taking the drugs for about 3 days, the side effects were terrible and unbearable. I already had a subsisting kidney problem and the drugs was making it worse so I had to stop. What I want to know is what are my chances if I permanently discontinue the drugs? Am I going to seroconvert? I am scared shitless and if this happens to make me HIV+, I am seriously considering suicide.

Pls help me people.

HIV Virus can only live for 7days outside its host
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by lessonsoflife: 6:53am On Sep 20, 2019
babzo:

Haba. Suicide because of HIV. Even people that have malaria and cancer dont commit suicide.
Malaria kills more people in a year than HiV has ever killed in 30 years.
Oga calm down.
The fear and stigma of HIV kills 100 times faster than HIV.

HIV just means your immune system is weak. And something as simple as a cold can kill you. BUT if you eat right (healthy foods) and take the medicine that is now readily available in Nigeria, HIV wont kill you.
No one needs to die from HIV anymore if they are not stubborn, but cancer and malaria are killing thousands every day.

The big issue with HIV is the stigma of sex. Everybody loves sex, but we like pretending that we dont. And everyone assumes that if you have HIV, you have been sleeping around. Yet is this current issue not because of simple razor blade?

People with HIV still marry and have kids.
People are making billions from HIV and they have to continue making those billions by scaring people.

Please oga, go and do a test in 4 weeks and calm down. No need to worry.

Go to the graveyard tonight, there are millions there who will gladly exchange their life for yours. Infact go to the hospital.

How often does one take the pills and how many pills per intake.
By how often, I mean, is it daily, weekly, or twice weekly.
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by phakinolol(m): 6:59am On Sep 20, 2019
My brother my Advice is for you to continue the PEP, it just for a month therapy,and the effect will be reduced as you continue the drugs, Just make sure u eat more fruits, and drink lots of water
Take care
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by CrazyScientist: 7:00am On Sep 20, 2019
Starke:

Am not a kid bro. If I f**ked her, I would have said so.

HIV virus doesn't last more than a day outside the human body, so the razor was pro'ly clean of the virus even if it had cut her. And stop taking those drugs, you'll only harm yourself.

Brace up and go for the test, but I'm sure you're fine.
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by Damopumping1: 7:00am On Sep 20, 2019
babzo:

Haba. Suicide because of HIV. Even people that have malaria and cancer dont commit suicide.
Malaria kills more people in a year than HiV has ever killed in 30 years.
Oga calm down.
The fear and stigma of HIV kills 100 times faster than HIV.

HIV just means your immune system is weak. And something as simple as a cold can kill you. BUT if you eat right (healthy foods) and take the medicine that is now readily available in Nigeria, HIV wont kill you.
No one needs to die from HIV anymore if they are not stubborn, but cancer and malaria are killing thousands every day.

The big issue with HIV is the stigma of sex. Everybody loves sex, but we like pretending that we dont. And everyone assumes that if you have HIV, you have been sleeping around. Yet is this current issue not because of simple razor blade?

People with HIV still marry and have kids.
People are making billions from HIV and they have to continue making those billions by scaring people.

Please oga, go and do a test in 4 weeks and calm down. No need to worry.

Go to the graveyard tonight, there are millions there who will gladly exchange their life for yours. Infact go to the hospital.
wat a gud moral....

Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by Ubdavis(m): 7:01am On Sep 20, 2019
Uncle u can lie !
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by sinaj(f): 7:03am On Sep 20, 2019
Starke:

Am not a kid bro. If I f**ked her, I would have said so.
Prep side effects are very terrible.

Btw you cant contact hiv via sharp object easily.
Hiv doesnt live outside the human body for long, especially if its exposed to air. It dies off in hours.

So relax you good to go, and try to take your mind of it else you would be experiencing other false symptoms.

Be careful next time tho.

Good Morning

1 Like

Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by babzo(m): 7:03am On Sep 20, 2019
lessonsoflife:

How often does one take the pills and how many pills per intake.
By how often, I mean, is it daily, weekly, or twice weekly.

Its usually 1 to 3 per day.
BUT best to follow the direction of YOUR DOCTOR. Otherwise get a better doctor. NEVER self medicate.
Charlie Sheen the famous American actor,had to travel outside America to a doctor in Mexico; now he tests negative to HIV. BUT he continues his medication.
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by deri4luv1(m): 7:09am On Sep 20, 2019
Continue the drugs sir, take it late at night just before you go to bed, Yes the side effects of the drug is terrible
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by Silenca: 7:10am On Sep 20, 2019
Bro, you have nothing to worry about. Just go and do HIV test to be sure since you don't know if the girl actually used it on herself or not and stop pumping drugs into your system in the name of stopping it besides you see its affecting you.

Besides all this, I would want you to know that I could help you with something that can get rid of the HIV and kidney issue just in case you are interested.
WhatsApp me on 07063216528
I wish you good health.
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by mamaa88(f): 7:13am On Sep 20, 2019
HIV is a retrovirus which means it doesn't survive out fluid or blood for more dan 1min.so dont be scared next time be careful
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by lexxyrule(m): 7:16am On Sep 20, 2019
Kingdollar28:
wink
my guy my guy!! wink
U nyashed d girl wink

Tell us d truth.... She doesn't like condoms.... Finish dat part cheesy

Mumu everywhere, lol
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by Maxvasia(m): 7:17am On Sep 20, 2019
sinaj:
Prep side effects are very terrible.

