Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,236 members, 7,953,888 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:21 AM

Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? (33996 Views)

9 Nigerian Music Influenced Slangs And Their Meanings / Nigerian Music Groups That Have Broken Up (Photos) / 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by Dreew(f): 7:27am On Oct 12, 2019
No group or defunct group in Nigeria like the Plantashun Boiz abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by zedman1(m): 7:29am On Oct 12, 2019
Yonce:
How about Resonance?
The Christian music group.
That girl had a sweet voice like Simi of today, they sing like birds. However that guy was a spoiler in the group.

3 Likes

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by Dreew(f): 7:29am On Oct 12, 2019
damosky12:
Remedies, Style plus, Mo hits.. Maintain.

Who remembers Remedy's
"omode meta n shere
shere o... wo n shere ayo.."

Maintain
"won je Abiola o se ijoba ti o Fi ku o
adupe won tun gbe fun Obasanjo o..."

Good ol days.

Tony teuila sang Omode meta not remedies.
Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by Nobody: 7:31am On Oct 12, 2019
What's the name of that group that sang 'let's stay together' sometime in 2004?It was a guy and three ladies.That one song used to make me feel optimistic and sad at the same time.I used to hear it every morning on that TV programme ...Am Express or something.
Then I stumbled on their video on YouTube the other day.
I think that group had potential.There was something,an x factor I felt in that group.Talented.
Ty bello was a member...and then the other girl,cant remember her name but she went solo too.
Please who knows that group name?I could Google it but its not that serious biko

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by Dreew(f): 7:32am On Oct 12, 2019
BafanaBafana:
Plantation boys were the bomb back then. They and Remedies should be the oldest among these groups and started the Afro pop/ hip pop we have today.
Plantation boys had a unique sound which they called the "plantation flavour". Blackface once said that the flavour can only be heard when the 3 of them come together to do music. To me they ar the best group ever

They're the best group ever. It's not by the number of likes. All these people posting styl plus, mo.hits are small boys. How can you compare styl plus to plantashun? These ones don't know anything.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by Dreew(f): 7:34am On Oct 12, 2019
TheWrita:
What's the name of that group that sang 'let's stay together' sometime in 2004?It was a guy and three ladies.That one song used to make me feel optimistic and sad at the same time.I used to hear it every morning on that TV programme ...Am Express or something.
Then I stumbled on their video on YouTube the other day.
I think that group had potential.There was something,an x factor I felt in that group.Talented.
Ty bello was a member...and then the other girl,cant remember her name but she went solo too.
Please who knows that group name?I could Google it but its not that serious biko

Let's Live Together: KUSH

5 Likes

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by Nobody: 7:34am On Oct 12, 2019
zedman1:
That girl had a sweet voice like Simi of today, they sing like birds. However that guy was a spoiler in the group.
Oh...That CD was the one of the first naija CD I went out and BOUGHT with my own money.
Holy ghost fire
Lee Lee
Chibuike

That same 2004 was a good year in naija music.
That was also the year don jazzy came out with his protege,D banj

The year tuface released his first album.

2004 was a good year in naija music

Please any info on resonance?Where are they?I think that guy was the brain behind the music while the girl was the star.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by Midex88(m): 7:45am On Oct 12, 2019
Nobody remeber daTrybe. a collaboration of all the artistes on the label which were Sasha P, 2 Shotz, Blaise, Dr Sid, Oladele, Double O, Dr Timi and Myst. {They were called Da’Trybe } With tight chorus, the dance steps and the hard bars.

They were good then
Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by Midex88(m): 7:46am On Oct 12, 2019
chukzyfcbb:
If I could runaway.
I would run with you, far away
to a place, where there would be angels
who will describe to you, the way I feel
feel for you, feel about you
my heart and my soul desire!

If I could pick a date to runaway
I would surely pick a Sunday
coz the angels will be here

#styl plus

This track gives me nostalgic feelings Sha, styl plus did not have one bad song, not one!

It's unfortunate music wasn't paying that much at the time

#StylPlus any day , anytime

Runaway

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by lady2sexy(f): 7:48am On Oct 12, 2019
Wow! Style plus songs made me loose control back then. I don't wanna remember what their song 'Run away' made me do with that... wink
That's a story for another day sha grin

They still remain my best musician ever. I really love and miss them cry
Shiana Twain came second after these guys. Really miss her too.
Just love cool music kiss
Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by SURElee(f): 7:54am On Oct 12, 2019
None
Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by brownbib(m): 7:56am On Oct 12, 2019
Good Article.
Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by zedman1(m): 7:59am On Oct 12, 2019
tongue
TheWrita:

Oh...That CD was the one of the first naija CD I went out and BOUGHT with my own money.
Holy ghost fire
Lee Lee
Chibuike

That same 2004 was a good year in naija music.
That was also the year don jazzy came out with his protege,D banj

The year tuface released his first album.

