Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,796 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Orphan Commits Suicide With Sniper In Ikorodu (Photos) - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Orphan Commits Suicide With Sniper In Ikorodu (Photos) (39556 Views)

23-year-old Jilted Lover Commits Suicide With Sniper In Abuja / Let Me Commit Suicide With Fanta- Beautiful Nigerian Lady Dumps Sniper For Fanta / DELSU Pharmacy Student Commits Suicide With 2 Packs Of Sniper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Orphan Commits Suicide With Sniper In Ikorodu (Photos) by Kruize(m): 3:10pm On Sep 25, 2019
MedicH:

Atleast God would have helped keep his brain chemistry intact if God is even interested in his case. He has passed through a lot of trauma which culminated into post traumatic stress disorder then altered his brain chemistry making his CNS produce little serotonin ( the feel good hormone) and he drifts into a major depressive disorder of which one of the symptoms is suicidal tendencies. Have you walked into a psychiatric ward before and see someone with MDD trying to use his bedsheets to commit suicide.

The tendencies is just the same way your body becomes hot when you have malaria you have no control over it at all until you take drugs. See I'm tired if educating black monkeys. Our mumu too much.

RIP to the dead. All u needed was a suicide help line and help will com but there's no such in this hell. I hope you find your sweet mum and find grace.

Thanks for this explanation. It's is quite saddening that in a world where 1 in 4 persons is battling a mental illness, the stigma for mental illness is still on the increase. Depression keeps claiming more lives because we're yet to understand it for what it is; an illness. It's not a weakness nor a shortcoming or sin like some religious folks would say. It's simply a chemical imbalance in the brain and it doesn't discriminate.

A lot of rich successful people committed suicide as a result of depression. Avicii, Anthony Bourdain, Robin Williams, Chester Bennington and the list continues. I'll encourage us not to be quick to judge these folks but take time out to educate ourselves on mental illness. Telling someone with depression to snap out of it and that it's in their head is just like telling someone with malaria to snap of it or telling someone with a broken leg that it's all in their head.

From statistics everyone knows someone suffering from mental illness but you won't know they're dealing with such because the stigma won't allow them to speak up and even if they do the lack of understanding might prevent you from showing them the proper care and support.

3 Likes

Re: Orphan Commits Suicide With Sniper In Ikorodu (Photos) by SolarHub(m): 3:11pm On Sep 25, 2019
Oh no! Not again
Re: Orphan Commits Suicide With Sniper In Ikorodu (Photos) by Willie2015: 3:12pm On Sep 25, 2019
IamCharles123:

Oga don't come n be telling us bible story, this is real life.

Too bad if you cant learn from the bible....
There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under heaven...
U dont kill yourself just because you are in a bad season..
Better days are around the corner....
Re: Orphan Commits Suicide With Sniper In Ikorodu (Photos) by flamingfire24(m): 3:12pm On Sep 25, 2019
not enough reason to end ur life.give ur life to jesus and experience joy the destroyer of depression
Re: Orphan Commits Suicide With Sniper In Ikorodu (Photos) by Bamz(m): 3:14pm On Sep 25, 2019
FamousMonk:
One less coward to share this country with..
Good riddance..

You're an absolute disgrace. I'm totally disappointed.

1 Like

Re: Orphan Commits Suicide With Sniper In Ikorodu (Photos) by SenecaTheYonger: 3:19pm On Sep 25, 2019
Puregold3:

Not at all.
[s] All I'm saying is, they're people out there that have seen worse..
Depression is could be much at time but suicide z never the remedy [/s]

Well then, just be grateful that it isn't you and don't try to act like you understand what he's going through, because the truth is that you don't.
Re: Orphan Commits Suicide With Sniper In Ikorodu (Photos) by Sar96: 3:19pm On Sep 25, 2019
Sucide is not the best option
Re: Orphan Commits Suicide With Sniper In Ikorodu (Photos) by iamfromlagos(f): 3:22pm On Sep 25, 2019
FamousMonk:
Good riddance..
Shame on you!

