Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority (41543 Views)

1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. / Audi A8 Reliability, Pls Advice / Reliability Of VOLVO XC 90 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by RZArecta2(m): 10:50am On Sep 27, 2019
druz:
Bought a Ml500 2002 January dis year, till date I haven't done any repairs just service it every 5000 miles and I drive it to wrk every day,
grin messed up one Chevrolet suv guy with this baby on the East-West road some years ago, had the sports edition. I still miss her badly cool

3 Likes

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by luckaz(m): 11:03am On Sep 27, 2019
Ayodaygee:

The great part is they are quite cheap.

You can check out:

www.autoscout24.com

Being that you are shipping from Germany (Europe), you don't spend so much. Maybe €400...not so sure.

Thanks... Any idea how much clearing will be for that kind of car?

1 Like

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by larrypourl(m): 12:35pm On Sep 27, 2019
AmuDimpka:

You are right, that car is awesome....the compressor of ML320 (2005) that I am driving is 30k , the shocks is 25k for the 4 , the filter is 1,500, the ignition coil is 3k, the gear is 60k

And these things rarely get spoiled. Benz is a good brand.

But the ML headlamp the new model is about 45k to 50k last price! The ordinary headlamp is about 15k!

The only thing that is expensive in Benz to my own knowledge is the body parts

Like the back bumper of my car ...with sensor is about 130k without sensor is about 60k ...the same thing with the front bumpers.

The side mirrow casing with led indicator is 10k with the whole mirror setting is 30k ....the full windscreen is 20k

I. Talking from experience

Are you for real ?

2002 corolla front shock absorber is 18k not even OEM ooo original is around 35k.

Engine of 1998-2002 corolla is over 200k

3 Likes

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by sauceEEP(m): 1:16pm On Sep 27, 2019
greenhulk:

The plugs of Benz is just 1k lol. Even the plugs of a Camry is not 1k, but with this comment of urs I rest my case because it would be pointless to argue with u. So tell me, u drive a luxury car and buy spark plugs of 1k. Says enough.

Out of curiosity, what model of ML are u talking about?
Not ML na 2016 GLE 450 grin
Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by sammy199(m): 5:14pm On Sep 27, 2019
greenhulk:

Lol, u won't stop making me laugh. See the way u call the Benz like Mercedes Benz makes only 1 model of car. Well it is very easy for dealers to cheat u because of ur obsession with Benz so u think every Benz is expensive.

Well in case u don't know, Mercedes Benz lose values tremendously as they age (most luxury brands do but Lexus holds it's ground more than Benz). U can easily get a toks 04 m class for less than 1.8m, a c class for 1.5m. But try an 04 Lexus rx330, it's average price is still around 3m and an 04 Lexus es330 is still around 2m. U need to stay informed.
pls friends wat is the price range of a 1998 tokunbo Nissan primera, and also 1998 Nissan Almera?
Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by AmuDimpka: 6:40pm On Sep 27, 2019
larrypourl:

Are you for real ?

2002 corolla front shock absorber is 18k not even OEM ooo original is around 35k.

Benz engine is cheap because nobody buys them .... The engine rarely dies!

The C230 (2000)engine is around 60k
ML 320 engine (2000 - 2004) engine is around 90k

The shocks of ML 320, ML450 is around 25k - 30k because they rarely die and it's OEM specified

So do the maths

4 Likes

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by AmuDimpka: 6:41pm On Sep 27, 2019
greenhulk:

So because Lexus is a sub brand of Toyota it means all Lexus cars are rebarged Toyota? Pls continue with ur ignorance.

It is just a rebarged Toyota... They virtually use the same parts ... It's just Toyota with fancy seats

2 Likes

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 27, 2019
larrypourl:

Are you for real ?

Both parts OEM are not different in prices.

1 Like

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 27, 2019
Logobenz:
I am also a Benz owner bros smiley
You don't know how to use a Mercedes Benz. When you get the philosophy of Benz ownership.... You'll understand me

3 Likes

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by kingreign(m): 3:24am On Sep 28, 2019
noble71:

Bro you are lucky. Toyota Avalon electrical issue no be here. I can never recommend it to anyone.

Kai! Kazeem don use this one play koroso taya. Chaiiiii!

2 Likes

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by kingreign(m): 3:33am On Sep 28, 2019
larrypourl:

Are you for real ?

Na when you buy the Benz you go know say your 2002 corolla na very reliable strong go anywhere vehicle. Value that your corolla.
Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by VolvoS60(m): 4:38am On Sep 28, 2019
AmuDimpka:

I have been there and I started with the Japs ...but that doesn't mean I put em down...just that there is no basis of comparison

^^^
cheesy

You will soon come back 'home'.

Once you go "Jap", you'll never go back... wink
Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by AmuDimpka: 6:18am On Sep 28, 2019
VolvoS60:

^^^
cheesy

You will soon come back 'home'.

Once you go "Jap", you'll never go back... wink

I don't think so because anywhere where the mind is at rest is home ! I am at home with Benz! I enjoy the drive, the handling, the sound and above especially the prestige !

Lord is with me and I would be fine

5 Likes

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by AmuDimpka: 6:19am On Sep 28, 2019
noble71:

Bro you are lucky. Toyota Avalon electrical issue no be here. I can never recommend it to anyone.

