Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England (217471 Views)

Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (108) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by openmine(m): 10:27am On Jun 30, 2022
AnfieldFan:

What are you on about?
Did Nunez seek a move, did Diaz, did Mane seek a move before we went for him?

All the players you mentioned expressed a desire to play for Liverpool!
Nunez openly told his agent he wanted to come to LFC because it suited his style of play!
Diaz had already signified interest to play for Liverpool hence preparations were made for next season...however,LFC had to move quickly when his agent secretly informed LFC that spurs were trying to make inroads to get Diaz in January!
Mane wanted to come to LFC even before klopp called....mane made it clear LFC was his number one choice!
These are all on the internet!
A google search is all u need!

AnfieldFan:

Did Bobby seek a move from Hoffeinham, did Fabio tell anyone he wanted to come to Liverpool before we went for him, you approach a club and a player's agent if you're interested....

Baba....Na wa!
These are moves that were borne out of a desire to play for Liverpool!
Bobby had two options which were manutd and Liverpool but choose LFC because the playing style of former lfc coach Brenda rogers suited his game!
Fabinho showed up as soon as LFC expressed interest!

AnfieldFan:

Barella is playing in Milan, if Liverpool table an offer, Barella won't reject it...Who told you we are forcing him to come to us, did we force Salah to come to us?

You thoughts in the transfer market is not how it works in reality!
Barella can only come to a club when the agent signals an availability or possibility!
Or you think LFC haven't already made contact with barella's agent?
If the player is happy at the club,there is nothing a purchasing club can do about it as long as the club is not a selling club or is not going through a financial crisis!
Salah was available and was ready to play in the EPL after his awful time at Chelsea and when he heard from his agent that LFC and klopp wanted him,he instantly agreed!
As a side note,try and play PS4 PES games and get acquainted with how the transfer market works!

AnfieldFan:

As for Inter valuing him at 95 mill, that's irrelevant if there is no release clause..
His current market value is 70m, most players go below their market value, offer Keita and 30-40m and you're good to go..
If the player is valued at 70 million, it simply means he is worth more than that to inter Milan!
This corroborates to what I said about him being valued above the 95 million!
This is also where you get that part wrong!
You cannot just offer keita as part of the deal if he or his agents are not interested!
There was actually a rumour that such was in their plans but so far is keita interested in such move? Is inter Milan willing to make such deal?
Most importantly,does barella want a move to LFC?
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Silentgroper(m): 11:04am On Jun 30, 2022
Liverpool and klopp just dey tire me this days..
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by AnfieldFan: 11:19am On Jun 30, 2022
openmine:

All the players you mentioned expressed a desire to play for Liverpool!
Nunez openly told his agent he wanted to come to LFC because it suited his style of play!
Diaz had already signified interest to play for Liverpool hence preparations were made for next season...however,LFC had to move quickly when his agent secretly informed LFC that spurs were trying to make inroads to get Diaz in January!
Mane wanted to come to LFC even before klopp called....mane made it clear LFC was his number one choice!
These are all on the internet!
A google search is all u need!

No Sir, no player there told the media they wanted to play for Liverpool before our intentions were made known....We inquired and bid for these players before they expressed their willingness...

openmine:

Baba....Na wa!
These are moves that were borne out of a desire to play for Liverpool!
Bobby had two options which were manutd and Liverpool but choose LFC because the playing style of former lfc coach Brenda rogers suited his game!
Fabinho showed up as soon as LFC expressed interest!

No Sir, Man United never made a formal bid for Bobby.. Liverpool had already scouted Bobby the previous season and despite Rodgers' objection to the deal, we went ahead and signed him... Rodgers preferred Benteke.
Arsenal and Man United were muted options in that transfer window, none of them submitted a bid, only Liverpool did..
His agent remarked that window that his client was coming to England, never did Firmino tell Hoffeinham before our interest that he wanted to play here..
Thank you for bringing up Fabinho, I can remember that deal, it happened out of nowhere..Where did Fabinho ever tell Monaco that he wanted to play for Liverpool prior to us moving for him?

openmine:

You thoughts in the transfer market is not how it works in reality!
Barella can only come to a club when the agent signals an availability or possibility!
Or you think LFC haven't already made contact with barella's agent?
If the player is happy at the club,there is nothing a purchasing club can do about it as long as the club is not a selling club or is not going through a financial crisis!
Salah was available and was ready to play in the EPL after his awful time at Chelsea and when he heard from his agent that LFC and klopp wanted him,he instantly agreed!
As a side note,try and play PS4 PES games and get acquainted with how the transfer market works!

Man is telling me to play PS 4 to better understand how transfers work grin grin

According to you, Barella isn't available.
How isn't he available, is he not a player who currently plays for a football club,did his agent and club stamp a "not available banner" on his body?
Did the club and his agent reject a bid from Liverpool to conclude he isn't available?
We agreed contract details with Salah before signing him, FSG hasn't even contacted Barella's agent not to talk of a contract detail being rejected..
I don't know where you are getting the not available but I'm telling you it's a lie..

openmine:

If the player is valued at 70 million, it simply means he is worth more than that to inter Milan!
This corroborates to what I said about him being valued above the 95 million!
This is also where you get that part wrong!
You cannot just offer keita as part of the deal if he or his agents are not interested!
There was actually a rumour that such was in their plans but so far is keita interested in such move? Is inter Milan willing to make such deal?
Most importantly,does barella want a move to LFC?

His current market value is 70 mill. This means in order to get him, you would have to pay around this amount...
Inter can value him at 1bill, that's their business...His market value in the football world is give or take, 70m....

Clubs use players to facilitate deals all the time if they aren't willing to meet a particular valuation, it points to the sagacity of the demanding club to use what they have to get what they want..

I suggested it because it was a rumour too.. Whatever plans Keita has is mute, he will be sold or swapped if the club feels he is no longer pulling his fair weight or feels he has become surplus to requirements...A player can not stop a club from selling him if there are clubs that can meet that players wage demands. He's going to go if the club wants to move him on...
Also, Keita is a consummate professional who has been treated fairly and with respect since he arrived despite debilitating Injuries, he knows a move away to a less physically demanding league is the best for him if he can't break into Liverpool's first team, suggesting the deal won't work if Keita doesn't want it is disingenuous at best.
The club decides it's business, not a player..
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by openmine(m): 12:31pm On Jun 30, 2022
AnfieldFan:

No Sir, no player there told the media they wanted to play for Liverpool before our intentions were made known....We inquired and bid for these players before they expressed their willingness...
Baba but this was the same thing I said nah...
A player through the agent signifies suitors if such player is available or the selling club may do so due to financial crisis!
The players you mentioned made their desires known....whether it was before or after serves no relevance!
However,its easier for the club,current players and fans when a player expresses a willingness to come cos it most times make the player welcome!
And can also tell you with good authority based on links that those players wanted to come to LFC...the only player who was hesitant to come was actually coutinho when he was at inter Milan but finally left when his then coach Rafael benitez told coutinho he is not part of his plans!
Its a two way pattern and I highlighted it in my previous comments!
You just buttressed it and I see no reason for repetition!

AnfieldFan:

No Sir, Man United never made a formal bid for Bobby.. Liverpool had already scouted Bobby the previous season and despite Rodgers' objection to the deal, we went ahead and signed him... Rodgers preferred Benteke.
Arsenal and Man United were muted options in that transfer window, none of them submitted a bid, only Liverpool did..
His agent remarked that window that his client was coming to England, never did Firmino tell Hoffeinham before our interest that he wanted to play here..
Thank you for bringing up Fabinho, I can remember that deal, it happened out of nowhere..Where did Fabinho ever tell Monaco that he wanted to play for Liverpool prior to us moving for him?
Oga read my comments again....firmino got to LFC because of Brenda rogers style of play and Liverpool wanted him!
I never said Brenda wanted him!
Just like you said Brenda wanted benteke but he was later convinced by LFC recruitment officers that Firmino would be a star player and he did which surprised Brenda!

AnfieldFan:

Man is telling me to play PS 4 to better understand how transfers work grin grin
Obviously you rushed to comment without understanding my reason for making such statement!

I inserted it as a side note not as a shade but to better understand how a transfer actually works in real life because every operation is inserted there about transfers of players!

AnfieldFan:

How isn't he available, is he not a player who currently plays for a football club,did his agent and club stamp a "not available banner" on his body?
Did the club and his agent reject a bid from Liverpool to conclude he isn't available?
We agreed contract details with Salah before signing him, FSG hasn't even contacted Barella's agent not to talk of a contract detail being rejected..
I don't know where you are getting the not available but I'm telling you it's a lie.

Its hilarious going over this again but I will try for others not to be uninformed!
A club makes an inquiry but not in open about a player through his agent!
His agent meets with the player about a club's desire to sign him...if he agrees he tells the agent if he is interested or not!
Once an interest is expressed,the purchasing club goes to the players club to make it public....the club decides if the player is one they can cash in or hold onto depending on his value to the team!
We cannot tell if LFC have made an inquiry and we may never know until another club shows interest or he decides to make an interview that he is flattered by being admired by LFC but he is committed to inter Milan!
Now let me ask....even if LFC makes such inquiry,does Barrella want to come to LFC?
Is LFC where he expresses his desire to play for?
Aurélien Tchouaméni was not only courted by LFC but got a phone call from klopp,yet he still went to Real Madrid!
Serbian player Dušan Vlahović was courted by several clubs in Italy and england yet he expressed his desire to play for the old lady juventus and he was purchased from fiorentina for less than what top clubs like man city was pricing him!
The players consent and choice of club is also important for a move to be possible!

AnfieldFan:

His current market value is 70 mill. This means in order to get him, you would have to pay around this amount...
Inter can value him at 1bill, that's their business...His market value in the football world is give or take, 70m....
When a player is valued at that amount the club will also increase the fee!
If inter value him at 1 billon,the purchasing club will have to start negotiations from there!
You don't negotiate below or at that value as a selling club!
This was the reason why former manager arsene wenger after hearing Suarez value of 40 million added an extra one pound to purchase the player from LFC which was deemed as hilarious to FSG!
This is obtainable every where on transfers!

