Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,192 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England (217688 Views)

Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (108) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by mikuz(m): 9:57pm On Jul 13, 2022
openmine:

Pre season friendly is a platform where a 5th division team in Italian league can beat Juventus 4-0 or where Almeria is allowed to beat Barca 4-0
I am suspecting he may have gambled with 300k for an LFC win...thats why he feels pained!
When i first saw the LFC lineup and that of manutd,i already knew we would be beaten....I just laughed and said this klopp don start again cheesy cheesy

Show me a season in the EPL in the past ten years where the champions were humiliated by a 4 goal margin in pre season
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by openmine(m): 10:18pm On Jul 13, 2022
mikuz:

We are talking about Man Utd v Liverpool and you still dey mention their games against QPR and Napoli. Who cares about the result of dead rubber friendly games. Are QPR and Napoli their arch rivals.

Lets not deviate oga
I only showed you that pre season friendly matches no matter the opponent can never determine the performance of LFC or any club in the upcoming season!
I used QPR and Napoli as instances to prove you can beat the best teams in friendlies but that will not translate to a successful season and no QPR and Napoli are not archrivals! smiley smiley

mikuz:

I ve challenged you to show me a pre season were we got demolished by a big EPL in pre season and later went ahead to win the league or challenge for the title.
There is no point challenging me about this because that is not the bone of contention!
Like i explained earlier whether LFC engage a manutd or chelsea or even mancity in a pre season friendly,klopp attaches no desire to win or even make an attempt and most LFC fans know this....He uses those games for something else other than winning!

I would advise that you do not attach any form of emotions in our upcoming or subsequent pre season friendlies to avoid stories that touch smiley
Know this and know peace!
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by openmine(m): 10:22pm On Jul 13, 2022
mikuz:

Show me a season in the EPL in the past ten years where the champions were humiliated by a 4 goal margin in pre season
Thats not the bone of contention!
Dont get paranoid over a pre season friendly no matter the opponent!
Know this and know peace!
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by BlaqFaze: 5:16am On Jul 14, 2022
openmine:
Thats not the bone of contention! Dont get paranoid over a pre season friendly no matter the opponent! Know this and know peace!
Boss na you get time to dey argue

1 Like

Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by mikuz(m): 6:23am On Jul 14, 2022
Noted, we shall revisit this as the season progresses.
Regards.
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Jodera: 10:04am On Jul 14, 2022
mikuz:
How can you describe Man Utd last pre season as impressive? How is Man Utd beating a team that almost got relegated an impressive result.? It's just like saying that Man City beating Southampton is an impressive result when that is what we would expect to happen.
An impressive result is when you finish 6th and eviscerate your arch rivals who almost won the league.
Lol... No talk this blasphemy near any Man u fan sha. You fit receive 2by2 for head.

Think I'm joking? Type exact same thing in Man u thread let's see the outcome grin
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Jodera: 10:10am On Jul 14, 2022
mikuz:
Noted, we shall revisit this as the season progresses.
Regards.
Does it have any effect in the season? No.

I personally don't watch preseason games. In fact, there's no such thing as rivalry in a preseason game. It's the main reason why goals scored there are not counted as career goals and trophies won are not acknowledged by the club. Even points does not count

If all those things I listed aren't important in the said game, why then will a player or coach wants to kill themselves? Reason am na grin

1 Like

Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by mikuz(m): 10:17am On Jul 14, 2022
Jodera:

I personally don't watch preseason games. In fact, there's no such thing as rivalry in a preseason game. It's the main reason why goals scored there are not counted as career goals and trophies won are not acknowledged by the club. Even points does not count

If all those things I listed aren't important in the said game, why then will a player or coach wants to kill themselves? Reason am na grin

Like I said before, we will revisit the issue as the season progresses, but I'm not comfortable with Man Utd pummelling us whether in pre season, inside Ukraninan war or the World Cup. It will never sit well with me.
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Jodera: 10:34am On Jul 14, 2022
mikuz:

Like I said before, we will revisit the issue as the season progresses, but I'm not comfortable with Man Utd pummelling us whether in pre season, inside Ukraninan war or the World Cup. It will never sit well with me.
You're not because you're seeing it as a rivalry as if it counts but realistically and logically it doesn't. Coaches know, players know,most fans know and I'll advise you to know that too. It doesn't.

2019/2020, Athletico Madrid walloped real Madrid 7-3 in a pre season game(biggest rivals).

Guess who won the league that same season proper? Real Madrid.
While athletico finished a distant 3rd.

Meanwhile as the season progressed and they met, athletico didn't win real Madrid home and away neither did they even score a goal that same season

1 Like

Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by mikuz(m): 10:34am On Jul 14, 2022
Jodera:

Pre season matches affect overall team performance to some extent. There will always be rivalry between Liverpool v Man Utd irrespective of the variables involved just like Messi v Ronaldo, Mourinho v Pep or Barcelona v Madrid - you just don't want to admit it.

