Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,122 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

Soludo: I Was Asked To Reject Buhari’s Appointment ‘because There’s No Money’ - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo: I Was Asked To Reject Buhari’s Appointment ‘because There’s No Money’ (35379 Views)

Austin Umahi Rejects Buhari's Appointment / Buhari Appointment Of Charles Soludo Makes Me Believe He Means Well For Nigeria / Reno Omokri Reacts To Buhari's Appointment Of Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New DSS Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soludo: I Was Asked To Reject Buhari’s Appointment ‘because There’s No Money’ by chuckjonesbaba(m): 9:04pm On Oct 01, 2019
ChidiAlaigbo:

BEAUTIFUL NONSENSE!

Too much grammatical nonsense.........expansionary and contractionary when 200m low IQ people can not produce food to eat or pencils for their extremely large number of children to write with.....

Engineers that cannot build a simple gutter - that's what you sound like.......SWERVE!

Thank you so much did you see that? Talking about illiterate people. In the USA 85 percent of the population is illiterate compared to Nigerians yet they live better than us. Nigeria needs an economy where the grasslands will have jobs to take care of their family. A school dropout in USA makes 8 or 9 dollars per hour. Can buy a car, rent apartment and feed comfortably if the resources are managed prudently. Give that to an average person in Nigeria trust me no one will ever complain ever! There is no middle class in Nigeria. We are being ruled by wicked heartless people who think that the dividends of democracy are a favor and gift to the masses. If we know our rights they serve us and need to account for no good roads no good water systems, no electricity and no health care.
Re: Soludo: I Was Asked To Reject Buhari’s Appointment ‘because There’s No Money’ by djon78(m): 9:40pm On Oct 01, 2019
pmc01:
The issues raised at "THE PLATFORM" today should be what should be trending, via healthy debates till this year ends.

God help us.

This years platform made my day
The undiluted truth spoken by anil Gupta, Bismarck Rewane, Chukwuma Soludo and Peter OBi was unraveling.
We cannot keep on doing dumb things according to Bismarck!

To move forward, we need to;
1. Stop doing dumb things.
2. Start doing smart things.
3. Start doing modern things.
@BJRewane

#Theplatformng
#NewEconomicIdeas

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soludo: I Was Asked To Reject Buhari’s Appointment ‘because There’s No Money’ by Adrian98(m): 9:46pm On Oct 01, 2019
That's your business
Re: Soludo: I Was Asked To Reject Buhari’s Appointment ‘because There’s No Money’ by Jimmyson: 9:57pm On Oct 01, 2019
Eye service ... Just to please Arewa and Afonja. They will never trust you. They will never listen nor implement any of your ideas. At the end, they will conspire against you and disgrace you out of office. It would have been better if you turn down the offer.
Re: Soludo: I Was Asked To Reject Buhari’s Appointment ‘because There’s No Money’ by Cyberterror: 10:05pm On Oct 01, 2019
Chukwuma Soludo spoke glowingly well today like the first class professor of economics that he is. He is the type of governor that Anambra urgently needs after many years of waiting for a deliverer after the brilliance of Ngige was abruptly cut short.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soludo: I Was Asked To Reject Buhari’s Appointment ‘because There’s No Money’ by mercyviv(f): 10:10pm On Oct 01, 2019
Your Igbo friend called you to leave their appointment for them, because there's no money there. That's just exactly how our people reason, they see every position they occupy as a means to an end! So pathetic!!
Meanwhile...
Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to the best compilation of school lesson notes/plans, curriculum and exams. Visit my signature for details...
Re: Soludo: I Was Asked To Reject Buhari’s Appointment ‘because There’s No Money’ by Antichristus: 10:48pm On Oct 01, 2019
EVERY SINGLE WORD SOLUDO ALLEGEDLY UTTERED IS THE PERFECT TRUTH. SADLY, THE CLUELESS LOT PROBABLY WON'T LISTEN TO HIM.
Re: Soludo: I Was Asked To Reject Buhari’s Appointment ‘because There’s No Money’ by blueghost(m): 10:56pm On Oct 01, 2019
Prof Charles the economics brain box

1 Like

Re: Soludo: I Was Asked To Reject Buhari’s Appointment ‘because There’s No Money’ by magzey: 11:29pm On Oct 01, 2019
gratiaeo:
All juicy position have been occupied by fulani's without actually doing anything
Thank God the one you are Articulating is also A Fulani man grin grin
Re: Soludo: I Was Asked To Reject Buhari’s Appointment ‘because There’s No Money’ by Difrent: 6:29am On Oct 02, 2019
neoclassical:
Soludo, Nigerian best Economist alive. This man is economically sound. As a Development Economist, I have reservations about someone like Soludo making great impact in Buhari's government. Soludo is an expansionary Economist, whereas Buhari believes in contractionary economic policies. What Nigeria needs now is "Soludo Model" in order to keep the economy in liquidity and ultimately achieve rapid growth in the real sector of the economy. There is liquidity trap in the country, which has contributed to stagnation in the real sector. For us to redeem the country and its citizens from the vicious circle of poverty, we need heavy investment in social overhead capital through lopsided economic model, in that, the economy will diversify itself naturally. When business environment becomes conducive, small and medium scale enterprises will thrive, income of the people will increase, leading to high standard of living.

