Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? (33718 Views)

9 Nigerian Music Influenced Slangs And Their Meanings / Nigerian Music Groups That Have Broken Up (Photos) / 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by atheistandproud(m): 11:07pm On Oct 11, 2019
Styl Plus

Winner hands down

4 Likes

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by Nkc22: 11:10pm On Oct 11, 2019
Ayconq:
Iya Basira
Olufunmi
Call My Name
4 Years Waka
Imagine That
Runaway
Home Within Your Heart
Always On My Mind
Drives Me Crazy

STYL-PLUS; Pure talent. Good lyrical content. R&B at its best.

I give it to them.

You left out "Stay Alive" ~ stay alive for those who loves you... They need you in their lives...need you in their lives..

Play it safe
Stay alive...

Am having goosebumps already...

10 Likes

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by WalkerMichael(m): 11:13pm On Oct 11, 2019
I miss styl plus so much. I had to go listen to their tracks again.

Ps: downloaded and updated my playlists with their tracks just now. I would be jamming these tracks for a long time. Thank you op! Styl plus I love you guys xoxoxo cry cry cry
.. This is what we call beautiful music

My favorite track remains IYA BASIRAT. "IYA BASIRA E DON JAZZ ME O"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8BCj3USAAY

5 Likes

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by Seyilome(m): 11:16pm On Oct 11, 2019
I swear to God, it is STYL-PLUS, I still have all their songs on my phone,I always listen to them. I miss STYL-PLUS,I downloaded all their interviews.

NOTE: STYL-PLUS released 4 albums not 3,(1)call my name in 2003,(2)Expression in 2006, (3) Unbreakable in (2009) and (4) Back & Better in 2013. Peace

7 Likes

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by Mrsserene: 11:18pm On Oct 11, 2019
I hate the Psquare breakup. I hate to see family break apart.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by Jonathan39: 11:20pm On Oct 11, 2019
Till now, final year students still play 4 years by style plus after last pa per. I love style plus. Their voice no b here... come back style plus embarassed tongue

7 Likes

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by BluntBoy(m): 11:23pm On Oct 11, 2019
For me, it is Styl-Pus. Those guys were pure talents.

As for Trybesmen, I only liked one of their songs. I don't miss them at all.

I also don't miss Psquare. I don't miss Mo'hits (I liked their Booty Call song, though). I was never a fan of Maintain and KC Presh, especially KC Presh.

I ought to miss Plantashun Boiz and Remedies, but I don't know why I don't. Maybe it is because I think of the crew members individually. I like Tony Tetuilla's My Car and his collabo with TicTac. Then Eedris's Mr Lecturer. Eddie too released a track back then which was partly shot in an airport. Maybe it is one reason why I don't miss the group.

But Styl-Plus, I miss that group. Shiffi and Zeal did come back together, but they couldn't break into the Nigerian music scene. Tunde has gone solo, but his songs sound too foreign. Moreover, in this period where wacky songs are getting relatively better attention, there is no how Tunde can gain that much attention that Styl-Plus gained.

7 Likes

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Oct 11, 2019
Pigsandidiots:
Naija no fit do things together for long. Not surprised, even twins from same parent broke up. Meanwhile, Backstreet boys, West life have been together till date without breaking. Africa mentality always sucks.

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by Midex88(m): 11:32pm On Oct 11, 2019
Nobody remeber X- Appeal. The duo of Jazzman Olofin and LexyDoo
Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by Theoarhics: 11:38pm On Oct 11, 2019
Boy2men
Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by foster212: 11:39pm On Oct 11, 2019
@Op. Which Olu maintain still dey sing till date? Can you tell me his recent track record?
Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by haweezii(m): 11:40pm On Oct 11, 2019
Styl plus is d best for me
Four years
Olufunmi
Imaging that
Call my name

I miss this guys ...

3 Likes

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by stasius: 11:49pm On Oct 11, 2019
Styl plus ooooo. Where are they?

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by hustleranthem(m): 11:53pm On Oct 11, 2019
From the comments so far, Styplus is leading the poll. For me, my all time favorite is "Plantashun boiz". Those guys made sweet Melody especially *if life, you and I, don't you know, knock me off, ememma, one n only*

Then psquare comes second for me...Game over album was and will always be a classic. Much respect to this group.
Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by Awoo88: 11:55pm On Oct 11, 2019
The only groupe to miss is plantation boiz and the no'hit.
Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by Nobody: 12:12am On Oct 12, 2019
Style plus any day.

