Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,278 members, 7,818,936 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada (76706 Views)

My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park / My Weird & Creepy Experience At Erin Ijesha Waterfalls / Photos From My Christmas Experience At Udo Udoma Park In Uyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Ken24(m): 9:28pm On Oct 16, 2019
I just love that country, oh Lord bring my helper to me cry just want exit this country.. go school,after haven graduated and served still no job..they say"acquire skills,it will help" yet... smh

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Ekpekus(m): 2:43am On Oct 17, 2019
salford1:

Definitely not all Canadians are nice. It is erroneous to generalise based on a few occurences. All countries have good and bad people. I have met some really nasty Canadians. From my experience, people generally seem to be more friendlier in smaller Canadian cities. People in bigger cities tend to mind their own business and can often show a nasty behavior when you cross their personal space.
Ogbeni we suppose rub mind one of these days o... you still dey town abi na Saskatchewan?
Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by salford1: 3:32am On Oct 17, 2019
Ekpekus:

Ogbeni we suppose rub mind one of these days o... you still dey town abi na Saskatchewan?
My chairman. I full ground for Sask.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Ekpekus(m): 4:19am On Oct 17, 2019
salford1:

My chairman. I full ground for Sask.
Holla your boy when you enter town from Sask

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by salford1: 5:10am On Oct 17, 2019
Ekpekus:

Holla your boy when you enter town from Sask
Sure. Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by drhammed: 5:31am On Oct 17, 2019
I think you've said it all ����
salford1:

From my experience, people generally seem to be more friendlier in smaller Canadian cities. People in bigger cities tend to mind their own business and can often show a nasty behavior when you cross their personal space.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Mboi: 8:27am On Oct 17, 2019
salford:

He likely we for training in a very small city. They might actually be friendly but just suprised or shocked to see a non-white person in town if they are not used to seeing one.

I remember working in a very small town where the toddler could not keep his/her eyes of me all through our(myself and 5 other white colleagues) time at the restaurant. grin. The parents were sort of embarrased.

We have had an hire at work who said he had not seen a black person in real life till he entered University.

While there are racist pricks out there, there are also people just shocked or suprised and would stare. The brave ones would come over to discuss American football thinking you are American - Ignorance.
Lol... Ok they will be thinking you're black American.
Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by FutureFocus: 6:25pm On Jan 01, 2020
an environment where people reason well, infact, I need to do a research on the impact of excessive sun on people's brain.
Canada is a great place with good people

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Yankee101: 6:25pm On Jan 01, 2020
Fresh off the boat

But Canadians are known for being nice/polite sha
Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Amanda4life: 6:25pm On Jan 01, 2020
Lalaska:
So my wife and I took a few days off. It's pre thanksgiving and we decided to have lunch at a restaurant. We went with our 11 month old baby and sat beside a couple that were wrapping up their own lunch. They admired our beautiful baby and gave the usual compliments - "oh she's so cute", "How old is she" etc.
They left before us and when we concluded, asked for the bill. We received the shock of our lives when the waiter told us the couple had paid for our lunch, that they liked our baby. We were so surprised and didn't even have the opportunity to say thank you to them. These guys are super nice here and we indeed feel very grateful. Happy thanksgiving to all Canadians.

Please wait ayam coming there
Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by ZombieTERROR: 6:26pm On Jan 01, 2020
edoairways:
That is good. Am planning to relocate there, how is their weather over there?

After chanting sai barber all of you will disappear.... It's not possible

12 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by maasoap(m): 6:26pm On Jan 01, 2020
Crownbefitsme:
In Nigeria here..
They will tell you dat dey have paid for your food

N also remind d waiter
Some waiters are not smiling
Some of them will still collect money for the food they paid for

It is necessary in Nigeria because the restaurant operator wouldn't inform you, he or she would just collect double pay for one meal. So, it is not the fault of the givers

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Amanda4life: 6:27pm On Jan 01, 2020
Stormyweather:
my lecturer shared a similar experience. They just moved to Canada and Needed to get a washing machine urgently, they found one that the price was really higher than their budget but felt they could beat it down. They Approached the young couple selling it and after bargaining, they paid and went to look for a truck to bring it Home. When they got Home, the wife opened the washing machine and saw an envelope with more than thrice the money they paid, there was a small Note there that read "we love your family and hope you settle in Soon, please do reach out if you need any assistance.". That was really touching. This happened over 10 years ago.