AnfieldFan:

Clubs use players to facilitate deals all the time if they aren't willing to meet a particular valuation, it points to the sagacity of the demanding club to use what they have to get what they want..

I suggested it because it was a rumour too.. Whatever plans Keita has is mute, he will be sold or swapped if the club feels he is no longer pulling his fair weight or feels he has become surplus to requirements...A player can not stop a club from selling him if there are clubs that can meet that players wage demands. He's going to go if the club wants to move him on...
Also, Keita is a consummate professional who has been treated fairly and with respect since he arrived despite debilitating Injuries, he knows a move away to a less physically demanding league is the best for him if he can't break into Liverpool's first team, suggesting the deal won't work if Keita doesn't want it is disingenuous at best.
grin
Chai this is obviously not true!
Such assumptions are mostly made up and feeling with so much emotions!
First,
The club decides its business based on the players consent!
For example,Henderson was about to be loaned to Fulham after Brenda rogers became manager of LFC but he refused and insisted he wanted to fight for a place at LFC....the club or brenda never forced him to agree because that was Henderson decision to make!
Before such deal is made the club speaks to keita and his agents about such deal and if keita is okay with the move,he will start negotiating terms with inter based on salary but if he refuses,the club cannot force him on making such deals!
Saying whatever plans keita has is mute is not the truth!
If he doesn't want to go to inter,he will say so through his lawyers!
No club runs such master-slave policy esp not in EPL where there are so many unions protecting their interest!
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by CAPdan21(m): 12:36pm On Jun 30, 2022
AnfieldFan:

I don't know where you are getting the not available but I'm telling you it's a lie..

I nor understand the guy Sha....Maybe he's expecting barella agent to carry a placard with available for sale on it...If Liverpool were to go for barella, I'm not expecting a transfer more than 60-65m, we are not in the business of overpaying for players...He would be a good fit tho, fast, aggressive and very creative, he reminds me of B.Silva somehow
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by AnfieldFan: 1:14pm On Jun 30, 2022
CAPdan21:

I nor understand the guy Sha....Maybe he's expecting barella agent to carry a placard with available for sale on it...If Liverpool were to go for barella, I'm not expecting a transfer more than 60-65m, we are not in the business of overpaying for players...He would be a good fit tho, fast, aggressive and very creative, he reminds me of B.Silva somehow

E tire me nnor...
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by AnfieldFan: 1:41pm On Jun 30, 2022
openmine:

Baba but this was the same thing I said nah...
A player through the agent signifies suitors if such player is available or the selling club may do so due to financial crisis!
The players you mentioned made their desires known....whether it was before or after serves no relevance!
However,its easier for the club,current players and fans when a player expresses a willingness to come cos it most times make the player welcome!
And can also tell you with good authority based on links that those players wanted to come to LFC...the only player who was hesitant to come was actually coutinho when he was at inter Milan but finally left when his then coach Rafael benitez told coutinho he is not part of his plans!
Its a two way pattern and I highlighted it in my previous comments!
You just buttressed it and I see no reason for repetition!

No, it's very relevant...This started when you Insinuated Barella doesn't want to come here and said he hasn't expressed his desire as proof..
I used those players as direct comparisons because every talk about Liverpool started when we had made attempts and inquiries to sign them, not before so I see no reason why Barella's own should be different..
openmine:

Oga read my comments again....firmino got to LFC because of Brenda rogers style of play and Liverpool wanted him!
I never said Brenda wanted him!
Just like you said Brenda wanted benteke but he was later convinced by LFC recruitment officers that Firmino would be a star player and he did which surprised Brenda!
On the contrary, you said he chose Liverpool over Man United which is false because those were the usual transfer rumours..
Man United and Arsenal never submitted bids, infact, they didn't meet his agent..
Liverpool had already scouted him the season prior and got him against Rodgers' demands..

openmine:

Obviously you rushed to comment without understanding my reason for making such statement!

I inserted it as a side note not as a shade but to better understand how a transfer actually works in real life because every operation is inserted there about transfers of players!

Its hilarious going over this again but I will try for others not to be uninformed!
A club makes an inquiry but not in open about a player through his agent!
His agent meets with the player about a club's desire to sign him...if he agrees he tells the agent if he is interested or not!
Once an interest is expressed,the purchasing club goes to the players club to make it public....the club decides if the player is one they can cash in or hold onto depending on his value to the team!
We cannot tell if LFC have made an inquiry and we may never know until another club shows interest or he decides to make an interview that he is flattered by being admired by LFC but he is committed to inter Milan!
Now let me ask....even if LFC makes such inquiry,does Barrella want to come to LFC?
Is LFC where he expresses his desire to play for?
Aurélien Tchouaméni was not only courted by LFC but got a phone call from klopp,yet he still went to Real Madrid!
Serbian player Dušan Vlahović was courted by several clubs in Italy and england yet he expressed his desire to play for the old lady juventus and he was purchased from fiorentina for less than what top clubs like man city was pricing him!
The players consent and choice of club is also important for a move to be possible!

Of course a player's choice is important, but it isn't the Endgame. The club does what suits it's needs the best...

We moved for Tchouameni, and he chose Madrid over us, how can the same apply to Barella if we haven't moved for him yet?

You agree personal terms with a player before or after negotiating with the club.
The most important thing is actively going for the player.. Liverpool has not contacted anybody at Inter for Barella, so how do you know he's not available and doesn't want to play for Liverpool?
openmine:

When a player is valued at that amount the club will also increase the fee!
If inter value him at 1 billon,the purchasing club will have to start negotiations from there!
You don't negotiate below or at that value as a selling club!
This isn't true, many players have gone for far less than their market values...
I don't even want to get into specifics... Saying Barella will cost 95mill isn't correct...

openmine:

grin
Chai this is obviously not true!
Such assumptions are mostly made up and feeling with so much emotions!
First,
The club decides its business based on the players consent!
For example,Henderson was about to be loaned to Fulham after Brenda rogers became manager of LFC but he refused and insisted he wanted to fight for a place at LFC....the club or brenda never forced him to agree because that was Henderson decision to make!
No, a club does what it's best for it..
The Henderson bit isn't factually correct.
Liverpool were open to the idea of Hendo leaving for loan and even negotiating a new deal with a new club, Hendo didn't want to as he felt he could still offer something more...
If Liverpool really wanted to move on Hendo, they would have done so...

Another example is Mane, If Liverpool wanted, we could have held on to him but it wasn't smart business wise and our relationship with Mane isn't one that needs to end on a sour not...

openmine:

Before such deal is made the club speaks to keita and his agents about such deal and if keita is okay with the move,he will start negotiating terms with inter based on salary but if he refuses,the club cannot force him on making such deals!
Saying whatever plans keita has is mute is not the truth!
If he doesn't want to go to inter,he will say so through his lawyers!
I said as much in my earlier post, the only block to such a move would be Inter or the purchasing club's ability to match his wages, if the purchasing club can match the wages, the Player would be sold if the selling club wants to ...
openmine:

No club runs such master-slave policy esp not in EPL where there are so many unions protecting their interest!

It's all in the nuances, no body is running a slave policy, it's a business for most, and businesses always do what's best for business...
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by openmine(m): 1:43pm On Jun 30, 2022
CAPdan21:

You and Anfieldfan are getting thins mixed up!
Contrary to what you feel,the agent doesn't need to advertise a player sale!
If you perused my earlier comments, I simply said in clear English that Liverpool may have made contact with the player through the agent without notifying the public!
This is done so that if the player isn't interested,the buying club can simply deny such move for the player!
However everything is still based on speculation!
No doubt barrella is a good player and will fit nicely to the LFC style of play but since there is no news from that end,it can either imply that the player may not interested in a move or the selling club which in this case is inter milan is holding out an outrageous transfer fee just to scare away suitors!
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by CAPdan21(m): 2:10pm On Jun 30, 2022
openmine:

You and Anfieldfan are getting thins mixed up!
Contrary to what you feel,the agent doesn't need to advertise a player sale!
If you perused my earlier comments, I simply said in clear English that Liverpool may have made contact with the player through the agent without notifying the public!
This is done so that if the player isn't interested,the buying club can simply deny such move for the player!
However everything is still based on speculation!
No doubt barrella is a good player and will fit nicely to the LFC style of play but since there is no news from that end,it can either imply that the player may not interested in a move or the selling club which in this case is inter milan is holding out an outrageous transfer fee just to scare away suitors!
I read your last reply which better explained your position...I was responding to your earlier statement when you said he was not interested incoming and wanted to stay in Milan when there's no evidence to support it...I get what you're saying now and it could be possible
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by openmine(m): 3:21pm On Jun 30, 2022
AnfieldFan:

No, it's very relevant...This started when you Insinuated Barella doesn't
want to come here and said he hasn't expressed his desire as proof..
I used those players as direct comparisons because every talk about
Liverpool started when we had made attempts and inquiries to sign them, not
before so I see no reason why Barella's own should be different..

Oga this is where your confusion started from!
I never said barrella doesn't want to come!
If you were able to peruse and not rush to comment, you would have noticed
where I used 'MAY' which is used mostly to signify an uncertainty or probability!
I was even the first to bring up the news about barrella here!
What I opined was that we don't know yet if barrella wants to come to
LFC.... Everything about him is mainly based on speculation and we can't rely
on that to either assume if a player wants to be here or if the club wants
to get him!

AnfieldFan:

On the contrary, you said he chose Liverpool over Man United which is false
because those were the usual transfer rumours..
Man United and Arsenal never submitted bids, infact, they didn't meet his
agent..
Liverpool had already scouted him the season prior and got him against
Rodgers' demands..
Liverpool made an 11th hour attempt to hijack a Manchester United move
for Firmino, and agreed a deal with the player’s German club Hoffenheim.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-seal-28m-transfer-roberto-5937874.amp

I no like to argue too much please read the link and get informed!

