Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,215 members, 7,953,795 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:36 AM

Do Real Men Cry? Must Real Men Show No Emotion? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do Real Men Cry? Must Real Men Show No Emotion? (4146 Views)

Transgender Men Show Off Their Sexy Body…see How Stunning Look [PHOTOS] / Men Cry Too / His This D Way Men Show Luv Dis Days??. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Real Men Cry? Must Real Men Show No Emotion? by ifunayalov(f): 4:03pm On Nov 12, 2010
men are deep and strong creatures with real emotions
but who unfortunately have to follow an unwritten code of "men don't cry" cry

but at times they do break down under all the macho stuff especially when their heart has been pierced by either of the following
loss of a loved one
heartbreak
Re: Do Real Men Cry? Must Real Men Show No Emotion? by omofat: 4:08pm On Nov 12, 2010
To be a superior man, you can afford to be caught crying. It's a sign of weakness. Your woman wont trust you anymore. Your children will be embarassed.

Don't fall for all these modern day metrosexual male nonsense. Men are becoming more and more effeminate and women are becoming more masculine. Both losing their respective masculine and feminine cores - essential polarity required for generating sparks is being lost.  No wonder so much confusion anywhere.

Don't fall for it.

1 Like

Re: Do Real Men Cry? Must Real Men Show No Emotion? by Boxer007(m): 11:13am On Nov 24, 2010
I cried last nite watching free willly
Re: Do Real Men Cry? Must Real Men Show No Emotion? by Carolece(f): 5:30pm On Nov 24, 2010
A real man should not be afraid to be himself. If he feels like crying, I'll lend my shoulder. What is wrong with a brother crying. Crying shows that you have a heart. When you keep things in, you are denying your partner the truth (the real you).
Re: Do Real Men Cry? Must Real Men Show No Emotion? by Omolola1(f): 5:35pm On Nov 24, 2010
crying shows u are a real man
Re: Do Real Men Cry? Must Real Men Show No Emotion? by omofat: 5:48pm On Nov 24, 2010
Guys, don't fall for it o. These women are just testing you. The minute you "open" your eyes and start crying, you are finished. Ti e ti tan.

1 Like

Re: Do Real Men Cry? Must Real Men Show No Emotion? by Boxer007(m): 5:49pm On Nov 24, 2010
it aint macho to cry
Re: Do Real Men Cry? Must Real Men Show No Emotion? by Dsense(m): 5:50pm On Nov 24, 2010
Omolola1:

crying shows u are a real man
I rarely cry . ,  , Does that mean i'm a real man?
How re doing  .  .Long time!
Re: Do Real Men Cry? Must Real Men Show No Emotion? by Omolola1(f): 5:55pm On Nov 24, 2010
Yes o! it shows u have emotions, am doing great, u?
Re: Do Real Men Cry? Must Real Men Show No Emotion? by AnnMarie1(f): 6:00pm On Nov 24, 2010
I could never be caught dating a cry baby. Real men do not cry as far as I am a concerned
Re: Do Real Men Cry? Must Real Men Show No Emotion? by LKRavitz(m): 6:11pm On Nov 24, 2010
onions make me cry cool am i a real man?
Re: Do Real Men Cry? Must Real Men Show No Emotion? by Seekers(m): 6:13pm On Nov 24, 2010
I cried yesternyt wen i was slicin pepper n onions in my 4 big pack of indomie
Re: Do Real Men Cry? Must Real Men Show No Emotion? by Dsense(m): 5:45am On Nov 25, 2010
Omolola1:

Yes o! it shows u have emotions, am doing great, u?
Yep . . . .I feel that most of the time . . .But trying to change that mood . . .
I'm fine . . .superb to hear u re great.
Re: Do Real Men Cry? Must Real Men Show No Emotion? by jeffman(m): 7:13pm On Nov 25, 2010
Mr~Cork:

I try not to cry when i see punny but I cant control my tears of joy wink

colleagues are shouting "Jeff are u crazy? u 're laughing to urself" and i say "come and read this" and then everyone is laughing.
Re: Do Real Men Cry? Must Real Men Show No Emotion? by fati2001(m): 12:39pm On Aug 15, 2021
every human cry.

Openly showing emotions in a society where ‘real men don’t cry’—or so we’ve been conditioned to believe—can be a crushing blow to manhood. Crying is a human expression.

1 Like

Re: Do Real Men Cry? Must Real Men Show No Emotion? by Brunosamel(m): 12:56pm On Aug 15, 2021
I nêver saw my dad cry so why will I be an exception
Re: Do Real Men Cry? Must Real Men Show No Emotion? by Candidlady: 1:01pm On Aug 15, 2021
grin

Re: Do Real Men Cry? Must Real Men Show No Emotion? by fati2001(m): 1:06pm On Aug 15, 2021

1 Like

Re: Do Real Men Cry? Must Real Men Show No Emotion? by Martinez39s(m): 2:02pm On Aug 15, 2021
omofat:
Guys, don't fall for it o. These women are just testing you. The minute you "open" your eyes and start crying, you are finished. Ti e ti tan.

