Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,429 members, 7,836,726 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us - Religion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us (41989 Views)

Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World / Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Janosky: 5:59pm On Nov 04, 2019
Maximus69:

During my service in the military intelligence, i've learnt a lot of lessons by watching how many of our agents (colleagues) die because they're not calm with their approach during missions!

At times you may be sent on an mission that's really tough but if you're not wise, you'll end up doing things that you will regret for the rest of your life!

So in every mission back then, i've learnt to be a good listener! My Japanese trainer in martial art will say "never listen to the anger but concentrate on what aroused the angry one". What he means is that someone may walk up to you saying
" you must be stupid, you're crazy, you're a nuisance, hopeless idiot and useless nincompoop, why do you have to .......?"

So what should a competent martial artist listen to? Well it's "why do you have to?" That's what brought the barbaric utterances. Therefore you just walk up to correct the mistake you made and the stupid one will immediately change his tone! wink

Gbam !
The lessons are well noted.
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by TemmyT002(m): 6:22pm On Nov 04, 2019
Janosky:

pek :
Mr OP, you are a hypocrite! You
alienated yourself from being a JW but
reading your epistle, you are. I don't
have anything against your opinion but
it would have been better to say you
are a JW and are better than the other
Christians. You were hiding under the
cloak that you are part of the other
Christians."

Pek is a CONFIRMED BIGOT.

Leave me alone jor
Go and sleep
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Janosky: 6:40pm On Nov 04, 2019
PervertProphet:

[quote author=PervertProphet post=83721124]
(*1)
Yeah! The same erection the weird looking Stephen Lett, one of your slowpoke governing body looking member gives you guys with all their twisted lies while brainwashing you dummies with all that "Apostate" talk while they make use of "Babylon" media channels the most for their propaganda.

(*2).
The same J.W that used to condemn Televangelists are now going heavily into Teleevangelism so much these days. Hypocrites who are always flip-flopping on their doctrines.

(*3)
Each year, a new "light" that is never experienced individually but only when the mind control governing body gives the nod for the rest of the 2nd tier great crowd moronic witnesses to switch doctrines. So much for the noise about "Independent study".

t
(**1)

I'm not amazed. "Pervert" is your name on this public forum. The implications are obvious.

(*2).
Animal sacrifices was a practice of God's people in the past, why you no continue with that practice ?
Ignoramus wey no know the history of JWs & media broadcasting.
Dey there dey deceive yourself.

(*3)
What a just exposure of your hypocrisy!
Whenever he's about to fleece your pocket, your pastorpreneurs tells you " God spoke to him"
In what language(s)?
Where is your proof of "Independent study" & verification of his claims?

I no blame am sha, maybe the god of your pastorpreneur can't speak to Pervert.
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by kimco(m): 6:57pm On Nov 04, 2019
Acrobatics01:

Usually, our prayers are said calmly, we don't disturb others with our prayers since we are praying to the one who hears and knows everything.

So then why do you pray? A question for all religious people? Why do you pray to an omniscient God?
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Janosky: 7:04pm On Nov 04, 2019
generationz:

Lol, when you are to counter my opinions with strong points then come back.

You just proved my point about Jehovahs witness not having a mind of their own. Not a single strong point in your post.

Why you dey deceive yourself?
There are specific Bible verses which addressed those topics. Did you check it out to confirm if the Bible verses were in tandem with what JWs believe ?

You wey get mind of your own, why your pastorpreneur go dey collect membership fees/dues from your pocket you dey sheepishly give am, for attending his business center monthly?
Did Jesus Christ and his followers pay membership fees/dues?
Dey there dey deceive yourself.
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Acrobatics01: 7:54pm On Nov 04, 2019
kimco:

So then why do you pray? A question for all religious people? Why do you pray to an omniscient God?

a simple answer is that the "omniscient" God is not just a God to us, but also a father and a friend, hence, as is true for every relationship, communication is key.
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 9:07pm On Nov 04, 2019
Acrobatics01:

a simple answer is that the "omniscient" God is not just a God to us, but also a father and a friend, hence, as is true for every relationship, communication is key.

ATHEISTS do ask lots of questions, but their minds are fixed on the things they've been taught in their respective religions before they lost interest in religion!

That term OMNISCIENT raised lot of thought provoking questions.

First of all let's get something straight here about God. If he wish to know of course he can SEE everything happening everywhere. But presently, he has taken his attention away from where evil could be done because he can't bear SEEING evil! Habakkuk 1:13

After what happened in the garden of Eden, God turned his back on the human race until the price of sin is fully paid! After Jesus have taken the proof to heaven to present it before God's throne in the presence of all the heavenly host { Revelation 5:6} God turn his attention on only to those chosen/anointed by his holy spirit! These are the only people God is dealing with directly for now, and whoever want his name to be written in God's memory book, such a person must assist the born again Christians in their God's given assignment! Matthew 25:31-46

It's his angels that he has equipped to see evil and maintain their neutrality that he dispatched to all the corners of the earth to bring back reports of what the alienated descendants of Adam are doing to themselves! Genesis 18:20-21

So according to the Bible, God is NOT aware of most things happening on this planet except the ones his angels report to him!

