Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,656 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious (7363 Views)

Okonjo-Iweala: Oshiomhole After Me Because I Blocked His ‘Dubious N15bn Loan’ / Atiku Formed Dubious Coalition With Saraki And Obj Because Of 2019 - Omatseye / 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by ebeledi(m): 2:59am On May 24, 2007
no body is attacking the poster, we are just being realistic. it is true that nigeria has greedy politicians and ignorant ones for president (no president in naija has ever been educated, so what do you expect) but it is way out of line to say that 99 percent of your own people are dubvious and corrrupt. nigerias population is mostly of at least 51 percent youths. so are you saying children under the age of 15 are really contributing to the so called statistic that came from some stupid idiot.

i am sick of this stuff. most of the people who talk about naija are the ones living in europe or yankee with all the money, but when they go to their own country how do they treat it, what has this so called poster done for nigeria or the people

its about what you can do for your country not what your country can do for you

NAIJA till I DIE
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by Afam(m): 10:00am On May 24, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

Interesting how people are bashing this guy. I don't know if I will agree with the percentage but in reality, most Nigerians are either corrupt or dubious at one time or the other in their life. The stats is out there for us to see. Leaders, senators public servant and even businessmen in the local market. I am a Nigerian, and I've been a victim of all this dubious activities in the past. people should be constructive and debate the issue and stop attacking the poster.

The statement above can only come from someone that shares the same mindset with the particular post that some of us have taken great exception to. What a shame. Masking deep rooted hatred based on tribal sentiments is bad.
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by laudate: 12:06pm On May 24, 2007
Afam:

The statement above can only come from someone that shares the same mindset with the particular post that some of us have taken great exception to. What a shame. Masking deep rooted hatred based on tribal sentiments is bad.

My friend, please preach it! Let us hope the tribalistic cartel are listening!
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by wetinde(m): 1:57pm On May 24, 2007
Look our problem is not that we are corrupt we just do not know how to be discreet when stealing and worst of all we boast about it. In America and the Uk there are big boys that put their children into power and then during a drink at the bar or duriing a round of golf on the course the big boy will tell the child to award him a contract worth millions with a promise to compensate him. In Nigeria on the other hand we will the child in power will dip his hand in the federal purse without covering his tracks.

One thing we must remember is that there is hope as the judicial system is getting a lot mire transparent than in the past and we pray the future will hold better things.

[/b] We just need to learn the modern methods of politics which we are lacking[b]
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by bam07(m): 8:11pm On May 25, 2007
[color=#000099][/color][i][/i]This is a Topic that The Govt. have to look into. It is very bad for we Nigerians to be damaging our image because of Money. I hope is very crucial matter. for example, One cannot even make friends on net again, immediately they hear you are from Nigeria, is another story entirely even the Nigerias that a even staying abroad cannot trust we in presently. I hope the New Govt. coming in will make changes so that the image of Nigeria will come out in a respective way.
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by olutomiwa(m): 8:11pm On May 25, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

Interesting how people are bashing this guy. I don't know if I will agree with the percentage but in reality, most Nigerians are either corrupt or dubious at one time or the other in their life.   The stats is out there for us to see.  Leaders, senators public servant and even businessmen in the local market.  I am a Nigerian, and I've been a victim of all this dubious activities in the past.  people should be constructive and debate the issue and stop attacking the poster.
this does not prove or mean that 99% of nigerians are corrupt or dubious,i totally beg to DISAGREE with that his statistics,morever which country in the world is not corrupt?abeg no let oyinbo fool you,dey too dey CORRPUTED permit me to use that grammar.
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by goziegbe: 8:53am On May 26, 2007
imagine a situation where you're stopped by the police and your papers are not complete, and all u have to do is give them some change and u are on your way. Will u take adv of that or would u rather they took u to the traffic board, when you're probably late because of traffic. What i'm saying is, as long as there is a bribe option, people will always take it if it pays them.

Corruption Begets Corruption. When your boss or someone u hold in high esteem is involved in corruption and everyone knows about it, he has given his junior colleagues/ wards the permission to do the same, as he won't be able to report them or tell them off, because he did the same once. Which is kind of a silent blackmail and so it continues.

