Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,205 members, 7,836,006 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival (50224 Views)

Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi Celebrates Her Mother's Birthday (Pictures) / Ooni Of Ife's Wife Stepped On "Osùn", Not Blood / Meet Simi Oluwaseyi Phebian, Sister Of Ooni Of Ife's Wife Changes Her Bio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by Bimpe29: 8:37pm On Sep 29, 2019
From pulpit to shrine. embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by alabimustcry: 8:46pm On Sep 29, 2019
Chinekepikin:
The Ooni if Ife and his beautiful wife, Olori Prophetess Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi at the Olojo festival in Ile-Ife, Osun state.

See more photos and Watch The Video Below⤵

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2_0zUKA3Wa/

Source: https://www.thenaijafame.com.ng/2019/09/the-ooni-if-ife-beautiful-wife-olori.html?m=1

see oni's wife so clean and beautiful.. not Tacha that painted herself with paint..
Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by Dreew(f): 9:03pm On Sep 29, 2019
This girl is beauty and beauty is her.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by uuzba(m): 10:05pm On Sep 29, 2019
TAO11:
Yes!

This is the costume/regalia of the Ooni Ife from the earliest times.

I'm super glad that Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi, Ojaja II is connecting again with our roots in Ile-Ife. cheesy

cc:
1. ola33t
The 1000 Yoruba mark for him face nko?
Oni needs to add that one O.
Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by uuzba(m): 10:06pm On Sep 29, 2019
Dreew:
This girl is beauty and beauty is her.
Bleach.
She bleached herself
This the kind of ladies I fear.
Fine face, but juju and jazz allover the rest of the body

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by uuzba(m): 10:07pm On Sep 29, 2019
Bimpe29:
From pulpit to shrine. embarassed
Its a hard one for Yoruba people.
One needs to Christianise one's culture
Europeans did that. They just Christianise their pagan celebration. Go to church on said days of the year.
Or let go of bad cultures that cannot be Christianised.
You've already been told, "No one can serve two masters. You will either hate the one and love the other".
Our problems in Nigeria are as a result of un-Christianised cultures.
You cannot say you are serving God and still actively serving mammon
Just take it that you are serving mammon.
Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by Mercy2006(f): 10:13pm On Sep 29, 2019
uuzba:

Why won't you just face your own two faced Igbo cultists.
I mean people who attend okija shrine and and still go to mass on Sunday.
Is that not supposed to be enough headache for you?
No,you must add Yoruba own join
Your head go burst o at this rate.
Anything Yoruba critic grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by TAO11(f): 10:19pm On Sep 29, 2019
uuzba:

The 1000 Yoruba mark for him face nko?
Oni needs to add that one O.

Is there any health condition called selective seeing?? Lol.

I'm asking because I attached two pictures of ancient Ife bronze artefacts.

In other words, not every family, today or in the past, has the same tradition of facial scarification ---- See one of your Igbo brothers in the attachment below.

Now jog along!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by TAO11(f): 10:24pm On Sep 29, 2019
Mercy2006:

Why does this comment give me so much joy?? grin I hope I'm not wicked. Hahaha

Okija and Otokoto shrine skulls quickly come to mind. grin grin

Wait, I have an ingenious explanation:

May be those shrine skulls were in commemoration of the death of John the Baptist --- the forerunner of "our" Lord and personal Saviour. Hahaha ...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by ollypapi(m): 10:33pm On Sep 29, 2019
AutoReportNG:

LOL... You wan put words for my mouth abi? God pass you...

Ooni is a Christian, many times I have seen him in churches including Redemption Camp... He acknowledges there is God, he is a strong Christian, na all these tradition just make am undecided on his faith...

Abeg no ask me any questions again, I am.not feeling fine...

Christianity is not just religious..it is faith in Christ Jesus..A relationship and is totally otherwise to any traditions...
oni is only being religious n being religious no enter heaven

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by uuzba(m): 10:38pm On Sep 29, 2019
madjune:
Africans will remain confused in the match into the future so far as they continue to mix some god extolling culture with religion.

I'm not against anyone upholding his or her culture.
But, when your culture openly or subtly acknowledges the omnipotence of some smaller gods in your region and, at the same time you go Ibadan expressway every first week of the month to give praises to the almighty God; you will forever be confused.

Our problems don tey e start.
You see, in Europe, Christianity began spreading faster after someone converted the King to Christianity
The king is the head of the culture/tradition. Once he is a convinced Christian, he will Christianise the traditions. That's what happens in Europe.
In Nigeria here, people are Christians. Their king is not. They find themselves serving 2 masters which is impossible. So their are not strong Christians. Hence all the corruption in the land despite the night vigil shouting and praying.
The tradition has to be Christianised before our problems will stop in Africa.

