Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,279 members, 7,836,244 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival (50229 Views)

Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi Celebrates Her Mother's Birthday (Pictures) / Ooni Of Ife's Wife Stepped On "Osùn", Not Blood / Meet Simi Oluwaseyi Phebian, Sister Of Ooni Of Ife's Wife Changes Her Bio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by Atigba: 1:55pm On Oct 01, 2019
TAO11:

I didn't ask you for all that. My question is simple:

In what century did the so-called Mr Idu (and his group) first arrive in your present homeland?

Now answer!

We have been where we are, we are not migrants

Osanobua created us there, oh you want me to say we are from Israel.

No.
Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by TAO11(f): 2:09pm On Oct 01, 2019
Atigba:

We have been where we are, we are not migrants.

Osanobua created us there, oh you want me to say we are from Israel.

No.

Hmmm! God created Mr. Idu and placed him in Benin City.

This is getting interesting!

*So, tell me was Mr. Idu not bored, being the first and only human?

*Where did Mr Idu's descendants come from?

*Did God create Mr Idu's wife from Mr Idu's ribs? grin

Having said that, I'm not sure where the name Israel popped out from.

I simply asked you an entirely different question that does not mention the name of any country or place. Why then did you get worked up and defensive.

Q: What is 1+1 ?
A: You want me to say 11.

Like seriously?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by Atigba: 2:21pm On Oct 01, 2019
TAO11:

Hmmm! God created Mr. Idu and placed him in Benin City.

This is getting interesting!

*So, tell me was Mr. Idu not bored, being the first and only human?

*Where did Mr Idu's descendants come from?

*Did God create Mr Idu's wife from Mr Idu's ribs? grin

Having said that, I'm not sure where the name Israel number out from.

I simply asked you an entirely different question that does not mention the name of any country or place. Why then did you get worked up and defensive.

Q: What is 1+1 ?
A: You want be to say 11.

Like seriously?

Stop reading the Bible or Koran
Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by TAO11(f): 2:40pm On Oct 01, 2019
Atigba:

Stop reading the Bible or Koran

I'm only asking you simple questions in contrast to popular creations stories. grin

I expected you to seize the opportunity to put the Edo account out there to the world.

Why not grab this golden opportunity to explain how Mr Idu (the supposed first man) got to Benin city. grin

And how his descendants came about. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by TAO11(f): 3:15pm On Oct 01, 2019
You would notice that the potential answers to these questions are gradually getting to the realm of mythology and oral tradition.

And in the light of that, I like to inform you (with references) that a prominent oral tradition of the Edo people themselves (known as the "Iso Norho" tradition) has the following to say:

1. Olukumi, Idu, Igbon, and Izon et al. are all the original inhabitants of Uhe.

2. After Idu's death, his children (i.e. Akka, Efa, and Emehi) had "to migrate from Uhe to the present site of Benin City ... where they displaced a group of original settlers Ivbirinwineko ("dwarfs from the spirit world" )."

For reference, see:
Roger Blench and Matthew Spriggs, "Archaeology and Langugae 1: Theoretical and Methodological Orientations", 2003, pp. 312-313.

Note: In this oral tradition of the Edo people, Olukumi refers to the progenitor of the Yorubas, Idu refers to the progenitor of the Edos, Igbon refers to the progenitor of the Igbos, Izon refers to the progenitor of the Ijaws, and Uhe refers to Ile-Ife.

I hope you're man enough to uphold this extant tradition of your own ancestors. grin

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by Atigba: 3:19pm On Oct 01, 2019
TAO11:

I'm only asking you simple questions in contrast to popular creations stories. grin

I expected you to seize the opportunity to put the Edo account out there to the world.

Why not grab this golden opportunity to explain how Mr Idu (the supposed first man) got to Benin city. grin

And how his descendants came about. grin

Adapted from Naiwu Osahon’s book: THE END OF KNOWLEDGE- By Naiwu Osahon

In the beginning, Osanobua (God, Oghene-Osa, decided to populate the world so He asked His four sons in Erinmwin (Heaven) to choose whatever gift of nature each fancied. The oldest chose wealth, the next in age chose wisdom, the third chose mysticism (spiritual energy) and as the youngest was about to announce his choice, Owonwon (the Toucan) cried out to him to settle for a snail shell. This did not make sense to him but he settled for it all the same. The brothers laughed at his stupid choice but Osanobua said it was a wise choice. That when they get to the middle of the water where He was sending them, the youngest son should pour the sand in his snail shell into the water.

There was no land only water everywhere and the four sons were in a canoe, sailing, drifting, propelled by the power of eziza (wind). In the middle of the water stood a tree on top of which lived (Owonwon) the toucan. The importance of the emergence of the tree before man on earth is not lost on modern science, which recognizes that without the tree manufacturing oxygen, life on earth would have been impossible. Modern science has also confirmed the Edo cosmology that birds, insects etc, preceded man to earth. The Edo myth of creation was earth based in scope.

When the children got to the middle of the water, the youngest son poured his snail shell sand into the water resulting in an explosion from the bottom of the water that forced volumes of sand to gush out of the water and fill up space around them for as far as the eyes could see. With the explosion, the four elements of creation, amen (water), eziza (air), arhen (fire) and oto (sand or land), were in place. Land was everywhere but the kids did not know what it was. They were afraid to climb out of the canoe to step on the land, so they sent the Chameleon to test its firmness. That is why the Chameleon walks with hesitation.

The youngest son of Osanobua was the only spirit out of the four sons who could have the physical human body attribute on stepping on the land, because that was the advantage of the physical or material choice he made. It was put in his hand from heaven. The other sons were deities. The youngest son, the ruler of the earth, represents innocence and so is susceptible to the powers of the deities, his brothers. These same weak and strong, good and evil, physical and spiritual, influences form the basic elements of all modern religions, with man endowed with the power to make choices.

Junior wanted his older spirit brothers to remain with him on his land. The oldest brother chose to take his spirit gift and live in what was left of the water. The other two brothers accepted junior’s invitation and deposited their spirit selves and gifts on the land as soon as they stepped on it from the canoe. Junior stepped on his land gingerly at first, then vigorously, stamping hard and repeatedly on it, running and rolling over it. He looked around and felt good and happy with his enormous gift. He called his land agbon (earth) and himself, Idu, meaning the first human on earth. He decided to walk around and explore the extent and nature of his gift. It had trees, shrubs, birds, animals, insects, which all came out of water with the land, and the land sprawled endlessly. After walking for a while pushing through shrubs; almost stepping on insects, ants and crawlers; talking to birds that appeared to be serenading him and animals that came close or ran from him, he was tired. He sat on the stump of a tree to rest, later lying on the ground to sleep.

