Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,071 members, 7,835,613 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival (50221 Views)

Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi Celebrates Her Mother's Birthday (Pictures) / Ooni Of Ife's Wife Stepped On "Osùn", Not Blood / Meet Simi Oluwaseyi Phebian, Sister Of Ooni Of Ife's Wife Changes Her Bio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by olajigaolamide: 12:45pm On Sep 30, 2019
gregyboy:

Nope its true ....

First pics a sculpture of a benin chief found at ife with a rounded bead and is closed hands just like a typical benin chief

Second picture comedian edopikin with a typical benin bead outfit just like the onni of ife

Third pics shows yorubas mornachs wearing the original brown beads beads of the yoruba people

The ooni getting to wear a red coral bead shows nothing but its true origin from benin ,as is rest other kingsmen wear different set of beads ....

They were so many benin chiefs that influenced the yorubas at ife just like the typical benin chief in the sculpture above

Oduduwa has nothing to do with all these.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by TAO11(f): 1:26pm On Sep 30, 2019
gregyboy:

When we tell the Yoruba's they origin dates from benin they will argue....

The pop of a tribe does not anount its origin.

Tell this to your fellow Benin retards who have no idea of the number of times I've flogged you black and blue while you run away only to come back for more months later like a prostitute. grin grin

I doubt if your Benin brother, Atigba will agree with you on this because he's always against you while he defends the historical fact that all the Obas of Benin till date are Yorubas. grin

gregyboy:

Nope its true ....

First pics a sculpture of a benin chief found at ife with a rounded bead and is closed hands just like a typical benin chief

Second picture comedian edopikin with a typical benin bead outfit just like the onni of ife

Third pics shows yorubas mornachs wearing the original brown beads beads of the yoruba people

The ooni getting to wear a red coral bead shows nothing but its true origin from benin ,as is rest other kingsmen wear different set of beads ....

They were so many benin chiefs that influenced the yorubas at ife just like the typical benin chief in the sculpture above

Dear olajigaolamide, pay no heed to the poor Benin mythomaniac called gregyboy for he is out to distort and lie to unsuspecting people on Nairaland. Many people already know him, but this may be your first time encountering him.

The fact that this lad had to resort to lying is a full proof that he has admitted not only to be on the wrong path, but that he is in fact inferior.

The first image he attached is of the curator of the Houston Museum of Fine Arts, Francis Marzio, while she stood close to the sculpture of a certain Ife individual known by the name Idena a.k.a. Adina who was the first priest of Ore in Ile-Ife.

The sculptures of Idena --- Ore's priest, and of Ore himself were excavated from Ore-Grove in Ile-Ife.

From my first attached screenshot below, you would notice that both Ore and Idena are depicted to be adorning the round beaded necklace; while Ore has additional longer beaded necklace extending down almost to the knee level.

Also, Ore's beaded bracelets almost extend to his elbows in contrast to his priest's. Ore is a notable early Ife hunter who became deified.

You could have asked the Benin liar called gregyboy to identify the expert standing beside the sculpture he attached. Lol!

And then ask him to provide a statement from the same expert herself (or from any expert work for that matter) which says that the sculpture represents a Bini chief. grin

With such a simple request alone, you would have gotten him rambling and confused before he would then finally run away. Lol.

The link here contains the video from where gregyboy screenshot his first attachment grin grin:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnpb8Q-7_pc

Guess what, the curator herself makes it clear in the video that the figure is an Ife sculpture by the name Adina (as opposed to being of a Benin chief found in Ife as fraudulently claimed by gregyboy).

Maybe gregyboy will tell us the meaning of Adina from his Edo language. grin grin

Furthermore, the curator, in the same video, clearly attributed the source of Adina's beaded necklace and beaded bracelets to Ile-Ife itself.

She quickly added and clarified, in connection to Adina's beaded necklaces and beaded bracelets, that:

"The wealth of Ife was due to bead making tradition. They exported their glass beads North to the North of Africa and made this area very prosperous."