AnfieldFan:

Of course a player's choice is important, but it isn't the Endgame. The
club does what suits it's needs the best...
This is not true!
If that were the case coutinho would never have left LFC
Xavi Alonso would have still played for LFC under the directive of the club
Suarez would have been playing for LFC since the club had a final say
according to you
Mane would have been forced to accept any contract extension salary since
the club deems it fit according to your analogy!
Totally untrue!
When it comes to players,Clubs do not have a say....they only try to pacify
the player with financial inducement like PSG did for Mbape!

AnfieldFan:

We moved for Tchouameni, and he chose Madrid over us, how can the same
apply to Barella if we haven't moved for him yet?

Chai Na wa! lol
I sighted an instance....I said and I quote...'what if the player is not
really interested in a move to a club but decides to go to where his heart
desire is'
I drew the correlation between Tchoumeni and barrella to opine a situation
where barrella MAY NOT want a move to LFC but to another club of his desire!
Tchou had his heart set on a move to Madrid and nothing stopped him not
even a call from klopp...Rudiger had a call from barca coach and president
to barca but he said his heart was set on Madrid!
Desire plays a part in d mind of players!

AnfieldFan:

You agree personal terms with a player before or after negotiating with the
club.
The most important thing is actively going for the player.. Liverpool has
not contacted anybody at Inter for Barella, so how do you know he's not
available and doesn't want to play for Liverpool?

Agreement can take place even before contact with the club!
You keep insisting that Liverpool have not made contact....this is purely
based on speculation!
If LFC has made contact we may not know!
We do not know yet and the transfer market is not yet closed!
We can be free to assume if Barella is not bought in this transfer window!

AnfieldFan:

This isn't true, many players have gone for far less than their market
values...
I don't even want to get into specifics... Saying Barella will cost 95mill
isn't correct.
If a club publicly announces a value for a player,the purchasing club will
be met with a higher amount!
95 million is just a speculated amount from me not an actual!
However going by your own speculation of 70 m(if true) will mean inter will definitely
take it above 70 and we might have in excess of 80 or 90m to purchase barella!
Overall most of our speculation may not be true until we find out from the
club!

AnfieldFan:

No, a club does what it's best for it..
The Henderson bit isn't factually correct.
Liverpool were open to the idea of Hendo leaving for loan and even
negotiating a new deal with a new club, Hendo didn't want to as he felt he
could still offer something more...
If Liverpool really wanted to move on Hendo, they would have done so...
No sir check again...the coach Brenda Rogers not club wanted hendo to go on loan after he
purchased the 'welsh Xavi' Joe Allen from Swansea.... Even then,the club could not
throw him out because he was still under a long term contract after signing last season and any attempt to force him out will financially affect the club!
In addition,its the coach not club that decides which player needs to go on loan esp if the player doesn't figure in his plans!

AnfieldFan:

Another example is Mane, If Liverpool wanted, we could have held on to him
but it wasn't smart business wise and out relationship with Mane isn't one
that needs to end on a sour not...

I have given you several players that left despite the defiance of stance of the club!
If you need more let me know...Players hold the key to their move!
Clubs do not have the powers to determine if a player will stay or leave except for a player having disciplinary problems!
Players are allowed to leave as long as the purchasing club can meet the financial demands of the parent clubs!
Its that simple!

AnfieldFan:

I said as much in my earlier post, the only block to such a move would be
Inter or the purchasing club's ability to match his wages, if the
purchasing club can match the wages, the Player would be sold if the
selling club wants to ...
What you have said is part of the process but not until the player has been notified of an interest with the purchasing club through his agent!
No selling club does business with a purchasing club without the consent of the player and agent in question!
Iike i told you abinitio,a player is informed by his agent about a suitor's interest,if the player agrees,the purchase club starts negotiation on personal terms with the player through the agent even before meeting the selling club.....the selling club shows the purchase club the value of the player and negotiation for a transfer fee proceeds....If the purchase club and selling club are unable to come to a compromise,the deal is off!

AnfieldFan:

It's all in the nuances, no body is running a slave policy, it's a business
for most, and businesses always do what's best for business...
Oga there is nothing like that!
i dont deal with assumptions!
If you are in need of how the footy business works,make your findings on google instead of resorting to half baked gists!
Such gists are reasons why an OP came up with a beer parlour yarn about mane leaving because of a 100k salary he was receiving while he was at LFC until Mane's agent denied such recently!
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by AnfieldFan: 4:31pm On Jun 30, 2022
openmine:

Oga this is where your confusion started from!
I never said barrella doesn't want to come!
If you were able to peruse and not rush to comment, you would have noticed
where I used 'MAY' which is used mostly to signify an uncertainty or probability!
I was even the first to bring up the news about barrella here!
What I opined was that we don't know yet if barrella wants to come to
LFC.... Everything about him is mainly based on speculation and we can't rely
on that to either assume if a player wants to be here or if the club wants
to get him!

Until he says he's not interested in a Liverpool move, you can't say the player doesn't want to play for Liverpool....

While you didn't say so verbatim, you insinuated and tried to bring up every other reason including his so called price tag instead of the real one, Fsg didn't move for him..

openmine:

Liverpool made an 11th hour attempt to hijack a Manchester United move
for Firmino, and agreed a deal with the player’s German club Hoffenheim.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-seal-28m-transfer-roberto-5937874.amp

I no like to argue too much please read the link and get informed!

I don't even know what you're trying to prove with a The Mirror article, Man United didn't submit any bid for Bobby, neither did Arsenal, Bobby didn't choose Liverpool ahead of Man United like you're trying to suggest.
We went for him and got him amidst reported interest from Arsenal and Man United that failed to materialize in bids from either ..

We went for him after a successful season that saw him break into the National team..
openmine:

This is not true!
If that were the case coutinho would never have left LFC
Xavi Alonso would have still played for LFC under the directive of the club
Suarez would have been playing for LFC since the club had a final say
according to you
Mane would have been forced to accept any contract extension salary since
the club deems it fit according to your analogy!
Totally untrue!
When it comes to players,Clubs do not have a say....they only try to pacify
the player with financial inducement like PSG did for Mbape!

Read what you wrote again, then read my statements on the matter...You're conflating various individual issues and throwing in as much flak as possible to assert your position while simultaneously making them look like positions I've taken in this debate...
Obviously as I said before, a player's choice matters, while the club can force certain things, in the end, it has to do what's best for business...
Nevertheless, I will respond to them...
Suarez wanted to leave the season prior and even forced a move, we didn't let him, in the end, keeping a player who didn't want to stay was gonna be counter- productive so we let him go...

You can't force a player to sign an extension, don't know where you got that from, but you can make him rundown his contract and go for free..This isn't good for business so clubs wouldn't normally do this but they can and have done so...
If Liverpool didn't respect Mane enough, they could have forced him to stay till next season when his contract expires and then go on a free...This would effectively end any good will...

Kane wanted and tried to force a move last season but Tottenham wouldn't let him...
Lewa is currently forcing a move but if Bayern doesn't want to let him go, Lewa has no other option than to stay put till next season...

openmine:

Chai Na wa! lol
I sighted an instance....I said and I quote...'what if the player is not
really interested in a move to a club but decides to go to where his heart
desire is'
I drew the correlation between Tchoumeni and barrella to opine a situation
where barrella MAY NOT want a move to LFC but to another club of his desire!
Tchou had his heart set on a move to Madrid and nothing stopped him not
even a call from klopp...Rudiger had a call from barca coach and president
to barca but he said his heart was set on Madrid!
Desire plays a part in d mind of players!

The comparison isn't good enough in the first place because no two clubs are negotiating with Barella and Inter for his signature...
An example that fits Tchouameni more would be Mbappe...
In a situation where a club wants to move a player on, the player can simply decide not to go by not agreeing personal terms (This is where meeting wage demands, a certain amount of game time guaranteed, and other miscellaneous bonuses come into play)

This has nothing to do with Barella though because he hasn't rejected Liverpool...

I don't even know why you're going off various tangents because your initial stance was he has to signify interest in playing for us before we go for him...
Tired of these strawmanning set ups..

openmine:

Agreement can take place even before contact with the club!
You keep insisting that Liverpool have not made contact....this is purely
based on speculation!
If LFC has made contact we may not know!
We do not know yet and the transfer market is not yet closed!
We can be free to assume if Barella is not bought in this transfer window!
My initial premise of Liverpool not making contact yet stemmed from you saying Barella hasn't made it known he wants to play for us ..
How ethical is it to make statements like this when we haven't even moved for him?
openmine:

If a club publicly announces a value for a player,the purchasing club will
be met with a higher amount!
95 million is just a speculated amount from me not an actual!
However going by your own speculation of 70 m(if true) will mean inter will definitely
take it above 70 and we might have in excess of 80 or 90m to purchase barella!
Overall most of our speculation may not be true until we find out from the
club!

There's no release clause with Barella that I'm aware of, triggering a release clause is different from negotiating on perceived market value..
Since his market value is 70, there's no rule that says we can't get him for 60-65 or 70-75 especially if he's interested, throw in Keita and that figure comes down more..
openmine:

No sir check again...the coach Brenda Rogers not club wanted hendo to go on loan after he
purchased the 'welsh Xavi' Joe Allen from Swansea.... Even then,the club could not
throw him out because he was still under a long term contract after signing last season and any attempt to force him out will financially affect the club!
In addition,its the coach not club that decides which player needs to go on loan esp if the player doesn't figure in his plans!
Won't respond to this as it's been covered and you seem to have agreed...
Hendo wasn't moved on not because he forced the club and stayed, but because Liverpool weren't overly interested in moving him on(That's why it was a loan in the first place)...If Liverpool were interested, he would have been moved on subsequent to agreeing details with a club..

openmine:

I have given you several players that left despite the defiance of stance of the club!
If you need more let me know...Players hold the key to their move!
Clubs do not have the powers to determine if a player will stay or leave except for a player having disciplinary problems!
Players are allowed to leave as long as the purchasing club can meet the financial demands of the parent clubs!
Its that simple!