While asleep, Osanobua came down with a chain from heaven, looked around to ensure that everything was in place, including the Sun and the Moon that were to regulate day and night and the seasons. When Idu woke up, he was excited to find himself in the presence of a huge, soothing illumination, surrounded by darkness. The earth was dark. He knew he was in the presence of the ‘Almighty’ and did not want to look directly at the illumination. He went down humbly and quickly on his knees to thank Osanobua for the immense earth gift bestowed on him.

“You are happy then?” Osanobua asked Idu. “Very, very,” Idu said, adding humbly, “but I am hungry. I have not eaten since I arrived here? What do I do for food?” Osanobua said, “Stretch your hand up above your head; the sky would respond by coming close to your hand. Pluck whatever you need from the sky. Don’t pluck more than you need to eat to satisfy your hunger at any one time though.” ”I won’t, I won’t,” Idu said eagerly, stretching his right hand right away to pluck a mouthful of food from the sky. As he munched away happily, eyes and head rolling to show joy and satisfaction, he managed to mumble, “It tastes very nice, I love it.” “What else do you need?” Osanobua asked Idu. “Dad, I could do with a human companion. I am lonely. My brothers are spirits and I can no longer relate with them,” Idu said. Osanobua said, “You are not flesh and blood alone. You are part spirit too. Your spirit brothers are not far away. Experience would teach you how to harness wisdom, one of your spirit brothers, which would teach you how to combine your physical and spiritual energies to cultivate wealth and spiritual fulfillment, your other two spirit brothers.”

Osanobua gave the oldest son control of the waters. The Edo call this son, Olokun (meaning god of the waters). Olokun represents aspects of life such as good health, long life, good luck, prosperity and happiness, to which man may appeal through ritual purity. The other spirit sons were allowed the freedom to use their magical powers to balance out the negative and positive forces of nature. To shorten the process of acquiring spiritual wisdom, Osanobua strengthened the mystical energy with three new forces: Oguega, Ominigbon and Iha, to provide humans with spiritual guidance to differentiate rights from wrongs.

Osanobua then told Idu to take sand with both palms from the ground and stretch his hands close together in front of him. As soon as Idu did as he was told, Osanobua called forth a female person, pointing His staff where she appeared in front of Idu. “Whao,” Idu exclaimed on beholding the beautiful female person standing in front of him. She smiled happily and went down on her knees to greet Osanobua, looking at Idu who she also greeted. Idu held her hands in response and hugged her. Osanobua said, “She is Eteghohi (a woman) and you are Etebite, (a man). In marriage you would multiply to ensure there is no shortage of hands in the management of the earth’s resources.”

As Osanobua was making to leave, Idu politely asked: “What if we have other problems and want to reach our creator quickly?” Osanobua said, “You can individually live for up to five hundred years, but you can come to me at will through your individual spirit self, ehi, whose double is permanently with me in heaven. All you would need to do is climb the Alubode hill and you are with ehi in heaven, who would bring you to me.”
As Osanobua left to his abode where the earth, water, and the sky meet, darkness was lifted from the earth.

Life was sweet and easy and before long, Idu and his wife, Eteghohi, were making babies. As the years rolled by, generations of extended Idu’s family began to spread out in all directions, setting up communities, villages and towns. The different communities farthest from base spoke variations of Idu language and knew that they came from one common ancestor, Papa Idu, the ancestor of all mankind.
Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by Atigba: 3:22pm On Oct 01, 2019
TAO11:
You would notice that the potential answers to these questions are gradually getting to the realm of mythology and oral tradition.

And in the light of that, I like to inform you (with references) that a prominent oral tradition of the Edo people themselves (known as the "Iso Norho" tradition) has the following to say:

1. Olukumi, Idu, Igbon, and Izon et al. are all the original inhabitants of Uhe.

2. After Idu's death, his children (i.e. Akka, Efa, and Emehi) had "to migrate from Uhe to the present site of Benin City ... where they displaced a group of original settlers Ivbirinwineko ("dwarfs from the spirit world" )."

For reference, see:
Roger Blench and Matthew Spriggs, "Archaeology and Langugae 1: Theoretical and Methodological Orientations", 2003, pp. 312-313.

Note: In this oral tradition of the Edo people, Olukumi refers to the progenitor of the Yorubas, Idu refers to the progenitor of the Edos, Igbon refers to the progenitor of the Igbos, Izon refers to the progenitor of the Ijaws, and Uhe refers to Ile-Ife.

I hope you're man enough to uphold this extant tradition of your own ancestors. grin

Anywhere you see Idu, know our children is there

Like Idumota Lagos
Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by TAO11(f): 3:32pm On Oct 01, 2019
Atigba:

In the beginning, Osanobua (God, Oghene-Osa, decided to populate the world so He asked His four sons in Erinmwin (Heaven) to choose whatever gift of nature each fancied. The oldest chose wealth, the next in age chose wisdom, the third chose mysticism (spiritual energy) and as the youngest was about to announce his choice, Owonwon (the Toucan) cried out to him to settle for a snail shell. This did not make sense to him but he settled for it all the same. The brothers laughed at his stupid choice but Osanobua said it was a wise choice. That when they get to the middle of the water where He was sending them, the youngest son should pour the sand in his snail shell into the water.

There was no land only water everywhere and the four sons were in a canoe, sailing, drifting, propelled by the power of eziza (wind). In the middle of the water stood a tree on top of which lived (Owonwon) the toucan. The importance of the emergence of the tree before man on earth is not lost on modern science, which recognizes that without the tree manufacturing oxygen, life on earth would have been impossible. Modern science has also confirmed the Edo cosmology that birds, insects etc, preceded man to earth. The Edo myth of creation was earth based in scope.

