Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,891 members, 7,817,622 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times (14992 Views)

Open Letter To Peter Obi As Published By Vanguard / Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) / Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by Kapilta(m): 1:40pm On Oct 06, 2019
selemempe:
chai omoluabi tiri gbosa for you.

Let's wait as you said na [s]till 2088 when omoluabi will gather balls and demand for oduduwa[/s]. We believe you die
since we won't be agitating for it untill 2088, why then not bring your onitsha and boys to come and start agitating on our behalf since your biafro sucess depends on it or you are sure you'll wait till 2088? Won't this frustration suffocate and strangle you before then? Poor Igbo man

3 Likes

Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by selemempe: 1:43pm On Oct 06, 2019
Kapilta:
poor Igbo man go carry your gala and lacasera and hawk around for Yorubas coming back from church, they'd be hungry by now. I know you are prolly thinking oduduwa will end your life as you'd have no other option than to return back to your cursed red soil region. Don't worry, we'll make our entry easy for you and your kindreds, if we don't, who'd be selling us gala and lacasera in traffic, hun?

Buh we'll be merciless with your Igbo criminal, asia prison will be a joke compare to what we'll do you and your brethren if you think evans way will help you in our new nation.
yes o...I'm a poor Igbo man from Henugu...b
So try and stop crying to me...I'm not the one giving oduduwa Republic

1 Like

Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by selemempe: 1:48pm On Oct 06, 2019
Kapilta:
poor Igbo man go carry your gala and lacasera and hawk around for Yorubas coming back from church, they'd be hungry by now. I know you are prolly thinking oduduwa will end your life as you'd have no other option than to return back to your cursed red soil region. Don't worry, we'll make our entry easy for you and your kindreds, if we don't, who'd be selling us gala and lacasera in traffic, hun?

Buh we'll be merciless with your Igbo criminal, asia prison will be a joke compare to what we'll do you and your brethren if you think evans way will help you in our new nation.
whenever I argue on nairaland with a yoro guy, I always imagine if he looks like any of these lovely creatures

Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by gwafaeziokwu: 1:57pm On Oct 06, 2019
Kapilta:
boda ode, it was same legendhero that stopped people talking about politics on this very same thread and rather focus on why he created the thread. He created the thread as an awareness for his brethren to see why we need to push and chase all invaders and intruders like you and oluchi out of our fatherland, so you can return back to your overdeveloped red soil dubai. So now shhhh.

grin
Lol. I didn't quote you earlier but now that you've gotten my attention. When will you come over and pack you brothers and sisters selling Jedi jedi in motor parks all over the 'undeveloped red soil' to your developed world class region? These include the ones that have spent over 60 years doing tailoring work in the same shop that has refused to go home even during Christmas or salah. Or those poor women carrying loads of Ori ,all manner of mixed concoction black,Red, green soaps in hot afternoon sun, three weeks old baby with bald head strapped to their backs. In fact the ones you need to hurry up fast to relocate are those that sell all manner of charms and native doctors ritual items in our various markets in the south East. They are really transporting the evil witchcraft culture of the Yorubas into our egalitarian culture. grin

There are many more but you won't hear an Igbo man talk about their presence because we do not suffer inferiority complex like you lots. We love them all. We joke, laugh,patronise, help and uphold their interest. If a motor parks tout grab your jedi jedi selling sister inappropriately in a park at upper iweka. Another Igbo man will likely slap him from behind and warn him to let go. Baba Bode can sew native caftan within two hours. He gets more jobs than other Igbo tailors on the same Street. We love competence.
Now run off.

1 Like

Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by Kapilta(m): 1:58pm On Oct 06, 2019
selemempe:
whenever I argue on nairaland with a yoro guy, I always imagine if he looks like any of these lovely creatures
this one sha stupid anyhow. You think we don't pride in who we are? You think you matter at all? It's a tribal mark and we carry it everywhere with pride.

What do you pride in? Nothing except frustration, you have no root, you have no origin, no history, till date you still don't know how you find yourself on earth, you don't know anything about your fore-fathers, you all are lost without no culture. Keep swimming in the pool of foolery omo nna.

5 Likes

Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by selemempe: 2:02pm On Oct 06, 2019
Kapilta:
this one sha stupid anyhow. You think we don't pride in who we are? You think you matter at all? It's a tribal mark and we carry it everywhere with pride.