More repetition, I've addressed this in several of my posts...

openmine:

What you have said is part of the process but not until the player has been notified of an interest with the purchasing club through his agent!
No selling club does business with a purchasing club without the consent of the player and agent in question!
Iike i told you abinitio,a player is informed by his agent about a suitor's interest,if the player agrees,the purchase club starts negotiation on personal terms with the player through the agent even before meeting the selling club.....the selling club shows the purchase club the value of the player and negotiation for a transfer fee proceeds....If the purchase club and selling club are unable to come to a compromise,the deal is off!

Don't know why this is here... Completely unrelated to Barella wanting or not wanting to play for Liverpool...
openmine:

Oga there is nothing like that!
i dont deal with assumptions!
If you are in need of how the footy business works,make your findings on google instead of resorting to half baked gists!
Such gists are reasons why an OP came up with a beer parlour yarn about mane leaving because of a 100k salary he was receiving while he was at LFC until Mane's agent denied such recently!

Same old same old, calling my statements half baked gists and throwing subtle and glaringly obvious jabs at my statements doesn't make yours truer in any sense...
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by openmine(m): 8:49pm On Jun 30, 2022
AnfieldFan:

Until he says he's not interested in a Liverpool move, you can't say the
player doesn't want to play for Liverpool....

While you didn't say so verbatim, you insinuated and tried to bring up
every other reason including his so called price tag instead of the real
one, Fsg didn't move for him..

At least you have finally agree that I never said so verbatim and that is where it
should end!
My earlier explanation is quite explicit and should have cleared any
doubt...prolonging it by aprobating and reprobating at the same time will
only prolong a needless argument!
Both of us were making speculations without knowing the true nature of the
situation at hand as it concerns barrella!
You said the club is foot dragging which might be true or false...I said he
may not want to come...that could also be true or false...The FSG price tag
stuff is me sighting reasons why he may not come which may
include transfer fees or maybe he is committed to the club and
doesn't want a move!

AnfieldFan:

I don't even know what you're trying to prove with a The Mirror article,
Man United didn't submit any bid for Bobby, neither did Arsenal, Bobby
didn't choose Liverpool ahead of Man United like you're trying to suggest.
We went for him and got him amidst reported interest from Arsenal and Man
United that failed to materialize in bids from either ..
We went for him after a successful season that saw him break into the
National team..
What is my palaver with whether you accept or reject the link? Its a free
world!
Discarding the link does not in any way change what transpired or make what was said untrue!
If you don't believe the link then that's not my problem! We move!

AnfieldFan:

Read what you wrote again, then read my statements on the matter...You're
conflating various individual issues and throwing in as much flak as
possible to assert your position while simultaneously making them look like
positions I've taken in this debate...
Obviously as I said before, a player's choice matters, while the club can
force certain things, in the end, it has to do what's best for business...
Nevertheless, I will respond to them...
Suarez wanted to leave the season prior and even forced a move, we didn't
let him, in the end, keeping a player who didn't want to stay was gonna be
counter- productive so we let him go...

Like I said before,you can't force players to stay or leave as long as they
have existing contracts with the club!
If a player wants to leave a club,the suitor will have to pay the amount
demanded by the selling club!
What you said about Suarez is false because I followed the timeline!
Suarez was about leaving before the 2013/2014 season and he actually wanted
to force a move to any club...the only club serious about purchasing him then was
arsenal....when they were made aware of his release clause being
40million,arsene Wenger added a pound making it 40million and one pound
which was hilariously slammed and rejected by FSG....since no other club came for
him,Brenda talked to Suarez and convinced him to stay.....during the would
cup,after a concluded 2013/2014 season where LFC narrowly lost out of the
EPL,a brouhaha ensued where he yanked an Italian player with his teeth and
was dismissed.....The English media criticized the player and knowing the flurry of condemnation they will face,FSG made the player available for sale and that was how he left for barca!
Suarez would have initially moved had arsenal tabled a better offer!
Since there was no other offer due primarily to his disciplinary record, he
stayed put!
This is not me that said so....if you have a contrary view,you are free to
give me a link not assumptions!

AnfieldFan:

You can't force a player to sign an extension, don't know where you got
that from, but you can make him rundown his contract and go for free..This
isn't good for business so clubs wouldn't normally do this but they can and
have done so...
If Liverpool didn't respect Mane enough, they could have forced him to stay
till next season when his contract expires and then go on a free...This
would effectively end any good will...
Kane wanted and tried to force a move last season but Tottenham wouldn't
let him...
Lewa is currently forcing a move but if Bayern doesn't want to let him go,
Lewa has no other option than to stay put till next season...

smiley smiley
It would seem as though you were comparing the food market to the transfer market where lots of issues are esp when the commodity relates to humans!
A player can decide to reject a new deal and run down their contract with a club just so that they can leave as free agents which will be profitable for the purchasing club and there are so many instances!
For Mane,i have made it clear that the club would not have been stopped him from leaving as long as he had suitors who were willing to pay the amount demanded by his parent club...This has nothing to do with goodwill or respect from the club!
Kane was about leaving for mancity despite the huge price tag and only changed his mind when Mancity softpeddled on his pursuit after getting Grealish for a humongous amount and spurs got Conte who galvanized them to 4th place finish...If mancity had tabled an improved offer,he would have been their Number 9 not Halaand!
Lewandoski will still move if the club chasing him are willing to pay the price demanded by bayern munich...This is exactly the point i had initially made before that as long as a suitor has the funds demanded by a selling club,the player will leave!

AnfieldFan:

The comparison isn't good enough in the first place because no two clubs
are negotiating with Barella and Inter for his signature...
An example that fits Tchouameni more would be Mbappe...
In a situation where a club wants to move a player on, the player can
simply decide not to go by not agreeing personal terms (This is where
meeting wage demands, a certain amount of game time guaranteed, and other
miscellaneous bonuses come into play)
This has nothing to do with Barella though because he hasn't rejected
Liverpool...
I don't even know why you're going off various tangents because your
initial stance was he has to signify interest in playing for us before we
go for him...
Tired of these strawmanning set ups..
These were my comments about Barrella
If you need a player and he is unavailable, you look for another alternative!
I love Barrella and I would love him to play for LFC but he loves Milan and may not leave until his early 30s to a less serie-A club or to the american major soccer league....they are not really good travellers around europe like EPL players!

My analogy was based on the fact that there was too much silence after the rumoured keita plus 30-40million deal hence it left room for speculation!
These were my postulations....
Maybe he doesn't want to leave inter...or maybe he is happy with the club and may not want to leave for a league unknown to him or maybe Inter is not ready to entertain any sale of their top player or he may probably be desiring another club!
Why i drew a correlation between Tchouameni and Barrella was me theorizing the reason why Barrella wasnt really warming up to LFC was maybe because he had his heart set on another club like Tchouameni (that is assuming if LFC had already made contact with him)

AnfieldFan:

My initial premise of Liverpool not making contact yet stemmed from you
saying Barella hasn't made it known he wants to play for us ..
How ethical is it to make statements like this when we haven't even moved
for him?
How convenient for you to blame me for speculating when you are also doing the same thing!
These were your own assumptions with no proof....
Don't fall for FSG's shenanigans
Barella's current market value is 70m
Barella is available, Inter are looking to make money because they know it's unlikely they will be able to keep him till 2026.
Looks specious to me!
We are free to assume or postulate but it would be sanctimonious to sound indifferent for the same thing you are already doing!

AnfieldFan:

There's no release clause with Barella that I'm aware of, triggering a
release clause is different from negotiating on perceived market value..
Since his market value is 70, there's no rule that says we can't get him
for 60-65 or 70-75 especially if he's interested, throw in Keita and that
figure comes down more..

Once again you are speculating!
How did you know he has no release clause?
How do you even know his market value is 70 million.....There are several soccer links speculating his market value to be 70m..some say 65m..and others say 45m
However,its the club that will determine how much a player is worth to them and if they state a figure,only some hard negotiation can reduce the amount!
Keita can only be involved in that deal if only he agrees!

AnfieldFan:

Won't respond to this as it's been covered and you seem to have agreed...
Hendo wasn't moved on not because he forced the club and stayed, but
because Liverpool weren't overly interested in moving him on(That's why it
was a loan in the first place)...If Liverpool were interested, he would
have been moved on subsequent to agreeing details with a club..

Wrong....you said it was the club that wanted him to go on loan and i corrected you!
The coach not the club wanted him to go on loan!
The club would never have forced him to go on loan or leave without losing money at the end...that will imply terminating a 5-6 year contract!

AnfieldFan:

More repetition, I've addressed this in several of my posts...
Players are allowed to leave as long as the purchasing club can meet the financial demands of the parent clubs
This is contrary to your own views that the club holds the power to impede a player from leaving or staying!

AnfieldFan:

Don't know why this is here... Completely unrelated to Barella wanting or
not wanting to play for Liverpool...
Your response
I said as much in my earlier post, the only block to such a move would be Inter or the purchasing club's ability to match his wages, if the purchasing club can match the wages, the Player would be sold if the selling club wants to

My Response
If you see no connection,then try and go back to your initial comments to avoid being evasive!

AnfieldFan:

Same old same old, calling my statements half baked gists and throwing
subtle and glaringly obvious jabs at my statements doesn't make yours truer
in any sense...
Nothing of such!
On the contrary,its best you make a research on the running of a football club business to know because it obvious there are lots of postulations in your comments that are not true!
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by AnfieldFan: 9:52pm On Jun 30, 2022
openmine:

At least you have finally agree that I never said so verbatim and that is where it
should end!
My earlier explanation is quite explicit and should have cleared any
doubt...prolonging it by aprobating and reprobating at the same time will
only prolong a needless argument!
Both of us were making speculations without knowing the true nature of the
situation at hand as it concerns barrella!
You said the club is foot dragging which might be true or false...I said he
may not want to come...that could also be true or false...The FSG price tag
stuff is me sighting reasons why he may not come which may
include transfer fees or maybe he is committed to the club and
doesn't want a move!