It was as if she already knew gregyboy to be an unrepentant liar. grin grin

My attached screenshot below of Ore and his priest, Idena is taken from the work of a Havard professor of Arican Art and Architecture, Profesor Suzanne Preston Blier which confirms the sculpture to be of Ore's priest, as opposed to gregyboy 's imagination of some Bini chief. grin grin

See: Suzanne P. Blier, "Art in Ancient Ife, Birthplace of the Yoruba", Journal of African Arts, Winter 2012, Vol. 45, No. 4, p. 72.

Regarding his claim that Yoruba beads are not red but brown. He is again doing what he does best --- that is, blatantly lying even in the face of evidence.

For the record, the Yorubas have several varieties of beads of different colours (such as: blue, white, red, brown, green, etc.), shapes (such as: spherical, ellipsoidal, cylindrical, spheroidal, etc.), and materials (such as: glass, coral, etc.).

The most prominent of these being the red tubular coral beads called Iyun, as well as as the blue/blue-green dichroic glass beads called Segi.

The second attachment below shows samples of some red beads discovered and recovered from Ife by a team of experts who conducted finds at Ife.

These beads, just as they are here, are presently in the British Museum. They were entered into the Museum's archives in 1946.

Moreover, it has already been demonstrated clearly to the mythomaniac called gregyboy that:

1. At the time when Ife was already producing beads, Benin kingdom had not yet began the use beads. They dared not!

2. At the time when Ife artists were casting sculptures of Oonis showing a lavish and elaborate adorment of beads (such as the two ancient Ife sculptures shown in my first comment on this thread), the Binis had not dared begun the use of beads.

I have clearly established these two foregoing points (among others) with overwhelming evidence in the following threads, and I have challenged gregyboy to refute them. But guess what, he always runs away:

https://www.nairaland.com/5233907/yoruba-descendants-brazil-cerebrate-obaluwaye/16#81637846

https://www.nairaland.com/5314103/benins-first-educated-nigerians-dr/5#81635807

Oh ye gregyboy, I hope you will have some balls to return to the aforementioned threads from which you've fled for months now, and at least say something --- although has to be something sensible, assuming that's even possible. Lol.

Please olajigaolamide, do not forget to always copy me if you, by chance, find gregyboy commenting (i.e. lying) on any thread concerning Yoruba and Benin connection.

gregyboy must be regretting already that I'm on Nairaland. grin

Thanks!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by gregyboy(m): 7:22pm On Sep 30, 2019
TAO11:

Tell this to your fellow Benin retards who have no idea of the number of times I've flogged you black and blue while you run away only to come back for more months later like a prostitute. grin grin

I doubt if your Benin brother, Atigba will agree with you on this because he's always against you while he defends the historical fact that all the Obas of Benin till date are Yorubas. grin

Dear olajigaolamide, pay no heed to the poor Benin mythomaniac called gregyboy for he is out to distort and lie to unsuspecting people on Nairaland. Many people already know him, but this may be your first time encountering him.

The fact that this lad had to resort to lying is a full proof that he has admitted not only to be on the wrong path, but that he is in fact inferior.

The first image he attached is of a curator of the Houston Museum of Fine Arts, Francis Marzio, while she stood beside the sculpture of a certain Ife individual known by the name Idena a.k.a. Adina who was the first priest of Ore in Ile-Ife.

The sculptures of Idena --- Ore's priest, and of Ore himself were excavated from Ore-Grove in Ile-Ife.

From my first attached screenshot below, you would notice that both Ore and Idena are depicted to be adorning the round beaded necklace; while Ore has additional longer beaded necklace extending down almost to the knee level.

Also, Ore's beaded bracelets almost extend to his elbows in contrast to his priest's. Ore is a notable early Ife hunter who became deified.

You could have asked the Benin liar called gregyboy to identify the expert standing beside the sculpture he attached. Lol!