I didn't say players should kill themselves over friendly games, my point is, you don't have to get disgraced while playing friendlies esp. with your arch rivals. Is there anything wrong with posting decent results in friendly matches? Is that too much to ask?
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by mikuz(m): 10:37am On Jul 14, 2022
Jodera:
You're not because you're seeing it as a rivalry as if it counts but realistically and logically it doesn't. Coaches know, players know,most fans know and I'll advise you to know that too. It doesn't.

2019/2020, Athletico Madrid walloped real Madrid 7-3 in a pre season game(biggest rivals).

Guess who won the league that same season proper? Real Madrid.

While athletico finished a distant 3rd.

Meanwhile as the season progressed and they met, athletico didn't win real Madrid home and away neither did they even score a goal that same season

Athletico Madrid v Madrid is not the same as Liverpool Man Utd, the equivalent of that in Spain is Madrid v Barcelona so bring another point cos this one won't fly.
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Jodera: 10:43am On Jul 14, 2022
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Jodera: 10:43am On Jul 14, 2022
mikuz:

Athletico Madrid v Madrid is not the same as Liverpool Man Utd, the equivalent of that in Spain is Madrid v Barcelona so bring another point cos this one won't fly.
Who told you they are not biggest rivals. The two biggest rivals Madrid have are Barca and Athletico. It's same way Liverpool biggest rivals are Everton and Man u. Don't underestimate that Rivalry except you'll say there's no big rivalry between Liverpool and Everton

1 Like

Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by mikuz(m): 10:56am On Jul 14, 2022
Jodera:
Who told you they are not biggest rivals. The two biggest rivals Madrid have are Barca and Athletico. It's same way Liverpool biggest rivals are Everton and Man u. Don't underestimate that Rivalry except you'll say there's no big rivalry between Liverpool and Everton

Athletico V Madrid is equivalent to Liverpool v Everton not Liverpool v Man Utd. Your point would hold water if Everton beat us 4 0 instead of Man Utd. The level of seriousness Madrid will apply while squaring up against Barcelona will not be the same when they play Athletico Madrid.
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Jodera: 11:18am On Jul 14, 2022
mikuz:

Athletico V Madrid is equivalent to Liverpool v Everton not Liverpool v Man Utd. Your point would hold water if Everton beat us 4 0 instead of Man Utd. The level of seriousness Madrid will apply while squaring up against Barcelona will not be the same when they play Athletico Madrid.
You brought up rivalry as your valid points and I brought you big rivals and how such score existed in preseason. You now twisting it to seriousness is you now doing anything to justify this your talk na cheesy.

No Madrid fan whether in Nigeria or Spain (esp Spain) would tell you they don't put much seriousness when they want to play athletico. In fact to native Spanish and Madridsters, their rivalry against athletico is bigger than that against Barca. Why you here in Nigeria is seeing Madrid-Barca rivalry as the biggest is because of how big both teams are thus it's worldwide attention.

Same way no English Liverpool fan would tell you they're not putting more seriousness against Everton compared to Man u. Check int'l fora when both games wanna play and see the anxiety and tension before the matches.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by openmine(m): 11:44am On Jul 14, 2022
BlaqFaze:
Boss na you get time to dey argue
No vex nah...i am trying to express my sincere sympathy on our fellow LFC comrade betting loss! cool cool
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by openmine(m): 11:47am On Jul 14, 2022
Jodera:
Lol... No talk this blasphemy near any Man u fan sha. You fit receive 2by2 for head.

Think I'm joking? Type exact same thing in Man u thread let's see the outcome grin
grin grin
I nor follow ohh

Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by mikuz(m): 12:32pm On Jul 14, 2022
Jodera:
You brought up rivalry as your valid points and I brought you big rivals and how such score existed in preseason. You now twisting it to seriousness is you now doing anything to justify this your talk na cheesy.

No Madrid fan whether in Nigeria or Spain (esp Spain) would tell you they don't put much seriousness when they want to play athletico. In fact to native Spanish and Madridsters, their rivalry against athletico is bigger than that against Barca. Why you here in Nigeria is seeing Madrid-Barca rivalry as the biggest is because of how big both teams are thus it's worldwide attention.

Same way no English Liverpool fan would tell you they're not putting more seriousness against Everton compared to Man u. Check int'l fora when both games wanna play and see the anxiety and tension before the matches.

You are just selling El Classico short. There is nothing you are going say to convince anybody that Athletico v Madrid carries the same weight as El Classico.
El Classico don suffer for your hand bros.grin
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Jodera: 2:32pm On Jul 14, 2022
openmine:

grin grin
I nor follow ohh
Lol.... You suppose follow am so that you fit bring am out alive.