You can't say the player may not want to come if Liverpool hasn't moved for him, bring any football journalist that has said Liverpool has approached his agent or club...
Your initial position implied that since the player hasn't expressed interest, we shouldn't move for him...
openmine:

What is my palaver with whether you accept or reject the link? Its a free
world!
Discarding the link does not in any way change what transpired or make what was said untrue!
If you don't believe the link then that's not my problem! We move!

I've not rejected any link or article, I doubt you read the link.
You said Firmino chose Liverpool over Man United or at least expressed a desire to play for us which made us go for him, that is the bone of contention and is false...
No other club submitted a bid for him not to talk of him saying he preferred Liverpool..
openmine:

Like I said before,you can't force players to stay or leave as long as they
have existing contracts with the club!
If a player wants to leave a club,the suitor will have to pay the amount
demanded by the selling club!
What you said about Suarez is false because I followed the timeline!
Suarez was about leaving before the 2013/2014 season and he actually wanted
to force a move to any club...the only club serious about purchasing him then was
arsenal....when they were made aware of his release clause being
40million,arsene Wenger added a pound making it 40million and one pound
which was hilariously slammed and rejected by FSG....since no other club came for
him,Brenda talked to Suarez and convinced him to stay.....during the would
cup,after a concluded 2013/2014 season where LFC narrowly lost out of the
EPL,a brouhaha ensued where he yanked an Italian player with his teeth and
was dismissed.....The English media criticized the player and knowing the flurry of condemnation they will face,FSG made the player available for sale and that was how he left for barca!
Suarez would have initially moved had arsenal tabled a better offer!
Since there was no other offer due primarily to his disciplinary record, he
stayed put!
This is not me that said so....if you have a contrary view,you are free to
give me a link not assumptions!

I was a Liverpool fan when this happened, going over irrelevant facts is pure timewasting...

Suarez wasn't allowed to leave after Arsenal tabled 40 mill and 1£ to test the waters, if the player had all the clout, he would have gone that summer.
But Liverpool made him stay and let him go
the next becausee keeping an unhappy player is bad for business...
You keep proving my points for me..
openmine:

smiley smiley
It would seem as though you were comparing the food market to the transfer market where lots of issues are esp when the commodity relates to humans!
A player can decide to reject a new deal and run down their contract with a club just so that they can leave as free agents which will be profitable for the purchasing club and there are so many instances!
For Mane,i have made it clear that the club would not have been stopped him from leaving as long as he had suitors who were willing to pay the amount demanded by his parent club...This has nothing to do with goodwill or respect from the club!
Mane left below what Liverpool wanted to let him go for, and it mainly stems from Mane telling Liverpool to let him go, the accepted price was below what Liverpool wanted...
And if we wanted, we could have rejected any deal all together and let him leave for free next summer, but what does that achieve, nothing except an unhappy player who might not put his best every matchday..
openmine:

Kane was about leaving for mancity despite the huge price tag and only changed his mind when Mancity softpeddled on his pursuit after getting Grealish for a humongous amount and spurs got Conte who galvanized them to 4th place finish...If mancity had tabled an improved offer,he would have been their Number 9 not Halaand!

This is serious cap, Kane wanted to leave, Levy frustrated every deal..He didn't want to sell Kane, at least not to a direct rival..

Kane realised he couldn't do anything as Levy has a history of being an ice cold owner with regards to selling his star players to direct rivals...
Modric, Bale and now Kane..
openmine:

Lewandoski will still move if the club chasing him are willing to pay the price demanded by bayern munich...This is exactly the point i had initially made before that as long as a suitor has the funds demanded by a selling club,the player will leave!

Lewa will leave if Bayern decides it's counter-productive to keep an unhappy player..
Barca can bring 100mill and Bayern refuses, at this point, it's up to the club...

openmine:

These were my comments about Barrella

My analogy was based on the fact that there was too much silence after the rumoured keita plus 30-40million deal hence it left room for speculation!
These were my postulations....
Maybe he doesn't want to leave inter...or maybe he is happy with the club and may not want to leave for a league unknown to him or maybe Inter is not ready to entertain any sale of their top player or he may probably be desiring another club!
Why i drew a correlation between Tchouameni and Barrella was me theorizing the reason why Barrella wasnt really warming up to LFC was maybe because he had his heart set on another club like Tchouameni (that is assuming if LFC had already made contact with him)

And I'm saying he can't warm up to us if a negotiation hasn't been started yet, we know Inter will sell if a good offer comes in, we also know the premier league is more attractive than the Seria A, Barella isn't rejecting Liverpool...

openmine:

How convenient for you to blame me for speculating when you are also doing the same thing!
These were your own assumptions with no proof....

Looks specious to me!
We are free to assume or postulate but it would be sanctimonious to sound indifferent for the same thing you are already doing!

Im saying he can't have rejected us because no negotiations were done in the first place, if you know of any, feel free to point them out...

openmine:

Once again you are speculating!
How did you know he has no release clause?
How do you even know his market value is 70 million.....There are several soccer links speculating his market value to be 70m..some say 65m..and others say 45m
However,its the club that will determine how much a player is worth to them and if they state a figure,only some hard negotiation can reduce the amount!
Keita can only be involved in that deal if only he agrees!
There are no reported release clauses attached to Barella, so his market value isn't set in stone...
You make an offer, and negotiate till it's done, Keita can merely be used to facilitate the deal if the price tag is too steep..
All we need to move on Keita is for Inter to match his wages, clubs put clauses like these into player contracts for future eventualities..

openmine:

Wrong....you said it was the club that wanted him to go on loan and i corrected you!
The coach not the club wanted him to go on loan!
The club would never have forced him to go on loan or leave without losing money at the end...that will imply terminating a 5-6 year contract!
Loosing money is at the clubs discretion which coincides with my point about the club doing what's best for it's business...
You're hung up on who wanted Hendo to go on loan when the entire point had been the club didn't feel it crucial or compulsory to make him go on loan, the Player wanted to remain and prove himself and Liverpool weren't pressed to do otherwise...
If they wanted, they would have sent him out on loan and Hendo wouldn't have been able to stop it..
openmine:

Players are allowed to leave as long as the purchasing club can meet the financial demands of the parent clubs
This is contrary to your own views that the club holds the power to impede a player from leaving or staying!
As far as there's no release clause, the club has the ultimate say on a player leaving or staying, this is basic football knowledge...
Clubs simply let go because keeping the player becomes more of an issue than letting him go... Arsenal did this with Ozil and Auba..
We did this with Mane and Countinho, players we could have forced to stay and just let them run out their contract even if it meant bleeding money...

openmine:

Nothing of such!
On the contrary,its best you make a research on the running of a football club business to know because it obvious there are lots of postulations in your comments that are not true!

Same old, same old....
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by openmine(m): 12:37am On Jul 01, 2022
AnfieldFan:

You can't say the player may not want to come if Liverpool hasn't moved for him, bring any football journalist that has said Liverpool has approached his agent or club...
Your initial position implied that since the player hasn't expressed interest, we shouldn't move for him...
This was my initial position
Yeah i wish we could get Barella but he comes at a very high price in excess of 95m which may not seem feasible for the club and whether he is available or wants to play for LFC is another issue!

The player hasn't signified an interest to leave serie-A or inter Milan for the EPL or LFC hence it will be madness to make such request!
I love Barrella and I would love him to play for LFC but he loves Milan and may not leave until his early 30s to a less serie-A club or to the american major soccer league....they are not really good travellers around europe like EPL players!

Nothing to add!

AnfieldFan:

I've not rejected any link or article, I doubt you read the link.
You said Firmino chose Liverpool over Man United or at least expressed a desire to play for us which made us go for him, that is the bone of contention and is false...
No other club submitted a bid for him not to talk of him saying he preferred Liverpool..
Check the link again but this time slowly...Let me also add more!
https://twitter.com/DeadlineDayLive/status/612175060263043074
https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/transfer-news/liverpool-looking-hijack-manchester-uniteds-5915480
https://www.90min.com/posts/2279260-liverpool-eye-manchester-united-s-brazlian-target-roberto-firmino
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/584939/Liverpool-Roberto-Firmino-transfer-news
No time dragging over this!

AnfieldFan:

I was a Liverpool fan when this happened, going over irrelevant facts is pure timewasting...
Suarez wasn't allowed to leave after Arsenal tabled 40 mill and 1£ to test the waters, if the player had all the clout, he would have gone that summer.
But Liverpool made him stay and let him go
the next becausee keeping an unhappy player is bad for business...
You keep proving my points for me..

I could keep up with the back and forth but the best way to end a doubt is through evidence and not speculation

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/transfer-news/luis-suarez-arsenal-transfer-news-16536539
https://www.squawka.com/en/arsenal-bid-luis-suarez-liverpool/
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/arsenal-liverpool-luis-suarez-transfer-news-arsene-wenger-b1046695.html
https://www.si.com/soccer/liverpool/interviews/luis-suarez-reveals-that-he-wanted-to-sign-for-arsenal

Please be reminded about what you said about Suarez so that you dont prevaricate....
Suarez wanted to leave the season prior and even forced a move, we didn't let him, in the end, keeping a player who didn't want to stay was gonna be counter- productive so we let him go...

