Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,691 members, 7,955,600 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:24 AM

99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious (7478 Views)

Okonjo-Iweala: Oshiomhole After Me Because I Blocked His ‘Dubious N15bn Loan’ / Atiku Formed Dubious Coalition With Saraki And Obj Because Of 2019 - Omatseye / 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by denex: 9:34am On Jun 25, 2007
Gadget abi? Shey you have not seen in any news that the US military orders 2 cargo planes(I think it is this same C-17) and some congressmen in charge of military budget approved 12 of those cargo jets at a cost of more than $3billion each.

Now, the military had to right to them insisting that they do not actually need 12. They just need two. But the Senate committee insisted that they needed and must have 12.

At a price difference of about $1billion each, these congressmen are planning to make $10billion to $12billion in just one deal. I still insist that Nigeria is learning.

By the way, I've just seen some formats I forgot to mention that they also use:weight loss drugs scam, Loan approval scam.

And when you're trying to go abroad to study, and they ask you to deposit an advance fee before your visa is approved, which most times the visa isn't approved, you don't think this is fraud? You don't call that corruption? Because it is approved by westerners?

May I also let you know that in the UK, a quack doctor scammed my nephew and his parents of 35,000 for a heart operation. The boy and his mother travelled down to the UK for the operation and the doctor net them at the airport, collected the balance and dropped them at their hotel. After two days without any word, they searched the address only to find out it was fake. The boy died in the hotel and his mum came back to Nigeria alone.
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by 9ja4eva: 12:08am On Jun 26, 2007
Are Nigerians the only dubious people?
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by chiegemba(f): 12:12am On Jun 26, 2007
dont agree with dat percentage "just 2 high" not 99%
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by denex: 12:44am On Jun 26, 2007
What do you people even think corruption is? I don't blame the person that started this thread because that individual is outright ignorant and won't deny it. But what baffles me is when intelligent people back up this kind of 99% data.

42% of Nigerians are between the ages of 0-14 years old. What kind of corruption are they engaged in? Skipping gym class?

15% of the Nigerian population are married women. Mostly house wives. What kind of corruption are they engaged in? Overpricing of foodstuff or excessive use of haggling skills?

1% of the Nigerian population are elderly women above 65 years of age. Is their corruption attending weddings and burials?

Let's even assume that all the adult males from 15 years and above, all the young ladies and all the elderly men are corrupt. I mean ALL! That will still amount to 42%. And we know this is not the case in reality there are a lot of honest young women out there who hardly step out of their parents houses, there are honest young men in the private sector: Access Bank, Haliburton, Shell, St Nicholas Hospital, CELTEL, Zinox, MTN and TotalFinaElf. Others are religious faithfuls.

Generally, I would say 10% of Nigerians are corrupt, 20% more are corruptible when adequately induced. That is a total of 30% corrupt and potentially corrupt Nigerians at maximum. So abeg you people should shun fabulous statistics that as one person said, was pulled out of HEYMA's arse!
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by 9ja4eva: 12:45am On Jun 26, 2007
Well elaborated
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by denex: 4:02am On Jun 26, 2007
@9ja4eva

I just felt it was about time people started seeing some real statistics as opposed to all this 99% bullshit that some people conjure out of thin air.
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by 9ja4eva: 4:12am On Jun 26, 2007
True talk

D way people misuse statistics dese days makes me scared.
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by smile4kenn(m): 5:00am On Jun 26, 2007
Kenyans, Indians, Zims, south Africans, Ghanians, and so many other countriess, they are also corrupt just like Nigeria. But Nigeria is the most celebrated corrupt country, we can tell from osoufia's "I go chop your dollar" , maintain's "Yahoozze" ( i love this song), and Modenine's "419- my state of mind"
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by kcjazz(m): 6:19am On Jun 26, 2007
99% ! Wow this makes me laugh grin .

It cant be true, agreed there are people who are corrupt and ofcourse there are people like me and so many others who have chosen to live with intergrity.