He only concentrates on those doing what's right in his eyes, as his angels are reporting what people are doing all across the globe to him!

So when the Bible says God's eyes is roving throughout the earth, many will be confused thinking it's God's eyes that's actually seeing what's happening everywhere! 2Chronicles 16:9

Well the Bible book of Revelations explains what was written in 2Chronicles, that God designed some angels so that their body is full of eyes sharper than that of the eagles! Revelations 4:8

It's this type of angels that are serving as God's eyes throughout the earth, and making reports to him!

So don't allow the atheists to drag you into unnecessary arguments, if they don't believe in God, let them present what we need to solve the problems facing humanity.
Religion has been keeping people in check for some times now, let them come up with something efficacious to keep people in check morally! smiley

God bless you!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Janosky: 9:46pm On Nov 04, 2019
Geminita1:

(1)
. From what i've seen and heard from them they deny a very fundamental teaching of Christianity; which is Jesus Christ being God in the flesh. It is a common knowledge in the bible that anybody who denies this is not a genuine Christian even if they have the appearance of an angel.

* 2)
They also think they Holy Spirit is a force and not the Spirit of God. Red flag as far the bible is concerned.

(*3)
God's name is Jehova, true but God has revealed the name he wants us to call him in these last days. It is by that name that every knee in heaven, on earth and beneath the grounds must bow. It is by that name that we must request anything, i mean anything from God.
If there is anything that we wish to bind or cast away or agree upon, we must invoke that name else nothing will happen. The name is Jesus Christ. Demons fear this name, angels bow at the mention of this name, God answers our prayers when we mention this name.

(*4)
Jehova witnesses have removed the name and also the deity of God.

@1) Where is your proof?

@2) Not true.

** Final Question..
*3 . You said : "God's name is Jehova, true.."
*4) You said:
"Jehova witnesses have removed the name and also the deity of God."

Why is your Statement * 3 CONTRADICTORY to your statement * 4?
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Janosky: 10:03pm On Nov 04, 2019
eagleonearth:

(*1)
. Everything you wrote here transpired because I'm not a young Christian by His grace so I know the right questions to ask in order to maximize time. I summarized by telling them that one on one I can seduce and sleep with them

(*2)
I also believe in heaven as my home after life here on earth. If you're busy searching for someone's mansion you couldn't build but have hope if inheriting in the future, Lemme shock you, you're on a very long thing

(*1).
Are you are a follower of Jesus Christ or you're a pervert? Luke 6:45.
Women and girls in your church and neighborhood are endangered species....
Dirty old men everywhere. Chai !!!

(*2).
Matt 5:5, Between you and Jesus Christ, who is lying?
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Janosky: 10:27pm On Nov 04, 2019
maestroferddi:

They believe that the wicked will be destroyed in the war of Armaggedon.

*2)
The stated that hell referred as understood by most Christians actually referred a valley in Israel where the Jews were sacrificing/burning their children...

You will be hearing a lot of "Gehenna, Sheol and Hades"...

**3)
Where they got all the doctrines they preach defies comprehension...

*1)
Rev 16:14,16. 2 Thess1:7-9.
What did Jesus say happened in Noah's time and will happen again?. Matt24:36-39. 2 Pet 3:5-7. 2:5,6
Pls confirm if it's right there in your copy of the holy Bible

**2) Yes. It's true.
Dictionaries - Easton's Bible Dictionary -
Gehenna
Gehenna
" (Originally Ge bene Hinnom; i.e., "the valley
of the sons of Hinnom"wink, a deep, narrow glen
to the south of Jerusalem, where the
idolatrous Jews offered their children in
sacrifice to Molech ( 2 Chronicles 28:3 ;
33:6 ; Jeremiah 7:31 ; 19:2-6 ). This valley
afterwards became the common receptacle
for all the refuse of the city. Here the dead
bodies of animals and of criminals, and all
kinds of filth, were cast and consumed by
fire kept always burning. It thus in process
of time became THE IMAGE of THE PLACE OF
EVERLASTING DESTRUCTION.
In this sense it is used by our Lord in Matthew 5:22 Matthew 5:29 Matthew 5:30 ; 10:28 ; 18:9 ; Matthew
23:15 Matthew 23:33 ; Mark 9:43 Mark 9:45
Mark 9:47 ; Luke 12:5 . In these passages,
and also in James 3:6."

* Gehenna is NOT a torture chamber. Gehenna is NOT hellfire.... Truth is bitter.

*3).
It's right there in your copy of the holy Bible.
Pls Study your holy Bible more & detoxify yourself from the junk your pastorpreneurs have spoonfed you since 19gbidigbidi....
You can visit Jw.org to request for a home bible study...

1 Like

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Janosky: 10:55pm On Nov 04, 2019
maestroferddi:

(1)
You believe that Jesus is a created
being...

(*2)
My Bible warns me to flee from anybody or group debating/denying the divinity of Jesus.