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by uuzba(m): 10:46pm On Sep 29, 2019
Mercy2006:
I'm not Igbo
I was born in Lagos. But have Delta heritage
So in any group of people, I am always the minority and hold neutral views.
Igbo and their shrine jazz, I no just know for them
One should just learn a language of any people, speak with them, but stay away from their culture and practice Christianity.
Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by mastermaestro(m): 11:45pm On Sep 29, 2019
uuzba:

You see, in Europe, Christianity began spreading faster after someone converted the King to Christianity
The king is the head of the culture/tradition. Once he is a convinced Christian, he will Christianise the traditions. That's what happens in Europe.
In Nigeria here, people are Christians. Their king is not. They find themselves serving 2 masters which is impossible. So their are not strong Christians. Hence all the corruption in the land despite the night vigil shouting and praying.

Well articulated!
Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by salford1: 12:00am On Sep 30, 2019
TAO11:
Yes!

This is the costume/regalia of the Ooni Ife from the earliest times.

I'm super glad that Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi, Ojaja II is connecting again with our roots in Ile-Ife. cheesy

cc:
1. ola33t
That is the costume of Obalufon (descendant of Obatala). Obalufon's descendants reigned after the demise of Odua and before the return of Oranmiyan. Oduas lineage regained the throne after the arrival of Oranmiyan.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by salford1: 12:15am On Sep 30, 2019
Charleys:
the Ooni does not worship God.
Olojo itself is a celebration of God.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by MrImole: 12:34am On Sep 30, 2019
KingOdart:
Kabiyeesi ooo

Alase Ikeji Orisa

Nope, he is not the second in command to òrìsà. (aláse ìkejì òrìsà), he is rather oònirìsà. (He is òrìsà already).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by TAO11(f): 12:35am On Sep 30, 2019
salford1:

That is the costume of Obalufon (descendant of Obatala). Obalufon's descendants reigned after the demise of Odua and before the return of Oranmiyan. Oduas lineage regained the throne after the arrival of Oranmiyan.

Thanks bro.

But can you provide me with any authoritative historical evidence showing that this is the costume/regalia of Obalufon??

Moreover, three kings reigned in Ife after Oduduwa who are called Obalufon namely:

Obalufon Ogbogbodirin a.k.a. Osangangan-Obamakin who is the 1st Obalufon and 2nd Ooni --- Obalufon I.

Indigenous Yoruba scholars today, such as Professor S. Adebanji Akintoye, argue that he is the same king of Ife called Ogun.

NB: There were other Oguns in Ife who were not necessarily kings.

Obalufon Alayemore who is the 2nd Obalufon and 3rd Ooni --- Obalufon II.

A cast of what this man looks exactly like still exists till date. See the first attached screenshot below to see what he looked like.

He is credited, in Ife traditions, as the one who "introduced" the technique of metal casting to Ife.

Obalufon Ejigimogun who is the 3rd Obalufon and 4th Ooni --- Obalufon III.

These guys are the children of one another in that order. So, which of these three men do you refer to?

Having said that, I had earlier attached two pictures of two different ancient Ife bronze artefacts, each of which clearly represents two different individuals.

More than that, each of the two different individuals come from a different early Ife dynastic line as will be demonstrated below:

Scholars are in agreement today that one of the two early Ife dynastic lines had the practice of vertical parallel facial scarification, while the other didn't.

Cornelius O. Adepegba (1976) et al., on one hand, argues that the vertical parallel facial scarification belonged to the Oduduwa dynastic line in Ife.

But Suzanne P. Blier (2012) et al. on the other hand, more recently, argues for the opposite --- i.e. that this practice of vertical parallel facial scarification comes from the earlier Ife dynastic line.

Regardless of which is correct, there is however a consensus that the practices (of vertical parallel facial scarification, and of NO vertical parallel facial scarification) belong respectively to two separate and distinct early Ife dynastic lines.

In light of this background, I humbly ask:

How then can this regalia be exclusive to a certain Obalufon (fom the earlier Ife dynastic line) when the same regalia is obviously seen (from the hard surviving archaeological evidence I had attached earlier) on another Ooni from the Oduduwa dynastic line (if not Oduduwa himself)??

Please clear this up for me with authoritative historical evidence.

Moreover, just to be quite assertive, this regalia is not exclusive to any certain Obalufon. Rather, it is the unique distinctive regalia of all the Oonis of Ife since the earliest times.

In addition to the evidence of the two different bronze casts I have already adduced, the following is an additional piece of evidence:

The Ife dynastic line which established the Eweka dynastic line of Benin is from the Oduduwa's, through Oranmiyan, right? Yes!

The second attached screenshot below is the figure of an Ooni of Ife who was reigning at a period in history when the Eweka dynastic line had already been established in Benin kingdom.