And then ask him to provide a statement from the same expert herself (or from any expert work for that matter) which says that the sculpture represents a Bini chief. grin

With such a simple request alone, you would have gotten him rambling and confused before he would then finally run away. Lol.

The link here contains the video from where gregyboy screenshot his first attachment grin grin:

Guess what, the curator makes it clear in the video that the figure is an Ife sculpture by the name Adina (as opposed to being of a Benin chief found in Ife as fraudulently claimed by gregyboy).

Maybe gregyboy will tell us the meaning of Adina from his Edo language. grin grin

Moreover, the curator in the same video clearly attributed the source of Adena's beaded necklace and beaded bracelets to Ile-Ife itself.

She quickly added and clarified in connection to Adena's beaded necklaces and beaded bracelets that:

"The wealth of Ife was due to bead making tradition. They exported their glass beads North to the North of Africa and made this area very prosperous."

It was as if she already knew you to be an unrepentant liar. grin grin

My attached screenshot below of Ore and his priest, Idena is taken from the work of an Havard professor of Arican Art and Architecture, Profesor Suzanne Preston Blier which confirms the sculpture to be of Ore's priest, as opposed to gregyboy 's imagination of some Bini chief. grin grin

See: Suzanne P. Blier, "Art in Ancient Ife, Birthplace of the Yoruba", Journal of African Arts, Winter 2012, Vol. 45, No. 4, p. 72.

Regarding his claim that Yoruba beads are not red but brown. He is again doing what he does best --- that is, blatantly lying even in the face of evidence.

For the record, the Yorubas have several varieties of beads of different colours (blue, white, red, brown, etc.), shapes (spherical, ellipsoid, cylindrical, etc.), and materials (glass, coral, etc.).

The most prominent of these being the red tubular coral beads called Iyun, as well as as the blue dichroic glass beads called Segi.

The second attachment below shows samples of some red beads discovered and recovered from Ife by a team of experts who conducted finds at Ife.

These beads as they are here are presently kept in the British Museum. They were entered into the Museum's archives in 1946.

Moreover, it has already been demonstrated clearly to the mythomaniac called gregyboy that:

1. At the time when Ife was already producing beads, Benin kingdom had not yet began the use beads. They dared not!

2. At the time when Ife artists were casting sculptures of Oonis showing a lavish and elaborate adorment of beads (such as the two ancient Ife sculptures shown in my first comment on this thread), the Binis had not dared begun the use of beads.

I have clearly established these two foregoing points (among others) with overwhelming evidence in the following threads, and I have challenged gregyboy to refute them. But guess what, he always runs away:

https://www.nairaland.com/5233907/yoruba-descendants-brazil-cerebrate-obaluwaye/16#81637846

Oh ye gregyboy, I hope you will have some balls to return to the aforementioned threads from which you've fled for months now, and at least say something --- although has to be something sensible, assuming that's even possible. Lol.

Please olajigaolamide, do not forget to always copy me if you by chance find gregyboy lying on any thread concerning Yoruba and Benin connection.

Thanks!

Lol...you will quote articles and reference and it will still not conform to your point

See the way you wrote lt like the white lady was there when the sculpture was made or like she is even a yoruba woman...
She is a white lady who probably dont have much of her own personal information on other culture in Nigeria than the information given by the yoruba people.

And by that she is bound to make error's

The sculpture was dug up late 19c and it was "given a name" we know the Yoruba's lacked documentation unlike thier benin counterpart ,and even if the name that was given id correct,
that also wont change the fact the he is a bini chief who was given a yoruba name at ife.as you can see there is no stratification on his face to tell he was a Benin man

Here is a typical benin chief

At pics one

Pics 2 is shows the sculpture

You dont always have to fight it ...
Bini influenced ife and other yoruba state even if we are minors in nigeria it wont chage that fact....

The original beads of the Yoruba's were made of local materials like stones and the others were imported from the north who uptill date still go about selling beads as trade...

