Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,869 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Any Guy Earning 50k Should Not Have Any Business Getting Married - Twitter Lady - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Any Guy Earning 50k Should Not Have Any Business Getting Married - Twitter Lady (48383 Views)

Never Buy A Lady Pepsi And Bread When She Visits - Twitter Lady / Don't Start A Relationship With Any Guy Before He Becomes Your Friend / “If You Wear A Pant Throughout The Day, You’ve Got Problems” - Twitter Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Guy Earning 50k Should Not Have Any Business Getting Married - Twitter Lady by Olusola101990: 8:14am On Oct 10, 2019
Emyogalanya:
Wetin concern us men, ma una go first reach menoPause while waiting for us and when we have made it there is always one regina daniel waiting and willing to settle down with one ned. There is always one Nkiru syvanus willing to be a second wife to us. If you choose not to fall the above category you may then choose to be a Rita dominic, always singing Akon's music all Night because of to much do guy. Well last but not the least you may choose to be a Linda Ikeji and form Nichodemus to and collect long ting at Night. Or at most you can settle to be Aunty Kemi olunloyo who they now tag a problem to her fellow women. Its a mans world.
. u wicked small sir..lol

1 Like

Re: Any Guy Earning 50k Should Not Have Any Business Getting Married - Twitter Lady by nengibo: 8:17am On Oct 10, 2019
ecolime:
What of those earning N50,001?

Foolish gal
U must be an arsenal fan

1 Like

Re: Any Guy Earning 50k Should Not Have Any Business Getting Married - Twitter Lady by Kassidy4luv(m): 8:19am On Oct 10, 2019
I earn 51k, but I am cool. I told my ex girlfriend my salary and she was shocked and became scared of getting married to me. What are you bringing to the table, are you going to be a house wife?.

5 Likes

Re: Any Guy Earning 50k Should Not Have Any Business Getting Married - Twitter Lady by faithfull18(f): 8:20am On Oct 10, 2019
9jayes:
Hmmmm! As a man you can marry even when you're jobless so far your wife is working.

On a serious note I buy and sell funds at a juicy rate see my signature thanks.
Re: Any Guy Earning 50k Should Not Have Any Business Getting Married - Twitter Lady by Dpaulie(m): 8:22am On Oct 10, 2019
Depending on the kind of life u want for your family, ur income can be 10k and still have 3 wives, no be women?

2 Likes

Re: Any Guy Earning 50k Should Not Have Any Business Getting Married - Twitter Lady by Seancombz: 8:22am On Oct 10, 2019
Nat404:
That lady is silly. cheesy
i swear!
Re: Any Guy Earning 50k Should Not Have Any Business Getting Married - Twitter Lady by Acidosis(m): 8:24am On Oct 10, 2019
Before na 30k, now 50k. Can't wait till it rises to N1m/month grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Any Guy Earning 50k Should Not Have Any Business Getting Married - Twitter Lady by moonbender(m): 8:27am On Oct 10, 2019
Jmk9292:
And what's the average a girl should earn before contemplating marriage?

Lmao!

I hate when girls believe that only the men should be earning!

2 Likes

Re: Any Guy Earning 50k Should Not Have Any Business Getting Married - Twitter Lady by luminouz(m): 8:30am On Oct 10, 2019
Kassidy4luv:
I earn 51k, but I am cool. I told my ex girlfriend my salary and she was shocked and became scared of getting married to me. What are you bringing to the table, are you going to be a house wife?.
What about now? Are u married?
What happened to ur ex?

1 Like

Re: Any Guy Earning 50k Should Not Have Any Business Getting Married - Twitter Lady by Mariangeles(f): 8:31am On Oct 10, 2019
Oblongata:
When I got married, both of us weren’t working, we just wanted to be 2geda...

It worked for us, she went into event, I started pp, and with our minds as one, we became financially independent in less than 2 months...

There are no rules to a good marriage, just follow your heart!
When you say " got married ", do you mean you did all the marriage rites ? Or just cohabiting?
Are you Igbo or Yoruba ? You must be Yoruba because it can NEVER WORK that way in Igbo land.