This same regalia under discussion is adorned by this attached figure of the Ooni, and this figure was dug up by a team of archaeologists from the ancient Oba palace at Benin kingdom.

This figure of the Ooni stood in the then Oba of Benin palace as a symbol of the authority, suzerainty, and imperialism of this overlord, i.e. the Ooni of Ife.

See the second attachment below.

Cheers!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by KingOdart(m): 1:14am On Sep 30, 2019
uuzba:

Bleach.
She bleached herself

She is light in complexion

Continue to Wail in pain all over the thread

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by KingOdart(m): 1:27am On Sep 30, 2019
uuzba:

One needs to Christianise one's culture
Europeans did that. They just Christianise their pagan celebration. Go to church on said days of the year.
Or let go of bad cultures that cannot be Christianised.
You've already been told, "No one can serve two masters. You will either hate the one and love the other".
Our problems in Nigeria are as a result of un-Christianised cultures.
You cannot say you are serving God and still actively serving mammon
Just take it that you are serving mammon.

Suddenly Yoruba culture and tradition is the cause of all your problems in Nigeria no longer your visionless, greedy and selfish leaders

Even the west don't carry Christianity on their head like you guys

West have legalized gay and lesbianism that are against your Christianity but somehow you still call them Christians and ass lick them while you call your own race the real devil's worshippers.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery or continue to be their slave.

People like you are our problem in Nigeria

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by Ratello: 1:34am On Sep 30, 2019
efighter:
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

MURIC can still remember what happened to Oba of Lagos Tupac Akiolu when the idiot(Akiolu) tried to to embarrass the Ooni, igbakeji Orisa. That day, Ooni just smiled and moved on. In less that three weeks, Thunder struck in Oba of Lagos yahoo palace at midnight. The Oba of Lagos was seen running helter skelter in dirty smelling boxers, it was Igbo boys that the Oba of Lagos once threatened to throw into Lagos Lagoon that now helped the yahoo king.

grin grin cheesy grin grin grin I don die
Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by Ratello: 1:37am On Sep 30, 2019
TAO11:

Thanks bro.

But can you provide me with any authoritative historical evidence that this is the costume of Obalufon??

Moreover, three kings reigned in Ife after Oduduwa who are called Obalufon, viz.

1st Obalufon --- 2nd Ooni: Obalufon Ogbogbodirin a.k.a. Osangangan-Obamakin.

Indigenous Yoruba scholars today, such as Professor S. Adebanji Akintoye, argue that he is the same king of Ife called Ogun.

NB: There are other Oguns in Ife who were not necessarily kings.

2nd Obalufon --- 3rd Ooni: Obalufon Alaiyemore.

A cast of what this man looks exactly like still exist till date. See the attached screenshot below to see what he looked like.

He is credited, in Ife traditions, as the one who "introduced" the technique of metal casting to Ife.

3rd Obalufon --- 4th Ooni: Obalufon Ejigimogun.

These guys are the children of one another in that order. So, which of these three men do you refer to?

Having said that, I had earlier attached two pictures of two different ancient Ife bronze artefacts, each of which clearly represents two different individuals.

More that that, each of the two different individuals come from a different early Ife dynastic line as will be demonstrated below:

Scholars are in agreement today that one of the two early Ife dynastic lines had the practice of vertical parallel facial scarification, while the other didn't.

Cornelius O. Adepegba (1976) et al., on one hand, argues that the vertical parallel facial scarification belonged to the Oduduwa dynastic line in Ife.

But Suzanne P. Blier 2012 et al. on the other hand, more recently, argues for the opposite --- i.e. that this practice of vertical parallel facial scarification belonged to the earlier Ife dynastic line.

Regardless of which is correct, there is however a consensus that the practices (of vertical parallel facial scarification, and of NO vertical parallel facial scarification) relate respectively to two different dynastic lines of Ife.

In light of this background, I humbly ask:

How then can this regalia be exclusive to a certain Obalufon (fom the earlier dynastic line) when the same regalia is obviously seen (from the hard surviving archaeological evidence I had attached earlier) on another Ooni from the Oduduwa dynastic line (if not Oduduwa himself)??

Please clear this up for me with authoritative historical evidence.

Moreover, just to be quite assertive, this regalia is not exclusive to any certain Obalufon. Rather, it is the unique distinctive regalia of of all the Oonis of Ife since the earliest times.

In addition to the evidence of the two different bronze casts I have already adduced, the following is an additional piece of evidence:

The Ife dynastic line which established the Eweka dynastic line of Benin is the Oduduwa's, through Oranmiyan, right? Yes!

The second attached screenshot below is the figure an Ooni of Ife who was reigning at a period in history when the Eweka dynastic line had already been established in Benin kingdom.

