Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,782 members, 7,820,739 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious (7372 Views)

Okonjo-Iweala: Oshiomhole After Me Because I Blocked His ‘Dubious N15bn Loan’ / Atiku Formed Dubious Coalition With Saraki And Obj Because Of 2019 - Omatseye / 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by 9ja4eva: 12:48am On May 21, 2007
Am among d 1% not corrupt n dubious
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by heyma: 12:51am On May 21, 2007
romeo:

hahahha i think u got what u wanted anu ofia

down south? where trying to say Malaga?

[s]Ewu shut up I know where malaga is and I know mallora, Ibiza and Balama[/s]

Hey clifford, it must be fun out there earning alot of money.
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by heyma: 12:53am On May 21, 2007
9ja4eva:

Am among d 1% not corrupt n dubious

Thank you, that's what we should be discussing. That is what the thread was made for.
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by guvna(m): 1:32am On May 21, 2007
1st of all I think the guy that gave you that estimate of the percentage of corrupt Nigerians has no clue as to what he's saying (his intellectual capacity most be deficient) especially if he was really trying to put forward a valid argument or point. Where did he get that percentage from? The Time magazine or was it the Economist poll on their fact finding mission??

2ndly he must be a disgruntled citizen to bash the country that hard (maybe he was a criminal himself - reformed or unreformed). Though the country is no doubt adversely suffering from the negative effects of corruption, no-one can put an estimate of the percentage to the fact especially one that is that high and ridiculous. Any report on the effects of corruption should say is that its a country that has really suffered from the negative effects of corruption from wide areas of its institutions.

Corruption is a state of mind its, a social thing, it is common in certain areas or institutions, you cant quite measure who's corrupt or not without deep flaws. Just like saying 17% of the French are moral people and the rest of the 83% are immoral.

Anyways are you writing a paper on this or something? If it was 99% corrupt, I guess the U.S or Europe would soon be finding a cause to justify an invasion for weapons or institutions of mass corruption. Was that where u were getting at? grin
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by omoge25(f): 4:33am On May 21, 2007
@ topic
and your point is?
when you post this who is this helping, is anyone actually getting anything positive from reading that the country of your birth is 99% corrupt. Me i know naija is not perfect, but is there anywhere that is? Naija is not perfect but good ppl live and work there everyday.
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by ebeledi(m): 5:13am On May 21, 2007
who ever made such a stupid comment is corrupt himself and hates his own people.
people are not inherently evil by nationality, tribe, race, etc.
it all depends on who the person is

who ever made this post needs to consider that how someone acts is not defined by their nationality

very stupid post if you ask me
im sure who ever made said the comment is corrupt themselves,
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by smile4kenn(m): 8:55am On May 21, 2007
i think its 99.999% that is corrupt, anyway am among the .001
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by BillGatesFan(m): 9:22am On May 21, 2007
Is unfortunate that some people don't see any thing good about Nigeria,but the reason is simple, they are Jealous of our Wealth and natural resoursec,thats why they have decided to work for terrorist Groups like the CNN AND the BBC to tarnish our Good and glorious Image,but they can't succeed that country call N I G E R I A Is more than them.

There is no country in the World today that is not 50% more corrupt and Dubious than Nigeria.
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by heyma: 9:26am On May 21, 2007
ebeledi:

very stupid post if you ask me

Hey, Guys, I've gone down this road before. I advice people to go through some other comments before they start any crap addressing their point here.