(1)
"He (Jesus ) is the firstborn of every creature".
Colossians 1:15 KJV.

(*2).
John20:17. 1st John 4:14,15. Rev 3:5,12. Can you flee from the truth? Deal with it.
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Janosky: 11:30pm On Nov 04, 2019
Nowenuse:

[/quote author=Nowenuse post=83302845]

Truly, Jehovah witnesses have a lot of good and positive things to them which other Christians should emulate. Nevertheless, their evil sides are worse!

*1)
They are extremist!

If your own Mother who brought you into this world or your twin with whom you shared a placenta and DNA type is a Jehovah Witness and you are not, expect them to prefer a complete stranger or foreigner who is a JW than you. Is this not madness?

*1(A)
When your wedding day comes, your own mother who is a JW will not attend that wedding as long as you are not a JW.

(*2)
They never attend other people's churches or collect other people's materials but expect you to attend theirs and collect theirs, what kind of hypocrisy is that?

(*3)
If you were once a JW and you backslide, not to even talk of leaving the fold. You are ostracized from your family, friends and everybody and treated like an outcast. For God's sake, what is the difference between this and a cult? Had it been JW believe in bloodshed, they would have been worse than Islamic extremism.

(*4)
The worse of their practices is rejection of blood transfusion. I have seen JW people I knew (especially women) die at childbirth or an accident when they loose a lot of blood and the only solution to help them live is blood transfusion and they reject it and die instead.

I swear if my daughter or sister marries a JW, I will mourn her and forget her from that very day. I wouldn't even wait for that to happen.

(*5)
Abeg, I thank God for we Pentecostals. We are very free with each other, we attend each other's churches, we intermarry each other. We don't discriminate or judge others (except for the Deeper life people). We live freely. JW are not free. It's like they are living in bondage.

Cc TemmyT002

(*1).
JWs are NOT extremists. Or you mean Jesus Christ is an extremist. He said:
"Who is my mother and who are my brothers? And extending his hand towards his disciples he said "Look! My mother and my brothers!"
Matt12:46-50. Matt 10:37-38. Gal6:10.
JWs Love for Jesus and his Father comes first before family ties.

1(A). JWs attend weddings, funeral etc of non JW family members. I do.

*2)
Not hypocrisy. Not every church members accept our publications. I don't force you to accept mine. You can't force me to accept yours. But talk true. Our tract alone make sense pass the handbill claiming of a miracle that even you can't verify.

3 Likes

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by kimco(m): 12:26am On Nov 05, 2019
Acrobatics01:

Do u pray to simply make conversation with God?

The very meaning of prayer is "to ask" for something, or implore....me and you know you are not simply asking God how he is doing or how his family is doing or just to chk up on him/her.

Your prayer is always to ask for something...dats why its "prayer"

So if he knows all and see all...why do you need to ask for something again?
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by kimco(m): 12:31am On Nov 05, 2019
Maximus69:

ATHEISTS do ask lots of questions, but their minds are fixed on the things they've been taught in their respective religions before they lost interest in religion!

That term OMNISCIENT raised lot of thought provoking questions.

First of all let's get something straight here about God. If he wish to know of course he can SEE everything happening everywhere. But presently, he has taken his attention away from where evil could be done because he can't bear SEEING evil! Habakkuk 1:13

After what happened in the garden of Eden, God turned his back on the human race until the price of sin is fully paid! After Jesus have taken the proof to heaven to present it before God's throne in the presence of all the heavenly host { Revelation 5:6} God turn his attention on only to those chosen/anointed by his holy spirit! These are the only people God is dealing with directly for now, and whoever want his name to be written in God's memory book, such a person must assist the born again Christians in their God's given assignment! Matthew 25:31-46

It's his angels that he has equipped to see evil and maintain their neutrality that he dispatched to all the corners of the earth to bring back reports of what the alienated descendants of Adam are doing to themselves! Genesis 18:20-21

So according to the Bible, God is NOT aware of most things happening on this planet except the ones his angels report to him!

He only concentrates on those doing what's right in his eyes, as his angels are reporting what people are doing all across the globe to him!

So when the Bible says God's eyes is roving throughout the earth, many will be confused thinking it's God's eyes that's actually seeing what's happening everywhere! 2Chronicles 16:9

Well the Bible book of Revelations explains what was written in 2Chronicles, that God designed some angels so that their body is full of eyes sharper than that of the eagles! Revelations 4:8

It's this type of angels that are serving as God's eyes throughout the earth, and making reports to him!

So don't allow the atheists to drag you into unnecessary arguments, if they don't believe in God, let them present what we need to solve the problems facing humanity.
Religion has been keeping people in check for some times now, let them come up with something efficacious to keep people in check morally! smiley

God bless you!

Not one of wat u said made sense....i have de power to see into de future but i'd rather have u cry and beg and harras me jux to give it to u.

And if you need religion to keep you in chk u are an evil person..u need help. Humans follow abstract laws dey have created for themselves...so far as the enforcement is legit, dere is calm and balance.

