Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,403 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:00 AM

My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? (48719 Views)

Why Is My Mother In Law Asking For My Genotype? / My Ex Fiancee Is Pregnant For Me / Help! My Fiancee Is Always Picking Fights For Me... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by evamena: 9:25am On Oct 09, 2019
My brother, u better let her go because when this SS baby comes, there be love anymore and it will drain your resources, energy and time which eventually affect you health.

Dont let anyone deceive , God has reveal it to you, if u like listen, if you like no listen. the final decision is with you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by ra4fo(m): 9:48am On Oct 09, 2019
i didnt even border to read anything bar d headlyn.
if u are AS n she's also AS, bros we dont have to tell u to call of the relationship. except ofcourse u dnt plan on making babies. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by oses4u(m): 9:58am On Oct 09, 2019
U can go on with the planned marriage but make sure you have some good money like say 3-4million naira for PGD/IVF procedure. I can be of great help to you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by ttmax09(m): 10:38am On Oct 09, 2019
Ereolamide:
Bro you don't have to get worried at all. Follow these instructions carefully:

1. Keep your genotype a secret, don't tell her. If she insists, get the test done, alter the S in your result to A with a black Biro( black ink must be used in cases such as these).

2. Proceed with your wedding plans, get married to her since you love her so much. Women are very gullible she won't suspect a thing she is in love with you already.

3. You don't have to bother about your kids genotype, the lucky ones will turn out fine while the not-so-lucky ones will bear the SS genotype, you can also alter their genotype with a Biro and profess positive affirmations into their lives.

Note: You have to be 'churchious' to get your desired result.

4. With this, everything will be alright, and if things turn out otherwise, be rest assured that you'll be fine since you and your wife won't be the ones to endure the pains and crisis that come with sickle cell anaemia, the children will bear their cross bravely from hospital beds to hospital beds

I believe my advice is matured enough, I even checked my spellings, grammar and punctuations for extra marks.

Thanks and God bless.
Am sure you ve heard about the phrase "many are mad but few are roaming" Gaskiya you are a perfect specimen of that phrase

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by timigreene(m): 10:42am On Oct 09, 2019
H

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Jahzmin007: 12:09pm On Oct 09, 2019
Just Break Up... Before it's too late
Don't go and come and cause problem for future!!!

My babe did her test days ago immediately she is AS she contacted me and ask mine, me that is AA...
But just told her everything is fine say no wahala....
Please Just let her know and Japa...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by maasoap(m): 12:50pm On Oct 09, 2019
Octopusssy:

It's better to cry now and smile later, than smile now and cry a river later.

It is all about patience.
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by chinli(m): 12:51pm On Oct 09, 2019
For real it's a miracle. None of us is ss
Ay04z:
lie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by isioma9(f): 1:36pm On Oct 09, 2019
Just be prayerfull there is nothing God can not do
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by sunsewa16: 8:11pm On Oct 09, 2019
U already know the answer but decided to ask mumu question.
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by MrSly(m): 9:31pm On Oct 09, 2019
BroAchival:
Greetings to this great house,

As I type this message, my heart is heavy.

Up till today, I have never known my genotype till I went to do medical fitness test for my job/employment process.

I've being dating by girlfriend for about two years and seven months now, and I've always seen her as a perfect match to me, not because she's perfect, but because she's very loyal, reserved and calm, respectful, teachable, willing to learn, beautiful and very supportive to say a few.

Kai, the thought of losing her is killing and unexplainable. cry She had been a BLESSING to me all these while.
We've really worked on ourselves and helped each other to overcome our weaknesses.

With the challenges of my new and better job, will I really have that time to woo women and start the process of working on a woman to blend and suit me?

And this is a girl I'm planning to settle down with by the middle of next year, after I must have gotten used to my new job.

I have always believed that my genotype would be AA, but I was wrong!

Somebody told me that there's nothing God can not do, that he has seen people giving testimonies about change of genotypes. I didn't doubt him, it's just that i'm not the "churchious" type who easily believe all those stories.

Now, my questions are:

1.) Is it possible to have just two children without an SS child?

2.) How do I relate this sad news to her (after she has turned down several serious marriage proposals because of me)?

3.) Please, what do I do?

Please, help me and send this to front page for greater views and advice.

Matured and very serious advice needed.