The third pics shows a typical yoruba beads

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by Atigba: 9:16pm On Sep 30, 2019
gregyboy:

Lol...you will quote articles and reference and it will still not conform to your point

See the way you wrote lt like the white lady was there when the sculpture was made or like she is even a yoruba woman...
She is a white lady who probably dont have much of her own personal information on other culture in Nigeria than the information given by the yoruba people.

The sculpture was dug up late 19c and it was "given a name" we know the Yoruba's lacked documentation unlike thier benin counterpart ,and even if the name that was given id correct,
that also wont change the fact the he is a bini chief who was given a yoruba name at ife.as you can see there is no stratification on his face to tell he was a Benin man

At pics one

Bini influenced ife and other yoruba state even if we are minors in nigeria it wont chage that fact....

The original beads of the Yoruba's were made of local materials like stones and the others were imported from the north who uptill date still go about selling beads as trade...

What can I do for you

You non wan answer my email
Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by gregyboy(m): 9:23pm On Sep 30, 2019
Atigba:

What can I do for you

You non wan answer my email

Screen shot your point i can't access my emails now...
Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by Atigba: 9:45pm On Sep 30, 2019
gregyboy:

Screen shot your point i can't access my emails now...

Sorry not you
Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by Atigba: 9:46pm On Sep 30, 2019
TAO11:

The first image he attached is of the curator of the Houston Museum of Fine Arts, Francis Marzio, while she stood close to the sculpture of a certain Ife individual known by the name Idena a.k.a. Adina who was the first priest of Ore in Ile-Ife.

Guess what, the curator herself makes it clear in the video that the figure is an Ife sculpture by the name Adina (as opposed to being of a Benin chief found in Ife as fraudulently claimed by gregyboy).

Furthermore, the curator, in the same video, clearly attributed the source of Adena's beaded necklace and beaded bracelets to Ile-Ife itself.

She quickly added and clarified in connection to Adena's beaded necklaces and beaded bracelets that:

It was as if she already knew you to be an unrepentant liar. grin grin

My attached screenshot below of Ore and his priest, Idena is taken from the work of an Havard professor of Arican Art and Architecture, Profesor Suzanne Preston Blier which confirms the sculpture to be of Ore's priest, as opposed to gregyboy 's imagination of some Bini chief. grin grin

For the record, the Yorubas have several varieties of beads of different colours (such as: blue, white, red, brown, green, etc.), shapes (such as: spherical, ellipsoidal, cylindrical, spheroidal, etc.), and materials (such as: glass, coral, etc.).

The most prominent of these being the red tubular coral beads called Iyun, as well as as the blue dichroic glass beads called Segi.

These beads as they are here are presently kept in the British Museum. They were entered into the Museum's archives in 1946.

Please olajigaolamide, do not forget to always copy me if you by chance find gregyboy lying on any thread concerning Yoruba and Benin connection.

Thanks!

You

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by TAO11(f): 10:54pm On Sep 30, 2019
gregyboy:

that also wont change the fact the he is a bini chief who was given a yoruba name at ife.as you can see there is no stratification on his face to tell he was a Benin man.

At pics one

Hahaha, exposed retard!

You won't cease to amuse me.

You showed a screenshot of a Museum curator standing next to a sculpture.

And then you made up a lie from thin air that the sculpture is a Benin Chief.

It turned out that it was voices in your head that directed you, as usual, to call the sculpture a Benin Chief. grin

The primary evidence you presented was the screenshot of a video, yet the video turned out to betray you. grin. What a pity?! Hahaha

Once again I challenge you: Name the voices in your head who informed you that the sculpture was a Bini chief. grin

Because you've obviously been betrayed by every known scholar, such as: Francis Marzio, --- the same Museum curator in your own screenshot; grin Suzanne P. Blier --- the Havard Professor of African Art and Architectire; Henry J. Drewal --- another Professor of African Art.