And even with de growth of churches in every corner adultery and other social vices abound...i wonder why.

Im no atheist...atleast not yet...but with silly comments like urs...i myt jux port.
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Janosky: 12:38am On Nov 05, 2019
Janosky:

quote author=Nowenuse post=83302845]

(*1).
JWs are NOT extremists. Or you mean Jesus Christ is an extremist. He said:
"Who is my mother and who are my brothers? And extending his hand towards his disciples he said "Look! My mother and my brothers!"
Matt12:46-50. Matt 10:37-38. Gal6:10.
JWs Love for Jesus and his Father comes first before family ties.

1(A). JWs attend weddings, funeral etc of non JW family members. I do.

*2)
Not hypocrisy. Not every church members accept our publications. I don't force you to accept mine. You can't force me to accept yours. But talk true. Our tract alone make sense pass the handbill claiming of a miracle that even you can't verify.

3)
JWs assist those weak in faith to rebuild their faith. Nobody is perfect. James 5:14.
But,ZERO tolerance for unrepentant wrongdoers. "REMOVE the wicked person from among yourselves' says 1Cor5:1-13. Or you mean Jesus Christ and apostle Paul were cultists. Matt12:47-50. Matt 10:37-39. Gal6:10. Loyalty to Jesus Christ and Jehovah supersedes family ties.

4*)
Who told you that blood transfusion "is the only solution"?
If it was true,my beloved cousin, Arthur Ashe ,Pope John Paul,Ronald Reagan etc will still be alive today. Our anchor is in the Resurrection promises of Jesus Christ and his Father. John 5:28. Isaiah 25:8. Acts24:15.
We stick to the Bible as our Authority -Acts 5:29. -Acts 15:29. Jesus injunction to put Jehovah first above other things still subsists.Matt10:37-40.
JWs accept ALL forms of medicare /treatments with out blood transfusion.
Blood less surgery / treatment is the best form of medicare which every medical professionals should avail their patients.
JWs have plans in place to attend to the needs of our members during emergencies.

5).
Una Pentecostals love una selves,that is why 10 different Pentecostals churches will be in the same street with conflicting "spirit filled" doctrines rather than be under one roof with the same overseer.
In your Bible,Apostles Paul,Peter and John dey pastor different churches with conflicting doctrines?
cc: Nowenuse
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Acrobatics01: 6:47am On Nov 05, 2019
kimco:

Do u pray to simply make conversation with God?

The very meaning of prayer is "to ask" for something, or implore....me and you know you are not simply asking God how he is doing or how his family is doing or just to chk up on him/her.

Your prayer is always to ask for something...dats why its "prayer"

So if he knows all and see all...why do you need to ask for something again?

In line with sample prayers found the in the Bible, our prayers are not just requests.
We take time to praise and thank Him and as a friend who is all-powerful, we ask Him if our needs in specific terms.
Speaking to Him in such manners increases our confidence and trust in Him especially more when our specific prayers are answered.
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by maestroferddi: 7:26am On Nov 05, 2019
Janosky:

(1)
"He (Jesus ) is the firstborn of every creature".
Colossians 1:15 KJV.

(*2).
John20:17. 1st John 4:14,15. Rev 3:5,12. Can you flee from the truth? Deal with it.

I will take out time to teach you scripture when I am chanced.

Your laughable attempts to cherry-pick verses in the Bible and derive spurious inferences therefrom is not only unfortunate but reprehensible...
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 7:50am On Nov 05, 2019
kimco:

Not one of wat u said made sense....i have de power to see into de future but i'd rather have u cry and beg and harras me jux to give it to u.

And if you need religion to keep you in chk u are an evil person..u need help. Humans follow abstract laws dey have created for themselves...so far as the enforcement is legit, dere is calm and balance.

And even with de growth of churches in every corner adultery and other social vices abound...i wonder why.

Im no atheist...atleast not yet...but with silly comments like urs...i myt jux port.

Going through your comments in the thread and somehow reading your mind based on what you've typed so far, it's easy to understand that you're formerly one of the common misinformed churchgoers around!

In your response to Acrobatics01 you said "the very meaning of prayer is TO ASK"

Well you've been misinformed terribly Sir!

Prayers to the true God isn't just meant for ASKING, it's a means of making friend with the Creator!

Note the example of the person God called his friend and implored all those seeking his face to copy as a PERFECT example of FAITH, the man's name is Abraham! James 2:23

If you want to know why God made Abraham the main man to serve as example for all those who wish to become God's friend, please read~ Hebrew 11:8-10

Carefully check throughout the story of this man and meditate thoroughly to see (if their friendship was one side) in fact it was God who kept demanding from Abraham NOT the other way round!
Even when God made a promise to Abraham, he didn't fulfill it until this man is 99 years old! Note that throughout this man's life, he never ASK for anything personal until when God told him "I'm going to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah"

Please my friend, you've been misinformed, even you yourself no matter how stupid you may be will never take anyone seriously as your friend if he only call on you to ASK for favour! smiley

For further clarification, please consider the MODEL prayer Jesus taught his faithful followers @ Matthew 6:9-13, carefully note what Jesus mentioned before coming to ASK for our DAILY bread.