The way everybody been dey vex for that thread last season eh, you go know say wetin your comrade talk about Man u finishing 6th na blasphemy grin
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Jodera: 2:47pm On Jul 14, 2022
mikuz:

You are just selling El Classico short. There is nothing you are going say to convince anybody that Athletico v Madrid carries the same weight as El Classico.
El Classico don suffer for your hand bros.grin
Lol, Man u and Liverpool rivalry is just because of how strong both team were— like mostly top 2 winnin/vying for the available trophies. Give it 10yrs from now and if man u is still average the way they are while you guys are strong the way you are presently, nobody will ever hear of Man u — Liverpool rivalry again. Highest it'll shift to Man city— Liverpool rivalry. This is different from Liverpool's rivalry with Everton that it's deeply ingrained in the fabric of the rivalry. Come rain come sunshine, Liverpool—everton rivalry will always exist maybe until one of them relegates. Same thing applies to Athletico—Madrid rivalry.

In fact, lemme ask your fellow comrades.

Which rivalry presently is the fiercest rivalry between the two. That is the rivalry that both Liverpool fans in England and Liverpool players take more seriously?

Liverpool—Everton or Liverpool— Man u

Capdan21, Openmine, Anfieldfan, Minemerys.
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by openmine(m): 3:33pm On Jul 14, 2022
Jodera:
Lol, Man u and Liverpool rivalry is just because of how strong both team were— like mostly top 2 winnin/vying for the available trophies. Give it 10yrs from now and if man u is still average the way they are while you guys are strong the way you are presently, nobody will ever hear of Man u — Liverpool rivalry again. Highest it'll shift to Man city— Liverpool rivalry. This is different from Liverpool's rivalry with Everton that it's deeply ingrained in the fabric of the rivalry. Come rain come sunshine, Liverpool—everton rivalry will always exist maybe until one of them relegates. Same thing applies to Athletico—Madrid rivalry.

Which rivalry presently is the fiercest rivalry between the two. That is the rivalry that both Liverpool fans in England and Liverpool players take more seriously?

Omoh Na Everton ohh grin
Even Manutd will jubilate as if they won a title if they beat man city
During the covid19 season when Everton beat LFC at anfield with no crowd,they celebrated the win with champagne in their dressing room! grin
Even arsenal celebrated joyously when they won Chelsea at Stanford bridge last season!
Even PlayStation PES will make Everton strong like man city when they play Liverpool grin
Well different strokes for different folks!
I am suspecting he made a bet that's why he is overly paranoid with d loss!
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by openmine(m): 3:37pm On Jul 14, 2022
Jodera:
Lol.... You suppose follow am so that you fit bring am out alive.

The way everybody been dey vex for that thread last season eh, you go know say wetin your comrade talk about Man u finishing 6th na blasphemy grin
No manutd fan go ever say last season make sense...in fact if not for ororo goals,dem for dey drag 13th with Leicester city and Aston villa!
Season way make dem enter europa grin
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by mikuz(m): 3:39pm On Jul 14, 2022
Jodera:

You are not even a Liverpool fan?

Bros you are mistaking local rivalry for biggest rivalry. Liverpool's biggest local rival is Everton but their biggest rival in the country is Man Utd. How can local trump country wide?

What is your basis for postulating that one rivalry is bigger than the other?

That Everton is also based in Merseyside doesnt qualify them to be Liverpool's greatest rival. That they are based in the same city doesn't make them their biggest rival.

Chelsea and Fulham are based in Fulham . . does that make Fulham Chelsea's biggest rivals?

So you are saying that a match between Espanyol and Barcelona is considered greater than El Clasico? Haba!

Local derby can never be superior to country wide rivalry!
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by mikuz(m): 3:51pm On Jul 14, 2022
openmine:

Omoh Na Everton ohh grin
During the covid19 season when Everton beat LFC at anfield with no crowd,they celebrated the win with champagne in their dressing room! grin
Even arsenal celebrated joyously when they won Chelsea at Stanford bridge last season!
Even PlayStation PES will make Everton strong like man city when they play Liverpool grin

Underdogs will always celebrate when they win. We all saw how Aston Villa celebrated when they beat us. So you expect Chelsea to celebrate and pop champagne when they beat Fulham?
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by mikuz(m): 4:01pm On Jul 14, 2022
Man City won the league last season but someone is telling me that Man City could have preferred to beat Man Utd who were not title contenders just than beating Liverpool who wanted to take the league from them. I don see something for this thread!

