Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,329 members, 7,822,582 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? (48975 Views)

Why Is My Mother In Law Asking For My Genotype? / My Ex Fiancee Is Pregnant For Me / Help! My Fiancee Is Always Picking Fights For Me... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Sterope(f): 4:04pm On Oct 08, 2019
A mate that is teachable and willing to learn... is she a girl or a woman?

Put yourself in your future child's position, will you pray for a father that selfishly endanger your life because of love for your mother? Most importantly, have you spoken to a doctor? there may be one way or two to prevent a sickle cell child if you AND your wife have the finance, emotional strength and the conscience to go through it all?

1 Like

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by mrlycan: 4:05pm On Oct 08, 2019
All the comments I have here shows how far our knowledge is from our normal way of thinking. All these answers makes no sense at all.
My brother, listen to this. There is a way out for you but its expensive but you can afford it. Your fetus can be checked withing few weeks of pregnancy to determine the genotype. They do it here in Nigeria. Go online and check. Nigerians, we think one way. I wonder if the whites that brought this still think the same way we do. I am out of here.

18 Likes

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Oct 08, 2019
Eyyah, so sad. You just have to move on man. There's nothing you can do.

I actually have two doctor friends who risked it and married their AS girlfriends like that o. You know doctors are mad in the head like that and can like to play with fire. They have two kids each who are AS and AA.

2 Likes

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by SocialJustice: 4:05pm On Oct 08, 2019
Better end that relationship and move on.
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by agbitaj(m): 4:05pm On Oct 08, 2019
Do what you feel is right, for you to bring it up here u already know the consequences of As to As
BroAchival:
Greetings to this great house,

As I type this message, my heart is heavy.

Up till today, I have never known my genotype till I went to do medical fitness test for my job/employment process.

I've being dating by girlfriend for about two years and seven months now, and I've always seen her as a perfect match to me, not because she's perfect, but because she's very loyal, reserved and calm, respectful, teachable, willing to learn, beautiful and very supportive to say a few.

Kai, the thought of losing her is killing and unexplainable. cry She had been a BLESSING to me all these while.
We've really worked on ourselves and helped each other to overcome our weaknesses.

With the challenges of my new and better job, will I really have that time to woo women and start the process of working on a woman to blend and suit me?

And this is a girl I'm planning to settle down with by the middle of next year, after I must have gotten used to my new job.

I have always believed that my genotype would be AA, but I was wrong!

Somebody told me that there's nothing God can not do, that he has seen people giving testimonies about change of genotypes. I didn't doubt him, it's just that i'm not the "churchious" type who easily believe all those stories.

Now, my questions are:

1.) Is it possible to have just two children without an SS child?

2.) How do I relate this sad news to her (after she has turned down several serious marriage proposals because of me)?

3.) Please, what do I do?

Please, help me and send this to front page for greater views and advice.

Matured and very serious advice needed.

Thanks.
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by folufx: 4:05pm On Oct 08, 2019
Repeat your genotypes it the same RUN APART. grin grin It breaks heart to see your child in pains and suffering
BroAchival:

Up till today, I have never known my genotype till I went to do medical fitness test for my job/employment process.

I've being dating by girlfriend for about two years and seven months now, and I've always seen her as a perfect match to me, not because she's perfect, but because she's very loyal, reserved and calm, respectful, teachable, willing to learn, beautiful and very supportive to say a few.

Kai, the thought of losing her is killing and unexplainable. cry She had been a BLESSING to me all these while.
We've really worked on ourselves and helped each other to overcome our weaknesses.

With the challenges of my new and better job, will I really have that time to woo women and start the process of working on a woman to blend and suit me?

And this is a girl I'm planning to settle down with by the middle of next year, after I must have gotten used to my new job.

Somebody told me that there's nothing God can not do, that he has seen people giving testimonies about change of genotypes. I didn't doubt him, it's just that i'm not the "churchious" type who easily believe all those stories.

Now, my questions are:

2.) How do I relate this sad news to her (after she has turned down several serious marriage proposals because of me)?