Thanks.
You have only two options:
1. Part ways with her.
But if you think that the love you share with her worths some heavy sacrifice then this second option is for you.
2. Call or whatsapp Bridge Clinic on 08104607791. I assure you that both of you will peacefully have
your biological AA children despite being AS.
The cost is estimated at #8,000,000 per child.
Do as I said and thank me later.
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Ebidogbon: 2:23am On Oct 10, 2019
Hey brother do not fear but trust in The Lord. With God all things are possible. I will advice you to go Ecg and see the Prophet of the Most High God. Just one touch from Major1. All your problems will be solve. This is in Pretoria Sa. Or you can visit the Synagogue of all Nations in Ikotun Lagos. Please do not let anybody discourage you. You will receive your healing.
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Celebrity93(f): 6:22am On Oct 10, 2019
BroAchival:

As I type this message, my heart is heavy.

Up till today, I have never known my genotype till I went to do medical fitness test for my job/employment process.

I've being dating by girlfriend for about two years and seven months now, and I've always seen her as a perfect match to me, not because she's perfect, but because she's very loyal, reserved and calm, respectful, teachable, willing to learn, beautiful and very supportive to say a few.

Kai, the thought of losing her is killing and unexplainable. cry She had been a BLESSING to me all these while.
We've really worked on ourselves and helped each other to overcome our weaknesses.

With the challenges of my new and better job, will I really have that time to woo women and start the process of working on a woman to blend and suit me?

And this is a girl I'm planning to settle down with by the middle of next year, after I must have gotten used to my new job.

Somebody told me that there's nothing God can not do, that he has seen people giving testimonies about change of genotypes. I didn't doubt him, it's just that i'm not the "churchious" type who easily believe all those stories.

Now, my questions are:

1.) Is it possible to have just two children without an SS child?

2.) How do I relate this sad news to her (after she has turned down several serious marriage proposals because of me)?

3.) Please, what do I do?

Please, help me and send this to front page for greater views and advice.

Thanks.
It's quite pathetic. But if you truly love her and plan to spend your lives together, you can marry her. You guys won't give birth, but stick to adoption. Anyways peace of mind matters most in marriage.
If you can't live with this on the long run, it's better you quit now.
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by litaninja(m): 11:04am On Oct 10, 2019
Since you're old enough to date, and get a job, but "always believed that your genotype would be AA", you might s well believe that your daddy G.O. would change your genotype for you.

Truth be told, you're one of the problems of Nigeria.

Nonsense & Ingredients
BroAchival:

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by litaninja(m): 11:05am On Oct 10, 2019
The OP is not someone that's smart enough to have 8M bro.....

MrSly:

You have only two options:
1. Part ways with her.
But if you think that the love you share with her worths some heavy sacrifice then this second option is for you.
2. Call or whatsapp Bridge Clinic on 08104607791. I assure you that both of you will peacefully have
your biological AA children despite being AS.
The cost is estimated at #8,000,000 per child.
Do as I said and thank me later.
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by litaninja(m): 11:12am On Oct 10, 2019
Like i said, he's not smart enough to know his genotype at this age, he's definitely not smart enough to afford the expensive medical procedures you're advocating.

TheGreatIYANU:

Bro theres already 11 pages on this thread, but I pray you see this.

You see, KNOWLEDGE is POWER and lack of it can sometimes sound like it, but usually, it's just empty NOISE!

A lot of people here are commenting on a subject they have absolutely no knowledge or authority on so let me tell you this -

You can get married to tour heartthrob! There are medical procedures that can alter the genomes of your unborn babies so talk to a qualified and knowledgeable medical personnel.

The procedure maybe quite financially tasking, but for love, I dare say it's worth it!

That your 'new and better' job. Better start SAVING!
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by xavuv: 2:51pm On Oct 10, 2019
chinli:
My mom and dad are both AS an they had 7 children who all turned to be AS or AA no SS
DNA test asap
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by LewsTherin: 3:53pm On Oct 10, 2019
BroAchival:

As I type this .....

Thanks.

Actually not as big a problem as you think. Are you willing to go through life without having kids? Is she willing? Then simply adopt one or three. You keep your lady love and you have safe kids at the same time.