Your case is as that of a child who says 1+1 = 5, and then when corrected by at least three 3 different and independent Professors of Mathematics, the child replies saying: each of these three Professors of Mathematics have no idea what they're talking about.

At that point, the parents should stop arguing and immediately lead the child to the nearest specialist hospital as a matter of urgency.

In the light of this, I implore you to seek treatment very urgently. I have obviously dealt you a great blow months ago, and I am sorry.

Also, I am waiting for you to substantiate all your personal word of mouth above with any shred of evidence or proof. grin grin

Or do you expect to simply bring anything from your head like: Benin influenced Ife and other Yorubas; or Yorubas made beads from stone; or Yorubas lacked documentation and Binis didn't; or Yorubas imported their beads from the North (even when scholars state the precise opposite); and then hope that even your fellow Bini retards will believe them without evidence or proof?? grin grin

I like to emphasize again (for the sake of unsuspecting persons whom you love to target) that I have already debunked all your claims, by demonstrating with heavy incontrovertible evidence that:

1. The Ooni of Ife was suzerain, imperial, and divine over Benin kingdom.

2. Ile-Ife civilized Benin kingdom into the art of metal casting and the metal casting techniques.

3. The USE of beads wasn't introduced into Benin kingdom until during the reign of Ewuare1 in the 1400s.

4. Ile-Ife had been flourishing as a center of glass beads (and coral beads) PRODUCTION since as early as the 1100s, and perhaps earlier --- that is, centuries before beads use was allowed in Benin kingdom.

5. Ife artworks predates the earliest extant Benin artworks by a minimum of 300 years.

The Nairaland threads in which I demonstrated all the foregoing and demolished all your weird claims (including all the ones on this thread) are as follows:

AND

You've ran away like a bi.tch from these threads for months now (and still counting) just because you couldn't deny any of my argument with which I reached each of the above conclusions.

The fact that the picture of the Benin chiefs you attached shows them to be dressed like Idena --- the Ife priest of Ore --- clearly demonstrates how heavily ancient Ife influenced Benin culture and tradition.

It also indicates how loyally the Bini people have clinged to these ancient Ife cultures and traditions, as well as how religiously the Bini people have retained same cultures and traditions.

Also, the picture of beads you attached says nothing. You had to use your own words to call it a typical Yoruba bead. Why not allow the source from where you got the picture speak for itself? grin

C'mon, have some balls. Your fellow Binis must be embarrassed on your behalf now because you already lie uncontrollably.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by gregyboy(m): 11:03pm On Sep 30, 2019
TAO11:

Hahaha, exposed retard!

You won't cease to amuse.

You showed a screenshot of a Museum curator standing next to a sculpture.

And then you made up a lie from thin air that the sculpture is a Benin Chief.

It turned out that it was voices in your head that directed you, as usual, to call the sculpture a Benin Chief. grin

The primary evidence you presented was the screenshot of a video, yet the video turned out to betray you. grin. What a pity?! Hahaha

Once again I challenge you, name the voices in your head who informed you that that was a Bini chief. grin

Because you've obviously been betrayed by every known scholar, such as: Francis Marzio, --- the same Museum curator in your own screenshot; Suzanne P. Blier --- the Havard Professor of African Art and Architectire; Henry J. Drewal --- another Professor of African Art.

Your case is as that of a child who says 1+1 = 5, and then when he corrected by at least three 3 different and independent Professors of Mathematics, the child replies saying: each of these three Professors of Mathematics have no idea what they're talking about.

At the point, the parent should stop arguing and immediately lead the child to the hospital as a matter of urgency.

In light of this, I implore to seek treatment very urgently. I have obviously dealt you a great blow months ago.

Also, I am waiting for you to substantiate all your personal word of mouth above with any shred of evidence or proof.

