Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,198 members, 7,811,523 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:44 PM

I Am Scared Of Eventually Not Getting A Life Partner. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am Scared Of Eventually Not Getting A Life Partner. (9301 Views)

Help, Redpill Eventually Damaged My Lovely Relationship / Thomas Sankara: If I Don't Find A Man Like This, I'm Not Getting Married (Photo) / We Didn't Talk All Through The University, But We Are Eventually Getting Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Scared Of Eventually Not Getting A Life Partner. by femi4: 5:02am On Sep 23, 2019
saggitarius01:
Good evening dear Nairalanders. I'm sorry I had to create a new account to post this. I am getting really worried about how my life may turn out. I'd be straight and brief as possible so please read and give me any advice you can. Thanks.

A brief rundown about myself.

I am going to be 25 in no time, growing up I felt there is only two paths a young lady should tow...either to forget being a fashonista and all trying to be neck deep in her outlook or calm down, first things first, work hard and make money (if possible be a millionaire before 25). I choose the later and as God will have it, my dream turned a reality.

Now, while I was in this journey of not turning out to be a lady who will never be able to foot her own bills, I forgot everything about being girlie. I never what it means to have female friends or hang out with any, I don't care so much about knowing the latest party and posh places or even taking all the posh pictures like the ladies in my age bracket would. I was focused to a fault. I saved to a fault.

I might not have everything I desire but I am indeed comfortable for a young lady who made it out of the ghetto life of Igbogbo.

Now my pain..

I do most of my jobs from home and therefore I am mostly within the confines of my apartment.
No boyfriend, no fiance talk more of a husband.
I don't have any friend and I don't know to make any friend for as a result of I trying to find my feet in life, I have had, experienced, seen and heard nasty behaviours of human. I keep people at arms length. I am afraid of an average human for I believe anybody can do anything even things you don't expect of them. embarassed

I already observed that slaying and all the girlie ish is obviously not a part of me as i prefer to brainstorm and think of how to expand my business which I know an average lady my age, that is the least of her worries.

I know I need a man in my life. I don't know if it's a stereotype but I think ages 24-26 is the right age (as i have made to believe) a woman should at be at least settled Maritally. How do I go about getting a man to date and marry? Where are the places I should go to? Remember I said I have NO friends so no wedding invitations.

Am I stressing myself? But I am almost 25 and no man and truly in my hearts of hearts I know I want to be a wife someday and have a good family so need to lie about anything. Where do ladies meet their boyfriends? Not the playboys or those with pulled down shorts.

Please what do I do? What are the places to go? I tried hanging out to places for drink but you know how it feels and looks for a young lady to sit out on her own.

P.S. Yes I am not desperate but I am concerned.

Did i make a mistake by holding my life first instead of being all what the social media ladies are?

I just opened an Instagram account yesterday and still don't know how to use the app or what to do there. You can imagine the kind of lady I have become. Yes I can dress neat and combine my wears. Forget ugly, I ain't. I could do a nice make up on my face when ever I have 2 hours to spare. Never a boring fella. I just don't know how to find someone I could share all the happiness, joy and street wise advise with.
Please help me. cry cry cry I am so lonely. I only come on nairaland whenever I am bored. Enough said.

I am open to questions. Any at all.

You don't go to church too.....people like you do get their partners from Church 9 out of 10
Re: I Am Scared Of Eventually Not Getting A Life Partner. by Laurene: 5:09am On Sep 23, 2019
saggitarius01:

grin grin grin grin nairaland eh! Neighbors? how? Omo I confuse die. Wetyn consine neighbors and this matter? grin grin grin grin grin na wa nairaland! Lwkmd today.
are you still a virgin
Re: I Am Scared Of Eventually Not Getting A Life Partner. by Fuck: 5:09am On Sep 23, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
10 yrs ago I was still too green and innocent to date naw. Wetin secondary school girl was use man do then?

You? In secondary school ten years ago? undecided
Why are you lying through your teeth?