Btw you cant contact hiv via sharp object easily.
Hiv doesnt live after the human body for long, especially if its exposed to air. It dies off in hours.

So relax you good to go, and try to take your mind of it else you would be experiencing other false symptoms.

Be careful next time tho.

Good Morning
Dokita Sinaj. grin

Much less than hours though.

1 Like

Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by snowblaq(f): 7:17am On Sep 20, 2019
Starke:

Pls help me people.

You shouldn't have quit the drugs on your own. You should have at least reported back to the hospital for advice and probably a change of drug class.. ..How long ago did you stop the drug?. ..depending on your answer,if not up to a week.. .I'll advice you just continue on it or report to the hospital.. .and pray.. ..until you are through with the drug and rerun another test, you may not know if you have come down with HIV.
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by snowblaq(f): 7:19am On Sep 20, 2019
realstars:
The story is sweet but there are some hidden truth in it.

Why taken drugs if you are not positive.?

You don't need to be positive before taking PEP.. ..PEP is actually given to prevent you from being positive if you fear you may have come in contact with someone or something that may contaminate you with the virus.. .
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by lexxyrule(m): 7:20am On Sep 20, 2019
sinaj:

Good Morning

Goodmorning, how do you do?
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by Nackzy: 7:21am On Sep 20, 2019
Starke:

Pls help me people.

If truely you were cut by the Razor Blade, You Can't contact HIV, so you don't need to get scared, but from how you're sounding in this story you've been bleeping the girl without condom for some time, which means you might have contacted the Virus.. I wish you were able to say the truth so we know were to start from and help you, even a lawyer that stands for a criminal will ask the criminal for the truth first, so he will know were and how to start his defense

1 Like

Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by Chillflamz(m): 7:22am On Sep 20, 2019
AmazingELixir:
My friend gaan enrole yourself in your state HIV care programme if you had sex with the lady.

If it's just the blade cut...you're off the hook cos the Human immune virus cannot survive outside a host for long when exposed to air...once an infected fluid dries up the virus becomes damaged and die off.
viruses don' t die they are just inactive for the period till they find a suitable environment to thrive in....not trying to scare anyone tho
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by Platony(m): 7:23am On Sep 20, 2019
Kingdollar28:
wink
my guy my guy!! wink
U nyashed d girl wink

Aswear!! grin

For him mind, him dey write Nursery rhymes smiley
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by Nobody: 7:25am On Sep 20, 2019
Officialgarri:
Calm down bro. Stop using Google to check symptoms of every thing that's wrong with you.... Google will give you hypertension.

That was how Google told me my headache was brain tumor and I was just there for a week thinking about life....

And so many others....

This is very true grin
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by GOFRONT(m): 7:27am On Sep 20, 2019
Something must still kill a man
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by Adinije(f): 7:28am On Sep 20, 2019
The virus doesn't survive for long without a host. So the chances of you contacting the virus is almost next to none.
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by Platony(m): 7:28am On Sep 20, 2019
smiley smiley

Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by manontree: 7:30am On Sep 20, 2019
babzo:

Its usually 1 to 3 per day.
BUT best to follow the direction of YOUR DOCTOR. Otherwise get a better doctor. NEVER self medicate.
Charlie Sheen the famous American actor,had to travel outside America to a doctor in Mexico; now he tests negative to HIV. BUT he continues his medication.

The newer pills can be a single tab per day usually a three pill combo of travuda and efavirenz. Travuda is a two combo med containing Tenofovir and Emtricitabine in doses of 300mg and 200mg respectively. This is the usual single dose for PEP in Africa but efavirenz itself is no longer a recommended third tab combination due to its adverse side effects and a lot of resistance has been observed for it by most HIV virons in Africa

The most effective PEP combination currently in use is Travuda... Tenofovir and Emtricitabine in doses of 300mg and 200mg respectively and Delotogravir 50mg

That said the OP's story is PEP indicated. Bear in mind that not all sexual exposures are PEP indicated and a doctor would consider various factors before deciding that PEP may or may not be warranted. Infectious HIV has been isolated from hard objects 2 weeks outside the host. Various studies have indicated this to be the most HIV could survive outside its host. The gash to his finger wasn't clearly defined as the volume of inoculation is important in deciding the possibility of HIV transmission

In my opinion there is still a significant risk of infection since the source is a known HIV positive individual and PEP should be continued for the maximum 28 days period. It is good that PEP was initiated timely, which must be within 24 and at worst by 72hrs. Continuation of the medication is critical and the OP must restart it as soon as possible

Renal impairment has been observed for those using PEP but the impact is rarely significant and full return to normal renal levels almost always occurs once medication ends. The newer combo involving Travuda and Delotogravir has consistently achieved zero renal impact which is why they are the current best practice and most effective PEP in use

Good luck
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by eodavids(m): 7:34am On Sep 20, 2019
Kingdollar28:
wink
my guy my guy!! wink
U nyashed d girl wink

You bad no bi small.

You want to put words in his mouth?
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by Chapelbeatz(m): 7:35am On Sep 20, 2019
ohem007:
Brah.....

"I am" not "am i"

After the reggae play the blues..

I just got disvirgined yesterday
All is well with you brah
.how was the disvirginment?hope say u no use condom?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

My Girlfriends Have Left Me Because I Have Erectile Dysfunction / Seven Foods That Keep You Forever Young / Favour Lawal, Girl Born Without Anus Who Excretes Through Her Stomach (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.