AnfieldFan:

Mane left below what Liverpool wanted to let him go for, and it mainly stems from Mane telling Liverpool to let him go, the accepted price was below what Liverpool wanted...
And if we wanted, we could have rejected any deal all together and let him leave for free next summer, but what does that achieve, nothing except an unhappy player who might not put his best every matchday..
Like i said....No time to argue....
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10896385/Liverpool-reject-second-bid-Bayern-Munich-worth-30m-Sadio-Mane.html
It is reported that Liverpool sporting director Julian Ward is using £42.5m as a benchmark figure for negotiations.
https://www.eurosport.com/football/transfers/2022-2023/liverpool-reject-laughable-bayern-munich-transfer-bid-for-sadio-mane-with-ballon-d-or-add-ons-report_sto8982090/story.shtml
https://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-transfers/story/4682273/liverpool-reject-second-bayern-munich-bid-for-sadio-mane-sources
https://liverpooloffside.sbnation.com/liverpool-fc-transfer-news/2022/6/6/23156299/liverpool-fc-transfer-news-reject-25m-opening-bayern-munich-bid-sadio-mane

AnfieldFan:

This is serious cap, Kane wanted to leave, Levy frustrated every deal..He didn't want to sell Kane, at least not to a direct rival..
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/12390231/harry-kane-announces-he-is-to-stay-at-tottenham-this-summer-after-failed-man-city-bids
When it looked like Kane to City was all but a done deal, the striker received personal abuse from Spurs fans, who felt betrayed by his alleged actions taken to try to force an exit from his boyhood side.
Kane also came under fire from some pundits, many of whom claimed that Kane was in the wrong to try to leave Spurs despite no confirmation from either the player or his manager that he had been unprofessional.
Early reports indicated that Kane had refused to train with Spurs in an attempt to force a move to Manchester City, but that was later refuted by both the player himself and then-manager Nuno Espirito Santo.
However, Kane's performances this season have fallen a long way short of his usual high standards. If City really have closed the door on a potential second attempt, Kane will be hoping that things improve under Conte, whose words suggest that he is keen to help his star striker back scoring goals.
https://www.si.com/soccer/manchestercity/news/harry-kane-makes-honest-admission-over-failed-manchester-city-transfer-this-summer

AnfieldFan:

Kane realised he couldn't do anything as Levy has a history of being an ice cold owner with regards to selling his star players to direct rivals...
Modric, Bale and now Kane..
Did Modric or Bale finally leave?
Yes Or No!
If yes it simply shows the club or chairman do not have the final say which buttresses my point about the ability of a player leaving as long as the purchasing club is willing to pay the amount demanded by the club!
Its normal for the club to be defiant in trying to let go a star player...However,if the purchasing club meets the demand of the parent club,nothing can stop the move from materializing!
However,If the club keeps up with their stance,a player can decide not to play for the club and force the officials to reluctantly let the player leave!
However such move by the player might have side effects as the fans may misinterpret the stance of such player!

AnfieldFan:

Lewa will leave if Bayern decides it's counter-productive to keep an unhappy player..
Barca can bring 100mill and Bayern refuses, at this point, it's up to the club...
Its quite normal for the club to hold a stance atleast it will be on record that they did everything to make a player stay!
Lewa is still under a contract but can decide to force a move that might terminate his contract and no player with such an illustrious career at Bayern would like to leave with such legacy when they exit the club!
An amount in excess of 50m is what bayern expect from frontrunner barca...If barca cant get it another club will do so!
Bayern at the end will eventually let him go rather than risk letting him go on a free transfer next season!
The player at the end wins despite the hard ball of the club!

AnfieldFan:

And I'm saying he can't warm up to us if a negotiation hasn't been started yet, we know Inter will sell if a good offer comes in, we also know the premier league is more attractive than the Seria A, Barella isn't rejecting Liverpool...
Im saying he can't have rejected us because no negotiations were done in the first place, if you know of any, feel free to point them out...

I repeat...I never said Barella will reject LFC.....
Anything could have happened for the rumour to go cold!
These are my postulations which could either be true or false;

It might be that LFC havent contacted the agent or club yet....OR
LFC may have made contact but inter milan is not willing to sell(he just signed a new improved contract last season)...OR
Barella maybe targetting another club of his desire...OR
The asking price from Inter Milan maybe too high for LFC to pay
Or The recruitment team and Klopp do not feel they need a player like him

AnfieldFan:

There are no reported release clauses attached to Barella, so his market value isn't set in stone...
Such release clause exists however its only made known to suitors by the agents when their client's club becomes defiant and refuses to sell!
Suarez agent told arsenal about his release clause...

AnfieldFan:

You make an offer, and negotiate till it's done, Keita can merely be used to facilitate the deal if the price tag is too steep..
All we need to move on Keita is for Inter to match his wages, clubs put clauses like these into player contracts for future eventualities..
See i have no problem with Keita moving to inter as a part of a deal to sign Barella...However,such move should be based on his consent and not the club directive like you opine!
However i do believe the club will do the right thing if indeed such deal is a reality!

AnfieldFan:

Loosing money is at the clubs discretion which coincides with my point about the club doing what's best for it's business...
You're hung up on who wanted Hendo to go on loan when the entire point had been the club didn't feel it crucial or compulsory to make him go on loan, the Player wanted to remain and prove himself and Liverpool weren't pressed to do otherwise...
If they wanted, they would have sent him out on loan and Hendo wouldn't have been able to stop it..
https://www.givemesport.com/1316879-jordan-henderson-reveals-how-he-reacted-when-brendan-rodgers-tried-selling-him
https://liverpooloffside.sbnation.com/liverpool-fc-news-coverage/2021/1/2/22210115/liverpool-fc-jordan-henderson-recalls-pivotal-moment-failed-transfer-fulham-brendan-rodgers-epl
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpools-jordan-henderson-rejects-loan-1458469
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/572472/Jordan-Henderson-Fulham-Liverpool
https://www.football.london/fulham-fc/liverpool-captain-jordan-henderson-reveals-14701661

AnfieldFan:

As far as there's no release clause, the club has the ultimate say on a player leaving or staying, this is basic football knowledge...
This is unconfirmed!
You can say you are not sure if Barella has a release clause but you make it sound for a fact that he has none!

AnfieldFan:

Clubs simply let go because keeping the player becomes more of an issue than letting him go... Arsenal did this with Ozil and Auba..
We did this with Mane and Countinho, players we could have forced to stay and just let them run out their contract even if it meant bleeding money...
This is part of how a player shows he has the power to leave when the club remains defiant!
Though such move comes at a cost if the player may have endeared himself to the supporters!
Lewa could have done so but is skeptical about the reaction of Bayern fans!
I am elated you included Ozil and Abu in your comment which i had avoided using in order not to be accused of being evasive or go off tangent like you had previously opined!

AnfieldFan:

Same old, same old....
A half-hearted attempt at Prevarication gone Stale!
We Move! cool
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by AnfieldFan: 8:41am On Jul 01, 2022
openmine:

This was my initial position

Nothing to add!

You said the below

openmine:

Inter values him more than that and he doesn't intend leaving inter Milan!
The player hasn't signified an interest to leave serie-A or inter Milan for the EPL or LFC hence it will be madness to make such request!
LFC must go for players with the desire to play for LFC not because they were forced to accept a fee and play in the EPL for money like De Jong!

I'm trying to tell you he doesn't need to signify or make a move before we go for him..None of our previous players did and I brought them up..
openmine:

Check the link again but this time slowly...Let me also add more!
https://twitter.com/DeadlineDayLive/status/612175060263043074
https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/transfer-news/liverpool-looking-hijack-manchester-uniteds-5915480
https://www.90min.com/posts/2279260-liverpool-eye-manchester-united-s-brazlian-target-roberto-firmino
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/584939/Liverpool-Roberto-Firmino-transfer-news
No time dragging over this!

Like I said, not sure you've gone through any of these links, you wanted to buttress your point about players expressing interest in Liverpool before our moving for them, and you alleged Bobby Chose us ahead of Man U...

Now, I'm telling you that that isn't true, while there were rumoured interests by Man U and Arsenal, none were concrete because none of those clubs offered a deal or even opened negotiations with his agent...

An accurate description of hijack would be if Barca successfully signs Raphinha while he has already agreed Personal terms with Chelsea or what we did with Diaz...

openmine:

I could keep up with the back and forth but the best way to end a doubt is through evidence and not speculation

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/transfer-news/luis-suarez-arsenal-transfer-news-16536539
https://www.squawka.com/en/arsenal-bid-luis-suarez-liverpool/
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/arsenal-liverpool-luis-suarez-transfer-news-arsene-wenger-b1046695.html
https://www.si.com/soccer/liverpool/interviews/luis-suarez-reveals-that-he-wanted-to-sign-for-arsenal

Please be reminded about what you said about Suarez so that you dont prevaricate....

Suarez wanted to leave that summer, Liverpool didn't let him, he left the next summer...
Suarez himself already told you he wanted to sign for Arsenal, but Liverpool had other ideas...
We sold him the next for upwards of 70...

openmine:

Like i said....No time to argue....
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10896385/Liverpool-reject-second-bid-Bayern-Munich-worth-30m-Sadio-Mane.html

https://www.eurosport.com/football/transfers/2022-2023/liverpool-reject-laughable-bayern-munich-transfer-bid-for-sadio-mane-with-ballon-d-or-add-ons-report_sto8982090/story.shtml
https://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-transfers/story/4682273/liverpool-reject-second-bayern-munich-bid-for-sadio-mane-sources
https://liverpooloffside.sbnation.com/liverpool-fc-transfer-news/2022/6/6/23156299/liverpool-fc-transfer-news-reject-25m-opening-bayern-munich-bid-sadio-mane

Liverpool's valuation of Mane was at £40m,he left well below that...
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/06/09/liverpool-expect-bayern-munich-will-meet-40m-sadio-mane-fee/?utm_content=football&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1654771681

Liverpool expect Bayern Munich will meet £40m Sadio Mane fee to fund Darwin Nunez arrival..

openmine:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/12390231/harry-kane-announces-he-is-to-stay-at-tottenham-this-summer-after-failed-man-city-bids

Kane thought he had a gentleman's agreement with Levy to let him leave, Valuation was around 120m, City started with 100m and offered several improved offers but Levy wouldn't sell..The media and Spurs fans started hounding Kane and City pulled out when they felt they couldn't do anything more....
Kane earnestly wanted to leave and even missed training as a form of protest, did that make Levy budge, No...

openmine:

Did Modric or Bale finally leave?
Yes Or No!

I said keeping unhappy players would be counter productive, didn't I?
These players left after protracted sagas that ended up with them going abroad especially Modric...
openmine:

If yes it simply shows the club or chairman do not have the final say which buttresses my point about the ability of a player leaving as long as the purchasing club is willing to pay the amount demanded by the club!
Its normal for the club to be defiant in trying to let go a star player...However,if the purchasing club meets the demand of the parent club,nothing can stop the move from materializing!
However,If the club keeps up with their stance,a player can decide not to play for the club and force the officials to reluctantly let the player leave!
However such move by the player might have side effects as the fans may misinterpret the stance of such player!

