Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,657 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor (38252 Views)

I Rejected My Suitor’s Marriage Advances Because He Was 30 Years Older’ / Should I Accept My Sister's Husbands Marriage Proposal? / My Fiancée Is Requesting For 500K Before She Can Accept My Wedding Proposal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by bluediesel03: 6:52am On Sep 27, 2019
bobkezel:
Hmmm
Mbaise people. All the atrocities committed in Igbo land are committed by mbaise people. They are very wicked and heartless. I heard Buhari's grandmother was from mbaise. The xenophobic attack in SA was started by an mbaise man. Evans the kidnapper is from mbaise. Rev king is from mbaise. Derico nwa mama was from mbaise. Eddy na nawgu was from mbaise. Otokoto was from mbaise. Gracious the serial killer was from mbaise. Adolf Hitler's grandfather was from mbaise. All the bad news u hear in Igbo land is only from mbaise.
The same way all Nigerians abroad are all bad people, all of them.
Bombocrats stereotype.
Terrible Things has happened, happening and will still happened I have not heard anyone coming from mbaise.Just like the names you mentioned.Very notorious names coming from South East non is from mbaise. Terrible things will still happen and it will surprise you,it will come from the so good towns.How can a town be bad when terrible things that shake Nigerians and the world at large hardly comes from the town.South East has produced a very notorious criminals of international standard non come from mbaise.I have been in this nairaland for some years,I have read terrible news from South East but non from this so call bad town.if you doubt me henceforth monitor towns in South East that habour and dish out terrible things.
Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by ursullalinda(f): 7:00am On Sep 27, 2019
executive12:

You encountered him. Have you really had much dealings with him?

It's a She and hasn't given a reason to complain. Don't generalise not everyone is bad
Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by kettle84(m): 7:00am On Sep 27, 2019
ChEkWaSIyKe:
To be honest, haven't read all the comments about Mbaise people here and nobody from Mbaise can be BOLD enough to open up and counter all the comment above, it means people are right about their comment.

Serious this has brought a bad reputation to the people of Mbaise from the way people attest to it. The whole world is watching and listening to this. The government, community leaders, parents, girls and boys should do something about this menace hence, that place will be no go area for marriage.

A friend of mine vow never to marry from IMO state as a whole. That he rather remain single that marry from IMO state.
The way people stereotype tribal issues is silly.Mbaise people are good people ,I am not from Mbaise but I most tell you that the world is a global village and everyone's behavior and character is shaped by agents of socialization.People from Mbaise travel and live elsewhere and have their orientation about life shaped according to their educational and environmental exposure enhance having a sound mindset and pattern of thought. we are humans and are imperfect.Who is good or which tribe is good in all aspects?Let's be guided with our condemnation of a people because hearts are being hurt by negative comments against the Mbaise people.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by Sam2310(m): 7:01am On Sep 27, 2019
Kcee14 u mean your parent didn't knew your guy tribe within those 3year? Because me am not understand why your parent have to do that now.

1 Like

Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by imitateMe(m): 7:04am On Sep 27, 2019
ngwababe:

I wasn't talking to you.
I was talking to you

1 Like

Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by efighter: 7:14am On Sep 27, 2019
johnaruson:
Because you are poor and not independent, if not, nobody has right on your choice of spouse. If marriage didn't work, you can separate peacefully.

This one is definitely from a broken home. Omolangidi.
Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by TemmyT002(m): 7:25am On Sep 27, 2019
Arrest them or sue them na
Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by TemmyT002(m): 7:26am On Sep 27, 2019
YorubaNinja:
Go marry a Yoruba guy, abeg... your parents would be very glad you did. cool They're the best! cool

Omo Yoruba nimi ooo... SWAGGERRR !!!

Osheyyy
Your head dey there

1 Like

Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by TemmyT002(m): 7:27am On Sep 27, 2019
hamid6249:
I can allow my children to marry from any tribe or community as long as the suitor is not from IBADAN

I have my reasons ,my eyes don see wem for thier hands ..useless bunch of people

This is tribalistic
Nawa for you o
Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by stormborn28(m): 7:27am On Sep 27, 2019
ngwababe:
Does your boyfriend give you money willingly? Does he really take care of you the way you want?
nawa ooooo...money matter again
Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by SimpleDimples: 7:31am On Sep 27, 2019
The rejected stone will be a corner stone.

Ì am from Imo and I got 2 responsible and hardworking in-laws from mbaise.

Irrespective of your town, tribe or colour, whoever is good is good, and who is deadly is deadly.

6 Likes

Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by stormborn28(m): 7:34am On Sep 27, 2019
Lamasta:
Know the reason/reasons why they refuse to allow you marry him after 3 years of dating.

