Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

CNN Adverts: FG Must Punish Dangote, Zenithbank, Globacom - Bode George - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CNN Adverts: FG Must Punish Dangote, Zenithbank, Globacom - Bode George (43716 Views)

FG Must Do More To Counter The Obidients' Propaganda - Reno Omokri / FG Must Punish Employers Who Fail To Pay N30,000 Minimum Wage – Balarabe Musa / FG Must Stop Lying About Boko Haram — ICC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CNN Adverts: FG Must Punish Dangote, Zenithbank, Globacom - Bode George by edoairways: 9:27am On Oct 11, 2019
Afamed:

Glo is available in other African countries
Can you list them especially the ones operating on full capacity?
Re: CNN Adverts: FG Must Punish Dangote, Zenithbank, Globacom - Bode George by Samsonklin(m): 9:37am On Oct 11, 2019
helinues:
Old age is really affecting Sir Bode

So how about Coca Cola, Guinness, Budweiser spending millions if not billions of dollars on adverts world wide?

Politics is totally different from Business . There are so many potentials and opportunities in advertising with international media

30 seconds advert on CNN should be from $5,000-$8,000 depends on the Prime Time..

Modified:
To those who quoted and who might intend to quote, are you guys saying a Chinese man coming to Nigeria for the first time and saw Zenith bank adverts on CNN wont first check the banks out upon reaching Nigeria?

Or probably Dangote only limited his business partnership strictly to Only Nigerians or perhaps Africa.

Is like questioning a Nigerian why buying Facebook likes.. Btw 100k likes on Facebook should cost like $5,000.

This is business and not meant for local business man that cant afford it

what's the total coverage of all the Nigeria media?
I’m sorry sir. But you don’t have sense. Single sense. You nor get. Is Coca-Cola not taken worldwide? Is there a country that doesn’t gulp Coca-Cola? Is Budweiser not a drink consumed by various countries? How can you compare liquor to network providers? Are you not senseless? Which people even like your post so? Oshogbo weed don dey affect you. For the records, I’m not in support of bode or whosoever. Anyone that has money to do advertisement as they like should do. But pls your argument should have base abeg. I replied cos of your type of example. Rubbish!
Re: CNN Adverts: FG Must Punish Dangote, Zenithbank, Globacom - Bode George by Samsonklin(m): 9:40am On Oct 11, 2019
Commentor:
A broken clock can actually be right sometimes.

See the youth for whom he is even making suggestions berating him.

Black man get problem.
I swear my brother. And one goat is even saying that Budweiser and Coca-Cola is doing global advert so dangote is write. Them dey use dangote cement for USA? Abi USA dey use glo? That guy suppose collect mumu beating wey nor be own

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CNN Adverts: FG Must Punish Dangote, Zenithbank, Globacom - Bode George by opray: 9:42am On Oct 11, 2019
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

Biko contact me for your 100% undiluted designer inspired perfume oils.

Re: CNN Adverts: FG Must Punish Dangote, Zenithbank, Globacom - Bode George by phyllumtopilla: 9:45am On Oct 11, 2019
Juicyjuice:
I agree with Bode George on this.

Based on what sir
Re: CNN Adverts: FG Must Punish Dangote, Zenithbank, Globacom - Bode George by CodeTemplar: 9:49am On Oct 11, 2019
helinues:

So how about Coca Cola, Guinness, Budweiser spending millions if not billions of dollars on adverts world wide?

Politics is totally different from Business . There are so many potentials and opportunities in advertising with international media

30 seconds advert on CNN should be from $5,000-$8,000 depends on the Prime Time..

Modified:
To those who quoted and who might intend to quote, are you guys saying a Chinese man coming to Nigeria for the first time and saw Zenith bank adverts on CNN wont first check the banks out upon reaching Nigeria?

Or probably Dangote only limited his business partnership strictly to Only Nigerians or perhaps Africa.