Now, you seem to have realised albeit slowly that if the player's contract isn't over, the club is in the driver's seat...They can choose to bleed money for all I care but that would be counter-productive...
As for the bolded part,this is if the player has a release clause, if not, a club decides if they want to let him go or not...A club can as well set the valuation at 500m and stick to their guns...

openmine:

Lewa is still under a contract but can decide to force a move that might terminate his contract and no player with such an illustrious career at Bayern would like to leave with such legacy when they exit the club!

If Bayern doesn't sell, Lewa will learn to live with that decision and see out the final year of his contract the way Kane learned to live with his...
He isn't doing anything if the club is ready to bleed money ...

openmine:

An amount in excess of 50m is what bayern expect from frontrunner barca...If barca cant get it another club will do so!
Bayern at the end will eventually let him go rather than risk letting him go on a free transfer next season!
The player at the end wins despite the hard ball of the club!

Isn't this what I've been saying, the club let's the Player go not because the player can make that happen, but because at the end, it's the most financially rewarding and best for business..
Also, everybody wins..The club makes money, the player gets his move...Phil got his move, we got the money... Neymar got his move, Barca got their money...
I'm tired of repeating this..
openmine:

I repeat...I never said Barella will reject LFC.....
Anything could have happened for the rumour to go cold!
These are my postulations which could either be true or false;

It might be that LFC havent contacted the agent or club yet....OR
LFC may have made contact but inter milan is not willing to sell(he just signed a new improved contract last season)...OR
Barella maybe targetting another club of his desire...OR
The asking price from Inter Milan maybe too high for LFC to pay
Or The recruitment team and Klopp do not feel they need a player like him

You forgot this..

openmine:

LFC must go for players with the desire to play for LFC not because they were forced to accept a fee and play in the EPL for money like De Jong!

openmine:

Such release clause exists however its only made known to suitors by the agents when their client's club becomes defiant and refuses to sell!
Suarez agent told arsenal about his release clause...
I'm talking about Barella specifically here, there's no reported release clause...
Also, Suarez didn't have a release clause, Liverpool were only notified to tell him of any offer of 40m and above as both parties believed 40m was reasonable....
I repeat, Suarez didn't have a release clause...

openmine:

See i have no problem with Keita moving to inter as a part of a deal to sign Barella...However,such move should be based on his consent and not the club directive like you opine!
However i do believe the club will do the right thing if indeed such deal is a reality!

At the end, Keita is an employee, Liverpool will use him to facilitate a deal if they feel it's a doable and reasonable cause of action...

openmine:

https://www.givemesport.com/1316879-jordan-henderson-reveals-how-he-reacted-when-brendan-rodgers-tried-selling-him
https://liverpooloffside.sbnation.com/liverpool-fc-news-coverage/2021/1/2/22210115/liverpool-fc-jordan-henderson-recalls-pivotal-moment-failed-transfer-fulham-brendan-rodgers-epl
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpools-jordan-henderson-rejects-loan-1458469
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/572472/Jordan-Henderson-Fulham-Liverpool
https://www.football.london/fulham-fc/liverpool-captain-jordan-henderson-reveals-14701661
To be honest, I don't know what I'm to do with these links, does any article here disprove my position that Liverpool weren't particularly inclined to sell off Hendo or loan him out?

openmine:

This is unconfirmed!
You can say you are not sure if Barella has a release clause but you make it sound for a fact that he has none!

I've said severally that there is no reported release clause attached to Barella, this means that there could be, but for now, it isn't public knowledge...

openmine:

This is part of how a player shows he has the power to leave when the club remains defiant!
Though such move comes at a cost if the player may have endeared himself to the supporters!
Lewa could have done so but is skeptical about the reaction of Bayern fans!
I am elated you included Ozil and Abu in your comment which i had avoided using in order not to be accused of being evasive or go off tangent like you had previously opined!

Players show their displeasure, even fake Injuries, Countinho did, but we held on to him for half a season and then sold off because it was bad for business keeping an unhappy player...
Think of it this way, if Liverpool had decided that they would rather lose money than sell off Countinho, all we needed to do was keep on rejecting offers untill his contract expired..
But that would be counter-productive and akin to leaving money on the table wouldn't it?

openmine:

A half-hearted attempt at Prevarication gone Stale!
We Move! cool

Same old, Same old...
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by openmine(m): 10:50am On Jul 01, 2022
AnfieldFan:

You said the below
Please read again...
Nothing I wrote there is a lie!
Inter see him as a very important player..this is why he was tied to a new Four year contract late last season on top his current contract!
This is why I felt it might be hard to get him...however,is there a possibility of getting him this season?
Probably!
And I sighted some stumbling blocks which were more or less postulations!
Nothing in that post either suggested he is not committed to inter Milan or cannot also leave if the price that may eventually be demanded by inter will be met by suitors!

AnfieldFan:

I'm trying to tell you he doesn't need to signify or make a move before we go for him..None of our previous players did and I brought them up..

Your postulation might be true if the player truly intends to come to that club!
In other words,he maybe convinced by the project happening at the club or through financial inducement!
However,what if he has his sights set on another club that is different from the one making any inquiry about him?

AnfieldFan:

Like I said, not sure you've gone through any of these links, you wanted to buttress your point about players expressing interest in Liverpool before our moving for them, and you alleged Bobby Chose us ahead of Man U...
Now, I'm telling you that isn't true, while there were rumoured interests by Man U and Arsenal, none were concrete because none of those clubs offered a deal or even opened negotiations with his agent...
An accurate description of hijack would be if Barca successfully signs Raphinha while he has already agreed Personal terms with Chelsea or what we did with Diaz...

I have elaborated on this with veritable links!
No need for back and forth!

AnfieldFan:

Suarez wanted to leave that summer, Liverpool didn't let him, he left the next summer...
Suarez himself already told you he wanted to sign for Arsenal, but Liverpool had other ideas...
We sold him the next for upwards of 70...

Once again I have showed links on why Suarez initial move to arsenal had nothing to do with the club having a final say like you alluded to but because arsenal were not serious about signing or were too stingy under arsene Wenger!

AnfieldFan:

Liverpool's valuation of Mane was at £40m,he left well below that...
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/06/09/liverpool-expect-bayern-munich-will-meet-40m-sadio-mane-fee/?utm_content=football&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1654771681

Liverpool expect Bayern Munich will meet £40m Sadio Mane fee to fund Darwin Nunez arrival..
Firstly,the 40 million was never his value but used to recoup the funds for his purchase from Southampton!
Secondly, mane is in his 30s and in the final year of his contract hence,his bargaining power will definitely be low...in order words,the club doesn't have the luxury of getting more money from him due to age factor..However,we both know an experienced player like mane at 27 would have commanded more valuation and more funds!
Note that This is my opinion and not factual!

AnfieldFan:

Kane thought he had a gentleman's agreement with Levy to let him leave, Valuation was around 120m, City started with 100m and offered several improved offers but Levy wouldn't sell..The media and Spurs fans started hounding Kane and City pulled out when they felt they couldn't do anything more....
Kane earnestly wanted to leave and even missed training as a form of protest, did that make Levy budge, No...
If he wanted to force a move he would have done so despite the club's stance!
We all know why Kane did not leave and its contained in the link I posted!
If Kane truly wanted to leave,he would have done what Ozil or Abu did!
However,its would have had an inglorious reputation on his relationship with the spur fans!
However,the question is does he have options despite the stand of the club or chairman? Absolutely!

AnfieldFan:

I said keeping unhappy players would be counter productive, didn't I?
These players left after protracted sagas that ended up with them going abroad especially Modric...

No sir the question is did the players that left have a final say on whether they can leave despite the stand of the club or chairman?
Absolutely!
Whether it was protracted is not the issue..If they can force a move,they have the final say!
Its that simple!

AnfieldFan:

Now, you seem to have realised albeit slowly that if the player's contract isn't over, the club is in the driver's seat...They can choose to bleed money for all I care but that would be counter-productive...
As for the bolded part,this is if the player has a release clause, if not, a club decides if they want to let him go or not...A club can as well set the valuation at 500m and stick to their guns..

AnfieldFan:

If Bayern doesn't sell, Lewa will learn to live with that decision and see out the final year of his contract the way Kane learned to live with his...
He isn't doing anything if the club is ready to bleed money ...

Or he can behave like Abu or Ozil to force a move away from Bayern!
Once again the player has options despite the stance of the club!

AnfieldFan:

Isn't this what I've been saying, the club let's the Player go not because the player can make that happen, but because at the end, it's the most financially rewarding and best for business..
Also, everybody wins..The club makes money, the player gets his move...Phil got his move, we got the money... Neymar got his move, Barca got their money...
I'm tired of repeating this..

You said the club has a final say!
I said the club does not!
Neymar and coutinho got their move because they pushed for such!
The club had no option but to sell to avoid the saga of ozil or modric!
Hence the player has the final say...simple!

AnfieldFan:

You forgot these..
Already answered that previously and here!
No need for repetition!

AnfieldFan:

I'm talking about Barella specifically here, there's no reported release clause...

This is what you should said rather than assume there is none!

AnfieldFan:

Also, Suarez didn't have a release clause, Liverpool were only notified to tell him of any offer of 40m and above as both parties believed 40m was reasonable....
I repeat, Suarez didn't have a release clause...

Not true according to research!
You confidence on this stance despite contrary evidence is really interesting!
Suarez actually had a release clause!
I had posted the link to prove otherwise!
If you have a contrary link to prove he had none,post it here!

AnfieldFan:

At the end, Keita is an employee, Liverpool will use him to facilitate a deal if they feel it's a doable and reasonable cause of action...

Keita is much more than the average definition of an employee...Keita like every other player is a contract staff who is paid to carry out a task or function....he has a contractual agreement and an agent/soccer attorney who protects his interest in order not to be taken advantage of!
Liverpool cannot make a deal without making it known to him and he can decide not to be involved in the deal with barrella and nothing will happen!
If you have a contrary opinion,quote with evidence....not assumptions!