As a nation our major problem is that so many do not even understand what is right from what is wrong. Hence bad is glorified as good, a case of a common evil becoming an acceptable right.
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by shango(m): 1:23am On Jun 27, 2007
what exactly is corrupt?

some may see corrupt as the mass genocide of native indegenes of a land to create a new United States. Which is how the USA was born. Is the USA a corrupt nation? They have assasinated and toppled more Presidents and governments than every other nation combined. Are they corrupt?

What aren't Africans? Lazy. Black. Dirty. Poor. Corrupt. Stupid. Hell we have been ingrained every bad human trait applies to us that whites dont even have to keep on perpetuating it for themselves. We do it on our own now.

Bush and Cheney are one of the most corrupt US Presidents. Yet noone blankets the whole USA as a corrupt nation. There are no jobs or opportunities in our country and people resort to "crime" to get money through 419 scams  and suddenly the whole country is corrupt. The same asshole politicians who horde billions in swiss and british banks turn around and say we have to fight the plage of 419. Such is the twisted country we live in.

You think the USA is one of the richest countries on earth because it played fair and worked hard to be where it is? Read some history people, if what Nigerians do is corrupt then this country is Nigeria to the power 1 million.
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by wendymanda: 5:28am On Aug 08, 2007
what exactly is corrupt?

some may see corrupt as the mass genocide of native indegenes of a land to create a new United States. Which is how the USA was born. Is the USA a corrupt nation? They have assasinated and toppled more Presidents and governments than every other nation combined. Are they corrupt?

What aren't Africans? Lazy. Black. Dirty. Poor. Corrupt. Stupid. Hell we have been ingrained every bad human trait applies to us that whites don't even have to keep on perpetuating it for themselves. We do it on our own now.

Bush and Cheney are one of the most corrupt US Presidents. Yet noone blankets the whole USA as a corrupt nation. There are no jobs or opportunities in our country and people resort to "crime" to get money through 419 scams and suddenly the whole country is corrupt. The same asshole politicians who horde billions in swiss and british banks turn around and say we have to fight the plage of 419. Such is the twisted country we live in.

You think the USA is one of the richest countries on earth because it played fair and worked hard to be where it is? Read some history people, if what Nigerians do is corrupt then this country is Nigeria to the power 1 million.

I have always maintained this stance on why people think Nigeria is very corrupt based on 419. It plays on greed. Like the I go Chop your dollar song goes when white man does it is o.k.
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by dowonlor(m): 11:05pm On Oct 29, 2007
this guy should go and take censor of nigerians doing good both home and abroad
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by Kobojunkie: 3:04am On Oct 30, 2007
Why do we continously like to bring americans and europeans into debates about our experience as nigerians?? Why the continous quest for many to keep pointing fingers at others instead of focusing on those in question??

The post was about Nigerians, why do we need to point out that Americans or mexicans or japanese are also dubious?? is that to make it OKay that we have a problem and so we should forget about it since there are other thieves, other fraudsters, other criminals out there?? We are adults for heavens sake?? why does it seem to me like we have more kids in here than we do have adults?? I would think wisdom would want to focus more on fixing our house all we can regardless of how rotten or stupid the rest of the world is and is ok with it ?? What is this

Is this need to always point out that there are others with the same problem some SERIOUS LOW SELF ESTEEM ISSUE THING or what Why can't we instead push to be BETTER THAN OTHERS instead of continually trying to measure ourselves by how much we fit with the others in the BAD?
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by 9ja4eva: 12:29am On Oct 31, 2007
To hell with what they think about Nigerians,

We are unique people in our way,
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by gotteskind(f): 8:09pm On May 21, 2008
shocked Corrupt and Dubios? i would praise god everyday if only ones we would discuss something like that in europe.our intrest is who is f, who.God bless nigeria.
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by sheniqua: 8:16pm On May 21, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Why do we continously like to bring americans and europeans into debates about our experience as nigerians?? Why the continous quest for many to keep pointing fingers at others instead of focusing on those in question??