Is like questioning a Nigerian why buying Facebook likes.. Btw 100k likes on Facebook should cost like $5,000.

u goofed.
Re: CNN Adverts: FG Must Punish Dangote, Zenithbank, Globacom - Bode George by naptu2: 9:49am On Oct 11, 2019
The reason that this issue irritates me is that I was pretty upset that we did not have Nigerian multinationals in the 1980s. The best companies attempt to expand and conquer other markets in order to increase their revenue. However, the problem with Nigeria at that time was that the biggest Nigerian brands were government monopolies (NITEL, NEPA, NICON, etc.) whose only goal was to operate in Nigeria.

I was a bit happier when I heard that Unipetrol was investing in Ghana in the early 1990s, but that was just a minor issue.

I have been happy that Nigerian companies have been expanding across Africa since President Obasanjo's liberalisation programme. Companies like Dangote, GTB, Zenith, Oando, etc. have set up businesses in other African countries and some have even gone beyond Africa. They are trying to create the necessary brand awareness that will assist their business to grow and someone is ignorantly trying to stop them. It is quite irritating.
Re: CNN Adverts: FG Must Punish Dangote, Zenithbank, Globacom - Bode George by naptu2: 9:56am On Oct 11, 2019
lalasticlala:
Dangote Cement Plant Launched In Addis Ababa (photos)

Live in Addis Ababa for the launch of Dangote Cement plant...

Dele Momodu shared the pictures from the Launch of Dangote Cement Plant in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia..

http://www.enjoygram.com/m/999946522831604066_290514337
Re: CNN Adverts: FG Must Punish Dangote, Zenithbank, Globacom - Bode George by bhella10: 9:56am On Oct 11, 2019
Juicyjuice:
I agree with Bode George on this.
I don't usually agree with the man, but today we are in one accord.
Re: CNN Adverts: FG Must Punish Dangote, Zenithbank, Globacom - Bode George by naptu2: 9:57am On Oct 11, 2019
BrandSpurNG:
Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO

Continent’s largest cement maker is seeking about $1 billion

Move comes as Nigerian stocks soar with rising oil price

Dangote Cement Plc, owned by Africa’s richest man, has revived plans for a share sale in London that could raise about $1 billion, according to people familiar with the matter.

The Nigerian company, controlled by Aliko Dangote, has approached investment bankers to discuss a potential U.K. listing, said the people, who asked not to be named as the talks aren’t public. Once banks have been appointed, it will probably take at least five months to complete the process, one of the people said. The cement maker is also considering issuing a debut Eurobond, according to two different people familiar with the matter.

Discussions are ongoing and a listing of Africa’s biggest cement maker may not go ahead, the people said.

“We have not, to the best of my knowledge, taken such a decision,” Anthony Chiejina, Dangote Cement’s spokesman in Lagos, said in an emailed response to questions, without commenting on the banker talks.

Fresh capital would enable Dangote Cement to fund expansion plans in sub-Saharan Africa and broaden its base of investors. It sees London as a more favourable place to attract about $1 billion than in its home base of Lagos, Nigeria’s commercial capital, where no company has raised more in an initial public offering than Starcomms Plc’s $796 million in 2008.

Dangote Cement has a free float in Lagos of 14.9 percent and a market valuation of $12.3 billion. It mulled raising equity in London in 2010. At the time, Goldman Sachs Group Inc., JPMorgan Chase & Co. and Morgan Stanley helped it prepare a sale that could have raised as much as $5 billion, before the move was abandoned.

The revival of the plan comes as Dangote Cement shares climb to near records as the Nigerian economy recovers from a downturn caused by the 2014 slump in oil prices. The economy of Africa’s most populous nation went into recession in 2016 as government revenue plunged. Nigerian stocks are up 11 percent this year in dollar terms, the sixth best performance globally according to data compiled by Bloomberg.

Aliko Dangote has a net worth of $13.5 billion, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index. His Dangote Industries Ltd. conglomerate has interests in sugar, flour and packaged food as well as controlling the cement company. The 60-year-old has repeatedly expressed a desire to bid for London’s Arsenal Football Club and is building a 650,000 barrel-a-day oil refinery near Lagos, which will cost more than $10 billion.