What do you pride in? Nothing except frustration, you have no root, you have no origin, no history, till date you still don't know how you find ourselve on earth, you don't know anything about your fore-fathers, you all are lost without no culture. Keep swimming in the pool of foolery omo nna.
yes o .. you guys came to earth through oduduwa who fell from sky grin and scratched his face

That's why you cut up your face in solidarity. A great and progressive culture indeed cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by Kapilta(m): 2:03pm On Oct 06, 2019
gwafaeziokwu:

grin
Lol. I didn't quote you earlier but now that you've gotten my attention. When will you come over and pack you brothers and sisters selling Jedi jedi in motor parks all over the 'undeveloped red soil' to your developed world class region? These include the ones that have spent over 60 years doing tailoring work in the same shop that has refused to go home even during Christmas or salah. Or those poor women carrying loads of Ori ,all manner of mixed concoction black,Red, green soaps in hot afternoon sun, three weeks old baby with bald head strapped to their backs. In fact the ones you need to hurry up fast to relocate are those that sell all manner of charms and native doctors ritual items in our various markets in the south East. They are really transporting the evil witchcraft culture of the Yorubas into our egalitarian culture. grin

There are many more but you won't hear an Igbo man talk about their presence because we do not suffer inferiority complex like you lots. We love them all. We joke, laugh,patronise, help and uphold their interest. If a motor parks tout grab your jedi jedi selling sister inappropriately in a park at upper iweka. Another Igbo man will likely slap him from behind and warn him to let go. Baba Bode can sew native caftan within two hours. He gets more jobs than other Igbo tailors on the same Street. We love competence.
Now run off.
no matter how many the yorubas are in your red soil, it can never be compared to your brethren scatter all over our lands searching for a better life. We all know, Yorubaland is the abroad for your brethren. Even baba dauda (yoruba muslim agbero) is knacking your sister Oluchi right now with just #500. When will you call all your invader brothers back home with their lawlessness and cime life?

4 Likes

Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by selemempe: 2:05pm On Oct 06, 2019
gwafaeziokwu:

grin

Now run off.
you mean this Alpha city? It even has a skyscraper...the cocoa house ..the tallest building in the world

Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by Kapilta(m): 2:05pm On Oct 06, 2019
selemempe:
yes o .. you guys came to earth through oduduwa who fell from sky grin and scratched his face

That's why you cut up your face in solidarity. A great and progressive culture indeed cheesy
when you eventually trace your origin successfully, come then and we'll continue this discussion. I don't do omo iran ki iran( People of no or useless origin).

3 Likes

Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by selemempe: 2:08pm On Oct 06, 2019
Kapilta:
no matter how many the yorubas are in your red soil, it can never be compared to your brethren scatter all over our lands searching for a better life. We all know, Yorubaland is the abroad for your brethren. Even baba dauda (yoruba muslim agbero) is knacking your sister Oluchi right now with just #500. When will you call all your invader brothers back home with their lawlessness and cime life?
so you mean your mighty people leave Europe Yorubaland to come and do duwa duwa high-class cloth making in red soil. We are grateful for such humility massir
Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by selemempe: 2:09pm On Oct 06, 2019
Kapilta:
when you eventually trace your origin successfully, come then and we'll continue this discussion. I don't do omo iran ki iran( People of no or useless origin).
so you can't talk to poor Igbo guy without origin...I understand cheesy
Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by LegendHero(m): 2:12pm On Oct 06, 2019
DesChyko:
MODIFIED: Unfortunately, I couldn't find the exact page where this was found and as it is my practice, I will refrain from quoting this 'snapshot' as a viable source until OP provides a NY Times archives link to this information.

@OP.. Please, share the NY Times archives link. I've checked but couldn't find it.