You can't simply bring anything from your head like: Benin influenced Ife and other Yoruba; or Yoruba make beads from stone; or Yoruba imported their beads from the North (even when schors state the precise opposite); and expect even your fellow Bini retards to believe them without evidence. grin grin

I like to emphasize again (for the sake of unsuspecting persons whom you love to target) that I have already debunked all your claims, by demonstratingg with heavy incontrovertible evidence that:

1. The Ooni of Ife was suzerain, imperial, and divine over Benin kingdom.

2. Ile-Ife civilized Benin kingdom into the art of metal casting and the metal casting techniques.

3. The USE of beads wasn't introduced into Benin kingdom until during the reign of Ewuare1 in the 1400s

4. Ile-Ife had been flourishing as a center of glass beads (and coral beads) PRODUCTION since as early as the 1100s, and perhaps earlier --- that is, centuries before beads use was allowed in Benin kingdom.

5. Ife artworks predates the earliest extant Benin artworks by a minimum of 300 years.

You've ran away like bi.tch for months now (and still counting) just because you couldn't deny any of my argument with which I reached each of the foregoing conclusions.

C'mon, have some balls. Your fellow Binis must be embarrassed on your behalf now because you already lie uncontrollable.

You need a sleep....

I to 5 are mere claims

Benin civilized and ruled ife

Benin gave ife the most precious king oduduwa

Benin introduce beads to ife through chiefs

Benin introduce sculpture works to ife
benin controlled yoruba territories than tge
oyo empire did

The ooni is trying to dress like a benin king to stay relevant

The ooni comes to burial their bodys in benin to gain recognition
Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by TAO11(f): 11:07pm On Sep 30, 2019
gregyboy:

You need a sleep....

Hahaha! grin grin

You're obviously bereft of any "intelligent" come-back to muster.

It seems you've exhausted your lies from your lie-bank.

And guess what, you obviously need to see an expert who specializes in psychiatry (mythomania specifically) as a matter of urgency.

Because you already lie uncontrollably.

grin

Modified

I noticed that you later added more lies to your prior one line comment.

Anyways they've all been thoroughly refuted already in the aforementioned threads from where you've fled like a bit.ch some months ago and still counting.

grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by TAO11(f): 11:21pm On Sep 30, 2019
Atigba:

You

Yes oo, that's me.

I was dealing with your fellow Bini brother.

Strange thing is: He lies more than any Benin person I have ever encountered on Nairaland.

He lies even more than you. I called you to come and witness it for yourself so that you all may call him to order and summon him to slow down.

Cheers!
Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by Obalufon: 12:10am On Oct 01, 2019
gregyboy:

Who is from benin

Laughing beaded like Benin is other way round IFE are heavily beaded people, land of the gods ..Glass beads making is from ile- ife before it was introduce to Benin.. ..That's is real ife traditional regalia

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by TAO11(f): 12:11am On Oct 01, 2019
Obalufon:

Laughing beaded like Benin is other way round IFE are heavily beaded people, land of the gods ..Glass beads making is from ile- ife before it was introduce to Benin.. ..That's is real ife traditional regalia

Tell them!
Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by Obalufon: 12:21am On Oct 01, 2019
gregyboy:

At pics one

laughing beads making is beyond you forest ape mongrel you need to master metallurgy before you can to go into smelting and molding of precious stone. into glass beads and implements .. We are thousands years ahead of you apes , contribution of our DNA to you people Genetic pool make you people human despite that the bestial nature is still there..ile ibinu
Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by gregyboy(m): 12:29am On Oct 01, 2019
Obalufon:

Haha benin beads and ife beads is just too different for that statement you made ....

The present coral beads that has become a general bead wear in nigeria was brough by the Portuguese. ..

The benin local beads are dark red and was done in benin...
Benin the mighty forest reigned over ife ...
Anywhere a benin prince set is foot he makes king
Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by gregyboy(m): 12:38am On Oct 01, 2019
TAO11:

Hahaha! grin grin

You're obviously bereft of any "intelligent" come-back to muster.

It seems you've exhausted your lies from your lie-bank.

And guess what, you obviously need to see an expert who specializes in psychiatry (mythomania specifically) as a matter of urgency.