3 Likes

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by Delite01(f): 12:13am On Oct 12, 2019
Styl-Plus....Those guys are just too good.
This their track is my favorite "Run Away

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by mkoabiola: 12:19am On Oct 12, 2019
Mo hits
Planatshun boiz
Style plus
Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by 1Sharon(f): 12:30am On Oct 12, 2019
landmark86:
4. Trybesmen: The Nigerian group consisted of Eldee, Kaboom and Freestyle. Their first album was released in 1999 and received good airplay. Their hit singles included Trybal Marks and Shake Bodi. Freestyle and Eldee went on to release solo albums after the split of their group but it was only Eldee that kept on making an impact in the music industry

And Sashaaa

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by 1Sharon(f): 12:36am On Oct 12, 2019
addexx:
Zule zoo undecided

They were so unique. They put their tribe on the map
Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by jclassiq(m): 12:40am On Oct 12, 2019
Black Tribe
Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by Nobody: 12:44am On Oct 12, 2019
Style plus
I sometimes send some of their lyrics to my Fiancee in America

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by stasius: 12:58am On Oct 12, 2019
Styl plus please come back and sing again!

Am crying and begging you guys.... Please cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Just one more song pls.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by micflo28(m): 1:25am On Oct 12, 2019
Where is the rooftop MC's

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by blank(f): 1:45am On Oct 12, 2019
Plantashion boys, the whole world is turning
To a better day, every dog must have its day.

Ay ya ya somebody say plantashion boys.
Somebody say, at ya ya, plantashion boys.

Oyibo shey pencil o shey eraser.
Mosquito na malaria.

Efon.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by favour32(m): 1:54am On Oct 12, 2019
madridsta007:

Oriental Brothers.
Chief Osita Osadebe.
Oliver De Coque.

(In no particular order)
Dem neva born 80% of nairalanders,
therefore,dem nor know those three music legends wey you quote so.
Aya Kan kan....my best!

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by chukzyfcbb: 1:58am On Oct 12, 2019
If I could runaway.
I would run with you, far away
to a place, where there would be angels
who will describe to you, the way I feel
feel for you, feel about you
my heart and my soul desire!

If I could pick a date to runaway
I would surely pick a Sunday
coz the angels will be here

#styl plus

This track gives me nostalgic feelings Sha, styl plus did not have one bad song, not one!

It's unfortunate music wasn't paying that much at the time

#StylPlus any day , anytime

7 Likes

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by chukzyfcbb: 2:25am On Oct 12, 2019
Ayconq:
Iya Basira
Olufunmi
Call My Name
4 Years Waka
Imagine That
Runaway
Home Within Your Heart
Always On My Mind
Drives Me Crazy

STYL-PLUS; Pure talent. Good lyrical content. R&B at its best.

I give it to them.

I am Downloading all right away!

5 Likes

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by internationalman(m): 2:26am On Oct 12, 2019
blank:
Plantashion boys, the whole world is turning
To a better day, every dog must have its day

Ay ya ya somebody say plantashion boys.
Somebody say, at ya ya, plantashion boys.

Oyibo shey pencil o shey eraser.
Mosquito na malaria.

Efon.
I swear up till today I never knew those were what they were actually saying in that lyrics..

thanks
Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by macof(m): 2:27am On Oct 12, 2019
I still listen to Styl plus

Their music is set in stone

3 Likes

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by Kylekent59: 2:34am On Oct 12, 2019
Who remembers Zule Zoo?

It a necessary

Kere wawa

lol, those days.

between the two, one died(Zoo, Mike hassan)because he was cursed by his tribe people and was a drug addict which affected him and made him mad. He sang a song that was a taboo to his tribe. He died and till date, no one has heard from Zule(Ibrahim).
Both from Benue state

It is definitely style pluz.

Olufunmi oo.
Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by SmartMugu: 2:48am On Oct 12, 2019
TotoNaRubber:
NONE NONE NONE

NONE

NONE

I need toto toto toto toto toooooo.... to

Are you ok?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Naija Artist Tops African Richest Musician Lists / Eleven Lines You will Surely Hear On Nigerian Songs... / Flashback: How Many Of You Remember Lyrics Books?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.