The post was about Nigerians, why do we need to point out that Americans or mexicans or japanese are also dubious?? is that to make it OKay that we have a problem and so we should forget about it since there are other thieves, other fraudsters, other criminals out there?? We are adults for heavens sake?? why does it seem to me like we have more kids in here than we do have adults?? I would think wisdom would want to focus more on fixing our house all we can regardless of how rotten or stupid the rest of the world is and is ok with it ?? What is this

Is this need to always point out that there are others with the same problem some SERIOUS LOW SELF ESTEEM ISSUE THING or what Why can't we instead push to be BETTER THAN OTHERS instead of continually trying to measure ourselves by how much we fit with the others in the BAD?

see who's talking
Mr maradona that religiously leaves the topic of threads to go on a wild goose chase
I wish you would apply this reasoning to your own responses. kiss kiss
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by manmustwac(m): 8:36pm On May 21, 2008
Well maybe 99% of Nigerians are corrupt, but its the Politicians State Governors Senators and Mister President himself who make up the 1% of Nigerians at the top that are in the best position set an example and stop corruption. When we the 99% at the bottom start to see genuine change and progress. It will only be a matter of time before we follow the example of our leaders and corruption will be a thing of the past
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by Kobojunkie: 8:39pm On May 21, 2008
manmustwac:

Well maybe 99% of Nigerians are corrupt, but its the Politicians State Governors Senators and Mister President himself who make up the 1% of Nigerians at the top that are in the best position set an example and stop corruption. When we the 99% at the bottom start to see genuine change and progress. It will only be a matter of time before we follow the example of our leaders and corruption will be a thing of the past

We have been saying that for over 40 years now. How far are we on this?? Are the 99% wise in putting their fate and the future of the nation in the hand of 1%??
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by RampantT(f): 9:03pm On May 21, 2008
smae ol' story
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by whitelady(f): 7:04pm On May 22, 2008
I understand your problem! tell your people not to allows us in o.Is good that u show you are a truetrue racism.i beg u all,wrote in big big letters( only for african american,african abi nigerians).
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by gotteskind(f): 9:05pm On May 22, 2008
grin Thank u my dear,anyway i learned my lesson.see u soon somewhere else.This one now,my last login.
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by 9ja4eva: 7:19am On May 24, 2008
This thread still dey?
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by ohelala: 9:13am On Sep 28, 2008
America is the laboratory of corruption and double standards.

China is the factory of corruption.

Bangladesh is the worker of corruption.

Nigeria is just trying to balance. We agree there is corruption in Nigeria, but most times it is often overblown by the white man.

The white man is corrrrrrruuuuuuupppppt. In fact he is KURUPT.

So many legitimate Nigerians have been defrauded by the whites.

We know of so many here.

The difference is that the white man is more secretive of his corruption, while we over here react openly about it.

The Americans are the great grand fathers of corruption. While the Chinese are the grand fathers.

China is corrupt, dubious and diabolical. Yet the communist government is secretive about it.

Is it the Russians? chei there is no known means of measuring the Russian corruption. Theirs is so astronomical that each time you try to measure it, the standard you will make use of becomes faulty.

Nigerians are corrupt but there are still clean Nigerians, hard working Nigerians and contented Nigerians.

Those who steal here, do it in a crude manner, and hence when you hear, you are shocked, but in the white man's world when he does his own, we call it financial engineering. He adds technology and modernization to his own.

The corruption came from USA. All the flashy stuff and materialistic urges we have today came from USA. The white man is the teacher.
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by PurestBoy(m): 1:34am On Dec 31, 2008
99% ke, I thought it''s 99.9999%
Re: 99% Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dubious by Gayigaskia(m): 3:25am On Dec 31, 2008
This is absolutely true, i actually been waiting all day for this Yoruba guy to call me so i can get paid for a job i did at his house this morning. I always experience hardship with these guys all the time.
furthermore i think YAR Adua is among those 1%, for the simple fact that the man is not rich and if he was corrupt he wouldn't choose to be a teacher as the prominence of his family could allowed him to stash a whole lot of cash.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NATIONAL EMBARRASMENT! Obama Jets Out To Kenya, Leaving Buhari Behind In U.S.A. / Senators To Discourage Monopoly In Free Trade / Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.