AnfieldFan:

To be honest, I don't know what I'm to do with these links, does any article here disprove my position that Liverpool weren't particularly inclined to sell off Hendo or loan him out?

Oga stop trying to be evasive!
You said the club not the coach wanted him out of Liverpool!
I corrected you!
which you refused to acknowledge but kept prevaricating!
Hence I brought proof and you are still wondering its essence!

AnfieldFan:

I've said severally that there is no reported release clause attached to Barella, this means that there could be, but for now, it isn't public knowledge...
Better!
Your initial statement was there was no release clause as though its a fact that he has none!
But no probs!

AnfieldFan:

Players show their displeasure, even fake Injuries, Countinho did, but we held on to him for half a season and then sold off because it was bad for business keeping an unhappy player...
Think of it this way, if Liverpool had decided that they would rather lose money than seel off Countinho, all we needed to do was keep on rejecting offers untill his contract expired..
But that would be counter-productive and akin to leaving money on the table wouldn't it?

No matter how stiff necked club tries you cannot keep a player who doesn't want to stay!
At the end the player has the final say no matter the defiance of the club!
This what I have been saying!

AnfieldFan:

Same old, Same old...
As usual you said nothing but attempt a low budget prevarication!
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Jodera: 11:22am On Jul 01, 2022
Openmine, if you're following this Lewandowski present saga, you'll know that any player under contract doesn't have the will-power to force a move if his parent club doesn't agree. He can only rant and rant and las las him go still dey the club.

I'm an arsenal fan and I followed that Suarez saga. Liverpool played both arsenal and Suarez cos Suarez really wanted that move. In fact, it was after the transfer window Suarez just have to calm down same way Kane calmed down after Spurs blocked his move to Man city. In fact, sources said Suarez and Brendan Rodgers wasn't in talking terms and that after the transfer window Gerrard told him to forget arsenal (that he's too good for them) that if he plays excellently well, big clubs than arsenal will come his way.

Now while there ought to be compromise sometimes(like in the case of Mane), but if the buying club doesn't meet the selling club strict valuation on their player, there's nothing the player under contract can do(except in the case of buyout clause).
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by AnfieldFan: 1:05pm On Jul 01, 2022
Jodera:
Opwnmine, if you're following this Lewandowski present saga, you'll know that any player under contract doesn't have the will-power to force a move if his parent club doesn't agree. He can only rant and rant and las las him go still dey the club.

I'm an arsenal fan and I followed that Suarez saga. Liverpool played both arsenal and Suarez cos Suarez really wanted that move. In fact, it was after the transfer window Suarez just have to calm down same way Kane calmed down after Spurs blocked his move to Man city. In fact, sources said Suarez and Brendan Rodgers wasn't in talking terms and that after the transfer window Gerrard told him to forget arsenal (that he's too good for them) that if he plays excellently well, big clubs than arsenal will come his way.

Now while there ought to be compromise sometimes(like in the case of Mane), but if the buying club doesn't meet the selling club strict valuation on their player, there's nothing the player under contract can do(except in the case of buyout clause).

We just going round and round in circles at this point.... Arguing basic football knowledge
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by AnfieldFan: 1:07pm On Jul 01, 2022
Jodera:
Opwnmine, if you're following this Lewandowski present saga, you'll know that any player under contract doesn't have the will-power to force a move if his parent club doesn't agree. He can only rant and rant and las las him go still dey the club.

Openmine doesn't understand this...
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by AnfieldFan: 1:15pm On Jul 01, 2022
Openmine, I don't have the strength to go through things I've already explained...

But if you're game, I'm willing to bet 30k that Suarez had no release clause...
The club was only obligated to let him know of offers of 40m and above...

I've already proven that Mane went below his Liverpool valuation which is about the compromise Jodera just explained and I've been explaining....

As for Hendo, the entire premise of that argument was he didn't leave because Liverpool didn't feel like it, regardless of what he wanted (he wanted to stay and fight for his place), not you saying he stayed because he wanted and Liverpool couldn't do anything about it..

As for Bobby, Arsenal and Man United never tabled bids, we have an Arsenal fan in Jodera, you can ask him so saying Bobby chose us over Man United or Arsenal is wrong...We were the only club that negotiated with him...
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by AnfieldFan: 1:21pm On Jul 01, 2022
openmine:

Your postulation might be true if the player truly intends to come to that club!
In other words,he maybe convinced by the project happening at the club or through financial inducement!
However,what if he has his sights set on another club that is different from the one making any inquiry about him?
As far as we know, negotiations haven't even been opened with Barella so the picture you're trying to paint isn't even in the offing to warrant the statement below which is the one I've disputed...

openmine:

As for Barella, I've always maintained his market value to be 70m, give or take and repeatedly said that there is no reported release clause...
The statement no reported release clause doesn't invariably propound or claim there isn't one, it means it isn't public knowledge
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Jodera: 3:51pm On Jul 01, 2022
AnfieldFan:

We just going round and round in circles at this point.... Arguing basic football knowledge
Lol, it's even the repeated epistles by both of you sef that's even funny.

This is straight forward sef. Most players view football as business and once a bigger club comes, they jet out. Coutinho is a very good example. Man was enjoying life and play in Liverpool and he didn't even think of leaving Liverpool. Immediately Barca showed up, he ditched any plans he had for Liverpool and started throwing tantrums in order to force move. The way he was enjoying life in Liverpool before that Barca serious interest, no one would have thought he'll want to leave Liverpool or force his way out
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by AnfieldFan: 4:20pm On Jul 01, 2022
Jodera:
Lol, it's even the repeated epistles by both of you sef that's even funny.

This is straight forward sef. Most players view football as business and once a bigger club comes, they jet out. Coutinho is a very good example. Man was enjoying life and play in Liverpool and he didn't even think of leaving Liverpool. Immediately Barca showed up, he ditched any plans he had for Liverpool and started throwing tantrums in order to force move. The way he was enjoying life in Liverpool before that Barca serious interest, no one would have thought he'll want to leave Liverpool or force his way out

I'm telling you...
If Liverpool mov s for Barella today, man won't waste time in telling his agent to finalise the deal shaparly...

The epistles don tire me brother....
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Jodera: 5:19pm On Jul 01, 2022
AnfieldFan:

I'm telling you...
If Liverpool mov s for Barella today, man won't waste time in telling his agent to finalise the deal shaparly...

The epistles don tire me brother....
100% Facts

It's even very disrespectful to club for a player to show interest to another club wen him contract never expire. No matter how subliminal
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by AnfieldFan: 8:08pm On Jul 01, 2022
Salah's contract has been renewed....
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by openmine(m): 9:25pm On Jul 01, 2022
AnfieldFan:

As far as we know, negotiations haven't even been opened with Barella so the picture you're trying to paint isn't even in the offing to warrant the statement below which is the one I've disputed...
We both heard a rumor about a Barella link to LFC which we all posited what might transpire if such deal were to go through or fall out!
Based on the deal some what going cold,we both posited as to what may have transpired!
I made my postulations about Barella clear which for some reasons known to you, was taken as out of context and seen as factual!
Maybe next time i should place a sidenote to indicate that this is my opinion in order not to warrant such prolonged discus!

AnfieldFan:

As for Barella, I've always maintained his market value to be 70m, give or take and repeatedly said that there is no reported release clause...
The statement no reported release clause doesn't invariably propound or claim there isn't one, it means it isn't public knowledge
Firstly before you make a stance and stand true to it ensure you are doing so with proof and not on speculation or hearsays!
If you are sure of his market value show proof....If you have a link that proves he is valued at 70m,i have links to prove he is valued at 45m or more!
What this means is that the market value being peddled around on the sports media might not really be the correct market value!
However,i am willing to get your link if you are quite sure of your facts from a veritable source!
Secondly,when a release clause is NOT REPORTED like you rightly pointed out which i actually confirmed earlier,it implied in clear terms that NOBODY knew if BARRELLA's RELEASE CLAUSE EXISTS OR NOT hence it would be fallacious to have posited that there was nothing of such abinitio!
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by openmine(m): 9:36pm On Jul 01, 2022
AnfieldFan:

But if you're game, I'm willing to bet 30k that Suarez had no release clause...
The club was only obligated to let him know of offers of 40m and above...
Oga bring the proof here if you are sure of what you are saying!
I dont listen to hearsays!
AnfieldFan:

I've already proven that Mane went below his Liverpool valuation which is about the compromise Jodera just explained and I've been explaining....

Mane went for less because he was aging and his bargaining power was low!
A younger mane would have been higher than that!

AnfieldFan:

As for Hendo, the entire premise of that argument was he didn't leave because Liverpool didn't feel like it, regardless of what he wanted (he wanted to stay and fight for his place), not you saying he stayed because he wanted and Liverpool couldn't do anything about it..

You claimed the club wanted Hendo out and i said it was the coach!
If you cannot accept such correction then let it slide instead of being evasive!

AnfieldFan:

As for Bobby, Arsenal and Man United never tabled bids, we have an Arsenal fan in Jodera, you can ask him so saying Bobby chose us over Man United or Arsenal is wrong...We were the only club that negotiated with him...
I have already given you links about that!
Nothing to add!
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by AnfieldFan: 9:39pm On Jul 01, 2022
Android17 ....
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Android17: 9:41pm On Jul 01, 2022
I am here now.
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by AnfieldFan: 9:43pm On Jul 01, 2022
Android17:
I am here now.

Alright....How did you get 320k...
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Android17: 9:43pm On Jul 01, 2022
AnfieldFan:
Android17 ....
Your last post on that thread, how will you know if that figure is before or after tax? That is why you use multiple sources because nobody can concretely know.
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Android17: 9:44pm On Jul 01, 2022
AnfieldFan:

Alright....How did you get 320k...
I posted the screen shot again. This is a different website.

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (108) (Reply)

Paris Saint-gemain FC Fan Thread: Les Rouge-et-bleu..."Revons plus grand" / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) / Manchester City Fan Thread!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 357
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.