Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

"How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard (31412 Views)

My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department / Meet Moses Onamade Who Never Went To Secondary School But Was HOD In UNILAG / Driver Survives Disastrous Crash At UNN PG Hostel (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by bayulll011(m): 10:31am On Oct 09, 2019
solmusdesigns:
cool

I hope this isnt like the case of twitter user from lautech....

one of the simple Difference between Civilised and UnCivilised Countries is the Ability to Police who is Policing you, and to have Authority over who is having Authority over you...

Take for instance, Nigerian Police Force, they weild so much power that they dont have any policing or monitoring done on them except for some few department within the police it self, In sane climes, the Justice Department in collaboration with another Agency has a beruea that investigate and discipline police officers

Private Universities.. Atleast LeadCity that i know of, has a Quality Control Department that oversees all activities of the lecturers.. and offer recomendation based on performance and general conduct to the management.. this alone make even the most rascal Public University lecturer behave with manners when they take up lecturing jobs at Leadcity

Just imagine the rascality that would have being going on here on Nairaland if we dont have Moderators that can ban you till 2037 when you must have grown sense

just simple if there is no check and balance in this Life we turn to jungle.

our laws are only meant for the poor,the poor will continue to be poor while the rich will be richer
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by bennynaza(m): 10:39am On Oct 09, 2019
Grupo:
He should have forged the signature na.

In a country like Nigeria, you have to give rascality for rascality.

Back then in the same UNN, we'd forge and sign the HOD's signature on course registration forms and still submit the same form to him and he wouldn't know.

Brother, which year did you graduate. Cos I always thought I invented lecturers signature forgery in that school. I was a legend

2 Likes

Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by Roysnickz: 10:42am On Oct 09, 2019
lollybizzu:

Is it bad to show appreciation?

Mind you appreciation could be "ordinary" thank you.
I'm not in support of what the useless man did but at the same time, remember he signed the first one without demanding anything.

Even God demands our appreciation in form of thanks giving when he does something for us.

Still my opinion. And remember, we learn everyday.

. Stop supporting evil. Thank you for what? For doing your job? The jib you are being paid for? Did the HOD usually tell any of the students, University management or the Federal Government thank you upon receiving his salaries? Understand that thank you is not a must here. The HOD is simply paid for the job.

5 Likes

Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by Roysnickz: 10:58am On Oct 09, 2019
lollybizzu:

Thank you grin

Mind you, I'm never in support of the man did and I'll never do such in my life.
I derive joy in helping people.

I tell my mum thank you after every meal.

Learn to show appreciation it does not remove anything from you dear; it will only help you. You guys are the reason we can not have it right in Nigeria. Someone just pointed out a wrong act and you are there supporting it. of course it was not wrong to say thank you in that circumstance but was equally not wrong for not saying thank you. By the way, how are you so sure that the guy did not say a verbal thank you then? Why are you so convinced that all the HOD needed was a verbal thank you? On a more serious note, learn to differentiate amongst favours, assistances, helps, obligations and duties etc. Your mum like, any other mum, very well deserves appreciation after providing your meal. No one is debating that fact. It is however, a completely different story here.

Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by samonak(m): 11:07am On Oct 09, 2019
Those entitled lecturers. That was how my course adviser in UNN those days, Dr Phil Eze of Geography Dept walked me out of his office, simply because I didn't add the prefix "Dr" to his name while filling my course registration form. How was I to know he was a Dr? (since I was a fresher at that time)

2 Likes

Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by djfabmusik(m): 11:18am On Oct 09, 2019
this reminds me of my HOD, that was supposed to sign my scholarship form, but refused, and be giving me flimsy excuse every week. no be say i told don win the scholarship o, still on the process to be submitted. it took me a month plus, and some weeks before she signed it.
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by Fidelismaria: 11:37am On Oct 09, 2019
Nigerians wickedness is in their DNA

1 Like

Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by rabzy: 11:40am On Oct 09, 2019
madenigga:
This is exactly what my Hod secretary did to me at Uniport department of finance and banking, just because I refused to bribe her she refused to give me a letter of reference to process my masters admission to Germany. Just to get it from her took almost 2months my Father had to come to meet her, yet she almost insulted him.

Because of her I missed summer admissions and now am trying to work for Winter admission.