2004 was a good year in naija music

Please any info on resonance?Where are they?I think that guy was the brain behind the music while the girl was the star.
I don't think after Estar's song with 2face I've heard anything from her. Ok, maybe the guy had other roles to play other than singing (rapping)
Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by Midex88(m): 8:09am On Oct 12, 2019
Ayconq:
Iya Basira
Olufunmi
Call My Name
4 Years Waka
Imagine That
Runaway
Home Within Your Heart
Always On My Mind
Drives Me Crazy

STYL-PLUS; Pure talent. Good lyrical content. R&B at

I give it to them.

StylePlus Mase still one of the best ever

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by farouk2much(m): 8:17am On Oct 12, 2019
Danfo drivers
Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by worldclass68(m): 8:33am On Oct 12, 2019
damosky12:
Remedies, Style plus, Mo hits.. Maintain.

Who remembers Remedy's
"omode meta n shere
shere o... wo n shere ayo.."

Maintain
"won je Abiola o se ijoba ti o Fi ku o
adupe won tun gbe fun Obasanjo o..."

Good ol days.

alooooo.....
storyyyyyy....

backing up of those songs up there
Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by MrNipplesLover(m): 8:34am On Oct 12, 2019
embarassed

nobody even remembers "freewindz"

Oma shey oooo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by olexjay(m): 9:25am On Oct 12, 2019
Style plus

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by Sambaby7640: 9:34am On Oct 12, 2019
Geophilip:
style plus

if they come together and release a song I will give them 50m mark my words
I have screenshot this and your profile.
Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by Treasure17(m): 9:51am On Oct 12, 2019
Mine has to be platashun boys. That you and I song is evergreen mehn
Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by IkemChris(m): 9:56am On Oct 12, 2019
I miss Zulezu and Danfo Drivers
Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by AvalonSpace(m): 10:39am On Oct 12, 2019
Still fancy Styl-Plus.. Especially after the death of Lanre, they released "Four Years Don Waka, We Still Dey Carry Go.."
Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by Carlyboi(m): 10:44am On Oct 12, 2019
zedman1:
Where Kcee came from, whack group, sorry to their fans.
. Abi na lol kc who?
Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by Richywire(m): 11:01am On Oct 12, 2019
Style plus
Mohits
They are d best☺
Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by Geophilip: 11:09am On Oct 12, 2019
Sambaby7640:
I have screenshot this and your profile.

you get time
Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by donMIG(m): 11:13am On Oct 12, 2019
I don't miss them all
I just miss 2pac and the outlawz
Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by Okpueze1(m): 11:33am On Oct 12, 2019
I am missing 'Oriental Brothers' and 'Style plus'.
Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by wolverine1987: 12:10pm On Oct 12, 2019
SirGentle2:
Styl plus take d lead...

Pls, style plus, if u are on nairaland, and u can see my comment, come back together and do one more song together... I really miss you guyz
I think they did a song last year or so aso ibora nice song I really miss them
Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by chukzyfcbb: 12:12pm On Oct 12, 2019
zedman1:
"Omode meta shere" wasn't remedies, rather was the beginning of the end of remedies. It was a song by Tony Tetuila ( a member of the group) featuring Blackface, 2face and I THINK (not sure again) rough-rugged & raw.
so I thought too , coz tuface had the hook in that song.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by wolverine1987: 12:21pm On Oct 12, 2019
chukzyfcbb:

I am Downloading all right away!
I just downloaded them now especially runaway it sends shivers down my spine cos it brings back bittersweet memories my mum loved the song before she died
Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by GuntersChain(m): 12:53pm On Oct 12, 2019
Zule zoo, Danfo drivers.
Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by madridsta007(m): 1:49pm On Oct 12, 2019
favour32:

Dem neva born 80% of nairalanders,
therefore,dem nor know those three music legends wey you quote so.
Aya Kan kan....my best!

LOL 80%... More like 95%
That’s my best too smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Just Released - 9ice, New Album, Titled "red Eye Moda Foker" / Recent Photos Of ABBA And Their Avatars / D’banj To Work With Former Partner Don Jazzy On New Album

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.