It is also in the blood as most of us are used to that way of life. When things get a little tough, we automatically think of how to pay someone off, or rig it, or falsify documents and so on.

If the option is not there, naija will be better.
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by dblock(m): 12:19pm On May 26, 2007
I believe that Americans and Britons are just as corrupt as Nigerians. The only fifference is that a westerner will pull strings to benefit himself, as long as it doesn't sabotage progress in his country.

George Bush is corrupt and so is Tony Blair. They are just as corrupt as Sani Abacha, Mobutu and Idi Amin. They only thing is Africans tend to be the Unpatriotic Corrupt type, but Westerners are the patriotic corrupt type.

Abacha stole money and so does George Bush, but Abacha stole for himself and George Bush steals for America. George Bush isn't investigated, because, he has partners in the G8, like Tony Blair etc. His Image is not tarnished because western media accounts for most of the media output in the world. Western companies like CNN and BBc, tend to see things as per the American or British Perspective.

@Topic, 99% of Nigerians maybe corrupt, but 99% of Americans are also corrupt.

Such a thread is the result of oppression that has been delibrately induced on our people.
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by gidig(m): 3:09pm On May 26, 2007
I have had to skip so many posts in order to make my contribution and this is it. For any individual to believe that about 99% of Nigerians are dubious and corrupt says so much about the mind of such individual. Apart from the fact that it is an insult to me personally as a Nigerian who does not belong to that assumed 99% grouping, for any young person with his future ahead of him to accept an identity that is not necessarily his or hers) is unfortunate.

We may have our challenges as a Nation and I will not be hypocritical to deny that but to define who we are and all we can possibly be by that is the tragedy. You may want to come across as being frank when you accept that identity and simply have it registered in your Psyche that you are part of a nation of thieves. When men of integrity gather in any forum and there is no door for you to leave, because you have aleday judged yourself, you will create a exit for yourself! Most of the what we will become starts from within us.If you have accepted that you are of a corrupt stock, you are not redeemable!
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by olutomiwa(m): 3:33pm On May 26, 2007
goziegbe:

imagine a situation where you're stopped by the police and your papers are not complete, and all u have to do is give them some change and u are on your way. Will u take adv of that or would u rather they took u to the traffic board, when you're probably late because of traffic. What i'm saying is, as long as there is a bribe option, people will always take it if it pays them.

Corruption Begets Corruption. When your boss or someone u hold in high esteem is involved in corruption and everyone knows about it, he has given his junior colleagues/ wards the permission to do the same, as he won't be able to report them or tell them off, because he did the same once. Which is kind of a silent blackmail and so it continues.

It is also in the blood as most of us are used to that way of life. When things get a little tough, we automatically think of how to pay someone off, or rig it, or falsify documents and so on.

If the option is not there, naija will be better.
it still does not mean that 99%of nigerians are corrupt not even 99%of the police are corrupt,we still have some nice professionals among dem.
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by finemocha(f): 9:58pm On May 26, 2007
hey man

i agree most nigerians are dubious and selfish
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by 9ja4eva: 5:12am On May 27, 2007
Not only Nigerians.
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by heyma: 8:33pm On May 27, 2007
ebeledi:

, what has this so called poster done for nigeria or the people

[s]

stupid question; totally unrelated to topic [/s]angry
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by goziegbe: 9:46pm On May 27, 2007
[color=#990000]THIS IS FOR OLUTOMIWA[/color]

when people use the figure, "99%", it means "most", not Literally 99%. if we count the number of nigerians that are corrupt, i'm sure they are not even close to 70%.  So, lets not get hooked on actual figures please.
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by dblock(m): 8:09am On May 28, 2007
Ebeledi speaks the truth.

99% of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Duboius
These are the words of a Ego Bloated, overfed Oppressed fool.
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by heyma: 12:43pm On May 28, 2007
dblock:

I believe that Americans and Britons are just as corrupt as Nigerians. The only fifference is that a westerner will pull strings to benefit himself, as long as it doesn't sabotage progress in his country.

George Bush is corrupt and so is Tony Blair. They are just as corrupt as Sani Abacha, Mobutu and Idi Amin. They only thing is Africans tend to be the Unpatriotic Corrupt type, but Westerners are the patriotic corrupt type.