When the children got to the middle of the water, the youngest son poured his snail shell sand into the water resulting in an explosion from the bottom of the water that forced volumes of sand to gush out of the water and fill up space around them for as far as the eyes could see. With the explosion, the four elements of creation, amen (water), eziza (air), arhen (fire) and oto (sand or land), were in place. Land was everywhere but the kids did not know what it was. They were afraid to climb out of the canoe to step on the land, so they sent the Chameleon to test its firmness. That is why the Chameleon walks with hesitation.

The youngest son of Osanobua was the only spirit out of the four sons who could have the physical human body attribute on stepping on the land, because that was the advantage of the physical or material choice he made. It was put in his hand from heaven. The other sons were deities. The youngest son, the ruler of the earth, represents innocence and so is susceptible to the powers of the deities, his brothers. These same weak and strong, good and evil, physical and spiritual, influences form the basic elements of all modern religions, with man endowed with the power to make choices.

Junior wanted his older spirit brothers to remain with him on his land. The oldest brother chose to take his spirit gift and live in what was left of the water. The other two brothers accepted junior’s invitation and deposited their spirit selves and gifts on the land as soon as they stepped on it from the canoe. Junior stepped on his land gingerly at first, then vigorously, stamping hard and repeatedly on it, running and rolling over it. He looked around and felt good and happy with his enormous gift. He called his land agbon (earth) and himself, Idu, meaning the first human on earth. He decided to walk around and explore the extent and nature of his gift. It had trees, shrubs, birds, animals, insects, which all came out of water with the land, and the land sprawled endlessly. After walking for a while pushing through shrubs; almost stepping on insects, ants and crawlers; talking to birds that appeared to be serenading him and animals that came close or ran from him, he was tired. He sat on the stump of a tree to rest, later lying on the ground to sleep.

While asleep, Osanobua came down with a chain from heaven, looked around to ensure that everything was in place, including the Sun and the Moon that were to regulate day and night and the seasons. When Idu woke up, he was excited to find himself in the presence of a huge, soothing illumination, surrounded by darkness. The earth was dark. He knew he was in the presence of the ‘Almighty’ and did not want to look directly at the illumination. He went down humbly and quickly on his knees to thank Osanobua for the immense earth gift bestowed on him.

“You are happy then?” Osanobua asked Idu. “Very, very,” Idu said, adding humbly, “but I am hungry. I have not eaten since I arrived here? What do I do for food?” Osanobua said, “Stretch your hand up above your head; the sky would respond by coming close to your hand. Pluck whatever you need from the sky. Don’t pluck more than you need to eat to satisfy your hunger at any one time though.” ”I won’t, I won’t,” Idu said eagerly, stretching his right hand right away to pluck a mouthful of food from the sky. As he munched away happily, eyes and head rolling to show joy and satisfaction, he managed to mumble, “It tastes very nice, I love it.” “What else do you need?” Osanobua asked Idu. “Dad, I could do with a human companion. I am lonely. My brothers are spirits and I can no longer relate with them,” Idu said. Osanobua said, “You are not flesh and blood alone. You are part spirit too. Your spirit brothers are not far away. Experience would teach you how to harness wisdom, one of your spirit brothers, which would teach you how to combine your physical and spiritual energies to cultivate wealth and spiritual fulfillment, your other two spirit brothers.”

Osanobua gave the oldest son control of the waters. The Edo call this son, Olokun (meaning god of the waters). Olokun represents aspects of life such as good health, long life, good luck, prosperity and happiness, to which man may appeal through ritual purity. The other spirit sons were allowed the freedom to use their magical powers to balance out the negative and positive forces of nature. To shorten the process of acquiring spiritual wisdom, Osanobua strengthened the mystical energy with three new forces: Oguega, Ominigbon and Iha, to provide humans with spiritual guidance to differentiate rights from wrongs.

Osanobua then told Idu to take sand with both palms from the ground and stretch his hands close together in front of him. As soon as Idu did as he was told, Osanobua called forth a female person, pointing His staff where she appeared in front of Idu. “Whao,” Idu exclaimed on beholding the beautiful female person standing in front of him. She smiled happily and went down on her knees to greet Osanobua, looking at Idu who she also greeted. Idu held her hands in response and hugged her. Osanobua said, “She is Eteghohi (a woman) and you are Etebite, (a man). In marriage you would multiply to ensure there is no shortage of hands in the management of the earth’s resources.”

As Osanobua was making to leave, Idu politely asked: “What if we have other problems and want to reach our creator quickly?” Osanobua said, “You can individually live for up to five hundred years, but you can come to me at will through your individual spirit self, ehi, whose double is permanently with me in heaven. All you would need to do is climb the Alubode hill and you are with ehi in heaven, who would bring you to me.”
As Osanobua left to his abode where the earth, water, and the sky meet, darkness was lifted from the earth.

Life was sweet and easy and before long, Idu and his wife, Eteghohi, were making babies. As the years rolled by, generations of extended Idu’s family began to spread out in all directions, setting up communities, villages and towns. The different communities farthest from base spoke variations of Idu language and knew that they came from one common ancestor, Papa Idu, the ancestor of all mankind.

This is exactly the point I was making --- that is, to defend your rash claims, you would have to stop towing the path of verifiable historical reality and start towing the path of mythology and oral tradition.

I hope you do not assume that both are one and the same thing.

However, my question was not about the mythology or oral tradition of the Edo people, it was about verifiable historical reality --- in relation to which archaeology, etc. can be brought to bear.

Now, since you've obviously admitted your incapability to answer my question of the origins of the Edo people (which borders on history, not on mythology), I am now happy to discuss mythology with you by presenting to you the mythology of the Edos themselves which claim that the aboriginal Edos are originally from Ile-Ife.

In case you missed it earlier, here you go again:

A prominent oral tradition of the Edo people, known as the "Iso Norho" tradition, has the following to say:

1. Olukumi, Idu, Igbon, and Uzon et al. are all the original inhabitants of Uhe.

For reference, see:

Note: In this oral tradition of the Edo people, Olukumi refers to the progenitor of the Yorubas, Idu refers to the progenitor of the Edos, Igbon refers to the progenitor of the Igbos, Uzon refers to the progenitor of the Ijaws, and Uhe refers to Ile-Ife.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by TAO11(f): 3:51pm On Oct 01, 2019
Atigba:

Anywhere you see Idu, know our children is there

Like Idumota Lagos

Lmao! 🤣

Anyway, lemme educate you sha.