So it's faithless people who are mainly concerned about what they're GOING TO GET from God, and such ones are nothing before God but PAGANS!

Of course Jesus taught us to pray, but it's NOT for what has nothing to do with God's interest. That's why he said "put God's interest FIRST and every other thing you need (NOT WANT) will be added to you" Matthew 6:33

Jesus' next statement after that is "each day has troubles already waiting"! Matthew 6:34

Thanks! smiley
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 8:17am On Nov 05, 2019
Acrobatics01:

In line with sample prayers found the in the Bible, our prayers are not just requests.
We take time to praise and thank Him and as a friend who is all-powerful, we ask Him if our needs in specific terms.
Speaking to Him in such manners increases our confidence and trust in Him especially more when our specific prayers are answered.

Hmmmmmmmmm, i guess you're trying not to upset our friend (kimco) by quoting the very book (Bible) in which he has now lost interest.

That's a wise attempt!

I'm just quoting the book for him, perhaps he could go back to read through once again and see where his former religious teachers erred! grin
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Janosky: 8:20am On Nov 05, 2019
maestroferddi:
I will take out time to teach you scripture when I am chanced.

Your laughable attempts to cherry-pick verses in the Bible and derive spurious inferences therefrom is not only unfortunate but reprehensible...

Colossians 1:15 KJV is no longer in your copy of the holy Bible?

Pastorpreneur and god of men says John20:17. 1st John 4:14,15. Rev 3:5,12 in his own copy of the Bible are "laughable attempts to cherry-pick verses in the Bible and derive spurious inferences therefrom is not only unfortunate but reprehensible".

He is saying that the words of Jesus Christ in John 20:17 and Rev3:5,12 corroborated by apostle John are "spurious inferences" he doesn't believe in.
Oga mi,pls keep your junk to yourself.
Or pass it on to the gullible sheeples in your business centres that you brainwashed that God commanded himself to sit at his own right hand.
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by kimco(m): 11:17am On Nov 05, 2019
Maximus69:

Going through your comments in the thread and somehow reading your mind based on what you've typed so far, it's easy to understand that you're formerly one of the common misinformed churchgoers around!

In your response to Acrobatics01 you said "the very meaning of prayer is TO ASK"

Well you've been misinformed terribly Sir!

Prayers to the true God isn't just meant for ASKING, it's a means of making friend with the Creator!

Note the example of the person God called his friend and implored all those seeking his face to copy as a PERFECT example of FAITH, the man's name is Abraham! James 2:23

If you want to know why God made Abraham the main man to serve as example for all those who wish to become God's friend, please read~ Hebrew 11:8-10

Carefully check throughout the story of this man and meditate thoroughly to see (if their friendship was one side) in fact it was God who kept demanding from Abraham NOT the other way round!
Even when God made a promise to Abraham, he didn't fulfill it until this man is 99 years old! Note that throughout this man's life, he never ASK for anything personal until when God told him "I'm going to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah"

Please my friend, you've been misinformed, even you yourself no matter how stupid you may be will never take anyone seriously as your friend if he only call on you to ASK for favour! smiley

For further clarification, please consider the MODEL prayer Jesus taught his faithful followers @ Matthew 6:9-13, carefully note what Jesus mentioned before coming to ASK for our DAILY bread.

So it's faithless people who are mainly concerned about what they're GOING TO GET from God, and such ones are nothing before God but PAGANS!

Of course Jesus taught us to pray, but it's NOT for what has nothing to do with God's interest. That's why he said "put God's interest FIRST and every other thing you need (NOT WANT) will be added to you" Matthew 6:33

Jesus' next statement after that is "each day has troubles already waiting"! Matthew 6:34

Thanks! smiley

Okay i will make things simple enough for you so u stop posting long winding essays that dont address my question properly.

WHY...DO RELIGIOUS PEOPLE.....PRAY....ASKING FOR THINGS FROM AN OMNISCIENT GOD.

UNLESS YOU CAN TELL ME THAT YOU HAVE NEVER PRAYED ASKING THINGS FROM GOD BEFORE, WHICH WOULD MAKE YOU A LIAR.

I WILL WAIT.
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by kimco(m): 11:27am On Nov 05, 2019
Acrobatics01:

That's a bold faced lie. We hold steadfast to our faith when we get answers to our requests. That's why Job was said to be an upright man. Its extremely diff to not lose faith even if u still hope, when faced with continues trials and tribulations, but a small sign telling us that we indeed have someone listening to us, however small goes a long way to maintain our faith. That's why you here the shop owner testifying that previous week sales were great and that she thanks God for listening to her prayers. To the businessman proper, this would not be a thing to testify on cos he understands how business works.

So please, you can lie to urself but spare me that.
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 11:32am On Nov 05, 2019
kimco:

Okay i will make things simple enough for you so u stop posting long winding essays that dont address my question properly.

