Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times (15009 Views)

Open Letter To Peter Obi As Published By Vanguard / Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) / Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by kotv: 7:23am On Oct 06, 2019
LegendHero:

Well like a wise man once said, you can’t convince a mind already made up. Your argument holds no water coz I keep telling you not to see it from that light that Yorubas are taking up your industries or frustrating the oil companies.

Ask yourself, why is the oil companies situated in the West? There should be a reason for that or don’t you think so? Why can’t they site them in Enugu or Kano?
Why do we have economic power of major companies in Nigeria concentrated in Lagos? Why is the SW the investment destination for foreign investors? Why is Ogun the most industrialized state in Nigeria? Why do other ethnic nationalities prefer being in the SW than any other region? Why is the Southwest peaceful and welcoming?

Jonathan was President for almost more than 5years and he did not deem it fit to relocate the oil companies based on your argument, why then do you have to blame the Yorubas for that. This is the first time I will be hearing someone of accusing the Yorubas of cornering the wealth of Nigeria.

Well they say we learn everyday.

Oil headquarters is situated in Lagos for the exact same reason you people made sure everything is situated in Lagos. You're greedy people and have always been greedy people. How would Jonathan move the oil headquarters when even the smallest thing he does your leaders attacked, belittled and turned the country against him because of your wickedness and hatefulness. You call yourselves peaceful and welcoming? Weren't you people the same people that attacked Igbos for attempting to vote in 2019. Your peaceful and welcoming is more a figment of you and your people's imagination.

If you think I'm the only one accusing Yoruba of cornering the wealth of the nation, take your Oduduwa talk outside of Nairaland and into the real world, encourage your politicians to seek your disintegration and you'll see how fast Nigerians will vote you people out if you're in doubt.

3 Likes

Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by LegendHero(m): 7:24am On Oct 06, 2019
kotv:

Oil headquarters is situated in Lagos for the exact same reason you people made sure everything is situated in Lagos. You're greedy people and have always been greedy people. How would Jonathan move the oil headquarters when even the smallest thing he does your leaders attacked, belittled and turned the country against him because of your wickedness and hatefulness. You call yourselves peaceful and welcoming? Weren't you people the same people that attacked Igbos for attempting to vote in 2019. Your peaceful and welcoming is more a figment of you and your people's imagination.

If you think I'm the only one accusing Yoruba of cornering the wealth of the nation, take your Oduduwa talk outside of Nairaland and into the real world, encourage your politicians to seek your disintegration and you'll see how fast Nigerians will vote you people out if you're in doubt.

Alright I think everyone is entitled to their opinion and you just gave yours.

We keep going around in circles and if we keep prolonging this matter, both of us won’t shift our stance so it’s better to just let the sleeping dog lie.

Gracias!

5 Likes

Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by Westbestside: 7:24am On Oct 06, 2019
mrvitalis:

U mean ur current masters ?
Oga, you really need your master. A slave to the world.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by Commentor: 7:26am On Oct 06, 2019
mrvitalis:

If we hated Yoruba's so much why did we vote OBJ ...it seems u don't even see my point

So what do you expect from Igbo's in 2023

U want Igbo's to vote south west in 2023 ? And why

Who would you have voted instead?

Falae?

From where ?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by Westbestside: 7:27am On Oct 06, 2019
mrvitalis:

U call paying back betrayal ? ....tell me in one instant Igbo have been the first to betray the west ...name one instant

Zik was in response to awolowo play in Western Nigeria

Awolowo rejection was in response to the war

Abiola said he can do without Igbo's ...so tell me
See the way he's changing narrative hehehe

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by mrvitalis(m): 7:27am On Oct 06, 2019
Westbestside:
Oga, you really need your master. A slave to the world.
Aww yea we do just accept they are your current masters too ...na we be first wife ...u be second wife n Hot moon is over ....divorce next
Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by mrvitalis(m): 7:28am On Oct 06, 2019
Westbestside:
See the way he's changing narrative hehehe
What did I say thats not fact

State how they happened with the year
Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by DesChyko: 7:28am On Oct 06, 2019
Westbestside:
Rather put it in normal way, you will go back to your eternal slave masters I mean the fulanis. Even New York time knows your race as betraying race.

The Igbos do not observe what other tribes know as 'master' and this is well documented in history. Other tribes evidently have their 'masters' or 'leaders' if you choose to call them that.
So this pathetic jib won't sell.

1 Like

Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by mrvitalis(m): 7:29am On Oct 06, 2019
Commentor:

Who would you have voted instead?