1 Like

Re: Orphan Commits Suicide With Sniper In Ikorodu (Photos) by igwefivestar(m): 3:23pm On Sep 25, 2019
MedicH:

See I'm tired if educating black monkeys. Our mumu too much.
Educate them, if God gives u the wisdom to do so. One day they will metamorphose to human being.
Re: Orphan Commits Suicide With Sniper In Ikorodu (Photos) by victorian(f): 3:23pm On Sep 25, 2019
Mykel51:
You passed through a lot bro...but suicide was not the best option... JESUS loves you ... It's a pity our youths resort to suicide when they should to prayers

As in ehn? Instead of them to hold onto God and be close to God like a second skin, then rather follow the ways of the world, thinking they can cope following man.

I'm an orphan too. My mum died in my arms, my only brother in my arms, I lost my dad as well but I wasn't there when he died.
I have been all alone, almost my life since after graduate days .

I almost went crazy with crazy thoughts but I held onto God, became born again, held on to celibacy orelse men would have used the hell out of me without a care in the world.

Holding onto God, worshipping God has been the biggest move I have ever made in life and I'm happy, I'm at peace, I'm not broke, I'm not shattered, I'm not depressed. I'm as joyful as ever. No yeye man is toying with my emotions and pussy all in the name of I love you. In fact I'm as free as a bird, which is the most wonderful thing of being focused on God and allowing Him to handle your life.

That's God! If one serves Him in truth and spirit.

Suicide is a sin and never a way out.

What a waste.

May God forgive him. He hanged around with the wrong circle.

angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Orphan Commits Suicide With Sniper In Ikorodu (Photos) by Kheemjoel(m): 3:24pm On Sep 25, 2019
Re: Orphan Commits Suicide With Sniper In Ikorodu (Photos) by Realfrankie(m): 3:25pm On Sep 25, 2019
Enough is Enough
They should stop selling Snipper

1 Like

Re: Orphan Commits Suicide With Sniper In Ikorodu (Photos) by Crownbackhome: 3:28pm On Sep 25, 2019
phkka1:
Buhari why now?
Your stupidity is at its peak. What's buhari own here now

1 Like

Re: Orphan Commits Suicide With Sniper In Ikorodu (Photos) by Enemyofpeace: 3:29pm On Sep 25, 2019
I'm sure after the death of his parents and siblings, member of his extended family and those he looked up to must have abandoned or maltreated him. I feel for the guy but not in support of his cowardly action

1 Like

Re: Orphan Commits Suicide With Sniper In Ikorodu (Photos) by Puregold3(f): 3:29pm On Sep 25, 2019
SenecaTheYonger:

Well then, just be grateful that it isn't you and don't try to act like you understand what he's going through, because the truth is that you don't.
Off course I'm grateful, nd I definitely do not know what he's went through..
So do you..
But, u kinda sound like u don't feel its wrong to commit suicide..
Re: Orphan Commits Suicide With Sniper In Ikorodu (Photos) by akezn: 3:30pm On Sep 25, 2019
Pray hard night. Shits happen.

FamousMonk:
Good riddance..
Re: Orphan Commits Suicide With Sniper In Ikorodu (Photos) by SenecaTheYonger: 3:35pm On Sep 25, 2019
Puregold3:

Off course I'm grateful, nd I definitely do not know what he's went through..
So do you..
But, u kinda sound like u don't feel its wrong to commit suicide..

I don't think there's anything wrong with a person making a decision that he/she feels will be better for them. And nobody has any right to judge him for his decision. He didn't ask for the loss of his parents or siblings.
Re: Orphan Commits Suicide With Sniper In Ikorodu (Photos) by Nobody: 3:41pm On Sep 25, 2019
where ehm dead body
Re: Orphan Commits Suicide With Sniper In Ikorodu (Photos) by Nobody: 3:43pm On Sep 25, 2019
Gosh this is so sad and heart-breaking.
Re: Orphan Commits Suicide With Sniper In Ikorodu (Photos) by VicM6: 3:43pm On Sep 25, 2019
where this one hide him own sniper all this days.. nawa o
Re: Orphan Commits Suicide With Sniper In Ikorodu (Photos) by asamaigho(m): 3:52pm On Sep 25, 2019
my heart bleeds....i feel his pains.
never easy to be an orphan.
in lonely times it hurt realy bad.
rip.