This goes to every other person coming up here to post any junk annoying comment.
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by Kemjisuper(m): 9:57am On May 21, 2007
I think its more like 83.75678%
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by seun001(m): 10:26am On May 21, 2007
well,am not saying i support this notion up to this percentage cos its ridiculous but

i will say that a typical nigerian is always looking for a way to swindle his fellow nigerian when he/she lets his/his guards down.

what am saying is that you have to be a SHARPMAN/WOMAN at any point in time.

abi,y do u think nigerians seem to excel anywhere u find them.
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by angel101(f): 11:50am On May 21, 2007
for all of u peeps who say nigerians are always ready to swindle their fellow nigerians, i really dont know the kind of people u associate with. i certainly do not know that may people who can be termed 'corrupt and dubious'. the kind of people u associate with goes a long way to show the kind of person u are too!

for the poster who said he had recieved loads of emails from nigerians trying to swindle him, man listen to urself. how do u know the person is a nigerian? just because he claimed to be in an email does not necessarily mean that he is. my point is, we as nigerians are too quick to tarnish the image f our own country and sing the praise of the western world. how can anyone love u more than u love urself?
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by Rhea(f): 1:10pm On May 21, 2007
First of all, I think the caption of this thread is quite eronneous and ironic. It actually states that 99% of Nigerians are corrupt and dubious.

That goes to say that in a family of 5 (parents and 3 kids), the parents and 2 kids are corrupt and dubious, while the last kid is almost entirely corrupt (save for perhaps one of his eyeballs, or his tooth) grin.

No doubt, this country has her own fair share of corrupt and dubious characters that span across age, social and political status, and profession. That does not make 99% any close to the actual figure.

Corruption is a vice we all have to fight individually and collectively, by first saying no to it and abstaining completely from it.

I wonder how many of us know that the present US Attorney General (Gonzales) nearly succeeded in coercing a signature from his predecessor John Ashcroft (drugged and hospitalised  on his hospital bedside). That signature would have authenticated the controversial NSA phone tapping programme. The same man was later endorsed by Bush as Ashcroft's successor. No one seems to focus on these issues because America is inhabited by angels and saints.
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by etio(m): 1:53pm On May 21, 2007
83% or 99% . These are lies from the pit of hell. Nigeria is not perfect. Even the U.S is also not perfect. BUT 83% OR 99% OF NIGERIANS BEING CORRUPT IS A LIE FROM THE PIT OF HELL.

I MAKE A PREDICTION THAT THE FUTURE OF NIGERIA IS BRIGHTER THAN EVER. MARK MY WORDS.

E GO BETTER.
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by pmdaboh(f): 2:02pm On May 21, 2007
One person commented on the connection between the "level of poverty and the level of corruption".  I, too, believe there is a strong connection as well.  During my stay in Lagos, Nigeria and it surrounding countryside, I had never seen poverty such as that in my life.  I am not saying that anyone has an excuse to use manipulation and corruption because they are very poor, but perhaps their level of poverty breeds desperation!  I do not know what it feels like to go hungry, not have available electricity on a daily basis, and to live in less than sanitary conditions.  I would like to think that I would still carry myself with integrity, good morals, and ethics.  But to be honest, I do not know how those types of circumstances would influence my behavior.   Even as a Christian, I hope I would stand the test!

To answer the question, I simply do not know if 99% of Nigerians are corrupt or dubious.  God knows we have many of corrupt and dubious people right here in America.  I think Nigeria is so focused on, because like the phrase said, "It is easier to kick a man when he is already down."  What I mean by that is, with the recent elections, there is much focus on the poverty level, infrequent electrical supply, lack of sanitation, corruption, fraud, and violence.  So since Nigeria is in the spot light, once again, people are just jumping on the "band wagon", and taking the already struggling country, through the "ringer of negative judgments".   I keep hoping someone will finally say something positive about Nigeria.   All the focus is on the negative aspects of Nigeria right now!  And another thing I notice is that a lot of the negative comments about Nigeria and Nigerians, come from Nigerians themselves!  

My husband is Nigerian, and I am an African American.  The fight to defend my choice for marrying a Nigerian is a constant battle--especially from my mother!  He and my stepson will join me in the states very shorty, and it is not fair that he and I should have such a battle simply because he is Nigerian.  

So, I will not help the negative perception of Nigeria and Nigerians by saying 99% of them are corrupt.  I pray to God this figure is very much inflated!

Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by amaikama(m): 2:05pm On May 21, 2007
Na only witch dey know who be witch!!!
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by moondust(m): 2:15pm On May 21, 2007
etio:

83% or 99% . These are lies from the pit of hell. Nigeria is not perfect. Even the U.S is also not perfect. BUT 83% OR 99% OF NIGERIANS BEING CORRUPT IS A LIE FROM THE PIT OF HELL.

I MAKE A PREDICTION THAT THE FUTURE OF NIGERIA IS BRIGHTER THAN EVER. MARK MY WORDS.

E GO BETTER.

if the US is not perfect nko?
does it justify this rate of corruption in Nigeria?
tell yourself the truth, man, it's Bad over here and until we accept
and do something about it, things will remain this way
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by etio(m): 4:13pm On May 21, 2007
Moondust,

A GREATER PERCENTAGE  OF NIGERIANS ARE HONEST INDIVIDUALS WHO WANT TO MAKE AN HONEST
LIVING FOR THEMSELVES.  NIGERIA IS JUST LIKE ANY OTHER  COUNTRY IN THE WORLD. YOU HAVE GOOD AND THE BAD.
I BELIEVE FROM  AVAILABLE SATISTICS (FROM EFCC)  ONLY A LESSER % OF NIGERIANS ARE CORRUPT.

THE PUBLISHED LIST OF CORRUPT NIGERIANS RELEASED BY EFCC  LISTS ABOVE 1000  NOTABLE NIGERIANS WHO ARE CORRUPT. THIS FALLS FAR BELOW THE 99% YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

MANY NIGERIANS ARE MAKING A CAREER IN SHELL
                                                                    AGIP
                                                                     CHEVRON
                                                                      MOBIL
                                                                      MTN
                                                                      GLOBACOM
                                                                      CELTEL ( I AM ONE OF THEM)
                                                                      IGI  INSURANCE
                                                                       HALLIBURTON
                                                                       OIL DATA
                                                                        OIL SERVE
                                                                        VIRGIN NIGERIA
                                                                         NNPC
                                                                        DPR
                                                                        ZENITH BANK, ECOBANK, UBA, BANK PHP, STERLING BANK,OCEANIC BANK ,   TINALPA, ZINOX TECHNOLOGIES,  LNG , CISCO SYSTEMS,  NICON INSURANCE, DHL, ABC TRANSPORT SERVICE  E.T.C. ALL THESE  ORGANIZATIONS EMPLOY NIGERIANS.
FINALLY   WHEN THE  RICHEST MAN IN THE WORLD BILL GATES  IN 2001 WANTED TO LAUNCH  WINDOWS XP. HE CHOOSE A NIGERIAN  COMPANY ZINOX AS THE FIRST COMPANY IN THE WORLD TO LAUNCH HIS PRODUCT AHEAD OF IBM AND THE REST. QUOTE  "Zinox is the first authorised computer manufacturer in the world to launch the latest operating system the Microsoft WINDOWS XP". The company has passed the Microsoft Quality Laboratory Test (MSQL), Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) certified by Microsoft and Intel, Zinox stands out as the first branded computer in Nigeria.
CHECK THIS SITE FOR CONFIRMATION  http://www.nigeriabusinessinfo.com/zinox201101.htm
PLS IF BILL GATES HAS FAITH IN NIGERIA , I DONT THINK ANYONE HAS THE RIGHT TO BADMOUTH NIGERIA  WITHOUT PROOF/ EVIDENCE.
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by babadee(m): 6:56pm On May 21, 2007
99% seems like a stat from the depths of the posters delirium.
even though the average nigerian is always looking for the easiest way out, he is inclined to curruption as a last resort.
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by ebeledi(m): 9:33pm On May 21, 2007
heyma:

Hey, Guys, I've gone down this road before. I advice people to go through some other comments before they start any crap addressing their point here.