Because you already lie uncontrollably.

grin

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by TAO11(f): 12:44am On Oct 01, 2019
gregyboy:

Thank you for sharing the attached pictures in your foregoing comment.

It drives home my points with a few couple of pixels.

In other words, it shows how ancient Ife has heavily influenced Benin culture and tradition.

Cheers! grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by gregyboy(m): 12:45am On Oct 01, 2019
Obalufon:

No the ife beads were originally different from the benin beads ife beads were made of Stone's and brownish in nature ...

Some were gotten from the north particularly the beads the muslim use for their prayers the benin beads were very different from the ife beads

The Yoruba's slaves taken from nigeria to brazil had some of the original yoruba beads and they were brown and was like Stone's
Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by Obalufon: 12:48am On Oct 01, 2019
gregyboy:

Haha benin beads and ife beads is just too different for that statement you made ....

The present coral beads that has become a general bead wear in nigeria was brough by the Portuguese. ..

coral beads were introduce to the Benin by Portuguese to complement scarcity of ife glass beads ..Coral plant are harvest from the bottom of the sea to make beads which is totally different from glass beads... Yoruba smelt precious stone into glass beads and ornaments , bangles and bowl ..Our ologun and Aje worshipers also harvest pals and coral plant too from the bottom of the sea but not known to you people they introduced cowry shell. also developed the technique of breading of cowry Snell in hinterland for their shell

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by TAO11(f): 12:51am On Oct 01, 2019
gregyboy:

Coral beads are mined from oceans.

They were introduced to the Binis by the Portuguese in the late 1400s. I am glad you admitted this.

Provide your evidence for bead production in Benin kingdom prior to the 1400s. Impossible! grin grin

The so-called Evie and Ekan were not used in Benin until the late 1400s. grin

Ile-Ife, on the other hand, has been using, producing, and exporting beads to North Africa since as early as the 1100s, and in fact centuries earlier. shocked shocked

Hahaha, here you go again with your laughable claim that Benin ruled over Ife.

Now, you're calling Oba Erediauwa of Benin kingdom a fool for admitting that the kings of Ife were regarded by the Binis as Almighty God in human flesh. grin

Why do your dead kings in the past always have their heads exhumed and taken to Ife for burial at the Orun Oba Ado site??

I have always challenged you on this question and you've always ignored and run away. It is time for you to stop running away. Answer now!

I kind of pity you right now. embarassed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by Obalufon: 12:55am On Oct 01, 2019
[quote author=gregyboy post=82724235]

No the ife beads were originally different from the benin beads ife beads were made of Stone's and brownish in nature ...

Some were gotten from the north particularly the beads the muslim use for their prayers the benin beads were very different from the ife beads

The Yoruba's slaves taken from nigeria to brazil had some of the original yoruba beads and they were brown and was like Stone's[/quote

You are fucking liar gregyboy your people can't even cloth yourselves everything good about your people were brought by Yoruba tell me how Benin beads are made.... every deity has it own unique type of Beads in Yoruba land we make beads in rainbow colors

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by Obalufon: 1:00am On Oct 01, 2019
TAO11:

Coral beads are mined from oceans.

They were introduced to the Binis by the Portuguese in the late 1400s. I am glad you admitted this.

Provide your evidence for bead production in Benin kingdom prior to the 1400s. Impossible! grin grin

The so-called Evie and Ekan were not used in Benin until the late 1400s. grin

Ile-Ife, on the other hand, has been using, producing, and exporting beads to North Africa since as early as the 1100s, and in fact centuries earlier. shocked shocked

I kind of pity you now. embarassed
yoruba traders were known as far as Morocco Sudan, Mauritanian mail we were known for our coral beads..our history didn't start with coming of the Europeans...

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by TAO11(f): 1:01am On Oct 01, 2019
Obalufon:
yoruba traders were known as far as Morocco Sudan, Mauritanian mail we were known for our coral beads..our history didn't start with coming of the Europeans...