Abacha stole money and so does George Bush, but Abacha stole for himself and George Bush steals for America. George Bush isn't investigated, because, he has partners in the G8, like Tony Blair etc. His Image is not tarnished because western media accounts for most of the media output in the world. Western companies like CNN and BBc, tend to see things as per the American or British Perspective.

@Topic, 99% of Nigerians maybe corrupt, but 99% of Americans are also corrupt.

Such a thread is the result of oppression that has been delibrately induced on our people.

that would have been enough. not

dblock:

Ebeledi speaks the truth.
These are the words of a Ego Bloated, overfed Oppressed fool.

Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by 50kobo: 4:06pm On May 28, 2007
i get the poster's point, maybe 99 is an exageration, but we have a high propensity to be dubious, everyone is struggling to survive , and most nigerians will do whatever they can (wether legal or illegal) to survive. police bribes, exam malpractices etc, are all prevalent in the country, most people are trying to outsmart others, however in nigeria you do find honest people, who wont give bribe to the police , who will always pay their taxes , they are there, but i doubt if they represent up to 50% of the population,
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by dblock(m): 10:49pm On May 28, 2007
Here's another stat.

Nigerians in Diaspora have the biggest mouths. They think they are Royalty, hence they speak nonsense
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by DisGuy: 11:21pm On May 28, 2007
Abroad is the best place there are limos as long as stadiums, there are buildings that reach up to the sky and most of all not only is there stable electicity there is plus electicity, so when there is an outage it's taken care of by the magic of excess before you even sense it, and there are jobs everywhere it's heaven on earth, those of you in naija that can afford to come, come and stay, those of you who can't you must swim because it's worth it.
Just look at this scrape sky building and there are millions more of these all over oyibo land.

dblock, guess who said this  wink

time don change uh?
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by dblock(m): 6:53am On May 29, 2007
That was a joke My friend. I was trying to be funny. wink

I posted that a long time ago. Nothing has changed. I was just joking. wink
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by emeka213: 8:00am On May 29, 2007
[color=#990000][/color]

I THINK IT IS HIGH TIME WE STOP THIS CURUPTION STUFF ALTHOUGH WE WILL STILL HAVE TO DISCUSS THEM @ ONE POINT OR THE OTHER BUT I WILL ADVICE A CHANGE IN OUR THOUGHT ABOUT HOW WE SEE OUR DEAR COUNTRY, FOE ALL WE CARE WE ARE ALL NIGERIANS NO MATTER WHERE WE MAY RESIDE ANY WHERE IN THE WORLD THE NIGERIAN BLOG RUNS IN US.
I BID US ALL TO CHANGE OUR ORIENTATION ABOUT NIGERIA @ LARGE,I THINK OUR PROBLEMS ARE WE ALL ALREADY HAVE A MIND SET THAT NIGERIA IS ALREADY DUBIOUS COUNTRY, FOR INSTANCE OUR OUT GOING GOVT IT IS EASY TO SAY THEY HAVE NOT DONE ANYTHING,EVEN THOUGH THEY HAVE DONE ANY THING WE WILL STILL SAY THEY HAVE NOT THIS IS JUST BECAUSE OUR MINDSET IS ALREADY FACING THE OTHER WAY ROUND,WE NEED TO BEGING TO SEE RIGHT ,THINK RIGHT WITHOUT THIS WE WILL BE OPERATING IN THE PAST WHILE WE ARE IN THE PRESENT. LET US BE OPTIMISTIC ABOUT THIS CHANGE WE ARE PREACHING.
WWW.NUNUGERIA..COM
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by MP007(m): 8:08am On May 29, 2007
due to the poverty experience, for america there dream is self actualization

for naija , we stil dey look for food , housing and stuffs like that , so no blam e us
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by seun001(m): 7:28pm On May 30, 2007
na wa ooo!!!i do know every nigerian has a tendency to play a fast one on his neighbor.this is about instinct.we do have a predator like approach to life.abeg just say it as it is and stop trying to be a saint. it is in us to make it anywhere we find ourselves.though i must admit some of us tend to take it over the limit and thats where corruption sets in.after hitting it big,u family comes next abi if u dey for govt and u no help ur family,dem go wash ur head for flowing water.
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by vigasimple(m): 7:52pm On Jun 09, 2007
I must disagree with you.