Thanks.
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by EmmyBiggy(m): 4:06pm On Oct 08, 2019
Let her know the earlier you find out, the danger ahead is far more than the heartbreak of losing her.
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Jay4joy: 4:06pm On Oct 08, 2019
NO NO NO
You cannot marry her. Will you be able bear the pain for life knowing well you could have prevent the SS child.

The guilt will eat you up.

Let her know the truth and you be bless
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by nakaman: 4:06pm On Oct 08, 2019
etrange:
Sorry, bro.

I think your question should "how best do I part ways with my girlfriend whose blood group does not match with mine?"
if it was still like that you would have come up with a suggestion like ' how can I and my fiance be AS avoiding SS kids'.man is just unpredictable.
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Tlaw01(m): 4:06pm On Oct 08, 2019
If you really cant let her go....the best is to get married and adopt children....or go for artificial insemination with another mans ...........
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 08, 2019
Not to sound cold but way it's cheaper for you to find an AA woman than the amount of money you will blow. You will always find another woman bro

3 Likes

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Naijaarchive(m): 4:06pm On Oct 08, 2019
Hmmmm.....
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Nickymichy(m): 4:07pm On Oct 08, 2019
U already know d answer now..c let me tell u...it is not all relationship that leads to marriage..save ur future children.. Save Nigeria... Save ur family from trauma... Free dat lady..I bet u..u will find ur missing ribs..na person like God no dey ooo...

1 Like

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Dozieson(m): 4:08pm On Oct 08, 2019
My friend get out of the relationship
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by akdjr(m): 4:08pm On Oct 08, 2019
Quit! Quit!! Quit!!
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Awesome6s: 4:08pm On Oct 08, 2019
The two of you should go for the genotype test together, that way you won't have to be the one to break the "bad" news

5 Likes

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by flyca: 4:08pm On Oct 08, 2019
Bro, medical science has advanced so much that you can check the genotype of your kids even on the day of conception.

So that you can...
Know when to hold them
Know when to walk away
Know when to run.

I don't know if we have them in Nigeria, so you may need to be waded. Happily, you have a good job.
I aslo blame you for “thinking” what your genotype is while entering a marriage relationship.

But hold on bro...
It is not easy to get a woman that have sense these day. Lol

4 Likes

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by nakaman: 4:09pm On Oct 08, 2019
I come learn
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by TeetoEsq(m): 4:09pm On Oct 08, 2019
BroAchival:

Sure, I have no option, my brother.

But that girl is 101% a wife material.

Lucky the man who will appreciate and wife her.

Thanks anyway.

101% a wife material?
Let me take over from where you stopped. Send her contact to my mail.
I will thank you later
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by blackbone989(m): 4:09pm On Oct 08, 2019
U know what to do but what to hear it from us. Have ur heart bn broken b4 n how u broke someone's �? How did u cope with it? A friend I know did same stupid thing n the first was SS if u know how 1million is nothing in time of emergencies u will cry. A broken relationship is far far far far better than stupid Love,tears n pain

1 Like

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by mekuxiani(m): 4:09pm On Oct 08, 2019
BroAchival:

Now, my questions are:

Thanks.
Bros if u have the money you can marry her it's just you have to be doing IVF where they would select the healthy fetus

2 Likes

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by chapmanapr: 4:09pm On Oct 08, 2019
Ereolamide:
Bro you don't have to get worried at all. Follow these instructions carefully:

1. Keep your genotype a secret, don't tell her. If she insists, get the test done, alter the S in your result to A with a black Biro( black ink must be used in cases such as these).

2. Proceed with your wedding plans, get married to her since you love her so much. Women are very gullible she won't suspect a thing she is in love with you already.

3. You don't have to bother about your kids genotype, the lucky ones will turn out fine while the not-so-lucky ones will bear the SS genotype, you can also alter their genotype with a Biro and profess positive affirmations into their lives.

Note: You have to be 'churchious' to get your desired result.