I'm almost dying here
Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by idonhammer: 6:29pm On Jan 01, 2020
Gloria unobi is right then. Canada sure pass
Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jan 01, 2020
grin grin grin Good neighborliness, we usually practice that in Nigeria before but now fear dey catch person especially when your neighbors bring New year rice now and you remember Pastor Olukoya' s MFM message .

9 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by chukwuibuipob: 6:32pm On Jan 01, 2020
cool
Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jan 01, 2020
Lalaska:
So my wife and I took a few days off. It's pre thanksgiving and we decided to have lunch at a restaurant. We went with our 11 month old baby and sat beside a couple that were wrapping up their own lunch. They admired our beautiful baby and gave the usual compliments - "oh she's so cute", "How old is she" etc.
They left before us and when we concluded, asked for the bill. We received the shock of our lives when the waiter told us the couple had paid for our lunch, that they liked our baby. We were so surprised and didn't even have the opportunity to say thank you to them. These guys are super nice here and we indeed feel very grateful. Happy thanksgiving to all Canadians.

Ure welcome
Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by nyxus(m): 6:33pm On Jan 01, 2020
If a country can get education right

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by prciouschika(f): 6:35pm On Jan 01, 2020
Canada has always been my dream country....oh Jehovah I don't know when but may it come to pass

10 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Taiwo20(m): 6:38pm On Jan 01, 2020
Lalaska:

Can please share with us how you migrated to Canada.
I am saving up already.
Latest 2021. That's my target.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by FirstbornWds: 6:38pm On Jan 01, 2020
Aaronsrod:

I caution all Nigerians against this 'Thanksgiving'! You see how we approach Halloween!?!

The same evil Oyinbo spirits whe give them flight and televisions also makes them appear as angels.

Once they take your emotional power you fall into their web of demonicalsim.

If they approach you with smiles, FLEE!!

What are you even saying?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by ikwedim(m): 6:40pm On Jan 01, 2020
As you receive, do same to others

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by emmydee(m): 6:41pm On Jan 01, 2020
This thread is the only soothing story I have read on Nairaland in a decade!

9 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by edoairways: 6:41pm On Jan 01, 2020
ZombieTERROR:

After chanting sai barber all of you will disappear.... It's not possible
cheesy grin grin I didn't vote next level oh grin
Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by 400billionman: 6:43pm On Jan 01, 2020
7Alexandre:

Maybe because of your negativity.

Most folks hate people with bad energy.

You know those people who wanna talk about the negatives only while ignoring the positive side.

Also couple with the fact that such negativity is coming from a woman.

Both you Mizwisdom & Timesup234 are like 5 & 6.

I always avoid people like that.

Because they never motivate you but tend to draw you into their territory with negative energy which is bad for human living.

Negative energy is like woman energy though not all.

They hardly see positive. But a man must see what he wants before he can possess/take hold of it.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by sacx: 6:44pm On Jan 01, 2020
justwise:

This is the aspect of Christianity I detest. Deceiving people with all sorts of unproven spiritual mongering

Correlation between what he said and Christianity?

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Expert17: 6:44pm On Jan 01, 2020
Mizwisdom:
Why was my previous post deleted? grin

Like I posted before, one Nigerian paid for the flight tickets of more than 700 stranded country folks in S.A does that make all Nigerians kind? what of the bro who gave N1 million to a beggar and translator right here in Nigeria? so because one White person pays your meal and complements your baby it means all Canadians are nice grin

I was like u 6 years ago........

After visiting Canada, my mentality changed,.....
Wen u get dere ( maybe), u will be disgusted u ever post dis kind of comment on Nairaland.

Canadians are nice people.

15 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Christmas's Village Home To All Christian Tourists... Photos / All About JOS The Sweet And Non Expensive Nigerian City! (exclusive Photos) / Nigerians Who Absconded After Traveling To Russia For World Cup, Cry Out. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.