1 Like

Re: Orphan Commits Suicide With Sniper In Ikorodu (Photos) by Heineken(m): 3:58pm On Sep 25, 2019
I think I need prayers too...crazy thoughts always. Ha
Re: Orphan Commits Suicide With Sniper In Ikorodu (Photos) by Willie2015: 4:02pm On Sep 25, 2019
kunmiiii:

And you concluded the young man was impatient and yearning for instant gratification because he took his life People are depressed for several reasons and not necessarily because of riches and gold, you might never have to deal with his circumstances in this lifetime and will never understand how losing an entire family can take a toll on a naive young man's state of mind, So stop referencing fascinating stories culled from the bible and ponder on the reality the young lad had to contend with.

You dont kill yourself......When you know you have a higher purpose in life.....
You get that consciousness by moving closer to God....thats the only way out of depression... .irrespective of any reasons....`..
There is no one in this world without circumstances.... problems....challenges .......afflictions....etc
Young,old,poor, rich, adults......etc
God never promised us a free problem world.........but promised we will not be alone....
I had my own fair share of afflictions....... it was the hand of God and the Bible that kept me alive....
So sad to see adults calling the bible fascinating stories.....
I will leave you with the quote of Mahatma Ghandi about the Bible...
“You Christians look after a document containing enough dynamite to blow all civilisation to pieces, turn the world upside down and bring peace to a battle-torn planet. But you treat it as though it is nothing more than a piece of literature.”
Re: Orphan Commits Suicide With Sniper In Ikorodu (Photos) by Blinkers: 4:24pm On Sep 25, 2019
helphelp:
Listening to that audio sent chills through my veins ...

Depression is real people, seek help. Talk to people, avoid being alone, cos thats when the thought of suicide is loudest

It's easier when the depression isn't chronic but the issues (Loosing loved ones and sickening poverty) surrounding Emmanuel is harsh that the serotonin levels drop to suicidal levels.

At that level, you can't even talk to someone because everything and everyone becomes meaningless at the time.

And also, the Nigerian society is a very hostile one. Years of misrule, crime and other evils has messed up with the pysche of the average Nigerians so much that only less than 2 percent can offer help. They are also helpless too.

I'm glad that the young man has found his peace irrespective of what our judgement as humans would be.

1 Like

Re: Orphan Commits Suicide With Sniper In Ikorodu (Photos) by Mykel51(m): 4:35pm On Sep 25, 2019
victorian:

As in ehn? Instead of them to hold onto God and be close to God like a second skin, then rather follow the ways of the world, thinking they can cope following man.

I'm an orphan too. My mum died in my arms, my only brother in my arms, I lost my dad as well but I wasn't there when he died.
I have been all alone, almost my life since after graduate days .

I almost went crazy with crazy thoughts but I held onto God, became born again, held on to celibacy orelse men would have used the hell out of me without a care in the world.

Holding onto God, worshipping God has been the biggest move I have ever made in life and I'm happy, I'm at peace, I'm not broke, I'm not shattered, I'm not depressed. I'm as joyful as ever. No yeye man is toying with my emotions and pussy all in the name of I love you. In fact I'm as free as a bird, which is the most wonderful thing of being focused on God and allowing Him to handle your life.

That's God! If one serves Him in truth and spirit.

Suicide is a sin and never a way out.

What a waste.