Of course!

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by Obalufon: 1:06am On Oct 01, 2019
TAO11:

Of course!

Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by TAO11(f): 1:18am On Oct 01, 2019
Obalufon:

Thanks bro

Lol!

You're welcome.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by Atigba: 4:25am On Oct 01, 2019
TAO11:

Yes oo, that's me.

I was dealing with your fellow Bini brother.

Strange thing is: He lies more than any Benin person I have ever encountered on Nairaland.

He lies even more than you. I called you to come and witness it for yourself so that you all may call him to order and summon him to slow down.

Cheers!

I don't lie, every thing I ever told you is true

The Oba of Benin is a native of Ille Ife and Awori people are from Benin. You said you are Awori that time.

Why are you not answering my email?
Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by TAO11(f): 4:56am On Oct 01, 2019
Atigba:

I don't lie, every thing I ever told you is true

The Oba of Benin is a native of Ille Ife and Awori people are from Benin. You said you are Awori that time.

Why are you not answering my email?

Yes, the Oba of Benin is a Yoruba man. I have never denied that.

But no, Aworis are not from Benin. That's where your lie lies.

Saying that Aworis are from Benin is just as saying that Ijaws, for example, are originally from Canada. There is no connection whatsoever.

I have told you severally that my paternal line is Awori, and you don't know us more than us.

Aworis are descendants of Olofin Ogunfunminire from Ile-Ife. Their origin have absolutely nothing to do with Edo/Benin.

Stop spreading misinformation!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by Binikingdowm: 5:51am On Oct 01, 2019
gregyboy:

The Yoruba's slaves taken from nigeria to brazil had some of the original yoruba beads and they were brown and was like Stone's
you've time responding to that Yoruba clown, he'll write long epistles that make zero point. I've chosen to ignore him
Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by Atigba: 6:10am On Oct 01, 2019
TAO11:

Yes, the Oba of Benin is a Yoruba man. I have never denied that.

But no, Aworis are not from Benin. That's where your lie lies.

Saying that Aworis are from Benin is just as saying that Ijaws, for example, are originally from Canada. There is no connection whatsoever.

I have told you severally that my paternal grandmother is Awori, and you don't know us more than us.

Aworis are descendants of Olofin Ogunfunminire from Ile-Ife. Their origin have absolutely nothing to do with Edo/Benin.

Stop spreading misinformation!

Which century did Aworis left Ife to Lagos
Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by TAO11(f): 8:22am On Oct 01, 2019
Atigba:

Which century did Aworis left Ife to Lagos

One can only be certain that it was long long before the 15th century, because by the 15th century they were already found in today's Lagos and Ogun regions.

*Please note that 15th century means the 1400s--- that is, they arrived long long before the 1400s.

It's my turn to ask a question:

Which century did the aboriginal Edo people arrive in their present homeland from wherever they originally came??

Thanks!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by Atigba: 1:39pm On Oct 01, 2019
TAO11:

One can only be certain that it was long long before the 15th century, because by the 15th century they were already found in today's Lagos and Ogun regions.

*Please note that 15th century means the 1400s--- that is, they arrived long long before the 1400s.

It's my turn to ask a question:

Which century did the aboriginal Edo people arrive in their present homeland from wherever they originally came??

Thanks!

The progenitor of our race is PA IDU

We are ancient people

we are IDU people and we've been where we are for thousands of years.
Re: Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival by TAO11(f): 1:46pm On Oct 01, 2019
Atigba:

The progenitor of our race is PA IDU

We are ancient people

we are IDU people and we've been where we are for thousands of years.

I didn't ask you for all that. My question is simple:

In what century did the so-called Mr Idu (and his group) first arrive in your present homeland?

Now answer!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Puts Python In His Mouth In Osun State (Photos) / Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples / Olori Memunat, Alaafi Of Oyo's Wife Celebrates Her Birthday With Stunning Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.