Dangote Cement shares rose 0.6 percent to 259.90 naira in Lagos as of 12:10 p.m. local time.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/africas-richest-man-to-revive-dangote-cement-london-ipo/
Re: CNN Adverts: FG Must Punish Dangote, Zenithbank, Globacom - Bode George by SoNature(m): 9:58am On Oct 11, 2019
helinues:

Modified:

I am afraid your argument doesn't sound convincing.

I just hope that someone from those companies will reply Mr George.

I understand Dangote, Access Bank and Zenith Bank, but glo's ad that runs every 30 minutes on CNN beats my imagination.

For all intent and purposes, glo is the worst telco in Nigeria.
Re: CNN Adverts: FG Must Punish Dangote, Zenithbank, Globacom - Bode George by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 11, 2019
Personally no advert moves me to buy a product, cos definitely advert is sweet as indomie gets done in 3mins grin

Like go to d sun for advert I don't care

Meanwhile Bode is VERY right
Re: CNN Adverts: FG Must Punish Dangote, Zenithbank, Globacom - Bode George by balila: 10:13am On Oct 11, 2019
The CNN we watch is for Africa. Different from CNN International. They don't broadcast the same thing all the time.
Re: CNN Adverts: FG Must Punish Dangote, Zenithbank, Globacom - Bode George by greypencils: 10:24am On Oct 11, 2019
Look at this Old fool. At his age, he doesn't know a certain percentage of people here in Nigeria watch only CNN and National Geographic. He thinks everyone is fickle minded watching BBN. Idiot.
Re: CNN Adverts: FG Must Punish Dangote, Zenithbank, Globacom - Bode George by Xclusiveme: 10:25am On Oct 11, 2019
He has a point but they can do whateva d hell they want cos it's their money
Re: CNN Adverts: FG Must Punish Dangote, Zenithbank, Globacom - Bode George by writeprof(m): 10:26am On Oct 11, 2019
They are packaging themselves for global awards!
Re: CNN Adverts: FG Must Punish Dangote, Zenithbank, Globacom - Bode George by Blazebond(m): 10:27am On Oct 11, 2019
Booooooooom, BABA BODE make sense die.
Re: CNN Adverts: FG Must Punish Dangote, Zenithbank, Globacom - Bode George by johnad3(m): 10:30am On Oct 11, 2019
Ogbeni Bode nah rubbish you deh talk jooo abi you are looking for advert manager in those companies make you talk now ooo, i get connection there i fit help you ooo. because i see no reason why someone should talking about advert on international level, is it a crime to make your business known to the rest of the world? Ogbeni Bode, You don't what you talking about, You just want to trend. Frustration weh deh Nigeria don hit you sir
Re: CNN Adverts: FG Must Punish Dangote, Zenithbank, Globacom - Bode George by Topmaike007(m): 10:34am On Oct 11, 2019
Commentor:

Black man get problem.
the man is 100 % correct

1 Like

Re: CNN Adverts: FG Must Punish Dangote, Zenithbank, Globacom - Bode George by greypencils: 10:37am On Oct 11, 2019
Afamed:

