Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

Knowing The Dirty Games Men Play: On Males And Monogamy 1 - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Knowing The Dirty Games Men Play: On Males And Monogamy 1 (2517 Views)

GAMES MEN PLAY: All Ubunja has In Life Is The Audacity / Dirty Games Men Play: MALES AND MONOGAMY 2 / Why Do Women Hate Seeing Their Men Play Video Games? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Knowing The Dirty Games Men Play: On Males And Monogamy 1 by Eyeness: 9:45pm On Oct 09, 2019
Growing up, we are taught to think that men are polygamous in nature, they are hirdwired to want as many partners as possible thereby entitled and prone to infidelity. Meanwhile women are hotwired to be monogamous and to have one mate for most of her reproductive career. Are women really monogamous?

Contrary to popular belief, it is unlikely that women are monogamous. In a scientific study, it was found that female primate species were naturally opportunistic , mating with as many males as possible to secure more resources for her and her children and purposely confuse paternity. .This was because females lived longer than males and needed more resources to take care of her offspring, especially as carrying young affects one's productivity.

Nature has made it so that males are to compete for the right to reproduce so that only strong genes make it to the next generation. Billions of sperm compete fiercely to fertilise one egg. But a large responsibility of rearing young lands of the female. Child rearing is capital intensive so both male and females had to adapt. females by poly amory, getting resources from many men, not by monogamy.

Since females were not monogamous, males had to resort to what we call mate-guarding in order to ensure they had reproductive rights to a female and be sure of paternity of her offspring. Mate guarding is the physical guarding of a female in order to deny rival males the opportunity to mate with her and is one of the most commonly used defensive strategies observed in mammals. Take note this is very important because :ALL MALES ARE HARDWIRED TO MATE GUARD.

Some male species like chimpanzees have resorted to abusive tactics to mate guard, but human men have taken it up a notch through the use of misogyny. Let's use romanceland as an example, it is filled with more men than women, more misogynistic men are opening female bashing threads, these are the same men that will later slide into your DMs and when they receive a non favorable response, resort to bashing you online to make you less attractive to other men. Has it clicked yet?keep reading

Mate guarding tactics like misogyny, among others,lessens the burden of male mate competition. Why? Because it is easy to bully a woman into submission and cripple her ability to be independent of men in society, than it is to fight off other men. Ever notice how men who beat women can't fight other men? Or reduces his violent frequencies when other men come to her aid and beat him up? Same thing.

Encouraging monogamy and dependence in females, decreases infighting in males and increases infighting in females. Instead of men competing for women, women have to compete for valuable resources from a single valuable male. This role reversal allows men to have the advantage by having ownership a single woman and giving him more time to pursue others instead of fighting off potential rivals. Marriage benefits men a lot more than they want you to believe.

This is why the concept of a 'gold digger' or a 'ho' is demonized by men in society today. It twarts male control over natural opportunitistic female mating patterns.

Ever noticed that 'hoes' and 'golddiggers' end up with successful partners, because these women know how to seize opportunities and trigger the male mate guarding instinct.

Wanna know how to use mate guarding to your advantage in dating ? Anticipate in part 2.
Amatarasha
rehkina
funmmyastic
blackivy27
lefulefu
Ubunja
Martinez29
airforce1
safiaa
pocohantas
adabieku
husbandsnatcha
pettyprincess
funmisticqueen
AstroG
dairykidd

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Knowing The Dirty Games Men Play: On Males And Monogamy 1 by Magnoliaa(f): 9:56pm On Oct 09, 2019
hm, it's clicking. This is very interesting... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Knowing The Dirty Games Men Play: On Males And Monogamy 1 by Magnoliaa(f): 10:00pm On Oct 09, 2019
But both genders compete for the other. I don't just know who do it more.

1 Like

Re: Knowing The Dirty Games Men Play: On Males And Monogamy 1 by Eyeness: 10:02pm On Oct 09, 2019
Magnoliaa:
hm, it's clicking. This is very interesting... cheesy
Glad it is clicking
Re: Knowing The Dirty Games Men Play: On Males And Monogamy 1 by Eyeness: 10:03pm On Oct 09, 2019
Magnoliaa:
yes they do, women compete too, but men has had mateguarding advantages for centuries
Re: Knowing The Dirty Games Men Play: On Males And Monogamy 1 by Nobody: 10:07pm On Oct 09, 2019
This is so true, i can relate to this. Lovely article
Re: Knowing The Dirty Games Men Play: On Males And Monogamy 1 by pansophist(m): 10:11pm On Oct 09, 2019
Firstly, mate guarding is not a gendered phenomenon. It is practiced by both males and females equally. Secondly, a woman may be non-monogamous, or polyamorous as you called it, but this is practiced usually before securing the best male she can attract, as she can only get resources from a single male. For men, it is quantity, for women, it is quality.