I was asleep before. You have to subscribe to the New York Times to be able to view the article coz it’s in their archives and the subscription is $8 per month. Go on new New York Times website, subscribe, and search for that topic.

https://www.nytimes.com/1959/10/18/archives/election-battle-warms-in-nigeria-three-parties-seek-control-of.html?searchResultPosition=2

2 Likes

Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by gwafaeziokwu: 2:12pm On Oct 06, 2019
Kapilta:

Here he goes again. I just told you that your sisters are all over motor parks in the East selling Jedi jedi to motor park tout, drivers and conductors. What do you think is going on there grin

The touts have disfigured all your sisters. Have you heard of two #100 before. The worst is most of them don't have a roof over their head so they need to 'settle' park touts in other to sleep in the garages. The tragedy is that this phenomenon is spread all over the federation. Kapilta please come and rescue them cool

1 Like

Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by LegendHero(m): 2:17pm On Oct 06, 2019
DesChyko:

Lol. You're mistaking you for me. I go extra miles not to be deceived. Can you say the same for yourself? Running riot here already?

Meanwhile, you may wanna be sure of your premiss.
I've asked the OP to give me a link but so far no response.

I've scanned New York archives in the said date but couldn't see this news.

See for yourself.

Would appreciate it if you take your time out to work on this seemingly deceptive post and unravel the facts cool

Bro I’m not in Nigeria time zone and I was asleep.

You have to subscribe to New York Times to be able to view the news coz it’s in their archives.

https://www.nytimes.com/1959/10/18/archives/election-battle-warms-in-nigeria-three-parties-seek-control-of.html?searchResultPosition=2

1 Like

Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by Iamgrey5(m): 2:20pm On Oct 06, 2019
gwafaeziokwu:

Here he goes again. I just told you that your sisters are all over motor parks in the East selling Jedi jedi to motor park tout, drivers and conductors. What do you think is going on there grin

The touts have disfigured all your sisters. Have you heard of two #100 before. The worst is most of them don't have a roof over their head so they need to 'settle' park touts in other to sleep in the garages. The tragedy is that this phenomenon is spread all over the federation. Kapilta please come and rescue them cool
Bro, you can only deceive those that haven't been to your region and I can tell you your stories are a pigment of your over active imagination.

in all my time in Aba serving the country in 2015, I only met three Yorubas living in Aba.

The place was filthy and inhabitable. I am not usually this tribal, but I just needed to call your bluffs.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by gwafaeziokwu: 2:24pm On Oct 06, 2019
selemempe:
you mean this Alpha city? It even has a skyscraper...the cocoa house ..the tallest building in the world

My dear wetin you wan may I talk. Their region is developed ours is not yet they won't stay back and enjoy what ever they have there. Go to Aba shoe, and cloth site and see their young men learning work or already established making their money without harassment. I don't want to talk about their artisans and of course the criminals among them. But the Igbo man no send. Live and let live is our mantra.

1 Like

Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by gwafaeziokwu: 2:26pm On Oct 06, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Bro, you can deceive those that have been to your region and I can tell you your stories are a pigment of your over active imagination.

in all my time in Aba serving the country in 2015, I only met three Yorubas living in Aba.

The place was filthy and inhabitable. I am not usually this tribal, but I just needed to call your bluffs.

Yeah. I also served in Kaduna and I met only five Igbos living in the entire Kd city cool
Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by Iamgrey5(m): 2:31pm On Oct 06, 2019
gwafaeziokwu:

Yeah. I also served in Kaduna and I met only five Igbos living in the entire Kd city cool
Let me burst your bubble

I served at Osisioma Ngwa LGA

God's care model school umojima opposite MCC road

I dey enter Araria steady!

5 Likes

Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by Iamgrey5(m): 2:33pm On Oct 06, 2019
gwafaeziokwu:

My dear wetin you wan may I talk. Their region is developed ours is not yet they won't stay back and enjoy what ever they have there. Go to Aba shoe, and cloth site and see their young men learning work or already established making their money without harassment. I don't want to talk about their artisans and of course the criminals among them. But the Igbo man no send. Live and let live is our mantra.
Which part of Aba?

Please the one I know of or another one

1 Like

Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by LegendHero(m): 2:33pm On Oct 06, 2019
selemempe:

You these guys have a single digit IQ and I’ve always opined that. Below picture is Ibadan and stop detailing the thread with all these unnecessary tactics like a baby.

4 Likes

Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by LegendHero(m): 2:34pm On Oct 06, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Bro, you can deceive those that have been to your region and I can tell you your stories are a pigment of your over active imagination.

And how is Aba doing? You guys just come online and brag about nothing while in actual reality you’re living in a slum. He’s even mentioning Aba of all places.