Most Nigerians are outrightly wicked

You guys allow mean people to deal with you and get away with it. You make recordings of phone conversations, videos of where she is demanding the bribe. You either use that to make her the processing or you should upload to social media and news outlet.
Until there is a critical mass of all the exposes and people are genuinely scared nothing will change.
The sanity in the western world is because there is a working system that would get you, not necessarily because they are better people.
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by Ajibade123(m): 11:40am On Oct 09, 2019
Sometimes the reasons why students fails is because of faults from lectures
anyway see 12 stress management strategies to cope with university stress
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by Ajibade123(m): 11:40am On Oct 09, 2019
Sometimes the reasons why students fails is because of faults from lectures
anyway see 12 stress management strategies to cope with university stress https://explicitsuccess.com/stress-management-for-students/
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by mildflame: 11:42am On Oct 09, 2019
Grupo:

Back then in the same UNN, we'd forge and sign the HOD's signature on course registration forms and still submit the same form to him and he wouldn't know.

My kind of G

1 Like

Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by Donchukz(m): 11:51am On Oct 09, 2019
Grupo:

Hahahahahaha,am guilty of this,during my first year at UNN,I was busy forming good boy,but from my second yr to final yr,I'd to start forming their signature

1 Like

Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by mrde(m): 11:53am On Oct 09, 2019
sammirano:
HOD no respect dean, thats new. Where i come from if dean is coming hod stands. Na wa for this people oo.
deanship is rotational. It's possible the HOD in question is the Dean's senior. Maybe even his lecturer in the past. Sad story doe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by Tallesty1(m): 12:14pm On Oct 09, 2019
mercyviv:

God bless you a million times sir. I've always said this, we're our own problem. You say your leaders are the problems, how are you any better from them? Is Buhari, Jonathan, obj, and the rest of them from Sudan? Our leaders reflects the typical Nigerian socio-political and economic vices. A typical Nigerian sees his office and position as one to be used for personal exploitation. An ordinary security manning the gate will simply tell one guest that the boss isn't on seat, but will quickly usher in another guest because the latter was "smart" enough to have greased his palms. You see teachers stealing and selling school materials some that were procured to be distributed for free to their pupils. Abeg, its too early to carry Nigeria problem for head.
That is why I laugh whenever I hear the planless guy in Aso Rock say he's fighting corruption.

Like for real? Where will you start?

Even ordinary secondary school class prefects dey collect bribe these days.

God bless you more abundantly Nnem, we never ready to move forward in this country.

1 Like

Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by bikefab(m): 12:20pm On Oct 09, 2019
I wonder what would have happened if Man were to be God.

2 Likes

Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by maxilly(m): 12:37pm On Oct 09, 2019
I forged my hod's signature on numerous occasions and got away with it. Not suggesting you should have done the same in this case but sometimes these people just for no credible reason decides to frustrate students and it sucks.
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by Kvngfrosh(m): 12:39pm On Oct 09, 2019
grin Abeg who ft tell me about Dis Mtn Scholarship Abeg and maybe Some past questions thanks
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by Samson3600(m): 12:40pm On Oct 09, 2019
I fear them (Big head lectures without sense than sex, money and airtime)
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by Truth801(m): 12:47pm On Oct 09, 2019
drips8:
Nigerians are actually part of Nigeria's problems.
Nigerians are 100% Nigeria's problem

1 Like

Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by Mujtahida: 12:48pm On Oct 09, 2019
dominique:
This is very bad if true, you want to eat out of the proceeds of a poor student's schorlarship. Even if you are poorly paid, should you stoop so low? I'm starting to believe the average Nigerian is wired to be greedy and entitled. The HOD deserves to be named and shamed.
Don't start believing, just know that an average Nigerian is a thief, a fraudster and rogue. Country wey be say you cannot forget your phone in a place and find it again.

2 Likes

Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by sangresan(m): 1:19pm On Oct 09, 2019
Same thing happened to me at AAUA. In my case, however, he wasn't the HOD. He told me that he would collect a percentage of the Shell Scholarship fund, which the whole department got to know after Shell sent congratulatory letter to the school. Fortunately for me, he was sacked before the money was ever paid.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by Aarenaija: 1:23pm On Oct 09, 2019
I am just asking myself how mush was he expecting as his own share?

Was he that indigent?

Poverty is not about position or academic attainment but of the mind.