The essence of every relationship is marriage if it won't lead to marriage then break it earlier
your last statement is superb

1 Like

Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by Toneyo(m): 7:37am On Sep 27, 2019
I have a friend whose younger brother married before him. His younger brother found a woman he wants to marry but his parents refused all because she is from Imo state. This said man is from Anambra.

The union was dissolved and he married his parents preferred choice. My friend had same issue. He found himself entangled with woman from Imo state and precisely Mbaise woman. Same thing his parents did but he followed his heart and went ahead and married her.

Today, my friend his still happily married. 9 years now. And each time we come to contact he put his wife on high esteem. He always says she is the best thing that has happened to him. Her people are the best inlaws so far among the brothers wives.

The one that married his parents preferred choice, the woman is the trouble in that family. Every December she causes trouble. Evert August meeting she will always have fights with the senior wives in the family. No respect for her mother inlaw. She will farm where is not given to her as her portion.

Parents are not always right. Sometimes they push you to your doom.

Just like my friend Kunle I met in secondary school (we are still friends till today) got an Igbo girl pregnant. She bore him a daughter but Kunle's people refused him to marry her because she is an Igbo. Kunle later married his parents preferred choice (a beautiful Yoruba lady).

Till day they are accusing her of being the cause to the cardiac arrest that took the life of my friend's mom. She always fights her mother inlaw and wouldn't give breathing space. No child yet for Kunle from that lady.

Lucky enough, the Igbo girl wasnt yet married, Kunle had to retrace his step and got a second wife. She has 3 for him now.

My brother, sometimes parents decisions in our lives can bring us pains or ruins.

davidadenrele:
With respect to all the diverse opinion been shared and given to you, I will give you my own candid advice and a bit of life experience there's a African proverb which says what an Elder sees while sitting a child might not see it even while standing or even climbing a tree, if you parents says no to your suitor it doesn't mean they hate you or they dont want your happiness where's there's no event there won't be history, you are 26yrs old your generation are the info tech age where social media, opinion are valued and where you feel like doing your own thing in your own way and parent advice don't count, dont do things you might later regrets later in life, yes 3 years of courtship is a long one with all the commitment and the promise of love, however wedding is a day, marriage is along lifetime journey full of ups and down, let go if they asked you to let go, before you regrets you action with a bitter tears our parents our little God's here on earth, they see ahead of us, they know what's best for us, we might not agree with them all the time and they might not be equally correct all the time but when it comes to life decision as this trust me, they have their reasons let go the best will come your way for good there reasons against your wish is beyond marrying mbaise people.

Cheers.

David.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by Pearl05(f): 7:50am On Sep 27, 2019
franchasng:
Stop peddling fake news, its not a proverb in Igbo land pls, it was culled from a revenge and hate-filled highlife song track sang by Dansach to criticize his former band leader Dr. Sir Warrior who happens to come from Mbaise, stop spreading fake news with boldness cheesy cheesy cheesy

Na so others will hear it from you and keep spreading it without knowing how it all started.

Just look at how he boldly said: "there is an addage in Igbo...." no be only addage, na addax in your village, fake news carrier shocked

Thank you so much. The Danseach was even the first to go against there agreement and tried to defraud Dr. sir warrior; whom being a mbaise man hated injustice and cheats like passion. Warrior then outsmarted the Dansach so out of anger that his plans didn't work out he sang that rubbish song that made people to see mbaise as mean and wicked folks.

There are wicked people everywhere but that shouldn't make us generalized a clan. I my family, there are relatives that I won't even enter their house to drink water, I can't take a handshake from them none let them touch me either in dream nor reality. But that doesn't mean that my town people are bad.

I'm not even from IMO state talk more of mbaise.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by johnaruson(m): 7:52am On Sep 27, 2019
Fulish comments, you are a syndicate of a broken hom.
efighter:

This one is definitely from a broken home. Omolangidi.
Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by stormborn28(m): 8:01am On Sep 27, 2019
pweeryambre:

during my youth service, the one I met was so kind and generous, but womanize a lot and very good looking too.
my neigbours husband is from thesame ahiazu mbaise, have refused to go and pay his wife dowry only did introduction and has impregnated her with 3 kids , the wife is from Enugu state, she still worried till today.
I also know a wicked mbaise man that I needed an assistance from, the conditions he gave me was just terrible, I had to back off.
they are nice people, I think, but the majority are just mean hearted..
hmmmmm...."majority "have settled the case
Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by nlPoster: 8:14am On Sep 27, 2019
Do mbaise or Imo people practice polygamy?

Why are some posters pushing second wife and blah blah orisirisi on the thread? Is the OP a second wife?