1 Like

Re: Any Guy Earning 50k Should Not Have Any Business Getting Married - Twitter Lady by Blackmiserable(m): 8:31am On Oct 10, 2019
franchasng:
In as much as we will all try to attack and condemn the lady for saying such, there is lot of truth in what she wrote, and I will explain:

Back in the days of our fathers, there was no GSM, no internet, no cable TV, so it was never necessary for a man or woman to own a mobile phone, buy internet data, buy airtime, pay for cable TV like DsTV or GoTV or Star Times, etc. In fact there was no need to have a fridge/freezer before you get married because there were electricity only in few parts of Nigeria, mostly the cities, and only less than 20% of Nigerians then lived in the cities, and maybe less than 5% of those city dwellers owned a TV set, a fridge/freezer.

There was no need to own a washing machine, only the elites did....there was no need for electric or gas cooker, no need to talk about owning a car to think of maintaining and fueling the car, only few elites owned cars.

Back then, all schools were government owned, private schools were seen as useless schools for dull people, and most government schools then were free, the ones that needed to be paid for were peanuts...so you don't need to stress to send your children to school, all they needed was school uniform and books.

Back then, there were very few private hospitals, all existing reputable hospitals were all government owned and well equipped and competent, today is different....to take care of your wife's delivery and children health, you must pay through your nose if they must get adequate healthcare.

All the reputable schools now are owned by private individuals, and their tuition is on the high side that, someone earning that amount she mentioned can never be able to send his children to any good school, sadly that's the reality not what we wished was the reality cry

Before you can get married today and have a relatively happy home, you may need to rent a 1 bedroom flat at least, you will pay for electricity bill monthly, buy gas for cooking, pay for refuse collectors, pay estate or community security which was free in our father's time, you may need TV, GoTV which also requires monthly subscription, you must own a mobile phone, including your wife, and who will be buying the airtime, the internet data, maybe Buhari

Honestly, to live a decent life in Nigeria or run a decent, modest home in Nigeria now as a married man, you will need around 200,000naira monthly income, which is why every Nigerian lady now should make it a priority to have a job or a business or a trade or something earning her legal money of at least 50,000naira monthly before she accepts to marry any man.

Gone are the days ladies bring only their body to marriage, ladies your body is no longer enough, you must bring some money too....a monthly income!!! angry

That guy that replied her and saying he is earning 57,000 and he is married with 2 kids, he should also tell people about other ways he earns money to augment his 50k monthly salary; or he thinks we don't know how corrupt majority of Nigerian civil servants are, collecting kickbacks, bribes, and engaging in all forms of office corruption to makeup their low pay

He should also tell us if he doesn't get one or two financial help from one of his big brothers or uncles living somewhere else either abroad or in another city, so let him STFU that income is not enough to run a family in today Nigeria!!

If you are not earning enough income to raise a decent home, pls stay single, its not a crime to remain single, it is a crime to give birth to kids u can't train or give decent life, they will grow up to become societal problem and easy tools for crime/violence which is why Northern Nigeria and in fact Nigeria is so messed right now!

Stop giving birth to kids u can't train or hoping for your uncle or brother or sister or aunt or friend to train them for u, the world has changed, this is not 1980!! angry

All I see here is an appeal to human greed and wants, which is not enough to make a valid argument here. From time immemorial, man has always been greedy and thirsty. Believe it or not, there will always be wants for Adam's descendants. While the higher the better, many Nigerians are living fine on less than that a moonth

Let's talk abut this wants so you can see how it evens out because you don't seem to see how these wants also have their advantages (at least in the 21st century that we are in). Our fathers do not need GSM, there was no internet or cable TV, but then, how do they communicate with distant relatives? They have to walk long distance sometimes for weeks and THIS TAKES A MASSIVE TOLL ON THEIR BODIES. They don't have to pay electricity bill, so they'd just have to grapple with the heat at night or use lanterns. There was no need to subscribe for mobile data, but is it a good thing? I am guessing you're "Yes, it is!" but that again depends on what you use the internet for. A top-rated Nigerian freelancer on Upwork or any other freelance platform who has made it big would just laugh at you saying such shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

What do our fathers use money for?