1 Like

Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by JonDon12: 2:36pm On Oct 06, 2019
Why Afonja no fit leave ibo man alone. Damn just leave us alone. U know wetin dey worry una be inferiority complex
Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by LegendHero(m): 2:38pm On Oct 06, 2019
gwafaeziokwu:

Lol, you really wish Yoruba women are that shameless to even imagine to live in that red mud land you call home? Like the earlier guy opined, we have your sisters scattered around the west where the Abokiis and agberos dey knack them with #500.

It’s a fact that every Igbo girl in the SW have been knacked by one or two Yoruba demons and to give credence to that we all know about Fani Power and how he bleeped Bianca Ojukwu who seems to be your lord jewel.

So what were you saying before?

3 Likes

Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by Osaze007: 2:39pm On Oct 06, 2019
Westbestside:
Keep deceiving yourself

I laugh in Nnamdi Kanu
Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by LegendHero(m): 2:40pm On Oct 06, 2019
Kapilta:

What do you pride in? Nothing except frustration, you have no root, you have no origin, no history, till date you still don't know how you find ourselve on earth, you don't know anything about your fore-fathers, you all are lost without no culture. Keep swimming in the pool of foolery omo nna.

Bro you even have time to be conversing with that guy, it seems he’s just a troll that deserves no attention.

1 Like

Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 06, 2019
selemempe:
so your point really is that you will never be ready for your oduduwa Republic? Because personal sacrifice from your leaders is never gonna happen. You are not built that way

And your people are? Joker.
Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by LegendHero(m): 2:41pm On Oct 06, 2019
JonDon12:
Why Afonja no fit leave ibo man alone. Damn just leave us alone. U know wetin dey worry una be inferiority complex

You mean superiority complex?

3 Likes

Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by selemempe: 2:58pm On Oct 06, 2019
LegendHero:

You these guys have a single digit IQ and I’ve always opined that. Below picture is Ibadan and stop detailing the thread with all these unnecessary tactics like a baby.
wow heebandans is beautiful. What happened to the Brownsville Blvd? Did it magically disappear

Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by LegendHero(m): 3:00pm On Oct 06, 2019
selemempe:
wow heebandans is beautiful. What happened to the Brownsville Blvd? Did it magically disappear

Mr. Selempe, why can’t you bother about the brown roof in Enugu and stop disturbing the thread.

I once visited Nkalagu in Enugu, it’s an eyesore and the buildings there can’t even go for a 12th century houses. Mud houses everywhere with people living under severe harsh conditions, but suddenly all of you guys are billionaire online disturbing reasonable people all around.

Don’t derail this thread!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by selemempe: 3:06pm On Oct 06, 2019
LegendHero:

Mr. Selempe, why can’t you bother about the brown roof in Enugu and stop disturbing the thread.

I once visited Nkalagu in Enugu, it’s an eyesore and the buildings there can’t even go for a 12th century houses. Mud houses everywhere with people living under severe harsh conditions, but suddenly all of you guys are billionaire online disturbing reasonable people all around.

Don’t derail this thread!
no part of Enugu looks like this . This must be a neighborhood in ekiti state.

I have also been to nkalagu and I know for a fact that it is better than your floating Lagos slum

Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by selemempe: 3:11pm On Oct 06, 2019
candidtalk:

And your people are? Joker.
much more than you. Peace airline proves it when he sent help to stranded south African returnees...while your adenugas is busy sacking married women out of wickedness

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/2018/03/massive-protests-rocks-glo-over-sack-of-married-women
Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by Lot13(m): 3:13pm On Oct 06, 2019
mrvitalis:

If we hated Yoruba's so much why did we vote OBJ ...it seems u don't even see my point

So what do you expect from Igbo's in 2023

U want Igbo's to vote south west in 2023 ? And why
You are not current with the political affairs of Nigeria but I can assure you that Yorubas will contest for that seat in 2023 and a large size of Igbos will vote our choice cos many Igbos have seen through the lies of your likes manipulating them against other tribes for your personal interest.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

APC Governors Rally Round Buni-Led Caretaker Team As 2023 Hots Up / Boko Haram Behind Abuja-Kaduna Highway Attacks — Daily Nigerian / Betta Edu: Perm Sec Takes Over Ministry Of Humanitarian And Poverty Alleviation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.