1 Like

Re: I Am Scared Of Eventually Not Getting A Life Partner. by Originalsly: 5:11am On Sep 23, 2019
Hmmm..... career and laying a solid foundation to make you live comfortable is important.... but more important is laying the foundation for peace of mind. Why gain the whole world and lose your soul?
You now have to catch up on making friends. What you should never ever do.... like you've done here... is declare your worth. A woman is usually not sure if a guy is really interested in her as a person.... or to get between her legs.... and here you are... adding another .... if he is after the money. It is better to show you are just able to manage yourself.... than to show that you are solid. There is no place to go meet potential husbands... they are all over. But going to a bar to have a drink by yourself ... sends the wrong signal to a guy....that you are there for a hook up...one nite stand. My advice is to go join a large social group... most likely a church.... don't go looking for a husband... but to make friends.... after monthssss..... you may find someone interesting. Stay away from drinks and the party scene... the bitter truth..... you are not street smart period..... the hounds will chew you up and you wouldn't realize until they spit you out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Scared Of Eventually Not Getting A Life Partner. by mrblessed(m): 5:13am On Sep 23, 2019
saggitarius01:

Ode. While trying to impress simpletons like you, you ended up writing a full incoherent paragraph of hot cow dung. You know the simple word "tautalogy"?
Let me take out a few secs and and knack you some better sense..."Schmuck or simp" should never be in a sentence for they in the end, convey same message and are similar in meaning although I knew you directed them towards the everlasting bastard that fathered a fortified ignoramus of your type but in my own way of showing you that you are an educated illiterate who only sleeps and wakes but with a dictionary instead of going to the nearest celestial church for heavy beating with da "HOLY CANE" to liberate you and your generation unborn from the wicked sharp claws of poverty, I choose to give you a lil attention so you don't blade yourself to death.

We no get degree but omo you no fit yarn me dust. MKPI!
Hmm! What an annoyingly long, pointlessly disjointed, and grotesquely meaningless sentence. Aunt, you can't correctly write English language -- and any other language as well-- without making good use of punctuation marks. It is obvious the fellow you gruesomely attacked has a degree in tautulogy, and has completed all requirements to do a masters' programme. Nevertheless, your poor usage of punctuation marks to create good connections and eliminate "verbal violence" in your sentence makes two of you birds of a feather.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Scared Of Eventually Not Getting A Life Partner. by Laurene: 5:16am On Sep 23, 2019
Guest007:

shocked

Your savagery could be why you up are single grin
grin
Guest007:

shocked

Your savagery could be why you up are single grin
I knew she was the bitter type that's why she can't find a man.
Cc.. Ichidodo

1 Like

Re: I Am Scared Of Eventually Not Getting A Life Partner. by silverkings: 5:27am On Sep 23, 2019
Jordanbelfort07:
sagittarius are usually very unemotional and cold hearted.. Thats probably the reason why you can't land a man.
OP I'm sorry but you will probably end up alone till you grow old and die.
So just live life as it comes. Marriage is not a must grin
Guy, stop this
Re: I Am Scared Of Eventually Not Getting A Life Partner. by silverkings: 5:34am On Sep 23, 2019
Well, from your write up I found out you're a conc Sagittarian. Am i wrong?
Re: I Am Scared Of Eventually Not Getting A Life Partner. by Nobody: 6:08am On Sep 23, 2019
Since you've started using Instagram, upload nice pics. Guys will take it from there. Hangout with caution though.
Re: I Am Scared Of Eventually Not Getting A Life Partner. by okoroemeka(m): 6:19am On Sep 23, 2019
how I wish you are in the southeast,I know many good guys I can introduce to you,it's you that will run away from them and doing shakara,a problem shared is a problem half solved it's good you posted such,don't underestimate the power of the net, anything is possible.
Re: I Am Scared Of Eventually Not Getting A Life Partner. by Nobody: 6:31am On Sep 23, 2019
saggitarius01:
Good evening dear Nairalanders. I'm sorry I had to create a new account to post this. I am getting really worried about how my life may turn out. I'd be straight and brief as possible so please read and give me any advice you can. Thanks.

I am going to be 25 in no time, growing up I felt there is only two paths a young lady should tow...either to forget being a fashonista and all trying to be neck deep in her outlook or calm down, first things first, work hard and make money (if possible be a millionaire before 25). I choose the later and as God will have it, my dream turned a reality.

Now, while I was in this journey of not turning out to be a lady who will never be able to foot her own bills, I forgot everything about being girlie. I never what it means to have female friends or hang out with any, I don't care so much about knowing the latest party and posh places or even taking all the posh pictures like the ladies in my age bracket would. I was focused to a fault. I saved to a fault.