WHY...DO RELIGIOUS PEOPLE.....PRAY....ASKING FOR THINGS FROM AN OMNISCIENT GOD.

UNLESS YOU CAN TELL ME THAT YOU HAVE NEVER PRAYED ASKING THINGS FROM GOD BEFORE, WHICH WOULD MAKE YOU A LIAR.

I WILL WAIT.

Hmmmmmmmmm,

You can ask any question FROM YOUR HEART, but if you're sincere, you need not dictate how the person you're questioning should answer! smiley

He is NOT OMNISCIENT in the sense you're applying it, so i need to speak out from my mind what i want/need. But he's not concerned with WANTS which are unlimited, he goes straight to what you NEED. That's why you need knowledge and wisdom to be his friend!

Otherwise you'll be asking for the wrong thing (out of wants) whereas he is preparing exactly what you need. So to avoid friction, you must both understand each other before asking anything from him! smiley
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by kimco(m): 11:38am On Nov 05, 2019
Maximus69:

Hmmmmmmmmm,

You can ask any question FROM YOUR HEART, but if you're sincere, you need not dictate how the person you're questioning should answer! smiley

He is NOT OMNISCIENT in the sense you're applying it, so i need to speak out from my mind what i want/need. But he's not concerned with WANTS which are unlimited, he goes straight to what you NEED. That's why you need knowledge and wisdom to be his friend!

Otherwise you'll be asking for the wrong thing (out of wants) whereas he is preparing exactly what you need. So to avoid friction, you must both understand each other before asking anything from him! smiley

So God isnt omniscient? Wat do u mean by sense dat im applying it? Is dere anoda sense of applying omniscience aka all knowing?

You need to explain this to me.
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 1:33pm On Nov 05, 2019
kimco:

So God isnt omniscient? Wat do u mean by sense dat im applying it? Is dere anoda sense of applying omniscience aka all knowing?

You need to explain this to me.

@bolded!

Will you be interested in my lengthy epistle now?

Because that's going to take almost the same length (along with biblical references) with what i typed earlier to explain that THE TRUE GOD IS NOT OMNISCIENT PRESENTLY!

But be rest assured that the Author of the Bible who claims to be the Almighty God has said in his own book "i'm no more OMNISCIENT (at least) for now". smiley
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by kimco(m): 1:50pm On Nov 05, 2019
Maximus69:

@bolded!

Will you be interested in my lengthy epistle now?

Because that's going to take almost the same length (along with biblical references) with what i typed earlier to explain that THE TRUE GOD IS NOT OMNISCIENT PRESENTLY!

But be rest assured that the Author of the Bible who claims to be the Almighty God has said in his own book "i'm no more OMNISCIENT (at least) for now". smiley

Will be interested? If its engaging enough. Why not...i want to learn.

Bolded part: well now this is interesting.
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 05, 2019
kimco:

Will be interested? If its engaging enough. Why not...i want to learn.

Bolded part: well now this is interesting.

Before God started the creation works, there was NO EVIL, he was all alone and there was nobody to envy anybody.

So the first creature he made was exactly like himself (spirit son called Michael) and later himself and Michael further the creation works to the point of making many more spirit beings (angels). That's why Michael (the first angel) was called the archangel. All these happened in heaven the place where God and all his intelligent sons (angels) lives.

Now after this ones came into existence some of them felt like having authorities just like Michael who is known as their eldest brother, but there is no one to exercise such authority upon.

Then God created the earth and all the creatures in it, then he created another set of intelligent creatures (humans) on the earth to take control of the earth. This made some of his spirit sons who are far too powerful than humans envious of man, so one of God's spirit sons challenged God saying "humans can succeed on their own with or without God's rules".

That is what brought about the incident in the garden of Eden. This spirit being used his power to possess a snake and spoke to the lesser experienced (last intelligent creature) known as woman! She fell for the bait and her husband joined her in the rebellion. God pronounced judgement upon the three rebels and turned his back on the human race!
Since then his attention is no more here, because he knew that Satan is not interested in seeing humans become independent, Satan is only interested in ruling humans and there is no way he could do this if God did not abandon as in leave them for him!

So God concentrated on heaven and his spirit sons, but he designed some of this powerful spirits to come down and keep going about on the surface of the earth. They're NOT to intervene in the affairs of what is happening amongst humans, they're just to report back to him if things are getting out of hand. The bad reports are too much to the extent that God instructed the angels to keep their eyes on good ones amongst humans. Genesis 6:9

So when people called him the OMNISCIENT God, i just laugh because someone who said his eyes are too pure to continue looking at what is evil can't be omniscient! Habakkuk 1:13

For a certainty there are many things happening ever since Satan began ruling the earth { Luke 4:6, John 14:30, 2Corinthians 4:4, 1John 5:19) that God can't bear even listening to such evil reports because HE IS HOLY { Matthew 5:48,1Peter 1:16} and that means he is 100% pure!
That's why he often sent his angels (loyal spirit sons) to go and destroy some of Adam's descendants who have gone beyond what his ears could bear! Genesis 6:6-7, 18:20 compared to Jonah 1:2

Thanks! smiley
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by maestroferddi: 5:48pm On Nov 05, 2019
Janosky:

Colossians 1:15 KJV is no longer in your copy of the holy Bible?

