Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,123 members, 7,818,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? - Family (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? (48895 Views)

Why Is My Mother In Law Asking For My Genotype? / My Ex Fiancee Is Pregnant For Me / Help! My Fiancee Is Always Picking Fights For Me... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by searchlight: 12:49pm On Mar 04, 2023
Not to sound cold but way it's cheaper for you to find an AA woman than the amount of money you will blow. You will always find another woman bro
It might be difficult not to find jezebellic AA. If the woman is good you can go ahead and marry her and do CVS for all your kids. Just 300k or less. You might be unhappy the rest of your life if you leave a good woman for another you aren't too sure of because of a problem you can handle.
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by searchlight: 12:52pm On Mar 04, 2023
SocialJustice:
You are talking about IVF+PGD or feotus genotype testing. Let him know the actual cost and how it can easily run into millions of naira, that the pregnancy can still be lost after spending millions(up to N10m in repeat IVF+PGD and N1m in fetus testing) and the need to abort fetuses with SS genotype. Don't say it like it's all sweet and easy when there is money.

Why will I go through all that when I can get an AA girl and impregnate her whenever I want? Money I will use to secure my children's future, I'll now use it just to get them.
Feotus testing doesn't cost pass 300k and that's way too cheap to lose a good woman. You might marry your Ms AA and her shege will cost you happiness for life and many other things. Medical science has advanced.
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by searchlight: 1:00pm On Mar 04, 2023
Quelme:
You can ONLY continue with her if you are financially buoyant enough. There is a test done to know fetal genotype even before birth, right in the mother's womb called cervical vallus sampling, CVS for short .... Cost around 200-250k...
You don't have to be rich to afford 300k for CVS or amniocentesis. It is just a small many. That's too cheap to lose the love of your life.
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by searchlight: 1:02pm On Mar 04, 2023
AfroKnight:
Imagine a graduate asking this kind of question in 2019!

I’m disappointed.
I am disappointed that you didn't know that CVS and amniocentesis exist even as a graduate. The world has moved pass you.
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by searchlight: 1:10pm On Mar 04, 2023
Scholar212:
your sister and her husband spent over 5million for each conception, that's the part she didn't tell you.. So OP if you can afford that amount for prenatal genotype screening and implantation then go ahead if not better break up now.. Been in the medical sector, I have seen the pains family of SS go through in real life, it is not worth it.
Prenatal genotype test doesn't cost more than 300k. Where are you getting your information?
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Solocoin: 2:58pm On Mar 04, 2023
This is what the holy book is warning about sex before marriage. This is the mistake people makes when it comes to relationship. The first thing you do after approaching a woman for relationship is to Know her genotype and also make sure you know your genotype. There's no possiblity of your not having SS even as your first child. Genotype doesn't change except where you check it didn't check it well. That is where you heard people saying I was As and I pray God change it to AA that's not completely true and I'm not also disputing that God can't do it. But as it stands the best thing is for your to sit her down and let her know because she also supposed to asked you when she know the relationship was getting serious. Sickle cell is not something to joke with, just part ways.
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by AfroKnight: 5:32pm On Mar 04, 2023
searchlight:
I am disappointed that you didn't know that CVS and amniocentesis exist even as a graduate. The world has moved pass you.

Fix your grammar first.

I’m fairly certain you know little about those procedures.

In your hasty f00lishness you didn’t count the cost of the tests (done during every pregnancy) and the trauma of repeated abortions, if the mother wouldn’t like to raise a child with the disease.

You think it’s child’s play to abort a child after spending a tidy sum on tests? You don’t have sense.

Did you wait 4 years to type that rubbish or are you just in the mood to be unfortunate this weekend?

Olofo.
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Ficeo(m): 8:44am On Mar 05, 2023
searchlight:
Mr IT haven't you heard of chorionic villus sampling or amniocentesis even with your IT?
Ca
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Ficeo(m): 8:45am On Mar 05, 2023
searchlight:
Mr IT haven't you heard of chorionic villus sampling or amniocentesis even with your IT?
Carryour pain and bitter
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Ficeo(m): 8:49am On Mar 05, 2023
searchlight:
Go and marry AS as an AS carrier. It's none of my business. Stop been rude and insolent. This is a public forum.
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by akube34: 9:53pm On Nov 24, 2023
searchlight:
I am in that shoes right now but i have been doing my findings. CVS is cool only if you or your partner isn't too religious to terminate the baby in case he has sickle cell.

I am going to proceed to marry her and we will be in the know of that fact together. The world has moved on from some people
did you later proceed
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by ekitimanalways(m): 8:22am On Nov 25, 2023
BroAchival:
Greetings to this great house,

As I type this message, my heart is heavy.

Up till today, I have never known my genotype till I went to do medical fitness test for my job/employment process.

I've being dating by girlfriend for about two years and seven months now, and I've always seen her as a perfect match to me, not because she's perfect, but because she's very loyal, reserved and calm, respectful, teachable, willing to learn, beautiful and very supportive to say a few.

Kai, the thought of losing her is killing and unexplainable. cry She had been a BLESSING to me all these while.
We've really worked on ourselves and helped each other to overcome our weaknesses.

With the challenges of my new and better job, will I really have that time to woo women and start the process of working on a woman to blend and suit me?

And this is a girl I'm planning to settle down with by the middle of next year, after I must have gotten used to my new job.

I have always believed that my genotype would be AA, but I was wrong!

Somebody told me that there's nothing God can not do, that he has seen people giving testimonies about change of genotypes. I didn't doubt him, it's just that i'm not the "churchious" type who easily believe all those stories.

Now, my questions are:

1.) Is it possible to have just two children without an SS child?

2.) How do I relate this sad news to her (after she has turned down several serious marriage proposals because of me)?

3.) Please, what do I do?

Please, help me and send this to front page for greater views and advice.

Matured and very serious advice needed.

Thanks.

The decision for both of you to marry is left to you and your girlfriend, but I will encourage both of you to think very hard about the issues, options and implications if you both choose to do so when both of you are AS.
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by ekitimanalways(m): 8:23am On Nov 25, 2023
The decision for both of you to marry is left to you and your girlfriend, but I will encourage both of you to think very hard about the issues, options and implications if you both choose to do so when both of you are AS.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Marriage Of Zimbabwean Woman Who Had Unprotected Sex With A Bizman Crashes / How I Found My Father After 30yrs Through Nairaland / Six-Month-Old Baby Boy Dies In His Sleep After Mother Gave Him Tramadol (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.