Without electricity, whatever model be it expansionary like soludo or as you said reactionary like Buhari, will not likely make any impact, what we needed yesterday to grow our economy is steady and adequate electricity
No amount of economic councils set up will achieve anything if they cannot provide sustainable electricity

2 Likes

Re: Soludo: I Was Asked To Reject Buhari’s Appointment ‘because There’s No Money’ by ChidiAlaigbo: 2:30pm On Oct 02, 2019
chuckjonesbaba:

Thank you so much did you see that? Talking about illiterate people. In the USA 85 percent of the population is illiterate compared to Nigerians yet they live better than us. Nigeria needs an economy where the grasslands will have jobs to take care of their family. A school dropout in USA makes 8 or 9 dollars per hour. Can buy a car, rent apartment and feed comfortably if the resources are managed prudently. Give that to an average person in Nigeria trust me no one will ever complain ever! There is no middle class in Nigeria. We are being ruled by wicked heartless people who think that the dividends of democracy are a favor and gift to the masses. If we know our rights they serve us and need to account for no good roads no good water systems, no electricity and no health care.

The bolded is not possible na? How much does the federal government make in a year? Please divide the budget by the number of human beings in Nigeria and you will get your answer. What are we selling to the world to generate dollars? How much dollar do we make as a nation in one year? Divide the amount by 200 million people na.
Nigeria is a very poor country that cannot afford the bolded, ok.
Re: Soludo: I Was Asked To Reject Buhari’s Appointment ‘because There’s No Money’ by chuckjonesbaba(m): 4:40pm On Oct 02, 2019
ChidiAlaigbo:

The bolded is not possible na? How much does the federal government make in a year? Please divide the budget by the number of human beings in Nigeria and you will get your answer. What are we selling to the world to generate dollars? How much dollar do we make as a nation in one year? Divide the amount by 200 million people na.
Nigeria is a very poor country that cannot afford the bolded, ok.

Lol I know what you mean but imagine all the years of mismanagement and corruption. If those funds were utilized in building infrastructure and maintaining steady power. Foreign investors and local investors would have made it a bit possible.
Re: Soludo: I Was Asked To Reject Buhari’s Appointment ‘because There’s No Money’ by luluosas(m): 6:14pm On Oct 02, 2019
Good
Re: Soludo: I Was Asked To Reject Buhari’s Appointment ‘because There’s No Money’ by grandstar(m): 9:10pm On Oct 02, 2019
ChidiAlaigbo:

BEAUTIFUL NONSENSE!

Too much grammatical nonsense.........expansionary and contractionary when 200m low IQ people can not produce food to eat or pencils for their extremely large number of children to write with.....

Engineers that cannot build a simple gutter - that's what you sound like.......SWERVE!

People don't determine the future of a country but policies. Policies direct a country. The same lazy people here perform wonders abroad.

Nigerians might not produce pencils but we sure do.produce lots of pens for both local and exports market.

what neoclassical said was quite sound

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soludo: I Was Asked To Reject Buhari’s Appointment ‘because There’s No Money’ by ChidiAlaigbo: 6:09pm On Oct 03, 2019
grandstar:

People don't determine the future of a country but policies. Policies direct a country. The same lazy people here perform wonders abroad.

Nigerians might not produce pencils but we sure do.produce lots of pens for both local and exports market.

what neoclassical said was quite sound

Policies? Nigeria has one of the best policies in the world ......infact one of the most perfect policies and policy statements

Sadly for Nigeria and Nigerians it is people who implement policies.

Lagos state has a good road management and traffic control policies .......but the road users are arrant monkeys! The same madness is reflected everywhere in our national life - hospitals, schools, electricity companies etc etc etc

Most states don't pay salaries AFTER collecting allocations or collecting salary bailout from the Federal government, is that due to policy or the people in the state government?

Nigeria's problem is the people. Buhari will leave in 2023 and we'll see how far. We are no better than monkeys!!
Re: Soludo: I Was Asked To Reject Buhari’s Appointment ‘because There’s No Money’ by ChidiAlaigbo: 6:13pm On Oct 03, 2019
chuckjonesbaba:

Lol I know what you mean but imagine all the years of mismanagement and corruption. If those funds were utilized in building infrastructure and maintaining steady power. Foreign investors and local investors would have made it a bit possible.

I understand BUT those funds are already gone now. We cant keep looking back unless where there is a possibility of recovering some of the money.

Nigeria as of today is too poor to pay what you suggested. That's all.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Train Attack: 9 Killed, Many Kidnapped, Terrorists Chanted 'Allahu Akbar' / Reno Omokri Offers Cash Reward In Search Of Poster Who Threatened His Child / Army Urges Public Not To Panic During Movement Of Troops, Equipment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.