Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,470 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

"How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard (31403 Views)

My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department / Meet Moses Onamade Who Never Went To Secondary School But Was HOD In UNILAG / Driver Survives Disastrous Crash At UNN PG Hostel (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by sammirano: 8:33am On Oct 09, 2019
sugarboy212:
The Hod fit don be former Dean or probably he even taught the present dean then, but that did not justify his wicked act.

Fairfield Apartments, Abijo, Ajah, Lagos is selling fast- premium location, notable landmark features such as Novare Lekki Mall, Lagos Business School and so on. Wonderful Lakeside Living. 2 bedroom apartments sells for 10.5 million , 3 bedroom apartments sells for 12 million , 3 bedroom penthouse sells for 15 million, all available for sale. Buy one and win an all expense paid trip to Dubai, buy 6 apartments and get a free 2 bedroom apartments. Mortgage plans for 5 and 10 years available. Call me now/ whatsapp for more details +2348023536207/+2347055533718.

In my schoo only a prof can become a dean
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by Nobody: 8:34am On Oct 09, 2019
They are in all universities in Nigeria, also lectures that intentionally fail students so they can pay to upgrade their scores, all these are corrupt practices the government shy away from, but rather blame the youths for engaging in fraud, how do you think most of those fraudsters got into fraud??, because they got frustrated with school and dropped out, or even cultists?, they were frustrated with school and got caught away,

All these are serious issues that are meant to be looked into, but because we don’t have enough young people in the government to think, These problems will keep on re occurring. Lectures and universities are responsible for most of the crimes committed and behaviors exhibited by youths in Nigeria, until our education system is re structured we won’t have a bright future in this country

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by lollybizzu(m): 8:40am On Oct 09, 2019
jacksol:

Many of you get it wrong often.
It's the HOD's job to sign those transcripts. It's corruption to expect or demand a reward for doing your job.
Like someone has said above, it should be a thing of pride and a sense of accomplishment for him that the students he teaches are winning external awards.
It's highly immoral for him to accept even a bottle of wine from an indigent student. How far can N200k go for a student in one year these days?
I went thru school when Fed. govt scholarship was N520, but I lived on it and even bought a Honda bike in the 2nd year.
And I can't recall tipping anyone to get it.
Everything is going downhill these days.

You are absolutely right sir.
It's something he should have done without even expecting anything in return.
He should be happy and even encourage the young chap.

But he lacked the ethical value of doing his job with integrity.

1 Like

Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by BarrElChapo(m): 8:41am On Oct 09, 2019
This is an example of "wickedness in high places" I pray your widowed mother placed
a curse on him
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by 9gerian: 8:41am On Oct 09, 2019
This kind of reports need to have more specific information with names, company and period so that such culprits can meet their Waterloo even now! shocked

Social media is a nemesis of sort!

ultimate77:

Na so na.. You know how annoying it is when you are done with final year and for flimsy reasons you are held back at school.. 2010.. So much growth sha... Na my kukuma day sign now. I know how far. Nigerians are just so so what I don't understand.

My kid bro won a scholarship for 200k every session.. The brewing company staff which it must pass through kept collecting 130k and left the guy with 70k which they even pay late.. Till he graduated he just got for 2 sessions.
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by Sterope(f): 8:48am On Oct 09, 2019
You are not in support yet you wanted him to have given the lecturer a bottle of wine. The HOD already collects a salary for his work. Appreciation is not forced darling. It should not have prevented the man from doing what he is paid to do. I am sure somewhere it is against ethics to collect anything for doing his job.

lollybizzu:

Thank you grin

Mind you, I'm never in support of the man did and I'll never do such in my life.
I derive joy in helping people.

I tell my mum thank you after every meal.

Learn to show appreciation it does not remove anything from you dear; it will only help you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by 2kurupt(m): 8:50am On Oct 09, 2019
cenaman:
Maybe the HOD is jealous.

Those sadists are always jealous.

Jealous of the youth of their students, jealous of the technological advancement present to their students, jealous of the juicy babes in endless supply within the reach of their students.