I might not have everything I desire but I am indeed comfortable for a young lady who made it out of the ghetto life of Igbogbo.

Now my pain..

I do most of my jobs from home and therefore I am mostly within the confines of my apartment.
I don't have any friend and I don't know to make any friend for as a result of I trying to find my feet in life, I have had, experienced, seen and heard nasty behaviours of human. I keep people at arms length. I am afraid of an average human for I believe anybody can do anything even things you don't expect of them. embarassed

I already observed that slaying and all the girlie ish is obviously not a part of me as i prefer to brainstorm and think of how to expand my business which I know an average lady my age, that is the least of her worries.

I know I need a man in my life. I don't know if it's a stereotype but I think ages 24-26 is the right age (as i have made to believe) a woman should at be at least settled Maritally. How do I go about getting a man to date and marry? Where are the places I should go to? Remember I said I have NO friends so no wedding invitations.

Am I stressing myself? But I am almost 25 and no man and truly in my hearts of hearts I know I want to be a wife someday and have a good family so need to lie about anything. Where do ladies meet their boyfriends? Not the playboys or those with pulled down shorts.

Please what do I do? What are the places to go? I tried hanging out to places for drink but you know how it feels and looks for a young lady to sit out on her own.

Did i make a mistake by holding my life first instead of being all what the social media ladies are?

I just opened an Instagram account yesterday and still don't know how to use the app or what to do there. You can imagine the kind of lady I have become. Yes I can dress neat and combine my wears. Forget ugly, I ain't. I could do a nice make up on my face when ever I have 2 hours to spare. Never a boring fella. I just don't know how to find someone I could share all the happiness, joy and street wise advise with.
Please help me. cry cry cry I am so lonely. I only come on nairaland whenever I am bored. Enough said.

Make sure you don't date any guy here, be warned. You are a Saggitarius and you should count yourself lucky because a typical sagittarius girl ruins her life from the age of 20 to 29 jumping from one man to another.

I am an Aries and I'm searching for a Sagittarius lady but like I said, do not date any guy from nairaland, you will surely regret it.

I pray you find someone. Maybe you can try church. Doesn't men toast you when you step out?

1 Like

Re: I Am Scared Of Eventually Not Getting A Life Partner. by Bouncingbabyboy(m): 6:34am On Sep 23, 2019
saggitarius01:

grin grin grin grin nairaland eh! Neighbors? how? Omo I confuse die. Wetyn consine neighbors and this matter? grin grin grin grin grin na wa nairaland! Lwkmd today.
I no wan fall for this trap...na so dem paint Buhari as angel to us 2015 cry cry meanwhile I go come visit you Make I conclude my investigation

1 Like

Re: I Am Scared Of Eventually Not Getting A Life Partner. by Nobody: 6:44am On Sep 23, 2019
saggitarius01:

Dear sister, the truth is I had to drop out of school cus I felt why use the little savings I have to keep funding my schooling when I know I have no body that might help me get a job. So I finished my ND and started something else. But if you won't see my not having a degree as an issue then no problems we can be friends.

Receive sense. Do not meet anybody through nairaland for your own safety

1 Like

Re: I Am Scared Of Eventually Not Getting A Life Partner. by Michelle55: 6:47am On Sep 23, 2019
Don't pressurize yourself over life partner issues.. Your best half will waltz into your life at God's own time. Afterall dem no dey catch latecomer for husband house, so relax and enjoy your youth. smiley
Re: I Am Scared Of Eventually Not Getting A Life Partner. by HarunaWest(m): 6:51am On Sep 23, 2019
culf:
just 25 and you're disturbing yourself? just be yourself, free yourself, mingle, make friends and at the right time, you'll get married.

Please don't rush or pressurize yourself, else you might make a wrong decision.