I think less than 25% are corrupt and dubious. The once are the most vocal and steal  99% of the monies and stupid enough to get caught like Alam, Atiku and his congressman friend.

Because of the poverty and ordinary people seeing what is going on in the country, they either check out and unable to get the mentality quickly out of the system once abroad or
remain in nigeria and try to find themselves in politics, public office or big company and start stealing, even the police are the expat in corruption imagine successive IGP stealing over 1Bilion naira.

PDTF monies changing hands like foreing exchange shop.

There is one foul cry that the whole world does on Nigeria particularly the develop world. It is not an excuse but they gang up with our leaders and abuse us once they have stolen our monies.They have to talk us down for it is part of the tool of economic warfare so that once we are not credible we cannot rise and our people fall for it and that is why the person who started this thread fall for it. Nigerias are slightly corrupt more than the average people over the world but the diffrence is not even up to 10% diffrent

Some days ago British were said to have given a Saudi Prince about £1Billion pounds, so are they more corrupt than Nigerians or vice versa.

SOLUTIONS

Funny enough is simple.

1. credible leaders with vision.
2. Build basic and relaible infrastructure- electricty , good schools, hospital and good road network, cheap food.

Once people have this we would be able to isolate greed and thieves.

Most people who encourage their family to steal in govt is due partly to extreme suffereing they expreienced and they need some 'social security'

In England some 15-20 years ago I remember people used to steal Video recorder or car stereo and sell it for peanuts as it is not generally available, now nobody even take them if you leave them outside your door.

Once people have basic things and generally clean leaders you will see.

God will bless Nigeria and her people we shall arise and shine and every negative ways or labelling in our lives we cast you out in the name of the mighty GOd. Amen
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by MILITIA(f): 8:38pm On Jun 10, 2007
@vigasimple

STORY? STORY?-------------------STORY!

And una dey curse Jejj Koinange and CNN reports?  Please make we try remove the firewood when dey for we eyes first!  A country where you cannot get any honesty even in the most high religious "palaces"!  If the househelp tells you simple 'goodmorning' you have to check your timepiece to confirm! shocked  Nigerians are #1 world class liars--from the little 1 yr old in the crib abi na bassinet to the agbalagba for village!  My take---very dishonest people! Please address the real issues jo!  I am a Nigerian abi--so I know my people! grin  Make we try change.  The first step is to recognize the "genetic propensity" for corruption.  iT IS IN BORN! That is why when we go to other countries, we cannot fit in. Because hard work is not an option. Lying, stealing, cheating,--grade A performance! This matter needs serious research!.  AVOID DENIAL OR SELF DECEPTION! sad

Please don't mention other countries oh! We are not making a qualitative or quantitative comparative study in racial or regional corruption! Look at the topic---It is about Nigeria not the world! cool
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by chiegemba(f): 10:17pm On Jun 10, 2007
@9ja4eva; this ur joint sef tongue
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jun 11, 2007
The truth is that most Nigerian are Lawless. We do not obey simple laws even when its for our safety, we dont wear seat belts, we make calls while driving, we dont use over head bridges when we get caught we try to bribe law enforcement officers. We need to change our little little lawlessness before we point our fingers at our leaders.
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by seun001(m): 8:02pm On Jun 11, 2007
tell them ooo!!make dem hear.every nigerian is intrinsically groomed to be a sharp man no matter the situation.we have chronic liars both in govt and outside of it.even the pastors will never pass up an opportunity to play on ur emotions(e no dey their bible).so abeg 99.9999% of nigerians including half casts will always play a sharp man wherever and whenever the need arises.
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by MP007(m): 9:19am On Jun 24, 2007
vigasimple:

I think less than 25% are corrupt and dubious. The once are the most vocal and steal 99% of the monies and stupid enough to get caught like Alam, Atiku and his congressman friend.

Because of the poverty and ordinary people seeing what is going on in the country, they either check out and unable to get the mentality quickly out of the system once abroad or
remain in nigeria and try to find themselves in politics, public office or big company and start stealing, even the police are the expat in corruption imagine successive IGP stealing over 1Bilion naira.