2 Likes

Re: Do Real Men Cry? Must Real Men Show No Emotion? by fati2001(m): 2:19pm On Aug 15, 2021
omofat:

Openly showing emotions in a society where ‘real men don’t cry’—or so we’ve been conditioned to believe—can be a crushing blow to manhood. Crying is a human expression.
Encouraging boys to suppress their emotions and be tough and stoic can have damaging consequences for their mental health in later life
“Crying is a very healthy expression of feelings such as sadness and disappointment. If we tell boys not to cry, they may begin to suppress, avoid or shut down these emotions.” The art of manliness is a school many boys veer towards the older they get.
From a young age, they are encouraged down this route by a culture and environment which cheers a laddish and overtly masculine mind frame. But the male gender stereotype sticks a label on to boys that can stifle their emotional development. Phrases such as “big boys don’t cry” and “be a man” are thrown at them, damaging their self-worth and belittling their self-image. We say the adage is long gone, but traces are left of a bewildering toxic masculinity that negatively affects our youth. Boys shouldn’t cry.
Where is it written on our skin and bones that crying, showing emotion, is a strictly feminine concept?

“Traditionally, men were seen as being weak or unmanly in some way if they expressed themselves through crying,”

1 Like

Re: Do Real Men Cry? Must Real Men Show No Emotion? by fati2001(m): 2:28pm On Aug 15, 2021
omofat:
To be a superior man, you can afford to be caught crying. It's a sign of weakness. Your woman wont trust you anymore. Your children will be embarassed.

Don't fall for all these modern day metrosexual male nonsense. Men are becoming more and more effeminate and women are becoming more masculine. Both losing their respective masculine and feminine cores - essential polarity required for generating sparks is being lost.  No wonder so much confusion anywhere.

Don't fall for it.

BOYS don’t cry. That’s what TV presenter Andrew O’Keefe learnt while growing up. As a little boy, he only cried when he injured himself, and he never saw his father weep.
Yet he’s among the new generation of men who are trying to buck those harmful stereotypes – as a father himself, he tries to be open about his tears with his own kids.
“We should show our kids that it’s possible to be vulnerable or blue, and still be a sane and capable person,”

1 Like

Re: Do Real Men Cry? Must Real Men Show No Emotion? by RightToReject(m): 2:36pm On Aug 15, 2021
Anyone who says no to the questions is either dishonest or ignorant because every living man, just like women, has an emotion.

That said, not majority of men have a low emotional quotient, unlike women that majority have it, and it is those men who have that are indrawn and susceptible to intrusive crying. Every man can cry, but not all men are susceptible to intrusive crying.

Meanwhile, when you hear that a man is not supposed to be emotional, the emotional it refers to is sentimental. Unfortunately, many men who always claim not to be emotional actually are in this regard.

Rationality is the hallmark of a man, and reticence is not the absence of emotion; rather, it is one's ability to have their emotion under their control. And expressiveness/emotiveness should not be mistaken for emotionality.
Re: Do Real Men Cry? Must Real Men Show No Emotion? by bepositive11: 5:14pm On Aug 15, 2021
CorkMr2:
When Is It Okay for a Man to Cry? | The Art of Manliness

It takes courage cry as a man. Well, for example, 190 cried for almost one year simply becoz he couldnt get visa for London, but

eventualy he did. Another good frined of mine also once cried for 3 month simply becoz his mrs refused to giv him punny. Society says, "Be a man.

Don't cry. Show nothing. Keep it all on the inside.", Do you agree or disagree?
undecided

Yes. Yes. Yes. Real men cry
Re: Do Real Men Cry? Must Real Men Show No Emotion? by bepositive11: 5:17pm On Aug 15, 2021
Phate07:

A real man should not express his emotions by crying. Thats stuff for women and children.

If that's the case, why is crying natural?

The notion that men shouldn't cry is a toxic way of thinking created by society

Crying relieves stress. When you bottle it up, it comes out in the form of anger
Re: Do Real Men Cry? Must Real Men Show No Emotion? by Mercyooo: 5:56pm On Aug 15, 2021
Hi
Re: Do Real Men Cry? Must Real Men Show No Emotion? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 15, 2021
omofat:

Don't fall for it.
Nothing more to add

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should I Keep On Sacrificing Myself To My Family Or Shd I Stop. / Ladies: The Reason Guys Take You For Granted After You've Done The Deed / Help! My Roommate Gf Is Trying To Seduce Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.