This same regalia under discussion is depicted by this attached figure of the Ooni, and it which was dug up by a team archaeologists from the ancient Oba palace at Benin kingdom.

This figure of the Ooni stood in the then Oba of Benin palace as a symbol of the authority, suzerainty, and imperialism of this overlord, i.e. the Ooni of Ife.

See the second attachment below.

Cheers!

This is so rich and real.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by TAO11(f): 1:43am On Sep 30, 2019
Ratello:

This is so rich and real.

Thanks brother!

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by TAO11(f): 1:45am On Sep 30, 2019
efighter:
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

MURIC can still remember what happened to Oba of Lagos Tupac Akiolu when the idiot(Akiolu) tried to to embarrass the Ooni, igbakeji Orisa. That day, Ooni just smiled and moved on. In less that three weeks, Thunder struck in Oba of Lagos yahoo palace at midnight. The Oba of Lagos was seen running helter skelter in dirty smelling boxers, it was Igbo boys that the Oba of Lagos once threatened to throw into Lagos Lagoon that now helped the yahoo king.

Poor Sowore is probably facing similar backlash now. embarassed
Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by KingOdart(m): 2:04am On Sep 30, 2019
uuzba:

You are still mentally enslave to your white masters and you are trying your best to copy them because to you they are perfect and only what they do is right.

The same white people have now legalized homosexuality, Transgender, gay, lesbianism that are all against what Christianity stand for unless you now believe Jesus was gay too according to those fagg0ts.

But somehow you slavery loving Africans still think of them as Christians that must be ass lick despite the legalization of those immoralities in their societies.

Sodom and gomora is now a child play compare to the Western world

You must also be advocating for homosexuality and transgender in Nigeria because the Europeans practices and approved it too

The most popular Religion in China is their traditional religion and they are very progressive.

The Europeans that legalized homosexuality are now no longer pagans but real christians to you while your own race are the true devil worshippers grin

The Europeans are hardly having any problems for legalizing immoralities and all kind of things the Bible is against and their crimes against humanity but it is the Africa continent that must drown in problems for every silly things.

Wow you are indeed mentally enslave to your white masters

5 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by lekidating: 6:52am On Sep 30, 2019
tiredoflife:

I rebuke u satan
Oni is not a Christian
U yorubas should stop mixing juju with christianity the way u do it with islam
Try to read a bit of history...what you term JuJu is what our fore father's have been practicing, they pray for peace in the land, for the women to be fruitful, they pray for bountiful harvest, yet you tag it JuJu...God is not restricted to Christianity and Islam...there are hundreds of religions, learn more history it will help you.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by Dreew(f): 8:29am On Sep 30, 2019
uuzba:

Bleach.
She bleached herself

Ahn ahn. Pics of when she was dark orrrrr I don't believe it.
Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by Kaymaxine(m): 8:52am On Sep 30, 2019
KingOfAllIgbos:
shocked

No disrespect to the King (OONI) but he might have incisions on his prick (singbeere si ori oko) shocked

I dey fear those traditional rulers. If you knack their concubines, you fit enter spiritual Black hole.

If you wink at his babe, your eyes fit gum! shocked

Twuale!
And what's your business with that
Am sure you are part of the people contributing money to buy perfume and body wash for tacha!!!
Elenushipoti
Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by olajigaolamide: 10:56am On Sep 30, 2019
He is well beaded like the real oduduwa
Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by gregyboy(m): 11:45am On Sep 30, 2019
TAO11:
Yes!

This is the costume/regalia of the Oonis of Ife from the earliest times.

I'm super glad that Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi, Ojaja II is connecting again with our roots as it used to be in Ile-Ife. cheesy

cc:
1. ola33t

When we tell the Yoruba's they origin dates from benin they will argue....

The pop of a tribe does not anount its origin
Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by gregyboy(m): 11:45am On Sep 30, 2019
olajigaolamide:
He is well beaded like the real oduduwa

Who is from benin
Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by olajigaolamide: 11:49am On Sep 30, 2019
gregyboy:

Who is from benin

That's very incorrect

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by gregyboy(m): 12:32pm On Sep 30, 2019
olajigaolamide:

That's very incorrect

Nope its true ....

First pics a sculpture of a benin chief found at ife with a rounded bead and is closed hands just like a typical benin chief

Second picture comedian edopikin with a typical benin bead outfit just like the onni of ife

Third pics shows yorubas mornachs wearing the original brown beads beads of the yoruba people

The ooni getting to wear a red coral bead shows nothing but its true origin from benin ,as is rest other kingsmen wear different set of beads ....

They were so many benin chiefs that influenced the yorubas at ife just like the typical benin chief in the sculpture above

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Puts Python In His Mouth In Osun State (Photos) / Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples / Olori Memunat, Alaafi Of Oyo's Wife Celebrates Her Birthday With Stunning Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.