Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,937 members, 7,835,122 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife (26853 Views)

What Will You Do If Your Wife Is Secretly Building A House In Her Fathers Compou / I Don't Feel To Good About A Future With My Sibling / Building A Family: Can Your Home Last Without Finance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 26, 2019
ZinoFasisi:

The work no get name?

More like 1 wants to sell weed, the other wants to sell bible.

Cos i can't think of businesses that contradict each other.

Tell the two businesses or the two unsupported future na, so can give well informed advice

What if it's weed u wanto start selling in a shop and ur wife wants to sell bible in d same shop. we won't know and be saying ur wife is not supportive, meanwhile na u get problem.

Eyan pablo escober

Lol
I'm a pastor in one of the biggest churches in Nigeria. She started a school. Profit can't be in school business at the beginning. So I'm helping with teachers salary at times. But in ministry, if I'm transfered, she must follow me. Now the school is growing fast and she said she won't follow me if I'm transfered.

I've been a school teacher for years and I'm the academic backbone of the school.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by Carlyboi(m): 3:56pm On Sep 26, 2019
Bros nawao you need help but you’re still hiding your bruises inside babanriga shey we be peter or Joseph way you dey speak in parables to?abeg what’s our business to put our mouths in your business which is not open to us??
Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 26, 2019
Remsilla:
if you want genuine advice, then u have to be open. what business do u do and what business does ur wife do. only then will I know what to give as an advice.

I'm a pastor in one of the biggest churches in Nigeria. She started a school. Profit can't be in school business at the beginning. So I'm helping with teachers salary at times. But in ministry, if I'm transfered, she must follow me. Now the school is growing fast and she said she won't follow me if I'm transfered.

I've been a school teacher for years and I'm the academic backbone of the school.

1 Like

Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by Nobody: 3:58pm On Sep 26, 2019
TechCapon:
Mr man ur speaking in parables. I can't decipher what you're saying

Meanwhile, I heard buhari went to united nations and fall hands, abeg who has link to the video?
I got it
Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by Wickedfacts: 3:58pm On Sep 26, 2019
OP is already living in misery with that woman. Check his past posts
https://www.nairaland.com/4634299/im-regret-getting-married

My question is simple: Do you want to divorce, be happy and live long or remain married, live a long and miserable life?
Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by webngnews: 3:59pm On Sep 26, 2019
Oh
Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by midnighter(f): 4:01pm On Sep 26, 2019
Tehila07:

Ok I understand it now.

Hmm it's a tricky one but tell me, before you married did you discuss the possibility of having to move to some other place for ministry? That is a big consideration when going into marriage with a pastor.

From a Christian perspective, she is supposed to follow you wherever you are called. That's the essence of being a pastor's wife.

I've seen people move to all sorts of places and wife has to follow. Maybe you should get to the bottom of why she refuses to join you .

1 Like

Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by Carlyboi(m): 4:01pm On Sep 26, 2019
Tehila07:

Lol

Well it’s not that difficult you only need to reach a compromise for your pastoral role is it compulsory for your wife to move with you if or when you get transferred?if yes?then you have to motivate her by giving her incentives you can still continue pay some salaries especially that of your direct replacement since you teach there too and second since the school is going to need a new management if both of you leave then you should work together in finding a capable replacement who would continue driving the school and move it forward...why I said this is cos the school is like your wife’s baby her brain-child it won’t be easy for her to just let it go and move away or throw it away...!!but if it’s not mandatory for her to move with you then exit the school and let her continue to handle her school business and support her in ways you can afford too!

1 Like

Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by CarFixng: 4:05pm On Sep 26, 2019
Marriage Wahala never ends!

1 Like

Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by CarFixng: 4:06pm On Sep 26, 2019
smiley
AZeD1:
Am I the only one confused by this post?
Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by Nobody: 4:06pm On Sep 26, 2019
Wickedfacts:
OP is already living in misery with that woman. Check his past posts
https://www.nairaland.com/4634299/im-regret-getting-married

My question is simple: Do you want to divorce, be happy and live long or remain married, live a long and miserable life?

I was resisting calling into the pastoral ministry since 2010. I recently yielded to the pressure from people around me.

Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by keepingmum: 4:08pm On Sep 26, 2019
Tehila07:

Lol

I take it you are in the church i think you are in? Look at the lives of the other pastors that towed your path and ask your self if you will be fulfilled in 20 years? You will constantly be moved every 3 years and yet you are encouraged to up and move with your family - meaning your family can really only survive on your income.

You are an EMPLOYEE as long as you remain a pastor in that ministry.....your wife is a Business owner!! She has a job for life, together, you both have a job for life with her business, collectively, your children have a business they can inherit, should both of you stay and nuture that biz together.

Being a pastor in that ministry where you are poorly paid and your wife is only given a stipend "monthly sal/allowance" will never cut it for the lifestyle you are expected to "potray" to the public......you will forever live on the goodwill of church members, thats even if you are fortunate to rise to Senior pastor level.

My brother, speak with other pastors who got sacked or left the ministry and ask yourself if that path you are towing is the right one? If you must continue in ministry, please prep and start your own...

4 Likes

Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by Ogegod87: 4:10pm On Sep 26, 2019
But seriously, there shouldn't be my own or my wife's own in marriage. Whatever belong to you equally belongs to her and vice-versa.

Both of you don't understand what marriage is all about.
I had to read your post over over and over again to understand you.
Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by Qadaffi2idiamin: 4:11pm On Sep 26, 2019
How can your wife say she will not go on transfer with you? That's not how my mom or my sisters behave. Don't eat her food for three days joor!!
Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by Pearl05(f): 4:11pm On Sep 26, 2019
Chamladas:
Is it police and thief busines?

Me too I tire. Business that doesn't has name and an outsider can't be employed to work there.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 26, 2019
midnighter:

Ok I understand it now.

Hmm it's a tricky one but tell me, before you married did you discuss the possibility of having to move to some other place for ministry? That is a big consideration when going into marriage with a pastor.

From a Christian perspective, she is supposed to follow you wherever you are called. That's the essence of being a pastor's wife.

I've seen people move to all sorts of places and wife has to follow. Maybe you should get to the bottom of why she refuses to join you .

She knew I would become a pastor. My main church is a Pentecostal one. But where I met her, I was attending orthodox to hide from those who know I had been resisting the calling. When I finally made up my mind, I returned to my church. But she doesn't like Pentecostal churches because her church is orthodox.
Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by zomoears(m): 4:12pm On Sep 26, 2019
faithfull18:
Don't even understand your writeup. And what is wrong if you support her and she owns the business

You probably need to read it again.

Her business takes time to grow. His is currently supporting the family. If he abandons his business, the family finances will suffer for a long time before her business picks up, if it picks up. But he needs her support for his business to grow some more.

Easy way out is for her to support him to grow his own, generate the needed capital, and later grow hers. The family will suffer less financially.
Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by khalids: 4:14pm On Sep 26, 2019
which kin parable be this......is the work armed robber and police...

1 Like

Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by baby124: 4:15pm On Sep 26, 2019
Tehila07:

The school actually seems like it will be more profitable in the long run. Why don’t you open your own church Or ask your GO that you will like to be transferred within the state? Must you move from state to state to preach the word of God? If it’s not convenient for your family, don’t do it. If they sack you from that job nko? You will now deal with no money and an angry wife. The school business even seems more sustainable. Looks like your wife is the practical and reasonable one of you two.

I personally would not create an unstable life for my kids by moving them from place to place every few years. It can affect their social and educational opportunities. Especially when the pay we are relying on is not substantial. You have kids now, focus on what is best for their future and securing your retirement. Pastor work can always be a secondary focus or a second job. Put your effort in growing your business.
Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by Wickedfacts: 4:16pm On Sep 26, 2019
Tehila07:

I was resisting calling into the pastoral ministry since 2010. I recently yielded to the pressure from people around me.

If she doesn't follow you, what would happen?

From your past posts, your wife is a greedy fellow. However, some things must have made her so. She probably sees no future with you and you've made her see no future with you.

When you do that Church business (it's a business to me cos you're growing another man's vision), in your old age when you retire, would the church live with you?

Go and ask those who pressured you into ministry to talk to your wife. They pressured you, not that God called you. See the consequences?