There is one foul cry that the whole world does on Nigeria particularly the develop world. It is not an excuse but they gang up with our leaders and abuse us once they have stolen our monies.They have to talk us down for it is part of the tool of economic warfare so that once we are not credible we cannot rise and our people fall for it and that is why the person who started this thread fall for it. Nigerias are slightly corrupt more than the average people over the world but the diffrence is not even up to 10% diffrent

Some days ago British were said to have given a Saudi Prince about £1Billion pounds, so are they more corrupt than Nigerians or vice versa.

SOLUTIONS

Funny enough is simple.

2. Build basic and relaible infrastructure- electricty , good schools, hospital and good road network, cheap food.

Most people who encourage their family to steal in govt is due partly to extreme suffereing they expreienced and they need some 'social security'

In England some 15-20 years ago I remember people used to steal Video recorder or car stereo and sell it for peanuts as it is not generally available, now nobody even take them if you leave them outside your door.

God will bless Nigeria and her people we shall arise and shine and every negative ways or labelling in our lives we cast you out in the name of the mighty GOd. Amen

where are u geetting ur statics from>?
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by 9ja4eva: 1:46am On Jun 25, 2007
vigasimple:

I think less than 25% are corrupt and dubious. The once are the most vocal and steal 99% of the monies and stupid enough to get caught like Alam, Atiku and his congressman friend.

SOLUTIONS

Funny enough is simple.

True word
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by denex: 2:18am On Jun 25, 2007
These are some of the Scam formats that the FBI is aware of among American con artists:

Jury selection Fraud
Telemarketing fraud
Identity Fraud
Health Insurance Fraud
Medicare Fraud
Travelling Salesmen
Penis Enlargement Frauds
View Webcam
Stocks/Shares Scam
Letter of Credit Fraud
Home Delivery Fraud
Primary Bank Note
Ponzi Scheme
Pyramid Scheme
Gadget Inventors Scam
College Scholarship Scam
Credit Card Fraud
Investment Fraud
Business Fraud
Counterfeit Prescription Drugs
Funeral and Cemetery Fraud
Fraudulent Anti-Aging Products
Franchise Fraud
Internet Auction Fraud
Visa Lottery Fraud
Poetry Competition Scam.
Non-Delivery of Merchandise
Casino Cheats
Mortgage Fraud.

The one I found the most amazing and most cruel is the alibi scam. If any of your relatives is in jail or on trial and is still pleading innocent, the con artiste will come to you and claim that he is a witness to the fact that your relative didn't commit the crime,

Then not forgetting corruption in the form of laundering shareholders' funds in $billions viz worldcom, enron, tyco,parmalat.

Then talk of Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld and the White House Cabal.

US orders fifteen made in America Boeing C-17 air planes for the military at $3.3billion each. Meanwhile other countries buy it at $2.5billion.

Nigeria, una still dey learn. How many yahoo format dey? Lottery, Next of Kin, Money Order, Disaster Charity Fraud, Romance Scams, War Casualty, what else?

Have you guys looked at your Bulk Mail in recent times? All those mails you see there, what do you think they are.

Una never even know Steve Comisar wey dey prison dey serve sentence for Fraud, still throw format from Prison and catch Maga. Abeg Nigeria, una still be "Omomo" for corruption.

Una no know the level of corruption wey the italian, russian and chinese Mafia dey contribute, drug dealing, money laundering even up to the entertainment industry. Please, Nigeria is still a foetus where Baba like America and Phillipines dey. We still be sperm.
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by seun001(m): 7:21am On Jun 25, 2007
US orders fifteen made in America Boeing C-17 air planes for the military at $3.3billion each. Meanwhile other countries buy it at $2.5billion.

dnt really have anything to say as per ur analysis bt i beg to disagree on this one.cos America will likely have more custom made gadgets which a deal will be struck not to be made in any other military plane.i think thats exactly wot they are paying for.cheers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FEC Approves Seven New Road Projects Across The Six Geo-political Zones / APC Membership Registration: Senator Kalu Urges Ndigbo To Join The Party / Justice Nyanko To Demand For Kanu Repatriation Papers Before Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.