Are there no Nigerian in UK or no other African in UK that can patronise Zenith bank? Or is CNN only viewed by America or British?
I wonder the kind of brain that dude has. Serious business men, especially those who buy shares in large companies, own TV's only to watch CNN and national geographic. Both Bode George and that guy have faulty reasoning faculties.
Re: CNN Adverts: FG Must Punish Dangote, Zenithbank, Globacom - Bode George by luluosas(m): 10:43am On Oct 11, 2019
Oga Bode, these brands are Pan-African. So, let them spend their money, after all, their adverts on CNN hasn't changed their market price to skyrock. Do take note.
If I may ask, what did you went to London for? No medicals or relaxation centres in Nigeria? Yeye man
Re: CNN Adverts: FG Must Punish Dangote, Zenithbank, Globacom - Bode George by greypencils: 10:45am On Oct 11, 2019
Bathnover:
That's incorrect. Few Nigerians watch CNN, BBC and other foreign news channels. Those that watch local news channels are much bigger joor.
Those who watch CNN and BBC mostly, own businesses and call the shots. We are talking about the likes of indigenous oil service companies who need banks to do business with, to pay salaries, e.t.c. The CEO of such a company will always go with the bank with the most visible adverts. Such a CEO only watches CNN I can promise you and not African magic.
Re: CNN Adverts: FG Must Punish Dangote, Zenithbank, Globacom - Bode George by johnad3(m): 10:46am On Oct 11, 2019
Seh nah your money deh waste? Besides you re talking about skill acquistion. How many Job ve you created in Nigeria or Do you want to tell us you dont ve companies abroad? Why cant you creates those company you ve abroad here in nigeria? Sir, if those companies dont gain anything they wouldnt do so and also no one tells you how to run your company. so just mute your lips for just 365days or EFCC will come knocking at your door for speaking against financial spending smiley. They also advertize foreign product for us here without having them here so, why complaining? Baba, Go join APC joo E bi like say, that PDP weh you deh no favour you again
Re: CNN Adverts: FG Must Punish Dangote, Zenithbank, Globacom - Bode George by kayusely70(m): 10:48am On Oct 11, 2019
The Adverts are meant Nigerians in diaspora and potential foreign investors, visitors and tourists to Nigeria.
Re: CNN Adverts: FG Must Punish Dangote, Zenithbank, Globacom - Bode George by uniqueogo(f): 11:00am On Oct 11, 2019
look at globacom that has few network mass in the east instead of them to make their network standard in nigeria first they are wasting money with cnn they dey try
Re: CNN Adverts: FG Must Punish Dangote, Zenithbank, Globacom - Bode George by johnad3(m): 11:03am On Oct 11, 2019
Which youth? You better talk for yaself. Seh South Africa companies no deh make adverts for you here? Wetin you deh talk sef?

Commentor:

Black man get problem.
Re: CNN Adverts: FG Must Punish Dangote, Zenithbank, Globacom - Bode George by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 11, 2019
Some of us to listen to local news. I can't remember the last time i watched NTA or any local news media. They all carry extremely sensored news
Re: CNN Adverts: FG Must Punish Dangote, Zenithbank, Globacom - Bode George by teelaw4life(m): 11:16am On Oct 11, 2019
What the hell man?

While the CNN programs showing on DSTV might be the same as the ones shwoing in Europe, the commercials are clearly not the same.

DSTV commercials are targeted towards the African market. I want to believe, Glo, Dangote, etc do not only have market interest in Nigeria.

In fact, the commercials showing on DSTV Nigeria, might not be the same as the ones showing in South Africa, even though it's on the same channel.

Nawao...

3 Likes

Re: CNN Adverts: FG Must Punish Dangote, Zenithbank, Globacom - Bode George by mdchikezie(m): 11:20am On Oct 11, 2019
helinues:

Modified:

oga this three companies you mentioned are not in anyway nigerian owned,
Re: CNN Adverts: FG Must Punish Dangote, Zenithbank, Globacom - Bode George by AceVentura: 11:22am On Oct 11, 2019
When a discharged convict that doesn’t kn is anything about business or making money other than stealing it talks, he usually makes no sense.

The concept of Banks advertising on media outlets like CNN is to get the attention of foreign investors. It has nothing to do with ego. It’s a business strategy that has worked for them.

Bode George is trying to clear his own smeared image & we’re not interested @ all. Business isn’t politics.
Re: CNN Adverts: FG Must Punish Dangote, Zenithbank, Globacom - Bode George by juman(m): 11:29am On Oct 11, 2019
All the three companies have branches in some other countries.
For example glo is in Ghana and Benin as well.
Re: CNN Adverts: FG Must Punish Dangote, Zenithbank, Globacom - Bode George by juman(m): 11:43am On Oct 11, 2019
The ex convict tried to portray himself as a patriot. I laugh

Nay nay, the most unpatriotic persons, you find them among the most senior military persons. They are very greedy. They dragged Nigeria down to this level.

Bode george was a governor o, and also he was a very senior pdp leader. The pdp that stole the country dry.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Vusi Thembekwayo Boasts He Will Defeat Reno Omokri To Win Business Insider Award / Funeral Service Of Rotimi Akeredolu In Pictures / FFK Replies Trump On Twitter: "Do Not Waver! Hold The Line And Be Strong!"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.