Falae?

From where ?
U think u are the only one that know how to do what u did in 2015 ?

3 Likes

Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by Commentor: 7:31am On Oct 06, 2019
mrvitalis:

U think u are the only one that know how to do what u did in 2015 ?

Was an igbo man on the ballot in 2015?

If yes, did you vote him?

3 Likes

Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by mrvitalis(m): 7:33am On Oct 06, 2019
Commentor:

Was there a Yoruba man on the ballot ...yes why didnt u vote him

Why didn't u vote sowore in 2019

Why didn't u vote Yoruba in 2011
Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by Westbestside: 7:34am On Oct 06, 2019
mrvitalis:

If we hated Yoruba's so much why did we vote OBJ ...it seems u don't even see my point

So what do you expect from Igbo's in 2023

U want Igbo's to vote south west in 2023 ? And why
Oga sharap, which Obj did you vote. If Obj was a Yoruba preferred candidate, would you have voted him? Beside, it was contested between him and another Yoruba, so you guys had no option than to chose one. And you went for your masters ordained candidate. So which Yoruba did you vote for?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by mrvitalis(m): 7:35am On Oct 06, 2019
Westbestside:
Oga sharap, which Obj did you vote. If Obj was a Yoruba preferred candidate, would you have voted him? Beside, it was contested between him and another Yoruba, so you guys had no option than to chose one. And you went for your masters ordained candidate. So which Yoruba did you vote for?
The pick joe igbokwe as president as pay back
Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by meccuno: 7:36am On Oct 06, 2019
I can clearly see the stance of this Legend Hero guy. I even assumed he was a bit sensible. From his write up the Igbos are the problems and the Yorubas can stay alone. But from that logic,the Yorubas and the North have been the ones rulling since after the civil war so how does the Igbos factor in? Are you saying a combined leadership of the North and Yorubas have brought nothing but mediocrity? Yorubas can stay alone but since after Independence you don't hear them talk about their oduduwa. This Legend Hero is just trying to create a false narrative. And it won't work. It all the problems were from the Igbos,the sensible thing is for them to support division and let's see how far.

3 Likes

Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by Commentor: 7:38am On Oct 06, 2019
mrvitalis:

Was there a Yoruba man on the ballot ...yes why didnt u vote him

Why didn't u vote sowore in 2019

Why didn't u vote Yoruba in 2011

Yorubas had good reason to vote APC.

It was a grand alliance of AD with the old ANPP.

In fact, after the 2011 election which PDP won, they mocked Tinubu, the AD stalwart and claimed he was a sellout on the eve of that election.

This further strengthened the resolve of AD and indeed the good Yoruba people to unite for 2015.

In addition, a relation to the Great Awo, in the form of professor Osinbajo was on the ballot as VP.

The rest as they say, is history.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by Westbestside: 7:40am On Oct 06, 2019
mrvitalis:

The pick joe igbokwe as president as pay back
Tell your master up north to pick him.
Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by mrvitalis(m): 7:42am On Oct 06, 2019
Westbestside:
Tell your master up north to pick him.
You are their new slaves so tell them

1 Like

Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by Nobody: 7:42am On Oct 06, 2019
mrvitalis:

Lol ...first Nigerian university
...that's one
oooh, Uni ibadan was the first Nigerian University, how is that zik's achievement for his people, I just want to learn, nothing else.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by Westbestside: 7:42am On Oct 06, 2019
DesChyko:

The Igbos do not observe what other tribes know as 'master' and this is well documented in history. Other tribes evidently have their 'masters' or 'leaders' if you choose to call them that.
So this pathetic jib won't sell.
Keep deceiving yourself

5 Likes

Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by mrvitalis(m): 7:45am On Oct 06, 2019
FCBboy:
oooh, Uni ibadan was the first Nigerian University, how is that zik's achievement for his people, I just want to learn, nothing else.
Lol U.I was not built by Nigerians it was an extension of a foreign university ....come on have some brains
Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by Nobody: 7:53am On Oct 06, 2019
mrvitalis:

Lol U.I was not built by Nigerians it was an extension of a foreign university ....come on have some brains
does that change the fact that it's the first Nigerian University? oponun, well am done with you.

6 Likes

Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by mrvitalis(m): 7:54am On Oct 06, 2019
FCBboy:
does that change the fact that it's the first Nigerian University? oponun, well am done with you.
Do u know first Nigerian university is different from first university in nigeria
Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 06, 2019
Anago0147:
. You guys are really good at this

Mouthing!!! Damn!