I suggest you go and read books on the marital challenges of William Carey, John Wesley and Ayo Babalola.
Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by midnighter(f): 4:18pm On Sep 26, 2019
Tehila07:

She knew I would become a pastor. My main church is a Pentecostal one. But where I met her, I was attending orthodox to hide from those who know I had been resisting the calling. When I finally made up my mind, I returned to my church. But she doesn't like Pentecostal churches because her church is orthodox.

I don't mean to sound harsh but you haven't answered the question... I am an orthodox worshipper myself and visiting pastors come to my church from all over, equally trainee pastors will also be posted to another place where there is a vacancy. That's an obvious thing about being a pastor...

Did you guys discuss the possibility of moving around? Cos if you arrive in my church without your wife they will tell you to go and resolve your issues before you resume your duties

Excuse me, does she attend your church with you at all? What do you mean she doesn't like it...

When did you people realise that she doesn't like it and what does it have to do with being your wife....
Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by Bbbwings: 4:18pm On Sep 26, 2019
AZeD1:
Am I the only one confused by this post?
Not at all

2 Likes

Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by Sterope(f): 4:20pm On Sep 26, 2019
They will rot off and die if they don't. grin

badonkadonk:

Must the two both of you work together..?
Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by Nobody: 4:21pm On Sep 26, 2019
AJIBOLA840:
that's why they say you should pray before getting married. shameless and selfish woman

Both will have valid reason to think each others business will flourish.
Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by Sterope(f): 4:21pm On Sep 26, 2019
What about her dreams? Both of them need to figure themselves out so that they can't blame each other if shit hits the roof
PHIPEX:
He stated the wife's business can't feed the family. Isn't it easier for the wife to support a business that has a higher chance of success?

At Op, I feel your wife is afraid of losing out completely in the future. You may have to sit down and reassure her of her safety. You can also register or re-register your business and include her in the shareholding, that will make her see the business as her own too.
Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by Nobody: 4:23pm On Sep 26, 2019
midnighter:

I don't mean to sound harsh but you haven't answered the question... I am an orthodox worshipper myself and visiting pastors come to my church from all over, equally trainee pastors will also be posted to another place where there is a vacancy. That's an obvious thing about being a pastor...

Did you guys discuss the possibility of moving around? Cos if you arrive in my church without your wife they will tell you to go and resolve your issues before you resume your duties

Excuse me, does she attend your church with you at all? What do you mean she doesn't like it...

When did you people realise that she doesn't like it and what does it have to do with being your wife....

She just doesn't like our church. For instance, will you expect someone from a church where prophets always tell them prophecies to like RCCG? But she said prophecies revealed I'm the one before she agreed to marry me.
Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by Nobody: 4:24pm On Sep 26, 2019
This is what happens when ghe man becomes the woman and the woman becomes the man of the house. How can a woman who should support & help build a better future for the family be the same one causing obstruction. Them done cage that man destiny undecided

2 Likes

Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by Sterope(f): 4:25pm On Sep 26, 2019
How would you like to be blamed if your business doesn't work out?

Without a partner, won't the business survive at all?

Can't both of you come to some sort of arrangement that enables youse to share your time between both businesses?

Tehila07:

We started different businesses after marriage
Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by Nobody: 4:25pm On Sep 26, 2019
midnighter:

She was still visiting her church many times after marriage
Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by eme2015(m): 4:26pm On Sep 26, 2019
stillseth:
Everyday una go just wan dey give person reason not to even bother about marriage. ..na self interest women seems to dey find these days.
this people go dey make me fear
Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by Bbbwings: 4:26pm On Sep 26, 2019
zomoears:

You probably need to read it again.

Her business takes time to grow. His is currently supporting the family. If he abandons his business, the family finances will suffer for a long time before her business picks up, if it picks up. But he needs her support for his business to grow some more.

Easy way out is for her to support him to grow his own, generate the needed capital, and later grow hers. The family will suffer less financially.
Please pastoral work is not business grin
Re: I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife by baby124: 4:27pm On Sep 26, 2019
Tehila07:

So you scammed her into marrying you? She obviously did not sign up to be a pastors wife. You better go and focus on growing the school with your wife and preach on Sunday’s. That church is another man’s business.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Rents Out Wife’s Room, Relocates Her To The Parlour / More Lagos Wives Beat Husbands, Says Commissioner / Why He Cheated: Your kitty Stinks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.