My uncle had difficulties getting kids. After a number of years, guy couldn't waste anyone's time. They've adopted 3 kids so far and they are all doing wonderfully well.
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by axponline: 6:32pm On Oct 10, 2019
Trust in God and do not lean on your own human understanding. Every child from God regardless of genotype (AS,SS,AA) has a special purpose for which he/she was created. The purpose will not be obvious to us human beings because we see only the immediate and present suffering of the child if any. But God sees the bigger picture. That was my attitude when I married. We are both AS and have 1 AA, 1 AS and 1 SS. My first son is the SS. If I do not tell you he is SS, you will never know. He is 19 now. He has been to the hospital only 1 time in his entire life for SS issues. I know you said you are not necessarily religious. If you decide to go ahead and marry her, make sure you take care of the religious part first.
God has a way of taking care of his children if only we will put our trust in him.
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by chinli(m): 10:34pm On Oct 10, 2019
xavuv:

DNA test asap
None needed because we all look alike
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by med123(m): 1:40am On Oct 11, 2019
Greene Diagnostics Ltd Run. CVS.

Also there is the mother of them all;
PRE-IMPLANTATION GENETIC TESTING. This allows the Couple chose their Child's Genotype, Sex, etc. Although quite Expensive, CVS is the Cheapest.

Customer Care Line: 08025200314

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by med123(m): 1:44am On Oct 11, 2019

PRE-IMPLANTATION GENETIC TESTING. This allows the Couple chose their Child's Genotype, Sex, etc. Although quite Expensive, CVS is the Cheapest.

Location: Ugbowo-Lagos Rd, Benin City.[/color][color=#990000]

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by med123(m): 1:47am On Oct 11, 2019

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by med123(m): 1:51am On Oct 11, 2019
Greene Diagnostics Ltd Run. CVS/Amniocentesis

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by med123(m): 1:57am On Oct 11, 2019

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by med123(m): 1:59am On Oct 11, 2019
Greene Diagnostics Ltd Run CVS.

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by med123(m): 2:08am On Oct 11, 2019

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by med123(m): 2:11am On Oct 11, 2019

Location: Ugbowo-Lagos Rd, Benin City.[color=#990000][/color]

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by deleson: 1:08pm On May 31, 2020
Thanks for sharing your thought.

I'm interested in your personal journey through this.

Did you do the CVS test?

How did you cope with parental and family interest?

timigreene:
Good day, I was or will i say am also in your situation. My wife and I are both As too, we got married in 2015. Thanks to God we have a daughter following year. She was tested AS.

To shorten the long story, In advanced countries, there is no big deal, because there are facilities that can take care of the AS and AS of a thing.

If you are bouyant financially enough, you can go ahead with the wedding, there is a medical term called " Prenatal test" this test is to determine the Genotype of the fetus between 2-3months. This test is done in hospitals in lagos and i think it cost about 300k. The decision to keep or terminate the fetus will be determined by the outcome of the genotype.

So there is nothing to worry about because science and technology have made most tings easier.

you can also surf the web and research about PRENATAL TEST.

i HOPE THIS HELPS
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by searchlight: 12:34pm On Mar 04, 2023
Octopusssy:

It's better to cry now and smile later, than smile now and cry a river later.
Lol what makes you think that you will not cry for ever marryng another lady? There are ladies one can't afford to miss. I am 9n that shoes now and i will proceed to marry here so long as we both can afford CVS/ amniocentesis. I want not more than three kids. So we can afford the testes
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by searchlight: 12:41pm On Mar 04, 2023
Ashraf123:
You can actually go ahead with your plans. We have amniocentesis and chorionic villus sampling. These are ways of checking the genotype of a foetus and it is normally done at early stage of pregnancy. There's a diagnostic center in Benin and several others in Lagos that do the test. It costs between 200k to 300k. The world is actually moving. Thanks to science.
I am in that shoes right now but i have been doing my findings. CVS is cool only if you or your partner isn't too religious to terminate the baby in case he has sickle cell.

I am going to proceed to marry her and we will be in the know of that fact together. The world has moved on from some people
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by searchlight: 12:44pm On Mar 04, 2023
Ficeo:
Person dey ask this kind of question for this IT world? Nawa ooo! Since you eat with your anus, go ahead and marry. I am AA. I prayed and married AA to avoid stories for my children. I will advice and encourage them to do so.
Mr IT haven't you heard of chorionic villus sampling or amniocentesis even with your IT?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Why Do People Do This After The Death Of Their Parents? / Wife Burns Husband's Car Over Divorce, Women React (Photos, Video) / She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.