The word "Ìdú" in Idumota is a pure Yoruba word. A more popular variant of same term is "Ìdó".

This term signifies a location/site where one stops to settle/encamp at in the course of a journey.

It is seen in active everyday use in the word "Ìdú-ró".
May be your Mr. Idu's name is reminiscent of this Yoruba word. After all, your "Iso Norho" tradition says that he is originally from Ile-Ife.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by TAO11(f): 4:06pm On Oct 01, 2019
Atigba:

Moreover, the account here is only a redaction of the Yoruba creation account.

It all made sense now as to why the "Iso Norho" tradition of the Edo people claimed that it all happened at Ile-Ife.

Cheers!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by Atigba: 4:30pm On Oct 01, 2019
TAO11:

Moreover, the account here is only a redaction of the Yoruba creation account.

It all made sense now as to why the "Iso Norho" tradition of the Edo people claimed that it all happened at Ile-Ife.

Cheers!

Yoruba has their own creation account, which is different from Idu. We are distinct people

What is Iso Norho?
Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by TAO11(f): 4:51pm On Oct 01, 2019
Atigba:

Yoruba has their own creation account, which is different from Idu. We are distinct people

What is Iso Norho?

1. Idu is not the name of the Edo creation account, rather it is the name of one of the characters in the account.

2. Yes, the Yoruba creation account features, (i) a promordial earth filled with water, (ii) sand filling by some heavenly persons, (iii) a chameleon testing the land's firmness, and so forth.

3. My point is that the account you copied and pasted is simply a redaction of this Yoruba account. You can pretend all you like not to see the parallel.

4. What finally nails it as a redaction of the Yoruba account is the fact that a prominent tradition of the Edo people claims that the aboriginal Edos are originally from Ife.

I have noted this already with reference. Scroll up a little to see it.

5. I'm quite disappointed in you that I have to teach you what "Iso Norho" is. You're supposed to be the Edo person here, aren't you?

Anyways, "Iso Norho" is the title of the Edo myth of the "Pouring Sky" in which it is claimed, among other things, that:

Oghene created everyone including Olukumi, Idu, Igbon, and Uzon to reside originally in Ile-Ife.

After which Idu's death caused his children (Akka, Efa, and Emehi) to migrate to found the present site of Benin/Igodomigodo.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by Atigba: 5:40pm On Oct 01, 2019
TAO11:

1. Idu is not the name of the Edo creation account, rather it is the name of one of the characters in the account.

2. Yes, the Yoruba creation account features, (i) a promordial earth filled with water, (ii) sand filling by some heavenly persons, (iii) a chameleon testing the land's firmness, and so forth.

3. My point is that the account you copied and pasted is simply a redaction of this Yoruba account. You can pretend all you like not to see the parallel.

4. What finally nails it as a redaction of the Yoruba account is the fact that a prominent tradition of the Edo people claims that the aboriginal Edos are originally from Ife.

I have noted this already with reference. Scroll up a little to see it.

5. I'm quite disappointed in you that I have to teach you what "Iso Norho" is. You're supposed to be the Edo person here, aren't you?

Anyways, "Iso Norho" is the title of the Edo myth of the "Pouring Sky" in which it is claimed, among other things, that:

Oghene created everyone including Olukumi, Idu, Igbon, and Uzon to reside originally in Ile-Ife.

After which Idu's death caused his children (Akka, Efa, and Emehi) to migrate to found the present site of Benin/Igodomigodo.

Lol

Every culture have their own creational myth, the Greek, Indians, Chinese, Israel, Ille Ife and Igodomigodo.

That there is a kind of similarity doesn't mean we are the same people. You asked for our own account of creation and I highlighted it for you. You are trying to make it suit your own dilution.

We IDU don't know Ille Ife people, we don't have the same culture, greet the same way or eat the same food. I can't even eat you guys food. Know I don't hate Yorubas, am just trying to illustrate how far we are from each other.

I have told you before the relationship between us and Ife. Orominyan came into our land in 1170Ad with horse men. He sail through Osen river to Udo and settled in Uselu later where he was trying to rule.

If you see Edo people practice any culture that mimic what is optainable in Ife, know it is the Oba of Benin who is a descendant of Orominyan that introduced the practice and he is forcefully trying to link Edo people to Ife, the same way they fraudulently fabricated Ekalerdehan story.

Again, Edo is just a clan of Idu children. Pa Idu children are very many, other of our clans has no clue of your so called Iso Norho.

These are the list of Idu children worldwide.

Igodomigodo/Edo North

Ora
Afema
Etsakos
Akoko-Edos
Ekperis
Igalas
Esan

Owan

Akoko-Edo

Etsako

Igede

And other ethnic groups along that axis to Kogi, Kwara, and Benue States. Etc etc.

IGODOMIGODO/EDO EAST:
Igbanke
Umunede
Ogwashikwu
Iselukwu
Asaba
In fact the whole of Ika Ibos and the entire South East,
Enugu Ezike

Onitsha-Idu

Aboh Kingdom

Ukwani etc etc.

IGODOMIGODO/EDO WEST:
Ondo
Akotogbo
Owo
Ado-Ekiti

Ondo (Ẹdo N'ekue)

Royal and Noble houses of Lagos state

Eko - Etinosa in Lagos State
Including the Ijaws in the West

IGODIMIGODO/EDO SOUTH:
Urhobos,
Isokos,
Itshekiris,
Engennis,
Ogbas,
Ekpeyes,
Ikwerres/Iwhurohnas,
Nembes,
The Ijaws in the South-South,
Izon,
Ogbia,
Epie
Atissa,
including the Urhobos, Isokos in Bayelsa State etc,
Abua,
Degema,
Ndoki,
Andoni,
Kalabari
Ndonni

Apie

Kula

Zarama

Degema

Tombia

Abonema

Part of Etchie - Rivers
Ukwa East in Abia State,
Obolo and Ikot Abasi in Akwa Ibom State which are now part of Ijaw Youths Congress (IYC) and Ijaw National Congress (INC)

WEST AFRICAN COUNTRIES:
Togo (notably the General Eyaedema family)

20. Ancient GA people of Ghana.
21, the Acient Ewe people of volta Region Ghana
22, the people of Ewe Togo
23, the Fone people of Benin republic
24, The IGBO Idu Eri (AGULARE)

Etc.
Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by TAO11(f): 6:08pm On Oct 01, 2019
Atigba:

Lol

Every culture have their own creational myth, the Greek, Indians, Chinese, Israel, Ille Ife and Igodomigodo.