May God forgive him. He hanged around with the wrong circle.

angry

Wow...you have been through a lot dear...I thank GOD for his Grace upon your life...You are a testimony to those who don't believe in JESUS. Happy for you .. smiley
Re: Orphan Commits Suicide With Sniper In Ikorodu (Photos) by bigiyaro(m): 4:48pm On Sep 25, 2019
Mykel51:
You passed through a lot bro...but suicide was not the best option... JESUS loves you ... It's a pity our youths resort to suicide when they should to prayers
no nobody loved him.
Re: Orphan Commits Suicide With Sniper In Ikorodu (Photos) by helphelp: 4:52pm On Sep 25, 2019
Blinkers:

It's easier when the depression isn't chronic but the issues (Loosing loved ones and sickening poverty) surrounding Emmanuel is harsh that the serotonin levels drop to suicidal levels.

At that level, you can't even talk to someone because everything and everyone becomes meaningless at the time.

And also, the Nigerian society is a very hostile one. Years of misrule, crime and other evils has messed up with the pysche of the average Nigerians so much that only less than 2 percent can offer help. They are also helpless too.

I'm glad that the young man has found his peace irrespective of what our judgement as humans would be.

It's a sad tale losing loved ones and then feeling dejected. But trust me, I don't know if serotonin has anything with threshold, but people have gone through worse circumstance, and their threshold level prevailed.

Suicide is never an option in my opinion though.
Re: Orphan Commits Suicide With Sniper In Ikorodu (Photos) by victorian(f): 4:57pm On Sep 25, 2019
Mykel51:

Wow...you have been through a lot dear...I thank GOD for his Grace upon your life...You are a testimony to those who don't believe in JESUS. Happy for you .. smiley

My dear I have o

But I realised what I went through made me stronger inward for any eventualities and my story also make my friends and strangers who come close to me, feeling depressed before to start feel optimistic and alive again.

My story has given hope to alot of people I come across with.

People see me and see God's work in my life. Both Muslim's and Christians.

I can't turn back the hands of time of having my family back but I definitely know what will protect and new family I will have from any form of spiritual or health attack.
My neighbours and friends always feel happy seeing me , they call me blessed because God is working in my life , they can see it and always want me around when I'm less busy.

Jesus exists, God exists, Holy Spirit exists, and they've been my rock since I lost my family. And thank God for the good friends I have. God will keep blessing for them for making me happy as well. Amen.

I love you Jesus!!! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Orphan Commits Suicide With Sniper In Ikorodu (Photos) by Blinkers: 4:59pm On Sep 25, 2019
helphelp:

It's a sad tale losing loved ones and then feeling dejected. But trust me, I don't know if serotonin has anything with threshold, but people have gone through worse circumstance, and their threshold level prevailed.

Suicide is never an option in my opinion though.

It's an option for some people whether we like it or not. I'm no suggesting that people commit suicide.

Comparing with other people's tougher experience or even, yours won't stand much here. Our threshold level of enduring pain is much different.

Just pray never to be in Emmanuel's shoes. It's not a situation you would wish your worst enemy.
Re: Orphan Commits Suicide With Sniper In Ikorodu (Photos) by victorian(f): 5:01pm On Sep 25, 2019
bigiyaro:
no nobody loved him.

If he had loved himself first. People will get to love him Whenever they see him.

Nobody likes coming around anyone who complains ,looks sad and frown.

Nobody.

Love yourself and the love will radiate around u. Then protect the inner love you feel against predators and joy suckers Cause dem full everywhere o.

May God help us all., amen
Re: Orphan Commits Suicide With Sniper In Ikorodu (Photos) by PapaAdanna: 5:13pm On Sep 25, 2019
You for wait small bro,

It's a pity
Re: Orphan Commits Suicide With Sniper In Ikorodu (Photos) by iamdaquin01(f): 5:18pm On Sep 25, 2019
I really feel so bad for him..
Life wasn't fair to him at all.
I only hope he finds rest wherever he is. embarassed[color=#990000][/color]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagbus Driver Flogged Mercilessly By Soldier For Danfo Driver's Offence In Lagos / Photos Of The Men Who Killed An Uber Driver In Lagos / Masked Gunmen Murder Globacom Staff In Lagos (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.