4. With this, everything will be alright, and if things turn out otherwise, be rest assured that you'll be fine since you and your wife won't be the ones to endure the pains and crisis that come with sickle cell anaemia, the children will bear their cross bravely from hospital beds to hospital beds

I believe my advice is matured enough, I even checked my spellings, grammar and punctuations for extra marks.

Thanks and God bless.

Don't listen to this guy. He's evil!

1 Like

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Olaoinvestments(m): 4:09pm On Oct 08, 2019
Was once in your shoes Bro....it's painful to let go,but you DEFINITELY have to..No go area....RUN......

1 Like

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by ty4real123: 4:10pm On Oct 08, 2019
Guy, its so sad to hear this, but you have no choice than to let her go, coz this also happened to a friend of cried, he cried cried and cried but he has no option that to let her go. My dear brother don't take the risk in order for you not to regret it in the nearest future, your first/2nd child has d chance of being SS, its very risky.Don't try it, both of you might love each other, but you are not mearnt to be.
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Xstremebj: 4:10pm On Oct 08, 2019
[quote author=BroAchival post=82951566]
Alright.
I guess you've giving your best.
It's siesta time. Try and observe it.[/quotke]
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by GOFRONT(m): 4:11pm On Oct 08, 2019
Pls Quit it...I repeat, QUIT it!!!

We lost Khareema who was my student during my service year to the cold hands of death last month via Sickle cell Anaemia...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by jackie35(m): 4:11pm On Oct 08, 2019
BroAchival:

Now, my questions are:

Thanks.

If you truly love her as you claimed, just wish her good BRIGHT FUTURE and move on, God will provide you with another woman.
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Minjim: 4:11pm On Oct 08, 2019
What do mean by what do you do?

When relationships start getting serious, that's the first question ladies ask me.
But it's no issue with me cos I'm AA
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by jaxxy(m): 4:11pm On Oct 08, 2019
BroAchival:

Now, my questions are:

Thanks.

U can’t afti to Bring in SS kids it’s a terrible thing to do to ur child. I repeat never do such, the world is already a hard place don’t make it harder for an innocent child because of ur passion or love.

U just have to look for another gal and this time make sure she’s AA. Period. Don’t waste ur time with fairytales sm people will sell to u it won’t work or it won’t be realistic. U can always find am1else that’s what I believe bt u won’t kmow until u try. She babe has to understand also. 2years isn’t dat long yet to Make life time corrections.
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by boyency: 4:12pm On Oct 08, 2019
Separation is the key
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by SocialJustice: 4:12pm On Oct 08, 2019
mrlycan:
All the comments I have here shows how far our knowledge is from our normal way of thinking. All these answers makes no sense at all.
My brother, listen to this. There is a way out for you but its expensive but you can afford it. Your fetus can be checked withing few weeks of pregnancy to determine the genotype. They do it here in Nigeria. Go online and check. Nigerians, we think one way. I wonder if the whites that brought this still think the same way we do. I am out of here.
You are talking about IVF+PGD or feotus genotype testing. Let him know the actual cost and how it can easily run into millions of naira, that the pregnancy can still be lost after spending millions(up to N10m in repeat IVF+PGD and N1m in fetus testing) and the need to abort fetuses with SS genotype. Don't say it like it's all sweet and easy when there is money.

Why will I go through all that when I can get an AA girl and impregnate her whenever I want? Money I will use to secure my children's future, I'll now use it just to get them.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by BroAchival: 4:12pm On Oct 08, 2019
Kelvin30286063:
If you proceed to marry that lady and bring forth an SS child to this world, may it not be well with you. That's how they will be using stupid lovey lovey to make silly mistakes up and down and punishing innocent children with it.
So you still need advice on this one...

Lol.

Well, I've always expect comments like this from disrespectful, poor upbringing and ill mannered children like you.

Anyway, your comments have been noted.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Lady Confronts Family Friend For Sleeping With Her Father / My Wife Sleeps With My Brother - Husband Tells Judge / My Neighbour And His Fiancee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.