That there is a kind of similarity doesn't mean we are the same people. You asked for our own account of creation and I highlighted it for you. You are trying to make it suit your own dilution.

We IDU don't know Ille Ife people, we don't have the same culture, greet the same way or eat the same food. I can't even eat you guys food. Know I don't hate Yorubas, am just trying to illustrate how far we are from each other.

I have told you before the relationship between us and Ife. Orominyan came into our land in 1170Ad with horse men. He sail through Osen river to Udo and settled in Uselu later where he was trying to rule.

If you see Edo people practice any culture that mimic what is optainable in Ife, know it is the Oba of Benin who is a descendant of Orominyan that introduced the practice and he is forcefully trying to link Edo people to Ife, the same way they fraudulently fabricated Ekalerdehan story.

Again, Edo is just a clan of Idu children. Pa Idu children are very many, other of our clans has no clue of your so called Iso Norho.

These are the list of Idu children worldwide.

Igodomigodo/Edo North

Ora
Afema
Etsakos
Akoko-Edos
Ekperis
Igalas
Esan

Owan

Akoko-Edo

Etsako

Igede

And other ethnic groups along that axis to Kogi, Kwara, and Benue States. Etc etc.

IGODOMIGODO/EDO EAST:
Igbanke
Umunede
Ogwashikwu
Iselukwu
Asaba
In fact the whole of Ika Ibos and the entire South East,
Enugu Ezike

Onitsha-Idu

Aboh Kingdom

Ukwani etc etc.

IGODOMIGODO/EDO WEST:
Ondo
Akotogbo
Owo
Ado-Ekiti

Ondo (Ẹdo N'ekue)

Royal and Noble houses of Lagos state

Eko - Etinosa in Lagos State
Including the Ijaws in the West

IGODIMIGODO/EDO SOUTH:
Urhobos,
Isokos,
Itshekiris,
Engennis,
Ogbas,
Ekpeyes,
Ikwerres/Iwhurohnas,
Nembes,
The Ijaws in the South-South,
Izon,
Ogbia,
Epie
Atissa,
including the Urhobos, Isokos in Bayelsa State etc,
Abua,
Degema,
Ndoki,
Andoni,
Kalabari
Ndonni

Apie

Kula

Zarama

Degema

Tombia

Abonema

Part of Etchie - Rivers
Ukwa East in Abia State,
Obolo and Ikot Abasi in Akwa Ibom State which are now part of Ijaw Youths Congress (IYC) and Ijaw National Congress (INC)

WEST AFRICAN COUNTRIES:
Togo (notably the General Eyaedema family)

20. Ancient GA people of Ghana.
21, the Acient Ewe people of volta Region Ghana
22, the people of Ewe Togo
23, the Fone people of Benin republic
24, The IGBO Idu Eri (AGULARE)

Etc.

You actually wish everything you wrote was what it is, but wishes aren't horses. Lol.

Where did I say we're one and the same people?

I'm highlighting your own Edo creation myth which claims Ile-Ife as origin.

So, I am not the right person to be mad at if that account really makes you made. Chanell your frustration accordingly. Lol

And regarding the other Edo creation account which bears parallel to the Yorubas; that is clearly a corroboration of the Edo's Iso Norho account that claims that it all began from Ife.

And regarding your long comedic list of supposed Edo children worldwide; it may interest you to know that no Edoid language is spoken outside of Edo State, Delta State, Rivers State, as well as the Uhami, Ukue, Ehuen and Iyayu languages in some isolated parts of Ondo State.

Outside of these places I mentioned, your long listing is at best imaginary and ambitious, while at worst useless and nonsensical.

There are no people called Etinosa in Lagos State. grin

Neither are there any Edoid people outside of the delineation I have stated above, let alone outside of Nigeria.

Gala and Puff-puff people of Ghana, Benin Republic, Togo, and even Australia sef. grin

You're very comedic and ambitious --- a good combination anyways. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by TAO11(f): 6:30pm On Oct 01, 2019
Having said that, I like to quickly correct you on a point you made in your foregoing comment.

I did not ask you to provide me with the Edo mythology account of creation. So, stop pretending that I did.

What I asked for instead is the historical background of the Edos. Where did they originally come from?

Archaeology and Genetics as independent fields of science makes it quite clear that the West African people are not the most ancient on the continent.

So, my question to you remains: Where did Mr. Idu and his team come from?

In attempt to answer my question earlier you deflected to mythology.

And that is a clear indication that you have no answer to my question.

From that point onward it became a new discussion. And I went on to present to you a prominent Edo mythology account of creation which claims Ife as the origin of the Edos ab-initio.

cc:
Atigba

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by Atigba: 6:37pm On Oct 01, 2019
TAO11:

You actually wish everything you wrote was what it is, but wishes aren't horses. Lol.

Where did I say we're one and the same people?

I'm highlighting your own Edo creation myth which claims Ile-Ife as origin.

So, I am not the right person to be mad at if that account really makes you made. Chanell your frustration accordingly. Lol

And regarding the other Edo creation account which bears parallel to the Yorubas; that is clearly a corroboration of the Edo's Iso Norho account that claims that it all began from Ife.

And regarding your long comedic list of supposed Edo children worldwide; it may interest you to know that no Edoid language is spoken outside of Edo State, Delta State, Rivers State, as well as the Uhami, Ukue, Ehuen and Iyayu languages in some isolated parts of Ondo State.

Outside of these places I mentioned, your long listing is at best imaginary and ambitious, while at worst useless and nonsensical.

There are no people called Etinosa in Lagos State. grin

Neither are there any Edoid people outside of the delineation I have stated above, not even outside of Nigeria.

Gala and Puff-puff people of Ghana, Benin Republic, Togo, even Australia sef. grin

You're very comedic and ambitious --- a good combination anyways. cheesy

Are you even with me, have I ever dispute with you that Edo/Ado is not from Ille Ife. Edo is the name of the first Oba of Benin Eweka the 1st. And he is a native of Ille Ife. You can come and take the royal stool back if you want.

Igodomigodo/ Idu have no business with you guys. Before Edo/Ado started ruling in our land in 12 century Igodomigodo already has 30 something Ogisos.

