Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,570 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:21 AM

Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority (41427 Views)

1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. / Audi A8 Reliability, Pls Advice / Reliability Of VOLVO XC 90 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by AmuDimpka: 4:53pm On Sep 24, 2019
chukel:
not true. I have used my 05 avalon for close to 6yrs now. Not a single issue.
Try to make enquiries from true users who actually maintain and not abuse their vehicles

ok

greenhulk:

Lol , oga that ur car dey suffer oh. For ur information ngk spark plugs are not sold for 1k for even Platinum abi na copper plug u dey use for ur Benz? And the way u call brand shows u know nothing about cars. There are different types of spark plugs, u can't just say ngk is 1k and Bosch is 2k5. There are some ngk iridium spark plugs that are more expensive than Bosch and vice versa. U just need to use the one recommended for ur car. But eat oh, 1k plugs for a Benz, omo I no go want drive that kind Benz.

Meanwhile, in which of my comments did I compare a Camry to any Benz? Is Camry the only car that Toyota make? Buy car according to ur needs and power. I don't even drive a toyota. U are just disgracing other Benz owners on this thread with ur 1k spark plugs.

NowI never said that I am a mechanic, I am just a lover of benz and that is What I have been driving and this is my second so If I go by the mechanic advise, do not blame me...but benz recommend Bosch but I dont know which one is Iridium, I started driving Benz with C180 nad apart from Airflow meter, I have never had any issues and the SUV is amazing...it rocks

Thats what it is...I don't know what you meant by disgrace ...dude, abi make I no talk my mind...been busy lately bro. I would research, we learn daily

2 Likes

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by Ayodaygee(m): 5:26pm On Sep 24, 2019
Originalsly:

Mercedes Benz is not for humble pocket people period....not even in the US where competent mechanics... prescribed fuel... new and used parts are all readily available. Just saying.

Thanks for this advice....got some info on how expensive the fuel pump of a C180 could be - N30k grin.

God dey!
Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by Ayodaygee(m): 5:29pm On Sep 24, 2019
9icetoo:
I'm yet to see a Benz thread where Toyota and Honda doesn't get mentioned.
And FFS, c180 and corolla are in the same category in car classing.
Argue with your keyboard on that.
Lest I forget, there is no Benz that can give the op what he wants. At least not any Benz made after after the bean counters took over.

Hmmm.....lost in thoughts.
Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by Ayodaygee(m): 5:32pm On Sep 24, 2019
AmuDimpka:

I wonder why they compare Lexus of Toyota to Benz...it's like using monitor lizard to compare an alligator...yes they are reptiles, yes they look alike but gator is more intense and immense

Also...Benz maintenance isn't that high...trust me, the plugs of Benz is just 1k , the oil filter of Benz is just 1,500, the shocks is about 25k for the four....and coming from Japanese background they are the same ...the only thing is that in Benz ...once you change the parts you can go to rest ! But Japanese every 5 months you do the changing....do you know the compressor for my Benz is 25k unlike Lexus that is about 60k , the catalyst is 30k for the four but in Honda pilots it's 50k , the power steering pump in Benz (ML) IS 25K While in pilot it's 28k.

So tell me how it's high and also in Benz it is built to German standard and be rest assured that it would last unlike these Asian brands

Sorry, which Benz model and year were you referring to for the pricing of these parts?
Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by Ayodaygee(m): 5:35pm On Sep 24, 2019
islandmoon:

that car is the most reliable Benz, go for espirit c180 if you need one in that range, but they are actually old and out of style

This should be the espirit model?

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by islandmoon: 5:58pm On Sep 24, 2019
Ayodaygee:

This should be the espirit model?
seem that one is with tick body badge, the espirit model I'm talking about usually come with a black body badge and not the shining silver like the elegance, a full tank will get you from Lagos to Kaduna without refuelling, but sometimes can't do without the noise and they are not quiet like the modern benz

2 Likes

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by VolvoS60(m): 8:01pm On Sep 24, 2019
AmuDimpka:

Oga that is the cheapest plug which is NGK..Bosch is higher and that is what Benz demands but that doesn't make NGK Bad though but Bosch is preferable which is about 2,500 and that is recommended.

Also...is only spark plugs only what you saw....why bringing in Camry in a discussion of Benz...you can talk Camry in the discussion of Honda Mitsubishi and Subaru not even BMW, Audi, Benz and Chrysler conversation bro

There are leagues so we all must play in our various division....bro

^^^
cheesy

The lady doth protest too much...