During my schooling days a lecturer once openly boosted that non of his students must graduate with a better grade than he did undecided

Now tell me what will you write for that sadist to give you your real score?

1 Like

Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by chubbyswit(m): 8:53am On Oct 09, 2019
Criticaltemp:
Like seriously.. Hmmmm, UNN ehh, from his point, i guess its one wicked prof from electrical engineering.. That man could insult even the VC. Someone that ones told me to kneel down in his office. Told my juniors to laugh at me. What did i do? I simply requested by project be reviewed by an external supervisor
please which of the HODs'? Mention his name

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by PeacenLove2: 8:59am On Oct 09, 2019
drips8:
Nigerians are actually part of Nigeria's problems.

A set of extremely self-serving wicked people who hide behind false definition of grace. Wrong has become right. This is a sad reality and it plays out everywhere, this terrible menace that has become a culture. Unfortunately, I don't see it going away anytime soon. God have mercy on us all. sad
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by CTechHub(m): 9:01am On Oct 09, 2019
Grupo:
He should have forged the signature na.

In a country like Nigeria, you have to give rascality for rascality.

Back then in the same UNN, we'd forge and sign the HOD's signature on course registration forms and still submit the same form to him and he wouldn't know.

Exactly my thoughts cuz this is how me and my friends are surving. I can't waste my precious time chasing their signatures every time I want to do manual course registration

2 Likes

Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by Realdeals(m): 9:04am On Oct 09, 2019
Until we begin delivering consequences for all offences, nothing will stop.
We should look beyond "I beg you in Jesus name"
"I'm sorry for God sake", every offences must be punished no matter what.
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by lollybizzu(m): 9:08am On Oct 09, 2019
Sterope:
You are not in support yet you wanted him to have given the lecturer a bottle of wine. The HOD already collects a salary for his work. Appreciation is not forced darling. It should not have prevented the man from doing what he is paid to do. I am sure somewhere it is against ethics to collect anything for doing his job.

You're right.

But remember: it is wisdom to understand time and seasons.

Have a blessed ahead. tongue kiss
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by ABOVEDELAW: 9:09am On Oct 09, 2019
WHO WILL BELL THE CAT?
LUGBE:
The lecturer needs to be dealt with
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by Femeto: 9:12am On Oct 09, 2019
Baba you too you stingy why you no drop am something.
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by edoairways: 9:13am On Oct 09, 2019
Grupo:

Back then in the same UNN, we'd forge and sign the HOD's signature on course registration forms and still submit the same form to him and he wouldn't know.
cheesy grin grin the guy wasn't smart enough

3 Likes

Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by Youngjohnosas: 9:19am On Oct 09, 2019
Grupo:

God bless u sir.. my faculty officer thought she was a demi god,after pleading with her to sign my course form to enable me collect my final year clearance form for over two weeks and she she kept insisting I paid 5k for late signing ,I just paid 500 and her signature was scanned and placed on the form and I photocopied it, I took a week's break from her office and walked into her office majestically the following week,she smiled and and gave me my final year clearance form without any hesitation.

for my mind I say see ode,we used to call it dagbo back in the days.

1 Like

Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by SkinnyNigga: 9:25am On Oct 09, 2019
Goalnaldo:
Any person with active diamond bank account should DM me
whatsapp me.. 08166544711
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by bizhop01: 9:28am On Oct 09, 2019
MTN too na scam
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by Sterope(f): 9:32am On Oct 09, 2019
Your wisdom is to understand time and seasons to foster corrupt practices

Have a blessed day too

lollybizzu:

You're right.

But remember: it is wisdom to understand time and seasons.

Have a blessed ahead. tongue kiss

4 Likes

Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by LabDNA: 9:35am On Oct 09, 2019
Mr leonard, if you wrote all these without mentioning the names of the lecturer, you are wasting our time. Name the names so that the internet can document the evil practices of these criminals parading as lecturers.
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by kluvert(m): 9:40am On Oct 09, 2019
solmusdesigns:
cool

I hope this isnt like the case of twitter user from lautech....

one of the simple Difference between Civilised and UnCivilised Countries is the Ability to Police who is Policing you, and to have Authority over who is having Authority over you...