Pastorpreneur and god of men says John20:17. 1st John 4:14,15. Rev 3:5,12 in his own copy of the Bible are "laughable attempts to cherry-pick verses in the Bible and derive spurious inferences therefrom is not only unfortunate but reprehensible".

He is saying that the words of Jesus Christ in John 20:17 and Rev3:5,12 corroborated by apostle John are "spurious inferences" he doesn't believe in.
Oga mi,pls keep your junk to yourself.
Or pass it on to the gullible sheeples in your business centres that you brainwashed that God commanded himself to sit at his own right hand.
Just like I said, hold your horse...

You are professing another gospel and I will lay it bare for you. I just pray I will have the time...

It is pointless casting emotion-fueled aspersions.

You shall know the truth...
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by kimco(m): 6:53pm On Nov 05, 2019
Maximus69:

Before God started the creation works, there was NO EVIL, he was all alone and there was nobody to envy anybody.

So the first creature he made was exactly like himself (spirit son called Michael) and later himself and Michael further the creation works to the point of making many more spirit beings (angels). That's why Michael (the first angel) was called the archangel. All these happened in heaven the place where God and all his intelligent sons (angels) lives.

Now after this ones came into existence some of them felt like having authorities just like Michael who is known as their eldest brother, but there is no one to exercise such authority upon.

Then God created the earth and all the creatures in it, then he created another set of intelligent creatures (humans) on the earth to take control of the earth. This made some of his spirit sons who are far too powerful than humans envious of man, so one of God's spirit sons challenged God saying "humans can succeed on their own with or without God's rules".

That is what brought about the incident in the garden of Eden. This spirit being used his power to possess a snake and spoke to the lesser experienced (last intelligent creature) known as woman! She fell for the bait and her husband joined her in the rebellion. God pronounced judgement upon the three rebels and turned his back on the human race!
Since then his attention is no more here, because he knew that Satan is not interested in seeing humans become independent, Satan is only interested in ruling humans and there is no way he could do this if God did not abandon as in leave them for him!

So God concentrated on heaven and his spirit sons, but he designed some of this powerful spirits to come down and keep going about on the surface of the earth. They're NOT to intervene in the affairs of what is happening amongst humans, they're just to report back to him if things are getting out of hand. The bad reports are too much to the extent that God instructed the angels to keep their eyes on good ones amongst humans. Genesis 6:9

So when people called him the OMNISCIENT God, i just laugh because someone who said his eyes are too pure to continue looking at what is evil can't be omniscient! Habakkuk 1:13

For a certainty there are many things happening ever since Satan began ruling the earth { Luke 4:6, John 14:30, 2Corinthians 4:4, 1John 5:19) that God can't bear even listening to such evil reports because HE IS HOLY { Matthew 5:48,1Peter 1:16} and that means he is 100% pure!
That's why he often sent his angels (loyal spirit sons) to go and destroy some of Adam's descendants who have gone beyond what his ears could bear! Genesis 6:6-7, 18:20 compared to Jonah 1:2

Thanks! smiley

interesting....i will confirm your research tonight and give feedback but YES , everything points out to the fact that God isnt an omnipotent God. At one point he got so angry and wanted to kill the Israelites for worshipping idols...it was Moses who spoke reason to him....
Another is Hezekiah pleading for extension of life and after careful deliberation, was given 15 more years. What kind of all powerful God is this? He cant know all...otherwise how can his mind be changed?

All this and people swallow it whole
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 05, 2019
kimco:
interesting....i will confirm your research tonight and give feedback but YES , everything points out to the fact that God isnt an omnipotent God. At one point he got so angry and wanted to kill the Israelites for worshipping idols...it was Moses who spoke reason to him....
Another is Hezekiah pleading for extension of life and after careful deliberation, was given 15 more years. What kind of all powerful God is this?
He cant know all...otherwise how can his mind be changed?
All this and people swallow it whole

You're not following with meditation Sir!

God's dealings with humans did not exceed the garden of Eden!

After what happened in the garden of Eden, God turned his back on the human race!

It was Michael (his first spirit son) that was acting in his stead until this same Michael was transformed into an embryo to complete the reconciliation work he began after the fall of man in the garden of Eden!

Michael came as Jesus and after his resurrection, he went back to heaven to present the ransom before God's throne and all the loyal Angele present, that he has paid the full price for reconciliation between God and humans.
That's the time God turned his attention bact to the human race again, but this time only to those whom God himself selected amongst the followers of Jesus. This ones God baptized them by means of his holy spirit and they were adopted again as sons of God just as he viewed Adam in the beginning!