As an analogy, men are like Bluetooth, he is connected to you while you're nearby, but searches for other devices when you're away (quantity), meanwhile, women are like wifi, she sees all the available devices but connects to the strongest one (quality).

cc. Martinez39

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Knowing The Dirty Games Men Play: On Males And Monogamy 1 by Eyeness: 10:16pm On Oct 09, 2019
pansophist:
Firstly, mate guarding is not a gendered phenomenon. It is practiced by both male and female equally. Secondly, a woman may be non-monogamous, or polyamorous as you called it, but this is practiced usually before securing the best male she can attract, as she can only get resources from a single male. For men, it is quantity, for women, it is quality.

Men are like bluetooth, he is connected to you while you're nearby, but searches for other devices when you're away (quantity), meanwhile, women are like wifi, she sees all the available devices, but connects to the strongest one.

misogyny and mate guarding has started. i will not argue, for it is not my way. thanks for your input dearsmiley

1 Like

Re: Knowing The Dirty Games Men Play: On Males And Monogamy 1 by Korllami007: 10:19pm On Oct 09, 2019
Eyeness:
misogyny and mate guarding has started. i will not argue, for it is not my way. thanks for your input dearsmiley

You will start ruining your own thread.

4 Likes

Re: Knowing The Dirty Games Men Play: On Males And Monogamy 1 by Eyeness: 10:21pm On Oct 09, 2019
Korllami007:

You will start ruining your own thread.
thanks for your input dear smiley
Re: Knowing The Dirty Games Men Play: On Males And Monogamy 1 by pansophist(m): 10:26pm On Oct 09, 2019
Eyeness:
misogyny and mate guarding have started. I will not argue, for it is not my way. thanks for your input dearsmiley

In your need to bash men, You wrote some of rubbishes, I pointed out the flaws in your writeup, and somehow, in your view, a correction has become misogyny. Typical.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Knowing The Dirty Games Men Play: On Males And Monogamy 1 by pharrell8(m): 11:14pm On Oct 09, 2019
Hmm... Dr Love wink

1 Like

Re: Knowing The Dirty Games Men Play: On Males And Monogamy 1 by liquidfaya: 11:40pm On Oct 09, 2019
So Sandra8 resurfaces as Eyeness smh.

Yet still manages to be devoid of sense.

So you decided to drop the MISEDUCATIONS logo
Re: Knowing The Dirty Games Men Play: On Males And Monogamy 1 by Nobody: 11:44pm On Oct 09, 2019
liquidfaya:
So Sandra8 resurfaces as Eyeness smh.

Yet still manages to be devoid of sense.

So you decided to drop the MISEDUCATIONS logo
Leave her alone. She's free to express herself any how she deems fit with out you guys attacking her tooth and nail. If it lack sense, spare yourself and your mb the stress by ignoring. Like we do ilekokonit and his likes. That being civil..

2 Likes

Re: Knowing The Dirty Games Men Play: On Males And Monogamy 1 by liquidfaya: 11:45pm On Oct 09, 2019
Blackivy27:
Leave her alone. She's free to express herself any how she deems fit with out you guys attacking her tooth and nail. If it lack sense, spare yourself and your mb the stress by ignoring. Like we do ilekokonit and his likes. That being civil..
lmfao. You want peace? Not in this life...

1 Like

Re: Knowing The Dirty Games Men Play: On Males And Monogamy 1 by Nobody: 11:54pm On Oct 09, 2019
liquidfaya:
lmfao. You want peace? Not in this life...
Peace isnt a Priviledge to be denied but a Right of all. Let her write, in peace.
Re: Knowing The Dirty Games Men Play: On Males And Monogamy 1 by liquidfaya: 12:00am On Oct 10, 2019
Blackivy27:
Peace isnt a Priviledge to be denied but a Right of all. Let her write, in peace.
she'll write. But she must not expect everyone to clap for her. Who is she? Even God has a hater. We all have haters.
Re: Knowing The Dirty Games Men Play: On Males And Monogamy 1 by Heroclitus(m): 12:05am On Oct 10, 2019
She writes like she'd been preparing for war since a very long time...it's more of an attack against a particular gender than an Eye-opener for all

1 Like

Re: Knowing The Dirty Games Men Play: On Males And Monogamy 1 by Nobody: 12:09am On Oct 10, 2019
liquidfaya:
she'll write. But she must not expect everyone to clap for her. Who is she? Even God has a hater. We all have haters.
Ofcourse. No one can be loved by everyone. But let he have the chance to be either loved or hated.
Re: Knowing The Dirty Games Men Play: On Males And Monogamy 1 by liquidfaya: 12:17am On Oct 10, 2019
Blackivy27:
Ofcourse. No one can be loved by everyone. But let he have the chance to be either loved or hated.
alright. I hear you.
Re: Knowing The Dirty Games Men Play: On Males And Monogamy 1 by Alexaonfleek: 1:58am On Oct 10, 2019
Hmmm.

