Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Buhari Answering A Question About Youths At UN, Nigerians React (Video) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Answering A Question About Youths At UN, Nigerians React (Video) (68655 Views)

Buhari Is Right About Youths Behaviour / RE: Buhari Answering A Question About Youths At UN / Senator Dino Melaye Speaks From His Hideout. Nigerians React (Video, Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Answering A Question About Youths At UN, Nigerians React (Video) by Bizibi(m): 10:18pm On Sep 25, 2019
midnighter:

I investigated it and I posted the full video where he answered the question correctly...that doesnt mean the video was superimposed..it wasnt...
jehehehehehehe,i hear!!!!
Re: Buhari Answering A Question About Youths At UN, Nigerians React (Video) by lionson(m): 10:18pm On Sep 25, 2019
post=82562634:

They are so pathetic.
They are better left ignore. cheesy

Looking at the doctored video for the 2nd time.
What you wrote above is EXACTLY what happened.
It is appaling that few of our youths in the country have gone mad subconsciously cos of hatred for their nation.

It is always good and refreshing to know that we still have reasonable youths like you on this forum.
God bless you Mr Matthew.

Did you say reasonable youths?
When he called us "lazy youths" I believe we are displaying how lazy we can be.
Re: Buhari Answering A Question About Youths At UN, Nigerians React (Video) by dokie: 10:19pm On Sep 25, 2019
midnighter:
LOL OH MY GOODNESS

GOD PLEASE WHAT IS OUR OFFENCE

Modified : This is the full video, he actually answered the question... I think his aides got the wrong end of the stick...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHe3OiiTVUA

-"We will take concrete steps to harness climate-innovative ideas by including youth in decision-making processes..."

-"We will mobilise Nigerian youth towards planting 25m trees to enhance Nigeria's carbon sink..."

-"In the energy sector, Nigeria is presently diversifying its energy sources from dependence on gas-powered system to hydro, solar, wind, biomass and nuclear sources..."

-"Our government has introduced climate-smart agricultural practices..."

-"The Lake Chad basin .... has shrunk significantly from its original size due to climate change ... ecological restoration and recharge of the Lake Chad...promote interstate co-operation, strengthen community resilience, as well as addressing the environmental and security crises..."

I dont like him but I cant find anything wrong with what he said...its a perfect answer...

BEFORE YOU MAKE A JUDGEMENT WATCH THE FULL VIDEO..WHAT HAS BEEN POSTED ABOVE WAS JUST AN INTRODUCTION TO THE REAL ANSWER WHERE HE MADE HIS POINT....

No its not.

The man did not answer the question. The question was specifically directed at his plans for youths. Buhari went ahead to dish out Nigeria's plan on climate. It only happened that in the write up, youths were mentioned.

Oga, if you go to an interview in any reasonable establishment and you answer a question that way, you and i know you will not come close to getting that job.

In any case, who answers a question with an already written script?

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Answering A Question About Youths At UN, Nigerians React (Video) by Dwizeone: 10:19pm On Sep 25, 2019
midnighter:

Its not a speech, it's a comprehensive answer to an open-ended question which is exactly what was necessary. Dont quote me unless you watch the video and listen to what he said...he said the right thing...

Let’s look at it differently, we are having a discussion as panelists with a moderator, and a question is thrown at you, would you start by your excellencies like Buhari did, will you read a full prepared note or show your knowledge about what was asked. Not being sentimental, this shows a lot to us, have you seen Buhari address issues and you can confidently beat your chest about the rightness and intellect of his answers. This can’t be the best we have to offer as a country. The reason we now support mediocrity is because we are seeing what is wrong as a norm.

For your information I saw this video since morning on twitter and it was posted by Tolu though he has deleted it. This is embarrassing to say the least.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Answering A Question About Youths At UN, Nigerians React (Video) by SniperSmurf(m): 10:19pm On Sep 25, 2019
Im not surprised. When the country is full of arselickers, sycophants, greedy politicians and mindless mobs This is what we reap. Kiss youth goodbye kiss

1 Like

Re: Buhari Answering A Question About Youths At UN, Nigerians React (Video) by Sonoyom(m): 10:24pm On Sep 25, 2019
i never expected less from him because it's a know fact. he is only a front, the real rulers are somewhere. And as for those who are saying the video is doctored and engineered i pity your kind, it's quite sad that i am sharing same geographical space with you guys. you're even more dumb to say that his media aide is sharing a doctored video. The actor in the video, the sharer of the video the 'doctored video' crew all of u guys are senile!