If you're not one of them and you're not having any business with them, forget my guy God have NO BUSINESS WITH YOU. That's why Jesus said most religionists will be condemned because "they failed to RECOGNISE his spirit anointed brothers" Matthew 25:31-46

So after the fall of man in the garden of Eden, the mighty spirit son of God that's been serving as God was Michael (Jesus), that's why one of the spirit anointed sons of God (born again Christian) named Apostle John could write "In the beginning WAS the word, and the word WAS with God and the word WAS God"

Most religionists never studied that scripture prayerfully with thorough meditation!

What John is saying in a lay man's language is that "the (God) all those people knew from Abel's time till Jesus came as human WAS the same Jesus, but there is another greater person that Jesus was serving, this is the one that Jesus was working for from the beginning till now" compared to John 1:18

That person is JEHOVAH! 1Corinthians 15:27-28

So the God that dealt with Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob till the time of John (the baptist) was a representative of God NOT the Almighty himself!
That's why the story that says God was advised or begged not to destroy some people were written. Mind you it wasn't the Almighty himself but his mighty spirit son acting in his stead. For your information Moses also served as God at some point in time and he (while serving as God) still made mistakes! Exodus 7:1

To confirm this to the Israelites, Jesus while teaching his listeners about his God and father, said so many things that contradicts the attitude of the God they knew or heard of in the Old Testament!
He made it clear that his God and father is not to be viewed from the perspective of the Mosaic laws!

Thanks!
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by kimco(m): 7:53pm On Nov 05, 2019
Maximus69:

You're not following with meditation Sir!

God's dealings with humans did not exceed the garden of Eden!

After what happened in the garden of Eden, God turned his back on the human race!

It was Michael (his first spirit son) that was acting in his stead until this same Michael was transformed into an embryo to complete the reconciliation work he began after the fall of man in the garden of Eden!

Michael came as Jesus and after his resurrection, he went back to heaven to present the ransom before God's throne and all the loyal Angele present, that he has paid the full price for reconciliation between God and humans.
That's the time God turned his attention bact to the human race again, but this time only to those whom God himself selected amongst the followers of Jesus. This ones God baptized them by means of his holy spirit and they were adopted again as sons of God just as he viewed Adam in the beginning!

If you're not one of them and you're not having any business with them, forget my guy God have NO BUSINESS WITH YOU. That's why Jesus said most religionists will be condemned because "they failed to RECOGNISE his spirit anointed brothers" Matthew 25:31-46

So after the fall of man in the garden of Eden, the mighty spirit son of God that's been serving as God was Michael (Jesus), that's why one of the spirit anointed sons of God (born again Christian) named Apostle John could write "In the beginning WAS the word, and the word WAS with God and the word WAS God"

Most religionists never studied that scripture prayerfully with thorough meditation!

What John is saying in a lay man's language is that "the (God) all those people knew from Abel's time till Jesus came as human WAS the same Jesus, but there is another greater person that Jesus was serving, this is the one that Jesus was working for from the beginning till now" compared to John 1:18

That person is JEHOVAH! 1Corinthians 15:27-28

So the God that dealt with Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob till the time of John (the baptist) was a representative of God NOT the Almighty himself!
That's why the story that says God was advised or begged not to destroy some people were written. Mind you it wasn't the Almighty himself but his mighty spirit son acting in his stead. For your information Moses also served as God at some point in time and he (while serving as God) still made mistakes! Exodus 7:1

To confirm this to the Israelites, Jesus while teaching his listeners about his God and father, said so many things that contradicts the attitude of the God they knew or heard of in the Old Testament!
He made it clear that his God and father is not to be viewed from the perspective of the Mosaic laws!

Thanks!

Yahweh was the one dealing with Moses...not Jesus. I am that I am...so i dont know wat u r talking about. But nonetheless i will research.

I bet u, 95% of ur brethren will not agree with ur epistle.
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by achorladey: 8:57pm On Nov 05, 2019
Acrobatics01:

Thank you for pointing that out.
As a rule, there's no list of things we celebrate it not because there could be cultural differences.
However what guides us as what we celebrate include but not limited to the following :
1. History
2. Conscience
3. Region
4. Relevance

Acrobatics:

However what guides us as what we celebrate include but not limited to the following :
1. History
2. Conscience
3. Region
4. Relevance

Achorladey: What are the NOT LIMITED aspect? You care to EXPLAIN?

Then regarding the four points mentioned above, how does the following scriptures come to play?

Colossians 2:17 Therefore do not let anyone judge you with respect to food or drink, or in the matter of a feast, new moon, or Sabbath days— 17 these are only the shadow of the things to come, but the reality is Christ!

Colossians 3:17 And whatever you do in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Romans 14:1 Now receive the one who is weak in the faith, and do not have disputes over differing opinions. 2 One person believes in eating everything, but the weak person eats only vegetables. 3 The one who eats everything must not despise the one who does not, and the one who abstains must not judge the one who eats everything, for God has accepted him. 4 Who are you to pass judgment on another’s servant? Before his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Jackie Chan In Saudi Arabia To Perform Hajj (photo) / Share Your Best Hymns / “Pastor Says Any Sex Position Apart From Missionary Style Is A Sin” – Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 172
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.