Ogiso Igodo  (900-925AD)

Ogiso Ere  (925-960AD)

Ogiso Orire  (960-1000AD)

Ogiso Odia  (1000-1001 AD) 

Ogiso Ighido  (1001-1002 AD)

Ogiso Evbobo  (1002-1005 AD) 

Ogiso Ogbeide  (1005 AD) 

Ogiso Emehen  (1005-1009 AD) 

(Akhuankhuan  (1009-1011 AD) 

Ogiso Ekpigho  (1011AD) 

Ogiso Efeseke  (1012-1019) 

Ogiso Irudia  (1019) 

Ogiso Odion  (1020 AD) 

Ogiso Etebowe  (1020-1022) 

Ogiso Imarhan  (1023-1024).

Ogiso Orria (1024-1025 AD) 

Ogiso Emose (1026-1029) 

Ogiso Orhorro  (1029-1030 AD) 

Ogiso Irrebo  (1030-1036 AD) 

Ogiso Ogbomo  (1036-1040 AD) 

Ogiso Agbonzeke  (1040-1044 AD) 

Ogiso Ediae (1044-1050 AD)

Ogiso Oriagba  (1050-1070 AD) 

Ogiso Odoligie  (1070-1085 AD) 

Ogiso Uwa  (1085-1095 AD) 

Ogiso Eheneden  (1095-1110 AD) 

Ogiso Ohuede  (1110-1112 AD) 

Ogiso Oduwa  (1112-1119 AD) 

Ogiso Obioye  (1119-1121 AD) 

Ogiso Arigho  (1121-1125 AD) 

Ogiso Owodo  (1125-1130AD)

Ogiso Evian -(11:30AD-11:70AD) 

Ogiso/Ogiamien Erebo -(11:70AD-12:00AD)

Before Ogiso Igodo started ruling in 9 century, we were operating Edionwele. We had council of elders, every of our clan present the oldest man in the village to represent them at the council.

As for not speaking the same language, in our land Igodomigodo we were cluster clans. With different languages some similar. The children of Jacob spoke different language but has the same father. Where you guys are calling yorubas now is a combination of different languages.
Not every tribes that live in your land speak the same language. Again, language evolve over time as people migrate. I was in a train station in Berlin few years ago, I saw a Togoles guy who I interact with, most of the things he was speaking in his language is from Esan, and Esako in Edo State. I was shocked.

Etinosa is the biggest local government in Lagos. We once run Lagos no argument about that.
Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by Atigba: 6:45pm On Oct 01, 2019
TAO11:
Having said that, I like to quickly correct you on a point you made in your foregoing comment.

I did not ask you to provide me with the Edo mythology account of creation. So, stop pretending that I did.

What I asked for instead is the historical background of the Edos. Where did they originally come from?

Archaeology and Genetics as independent fields of science makes it quite clear that the West African people are not the most ancient on the continent.

So, my question to you remains: Where did Mr. Idu and his team come from?

In attempt to answer my question earlier you deflected to mythology.

And that is a clear indication that you have no answer to my question.

From that point onward it became a new discussion. And I went on to present to you a prominent Edo mythology account of creation which claims Ife as the origin of the Edos ab-initio.

cc:
Atigba

We are IDU not Edo

Edo is the corrupted name Ado, Orominyan gave to his son Eweka and

IDU people dont know Ife people, we have no link with each other until Orominyan came into our land in 11:70AD. If you hear any story Edo link with Ile Ife know it is the same Ille Ife people living our land that fabricate it and they greet Lamogun.
Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by TAO11(f): 6:52pm On Oct 01, 2019
Atigba:

Are you even with me, have I ever dispute with you that Edo/Ado is not from Ille Ife. Edo is the name of the first Oba of Benin Eweka the 1st. And he is a native of Ille Ife. You can come and take the royal stool back if you want.

Igodomigodo/ Idu have no business with you guys. Before Edo/Ado started ruling in our land in 12 century Igodomigodo already has 30 something Ogisos.

Ogiso Igodo  (900-925AD)

Ogiso Ere  (925-960AD)

Ogiso Orire  (960-1000AD)

Ogiso Odia  (1000-1001 AD) 

Ogiso Ighido  (1001-1002 AD)

Ogiso Evbobo  (1002-1005 AD) 

Ogiso Ogbeide  (1005 AD) 

Ogiso Emehen  (1005-1009 AD) 

(Akhuankhuan  (1009-1011 AD) 

Ogiso Ekpigho  (1011AD) 

Ogiso Efeseke  (1012-1019) 

Ogiso Irudia  (1019) 

Ogiso Odion  (1020 AD) 

Ogiso Etebowe  (1020-1022) 

Ogiso Imarhan  (1023-1024).

Ogiso Orria (1024-1025 AD) 

Ogiso Emose (1026-1029) 

Ogiso Orhorro  (1029-1030 AD) 

Ogiso Irrebo  (1030-1036 AD) 

Ogiso Ogbomo  (1036-1040 AD) 

Ogiso Agbonzeke  (1040-1044 AD) 

Ogiso Ediae (1044-1050 AD)

Ogiso Oriagba  (1050-1070 AD) 

Ogiso Odoligie  (1070-1085 AD) 

Ogiso Uwa  (1085-1095 AD) 

Ogiso Eheneden  (1095-1110 AD) 

Ogiso Ohuede  (1110-1112 AD) 

Ogiso Oduwa  (1112-1119 AD) 

Ogiso Obioye  (1119-1121 AD) 

Ogiso Arigho  (1121-1125 AD) 

Ogiso Owodo  (1125-1130AD)

Ogiso Evian -(11:30AD-11:70AD) 

Ogiso/Ogiamien Erebo -(11:70AD-12:00AD)

Before Ogiso Igodo started ruling in 9 century, we were operating Edionwele. We had council of elders, every of our clan present the oldest man in the village to represent them at the council.

As for not speaking the same language, in our land Igodomigodo we were cluster clans. With different languages some similar. The children of Jacob spoke different language but has the same father. Where you guys are calling yorubas now is a combination of different languages.
Not every tribes that live in your land speak the same language. Again, language evolve over time as people migrate. I was in a train station in Berlin few years ago, I saw a Togoles guy who interact with most of the things he was speaking in his language is from Esan, and Esako in Edo State. I was shocked.