We are paying for services afforded by the invention of technology so is it a good thing? Does it make our life much better or worse off than our fathers?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Any Guy Earning 50k Should Not Have Any Business Getting Married - Twitter Lady by Mariangeles(f): 8:32am On Oct 10, 2019
luminouz:

What about now? Are u married?
What happened to ur ex?
You're itching to hear that something bad happened to her shey ?

1 Like

Re: Any Guy Earning 50k Should Not Have Any Business Getting Married - Twitter Lady by Chiedu12345: 8:32am On Oct 10, 2019
U will grow old in Ur father house because ur looking for guy that earn 2million to marry

2 Likes

Re: Any Guy Earning 50k Should Not Have Any Business Getting Married - Twitter Lady by toprealman: 8:32am On Oct 10, 2019
You marry with a 500k salary and get sacked after 6 months due to unstable Naija political-economic environment. Do you divorce your wife?
Re: Any Guy Earning 50k Should Not Have Any Business Getting Married - Twitter Lady by djoe21(m): 8:33am On Oct 10, 2019
solmusdesigns:
shocked

i beg to differ, humans have different income level through out thier life time especially in an economy like nigeria and a country without job seciurity

You may have a booming business or Job with huge turn over/salary before marriage, and few years into the marriage Buhari introduces policies that affects your sector directly, like no forex for importers, Single Treasury Account, border closure or ban on your products...
then things turn slightly difficult and this kind of lady is out with another man

A reasonable man should always marry poor, or strugling or even pretend to be poor so as to weed out women with this kind of money mentality, because even if you are rich and things turn around for you this entitled ingrates would either leave or make your life miserable

But facing real facts someone marrying with 50k must be ready to marry a lady with a source of income, and also be ready to start the marriage by renting a single room and parlour selfcontain in a middle class enviroment, he must be ready to use pratical low dataphones like itel and tecno, he must be willing to use public transport, and he must be very willing to eat a soup for atleast 3 days to five days before making new ones, or they can eat out sometimes at local restuarants... If he , must drink alchohol, then he cant drink at a lounge and he cant buy premium brands like hennesy and heineken.. he most strictly drink low cost drinks like hero, goldberg , 33 , trophy or spirits and his entertainment option should be limited to Startimes a, gotv or buying pirated dvds..

In fairness.. strugling couples who are positive minded tend to enjoy thier marriage, building wealth together and sharing life experience together, doing house chores together, playing together when bored, gisting and sharing goofy jokes to spice up the atmosphere (not to forget the spontenous unplannedd sex, and the random quickie grin)

For such marriage to work emphasis must be placed on THE WORD "TOGETHER"

and to clear anybodies doubt

Estimated budget of a Glutton who earns 50k and his wife earns 30k, in any state in Nigeria except Lagos, FCT Abuja, Portharcourt

BUDGET Estimate.....

*Accomodation...... (N7000)
a room self contain(80k a year)

*Feeding for 2 (N40,000 )
Soup per week 3750, per month 15k
Main Meal(rice 3 cups breakfast, eba/amala/tuwo/fufu, 3 cups or equivalent for lunch, noddles and egg for supper)
25k per month

*Utility Bill (N11,000)
Gas 1500 per month
GoTv, Startimes 3000 per month
Internet for 2 2000 per month
Electricity and Comiunity Development and Seciurity 3000

*Miscelleneous ..(10,000)
*Mutual Fund Investment, Cryptocurrency and Stocks and Shares Purchase (N10,000)
*Savings (N5000)

TOTAL 80,000

estimate is based on if you and your wife are extreme gluttons that live to eat

Bottomline, Never Let others project thier fears on you.. If money alone was the fuel of a Succesful Marriage then Dangote and Adelek wouldnt be Divorcees

Guy your post is the most sensible I have seen and heard. Yes heard because this same topic was on the radio (Cool FM) last night.

I was baffled by the opinions of the female presenters and the few females that phoned in. Although, one of the presenters had a more realistic opinion but the others, SMH.

