Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority - Car Talk (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority (41503 Views)

1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. / Audi A8 Reliability, Pls Advice / Reliability Of VOLVO XC 90 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by NEEZY5565(m): 2:32am On Oct 07, 2019
Please
I would like to do UBER and I didn't want to use the regular Toyota cars because of the tag and disrespectf users experience at airports, with police and I realized the Nigerian used Benz(c class c 230/320 kompressor) re cheaper than toyota
So I was thinking to get benz
Kindly give me a candid advice on which Benz I can buy that will be economical for uber(fuel,rugedity,spare part cost)

and please, if there re other cheap, classy, economical vehicle suitable for the UBER purpose kindly suggest too... Aside Toyota and Honda please.

NB it a borrowed money but the car would belong to me after paying up. Plus I don't ve a job aside the proposed UBER.
I appreciate..

3 Likes

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by Blanc8(m): 10:46am On Oct 07, 2019
NEEZY5565:
Please
I would like to do UBER and I didn't want to use the regular Toyota cars because of the tag and disrespectf users experience at airports, with police and I realized the Nigerian used Benz(c class c 230/320 kompressor) re cheaper than toyota
So I was thinking to get benz
Kindly give me a candid advice on which Benz I can buy that will be economical for uber(fuel,rugedity,spare part cost)

and please, if there re other cheap, classy, economical vehicle suitable for the UBER purpose kindly suggest too... Aside Toyota and Honda please.

NB it a borrowed money but the car would belong to me after paying up. Plus I don't ve a job aside the proposed UBER.
I appreciate..

Please create a new topic for this post, it will get the desired attention, advise from the gods

1 Like

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by AmuDimpka: 9:28pm On Oct 09, 2019
Ayodaygee:

You guys are the bomb.

These are the figures we all need. cheesy

I priced the brake light switch, it's 3k
The oil I use is Mobil 2
The gear oil is star oild which is 2k per litre

2 Likes

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by Ayodaygee(m): 11:40pm On Oct 09, 2019
AmuDimpka:

I priced the brake light switch, it's 3k
The oil I use is Mobil 2
The gear oil is star oild which is 2k per litre

grin thanks boss
Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by awetaiye2015: 4:09pm On Oct 10, 2019
Someone should please guide me on ML350 4matic 2007-2009 model on
1. Fuel economy
2. Cost of Maintenance
3. Parts
4. Major repair issue (s)
5. Reliability.

This will be highly appreciated..

1 Like

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by Ayodaygee(m): 7:58pm On Oct 10, 2019
This was posted earlier by @AmuDimpka.

I hope it helps.

You are right, that car is awesome....the compressor of ML320 (2005) that I am driving is 30k , the shocks is 25k for the 4 , the filter is 1,500, the ignition coil is 3k, the gear is 60k

And these things rarely get spoiled. Benz is a good brand.

But the ML headlamp the new model is about 45k to 50k last price! The ordinary headlamp is about 15k!

The only thing that is expensive in Benz to my own knowledge is the body parts

Like the back bumper of my car ...with sensor is about 130k without sensor is about 60k ...the same thing with the front bumpers.

The side mirrow casing with led indicator is 10k with the whole mirror setting is 30k ....the full windscreen is 20k

I. Talking from experience

awetaiye2015:
1. Fuel economy
2. Cost of Maintenance
3. Parts
5. Reliability.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by AmuDimpka: 6:17am On Oct 11, 2019
awetaiye2015:
1. Fuel economy
2. Cost of Maintenance
3. Parts
5. Reliability.

It is a good suv also and if you stay in Lagos the parts are very available and not all that expensive apart from. Engine... Though the engine rarely dies

If you have money go for it

3 Likes

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by Ayodaygee(m): 9:06pm On Oct 13, 2019
Ayodaygee:
Anyone with the C240 (2001 - 2003) W203 (not 4matic)?

Please give us the price for the:
* Engine
* Gear box
* Shocks
* Anything that goes bad often

If you own a C320 W203 (not 4matic), u can give us same details.

Thanks. cheesy

Got these info lately:

C240 W203 2001/02
M112 Engine

Engine - Around #150k

Gear box (Auto) - #70k

The prices are surely slightly negotiable. grin
Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by ajog1: 9:17am On Oct 19, 2019
digitalman2811:
If you are the type that doesn't give a damn to what people think,say or feel,mehn,i will go for w124,that car is a beast.
I have got that particular model and she's simply phenomenal. There has been no change of any major parts since it was bought 14 years ago and despite her huge in-line six cylinder engine, it's still got a decent fuel economy. But the Mass air flow sensor got faulty of late and it has been a nightmare. Have you ever had any of such issues and has anyone ever attempted cleaning theirs with a Mass air flow sensor cleaner.
Please I would appreciate your response and that of the house in general!

2 Likes

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by AmuDimpka: 8:32pm On Oct 19, 2019
ajog1:

I have got that particular model and she's simply phenomenal. There has been no change of any major parts since it was bought 14 years ago and despite her huge in-line six cylinder engine, it's still got a decent fuel economy. But the Mass air flow sensor got faulty of late and it has been a nightmare. Have you ever had any of such issues and has anyone ever attempted cleaning theirs with a Mass air flow sensor cleaner.
Please I would appreciate your response and that of the house in general!

