Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,792 members, 7,810,061 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:46 PM

My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor (38170 Views)

I Rejected My Suitor’s Marriage Advances Because He Was 30 Years Older’ / Should I Accept My Sister's Husbands Marriage Proposal? / My Fiancée Is Requesting For 500K Before She Can Accept My Wedding Proposal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by Kiezodumah(m): 3:51am On Sep 27, 2019
ngwababe:
Does your boyfriend give you money willingly? Does he really take care of you the way you want?

What with ladies and money ? I don't don't jst get it. Perhaps I am the only one not understanding . Must a relationship centre around money ?. Dating a girl doesn't make her ur responsibility yet in any way. If at all money would be given, it should be voluntarily and necessary. No be parasitic association.

3 Likes

Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by ukahrawah: 3:54am On Sep 27, 2019
Mbaise people are the most honest people you may wish to know. It'll interest you to know that Odumegwu Ojukwu was hidden in Mbaise until he was cleared to go on exile. They don't joke with trust, they hate injustice. Please send this to your parents. You'll enjoy your marriage once you love your husband and respect your marriage. Remember to thank God later.

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by Rebuke: 4:14am On Sep 27, 2019
keepingmum:
The famous proverb " if you see a snake and an mbaise person, kill the mbaise person first as they are more dangerous ".

The mbaise tribe is like what the ijebus are to yorubas or the igbirra's to Kogi.

Very wicked, deceptive, desperately love money, do not treat other tribes well, manipulative and evil.

Please, where are yhu from again? Calling out people of certain tribe such despicable names tell alot about yhur person.

Ever heard of fallacy of generalisation? An error only the fools and illiterates commit.

I was once told the Yorubas are very dirty but guess what? I have them here as the neatest set of people to live with........I live among them and I am telling you my personal experience and not "them say", that's being literate.

Character is a personal thing, learn to treat or relate with someone as individual and not as a tribe.....

Be wise.

6 Likes

Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by Jossibest(m): 4:17am On Sep 27, 2019
Let marry Am from delta
Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by JERRY1925(m): 4:28am On Sep 27, 2019
pweeryambre:

during my youth service, the one I met was so kind and generous, but womanize a lot and very good looking too.
my neigbours husband is from thesame ahiazu mbaise, have refused to go and pay his wife dowry only did introduction and has impregnated her with 3 kids , the wife is from Enugu state, she still worried till today.
I also know a wicked mbaise man that I needed an assistance from, the conditions he gave me was just terrible, I had to back off.
they are nice people, I think, but the majority are just mean hearted..

Every tribe have such person.. U sounded like the said tribe was/is the problem of Nigeria.
Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by Judybash93(m): 4:30am On Sep 27, 2019
hamid6249:
I can allow my children to marry from any tribe or community as long as the suitor is not from IBADAN

I have my reasons ,my eyes don see wem for thier hands ..useless bunch of people

Oh my goodness... So, you mean every individual from Ibadan has the same virtue? grin grin
I need to leave this country

1 Like

Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by JERRY1925(m): 4:32am On Sep 27, 2019
mercyviv:
In Yoruba land, if you bring an Ijebu man home to be introduced to your parents, especially in parts of Ondo and Ekiti, I can assure you won't get your parents blessings.
Meanwhile...
Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to the best compilation of school lesson notes/plans, curriculum and exams. Visit my signature for details...

But why, have same issue with my girls parents all because I woke up to be from ogun.
Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by hamtabfawaz(m): 4:34am On Sep 27, 2019
Looking for A budget size phone with mad spec? just check out Vernee T3 Pro =
Vernee T3 Pro-5.5"- 4G LTE-3GB+16GB-13MP- battery ;4080mAh-Android 8.1-2 SIM-MTK6739 Quad-core Smartphone for just #22k
to order call or whatsapp zero7zero169611zero1
Pay on Delivery!!! fast delivery

Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by Ihecci24: 4:44am On Sep 27, 2019
keepingmum:
The famous proverb " if you see a snake and an mbaise person, kill the mbaise person first as they are more dangerous ".

