Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,220 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

Does Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder, Or Absence Makes The Heart Wander? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder, Or Absence Makes The Heart Wander? (4425 Views)

Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder: True Or False? / 8 Ways To Win The Heart Of Stubborn Girls / Does Absence Make The Heart Grow Fonder Or Give Room To Wander? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder, Or Absence Makes The Heart Wander? by mediatrix8(f): 4:00pm On Nov 04, 2010
[b]I think that if the relationship is stable enough, the heart will grow fonder with the absence. “Absence makes the heart grow fonder" means that the time you spend away from the one you love makes you love that person even more. "The word "absence" means to be away. To "grow fonder" is to care more". When someone you care for is away, you miss that person and think about them often, and that feeling makes you want to be with them even more. On the other hand, if the relationship is not stable, or if it has an even slight of friction or a steady flow of misunderstanding for whatever reason, the heart will wander.

The strains on a long distance relationship are many and intense. Frequently, couples in this situation quote "absence makes the heart grow fonder" as a way of reassuring themselves and each other that their love will sustain them over the difficulties of distance and time. But unless both partners are committed to doing the very hard work of being together alone, their relationship will soon fall to another, equally common saying: "Out of sight, out of mind.".

No doubt true love WILL conquer and prevail, but an unstable or weak love will go off wandering. No relationship is perfect, but a long distance romance is a good way to test your relationship and your loyalty and patience with each other. If it survives, it’s true love. As with all relationships, the key to success is that the partners are committed to each other and to their own way of being a couple.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Does Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder, Or Absence Makes The Heart Wander? by iice(f): 4:04pm On Nov 04, 2010
If only one half of the whole is on the 'true love' path. Your true love go kill you.
Re: Does Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder, Or Absence Makes The Heart Wander? by mediatrix8(f): 4:32pm On Nov 04, 2010
Individual differences,the way we carry our lives and the way we show love depends on the person, I just hope True love still exists :, If so,the World would be a better place to live smiley
Re: Does Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder, Or Absence Makes The Heart Wander? by iice(f): 4:56pm On Nov 04, 2010
Exactly. Would that people follow their advice and stop trying to project their scenarios (which is mostly bias anyway) onto the general.
Re: Does Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder, Or Absence Makes The Heart Wander? by mediatrix8(f): 5:02pm On Nov 04, 2010
yes, Ma'am kiss
Re: Does Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder, Or Absence Makes The Heart Wander? by Creamish(f): 5:06pm On Nov 04, 2010
Initially, its fonder . . .but after a while it gets strained and if the communication isnt regular, it wanders . . .   undecided
Re: Does Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder, Or Absence Makes The Heart Wander? by rhymz(m): 5:29pm On Nov 04, 2010
To be candid, I dont advise anyone to go into long distance r/ship esp when there is no definite time space to be together again. Am in one and damn it, I ve gone 4rm fonder to wander, I am tired of talking to her on phone, kinda boring and monotonous, there is hardly anything of interest to say to eachother besides boring tales of what we did that day plus some funny @$s lies to liven up the conversation. In fact, lately, I ve noticed that the two us of have lost enthusiasm when we speak, we ve even somehow agreed on tacit terms to reduce the number of times we call eachother coz we are fast becoming a bore to eachother. . . 4ck all those fairy tales of if U love and communicate shyit! Shyit is over! Infact, I see it as the beging of the ending, period. Already, I ve adjusted and begining to make myself available again, am sure she too has thought about doing thesame or is even doing thesame, come on, it is human nature jare!
Re: Does Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder, Or Absence Makes The Heart Wander? by MissyB3(f): 11:53pm On Nov 04, 2010
rhymz:

To be candid, I dont advise anyone to go into long distance r/ship esp when there is no definite time space to be together again. Am in one and damn it, I ve gone 4rm fonder to wander, I am tired of talking to her on phone, kinda boring and monotonous, there is hardly anything of interest to say to eachother besides boring tales of what we did that day plus some funny @$s lies to liven up the conversation. In fact, lately, I ve noticed that the two us of have lost enthusiasm when we speak, we ve even somehow agreed on tacit terms to reduce the number of times we call eachother coz we are fast becoming a bore to eachother. . . 4ck all those fairy tales of if U love and communicate shyit! Shyit is over! Infact, I see it as the beging of the ending, period. Already, I ve adjusted and begining to make myself available again, am sure she too has thought about doing thesame or is even doing thesame, come on, it is human nature jare!
cool

1 out of 10 LDRs works. 'Distance makes the 'Love' grow stronger, indeed'. Dreams!
I like and agree with the last words . . . .It's human nature.
Re: Does Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder, Or Absence Makes The Heart Wander? by mediatrix8(f): 12:22am On Nov 05, 2010
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm BRB smiley
Re: Does Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder, Or Absence Makes The Heart Wander? by mediatrix8(f): 5:39am On Nov 05, 2010
Re: Does Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder, Or Absence Makes The Heart Wander?
« #38 on: Yesterday at 05:29:12 PM »
[quote][/quote]

RHYMZ
I understand how you feel because you have been a victim of distance relationship and an unfaithful lover.It's reality,it happens many times not only you because temptations are everywhere and some people tend to forget everything and can't fight this temptations in their way, but move on , life must go on.Someday you will find someone true to you no matter how far you may be to each other.Good luck! smiley
Re: Does Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder, Or Absence Makes The Heart Wander? by mediatrix8(f): 1:04pm On Nov 05, 2010
:-x :-x :-x
Re: Does Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder, Or Absence Makes The Heart Wander? by Wumine(f): 1:19pm On Nov 05, 2010
If the absence is too long, the heart can definitely wander away. 'The closer the dearer'
Re: Does Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder, Or Absence Makes The Heart Wander? by mediatrix8(f): 5:37am On Nov 08, 2010
right!
Re: Does Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder, Or Absence Makes The Heart Wander? by mediatrix8(f): 12:06pm On Nov 18, 2010
wink
Re: Does Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder, Or Absence Makes The Heart Wander? by Damilorlah(m): 1:42am On Dec 02, 2011
Absence makes d heart goes fonder until it get 2 a point when d absence of love ones makes d heart think otherwise.
Re: Does Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder, Or Absence Makes The Heart Wander? by Manweysabi(m): 10:43am On Dec 02, 2011
Absence makes the heart grow fonder, but too much absence makes the heart go wander!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Most Annoying Poster In The Romance Section 2012 - Romance - Nairaland / Reasons Why Women Cheat / Relationship Advice For 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.