I wonder if these people don't realise that the level of income isn't static throughout marriage just as you pointed out. What happens when a lady marry someone earning say N200k and something happens shortly after the wedding and he is no longer earning as much but significantly lower, she would divorce him? undecided

Or what if he has bad spending habits and at the end of the day, the net disposable income for the family is nothing to write home about.

Like a lady said on a similar thread, there's always something for different levels. And that is just what you have highlighted.

My advice for any man thinking such is to just cut his coat according to his fabric and endeavour to marry a supportive lady who earns too no matter how little.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Guy Earning 50k Should Not Have Any Business Getting Married - Twitter Lady by kolafolabi(m): 8:33am On Oct 10, 2019
ecolime:
What of those earning N50,001?

Foolish gal

grin grin grin grin Bad boy
Re: Any Guy Earning 50k Should Not Have Any Business Getting Married - Twitter Lady by pocohantas(f): 8:36am On Oct 10, 2019
djoe21:

Guy your post is the most sensible I have seen and heard. Yes heard because this same topic was on the radio (Cool FM) last night.

I was baffled by the opinions of the female presenters and the few females that phoned in. Although, one of the presenters had a more realistic opinion but the others, SMH.

I wonder if these people don't realise that the level of income isn't static throughout marriage just as you pointed out. What happens when a lady marry someone earning say N200k and something happens shortly after the wedding and he is no longer earning as much but significantly lower, she would divorce him? undecided Or what if he has bad spending habits and at the end of the day, the net disposable income for the family is nothing to write home about.

Like a lady said on a similar thread, there's always something for different levels. And that is just what you have highlighted.

My advice for any man thinking such is to just cut his coat according to his fabric and endeavour to marry a supportive lady who earns too no matter how little.

All these "What ifs" always get very boring and stale.

What if you marry your wife and she loses her womb or legs? Would you divorce her? Would that make you marry a menopausal woman or cripple (apologies)?

The only problem I see here is her making her opinion seem like a standard. I will not go about saying such- but water must find its level...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Guy Earning 50k Should Not Have Any Business Getting Married - Twitter Lady by godofuck231: 8:37am On Oct 10, 2019
b0rn2fuck:
Hmmm, what happened when a guy earning 200k, got married. And in 2 months got sack, he should divorce his wife till he find a job again?
Let me amplify your predicament , if this said girl gets married to a man that looses his job , the marriage is automatically broken, she would stop having seen with him, emotional withdrawal , frustrate her husband to high blood pressure, cheat on him with a man who will give her money for sex, and break the marriage ,
The total summation is that this type is a home breaker! Hi tonto

1 Like

Re: Any Guy Earning 50k Should Not Have Any Business Getting Married - Twitter Lady by Emperor4tune(m): 8:38am On Oct 10, 2019
someone help me tell this olosho that with 50k & gud planing i can marry but not her type & still live hapily with my family,take care of their needs,am not living a fake life of competition,so Bleep out bastard

1 Like

Re: Any Guy Earning 50k Should Not Have Any Business Getting Married - Twitter Lady by luminouz(m): 8:38am On Oct 10, 2019
Mariangeles:

You're itching to hear that something bad happened to her shey ?
Nope darling. grin
Why would you think I'm a woman-hater?

Just wanted him to tell me the whole story.
I hate uncompleted stories.

1 Like

Re: Any Guy Earning 50k Should Not Have Any Business Getting Married - Twitter Lady by pocohantas(f): 8:38am On Oct 10, 2019
Acidosis:

Before na 30k, now 50k. Can't wait till it rises to N1m/month grin grin

Exactly what I said on the 30k thread.

Same thread, different salaries.

Can't everyone just find their spec and stop disturbing cyberspace? grin

2 Likes

Re: Any Guy Earning 50k Should Not Have Any Business Getting Married - Twitter Lady by oyinda1599(f): 8:42am On Oct 10, 2019
Jmk9292:
Don't mind that slowpoke joor
Re: Any Guy Earning 50k Should Not Have Any Business Getting Married - Twitter Lady by Odunharry(m): 8:44am On Oct 10, 2019
MrBrownJay1:
If this man's babe has a JOB, instead of being an "online preacher" on marital affairs, then that man can easily get married with even 30K
I just hope all those ladies shouting and preaching " Guys who earn a certain amount of money shouldn't get married" has equal amout as income or even more.