The mbaise tribe is like what the ijebus are to yorubas or the igbirra's to Kogi.

Very wicked, deceptive, desperately love money, do not treat other tribes well, manipulative and evil.

Don't mind that girl wanting to marry an Mbaise guy. Body go tell you don't worry. I am from IMO state and my sister, my sincere advice to u is to look before you leap. I have had several encounters with them and any of my family members that brings home one should consider him or herself 'disfamilied'. Nne jukwa ese
Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by Ihecci24: 4:50am On Sep 27, 2019
[quote author=Rebuke post=82603104]

Please, where are yhu from again? Calling out people of certain tribe such despicable names tell alot about yhur person.

Ever heard of fallacy of generalisation? An error only the fools and illiterates commit.

I was once told the Yorubas are very dirty but guess what? I have them here as the neatest set of people to live with........I live among them and I am telling you my personal experience and not "them say", that's being literate.

Character is a personal thing, learn to treat or relate with someone as individual and not as a tribe.....

Be wise.

Lol plenty grammer.! The average mbaiise person believes that they are wiser than God self. The first thing that comes to their mind is how to outsmart you or play you for a fool. It is even a bragging right when they make fools out of others. I guess its their village culture, maybe it encourages mean-spiritedness.
Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by chieme123(m): 5:02am On Sep 27, 2019
Kcee14:
I am a girl of 26 years from Delta state. I have a guy I have been dating for close to 3years now and he is from mbaise. My guy told me that he is coming for introduction and I told my parents about it and they said over their dead body will they allow me marry from mbaise. Please,is anything wrong with Mbaise? Are there ladies here that are married to mbaise men and living happily. Please, I am really sad now. I need advice and answers

We have a saying amongst igbos.

If a snake and an mbaise man enter your house, don't worry about the snake. Kill the mbaise man first, because he is more dangerous.

However, I do not like to generalise, so.... Maybe this particular mbaise man is straightforward, unlike the rest of his kinsmen. Dunno.

I hope this helps.
Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by NoToPile: 5:08am On Sep 27, 2019
JERRY1925:

But why, have same issue with my girls parents all because I woke up to be from ogun.

Ijebus and Ondos/Ekitis have this long standing issue since ancient times I suppose. They tend not to like marrying each other. Funny enough its the ondos/ ekitis that are really against marrying the Ijebus, the Ijebus seem to be indifferent about it.

Ask whats the reason, you wont get a concrete reply from both parties.

But in recent times the beef has reduced there are lots of ekiti-ondo / Ijebu marriages.

Omo Ijebu ni mi oo Swagger cool
Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by agarawu23(m): 5:13am On Sep 27, 2019
keepingmum:

stfu! what happened to the ijebu's?
Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by Boyooosa(m): 5:14am On Sep 27, 2019
ASk them why first and come back here...
Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by JERRY1925(m): 5:15am On Sep 27, 2019
NoToPile:

Ijebus and Ondos/Ekitis have this long standing issue since ancient times I suppose. They tend not to like marrying each other. Funny enough its the ondos/ ekitis that are really against marrying the Ijebus, the Ijebus seem to be indifferent about it.

Ask whats the reason, you wont get a concrete reply from both parties.

But in recent times the beef has reduced there are lots of ekiti-ondo / Ijebu marriages.

Omo Ijebu ni mi oo Swagger cool

Abi o.
It's well.
I have sha given up in my head.
But she still beg me to hold on.
Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by Olami112: 5:16am On Sep 27, 2019
IT VERY FUNNY . YOU RE HAVING ISSUE LIKE THIS AND FIRST THING IS TO RUN TO SOCIAL MEDIA...
WHEN YOU HAVE GOD TO GUIDE AND DIRECT YOU .
SO WHEN YOU GUYS GET MARRIED AND HAVE SMALL ISSUE
YOU WILL STILL COME TO SOCIAL MEDIA AGAIN.