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Answering A Question About Youths At UN, Nigerians React (Video) by meccuno: 10:26pm On Sep 25, 2019
;DThe award for the president ever in history goes to: Buharia Dullardino..... grin
Re: Buhari Answering A Question About Youths At UN, Nigerians React (Video) by osazsky(m): 10:30pm On Sep 25, 2019
No wonder he closed d borders and didn't know what he has done,am beginning to have a second thought on dis Jubre saga,this cant be Buhari never,may b bubu is dead

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Answering A Question About Youths At UN, Nigerians React (Video) by NGpatriot: 10:31pm On Sep 25, 2019
GEEBITE:
Your are disguising the truth.Are you saying he is answering from a long winding written speech to a straightforward question. Say the truth to set you free.

What was the question?

It was a climate change event and they gathered to talk about the climate and all the participants talked about climate.

The woman referenced Nigeria's young population to highlight climate change urgency and she asked the president what Nigeria is doing about it and the president addressed the question brilliantly from his prepared statement.

Some Nigerian youths are either perpetually unintelligent or just as usual obsessed and reoccupied with tribalism, bigotry, and hatred as usual.
Re: Buhari Answering A Question About Youths At UN, Nigerians React (Video) by osazsky(m): 10:32pm On Sep 25, 2019
ZombieTAMER:

Zombies are even doubting what was shared by the verified handle of the special assistant to the president on media...

Chai... Nigeria is a failed state
as a BMC this guy keeps making our jobs difficult
Re: Buhari Answering A Question About Youths At UN, Nigerians React (Video) by midnighter(f): 10:33pm On Sep 25, 2019
dokie:

No its not.

The man did not answer the question. The question was specifically directed at his plans for youths. Buhari went ahead to dish out Nigeria's plan on climate. It only happened that in the write up, youths were mentioned.

Oga, if you go to an interview in any reasonable establishment and you answer a question that way, you and i know you will not come close to getting that job.

I thought the bolded too, but:

She only framed the question with reference to the country's high percentage of young people...the real question was actually about climate change. She mentioned "youth" because she wanted to know the agenda for the country going forward. So the question should be answered in terms of climate change and how it relates to the youth, not the other way around.

This was why he mentioned all those dates "2030", "2040", etc. To show that there is a target to improve the country in the future for the youth.

This is not a job interview that will be over in 15 minutes, this is not a Channels TV interview, this is a meeting lasting several days. You dont know if this was an opening remark or what came before this. This is a clip taken out of context

Excuse me, every person sitting there has a bunch of written crib notes. He could have been more spontaneous, I agree. But there is nothing wrong with what he said...

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Answering A Question About Youths At UN, Nigerians React (Video) by sosodevf(m): 10:33pm On Sep 25, 2019
My problem is when you are asked a question and you are still reading a written script.
Foolishness should not be celebrated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Answering A Question About Youths At UN, Nigerians React (Video) by midnighter(f): 10:34pm On Sep 25, 2019
NGpatriot:
What was the question?

It was a climate change event and they gathered to talk about the climate and all the participants talked about climate.

The woman referenced Nigeria's young population to highlight climate change urgency and she asked the president what Nigeria is doing about it and the president addressed the question brilliantly from his prepared statement.

Thank you!
Re: Buhari Answering A Question About Youths At UN, Nigerians React (Video) by osazsky(m): 10:37pm On Sep 25, 2019
braimeddy:
I can vehemently say this video was edited just to discredit Mr President
it wasn't o I watched it on ctl sertilite live,CNCTV,,,,but this thier UN submit they tay d time given to each president to talk was too long ,it was becoming Buhari,but I got some laughter when Buhari took turns
Re: Buhari Answering A Question About Youths At UN, Nigerians React (Video) by Rapmoney(m): 10:39pm On Sep 25, 2019
NGpatriot:
The woman mentioned population, but then asked the president to highlight the pathway for our resilient future and he rightfully addressed exactly our pathway to a resilient future.