Air mass is the simplest issue...just buy new one ...they are available here in lagos

1 Like

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by AmuDimpka: 8:33pm On Oct 19, 2019
Ayodaygee:

Got these info lately:

C240 W203 2001/02

Engine - Around #150k

Gear box (Auto) - #70k

The prices are surely slightly negotiable. grin

ML engine 100k
Borale around 80k.
Engine belt ...3k.
Pulley.....2k5.
Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by paix(m): 9:00pm On Oct 19, 2019
I have always been a Toyota man. I now want to test the Benz but I don't know which to go for. I am currently using Avensis 2009.
Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by Ayodaygee(m): 8:39am On Oct 20, 2019
paix:
I have always been a Toyota man. I now want to test the Benz but I don't know which to go for. I am currently using Avensis 2009.

First, attempt to cruise one....and have that feel. grin

1 Like

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by paix(m): 6:41pm On Oct 20, 2019
Ayodaygee:

First, attempt to cruise one....and have that feel. grin
Which would you suggest?
Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by Okuzzie: 1:50am On Oct 23, 2019
I have MBc240 .. location Ibadan
AmuDimpka:

Let's wait.... Users of that brand would contact you... Haven't used it

1 Like

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by Okuzzie: 1:59am On Oct 23, 2019
Don't go for compressor , d engine is not rugged , try v6, I used one
naijadrivablog:

Why are you advicing against the KOMPRESSOR upgrade? Throw more light on that pls.

I am eyeing a C230 Kompressor
Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by kkulaja(m): 8:54am On Oct 23, 2019
Okuzzie:
Don't go for compressor , d engine is not rugged , try v6, I used one

Not all the compressor though
The M271 AKA Blacktop is known not to be friendly,most people I know who has d engine is always fixing one problem or another

It is the only Benz engine I know that gulps money
Others is just to service and go in Peace

1 Like

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by Ayodaygee(m): 9:09am On Oct 25, 2019
paix:
Which would you suggest?

The E series are great.

But if the pocket modest...like me grin, then you can do no wrong with the C240. cool
Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by Ayodaygee(m): 9:12am On Oct 25, 2019
paix:

If you drove the Avensis which is not as big as the Camry, then you can tilt towards the C class or E class.

C240.....give it a try. C320...if you love to speed grin
Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by paix(m): 9:40am On Oct 25, 2019
Ayodaygee:

If you drove the Avensis which is not as big as the Camry, then you can tilt towards the C class or E class.

C240.....give it a try. C320...if you love to speed grin
Yes, I would prefer the C320. But is it E320 or C320? How's the maintenance cost?
Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by Ayodaygee(m): 9:43am On Oct 25, 2019
Okuzzie:
I have MBc240 .. location Ibadan

Bros...how is the cost of maintaining one like?

How much is the engine and gear box?

the engine is M112, 2.6L right?
Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by paix(m): 10:06am On Oct 25, 2019
Ayodaygee:

The E series are great.

But if the pocket modest...like me grin, then you can do no wrong with the C240. cool
I like the E series. Price range please.
Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by Waterbear(m): 12:45pm On Oct 25, 2019
He is right...
The M112 6 cylinder engine id the strongest cheapest easiest maintained
The engine cost about 110k, or less, gear box aka transmission amounts 30-45k and the parts are avaliable anywhere you searched for it...

Ive got this one in my picture, incase you like it DM me..
I bought it tokunbo on June, pimped it up, has all documents and custom papers cleared fully paid and intact..no issues on the car everything works from bonnet to exhaust ... �

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by Waterbear(m): 12:50pm On Oct 25, 2019
Inside..

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by Waterbear(m): 12:51pm On Oct 25, 2019
Side view

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by Waterbear(m): 12:52pm On Oct 25, 2019
Pimped front

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by Ayodaygee(m): 12:12pm On Oct 26, 2019
Waterbear:
He is right...
The M112 6 cylinder engine id the strongest cheapest easiest maintained
The engine cost about 110k, or less, gear box aka transmission amounts 30-45k and the parts are avaliable anywhere you searched for it...

Ive got this one in my picture, incase you like it DM me..
I bought it tokunbo on June, pimped it up, has all documents and custom papers cleared fully paid and intact..no issues on the car everything works from bonnet to exhaust ... �

Bros, this is a great ride.

Really, really cool ride.

So the M112 engine and gearbox is this affordable.

Thanks for these detailed info.... grin

I love your ride...But am going manual transmission....or else.... cheesy
Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by Ayodaygee(m): 12:15pm On Oct 26, 2019
Waterbear:
Side view

By the way...hope u are not leaving the Benz family by selling your C240?
Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by mustydeen(m): 7:50pm On Oct 26, 2019
AmuDimpka:

You would get it at ladipo or maybe I can give you my mechanic number if you are in Lagos ....

Cho Cho Cho.

Benz, benz, and you know nada. Just keep kwayet and learn.

Everything ladipo,reading your comments on this thread just be giving one headache, dem correct you, you no green wan learn. Arhg
Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by AmuDimpka: 10:59pm On Oct 26, 2019
mustydeen:

Cho Cho Cho.

Benz, benz, and you know nada. Just keep kwayet and learn.

Everything ladipo,reading your comments on this thread just be giving one headache, dem correct you, you no green wan learn. Arhg

You that know anything

Now get the hell out....

2 Likes

Re: Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority by 2shure: 11:04am On Nov 01, 2019
Bad roads with pot holes wont allow u enjoy speed. Whats the essence of buying benz sedans them when u go dey traffic for 7hrs. Dey press p,b,p,d,p. P ,n,d,
Everybody dey press pdp.
Park,brake ,drive. Esp for lag
Hahahahahaha

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Innoson Making Fighter Jet Parts - CNN / Best Way To Ship A Car To Lagos? / Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.