Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,866 members, 7,817,562 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies - Pets (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies (82683 Views)

A Mysterious Tortoise Appeared In Our Backyard Today. Advise Needed! (pictures) / See This Little Tortoise I Saw At Our Backyard / I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by GREATESTPIANIST: 5:19pm On Oct 03, 2019
blingxx:

No.. Just curious o
ok
Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by buzorcharles(m): 5:19pm On Oct 03, 2019
GOFRONT:
undecided

Last time, It was about the Oldest Gorilla who passed away in UNN....And now a 344 year old Toroise......

Only when they die, That's when we hear about their existence....

Facts

Pls check out my signature. Urgent sale
Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by KingOdart(m): 5:19pm On Oct 03, 2019
Arysexy:
Lies! 344 wetin? They wan their own UNN Gorilla to trend.

Do we even have the technology to detect such in Nigeria. Even common Radio-carbon dating that gives rough estimate, we don't have.

Why do you guys always feel like everything from others is being direct at you lol?

This is really getting annoying

2 Likes

Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by Nobody: 5:20pm On Oct 03, 2019
Who counted the years?
Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by chukwuibuipob: 5:20pm On Oct 03, 2019
sad shocked sad Kabiesi oooo
Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by VillageHead: 5:21pm On Oct 03, 2019
MelesZenawi:
How do they know the tortoise is 344 years..?

Uncle abeg ask them I,!
Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by NothingDoMe: 5:22pm On Oct 03, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Trash.

Why did same historical records knew that buhari is 84 years and not 73.

Why didn't same historical records not aware that buhari didn't have any Certificate.
Lol.

Probably powerful forces at work to rewrite Buhari's historical records.
Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 03, 2019
How da hell did they Arrive at the conclusions how on how old the totoise was? who and how did they determine how old the reptile was?
Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by nnekaEmmanuel: 5:24pm On Oct 03, 2019
Will man u deliver tonight?
Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by Arysexy(m): 5:25pm On Oct 03, 2019
solutionkingdom:
Mynd44 is the most stupid and senseless moderator on Nairaland, you keep banning people when it is clear the other person start the insult, just because the person quoted you and point out the rules but you don't investigate allegations, Is provocation not also part of the rule:

Rule 2. States: Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to Nairaland members OR THEIR TRIBES.

Why not ban the two members instead of taking sides?

exc2000 will provoke members with his post then quote rule 2 and mention dumb Mynd44 for the member to be banned, moderator Mynd44 will not investigate but is quick to act like a coward.

If you ban me, I will use another account to insult your father Mynd44. seun take note.

You don chop ban till 3049 be that. Say bye bye to this moniker
Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by chukwuibuipob: 5:25pm On Oct 03, 2019
pacino26:
Man used to live longer but beer now don cut our life slip cheesy

Can these scientists do something about the longevity of MBE nwa aniga and create a serum for men.
u wan reach 600 still dey knack
Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by Nobody: 5:25pm On Oct 03, 2019
Arysexy:

Do we even have the technology to detect such in Nigeria. Even common Radio-carbon dating that gives rough estimate, we don't have.
Absolutely! how did they Arrive at such conclusions? bullshit!!

1 Like

Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by IceColdVeins(m): 5:26pm On Oct 03, 2019
legend even had it that when the tortoise dies, the sitting king dies with it
SpecialAdviser:
Im sure some people will start worshiping it. Even calling it their ancestor.

Africans and stupidity are like 5 and 6.
Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by daddio(m): 5:26pm On Oct 03, 2019
Arysexy:

But we have corruption-carbon, bad-belle carbon, tradermoni-carbon, yahoo-carbon ...
Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by jeff1607(m): 5:27pm On Oct 03, 2019
long before now they couldn't do all they can for a mate for her or ship in (frozen) sperm to preserve her bloodline,

Talk about a king with wisdom
Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 03, 2019
yea! right! my dick is 50 inch long and 400 years old too.

Knock yourselves dead.
Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by Olaikpu10: 5:29pm On Oct 03, 2019
[s]
Exc2000:

Oga stop quoting or mentioning me in your rant... i have never seen this username before or had any fight with you

or is this your alternate account ?
[/s]
Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by SOPWriter: 5:29pm On Oct 03, 2019
boss1310:
so who was counting the age knowing fully well that three centuries ago we don't count the years like we do before the arrival of our colonial masters
Please, see the video: the years was counted using the numbers of Kings that has resigned in that land.
I actually heard about him (via a tourist visit program) before today.

I am not saying the numbers are accurate.

3 Likes

Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by engrkaz(m): 5:30pm On Oct 03, 2019
Not true, especially about Alagba!!!
GOFRONT:
undecided

Last time, It was about the Oldest Gorilla who passed away in UNN....And now a 344 year old Toroise......

1 Like

Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by BABSSSOO(m): 5:31pm On Oct 03, 2019
MelesZenawi:
How do they know the tortoise is 344 years..?
if your great great grand Father died at 90,and your great died 59 years later,and your granny died another 60 after.... and your baba don reach 70 now....meanwhile na all of them know alagba while growing up, oya you calculate alagba age...

4 Likes

Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by chukwuibuipob: 5:32pm On Oct 03, 2019
sad angry sad angry
donprinyo:

E remain oldest nigerian president
undecided.Fear God .What if u go b4 him? Allow him to run/finish his tenure and go back to his Daura
Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by midnighter(f): 5:36pm On Oct 03, 2019
Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by mkoabiola: 5:40pm On Oct 03, 2019
This cannot b 344 years....dem add nobas join
Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by ojonugba2014(m): 5:41pm On Oct 03, 2019
na waoo,i met her last month,but guyz if u see am u go knw saey the thnz don old die, i grow up in ogbomoso,i once asked one of d oldest man (101yearz) in ogbomoso about 10yearz ago,he said his fathe nd grand father nd great grand father met that tortise,infact that tortise is far older than ogbomoso itself

3 Likes

Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by tophumble(m): 5:42pm On Oct 03, 2019
Chai. The tortoise will get a befitting burial from the pple of Ogbomoso

RIP Alagba Ogbomoso
Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by Idris29(m): 5:44pm On Oct 03, 2019
Where is her birth certificate?

1 Like

Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by TGMISKY(m): 5:44pm On Oct 03, 2019
RIP to the tortoise.
Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by kerry57: 5:46pm On Oct 03, 2019
SpecialAdviser:
Im sure some people will start worshiping it. Even calling it their ancestor.

Africans and stupidity are like 5 and 6.
Thank God u are an African and cant deny that u are stupid. Just personalize it and dont generalize ur stupidity.
Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by Dokitadotun: 5:48pm On Oct 03, 2019
GOFRONT:
undecided

But this tortoise was quite famous sha. I have known her for many years now

1 Like

Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by Lonewolf98: 5:55pm On Oct 03, 2019
ghuzy01:

The tortoise in Ogbomoso is well known and popular.moreso this present soun is over 90 years old and he said his father told him he (the grandfather) met the tortoise alive.so it's very possible the tortoise is in that age range.I think there is also a way the age of tortoise is calculated with the markings on their back
They won't believe because it's Nigeria if it was abroad they would have swallowed it hook line and sinker..

5 Likes

Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by Bimpe29: 5:55pm On Oct 03, 2019
That is indicative that, no natter how long we live, we shall die one day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dean Schneider; The Man That Belongs To A Lion’s Pride / My Pet Snake / Rottweiler Dog Bites Pupil To Death In Port-Harcourt, Shot Dead After. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.