Also playing tag "name and shame" as if nobody can see what they're doing?
Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by Jaguar77: 8:14am On Sep 27, 2019
Kcee14:
I am a girl of 26 years from Delta state. I have a guy I have been dating for close to 3years now and he is from mbaise. My guy told me that he is coming for introduction and I told my parents about it and they said over their dead body will they allow me marry from mbaise. Please,is anything wrong with Mbaise? Are there ladies here that are married to mbaise men and living happily. Please, I am really sad now. I need advice and answers

I for one, I'm against stereotypes because I know that no society is 100% perfect, people should be judged individually and not based on their society or family background.

What matters is if the guy loves and cares for you because dating for 3 years you must have known his good and bad characters. In that sense you know what kind of man he is

Just ask your parents the reason for their decision then get to explain to them how different your guy is, maybe they might give him a chance to prove himself and get to know him better

1 Like

Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by RollsRoc(m): 8:16am On Sep 27, 2019
Listen to your parents. Mbaise is like Ijebu

1 Like

Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by virago(f): 8:32am On Sep 27, 2019
ngwababe:
Does your boyfriend give you money willingly? Does he really take care of you the way you want?

Are you implying that giving money willingly is a true sign of love
Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by virago(f): 8:34am On Sep 27, 2019
slimanyd:
Ur parents knows best.

But assuming u told ur parents that the guy is the son of a senator from mbaise now, Am sure they will change topic straight up

Most times parents don't always know the best in situations like this

1 Like

Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by owelle22(m): 8:34am On Sep 27, 2019
Thank your stars dat u have a good parents
Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by Nobody: 8:40am On Sep 27, 2019
Just know parents are not always right?
The world of their time isn't that of today.With the evolve of technologies we can meet people from different part of the world,while during their time they only interact with people within their locality.

Just pray and hope it ends fine,life is a gamble.And when you in, if the odds are against you,stick to it its your choice.

1 Like

Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by larryking540: 8:44am On Sep 27, 2019
virago:

Are you implying that giving money willingly is a true sign of love

My dear dat is d definition of Love to a Nigeria girl o, he must be giving me money

That's y many fall into the hands of one chance husband nowadays and after 1 year they start looking for a way out of d marriage,,,,,
Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by nlPoster: 8:49am On Sep 27, 2019
OP you forgot to add: I created a new id in order to make this post. . .
Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by genitori(m): 8:54am On Sep 27, 2019
Kcee14:
I am a girl of 26 years from Delta state. I have a guy I have been dating for close to 3years now and he is from mbaise. My guy told me that he is coming for introduction and I told my parents about it and they said over their dead body will they allow me marry from mbaise. Please,is anything wrong with Mbaise? Are there ladies here that are married to mbaise men and living happily. Please, I am really sad now. I need advice and answers

Well, you have to try and know their reasons; this is
Africa, without their consent no marriage.

I also here people say I'll not (or will not allow my child) to marry from this particular tribe, religion, social class, race, and so sort, just because they are 'evil'; and so are you too asking what sort of people the 'mbaise' are. I don't really believe this; tribe, religion, social class, race, etc do not determine the sort of 'heart' one has. There are good and evil people in all tribes, religions, social classes, races, etc.

So, back to the point, try and know their reasons. if the reason is not based on 'den say den say' then it is historically based.
Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by nini007(m): 8:58am On Sep 27, 2019
Kcee14:
Listen to your parents please. They always know. I know it'll be difficult but just listen to them, they love you.
Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by Teerach: 9:01am On Sep 27, 2019
You dated a guy for three years. Ask ur sef this question, can I do five years with him? Can I do ten? If the answer is yes, get him to introduce himself to them. Get to talk with your parents before he comes. STOP GENERALIZATION.
Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by Bahddo(m): 9:04am On Sep 27, 2019
Nigerian parents are too difficult, coupled with the tribal bigotry prevalent in Nigeria.

They prefer you marry a devil from the tribes they accept, than marry an angel from a tribe they don't like. Sometimes they have no meaningful reason except a bad experience they once had with someone from there.

As if we don't all have bad people in our tribes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by Bahddo(m): 9:08am On Sep 27, 2019
nini007:
Listen to your parents please. They always know. I know it'll be difficult but just listen to them, they love you.
no they do not always know,, although they would never admit it. They are humans too and are prone to emotional judgements based on stereotypes.

True, it is usually motivated by love but the motivation does not validate the method. Many parents have stifled their children's potential out of love, and others have ensured their children get married to terrible persons from 'good' families or tribes.

1 Like

Re: My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor by Nobody: 9:14am On Sep 27, 2019
khiaa:

What does this have to do with Americans?
Because of this tongue

https://www.nairaland.com/5410485/sex-tourism-booming-big-business/1#821541963

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

10 Exceptionally Unique Romantic Names You Can Call Your Partner / Man Marries Lady Who Snubbed Him For 5 Years / Check Out My New Year Pictures, Shey I Fine? (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.