Can you walk up to any Igbo man in the street of Lagos and tell him you are superior to him?

What becomes of you will be read here just like the other one that wanted to stop the voting process in the just concluded 2019 election

Are you Igbos at all respectful of facts and on-the-ground reality when you come out with your empty chest-beating? When the Oba threatened Lagoon did your leaders not go to beg, prostrate and smile weakly? You Igbos should stop this nonsense. It is now embarrassing in this day of social networking where words and actions are preserved for posterity.

Kanu bragged he will die in the SE and never run. He claimed no man born of a woman can come to the SE to challenge him and leave alive. Yet what happened? Another coward, you, is making noise online because you don't appreciate how the Igbos have been thoroughly deconstructed in the last ten years to make all Nigerians aware they are nothing but empty braggart and cowards. 2023, you have already pledged your azz to Hausa/Fulani to defile without even a whimper yet you come online bragging idiotically.

Did even Ijaw man Asari Dokubu not call Igbos slaves of the Ijaw lately? Abeg leave this thread and let better convo flow. You lot are nothing but a joke these days no one has any respect for.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by DesChyko: 8:10am On Oct 06, 2019
Westbestside:
Keep deceiving yourself

Lol. You're mistaking you for me. I go extra miles not to be deceived. Can you say the same for yourself? Running riot here already?

Meanwhile, you may wanna be sure of your premiss.
I've asked the OP to give me a link but so far no response.

I've scanned New York archives in the said date but couldn't see this news.

See for yourself.

Would appreciate it if you take your time out to work on this seemingly deceptive post and unravel the facts cool

1 Like

Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by NkitaAla: 8:23am On Oct 06, 2019
[s]
Commentor:

[/s]
Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by Nobody: 8:32am On Oct 06, 2019
meccuno:
I can clearly see the stance of this Legend Hero guy. I even assumed he was a bit sensible. From his write up the Igbos are the problems and the Yorubas can stay alone. But from that logic,the Yorubas and the North have been the ones rulling since after the civil war so how does the Igbos factor in? Are you saying a combined leadership of the North and Yorubas have brought nothing but mediocrity? Yorubas can stay alone but since after Independence you don't hear them talk about their oduduwa. This Legend Hero is just trying to create a false narrative. And it won't work. It all the problems were from the Igbos,the sensible thing is for them to support division and let's see how far.

Of course he is right that the Yorubas can be on their own. No other region has better human, geographical or material resources to thrive and succeed autonomously than the Yorubas. While I respect Legend Hero's stance, I think self-help is what every region needs to develop in spite of FG incompetence. This is why I tell Igbos their noise of Biafra is fraudulent when the likes of Elumelu reside in Lagos and not see the need to develop their region of origin.

As one example, Nigeria has struggled to refine its crude oil optimally for many decades. This is one of the main reason we are poor as a nation, in comparison to other oil-rich nations, with more Nigerians than is healthy remaining in the abject poverty now creating a crime pandemic for us all today. If we can refine our crude optimally we will meet domestic need and even refine enough to sell and gain the income to address the major challenges facing Nigeria. Instead we send our crude abroad to be refined by others and then sold back to Nigeria that is then forced to sell to Nigerians at a loss , more or less, with fuel subsidy.

Yet that problem will now be solved when the Dangote private refinery in Lekki , the biggest refinery in Africa by far, is operational. We have many billionaires like Dangote in Yoruba land who can take a hands-on approach to solve our greatest challenges of healthcare, power supply, transport, quality education, security, access to business start-up finance etc, etc. We know SW is ahead but let us not kid ourselves. The black man, including Yorubas, remain selfish and myopic. It is just that the degree of such vary from one ethnic group to another hence the reason the Yorubas appear better off. Overall, more can and should come from private sector funding if the black man appreciates the ethos of self-help as others do worldwide.

Good governance helps but there simply is not enough money to create the world class transport, healthcare, security, recreational, educational and power sector we all desire if private sector money does not proactively partner public sector administration to move us forward. Granted that in Oodua Republic we will have the autonomy to move progressively free of the encumbrance of other regions of Nigeria and unimpeded by the central policies crafted by others who are more conservative and less visionary than the Yorubas. I can support that consideration and in this regard I agree with Legend Hero that Oodua Republic sounds interesting. Still, I need to see more from our business and political leaders to be convinced we will make and sustain the right level of progress if we separate from Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by Kapilta(m): 8:37am On Oct 06, 2019
Anago0147:
. Chaiii. This is laughable

Wait for tinubu militia group to catch you with this your oduduwa crap
and whence though cometh this mo.ro.n?

