Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,554 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

"How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard (31408 Views)

My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department / Meet Moses Onamade Who Never Went To Secondary School But Was HOD In UNILAG / Driver Survives Disastrous Crash At UNN PG Hostel (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by lollybizzu(m): 4:56pm On Oct 09, 2019
BiggyB242:

If you are street-smart you will know these little things pave ways- just a bottle of wine and 10k, small 20 naira cigarette you buy for area men will save you in a long run.

Life na sense them non they do know know too much. Life isn't straight forward, you meander your way to survive.

Baba you Don talk am finish!

I Have a lot to say but make I just stop here. I don't want people mentioning me again.

But those that understand, understand.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by DesChyko: 5:20pm On Oct 09, 2019
WarriFirstBorn:

What do you mean by they want to trend?
MTN is not popular enough? It is obvious that MTN has seen the tweets and is reaching out to the dude because they know it wasn't his fault the results didn't get to them.

That's assuming he didn't tell them earlier but was rebuffed.

1 Like

Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by themanderon: 6:06pm On Oct 09, 2019
The powerful feeding on the vulnerable. The story of Naija.
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by baby124: 6:13pm On Oct 09, 2019
This is so evil. When some people can’t find favour or breakthrough now they will curse God. Not knowing that it’s the curses placed on their parents that is plaguing them.

1 Like

Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by ultimate77(m): 6:58pm On Oct 09, 2019
Geesanni:
U will hear from us soon ... Appropriate punishment in progress.

qqHaqhaa.. I no Dey even Dey use that certificate... Omo.. Na skill sure pass.
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by encryptjay(m): 9:18pm On Oct 09, 2019
jacksol:

Many of you get it wrong often.
It's the HOD's job to sign those transcripts. It's corruption to expect or demand a reward for doing your job.
Like someone has said above, it should be a thing of pride and a sense of accomplishment for him that the students he teaches are winning external awards.
It's highly immoral for him to accept even a bottle of wine from an indigent student. How far can N200k go for a student in one year these days?
I went thru school when Fed. govt scholarship was N520, but I lived on it and even bought a Honda bike in the 2nd year.
And I can't recall tipping anyone to get it.
Everything is going downhill these days.
Lecturers shouldn't collect such from students. I remember sending airtime pin to my course adviser and he forwarded it back saying it's against the ethics. I respect him, big time.

1 Like

Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by OSUigboFlatHead(f): 9:26pm On Oct 09, 2019
mrvitalis:

It was difficult to sale land by your uncle in Igbo land where land is hot cake ....bros talk another lie

How many Land do u have in south south ,or north stop making it as if its only Igbo land u don't invest

U can't leave ur comfort zone because u are scared of competition

U have prisons yet you criticize OSU system lol
Do u even know what OSU means ? No prison in Igbo culture and no one is allowed to kill

When people commit offence they can't be forgiven they are excommunicated and sent to a village called OSU ...so gods can't judge them
So stop making it look as if OSU is a bad thing ...we tried by giving them live ...your primitive people would have killed them
Lol
How ridiculous, comparing OSU system with prison.
Keep fooling yourself
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by hekkyboi: 9:38pm On Oct 09, 2019
Grupo:
He should have forged the signature na.

In a country like Nigeria, you have to give rascality for rascality.

Back then in the same UNN, we'd forge and sign the HOD's signature on course registration forms and still submit the same form to him and he wouldn't know.
my guy me sef do wella but that time but this is a serious issue at hand, scholarship

1 Like

Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by hekkyboi: 9:39pm On Oct 09, 2019
Grupo:
He should have forged the signature na.

In a country like Nigeria, you have to give rascality for rascality.

Back then in the same UNN, we'd forge and sign the HOD's signature on course registration forms and still submit the same form to him and he wouldn't know.
my guy me sef do am wella that time but this is a serious issue at hand, scholarship

1 Like

Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by CeterisXVII: 10:53pm On Oct 09, 2019
sammirano:
HOD no respect dean, thats new. Where i come from if dean is coming hod stands. Na wa for this people oo.
In fact, that place is not a higher institution. Which HOD can talk, when a Dean is sneezing? shocked
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by CeterisXVII: 10:56pm On Oct 09, 2019
lollybizzu:
Yea the guy is right at the entitlement stand of the HOD.

But we also need to learn appreciate!

A bottle of wine after the first payment would have cleared all these.

Did you even go back to tell him simple thank you? This alone could have gone a long way.

Just my opinion.
Bottle of wine.....for what? Was it the HOD that got him the MTN scholarship? What kind of sense of entitlement, is being fuelled in the lecturer?