You can promote your 'Benz' without putting down Jap brands. In far too many of your posts you had something uncomplimentary to say about Jap cars. Why? Do you secretly pine for one? cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by chukel(m): 8:35pm On Sep 24, 2019
AmuDimpka:
You can get a great Nigerian used for half the price bro
I'm saying 2.8m for toks 04 is expensive

4 Likes

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by Essont(m): 11:33pm On Sep 24, 2019
This is not true, I am a proud owner of a w202 C180 and the fuel pump and filter cost only but 15k. that car is one of the cheapest car to use in terms of fueling and maintenance any day, any time.... Planning to upgrade to a w202 C230K soon.

Ayodaygee:

Thanks for this advice....got some info on how expensive the fuel pump of a C180 could be - N30k grin.

God dey!

3 Likes

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by AmuDimpka: 7:37am On Sep 25, 2019
chukel:
I'm saying 2.8m for toks 04 is expensive

My dear Benz don't come cheap...that is why it is Benz ...direct told 04 of any Benz is around 2.5 to 2.8 milli

2 Likes

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by AmuDimpka: 7:37am On Sep 25, 2019
Essont:
This is not true, I am a proud owner of a w202 C180 and the fuel pump and filter cost only but 15k. that car is one of the cheapest car to use in terms of fueling and maintenance any day, any time.... Planning to upgrade to a w202 C230K soon.

Tell them ....Benz isn't that expensive go maintain

1 Like

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by AmuDimpka: 7:39am On Sep 25, 2019
VolvoS60:

^^^
cheesy

The lady doth protest too much...

You can promote your 'Benz' without putting down Jap brands. In far too many of your posts you had something uncomplimentary to say about Jap cars. Why? Do you secretly pine for one? cheesy

I have been there and I started with the Japs ...but that doesn't mean I put em down...just that there is no basis of comparison

2 Likes

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by AmuDimpka: 7:41am On Sep 25, 2019
Ayodaygee:

Sorry, which Benz model and year were you referring to for the pricing of these parts?

Stop asking me questions...go to ladipo and make your findings

1 Like

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by Tosinalake(m): 8:41am On Sep 25, 2019
Pls I need a good lasting and fuel efficient car for ubar,advice me in which one to go for( UK used Corolla version,clean Nigerian used Corolla sport or clean Nigerian used benz 230 2003 model)
Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by Nobody: 9:05am On Sep 25, 2019
AmuDimpka:

My dear Benz don't come cheap...that is why it is Benz ...direct told 04 of any Benz is around 2.5 to 2.8 milli

Lol, u won't stop making me laugh. See the way u call the Benz like Mercedes Benz makes only 1 model of car. Well it is very easy for dealers to cheat u because of ur obsession with Benz so u think every Benz is expensive.

Well in case u don't know, Mercedes Benz lose values tremendously as they age (most luxury brands do but Lexus holds it's ground more than Benz). U can easily get a toks 04 m class for less than 1.8m, a c class for 1.5m. But try an 04 Lexus rx330, it's average price is still around 3m and an 04 Lexus es330 is still around 2m. U need to stay informed.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by chukel(m): 10:30am On Sep 25, 2019
AmuDimpka:

I say it us not true. How can you be quoting prices arbitrarily for things we are grounded in. Seems I will start importing 04 Benz. So much money. Direct 04 of any Benz cannot be between 2.5 and 2.8m. Be guided.

1 Like

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by chukel(m): 10:31am On Sep 25, 2019
greenhulk:

Lol, u won't stop making me laugh. See the way u call the Benz like Mercedes Benz makes only 1 model of car. Well it is very easy for dealers to cheat u because of ur obsession with Benz so u think every Benz is expensive.

Well in case u don't know, Mercedes Benz lose values tremendously as they age (most luxury brands do but Lexus holds it's ground more than Benz). U can easily get a toks 04 m class for less than 1.8m, a c class for 1.5m. But try an 04 Lexus rx330, it's average price is still around 3m and an 04 Lexus es330 is still around 2m. U need to stay informed.
thank you bro. The guy is living in fantasy world

3 Likes

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 25, 2019
chukel:

No be small fantasy. Na him type dealers go dey like. All they need is just tell him 'oga na Benz u dey buy oh' and his head will turn.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by AmuDimpka: 2:00pm On Sep 25, 2019
chukel:
I say it us not true. How can you be quoting prices arbitrarily for things we are grounded in. Seems I will start importing 04 Benz. So much money. Direct 04 of any Benz cannot be between 2.5 and 2.8m. Be guided.