MY HONEST ADVICE IS SEEK GOD FIRST AND HE WILL DIRECT YOUR PATH.

YOU RE THE ONE TO MARRY THE GUY OH
NOT US. SO FACE YOUR REALITY WITH GOD YOURSELF.

SHIKANA
LOBATAN

1 Like

Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by josepireh12: 5:23am On Sep 27, 2019
<a href="https://www.genericday.com/vidalista-20-mg.html">VADALISTA</a> online at 100% trusted generic store to cure erectile dysfunction. Get 5% off offer valid till midnight
https://www.genericday.com/vidalista-20-mg.html
Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by VIRGINlabia(m): 5:31am On Sep 27, 2019
OH MBAISE MY FATHERLAND, THE TRIBE OF THE GREAT AND WISE MEN, GREAT IS THE DAY I WAS BORN AN MBAISE MAN BY MBAISE PARENTS.........A TRIBE FILLED WITH WISDOM AND KNOWLEDGE, THEY DO NOT SEGREGATE NEITHER DO THEY HABOUR HATRED .........

THEY ARE INDEPENDENT MINDED AND REFUSED TO BE USED AND DUMPED HENCED THEY ARE CALLED THE WISEST PEOPLE IN IGBOLAND...........VERY INDUSTRIOUS AND POTENT, ALWAYS STRIVE TO DEFEND THEIR RIGHT AND NOT TO BE SEEN AS FOOLS AND COWARDS..........WELL EDUCATED AND ARTICULATED HENCE THEIR LADIES ARE COSTLY IN MARRIAGE..........THEY ARE BEING NOTICED WHEREVER THEY ARE ......because A RISEN SUN CANNOT HIDE ITS SHINE.......NEGLECT THEM TO YOUR OWN PERIL ACCEPT THEM TO YOUR OWN GAIN.......

IN MY NEXT WORLD I PLEDGE WITH ALL MY SOUL, HEART, BODY, BLOOD AND MIND TO BE AN MBAISE MAN..........IF HE OR SHE IS NOT FROM MBAISE MY BROTHER HE/SHE IS HALF BAKED IN WISDOM

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by seangy4konji: 5:32am On Sep 27, 2019
executive12:

I believe you mean Ogwashi-Ukwu from Delta Igbo part of Delta State. Delta Igbo women are generally very nice and loyal.
yes bro... Very loyal.
Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by femi4: 5:38am On Sep 27, 2019
We ll be preaching one Nigeria yet we cannot achieve one Igbo/Biafra

1 Like

Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by Toneyo(m): 5:58am On Sep 27, 2019
There was never a proverb that says 'if you see a snake and an Mbaise man' bla bla bla. It is just a stereottpe from a.musician that had a misunderstanding with an Mbaise man.

I've come to.meet a lot of Mbaise people both male and female and they are wonderful people. Smart, kind, wise and sharp. There are bad ones amongst them too just like we have in any tribe.

I once had one as a female friend back then as a boy down to my adulthood. Very kind lady. I never knew she is an Mbaise lady until I got invitation for her wedding. I mean I've known this lady since I was a boy till I left that area as an adult in 2006.

Abeg make una dey travel and meet people instead of all this yeye stereotypes everywhere. Even the dreaded Fulanis have good souls among them.

This is the reason I dont like to visit nairaland or I just remain on ghost mode and read comments. Nairalamd has become the home for tribalism, religious war and stereotyping one tribe or the other.

This forum could have been the best place to unite Nigerians but no the MODEs are always quick to push useless post that turns the country apart all for traffic.

Abeg Nigerians try visit 'quora' and get enlightened with beautiful posts and comments. I bet you won't regret it. Come, visit and see sound Nigerians both home ans diaspora.