3 Likes

Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 06, 2019
Kapilta:
and whence though cometh this mo.ro.n?

Dude is a cretin of the highest order. Nothing intelligent to contribute other than the usual empty braggadocio of the Igbos now thoroughly discredited in the information age we live in today.

5 Likes

Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by Kapilta(m): 8:45am On Oct 06, 2019
candidtalk:

Dude is a cretin of the highest order. Nothing intelligent to contribute other than the usual empty braggadocio of the Igbos now thoroughly discredited in the information age we live in today.
stop being a retard, counter any of my post here on this thread with your usuwal propaganda and distorted history and i will help you with the fact. If you have nothing meaningful to say then, go f**k yourself.

2 Likes

Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by Kapilta(m): 8:47am On Oct 06, 2019
mrvitalis:

Awolowo built Lagos ? Trust me base on history awolowo is nothing close to zik
you mean base on history written by your flatheaded brother?

And lagos wasn't developed buh your zik refused to go back to his underdeveloped enclave in the yeast when he returned from abroad.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by Nobody: 8:51am On Oct 06, 2019
Kapilta:
stop being a retard, counter any of my post here on this thread with your usuwal propaganda and distorted history and i will help you with the fact. If you have nothing meaningful to say then, go f**k yourself.

I think you misunderstand what I wrote. Let me adjust it so you see you are not the person I was referring to. Merely agreeing with you that the poster you mentioned is a cretin.

Dude Anago0147 is a cretin of the highest order. Nothing intelligent to contribute other than the usual empty braggadocio of the Igbos now thoroughly discredited in the information age we live in today.

6 Likes

Re: The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times by Kapilta(m): 8:51am On Oct 06, 2019
candidtalk:

Of course he is right that the Yorubas can be on their own. No other region has better human, geographical or material resources to thrive and succeed autonomously than the Yorubas. While I respect Legend Hero's stance, I think self-help is what every region needs to develop in spite of FG incompetence. This is why I tell Igbos their noise of Biafra is fraudulent when the likes of Elumelu reside in Lagos and not see the need to develop their region of origin.

As one example, Nigeria has struggled to refine its crude oil optimally for many decades. This is one of the main reason we are poor as a nation, in comparison to other oil-rich nations, with more Nigerians than is healthy remaining in the abject poverty now creating a crime pandemic for us all today. If we can refine our crude optimally we will meet domestic need and even refine enough to sell and gain the income to address the major challenges facing Nigeria. Instead we send our crude abroad to be refined by others and then sold back to Nigeria that is then forced to sell to Nigerians at a loss , more or less, with fuel subsidy.

Yet that problem will now be solved when the Dangote private refinery in Lekki , the biggest refinery in Africa by far, is operational. We have many billionaires like Dangote in Yoruba land who can take a hands-on approach to solve our greatest challenges of healthcare, power supply, transport, quality education, security, access to business start-up finance etc, etc. We know SW is ahead but let us not kid ourselves. The black man, including Yorubas, remain selfish and myopic. It is just that the degree of such vary from one ethnic group to another hence the reason the Yorubas appear better off. Overall, more can and should come from private sector funding if the black man appreciates the ethos of self-help as others do worldwide.

Good governance helps but there simply is not enough money to create the world class transport, healthcare, security, recreational, educational and power sector we all desire if private sector money does not proactively partner public sector administration to move us forward. Granted that in Oodua Republic we will have the autonomy to move progressively free of the encumbrance of other regions of Nigeria and unimpeded by the central policies crafted by others who are more conservative and less visionary than the Yorubas. I can support that consideration and in this regard I agree with Legend Hero that Oodua Republic sounds interesting. Still, I need to see more from our business and political leaders to be convinced we will make and sustain the right level of progress if we separate from Nigeria.
you are just a one Nigeria apologist, the name has been imbeded in your brain. Read pre almagamation and see how beautiful the yorubas were doing.
Our lands is still the industrial, commercial and tourism hub of the so called one useless Nigeria today. Nothing will change, it will only become better. Stop acting like a pu**y and man up.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Why PDP's Plateau Governor Will Be Sacked At Supreme Court - Woye1 / Obanikoro To Court: We Airlifted N1.2b For Fayose's Election In 2014 / 58 Drug Addicts, Hoodlums Arrested During Kano Islamic Gathering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.