Read the guy's post again. The lecturer did NOT want a mere thank you. He wanted a cut, of the scholarship money and he stated it clearly. He is a greedy soul. A 'thank you,' would have had NO effect on him. angry

lollybizzu:
Is it bad to show appreciation?

Mind you appreciation could be "ordinary" thank you.
I'm not in support of what the useless man did but at the same time, remember he signed the first one without demanding anything.

Even God demands our appreciation in form of thanks giving when he does something for us.

Still my opinion. And remember, we learn everyday.
Appreciation for ... just what exactly? shocked You people like to fuel trouble. If anybody must show appreciation, then it must be voluntary and done out of freewill, NOT because it is imposed upon you. The lecturer is being paid a salary, to sign such forms for goodness' sake! sad

Today you are offering the lecturer bag of rice or bottle of wine. Tomorrow the lecturer would expect iPhone X or Samsung tablet, from the next candidate, because you have started an unnecessary reward system that is uncalled for!

1 Like

Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by ayokellany: 4:14am On Oct 10, 2019
Sic ! What am interested in is not the bane of the matter, exposing whoever is involved so appropriate punishment can be served is. I have no sentiments to share with you or the OP. I am looking for who to shame for entertainment but dullhead like you do not understand stories without name are issued to aroused public sentiment or the entertainment you are wailing about.

MTN na you or his father that should be doing the needful on your behave ?! The foolishness with which many of you respond on NL thisday ehn?!

tiwiex:

Don't worry. His name will soon appear. He mentioned MTN which puts some credibility to his story. You don't seem to be interested in the credibility of the story. You just looking for who to shame for entertainment. He is just interested in sharing his story and hopefully MTN will do the needful.
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by mrvitalis(m): 5:01am On Oct 10, 2019
OSUigboFlatHead:

Lol
How ridiculous, comparing OSU system with prison.
Keep fooling yourself
Tell me which is better ...its even practiced by jews
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by Afrocentric: 8:47am On Oct 10, 2019
Tallesty1:
No country has a problem bro, it's usually the people
exactly. It's what most people are guilty of. The "fallacy of the misplaced concreteness"
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 10, 2019
pls is this mtn scholarship for 200level or 300level students??
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by Nodogragra4me(m): 8:40pm On Oct 10, 2019
We also got the same treatment from the then sub Dean of basic medical sciences of olabisi onabanjo university Dr (Mrs) Agboola MCB lecturer, refused to sign our results for the same MTN scholarship annual verification ,she even threatened to ensure the 3 of us fail out of medical school (myself, Abdul azeez, and chromo)when she met us at the dean's office. we end up losing the scholarship as she refused to sign our results.
Till this day I still feel bad about it, to even think "mother" will be so wicked

jacksol:

I'd bet that HOD is Igbo too. The Igbo tribe is notorious for this kind of sadism especially to their own kind.
You would not find this kind of thing in the North. For example you'd find so much unhealthy competition among the Igbos in the Fed public service, whereas the other tribes prop their kind up.
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by TamiOkoroDedeh(f): 5:18am On Oct 11, 2019
jacksol:

I'd bet that HOD is Igbo too. The Igbo tribe is notorious for this kind of sadism especially to their own kind.
You would not find this kind of thing in the North. For example you'd find so much unhealthy competition among the Igbos in the Fed public service, whereas the other tribes prop their kind up.

Sorry, but as an Igbo woman myself, I can confirm that greedy bastard does NOT represent me.

1 Like

Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by jacksol(m): 4:51pm On Oct 11, 2019
thelastorca:
The useless boy is lying
Why can he not name the lecturer
Why did he not make a video
He is just an olodo. If he had passed well, none of this would have happened

Look at how he is rubbishing the name of unn
See how he is trying to mess a lecturers life

These are the arguments that were running through yesterday

Let’s see toks2008 take on this

You have no justification to call the poor boy names.
Are you saying people should not expose injustice because it's UNN?
In my time at the same institution, this would have been unimaginable, but things have deteriorated terribly these days.
But it's inconceivable that the boy was lying. What would be the objective?

1 Like

Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by jacksol(m): 5:02pm On Oct 11, 2019
TamiOkoroDedeh:

Sorry, but as an Igbo woman myself, I can confirm that greedy bastard does NOT represent me.
My sister, neither does he represent me. If he did, I wouldn't be holding these views. But there's an Igbo saying that translates like this, "truth is daylight".

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October / Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher / My Younger Sister Is Too Dull.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.