1 Like

Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by OSUigboFlatHead(f): 1:32pm On Oct 09, 2019
mrvitalis:

In unn its easier for a Yoruba man to get admission to Igbo man because its a national university

Igbo's even claim north just to get admission ...how many Yoruba's leave the south west ...we go use post come beg Una ?
Yorubas won't leave their comfort zone for a place where they'll be cheated and marginalized.
It took my uncle the grace of God to be able to sell the plot of land he bought in one igbo state because of charm, threat and bully.
He was forced to sell the land back to an igbo man. But here in Lagos, go to festac, ajegunle, lekki etc, you people buy land in peace.
It's not fair.
A people that still practice OSU caste system amongst themselves in 21st century... Nawao

1 Like

Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 09, 2019
lollybizzu:
Yea the guy is right at the entitlement stand of the HOD.

But we also need to learn appreciate!

A bottle of wine after the first payment would have cleared all these.

Did you even go back to tell him simple thank you? This alone could have gone a long way.

Just my opinion.

If you are street-smart you will know these little things pave ways- just a bottle of wine and 10k he would have enjoyed his 200k, 20 naira cigarette you buy for area men will save you in a long run.

Life na sense them non they do know know too much. Life isn't straight forward, you meander your way to survive.

1 Like

Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by mrvitalis(m): 1:48pm On Oct 09, 2019
OSUigboFlatHead:

Yorubas won't leave their comfort zone for a place where they'll be cheated and marginalized.
It took my uncle the grace of God to be able to sell the plot of land he bought in one igbo state because of charm, threat and bully.
He was forced to sell the land back to an igbo man. But here in Lagos, go to festac, ajegunle, lekki etc, you people buy land in peace.
It's not fair.
A people that still practice OSU caste system amongst themselves in 21st century... Nawao
It was difficult to sale land by your uncle in Igbo land where land is hot cake ....bros talk another lie

How many Land do u have in south south ,or north stop making it as if its only Igbo land u don't invest

U can't leave ur comfort zone because u are scared of competition

U have prisons yet you criticize OSU system lol
Do u even know what OSU means ? No prison in Igbo culture and no one is allowed to kill

When people commit offence they can't be forgiven they are excommunicated and sent to a village called OSU ...so gods can't judge them
So stop making it look as if OSU is a bad thing ...we tried by giving them live ...your primitive people would have killed them
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:09pm On Oct 09, 2019
kaorama:
I finished from UNN. Results are not provided at department level. It is the responsibility of exams & records department.
u are saying the guy is lying right...
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:15pm On Oct 09, 2019
Chugavey:
Nnaemeka Chukwuleta Leonard was my classmate in UNN, 2009 set. He was amongst the high fliers, I remember at some point his zeal towards academics started dwindling. At some point, he was absent from school for almost a whole semester. Little did I know this was what he went through.

We had Dr. B. O Anyaka as our H.O.D then.

Many students suffer different degrees of depression in UNN. This is evident in the number of suicides recorded so far from the den. Chukwuleta would have been one of such cases or a drug addict or something worse if not for his resilience. Academic work is enough mental stress, adding to that is suicidal. And it must be discouraged!!!
OK those asking for the name see am oooo...
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by AshawoHusband50(m): 2:28pm On Oct 09, 2019
I have bro. How do we connect?
Goalnaldo:
Any person with active diamond bank account should DM me
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by Emmaculate77(m): 2:33pm On Oct 09, 2019
LordPherule:

You for don give him and dept gift, how much be gift wey you go buy. Yoruba adage says "pe were lokoyawo, kale ri ona lo". Show love regards to a mad person so as to get way to pass. Simple as that, now you missed and can't be reversed.
Well, some people still have a bit of integrity in them.
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by sanmtiago(m): 3:25pm On Oct 09, 2019
sammirano:
HOD no respect dean, thats new. Where i come from if dean is coming hod stands. Na wa for this people oo.
you never see anything. In my school some hods have level more that dean
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by Goalnaldo(m): 3:52pm On Oct 09, 2019
AshawoHusband50:
I have bro. How do we connect?
WhatsApp me 08130933504
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by Geesanni: 4:29pm On Oct 09, 2019
U will hear from us soon ... Appropriate punishment in progress.
ultimate77:

aaHaha the registerer was not always on seat for more then 2 months to sign my last form that will and me collect my statement of result which I'll use for nysc.. Omo I just look him signature from others, nack the signature and still summited to him an moved on....no time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October / Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher / Linus Victor Anyanna Is Best Graduating Student From Federal University Gusau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.