Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife (26852 Views)

What Will You Do If Your Wife Is Secretly Building A House In Her Fathers Compou / I Don't Feel To Good About A Future With My Sibling / Building A Family: Can Your Home Last Without Finance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by midnighter(f): 3:17pm On Sep 26, 2019
Logobenz:
but he said without the wife,his business isnt going anywhere.
Maybe I understood wrong,someone please clarify.

He said his own is making profit but his wife's own will take a while to warm up

And without her support his own business will crash
Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by OkirikaDealer: 3:18pm On Sep 26, 2019
Hmm
Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by Fidelismaria: 3:19pm On Sep 26, 2019
Too vague

You can't get any meaningful advice with this

Add more details otherwise you are on your own
Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by baby124: 3:20pm On Sep 26, 2019
Why can’t you handle your business without her? What if your business fails? Then the whole family will be in trouble. One source of income is not it. Let her grow her own business. You can both support each other without demanding someone give up their dream and business for the other.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by Tinalex(f): 3:20pm On Sep 26, 2019
You sound selfish and egoistic, so if they 'l think she is the owner then what? Must you put your silly ego first? It shows you don't trust her n you are here posing reverse psychology to make her look bad!!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by Elijahrona(m): 3:21pm On Sep 26, 2019
faithfull18:
Don't even understand your writeup. And what is wrong if you support her and she owns the business

Like why is he feeling inferior already?

5 Likes

Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by healthserve(m): 3:21pm On Sep 26, 2019
Another day, another dose of family problem threads.
Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 26, 2019
midnighter:

He said his own is bringing out profit bit his wife's own will take a while to warm up

But I think his wife's own may bring more money later
The bolded cannot be trusted.No good businessman leaves a going concern for uncertainty.
His wife's might make more money later sounds like a bullshìt business plan to me. undecided
I clearly don't think that is the case because I will like to believe someone smart enough to build a yielding business should be able to know that is a wrong move.

1 Like

Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by jaxxy(m): 3:21pm On Sep 26, 2019
Tehila07:
For my discovered, best gift to earn me money, my wife must agree with the job. But my wife has a job which is at Cross purposes with my job. I'm the biggest asset she needs for her business to flourish, and she is the only person that must agree to work with me in my line of interest. That means if I lend my expertise for her business, she will still be seen as the owner. If she agrees to be with me in my field, her business will go down.

After back and forth arguments, I have realized that heaven will rather fall, wife won't support my business to leave hers behind. If she doesn't support mine, I won't go far in the business; if I fully support hers, she will own the business.

We will need many years to build her business before it can support a family. My own is currently supporting the family. Does that mean I married a wrong person?

What seems like a solution is if I can find another job that won't affect her business. But the only thing I like most is what I'm doing currently.

Ur businesses work against each other business? Let’s be objective and practical or business minded a little. Which of these 2 business has more potential I’m not talking about short term peanuts bt long term serious bucks? That’s is the business both of you should focus on and have a 50/50 partnership agreement so it’s both of you investment/business.

I know u have a passion for yours bt if it doesn’t have higher or enormous potential then it shud just be a hobby rather than core business investment. Think business minded, profit minded and objectively. Ur wife’s business can be urs also if u work together and have the agreements.

Yes ur business will go down bt wud u be richer for it? If yes then I don’t see the problem here. It’s a wiser business move. Vice versa for ur wife.
Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by Harbeeorlar(m): 3:22pm On Sep 26, 2019
subtlemee:
Both of you should leave the business and find fresh ones for peace to reign

Can't expect less from a woman
Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by midnighter(f): 3:23pm On Sep 26, 2019
Logobenz:
The bolded cannot be trusted.No good businessman leaves a going concern for uncertainty.
His wife's might make more money later sounds like a bullshìt business plan to me. undecided
I clearly don't think that is the case because I will like to believe someone smart enough to build a yielding business should be able to know that is a wrong move.

Sorry I made a mistake. I have modified

His wife just doesn't want to leave her own to support his even though it's making some money
Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by ibawon(m): 3:26pm On Sep 26, 2019
Both of you are just to selfish to reach an agreement.
Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by ZinoFasisi: 3:27pm On Sep 26, 2019
Tehila07:
For my discovered, best gift to earn me money, my wife must agree with the job. But my wife has a job which is at Cross purposes with my job. I'm the biggest asset she needs for her business to flourish, and she is the only person that must agree to work with me in my line of interest. That means if I lend my expertise for her business, she will still be seen as the owner. If she agrees to be with me in my field, her business will go down.

After back and forth arguments, I have realized that heaven will rather fall, wife won't support my business to leave hers behind. If she doesn't support mine, I won't go far in the business; if I fully support hers, she will own the business.

We will need many years to build her business before it can support a family. My own is currently supporting the family. Does that mean I married a wrong person?

What seems like a solution is if I can find another job that won't affect her business. But the only thing I like most is what I'm doing currently.

The work no get name?

More like 1 wants to sell weed, the other wants to sell bible.

Cos i can't think of businesses that contradict each other.

Tell the two businesses or the two unsupported future na, so can give well informed advice

What if it's weed u wanto start selling in a shop and ur wife wants to sell bible in d same shop. we won't know and be saying ur wife is not supportive, meanwhile na u get problem.