This goes to every other person coming up here to post any junk annoying comment.

come on now why would you say that your own people are corrupt lets be real
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by seun001(m): 7:22am On May 22, 2007
My husband is Nigerian, and I am an African American. The fight to defend my choice for marrying a Nigerian is a constant battle--especially from my mother! He and my stepson will join me in the states very shorty, and it is not fair that he and I should have such a battle simply because he is Nigerian

@PMDABOH,

READ YOUR PIECE.WELL JUST WANT TO SAY I CAN FEEL YOUR PAIN AND I THINK SHE WILL DEFINATELY GET OVER IT.JUST GIVE HER TIME,AND AGAIN DONT ESCALATE IT BY GETTING INTO A WAR OF WORDS WITH HER.CANT REALLY SAY MUCH.CHEERS
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by fstranger: 11:57am On May 22, 2007
The 99% generalization is unfair.
In reality it looks more like this, 100% Ibos are corrupt,even the unborn ones.
40% yorubas are corrupt (These 40% are mostly people with Ibo friends or live in Ibo lands)
10 % Hausas are corrupt.
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by Afam(m): 12:49pm On May 22, 2007
fstranger:

The 99% generalization is unfair.
In reality it looks more like this, 100% Ibos are corrupt,even the unborn ones.
40% yorubas are corrupt (These 40% are mostly people with Ibo friends or live in Ibo lands)
10 % Hausas are corrupt.

I wonder why the admin of this forum is allowing such an ethnic dog like this bastard use this forum. This same bastard will buy from Igbo man and if possible beg him for money. Dogs like these should just be burnt alive to make the world a better place.
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by ijogbon(m): 12:56pm On May 22, 2007
@Afam
Hey, why give him voice? By the time I'm done posting that would be 2 people he has succeeded in getting to reply his post.
You should have ignored him, When you argue with a fool people might have a problem differentiating. The best answer for people like that is to ignore them.
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by BizBiz(m): 4:12pm On May 22, 2007
Are you a policeman, a PHCN officer, a NITEL officer or a Lecturer? because 101% of those are corrupt and they aren't all Nigerians

one will belive you that pollicemen,phcn and nitel officers are corrupt but not our lecturers down here,no! "nba"
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by olutomiwa(m): 6:04pm On May 22, 2007
una don start again,if 99% of nigerians are corrupt?who is the 1% that is not{i guess your friend}?abeg me i no gree with you and your friend o
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by moondust(m): 6:14pm On May 22, 2007
@ etio
lets be practical here. I believe in facts and thats where I base my arguments, on facts!
these minority u say are corrupt are the ones who form the crest of our society,
so tell me, when the river is dirty from the source what do u think
will flow down, clean water?, I think not
u are even sorrounded with the evidence that our society is rotten, yet u argue
the 7th biggest oil producer in the world, and people are living in  poverty and squalor.
is that proof of a society full of saints?
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by olutomiwa(m): 6:20pm On May 22, 2007
Afam:

I wonder why the admin of this forum is allowing such an ethnic dog like this bastard use this forum. This same bastard will buy from Igbo man and if possible beg him for money. Dogs like these should just be burnt alive to make the world a better place.
i totally agree with you,the idiot should be skinned alive,just like you wrote he will not only buy and beg money from igbo man,he will also STEAL from him,the guy is a real son of a B.
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by ebeledi(m): 11:37pm On May 22, 2007
whats with all these igbo haters . dont they know igbos are the most christanized ethnicity in the whole of africa and the religious also. igbos will never use religion to commit terrorist acts what a fool
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by 9ja4eva: 11:41pm On May 22, 2007
True talk
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by shockreaction(m): 1:58pm On May 23, 2007
S/he probably pulled the number out of his/her arse. I like how people are capable of coming up with statistical data right on the spot.
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by Mamajama(m): 6:25pm On May 23, 2007
Interesting how people are bashing this guy. I don't know if I will agree with the percentage but in reality, most Nigerians are either corrupt or dubious at one time or the other in their life.   The stats is out there for us to see.  Leaders, senators public servant and even businessmen in the local market.  I am a Nigerian, and I've been a victim of all this dubious activities in the past.  people should be constructive and debate the issue and stop attacking the poster.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

apologies, thread retracted. / Pastor Kumuyi And The Break Up Of Nigeria / Justice Nyanko To Demand For Kanu Repatriation Papers Before Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.