Why is reading, listening and comprehension so hard for our lazy youths?

smh..
Shut up!!!
Re: Buhari Answering A Question About Youths At UN, Nigerians React (Video) by Rapmoney(m): 10:40pm On Sep 25, 2019
midnighter:

She only framed the question with reference to the country's high percentage of young people...the real question was actually about climate change. She mentioned "youth" because she wanted to know the agenda for the country going forward. So the question should be answered with respect to climate change and how it relates to youth, not the other way around.

This was why he mentioned all those dates "2030", "2040", etc. To show that there is a target to improve the country in the future for the youth. You need to read between the lines...

This is not a job interview that will be over in 15 minutes, this is not a Channels TV interview, this is a meeting lasting several days. You dont know if this was an opening remark or what came before this. This is a clip taken out of context

Excuse me, every person sitting there has a bunch of written crib notes. He could have been more spontaneous, I agree. But there is nothing wrong with what he said...
Shut up!!!
Re: Buhari Answering A Question About Youths At UN, Nigerians React (Video) by Rapmoney(m): 10:42pm On Sep 25, 2019
post=82566989:

Lol cheesy.
This wan don categorize himself among the lazy youths teytey.
And the ones that know they are not lazy are busy with work.
No wonder u dey shout of hunger everyday.
No go find work do.

Make una dey think before una dey type now.
Yeye post.
Stale and boring!
Re: Buhari Answering A Question About Youths At UN, Nigerians React (Video) by godofuck231: 10:42pm On Sep 25, 2019
ZombieTAMER:
sad sad

Any country that voted something like this as a president deserves to be the poverty capital of the world...

Oh... Nigeria is already that

God punish all those who queued Up under hot sun to vote this calamity

May bad things never depart their house hold

Evil people everywhere
you are a victim of a corrupt system and failed system that no longer serves the people, instead the people serve the system and still get raped .
Re: Buhari Answering A Question About Youths At UN, Nigerians React (Video) by NGpatriot: 10:44pm On Sep 25, 2019
dokie:

No its not.

Youth was not the question, you people are just too slow and shallow sorry to say.

Was it a youth event, population event or a climate event? Not of the participants was asked to discuss youths or population and non of them discussed youth or population because it was a climate change event.

The woman referenced our youth population to highlight the importance of climate change.

Why must our president to give a speech about youths at a climate event where the rest of the participants discussed the topic of discussion, climate?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Answering A Question About Youths At UN, Nigerians React (Video) by Qadaffi2idiamin: 10:45pm On Sep 25, 2019
He is my role model because he is the greatest con man in Nigeria's history grin
Re: Buhari Answering A Question About Youths At UN, Nigerians React (Video) by Purifychy(f): 10:46pm On Sep 25, 2019
Buhari is a disgrace both Local and International grin
Re: Buhari Answering A Question About Youths At UN, Nigerians React (Video) by Nobody: 10:46pm On Sep 25, 2019
Jasseyfrd:

Basket mouth.. I sight u

Klint d drunk well done.
Re: Buhari Answering A Question About Youths At UN, Nigerians React (Video) by NGpatriot: 10:47pm On Sep 25, 2019
midnighter:

She only framed the question with reference to the country's high percentage of young people...the real question was actually about climate change. She mentioned "youth" because she wanted to know the agenda for the country going forward. So the question should be answered with respect to climate change and how it relates to youth, not the other way around.

This was why he mentioned all those dates "2030", "2040", etc. To show that there is a target to improve the country in the future for the youth. You need to read between the lines...