Etinosa is the biggest local government in Lagos. We once run Lagos no argument about that.

1. Nowhere have I ever used the word "Edo" as the name of a person.

Wherever I mentioned the word "Edo" I have clearly and consistently used it as the description of a people.

2. Eweka's name is neither Edo not Ado. Provide your evidence for your claim.

The word "Edo" is from "Idu" your progenitor centuries if not millennials before Eweka will be conceived.

"Ado", on the other hand, is the more ancient name of Benin-City.

3. What I challenged you on is the origin of the Edos in response to which you fled and deflected to the myth of creation.

In other words you understood clearly that I wasn't referring to Eweka of the second (Oba) dynasty.

You knew we'll (considering your response of creation myth) that I was asking about the origin of the Edo people.

So, stop pretending to be unaware and ignorant.

4. And even In mythology itself (although I had asked you for history), the account you presented when considered in the light of the Edo people Iso Norho account shows clearly that it all began in Ile-Ife.

Because the Edo's Iso Norho account claims that Mr Idu originally lived at Ile-Ife. And that it was his children who left after his death to found Igodomigodo.

The names of his sons as mentioned in the account are given as: Akka, Efa, and Emehi.

5. So, channel your frustration about this foregoing account to the right quarters, obviously not to me.

Consider the following submission of Dmitri M. Bondarenko --- a world-leading scholar of Benin history from the Institute for African Studies in the Russian Academy of Sciences where he stressed the conclusion that the first three Ogisos of Igodomigodo were emissaries, from the Ooni of Ife, on a mission to establish a monarchy in Igodomigodo.

"The third Ogiso became the last in their Yoruba, Ife line. He returned to Ife but by that time the very institution of the supreme supra-chiefdom ruler had already been established firmly enough in Benin, disregarding its outside origin and correspondence to the level of sociopolitical organization, not achieved by the Bini yet ."

Refer to: Dmitri M. Bondarenko, "The Benin Kingdom (13th – 19th Centuries) as a Mega-community"

And regarding languages, nowhere did I say all your supposed children must speak Edo language. Check again I said EDOID languages. EDOID languages are not spoken outside of the deliniation I already mentioned. Stop lying to yourself and still believing it.

And regarding your story of Togolese speaking his indigenous language like Esan and Esako. That is a blatant lie. No EDOID language is spoken outside of Nigeria (South-South, and isolated parts of Ondo). Remeber you are notorious for lying. You once lied to have all Egharevba books which turned out to be false.

Again, there is no place or people in the whole of Lagos State called Etinosa. If I were you, once challenged I would quickly prove my point. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by Atigba: 6:59pm On Oct 01, 2019
TAO11:

1. Nowhere have I ever used the word "Edo" as the name of a person.

Wherever I mentioned the word "Edo" I have clearly and consistently used it as the description of a people.

2. Eweka's name is neither Edo not Ado. Provide your evidence for your claim.

The word "Edo" is from "Idu" your progenitor centuries if not millennials before Eweka will be conceived.

"Ado", on the other hand, is the more ancient name of Benin-City.

3. What I challenged you on is the origin of the Edos in response to which you fled and deflected to the myth of creation.

In other words you understood clearly that I wasn't referring to Eweka of the second (Oba) dynasty.

You knew we'll (considering your response of creation myth) that I was asking about the origin of the Edo people.

So, stop pretending to be unaware and ignorant.

4. And even In mythology itself (although I had asked you for history), the account you presented when considered in the light of the Edo people Iso Norho account shows clearly that it all began in Ile-Ife.

Because the Edo's Iso Norho account claims that Mr Idu originally lived at Ile-Ife. And that it was his children who left after his death to found Igodomigodo.

The names of his sons as mentioned in the account are given as: Akka, Efa, and Emehi.

5. So, channel your frustration about this foregoing account to the right quarters, obviously not to me.

Lol
Edo is Ado the son of Orominyan who is Eweka the first.

Every fraudulent history of our people you read is written by some Ille Ife people who want to remain in our land forever.

Look for this buy to read, if you will ever find it. You will understand most of my assertions here.

That is Orominyan with horse, this is how he came into our land in 1170AD. He is the first person that brought horse to our land. He was a jihadist, he brought war to our land

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by TAO11(f): 7:03pm On Oct 01, 2019
Atigba:

We are IDU not Edo

Edo is the corrupted name Ado, Orominyan gave to his son Eweka and

IDU people dont know Ife people, we have no link with each other until Orominyan came into our land in 11:70AD. If you hear any story Edo link with Ile Ife know it is the same Ille Ife people living our land that fabricate it and they greet Lamogun.

Of course, the IDU or EDO doesn't make any difference to the argument here as long as I refer to the same people regardless of which of the two names I used.

Moreover, IDU is the name of the progenitor, while EDO is the derived form which describes the people as a whole.

IDU originally lived at IFE and his children AKKA, EFA, and EMEHI later left to found IGODOMIGODO.

Says who?

Says YOUR mythology/tradition titled ISO NORHO

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by TAO11(f): 7:12pm On Oct 01, 2019
Atigba:

Lol
Edo is Ado the son of Orominyan who is Eweka the first.

Every fraudulent history of our people you read is written by some Ille Ife people who want to remain in our land forever.

Look for this buy to read, if you will ever find it. You will understand most of my assertions here.

That is Orominyan with horse, this is how he came into our land in 1170AD. He is the first person that brought horse to our land. He was a jihadist, he brought war to our land

Oranmiyan never gave birth to any child called Edo or Ado. The word "Edo" evolved from the name of Mr IDU, and it came to the apply to the people of Igodomigodo.

"Ado" on the other hand is an anitque name for Benin-City.

I know Oranmiyan came to establish the Oba monarchy in Benin on INVITATION not by conquest. But I don't know how a picture of him was retrieved for publication.

But I'm not discussing that, I'm discussing the very origin of Igodomigodo which according to your own tradition claims that your progenitor Mr IDU is from IFE.

Quote me the precise words form this book --- a book you once claimed you have --- where it says Oranmiyan came with war and not by invitation.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by Atigba: 7:24pm On Oct 01, 2019
TAO11:

Of course, the IDU or EDO doesn't make any difference to the argument here as long as I refer to the same people regardless of which of the two names I used.