What the hect are you saying mehn? @ 25 she shouldn't be bothered? Ur sick ah swear.
Is it until she turns 40 that she should get bothered?
If not that the standards have fallen in Nigeria,people get married at 18 and leave normal lives,go to school,get a job and all that.. Someone came here for advise on ways to move her life forward and you are dragging her backward..Am sure You are a Buhari......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Scared Of Eventually Not Getting A Life Partner. by ichidodo: 7:00am On Sep 23, 2019
emmaodet:

grin
Bros u get bad mouth ooo.
Abeg pity her small now.
Are u based in onne? I work in onne
Since when has the truth become an offence?I simply made a caveat emptor exposé so that most guys who are not miseducated might be aware of what they could be getting themselves into with that neurotic wench.If i should add or throw a penny into the steady stream of consciousness here in this thread especially to guys out there who are still plugged into the system dominated by "the female imperative", I suggest you guys should chop and clean mouth on this b**tch because heads or tails y'all gonna lose out,so better collect your own and jakpa........Onne was a gig a long time ago....Now,i'm based offshore....Stay safe bro
Re: I Am Scared Of Eventually Not Getting A Life Partner. by starstaz(m): 7:02am On Sep 23, 2019
This is a small thing now. I will randomly recommended two big mentors for u out of Thousands plausible pick to guide u alright.

Uyailincompa
and
Amakavula

These two should guide u and give u intricates tips to navigate this ur new level of realities. u wlcm on Board Saggieeee
Re: I Am Scared Of Eventually Not Getting A Life Partner. by DeHumbleTboy: 7:12am On Sep 23, 2019
Now you're worried about nothing. Well if that's your problem.
1. Church is the first starting point.
2. Gym but here you need your brain else play boys go use you shine their Congo.
3. Visit the orphanage home, yes you may wonder why you need to be there. Well relax I won't go into details here but know that something can come out of nothing.
4. What about visiting the sick hospital too?? You don't believe in this? Relax no man is island of knowledge.
5. What about joining facebook group?? Some of them do host live party where members meet one on one. I can help here but I haven't been to their party before.
Plz keep of from night clubbing, sitting alone in bar is not adding up too. Rather go to place like Kilimanjaro, five star tantalizer.

Las Las you will still know you're bothered and worried over nothing. Just like what my sister told me. He ask if I have girlfriend I said no and she was like bro you need a girl in your life yen yen yen talk I let her know that gf is not achievement and should be the last thing to worried about. Not just her other female friends are saying the same abi na my whatsapp wey them de slid de drop that their shits in my inbox I wan talk about. Yesterday is another lady with same talk. Well I'm not a gay and can never be neither I'm I stingy. But reading about things and the way guys misbehave because of babes got me laughing and thinking. Ever wonder why my best spot is Romance section hahaha Las Las e go better ma'am.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Scared Of Eventually Not Getting A Life Partner. by Nobody: 7:13am On Sep 23, 2019
Bleep:

You? In secondary school ten years ago? undecided
Why are you lying through your teeth?
Lol. Amebo
Re: I Am Scared Of Eventually Not Getting A Life Partner. by Academicwizman(m): 7:26am On Sep 23, 2019
saggitarius01:

Now my pain..

Igbogbo in Ikorodu before Bayeku is a place that I am very familiar with. In fact, I grew up in that area. Can we meet one of these days? Although I live far away from there now but you know. Home, sweet home, they say!

However, I'm not cut out for chasing or mailing ladies. So, no mail, text or whatsoever. If you dig the info above, we can arrange to exchange digits, then we take it up from there.
Re: I Am Scared Of Eventually Not Getting A Life Partner. by Esthered: 7:27am On Sep 23, 2019
Every time people want to hook up, a church is mentioned and the reason why the ladies especially stop functioning in that unit when they get what they want I.e marriage. I think the purpose of joining a unit should be defined in the area of service than husband hunting.
Dear OP, be more outgoing but with a purpose of meeting people, be open minded too. I'm an indoor person though and was almost worried like you, changed church so as to meet someone as my mum advised but I resolved never to join a unit in church so as to meet a man but till when I'm ready to serve in the field of my Maker. I met my fiance from way back through a phone call as we're in different locations. I pray God settles you in line with His will for your life. Have a great day dear.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Scared Of Eventually Not Getting A Life Partner. by Gulher: 7:32am On Sep 23, 2019
op @saggitarius01, take some of the advice given here. But don't date any of the guys here on nairaland. Most of them will only want to see how far they can play with your head. The genuine ones will be hard to fish out.

That said, the best place for someone with zero social life like you to meet a nice man you marry is church so start going to church. Even if you don't find the right man in the church, you will learn some social skills that you can extend to other places while searching.

1 Like

Re: I Am Scared Of Eventually Not Getting A Life Partner. by seuncyrus(m): 7:48am On Sep 23, 2019
saggitarius01:

Gosh you cracking me up real bad grin grin grin grin
@ picture ok sir.