Sister, abeg try talk to your parents. At least the guy no date you for three years and say him no do again. In fact him even propose to you and want go see your parents.

That's is a good sign he is responsible and loves you. How many men ready for marriage this days?

5 Likes

Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by Trezagezz: 6:12am On Sep 27, 2019
fineheart:

[s][/s]Haba! Your use of English language is as bad as the quality of your advice. Which higher institution did you attend?
[s][/s]

Look at this pussy cat,
Do you think I finished jss3..
Meet me in Army Shopping complex to see were I have PhD in business...
But I can't just be blowing big grammar when the thread didn't come with one...
Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by Trezagezz: 6:14am On Sep 27, 2019
Obason22:
Ur side of story is based on mbaise woman getting
married to another man from
different state on tribe, what abt an mbaise man getting married to a lady from another state or tribe, what are d experience like.

I said it's a reverse psychology......
Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by Onyi22(f): 6:22am On Sep 27, 2019
I know their reasons
Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by m140(m): 6:25am On Sep 27, 2019
hamid6249:
I can allow my children to marry from any tribe or community as long as the suitor is not from IBADAN

I have my reasons ,my eyes don see wem for thier hands ..useless bunch of people
Please tell me more, i married an ibadan lady, but my mum was totally against it patApata
Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by m140(m): 6:27am On Sep 27, 2019
orimsamsam:
please sir , what your reasons
Want to know too
Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by Nobody: 6:33am On Sep 27, 2019
Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by Babaken(m): 6:38am On Sep 27, 2019
Those people are terrible i have many of them as friend but i apply wisdom dealing with them. Listen to your parents
Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by davidadenrele: 6:42am On Sep 27, 2019
With respect to all the diverse opinion been shared and given to you, I will give you my own candid advice and a bit of life experience there's a African proverb which says what an Elder sees while sitting a child might not see it even while standing or even climbing a tree, if you parents says no to your suitor it doesn't mean they hate you or they dont want your happiness where's there's no event there won't be history, you are 26yrs old your generation are the info tech age where social media, opinion are valued and where you feel like doing your own thing in your own way and parent advice don't count, dont do things you might later regrets later in life, yes 3 years of courtship is a long one with all the commitment and the promise of love, however wedding is a day, marriage is along lifetime journey full of ups and down, let go if they asked you to let go, before you regrets you action with a bitter tears our parents our little God's here on earth, they see ahead of us, they know what's best for us, we might not agree with them all the time and they might not be equally correct all the time but when it comes to life decision as this trust me, they have their reasons let go the best will come your way for good there reasons against your wish is beyond marrying mbaise people.

Cheers.

David.
Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by naijadrivablog: 6:49am On Sep 27, 2019
Bofoy4:
Run away my sister IMO state men are wicked one marry my sis for one year now and even with a child he refuse to take her from uyo to his village, IMO state men in fact most Igbo guy are use to the game
Run for ur life
Ur parents are not fools to take that decision

Stop talking nonsense! Stereotypes!
Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by Nat404: 6:51am On Sep 27, 2019
Kcee14:
I am a girl of 26 years from Delta state. I have a guy I have been dating for close to 3years now and he is from mbaise. My guy told me that he is coming for introduction and I told my parents about it and they said over their dead body will they allow me marry from mbaise. Please,is anything wrong with Mbaise? Are there ladies here that are married to mbaise men and living happily. Please, I am really sad now. I need advice and answers
Did you ask them why?
Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by Skmoda(m): 6:52am On Sep 27, 2019
seangy4konji:
Same way o can never marry any ijebu or ondo,ilesha,ijesha lady

My father married a second wife whose mother was from oguachi or something.. The mother was loyal for ever and so was the wife my father married from that side.. If I we as woman from that side.. Oguachi.. Till death to us part.
Ondo town I guess.....very stingy people

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Lady Pours Water On Her Boyfriend For Proposing To Her In Public (video) / 7 Major Causes Of Break-ups Of Today’s Relationships / Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.