3 Likes

Re: Any Guy Earning 50k Should Not Have Any Business Getting Married - Twitter Lady by oyinda1599(f): 8:44am On Oct 10, 2019
UnknownJr:
Coming from someone who doesn't have anything to offer than her Toto.
I know it all ladies.

1 Like

Re: Any Guy Earning 50k Should Not Have Any Business Getting Married - Twitter Lady by djoe21(m): 8:47am On Oct 10, 2019
pocohantas:

All these "What ifs" always get very boring and stale.

What if you marry your wife and she loses her womb or legs? Would you divorce her? Would that make you marry a menopausal woman or cripple (apologies)?

The only problem I see here is her making her opinion seem like a standard. I will personally not go about saying such- but water must find its level...

I hope you realise a man can also lose his legs or manhood so to say. Would she divorce? So this your analogy is not really the case here. But if it were the case, I wouldn't. They are a lot of kids to be adopted.

3 Likes

Re: Any Guy Earning 50k Should Not Have Any Business Getting Married - Twitter Lady by Acidosis(m): 8:52am On Oct 10, 2019
pocohantas:

Exactly what I said on the 30k thread.
Same thread, different salaries.
Can't everyone just find their spec and stop disturbing cyberspace? grin
They must trend cheesy
Re: Any Guy Earning 50k Should Not Have Any Business Getting Married - Twitter Lady by pocohantas(f): 8:53am On Oct 10, 2019
djoe21:

I hope you realise a man can also lose his legs or manhood so to say. Would she divorce? So this your analogy is not really the case here. But if it were the case, I wouldn't. They are a lot of kids to be adopted.

Same way yours is not the case. Men also want financially stable ladies- WHAT IF she loses her job?

Quit the "What Ifs" already. Every time a woman has a choice, men will come out with all sorts of blackmails, threats and what-ifs. You guys have your own too, no one is asking you "what if?"

Yea right- I believe in unicorns.

3 Likes

Re: Any Guy Earning 50k Should Not Have Any Business Getting Married - Twitter Lady by godofuck231: 9:06am On Oct 10, 2019
When a woman isn't guieded she is bound to pick poisonous mushrooms home and cook for the family, our fore fathers have made laws governing we africans, the woman who decides to choose and pick Kola from the plate first before the elders , will end up paying a heavy fine or remain unmarried because no man wants to get married to a woman who has no understanding how society works, women with dangerous ideas are dead on arrival to marriage .

4 Likes

Re: Any Guy Earning 50k Should Not Have Any Business Getting Married - Twitter Lady by nonix22(m): 9:06am On Oct 10, 2019
I which it was possible to give this comment a thousand likes
Jmk9292:
Re: Any Guy Earning 50k Should Not Have Any Business Getting Married - Twitter Lady by Acidosis(m): 9:08am On Oct 10, 2019
tosyne2much:
Misleading advice!

70% of Nigerians don't even earn up 50k per month, so does it mean those getting married every Saturday earn above 50k?

They get f00led with all the paparazzi and big event centre decor. If only they know the sponsors (mostly company, parents, uncles) of these flamboyant weddings, they'd understand that most of the time, both elegantly-dressed groom and bride don't earn N200k/monthly (combined). cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Any Guy Earning 50k Should Not Have Any Business Getting Married - Twitter Lady by Oblongata: 9:14am On Oct 10, 2019
Mariangeles:

When you say " got married ", do you mean you did all the marriage rites ? Or just cohabiting?
Are you Igbo or Yoruba ? You must be Yoruba because it can NEVER WORK that way in Igbo land.
we did court wedding at first

Traditional 2 years later

I am Yoruba .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bride Points Gun At Groom In Wedding Day Photoshoot / Man Gifts His Bride A Car At Their Traditional Wedding In Anambra (Photos) / Nigerian Lady Gets Mercedes Benz S Class As Birthday Gift From Boo (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.