Moreover, IDU is the name of the progenitor, while EDO is the derived form which describes the people as a whole.

IDU originally lived at IFE and his children AKKA, EFA, and EMEHI later left to found IGODOMIGODO.

Says who?

Edo is Ado the name of Eweka the first oromjnyan gave him.

Idu dont know Ife people except you agree with me our Ekerlandehan founded Yoruba people.

Below is Oba Orun Ado, a resting place Orominyan gave to Ado children which is the Oba of Benin.
Oba Eweka head and some of his descendants were bury here in Ille Ife. The place is also a shrine.

1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by Atigba: 7:29pm On Oct 01, 2019
TAO11:

Says who?

See also

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by TAO11(f): 7:32pm On Oct 01, 2019
Atigba:

Edo is Ado the name of Eweka the first oromjnyan gave him.

Idu dont know Ife people except you agree with me our Ekerlandehan founded Yoruba people.

Below is Oba Orun Ado, a resting place Orominyan gave to Ado children which is the Oba of Benin.
Oba Eweka head and some of his descendants were bury here in Ille Ife. The place is also a shrine.

You only repeated what I asked you to prove. Repitition is not proof. Did you know that?

It's not called Oba Orun Ado. You obviously have half-baked information on everything you've been writing.

Rather it is called Orun Oba Ado. If you could translate this word-for-word, then you would realize how wrong you are in saying that Ado is another name of Eweka. lol cheesy

Again "Ado" is the name of Benin-City in ancient times, while "EDO" on the other is evolved from the name of Mr. "IDU". "EDO" became the general description of all of Mr IDU's descendants.
Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by TAO11(f): 7:34pm On Oct 01, 2019
Atigba:

See also

How is the attached book supposed to be of help to you, regarding my challenge to you? cheesy

Instaed the book is only RUBBISHING your claim that Ado is another name of Eweka.

It says "OBA of ADO"

How does this make sense to you if "Ado" was the second name of EWeka.

Morelike:

"Oba of Eweka" cheesy cheesy

I hope you notice your folly now.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by Atigba: 7:35pm On Oct 01, 2019
TAO11:

You only repeated what I asked you to prove. Repitition is not proof. Did you know that?

It's not called Oba Orun Ado. You obviously have half-baked information on everything you've been writing.

Rather it is called Orun Oba Ado. If you could translate this word-for-word, then you would realize how wrong you are in saying that Ado is another name of Eweka. lol cheesy

Again "Ado" is the name of Benin-City in ancient times, while "EDO" on the other is evolved from the name of Mr. "IDU". "EDO" became the general description of all of Mr IDU's descendants.

Eweka is Owomika meaning my hand have catch it. The Benin corrupted Owomika to mean Eweka. Because they couldn't pronounce the yoruba name. Ado the son brought from Ife couldn't talk, so Orominyan gave him a game like a seed to play. He play it and said Owomika, my hands have catch it that is where he got Eweka from. He real name Orominyan gave to him is prince Ado
Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by Atigba: 7:38pm On Oct 01, 2019
TAO11:

How is the attached book supposed to be of help to you, regarding my challenge to you? cheesy

I just gave you my source, that book was writing in 1953 or so. Everything is detail there. I dont have a right to make book. How many pages can I show you.

You can look for the book online to buy.

I want to sleep
Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by TAO11(f): 7:40pm On Oct 01, 2019
Atigba:

Eweka is Owomika meaning my hand have catch it. The Benin corrupted Owomika to mean Eweka. Because they couldn't pronounce the yoruba name. Ado the son brought from Ife couldn't talk, so Orominyan gave him a game like a seed to play. He play it and said Owomika, my hands have catch it that is where he got Eweka from. He is real name Orominyan gave to him is prince Ado

You keep spitting out half-baked information instead of you to shut up and learn.

Correction:
Oranmiyan never brought a child with him from Ife.

And "Ado" is not Eweka's second name.

"Ado" is the more ancient name of Benin-city. (If you need evidence I'd provide).

How does "Oba of Ado" sound to you if Ado was the name of Eweka? Don't you think?

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by TAO11(f): 7:42pm On Oct 01, 2019
Atigba:

I just gave you my source, that book was writing in 1953 or so. Everything is detail there. I dont have a right to make book. How many pages can I show you.

You can look for the book online to buy.

I want to sleep

You seem to be a dummy.

Egharevba first "Short History" was written in 1934 and many editions have since been published. You know very little, hence you get easily confused.

There is not one nonsense you said (which I've been correcting you on) that the book of Egharevba agrees with you on.

If wishes were horses, liars like you will ride.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by Atigba: 7:43pm On Oct 01, 2019
TAO11:

You keep spitting out half-baked information instead of you to shut up and learn.

Correction:
Oranmiyan never brought a child with him from Ife.

And "Ado" is not Eweka's second name.

"Ado" is the more ancient name of Benin-city. (If you need evidence I'd provide).

How does "Oba of Ado" sound to you if Ado was the name of Eweka? Don't you think?

Who said Orominyan brought a child into our land, I will educate you another time how his son later came into our land Ado.

There nothing like Ado in our land, Ado is Eweka the first. Eweka is Owomika
Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by TAO11(f): 7:48pm On Oct 01, 2019
Atigba:

Who said Orominyan brought a child into our land, I will educate you another time how his son later came into our land Ado.

There nothing like Ado in our land, Ado is Eweka the first. Eweka is Owomika

You are a fvcking liar:

You wrote: "Ado the son brought from Ife couldn't talk, ..."

Did you forget that you equated "Ado" to be "Eweka"??

Now, you should cover your eyes in shame for being a confused liar. Oh I forget, chronic liars like you are typically shameless.

Ado is the name of Benin-City. If you need expert, scholarly testimony, let me know.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by Atigba: 7:53pm On Oct 01, 2019
TAO11:

You are a fvcking liar:

You wrote: "Ado the son brought from Ife couldn't talk, ..."

Ado is the name of Benin-City. If you need expert, scholarly testimony, let me know.

Benin is Ille Ibinu corrupted by the Portugueses to be Benin.

Edo state was named after Ado/Eweka by the Oba Erediawa.

Eweka is Owomika.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Puts Python In His Mouth In Osun State (Photos) / Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples / Olori Memunat, Alaafi Of Oyo's Wife Celebrates Her Birthday With Stunning Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 202
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.