You sound like you have a good sense of humor , which is cool.
For the friendship thingy , start somewhere very safe.

if you're a Christian...try changing your church to maybe a more 'youth' church ...make sure u go out for first timers oh and try to get involved in the church (probably join a unit, trust me you'll make friends in no time ...from there you'll meet friends of your friends , get invited to events and all that.. before you know it you have besties cheesy ).
And make sure you don't rush home after every service :/

If you already have a church you attend with enough youths , get more involved in the church and youth activities ...someone may have noticed you already just waiting for an opportunity to get closer

And lastly, nairaland isn't a bad place to make friends. Most of us are not that bad ...most times it's just prejudice and stereotype . What city are you ??
Re: I Am Scared Of Eventually Not Getting A Life Partner. by Nobody: 7:49am On Sep 23, 2019
saggitarius01:

Dear sister, the truth is I had to drop out of school cus I felt why use the little savings I have to keep funding my schooling when I know I have no body that might help me get a job. So I finished my ND and started something else. But if you won't see my not having a degree as an issue then no problems we can be friends.
I don’t give a rat ass about your lack of degree or what not , let’s be friends please wink
Re: I Am Scared Of Eventually Not Getting A Life Partner. by Valleys(m): 8:00am On Sep 23, 2019
@saggitarius01 don't worry yourself, you still have like 5yrs to become a complete bitter feminist. Your response(s) has/have shown why you are where you are in life.
You are filled with bitterness when no man has "crushed" your heart. What will happen by the time 2 niggās don chop clean mouth.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Scared Of Eventually Not Getting A Life Partner. by Acidosis(m): 8:10am On Sep 23, 2019
Dear OP, what do you do for a living?
Re: I Am Scared Of Eventually Not Getting A Life Partner. by franchasng: 8:12am On Sep 23, 2019
saggitarius01:

Now my pain..

You don't have a problem with internet and social media platforms that's if u are honest with all u said.

I have more than 5 close friends who met their wonderful wives through Facebook, Twitter and one other unpopular dating site, so don't let anybody fool u, internet dating works if u are honest, ready, open, and wise.

With time, more people all over the world will find their lover or boyfriend or girlfriend or life partner on the internet because we now spend most of our time online than offline, so it is normal for people to meet online but the challenges is that ladies most times are foolish online, they focus on the wrong qualities when seeking for a partner online.

They judge the guys that send them DMs or messages online based on how flashy their profile pictures and albums are, but they are making a huge mistake honestly. So be different, be open to chats from different guys, and then use your wisdom to discern who to give chance of a date in an open place, but don't suggest a place that will look costly or make the guy to spend, suggest an open place where u guys can meet and chat and talk to know in person.

Don't focus on his material worth at first, just be open to knowing him or them first, forget your rules, don't go apply your female laws and rules cos it has ruined the chances of so many ladies meeting great guys only for them to end up with the bad guys they made rules to avoid.

Your age is still very okay, just make sure u are looking attractive not seductive cos men consider physical attraction first before any other quality. Their eyes will eat first before any other.

Calm down, make good use of internet and social media platforms to make friends. Believe me, if the picture of yourself u painted here is truly who u are then relax cos u will definitely find a partner but u need to mingle

2 Likes

Re: I Am Scared Of Eventually Not Getting A Life Partner. by Getsaved(m): 8:22am On Sep 23, 2019
Op, I am sure you are going to receive many mail today including mine. But if this is not a game. If what you put up there is geniunely true, you might want to respond to my mail - you never know. Cheers!
Re: I Am Scared Of Eventually Not Getting A Life Partner. by femi4: 8:25am On Sep 23, 2019
Getsaved:

Op, I am sure you are going to receive many mail today including mine. But if this is not a game. If what you put up there is geniunely true, you might want to respond to my mail - you never know. Cheers!
Do I look like the op

1 Like

Re: I Am Scared Of Eventually Not Getting A Life Partner. by Getsaved(m): 8:29am On Sep 23, 2019
femi4:
Do I look like the op

I am sorry Fermi, it was a mistake. I have modified it. Thank you. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Bleeped My Female Lecturers When I Was In School / How Will U Like To Be Seduced By Ur Partner? / Most Beautiful Girl On Nairaland Finals.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.