Exactly, na wetin make me run away from that 2009 model for Benz ML
Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by Nobody: 7:01am On Sep 28, 2019
kingreign:

Na when you buy the Benz you go know say your 2002 corolla na very reliable strong go anywhere vehicle. Value that your corolla.

Reliability bawo. E Klasse is far better than the Coro in anything. Good morning. Sorry for involving you in my banter with madam ishilove

5 Likes

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by Nobody: 7:02am On Sep 28, 2019
AmuDimpka:

I don't think so because anywhere where the mind is at rest is home ! I am at home with Benz! I enjoy the drive, the handling, the sound and above especially the prestige !

Lord is with me and I would be fine

I don't know when these guys are going to get it. Benz usage is a philosophy, a way of life... It's not a sports car

5 Likes

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by Nobody: 7:03am On Sep 28, 2019
sammy199:
pls friends wat is the price range of a 1998 tokunbo Nissan primera, and also 1998 Nissan Almera?
We're talking MERCEDES BENZ here

6 Likes

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by larrypourl(m): 12:39pm On Sep 28, 2019
kingreign:

Bros I value that car ooo. The oil consumption is the annoying thing which comes as a factory fault.
Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by AmuDimpka: 4:29pm On Sep 28, 2019
Smartchoiice:

I don't know when this guys are going to get it. Benz usage is a philosophy, a way of life... It's not a sports car

They might not get it after all

2 Likes

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by AmuDimpka: 4:32pm On Sep 28, 2019
kingreign:

You are here again with this your corrola mentality..are you done in the other Benz thread and you have brought that here

Okay, we have heard that Corolla is the best thing after sliced bread

Can we have our Benz discussion in peace ?

Thank you for the anticipated cooperation!

8 Likes

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 28, 2019
AmuDimpka:

They might not get it after all
It's a delicate thingy
Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by AmuDimpka: 4:41pm On Sep 28, 2019
Smartchoiice:

It's a delicate thingy

The most annoying thing is showcasing their insecurity by bringing Toyota talk in Benz conversation

3 Likes

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by Nobody: 4:42pm On Sep 28, 2019
AmuDimpka:

The most annoying thing is showcasing their insecurity by bringing Toyota talk in Benz conversation
Leave my friend who drives the RX 300.....

2 Likes

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by kingreign(m): 4:45pm On Sep 28, 2019
AmuDimpka:

You are here again with this your corrola mentality..are you done in the other Benz thread and you have brought that here

Okay, we have heard that Corolla is the best thing after sliced bread

Can we have our Benz discussion in peace ?

Thank you for the anticipated cooperation!

Shut your mouth. Who the fvck are you to hush me?

Did i mention you that made you face me? Better bewarned.
Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by Nobody: 4:48pm On Sep 28, 2019
kingreign:

Cyberpeace bro

4 Likes

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by naijadrivablog: 7:37pm On Sep 28, 2019
Ayodaygee:
My quick take:

The W202 model years for the C class are affordable and reliable.

The C class W202 was manufactured between 1993 - 2000.

Because of the satisfaction that is derived from style and elegance, it is advisable to tilt towards those manufactured in 1999/2000.

Now you can go for:

• C180, C230/C240

Avoid the Kompressor upgrade.

If you love speed - go for the C230/C240 V6. Being a 6 cylinder engine they deliver between 150 - 160hp.

However, if you ain't into speeding then the C180 (4 cylinder) is great at 129hp.

To perfectly understand what the effects of the "hp" means:

• Compare it with the power you feel while accelerating optimally with a Honda Accord 2003 - 05 with 160hp (5500rpm, 4cyl).

• And a Toyota Camry 2003 - 05 with 157hp (500rpm, 4cyl).

Now its easy to make your pick cool

Though am loving the W203 (2001 - 2007) C180 - (2002) right now grin

Why are you advicing against the KOMPRESSOR upgrade? Throw more light on that pls.

I am eyeing a C230 Kompressor

1 Like

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by Ayodaygee(m): 7:59pm On Sep 28, 2019
kingreign:

Bros...nah play him dey play with u nah cheesy

1 Like

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by Ayodaygee(m): 8:04pm On Sep 28, 2019
naijadrivablog:

Why are you advicing against the KOMPRESSOR upgrade? Throw more light on that pls.

I am eyeing a C230 Kompressor

Heard its actually difficult repairing it (Engine Kompressor) when its faulty.

Thus you are advised to buy a new one.

However, I think the Kompressor for the W202 and W203 are affordable.

I can't vouch for more recent models sha.... grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by Ayodaygee(m): 8:06pm On Sep 28, 2019
@smartchoice and @AmuDimpka....I am feeling u guys johr cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by naijadrivablog: 8:31pm On Sep 28, 2019
Ayodaygee:

Heard its actually difficult repairing it (Engine Kompressor) when its faulty.
Thus you are advised to buy a new one.
However, I think the Kompressor for the W202 and W203 are affordable.
I can't vouch for more recent models sha.... grin
The intake for the kompressor is positioned behind the fan
Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by AmuDimpka: 6:47am On Sep 29, 2019
kingreign:

Thank you for the anticipated cooperation

6 Likes

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by AmuDimpka: 6:47am On Sep 29, 2019
Ayodaygee:
@smartchoice and @AmuDimpka....I am feeling u guys johr cheesy

Thank you bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Best Way To Ship A Car To Lagos? / Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! / Coscharis Introduces The First BMW X7 (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.