Take for instance, Nigerian Police Force, they weild so much power that they dont have any policing or monitoring done on them except for some few department within the police it self, In sane climes, the Justice Department in collaboration with another Agency has a beruea that investigate and discipline police officers

Private Universities.. Atleast LeadCity that i know of, has a Quality Control Department that oversees all activities of the lecturers.. and offer recomendation based on performance and general conduct to the management.. this alone make even the most rascal Public University lecturer behave with manners when they take up lecturing jobs at Leadcity

Just imagine the rascality that would have being going on here on Nairaland if we dont have Moderators that can ban you till 2037 when you must have grown sense

Nice points man. But who will now police the moderators? ���
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by solmusdesigns: 9:43am On Oct 09, 2019
kluvert:

Nice points man. But who will now police the moderators? ���

grin

Super mods, and super mod are policed by Seun
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by Ugosample(m): 9:43am On Oct 09, 2019
OVIHINNO:
We're damned in this shit hole country. You can imagine the SYSTEM, even the Dean couldn't correct the anomaly.

And this is a nigger shithole country that people say would get better
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by Ulaga12: 9:48am On Oct 09, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:

grin

Super mods, and super mod are policed by Seun
[/s]
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by ibori1(m): 9:58am On Oct 09, 2019
DesChyko:
MTN Nigeria now want to trend too.
People in positions of authority abusing it.
very very
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by LordPherule(m): 10:01am On Oct 09, 2019
freelansa:
A Nigerian, Chukwuleta Leonard, has narrated how he lost an MTN scholarship because of his HOD at the University of Nigeria Nsukka, UNN.

He lost the scholarship because the HOD refused to sign a document which would he needed to submit to MTN.

Read his Twitter thread below.

https://wotzup.ng/how-i-lost-an-mtn-scholarship-because-of-my-hod-at-unn-nigerian-man/

You for don give him and dept gift, how much be gift wey you go buy. Yoruba adage says "pe were lokoyawo, kale ri ona lo". Show love regards to a mad person so as to get way to pass. Simple as that, now you missed and can't be reversed.
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by sammchuck1: 10:03am On Oct 09, 2019
DesChyko:
MTN Nigeria now want to trend too.

People in positions of authority abusing it.

Na your trend?

Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by sugarboy212(m): 10:06am On Oct 09, 2019
Profs are H.O.D too.
sammirano:

In my schoo only a prof can become a dean
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by agborodun: 10:11am On Oct 09, 2019
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by dustydee: 10:15am On Oct 09, 2019
lollybizzu:

Thank you grin

Mind you, I'm never in support of the man did and I'll never do such in my life.
I derive joy in helping people.

I tell my mum thank you after every meal.

Learn to show appreciation it does not remove anything from you dear; it will only help you.

Thank him for what exactly? The result he was yet to sign? Or for applying for the scholarship for him and awarding him the scholarship?
Please let us stop enabling corruption. Thank you or not, the HOD has no right to withhold the result.

2 Likes

Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by Chugavey(m): 10:26am On Oct 09, 2019
Nnaemeka Chukwuleta Leonard was my classmate in UNN, 2009 set. He was amongst the high fliers, I remember at some point his zeal towards academics started dwindling. At some point, he was absent from school for almost a whole semester. Little did I know this was what he went through.

We had Dr. B. O Anyaka as our H.O.D then.

Many students suffer different degrees of depression in UNN. This is evident in the number of suicides recorded so far from the den. Chukwuleta would have been one of such cases or a drug addict or something worse if not for his resilience. Academic work is enough mental stress, adding to that is suicidal. And it must be discouraged!!!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by puresaint(m): 10:30am On Oct 09, 2019
If some evil befall him tomorrow.

He will say he's is a good man!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher / My Younger Sister Is Too Dull. / FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.