I thought it was self-explanatory?
Re: Buhari Answering A Question About Youths At UN, Nigerians React (Video) by snipernigga(m): 10:47pm On Sep 25, 2019
Bihari is right abeg, Nigerian yoots are responsible for most of the climate damage. Do you know the amount of weed smoke that they release to the climate everyday ���������
Re: Buhari Answering A Question About Youths At UN, Nigerians React (Video) by NGpatriot: 10:49pm On Sep 25, 2019
sosodevf:
My problem is when you are asked a question and you are still reading a written script.
Foolishness should not be celebrated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fvvb1MQTSQ

Modi of India and other participants answered from his prepared speech.

Stop embarrassing yourself.
Re: Buhari Answering A Question About Youths At UN, Nigerians React (Video) by osazsky(m): 10:49pm On Sep 25, 2019
This video was doctored o,when d lady asked Buhari what plans he has for d youth,his reply was that he slept with his wife last night with condom and he did 3 rounds,his wife was so happy and she gifted him a brand new car cuz d seex was so hot,BMC and APC keeps doctoring videos just to suit there selfish interest
Re: Buhari Answering A Question About Youths At UN, Nigerians React (Video) by Rolly22(m): 10:49pm On Sep 25, 2019
post=82562634:

They are so pathetic.
They are better left ignore. cheesy

Looking at the doctored video for the 2nd time.
What you wrote above is EXACTLY what happened.
It is appaling that few of our youths in the country have gone mad subconsciously cos of hatred for their nation.

It is always good and refreshing to know that we still have reasonable youths like you on this forum.
God bless you Mr John.

Though I don't like Buhari, but that Video was Doctored.
Re: Buhari Answering A Question About Youths At UN, Nigerians React (Video) by midnighter(f): 10:49pm On Sep 25, 2019
Dwizeone:

Let’s look at it differently, we are having a discussion as panelists with a moderator, and a question is thrown at you, would you start by your excellencies like Buhari did, will you read a full prepared note or show your knowledge about what was asked. Not being sentimental, this shows a lot to us, have you seen Buhari address issues and you can confidently beat your chest about the rightness and intellect of his answers. This can’t be the best we have to offer as a country. The reason we now support mediocrity is because we are seeing what is wrong as a norm.

For your information I saw this video since morning on twitter and it was posted by Tolu though he has deleted. This is embarrassing to say the least.

you are bringing up different issues:

1. Why did he start like that
2. The "rightness and intellect" of his answers

1. I dont know what stage of the summit this clip was taken from. If it came just after a speech from the Secretary General (as it sounds like it did), then theres nothing wrong with referring back to it to show that the country is on the same page as everyone else. This is a political event where everybody is playing a particular kind of game. besides, if someone asks you an opening question in a long debate or a panel discussion you have the right to frame it with an appropriate introduction. but if he just said it randomly for no reason because he saw it in his notes, then you would be correct to complain that he should have known better. We simply dont know.

2. There is absolutely nothing wrong with any of the points he made, from the smart technologies for agriculture to the replenishment of the Chad Basin. If you have a problem with the country moving away from gas-based industry into hydro and wind power, then I dont know what to tell you.

I dont know which video you are referring to, the shortened or the long version? It will affect how you see the interview. Why do you think people are so quick to circulate the short one?

Yes, he is not the best we have to offer. Yes, he is mediocre to say the least. I didnt want him to win. I dont like him, i dont even like hearing about him, i just stumbled on this perchance. But when I listened to the actual words of his answer, I personally couldnt see anything wrong with it.
Re: Buhari Answering A Question About Youths At UN, Nigerians React (Video) by CrestMan: 10:52pm On Sep 25, 2019
What a dullard this man is undecided

What a shame some people decided to bring this man FAILURE back to Aso Rock angry

Just imagine how these men were looking at the dullard as he was reading an irrelevant script and answering nonsense cheesy

1 Like

Re: Buhari Answering A Question About Youths At UN, Nigerians React (Video) by midnighter(f): 10:52pm On Sep 25, 2019
NGpatriot:

I thought it was self-explanatory?

I didnt get you, What is self-explanatory?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Igboho: Crowd At Yoruba Nation Rally In Ekiti (Pictures) / Femi Fani-Kayode At The Burial Of Hilary Chikwendu, His Father-In-Law In Anambra / Boko Haram Attacks Governor Zulum's Convoy Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.