If winning derbies are that relevant why don't we have special regnition and trophies for derby wins?
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by CAPdan21(m): 4:06pm On Jul 14, 2022
Jodera:

Everton rivalry is the fiercer rivalry Sha...The reason many think is not fierce now it's cuz Everton have not won anything reasonable for a long time so the tension exist mostly before, during and aftermath of derby days...The rivalry with man utd is based on both the strength of the two teams as the two most successful clubs in England as well as cultural as the people of Liverpool (scousers) do not see themselves as English but scouse, in that way it's not really different from Barca (Catalonia) and Madrid...That being said, even if man utd fails to win anything for 50 years the rivalry would still be fierce, just see the rivalry b/w Leeds and utd which is not half as fierce as that with Liverpool and the vitriol when the two clubs met in Epl after close to 15 yrs...
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by mikuz(m): 4:09pm On Jul 14, 2022
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Jodera: 4:10pm On Jul 14, 2022
openmine:

No manutd fan go ever say last season make sense...in fact if not for ororo goals,dem for dey drag 13th with Leicester city and Aston villa!
Season way make dem enter europa grin
I tell you. Even we arsenal fans dey vex for finishing 5th, e come be Man u wey dey pride themselves as the best go happy in finishing 6th?

Thank goodness say Mike talk am for this thread sha grin
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Jodera: 4:14pm On Jul 14, 2022
CAPdan21:

Everton rivalry is the fiercer rivalry Sha...The reason many think is not fierce now it's cuz Everton have not won anything reasonable for a long time so the tension exist mostly before, during and aftermath of derby days...The rivalry with man utd is based on both the strength of the two teams as the two most successful clubs in England as well as cultural as the people of Liverpool (scousers) do not see themselves as English but scouse, in that way it's not really different from Barca (Catalonia) and Madrid...That being said, even if man utd fails to win anything for 50 years the rivalry would still be fierce, just see the rivalry b/w Leeds and utd which is not half as fierce as that with Liverpool and the vitriol when the two clubs met in Epl after close to 15 yrs...

openmine:

Omoh Na Everton ohh grin
Mikuz, have you seen it from your fellow comrades?

You could see that even Liverpool fans recognise how Everton rivalry dey very very strong
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by mikuz(m): 4:20pm On Jul 14, 2022
Jodera:

Mikuz, have you seen it from your fellow comrades?

You could see that even Liverpool fans recognise how Everton rivalry dey very very strong

Liverpool v Everton is greater than Liverpool v Man city
This one weak me. grin
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Jodera: 4:24pm On Jul 14, 2022
mikuz:

You are not even a Liverpool fan?

Bros you are mistaking local rivalry for biggest rivalry. Liverpool's biggest local rival is Everton but their biggest rival in the country is Man Utd. How can local trump country wide?

What is your basis for postulating that one rivalry is bigger than the other?

That Everton is also based in Merseyside doesnt qualify them to be Liverpool's greatest rival. That they are based in the same city doesn't make them their biggest rival.

Chelsea and Fulham are based in Fulham . . does that make Fulham Chelsea's biggest rivals?

So you are saying that a match between Espanyol and Barcelona is considered greater than El Clasico? Haba!

Local derby can never be superior to country wide rivalry!
Lol, I'm not a Liverpool fan.

As for the question, it's the history, the environment and the domestic fans(especially both fans in that region). That is the rivalry.

I'm an arsenal fan and I know what a Derby means. Arsenal fans especially in England will prefer for Chelsea to beat us or even Fulham but never ever tottenham. Same thing with tottenham. No matter the poor form we have, never ever tottenham.
I follow football, their fans and also their forums(esp the int'l club fora) and if you do, you'll know that the way you're underestimating Liverpool -Everton rivalry no suppose be so. Same way it is for Madrid/athletico rivalry. It might not be worldwide but within them and the domestic fans and players, they take very very personal

And also there's difference between derby and rivalries. Nothing concern rivalry with arsenal and west ham or Fulham even though they're all London clubs
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Jodera: 4:27pm On Jul 14, 2022
mikuz:

Liverpool v Everton is greater than Liverpool v Man city
This one weak me. grin
You see say na everyday person dey learn shey? grin grin

Is Liverpool Vs Man city even a rivalry. That one na newborn baby na grin

I want to ask a question.
Have you ever seen Liverpool and Everton play a friendly or preseason game?
Have you ever seen arsenal and Tottenham play a friendly or preseason game?
I've not, if you have show me please. Those two teams have fierceness amongst them both in players and fans whenever they meet each other.

In fact it's difficult for them to sell players between each other. It goes deep than you think.

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (108) (Reply)

Paris Saint-gemain FC Fan Thread: Les Rouge-et-bleu..."Revons plus grand" / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) / Manchester City Fan Thread!!

Viewing this topic: Jodera and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.