Eyan pablo escober

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by emerged01(m): 3:27pm On Sep 26, 2019
AJIBOLA840:
that's why they say you should pray before getting married. shameless and selfish woman
Don’t jump into conclusion. Sometimes our wives are our asset/ladder but due to our ego as a man we tend to kill their dreams for ours to come alive.
Some men are animal. I have a case study at hand.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by gbagyiza: 3:28pm On Sep 26, 2019
AJIBOLA840:
that's why they say you should pray before getting married. shameless and selfish woman

I must be frank in my comment, women are the most greedy set of beings I have come across. They are too selfish.

1 Like

Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by frozen70(f): 3:29pm On Sep 26, 2019
AJIBOLA840:

Stop it naw, why the abuse, he didn't say you should abuse her

Do you really know what transpired ❓

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by DaddyMorenike: 3:29pm On Sep 26, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I can only pity you.
You married Domitilla's elder sister; Karashika.

I don miss your comments sha.
Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by laivwire(m): 3:29pm On Sep 26, 2019
Whats up with the riddles , come out clean man.
Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by Remsilla(m): 3:30pm On Sep 26, 2019
if you want genuine advice, then u have to be open. what business do u do and what business does ur wife do. only then will I know what to give as an advice.
Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by oglinyaanya: 3:30pm On Sep 26, 2019
[For my discovered, best gift to earn me money, my wife must agree with the job. But my wife has a job which is at Cross purposes with my job. I'm the biggest asset she needs for her business to flourish, and she is the only person that must agree to work with me in my line of interest. That means if I lend my expertise for her business, she will still be seen as the owner. If she agrees to be with me in my field, her business will go down.
quote][

I think the main intent of their getting married is finally playing out. Let the Best Man win!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by glogirl(f): 3:31pm On Sep 26, 2019
Women cling to their source of income for security. Her money is her defence.
Have you made your wife feel insecure in any way? In fact, it might not even be you. All the negative news about marriages of today make participants very defensive, especially women.
If only we realise that ur marriage is urs and urs alone. You make what u want of it.
Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by badonkadonk: 3:41pm On Sep 26, 2019
Tehila07:

Must the two both of you work together..?

1 Like

Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by PHIPEX(m): 3:41pm On Sep 26, 2019
faithfull18:
Don't even understand your writeup. And what is wrong if you support her and she owns the business
He stated the wife's business can't feed the family. Isn't it easier for the wife to support a business that has a higher chance of success?

At Op, I feel your wife is afraid of losing out completely in the future. You may have to sit down and reassure her of her safety. You can also register or re-register your business and include her in the shareholding, that will make her see the business as her own too.
Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by phorget(m): 3:44pm On Sep 26, 2019
The op is so confused. Must your wife support your business before it florich? If you so much need some support then I guess you should employ a good hand.
Why must you make your business a family business for crying out loud?
Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by Nobody: 3:45pm On Sep 26, 2019
vivypretty:
shocked
you both are selfish and not fit to be in a marriage.
marriage is all about sacrifice and compromise which none of you is ready to give.
but didn't you guys talk about your different businesses before getting married or did you both start your different businesses after marriage?

We started different businesses after marriage
Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by wizkidblogger(f): 3:45pm On Sep 26, 2019
must the person be your wife? go find someone else that can push you jare...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by fk002: 3:47pm On Sep 26, 2019
Are you doing illegal business while your wife is a policewoman??

Because I am not getting it at all you haven't tell us what type of business you are both in.

Modified..

Oh you are a pastor
Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 26, 2019
chloride6:
Your write up is so vague...

You need to add the jobs involved so we can decide

Why do i feel both of you are in the "Ministry" ?

grin grin grin

I'm a pastor in one of the biggest churches in Nigeria. She started a school. Profit can't be in school business at the beginning. So I'm helping with teachers salary at times. But in ministry, if I'm transfered, she must follow me. Now the school is growing fast and she said she won't follow me if I'm transfered.

I've been a school teacher for years and I'm the academic backbone of the school.
Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by vivypretty(f): 3:49pm On Sep 26, 2019
Tehila07:

We started different businesses after marriage
which one will make the biggest amount of money from?
Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 26, 2019
midnighter:
He doesn't want to expose himself but its making it difficult to understand where he is coming from

What kind of business do they do

I'm a pastor in one of the biggest churches in Nigeria. She started a school. Profit can't be in school business at the beginning. So I'm helping with teachers salary at times. But in ministry, if I'm transfered, she must follow me. Now the school is growing fast and she said she won't follow me if I'm transfered.

I've been a school teacher for years and I'm the academic backbone of the school.

1 Like

Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by Nobody: 3:52pm On Sep 26, 2019
Fidelismaria:
Too vague

You can't get any meaningful advice with this

Add more details otherwise you are on your own

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by LoveThemChubby(m): 3:55pm On Sep 26, 2019
subtlemee:
Both of you should leave the business and find fresh ones for peace to reign
shocked grin grin hanty thank God you are not a judge o. The world for hear am grin. I rep your solution jor. That way everyone wins

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Rents Out Wife’s Room, Relocates Her To The Parlour / More Lagos Wives Beat Husbands, Says Commissioner / Why He Cheated: Your kitty Stinks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.