I don't have the time to argue

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by AmuDimpka: 2:02pm On Sep 25, 2019
chukel:

This is a Benz conversation not some Japanese conversation..why do you guys always bring in Japanese talk in Benz conversation...I still don't get it

It's like bringing lizard talk in croc debate

2 Likes

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by AmuDimpka: 2:04pm On Sep 25, 2019
greenhulk:

Ọga na lie

1 Like

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 25, 2019
AmuDimpka:

But u are the one that said any 2004 Benz starts at 2.8m. So why are u showing us 2005 Benz at 2.3m?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by chukel(m): 2:32pm On Sep 25, 2019
AmuDimpka:

you are just contradicting yourself. Your statement says any 04 Benz is between 2.5 and 2.8m. Yet you posted 05 Benz for between 2m and 2.3m
Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by Eddee(m): 5:59pm On Sep 25, 2019
chukel:
you are just contradicting yourself. Your statement says any 04 Benz is between 2.5 and 2.8m. Yet you posted 05 Benz for between 2m and 2.3m

Person no fit follow una play at all for here grin grin grin
Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by AmuDimpka: 7:20pm On Sep 25, 2019
Ayodaygee:

Hmmmmm.....which year was his ML320?

What repair was the main culprit gulping his money?

Help me ask him.... I don't know the repairs that would gulp his money! Even the gear isn't upto 80k that is the 2000 - 2004 model

3 Likes

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by Ayodaygee(m): 8:11am On Sep 26, 2019
Tosinalake:
Pls I need a good lasting and fuel efficient car for ubar,advice me in which one to go for( UK used Corolla version,clean Nigerian used Corolla sport or clean Nigerian used benz 230 2003 model)

Don't use Benz for Uber oh..abeg grin grin

1 Like

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by AmuDimpka: 8:13am On Sep 26, 2019
Ayodaygee:
Cheki......has prices that are always inflated. Check out Jiji.

ok
Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by row2ray(m): 8:40am On Sep 26, 2019
I don't see anything wrong with the 1999 c180 w202, I own one.
Engine 45,000 to 50,000
Transmision manual 10,000
Transmission auto 80,000
Shocks 3,500 to 4000
Headlights, 4000
Rear lights 2000
Pointers 1,500
Axle 5000
Clutch disk 20,000
Clutch moon 4500
Compressor 35000
Fuel rail 3,000
Pump 8,000
Filter 2000
Coil pack (1) 4,500

That's all I can remember for now...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by jeraw: 9:15am On Sep 26, 2019
row2ray:
Engine 45,000 to 50,000
Transmission auto 80,000
Shocks 3,500 to 4000
Headlights, 4000
Rear lights 2000
Pointers 1,500
Axle 5000
Clutch disk 20,000
Clutch moon 4500
Compressor 35000
Fuel rail 3,000
Pump 8,000
Filter 2000
Coil pack (1) 4,500

are you for real??
Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by AmuDimpka: 9:53am On Sep 26, 2019
row2ray:
Engine 45,000 to 50,000
Transmission auto 80,000
Shocks 3,500 to 4000
Headlights, 4000
Rear lights 2000
Pointers 1,500
Axle 5000
Clutch disk 20,000
Clutch moon 4500
Compressor 35000
Fuel rail 3,000
Pump 8,000
Filter 2000
Coil pack (1) 4,500

You are right, that car is awesome....the compressor of ML320 (2005) that I am driving is 30k , the shocks is 25k for the 4 , the filter is 1,500, the ignition coil is 3k, the gear is 60k

And these things rarely get spoiled. Benz is a good brand.

But the ML headlamp the new model is about 45k to 50k last price! The ordinary headlamp is about 15k!

The only thing that is expensive in Benz to my own knowledge is the body parts

Like the back bumper of my car ...with sensor is about 130k without sensor is about 60k ...the same thing with the front bumpers.

The side mirrow casing with led indicator is 10k with the whole mirror setting is 30k ....the full windscreen is 20k

I. Talking from experience

7 Likes

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by AmuDimpka: 9:54am On Sep 26, 2019
jeraw:
are you for real??

Yeah he is right, that was the car I was driving before I got the SUV Benz
Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by CarGuideNG: 2:26pm On Sep 26, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Innoson Making Fighter Jet Parts - CNN / Best Way To Ship A Car To Lagos? / Which Car Has The Coolest Air Conditioning System?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.