This table you are shaking........ grin cheesy grin grin

But it's weird how naturally the population of women is higher than that of men.its naturally assumed that men have more fair share of women than women do with men.

As for those bashing the op,you have data.go ahead and open your thread where u can insult women all u like.shes just simply writing what she thinks

2 Likes

Re: Knowing The Dirty Games Men Play: On Males And Monogamy 1 by Godtschild: 2:35am On Oct 10, 2019
This is false. I am going to assume this is just your opinion though, so it’s not based on facts.
pansophist:
Firstly, mate guarding is not a gendered phenomenon. It is practiced by both males and females equally. Secondly, a woman may be non-monogamous, or polyamorous as you called it, but this is practiced usually before securing the best male she can attract, as she can only get resources from a single male. For men, it is quantity, for women, it is quality.

As an analogy, men are like Bluetooth, he is connected to you while you're nearby, but searches for other devices when you're away (quantity), meanwhile, women are like wifi, she sees all the available devices but connects to the strongest one.

Re: Knowing The Dirty Games Men Play: On Males And Monogamy 1 by Omar09(m): 3:19am On Oct 10, 2019
pansophist:

As an analogy, men are like Bluetooth, he is connected to you while you're nearby, but searches for other devices when you're away (quantity), meanwhile, women are like wifi, she sees all the available devices but connects to the strongest one.

Oga this your hammer no miss road. E hit the nail on the head. Confirm man.

1 Like

Re: Knowing The Dirty Games Men Play: On Males And Monogamy 1 by Eyeness: 8:40am On Oct 10, 2019
Alexaonfleek:
Hmmm.
This table you are shaking........ grin cheesy grin grin
I've booked my space Sha
i am about to shake more tables in the future
Re: Knowing The Dirty Games Men Play: On Males And Monogamy 1 by Eyeness: 8:42am On Oct 10, 2019
Heroclitus:
She writes like she'd been preparing for war since a very long time...it's more of an attack against a particular gender than an Eye-opener for all
i cannot claim responsibility for the way you choose to interpret my writeup
Re: Knowing The Dirty Games Men Play: On Males And Monogamy 1 by cooooooks(m): 8:55am On Oct 10, 2019
Everybody should learn what agrees with their souls from all these miseducations.

Remember that these OPs are also learning too. Don't base your decisions solely on their write ups.

Don't put sand in your own garri.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Knowing The Dirty Games Men Play: On Males And Monogamy 1 by pansophist(m): 9:16am On Oct 10, 2019
Heroclitus:

Of course. You can see how she is in harmony with everyone that agree with her post, but if you constructively challenge her submission, instead of her to respond appropriately, she will either dismiss or call you a misogynist.

Behaviours like these are exactly what will make their write up to not gain the public appeal she want it to. One must be able to defend their stance. Bravery is about how you arrived at your conclusion, not necessary the conclusion in itself.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Knowing The Dirty Games Men Play: On Males And Monogamy 1 by Funmmyastic: 12:30pm On Oct 10, 2019
Nice one Op.
Re: Knowing The Dirty Games Men Play: On Males And Monogamy 1 by Nobody: 12:31pm On Oct 10, 2019
Male do it more.
Magnoliaa:
Re: Knowing The Dirty Games Men Play: On Males And Monogamy 1 by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 10, 2019
Modified: So, although I enjoy these writes ups for FYI proposes... I am struggling to find the use for this information other than for the sake of it (Nat geo shows) how do I use it in my day to day life. I don't want multiple partners, and I don't want to guard no man....I appreciate the fact that humanity has travelled from primitive man and woman so they are not my role models.

Still looking forward to part 2 grin

1 Like

Re: Knowing The Dirty Games Men Play: On Males And Monogamy 1 by Eyeness: 12:51pm On Oct 10, 2019
Funmmyastic:
Nice one Op.
Thank you.
I just want to clarify something, i am not Sandra8
Re: Knowing The Dirty Games Men Play: On Males And Monogamy 1 by Funmmyastic: 12:53pm On Oct 10, 2019
Eyeness:
Thank you.
I just want to clarify something, i am not Sandra8

Okay,nice meeting you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help,how Do I Confront Her!!! / Video Of Ghanaian Female Soldier Ch£w!ng Her Boyfriend Hits Social Media / Reasons Why I Will Marry A Virgin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.